PDA

View Full Version : Endor AT AT pics

dindae
06-09-2006, 10:11 AM
SSG just posted pics of the AT-AT. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=73
I'm happy they left in the electronics. I wished they would have used the VTSC Biker Scout but its still better than some pack ins. The paint job is better then I expected but I'm still waffling on whether I like it.

Battle Droid
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=73

Kidhuman
06-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Hopefully it will hit clearance like the first one.

Battle Droid
06-09-2006, 10:28 AM
I wish we would've gotten the Imperial Officer that handed Vader Luke's lightsaber instead of the Biker Scout.

TheDarthVader
06-09-2006, 11:00 AM
The figures stink because most of us already have these, as new sculpts were just released just this year. :(

I wonder what other sounds this thing is going to have? I am sure it isn't going to have the Veers voice. :crazed: Maybe it will have some exploding sounds.

El Chuxter
06-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Woo hoo! Easy pass!! :D

jjreason
06-09-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm sold. I love the paint on this ATAT and both figures they included with it.

Slicker
06-09-2006, 12:05 PM
I figured that's what they'd do with the paint but the box has me sold. I like the graphics and whatnot on it.

Jaff
06-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm with El Chuxter on this one. I don't need 20 Darths, 5 different X-Wings, multiple Gunships, 30 Lukes, and on and on and on.

If I spray painted an AT-AT different would someone buy it from me?

The box is cool, but I wish they would just offer us something different on movie vehicles now days.

Banthaholic
06-09-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm in. This things looks about as good as I expected from it, and I can't stop looking at that box, danf it's nice. The object inside looks pretty darn cool as well, I love the dirty AT-AT feet.

The pack-ins are good. Looks like the Saga AT-AT driver, and OTC scout trooper. Both of which are decent figures, plus army builders at that.

I'm really happy with Hasbro's decision to make this the Endor AT-AT. This vehicle was in the movie for like 5 seconds, the dirty paint deco wasn't shown anywhere but our imagination, yet still they made a toy. This is what made Star Wars great in the vintage days, and I'm glad that if they are going to release vehicles they are giving us sort of something new (like they're doing with Mace Windu's & Darth Vader's black Jedi starfighter).

figrin bran
06-09-2006, 12:30 PM
i don't like the paint on it at all. it's like there's algae growing on the sides of that AT-AT!

LTBasker
06-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I've got mixed feelings about it.

+Yay, another AT-AT! I never got a POTF2 one.
-I'll never get this either because it'll be too expensive...
+They replaced the chin blasters with better ones
-Endor paintjob means no Hoth use
+Decent AT-AT Driver included
-Imperial Officer should've been instead of a POTJ Biker Scout
+Box is nice
-I'll drool and cry if I see it in the store

Would've been nice if all the muck from Endor had been in the form of removeable pieces like the upcoming Dagobah X-Wing.

mm74md
06-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I know what my son will want for Christmas. Better start saving now!

DarthQuack
06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I've never had the chance to pick up one of these so I'll be getting one.

kool-aid killer
06-09-2006, 02:53 PM
I like this AT-AT, i like the paint scheme and it has two more Imperials i can add to my modest little army. If anything, i wish it came with an Ewok though, maybe put two of them in for the driver. Lil KAK is going to want one too.

dindae
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm really surprised at all the comments on the box. I understand that the comments on figure cards but I can't imagine getting a $90 toy that isn't even a window box and keeping it in the box. I think I will be happy after I buy this. I only have the one At-At so it will be good to have one for endor as well.

Luuuuuuke
06-09-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm passing on it only because I'm happy with the POTF At-At and I don't need the figures. The cost just makes it easier.

darko666
06-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Hopefully it will hit clearance like the first one.

same here. i bought the first AT-At when it hit clearance. plus it would be cool to have another AT-AT. and i'm digging the dirt and scuff marks on it.

DarthBrandon
06-09-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm sold on this, I will pick up two (one for me & one for B) & hopefully everyone does at regular price. This will increase the chances of possibly getting a new AT-TE or some other new vehicle down the road. If they clearance then there's no chance & I would rather see some new vehicles than more repaints in the future. The figures are O.K., but an Imperial officer would have been better than the Biker Scout, Oh well at least it's two pack in figures instead of nothing.

