PDA

View Full Version : Am I Seeing Things?!?!?

bobafett07728
06-08-2006, 04:52 PM
OK, so I have been away from collecting for a while. Life has been keeping me busy, and aside from picking up the occasional new figure at Target, etc. I have been unable to keep track of older figures, and the forums. I was recently checking out eBay, and ran across some auctions that blew my mind. Here is the kicker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Post-OTC-05-09-Luke-Skywalker-Dagobah-MOC_W0QQitemZ6061094222QQihZ009QQcategoryZ101609QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this figure really that rare!?!?! I noticed alot of the OTC, namely the Post-OTC were going for much higher than I remembered. Was this an isolated event, or has there been a serious increase in demand for this series. If demand is that serious, I think I need to pick up the one, or two I missed before they become too pricey.

I thought I used to be on top of my game. . . sheesh! A few months away, and the prices go through the roof!!!

Slicker
06-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Seeing as it's the POTC Luke I can believe it but I thought the Sandtrooper was the rare one. :confused:

It sucks that the OTC figures are going up in price since I still need some of them. I did, however, manage to snag a MOC OTC Chewie for $8 total so that's one step closer to finishing it up.

bobafett07728
06-08-2006, 05:53 PM
I thought the Sandtrooper was the big one, also. I still need the Vader, and maybe the Stormtrooper. . . I'd have to double check. I was really thrown for a loop when I saw that auction, though. Were there two versions (handstand, and normal) on the Dagobah Luke, like the regular OTC version? My memory is shot. I know I only have one. . . so I'm hoping that there wasn't :D.

Slicker
06-08-2006, 05:56 PM
As far as I know the POTC Luke Dagobah was only released standing up so you're in the clear on that one.:D

bobafett07728
06-08-2006, 06:05 PM
As far as I know the POTC Luke Dagobah was only released standing up so you're in the clear on that one.:D

WHEW!

That was a close one.

Jargo
06-08-2006, 06:25 PM
that is just stupid money to pay for one figure that was only released in the last couple of years. don't care how much of a short run it was or whether it was an exclusive there is no way a tiny lump of plastic should be going for that amount of money. makes me feel sick to the stomach that someone has that amount of cash to waste on a cheap plastic toy.

the whole value of these things has gone decidedly screwy, in fact on all toys. Sure at retail you have to factor in a bit more cash because plastics cost more these days, but man that much money is obscene.

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 10:37 PM
These packaging variants are *so* limited. Yeah, he's on a POTC card rather than an OTC card, but so what? Why is that such a big deal? I guess if you're a carded completist this was rare, but $150 rare? No f***ing way!

El Chuxter
06-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Y'know, I didn't even notice until halfway through the thread that it was a POTC card, not OTC. What a minor variation for $147 over retail! :rolleyes:

Bacta Beast
06-08-2006, 11:36 PM
I could be wrong but I thought he was packaged both ways.

figrin bran
06-09-2006, 01:48 AM
this figure was indeed released both standing up and upside down (i have the latter)

http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC/otc0401lukedagobahcard2fr-tn.jpg

El Chuxter
06-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Look carefully at the card insert. This is a Post-OTC Luke, not an OTC Luke. I wasn't aware this even existed. But, as I said before, big whoop.

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 07:18 PM
That's the OTC version Figgy, here's the fullsize:
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC/otc0401lukedagobahcard2fr.jpg

The one in this auction is the Post-OTC (or POTC) and that version was not released upside-down.

Banthaholic
06-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah the POTC Luke was only released standing. There was a mock-up of it upside down, but I never heard of any making it to the stores.

I looked at an etailer and this thing shouldn't be for more than $20. Maybe it was one of those dreaded after-bar bids, and when the guy sobered up and realized he bid $150 for this figure he'll wander what he was drinking. IMO they should have a breathalizer control to log into ebay to prevent these sort of things :)

Turbowars
06-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I was able to get all of these POTC in a case, but This Luke was in another assortment that didn't have much in it so I pasted on it thinking I could get him. Wrong, I still don't. I believe he is the hardest of the group of POTC's.