PDA

View Full Version : ok, seriously, where are the fx-7's?

Sean the Hutt
01-24-2002, 09:23 PM
I have managed to scrounge up the others but this droid is as hard to find as any what is up Hasbro does it again. And what is up with Toys R us? All we have are pegs of Leia bespin escape. It is no wonder Wal Mart sells more toys than you. By the time you get them and put them out I have purchased them at Target for a discount! This same crap happened before episode 1 too the retailers bailed out on the last potf waves. I have liked the potj line for the most part. As well as the distribution to this point, but sadly it looks as though we the collector is screwed again I think I will go to midnight madness again and just watch and look at the figures I will wait to get on clearance somewhere else. TRU...well... U suck.

SithDroid
01-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Like I've said many times before, the TRU in my area sucks at getting new POTJ figures in. I gave up going there and go to Target. They usually have tons of what I want at a cheaper price. I haven't even seen the FX-7 wave in my area yet and I hope I see it soon. For some reason here we get everything way after everyone else in the country. Is Hasbro trying to say that my part of the county is not as important. That's why I missed out on all the hard stuff in late 1998. We didn't see hardly any of it here. No Han w/TaunTaun Beast pack or Luke w/ Wampa.:(

As I've also said before, Hasbro usually stops production of its other figures to put mass production emphasis on the new movie figures. It happened with the EP I figures as well. That is why the late 1998 stuff is hard to find because Hasbro was busy overproducing the EP I stuff. Man I hope I get the FX-7 wave and the Teebo wave or I'm going to be ticked off.

DagMarus
01-25-2002, 12:55 AM
Where's that whole damned wave?! Seriously! In my neck of the woods it doesn't EXIST!!!

hamsterboy
01-25-2002, 01:59 AM
The shelves at my Target are clogged with the suckers. Of course,by the time I get back there they will be gone.:(

GNT
01-25-2002, 03:20 AM
Ist it weird that you cant find it in your country while I'm able to find them here where figures are just plain pegwarmers :)

JEDIpartner
01-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Well... I honestly have to say that I haven't seen this wave up here in northeast Ohio. JediDrew hasn't even posted running across these things either, so I highly doubt that our stores have gotten them. I purchased them for a relative inexpensive price off the net about a month ago. These are really nice looking figures. I haven't gotten the Eeth Koth (probably won't) or the Zutton (probably won't get that one either). I shouldn't say that... I MAY buy them if I see them on the pegs here. With that being about as likely as Hasbro NOT making stupid looking AOTC figures... I think that it will never happen! D'oh!:eek:

InsaneJediGirl
01-25-2002, 09:53 AM
I havent seen the FX-7 wave,Zutton Wave,or Eeth wave here in Florida.We do have alot of Vaders ,Gungan Warriors(STILL!!),
and Leias.

I'm sure they will come out soon...hopefully..maybe...:(

JetsAndHeels
01-25-2002, 10:52 AM
I was fortunate enough to find the entire FX-7 wave at Wal-Mart all at one time. The funny thing is they had just one of each, so I was very lucky. Havent found Eeth Koth, but I ordered him off the net. Have found all the deluxe figures also.

Jedi Drew
01-25-2002, 11:18 AM
I found the whole wave at Wal-Mart in Mentor OH.-when I was working. Other then that I haven't seen them since. Good Hunting...

KiValleyTiger
01-25-2002, 11:29 AM
I finally found one @ Sherman Oaks Target last night. Good luck.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2002, 11:54 AM
My long lost friend JediDrew breaks his silence!!!

I forgot they had a Wal-Mart out in Mentor! Shows you how often I go out east! ;)

Jayspawn
01-25-2002, 03:18 PM
The FX-7 wave doesn't exist around here either. My TRU has TONS of Dagobah Vaders and Qui-Gon Mos Espa Disguises. They suck at getting stuff in. TRU has not been at all dependable the last few months.

xboywonder
01-25-2002, 05:47 PM
I found the FX7 wave at TRU before Xmas.... Then I saw them one more time at Target last weekend.... I'm really hoping the Teebo Wave will not be this hard to find.

Turbowars
01-27-2002, 01:09 PM
All the FX-7's are on E-BAY or at Brian's Toys:)

Sean the Hutt
01-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Yes I saw them on ebay. I would buy them from there but the cost of shipping one figure is bogus. I did manage to find the fx-7 today at my newly expanded Target, so I am happy I guess. Now to close in on Sio Bibble, the pit droid 2 packs and an eopie. Thats all I need to be cought up with all figs since '95! I suppose I will have to ebay for those or maybe find an eopie in Europe. Oh well happy hunting, Toys R Us still sucks!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-03-2002, 02:52 AM
I was lucky to find the entire FX-7 wave at a Wal-Mart before Christmas. Actually I found him a couple of times. For $3 too! But at that price the POTJ at Wal-Mart doesn't stay on the shelves for very long. For all I know, Zutton and Eeth Koth have shown up a couple of times and have disappeared in a flash. I have passed up on the 25th Anniversary sets and the 12" Luke and Yoda (unless they go on clearance:greedy: ) but I have kept my eyes peeled for the Bomber and Snowspeeder:stupid:

Beast
02-03-2002, 03:00 AM
I recently found the Eeth Koth wave at Wal-Mart. Apperantly some scalper hit the shelves. From the looks of things they put out 4 cases, due to the fact there was 14 Snaggletooths and 14 Eeth Koth's on the rack. The odd thing was, while there were only 2 of each of those figures missing. All of the FX-7's, Imperial Officer's, Rebel Fleet Trooper, and Queen Amidala's Decoy were gone. Thats just crazy for there to be so many of the others left, yet for someone to have cleaned the 4 1 each per case FX-7 wave out. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
02-03-2002, 09:03 AM
Maybe they didn't get any of the FX-7 wave in.