Banthaholic
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm sold on this, I will pick up two (one for me & one for B) & hopefully everyone does at regular price. This will increase the chances of possibly getting a new AT-TE or some other new vehicle down the road. If they clearance then there's no chance & I would rather see some new vehicles than more repaints in the future. The figures are O.K., but an Imperial officer would have been better than the Biker Scout, Oh well at least it's two pack in figures instead of nothing.
I agree with you on the if you want it buy it at normal price. While I like a bargain as much as anyone else, all the clearance sales in the past are prime reason why we haven't seen an AT-TE, or many of the other vehicles that we have beel asking for. The price on this might be a little high, but the POTF-2 one is going for pretty much the similar price on ebay, and the price is constant with what this prob should be selling for with a slight exclussive mark-up.

Jargo
06-09-2006, 06:09 PM
The paint apps suck. Hope that's not finished article. like chux said, easy pass. way too easy.

Phantom-like Menace
06-09-2006, 06:34 PM
While I like a bargain as much as anyone else, all the clearance sales in the past are prime reason why we haven't seen an AT-TE, or many of the other vehicles that we have beel asking for.

I was going to include DarthBrandon's post as well, but decided not to. I so wholeheartedly agree with these two posts. I understand the concept that we think they can do it better or cheaper or whatever, but Hasbro only sees that we don't want vehicles. If there is a vehicle I don't want at regular price, I might not purchase it, but no one wins at all if it goes to clearance. Hasbro doesn't win; toy stores don't win; we might think we won, but then we don't get our Sith Infiltrator and suddenly Hasbro has betrayed us.

No matter how many times we say we want an AT-TE or a Sith Infiltrator, or a sail barge, we show them time and time again that we will not purchase them. Words don't make a market, money makes a market, and when it comes time to "put our money where our mouth is," we always seem to have misplaced our wallets.

Jargo
06-09-2006, 06:50 PM
no for me it's that it looks horrible. a plain version again would have made more sense so people could use it for hoth or wherever. those green blotches and muddy feet make it scene specific and they're badly executed. I would have bought it but for the paint apps.
sure on the smaller vehicles I can see how scene specific markings might work. but on a top end vehicle it's a waste.
for me they might as well have painted it in camouflage and shipped it with a couple of GI JOE figures.

DarkArtist
06-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah this is a pass for me. I have the vintage Kenner one and the POTF one. two is more than enough, plus I think my wife would kill me if I bought home another.

DarthBrandon
06-09-2006, 07:48 PM
No matter how many times we say we want an AT-TE or a Sith Infiltrator, or a sail barge, we show them time and time again that we will not purchase them. Words don't make a market, money makes a market, and when it comes time to "put our money where our mouth is," we always seem to have misplaced our wallets.

Nicely said, hopefully enough people will buy it to warrant an AT-TE & others.

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm really surprised at all the comments on the box. I understand that the comments on figure cards but I can't imagine getting a $90 toy that isn't even a window box and keeping it in the box. I think I will be happy after I buy this. I only have the one At-At so it will be good to have one for endor as well.None of the TSC vehicles have been window-boxed, this one is actually the closest with a window for the figures and the vehicle's foot right there. I am a tiny bit surprised this isn't a window box though since a lot of the TRU-exclusive vehicles were window boxes, and the AT-AT would fit well in a window box diorama display with the legs removed.

In fact, that foot shot almost sold me, it just looks too cool like that right next to the figure. But I don't really like the paint on this, it's not weathered enough, it should have paint EVERYWHERE, not just some moss and some mud but oil coming out of joints and panels and stuff.

Banthaholic
06-09-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm actually glad it's not a full window box. As much as I enjoy window boxes, it'd be an extra cost on it. Openers for the most part could care less what it loks like because bottom line the package is being opened.

Window boxes cater to the non-opening crowd, which I am apart of. So for some of the items window boxes are nice for diplaying the item. The difficult part is that an item this size it would be difficult to find a window box in good enough condition to display. My TRU has a hard enough time not getting normal boxes not dented and dinged.

Kidhuman
06-10-2006, 03:00 AM
If they want to test the market on large sized vehicles if they will seel or not, put the freakin AT-TE out there. THere is no reason why we should have ot pay 90 bucks for rehashed fodder.

Luuuuuuke
06-10-2006, 03:04 AM
Apart from the paint applications I can't see a real difference between this AT-AT and the POTF one. Anyway, I don't see a difference worth paying $90 for.

There's so many other vehicles they can put out. The AT-TE is obvious, but what about the ship Obi Wan uses to escape from Utapau before meeting up with Yoda and Bail Organa?

dindae
06-10-2006, 11:28 AM
As far as the people waiting for clearance I don't think it is going to happen. The days of TRU clearance At-Ats to $20 are gone. Maybe in the year 2010 you can't get them for 50% but being an exclusive I don't think they are going to be enough to warrant that much of a clearance. TRU will sit on them until they rot if no one buys them.

El Chuxter
06-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Buying this will not guarantee an AT-TE.

It will make it less likely for us to get an AT-TE. "Why," says Hasbro, "design a new mold when these suckers will pay $100 for a re-used mold several times over?"

Turbowars
06-10-2006, 12:14 PM
I like it. It looks pretty good. I don't understand most of the crying here. The damn thing hasn't been on shelves for years. Is it really a surprise to you guys? It's too bad about the cost though. How many parents buy their kids $100 toys? Maybe for X-mas.

If they mad a AT-TE I'm not even sure I would buy it. It would be way to small with a hefty price at that.

I think this was mentioned briefly above, but I'll elaborate a bit.
Hasbro should had released a plain version like the POTF2 one, but with oil and rust markings. Then so we could use the Ship on Endor and Hoth they could had included Snow and Dirt covers for the feet and maybe some snow and dirt thinkingies to put on the top and sides, kind of like the new Dagobah X-Wing.

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm actually glad it's not a full window box. As much as I enjoy window boxes, it'd be an extra cost on it. Openers for the most part could care less what it loks like because bottom line the package is being opened.

Window boxes cater to the non-opening crowd, which I am apart of. So for some of the items window boxes are nice for diplaying the item. The difficult part is that an item this size it would be difficult to find a window box in good enough condition to display. My TRU has a hard enough time not getting normal boxes not dented and dinged.Window boxes have another, much more important purpose, they display the toys in a "fantasy play environment" which is meant to entice kids, kids are the backbone of this line even with their mass exodus after Ep 1. The value of higher sales offsets the increased printing price (the extra expense there).

There's so many other vehicles they can put out. The AT-TE is obvious, but what about the ship Obi Wan uses to escape from Utapau before meeting up with Yoda and Bail Organa?General Grievous' Starfighter, that one has been on my want-list since I first saw the movie.

As far as the people waiting for clearance I don't think it is going to happen. The days of TRU clearance At-Ats to $20 are gone. Maybe in the year 2010 you can't get them for 50% but being an exclusive I don't think they are going to be enough to warrant that much of a clearance. TRU will sit on them until they rot if no one buys them.You are right, the only reason the POTF2 AT-ATs went to $10 is because Hasbro was closing warehouses and it was cheaper to sell them to TRU below cost than to continue paying for storage, that's not likely to happen again anytime soon.

If they mad a AT-TE I'm not even sure I would buy it. It would be way to small with a hefty price at that. This is sadly true, if they had released in during Ep 2 or 3's movie years, it would have been bigger probably (like the Queen's Royal Starship from Ep 1) but at this point the mold costs are very high and the interest is diminished.

Phantom-like Menace
06-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Buying this will not guarantee an AT-TE.

Nothing will guarantee it.

It will make it less likely for us to get an AT-TE. "Why," says Hasbro, "design a new mold when these suckers will pay $100 for a re-used mold several times over?"

That's just not logical. I can understand if your question applied only to the construction a new AT-AT mold when we would happily purchase the old one.

Every wave Hasbro has released this year has had re-issues of old sculpts. These rehashes don't mean we've gone without new figures, they're simply low-cost investment for Hasbro to recoup enough money to give us resculpts, resculpts like the soon-to-be-highly-coveted R5-D4. In fact, much as it irks some people, Hasbro's best bet right now is to reissue clones in every assortment ad infinitum, because they are not only low-cost but guaranteed sells. Any business with a guaranteed money-maker is going to jump on it and jump on it hard, yes. But no business, no matter how mismanaged, isn't going to pursue growth. It's an amazingly simple formula: if you're making gonzo profit selling plates, you might try making cups too. Yes plates are putting food on your . . . well, plate . . . so you're not going to stop making plates, but they can also help you with your cup venture.

How well did the Queen's starship sell? I really don't remember, but I know a lot of people really liked that ship. Did it prove or disprove that large ships are a bad idea financially?