FX-7 and Eeth Koth are 2 seperate waves, and shipped seperatly I believe. FX-7 was released first, but strangely enough I found found the Eeth Koth/Zutton wave first. I found FX-7 around 2 weeks later. So, keep an eye out.

Scalpers seem to be less prevelant lately. At least, from what I've seen. But then again, I am living in Kentucky now.:(

My local comic store guy gave up completly on SW!:eek:

sith_killer_99
02-03-2002, 09:16 AM
OK, it looks like I spoke too soon. The Eeth Koth wave did in fact ship with 1 set of the FX-7 figures.

But realisticly, that's only 4 sets. I usually buy 2 of each figure when I can. One to open and one for MOMC. And I know I'm not alone.;)

Anyway, sorry to hear about your bad luck. I know that these last few waves will be hard to come by. That is why I ordered a full case of the FX-7 wave, and I will do the same for the Bo Shek wave. I have a feeling that Eeth Koth and Zutton will be peg warmers.:rolleyes:

Good luck and happy hunting.;)

Turbowars
02-03-2002, 11:23 AM
Well I can tell you for sure that they aren't here in Burbank CA, I have not seen anything new but the deluxe figures and a bunch of peg warming Bens

INDIANA
02-03-2002, 01:54 PM
It GREATLY pains me to say I told you so....

I have had a bad feeling about these last waves for MONTHS, though I too was very surprised by the FX-7 waves scarcity. I'm in the Chicago suburbs and saw 1 box of these at Wal-Mart ONCE, never saw them again. Now Teebo wave is just about to hit and I have never seen Eeth Koth at any store, nor have I heard anyone around here picking them up.

To be honest, I ordered them all on-line. Didn't pay too much over retail (79 a case) and I have them. Teebo wave was also ordered back in November. If, by miracle, I do see them in a store first, I'll pick up the ones I need, keep the reciept, and when the figures come to my door take them back to the store, with ony a couple of dollars lost on the deal.

With E2 roll-out so close, sorry, but POTJ is dead. Go on-line and good luck!

sith_killer_99
02-03-2002, 07:50 PM
WOW, I didn't realize it was THAT bad!

Eeth Koth and Zutton are serious peg warmers around here.:(

But, you are correct the final waves are and always will be scarce. It's Hasbro's fault. They always scale back production before introducing a new line.

My brother-in-law orders direct from Hasbro and has yet to recieve his shipments of the latest wave (FX-7). So part of the prodlem right now is distribution.

I was fortunate enough to find the FX-7 wave at Wal-Mart. Plus I have a case set aside for when my brother-in-law gets his shipment in. I plan on getting a case of the Bo Shek wave also. As I said before I think Eeth Koth and Zutton will be peg warmers, judging from the response around here.

Take my advise people, order them on-line if you have to. It's better to pay $7-$8 now than wait and pay $12-$20 later.:cry:

2-1B
02-04-2002, 12:09 AM
I stumbled across an FX-7 for the first time today in the least likely of stores, and passed on him due to the HUGE crease on the card. But then I decided to pick him up since I will probably not see him again.

So now I am just going to open my Bacta Luke and the droid to create a little scene. I was going to leave Luke on card, but this will be fun too.

They had one Imperial Officer, but I passed on him. I also passed on the lone Eeth Koth I saw the other day.

Good luck with whomever you are hunting. :)

Dark Knight
02-04-2002, 12:24 AM
It was amazing. I found the entire fx-7 wave at my local wal-mart. They had just put up 2 boxes of them. I went back the next day and there weren't any left. I hope to see the Eeth koth and Zutton wave in the comimg week. Hehehehehehe like hasbro is going to ship anything this far south.

:evil: :) :evil:

sith_killer_99
02-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Wal-Mart seems to be the place to find this wave.;)

Lord Tenebrous
02-04-2002, 12:52 PM
The only reliable WalMart I go to just got in some more old figures. The good ones are already gone, and I'm taking some of the pegwarmers at a lower price for customization (:sur: ). So maybe once I get the aisle cleared of junk, we'll get the latest waves in. I don't really want to do anything, but I may as well get to work on Shmi Skywalker (Jedi), Saesee Tiin (Jedi Armor), and Ketwol-3PO. :rolleyes:

Sidiously Darth
02-05-2002, 01:13 AM
Hehehehehehe like hasbro is going to ship anything this far south. :rolleyes:

Try living in Orlando, FL where there are probably 10+ WM's in a 20 square mile area and you can't find any of the new figs. I just ordered 3 of them. :frus:

If I find them at the store, fine. But if I don't, I can order them for a reasonable price.

hamsterboy
02-08-2002, 02:16 AM
Just got back from Target. They had these reduced to $4.99.

OC47150
02-08-2002, 04:43 PM
I haven't seen anything new since the Shmi wave since before Christmas, although friends have been lucky enough to find them. The big volume TRU in my area had a shipment of Fode and Beed and Sebulba figures out on the shelves.

So, yes, I wonder, Where are the new figures?