Turbowars
06-11-2006, 02:06 AM
I liked the ship, but not enough to warrant a purchase of 80+. I might had bought it if I was collecting then. I had about a 6 month gap in collecting between potf2 and EP1. If I remember correctly it had something to do with bar hopping and women.:thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
06-11-2006, 03:22 AM
If I remember correctly it had something to do with bar hopping and women.:thumbsup:

Ah, I used to be able to afford toys, bar hopping, and women. Now I can barely afford food. Retail price was 80+? I think I rounded it mentally to 100, but back then "more or less $100" was all the figuring I had to do.

Kidhuman
06-11-2006, 03:26 AM
How well did the Queen's starship sell? I really don't remember, but I know a lot of people really liked that ship. Did it prove or disprove that large ships are a bad idea financially?

I had one on pre-order from TRU at the time and they kept pushing it back and back and back, so I got my money back on it. I would have bought it easily.

Phantom-like Menace
06-11-2006, 03:59 AM
I'm only really looking for overall sales of the product, numbers Hasbro would look at. Individual sales have no bearing.

I bring up the Queen's Royal Starship only because it is a pretty good platform to assess sales of brand new, large-scale vehicle molds. It's the kind of ambitious, stick-your-neck-out type of move we're asking for in an AT-TE (which I'll use as my hypothetical model because it's such a popular example and I would slap people very important to me to get one). This product was liked by those who purchased it, rather large, and was--I believe, certainly--reasonably priced for what we got. I believe, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it's the most ambitious Star Wars toy released since 1995.

I honestly, though, don't know how well it sold. If it sold well, then it is a perfect example to Hasbro that if they build it, we will come. If it didn't sell well, then it's a perfect example that vehicles are not good financial investments.

dindae
06-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Well the problem with basing an argument on the Queens Starship is that at the time of Phantom Menace everone was buying anything Star Wars. I know people that had never bought anything Star Wars before that bought Episode I figures. Did it sell well? I don't know. I certainly did see it on the shelves a lot. Does that mean Hasbro overshot they market? Does it mean the frenzy had started to die and it was grouped with all of the other EI products that rotted after saturating the market? Or maybe it was just too much money for a transport ship (I loved it but its no millenium falcon)? There are a lot of variables that come into to play but even if Hasbro made thier money if the retailers bit it hard on that item they are going to have a much harder sale to push enough units to make it worth creating. Hasbro can make all the molds they want but if no stores will pick them up it doesn't matter. Look at the Sandcrawler.

Phantom-like Menace
06-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Well the problem with basing an argument on the Queens Starship is that at the time of Phantom Menace everone was buying anything Star Wars. I know people that had never bought anything Star Wars before that bought Episode I figures.

I was actually going to be nice enough not to mention that, but that fact crossed my mind. I would still allow that new, large vehicles can do well if the Queen's ship did well, despite the unfair advantage you mentioned.

Jargo
06-11-2006, 09:42 AM
i bought the royal starship. paid top dollar for it. then I managed to get a second one when people were trying to clear stocks of it for a mere fraction of the cost. I'd buy large vehicles at high cost even if it was worth getting. but shoving ridiculous stencilled marks all it puts me off. Sure general washes of a dirty colour to suggest grime and use is fine but when laser burns are solid black blobs and there's green splotches looking like a kid went mad with crayons then really I'm not gonna buy. Decals would have made more sense. It's worked on other vehicles.

One other point is if the legs on this AT-AT are being made from cheaper plastics like everything else then it's going to be unsteady like the collapsing legs of the AT-ST re-release which I threw out in disgust.

In theory, re-releasing the AT-AT is a cool idea. However, considering how sophisticated kids have become and how particular collectors are, doing something with that opening side flap, strengthening the neck so the head doesn't flop down, giving it a general dirty look rather than scene specific, would have tempted me.

As far as other large vehicles, I can't see how an AT-TE wouldn't sell considering how many clonetroopers have sold how they continue to sell. The AT-TE and the Kashyyk swamp speeder, The Sith Infiltrator, Grievous' ship, Even the Imperial landing craft, all seem like no brainers to me. ok maybe not the infiltrator. Maul wasn't the villain he was cracked up to be.
Swamp speeder would just be too cool. AT-TE awesome, Imperial landing craft I could see being a two-fold thing, one a large vehicle to sit alongside the shuttle and look awesome but given the shape would also make an excellent carry case. it's wide, it's flat, it could include face droid launcher underneath, opening cockpit, and then aside from landing gear, the fuselage could be compartmental inside. as long as the exterior works and looks right the inside doesn't really matter much like the shuttle.
We accept scaling down on these vehicls because otherwise we wouldn't get half of them. But a little more care in how re-releases are handled and some new stuff wouldn't go amiss.

as far as the royal starship goes, it was a pile of pants. massive, useless. not a lot of fun. it didn't sell that well because it was a girly ship. some bought it because they can't avoid shiney stuff but really it was a turkey. Kids wanted the infiltrator, darth maul was cool, and instead they were handed the starship... it was kinda like something your grandparents would give you at christmas.
My nephew uses the one I gave him as a troop transporter and that's what kids want. macho vehicles. so fair enough the AT-AT will please kids, but it's too costly for them. so that means collectors will mostly lap it up, and how many will turn their noses at a scene specific paint job? and how many AT-ATs will be shelf warmers? The only hard and fast consumer base is the completist and their numbers are dwindling under the weight of everything already released.

Hasbro is churning out clonetroopers by the millions, so releasing an AT-AT makes little sense. but evidently hasbro must make a decision, use an existing set of molds and cut down on cost seeing as the plastic is expensive, or have new molds made and pony up for that AND the high cost plastic. obviously they'll take the cheaper option. It's just not neccesarily the best option.

I don't remember seeing any thread asking for an AT-AT but I've seen countless threads asking for the AT-TE. threads across many many sites.

I can see kids in my mind wishing for an AT-TE and geting an AT-AT and feeling like it's grandparent gift time again.

Turbowars
06-11-2006, 10:59 AM
If I did see a Star Ship it was always missing the Red Astro Droid R2-R9 and that spelt DOOM for the ship. Who wanted an incomplete spary painted ship for 80 buck? That's another thing, the ship should had been Vac metal. The cost shouldn't had gone up either, I see cheap chrome hub caps at auto parts stores so that argument wont fly.

Devo
06-11-2006, 11:37 AM
If I did see a Star Ship it was always missing the Red Astro Droid R2-R9 and that spelt DOOM for the ship. Who wanted an incomplete spary painted ship for 80 buck? That's another thing, the ship should had been Vac metal. The cost shouldn't had gone up either, I see cheap chrome hub caps at auto parts stores so that argument wont fly.

Has anyone chrome painted their Royal starship? I'd like to see how that turns out. I chrome painted a McFarlane Terminator endoskeleton and it turned out horrible - whatsmore the paint never dried. Either the paint was crap quality or I did something wrong.

The Royal starship came out before I ever had internet access - back then I never had foreknowledge about what Star Wars figures and vehicles were coming out. So I was in awe when I saw that huge box on the shelves - my reaction? I had to have it. 1999 - I was 17, not working, getting pocket money. I ended up getting it at a clearance price - although I was prepared to pay the full cost - it was merely that I lucked out and the price had happened to be slashed in the run up to Christmas.

I still think its a great toy - the closest thing to an actual diorama that Hasbro ever made. Fits lots of figures. It was the signature 'heroes' ship of episode I. We'd never seen anything like it in a Star Wars film before. It was probably a no-brainer for Hasbro at the time (unless anyone can think of logic suggesting otherwise). I think its a pity it never appeared again in II and III - thats the problem with the prequels - very few ships appeared in more than one film - only the republic gunship, naboo starfighter (though merely a cameo in epII), the droid starfighter and AT-TE (again pretty much just a cameo in epIII). This makes it hard for Hasbro to decide its worthwhile going to the expense of a new mold for a vehicle that appeared only briefly in only one film. Something else we can blame Lucas for - his insistence on constant evolution and change between each prequel film. No consistency.

The AT-TE though, is probably the best bet for a new prequel vehicle. Its a battle vehicle, has huge cannons that will appeal to kids. And its a walker, the predecessor to the iconic walkers of the OT. And it actually isn't that big. Its not like clones are dots standing next to it. I think it could be made in decent scale - downsized inevitably but not irredeemably so.

As to the AT-AT - I like the box and the pack-ins seem good enough to me but the paintjob is a let-down. Splodges of muck here and there just doesn't look great. I prefer what they did on the POTJ AT-ST

El Chuxter
06-11-2006, 02:57 PM
The Queen's Starship (along with a lot of other large vehicles, the Falcon and POTF2 AT-AT) did marginally well. They sold, but large numbers ended up on clearance.

That's just not logical. I can understand if your question applied only to the construction a new AT-AT mold when we would happily purchase the old one.

Why is it not logical? Hasbro has proven again and again that they're only willing to make us happy if it increases their profit. So, purely from a business standpoint, why would they pour money into new molds for new vehicles, regardless of how much we beg, when (as a whole) we prove to them again and again that we're willing to put down more money each time for reused molds, some of which are more than 20 years old?

POTF2 AT-AT: $80
Saga II AT-AT: $100

AOTC Gunship: $25
Clone Wars Gunship: $25
ROTS Gunship: $30
Saga II Gunship: $45

Power FX X-Wing: $75
Saga Dagobah X-Wing (same mold, no electronics): $35
Saga Red Lead X-Wing: $35
Saga II Dagobah X-Wing: $50

And, for the most part, we're crapping our pants over how happy we are that they're releasing these "new" ships. Seriously, what's a corporate fatcat going to prefer: more profit by charging a higher price for an existing mold, or charging roughly the same price for a new ship that will require a few dollars per individual ship produced (meaning each one you see on the shelf, not each design) in R&D?

Jargo
06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Mr. Chuxter sir, half the time I have no idea what you're talking about with all your pop culture references but dammit you talk sense here. and i can understand everything exept 'R&D'. I'm sure it's something simple but my brain is tired.

JediTricks
06-11-2006, 10:15 PM
How well did the Queen's starship sell? I really don't remember, but I know a lot of people really liked that ship. Did it prove or disprove that large ships are a bad idea financially?I was among the first to buy the Queen's Royal Starship, I had preordered it from TRU and came down and picked it up at full price, I had some HUGE review written up which I let an SSG forumite use on his new little site that eventually became a larger site and our competition... oops. :p

Anyway, it sold poorly at $100, so they dropped the MSRP to $50 and then it sold better but not great, especially when it was learned the $50 ones were manufactured not as well as the $100 ones.

It didn't help either that it had an exclusive astromech droid exclusive figure in an easily-stolen window right in the front.

AOTC Gunship: $25
Clone Wars Gunship: $25
ROTS Gunship: $30
Saga II Gunship: $45AOTC Gunship was $40 and didn't sell that well until it went on clearance. CW Gunship was $30, making all those who just bought the Saga version for $10 more kinda miffed.

Darth Instigator
06-11-2006, 10:58 PM
yea I missed out on previous items and ebay is too expensive for a toy my son is going to open, so I would love to get one but $90 might be too much

pegger
06-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Well, my wife let my son play with the AT-AT when he was 18 months old - and of course he broke it. So I'm taking the $90 out of his college fund to replace it. :)

Honestly I like it. AT-AT is my favorite vehicle and I like the styling and design. Better quality figs than the POTF2 release too.

Sith Lord 0498
06-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Definitely an easy pass. Just more repaints and repacks.

Phantom-like Menace
06-12-2006, 12:41 AM
JT, thanks for the info on the Queen's starship. That was informative. Was your review of the starship positive?

I love my starship. My personal Star Wars hero, Qui-Gon Jinn looks great in there with Obi-Wan (both Naboo) and the Amidala's entourage. I even allowed Jar-Jar a place in the display, and it looks great packed with astromechs, the more the better.

Why is it not logical?

I can't think of any situation in which it's happened the way you describe. If people really like a soldier with a tank, and they buy as many soldiers with tanks as they can get their hands on, someone is going to decide there is great enough profit available to see if a diver with a boat can't be as much of a hit. Any business that doesn't plow profit (and re-releasing proven toys that are guaranteed to sell increases profit) into expansion is daft, absolutely out of touch with a reasonable business model. I would go so far as to say, that if Hasbro doesn't use profit to explore new products it's out of touch enough with reality to make this conversation pointless.

Now I can see where it is a perfectly reasonable argument to say the massive popularity of that soldier with its tank could make it unlikely that they release a brand new mold of a brand new soldier with a matching brand new tank. And I am simplifying this part rather than point out other possibilities.

Conversely, if that same company makes that same soldier with that same tank, and no one buys it, why should they accept our word that a diver with a boat is a slam dunk and that we would buy as many of them as possible?

Without taking the risk of making the diver with the boat, the only way that can determine how well the diver and boat will sell is based on the soldier and tank.

Turbowars
06-12-2006, 12:49 AM
JT, you said that the 1st Star Ship that sold for 100 was built better than the low price one. What were the differences and how do you know which is which?

JediTricks
06-12-2006, 02:46 PM
JT, thanks for the info on the Queen's starship. That was informative. Was your review of the starship positive?Yes, for the most part very positive. I did take off points for having a throne which figures at that time couldn't sit on, blow-off panels that fell off easily, and the on-the-loose retracted boarding ramp and upper panel that rattled around; but I felt the gimmicks were fun, the interior detailing was good, the multiple level design worked, the droid elevator was nifty (I'm a sucker for elevators on playsets), the escape pod was very slick, and the hyperdrive gimmick was decent.

JT, you said that the 1st Star Ship that sold for 100 was built better than the low price one. What were the differences and how do you know which is which?The second versions, which may have been built in Mexico while the first were built in China (that's the rumor anyway), had panels that never stayed in place, the electronic gimmick tied into the attack of the Droid Fighter didn't work as well, and the nose section which contained the escape pod apparently fell off easily - I found that part very surprising as the one on mine is hard as hell to remove. As for how to tell them apart, I have no idea, you could do it by date code probably but you'd have to know which date codes were what, and I don't.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
they r coming out with that again?!?!?! i want it so bad! my friend has the potf hoth 1 and he keeps laurding it over my head!!

El Chuxter
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I sure hope he doesn't drop it. That thing's heavy, and could land you in the emergency room with a fractured skull. ;)

Turbowars
06-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Speaking of a Chromed Star Ship, check this out!

http://www.yakface.com/?file=toyguide/dioramas/guests/javierbonet/starship.htm

BAD ***!!! I want to know where he did it and how.

Darth Instigator
06-13-2006, 07:21 AM
probably with chrome paint, some of the guys on my forums do this with cell phones

JediTricks
06-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Chrome paint? I dunno, this is very even, smoother than most paint work, but I suppose if he were patient enough. I don't think he had it chromed, the screw holes on the bottom don't have any chrome-over.

This thing looks to be picking up some fuzz: http://www.yakface.com/toyguide/dioramas/guests/javierbonet/12.jpg

Anyway, impressive job, he should remove the legs for display though. Hasbro should have offered this as a Special Edition version or something.

Turbowars
06-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't think there is a paint that will give you that result.

JediTricks
06-14-2006, 06:21 PM
I don't think there is a paint that will give you that result. I didn't think so either. It's also too smooth for using any sort of metal leaf, I think it has to be traditionally vacuum-metalized/chromed (must have had inserts for the screw holes and whatnot to keep them from getting washed into).

Veers
06-14-2006, 06:25 PM
That is sweet.

Turbowars
06-14-2006, 07:20 PM
I did some research and there is a paint, but it doesn't come in a spray can. It's a big investment. You have to buy a machine and there's 3 layers of material. So if you want to do something like this you better know someone.

Reefer Shark
06-15-2006, 11:48 PM
That is just freakin' bad-A**!! If anyone finds a way to get this done, I would be all for it.. Hell, I'd pay some serious cash to get this done to mine (and maybe even the front end of the Naboo Fighter as well).

Anyway, impressive job, he should remove the legs for display though.I would agree. The problem with that though, is that once put the legs in the starship, they don't come back out (at least on mine anyway).

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 03:34 AM
On mine they do, but it takes a LOT of effort.

I like the idea of chroming the Naboo Fighter too, that's an awesome idea. Hasbro should release the NF with chrome nose. I'm adding that to the Hasbro Questions thread right now!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2006, 01:26 PM
I never got the AT-AT, so I'll try to get this one. I think it looks pretty cool.

That Royal Starfighter is killer. I'd get another one if they released it like that!

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 04:44 PM
That Royal Starfighter is killer. I'd get another one if they released it like that!Royal Starship. It has no weapons. And if they re-released it with chrome, I wouldn't know what to do because I'd want it but I have the original so I'd have no room for it.

Reefer Shark
06-17-2006, 06:23 PM
I like the idea of chroming the Naboo Fighter too, that's an awesome idea. Hasbro should release the NF with chrome nose. I'm adding that to the Hasbro Questions thread right now!

Nice! ...but I doubt Hasbro will do it. It would look sweet though huh? If I find another NF for a good price, mabye I'll try a custom.

If Hasbro were to release a chrome Royal, I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of my old one to make room!

abell748
06-18-2006, 08:29 AM
That chromed out Royal Starship is sweeeet. I want mine chromed now! I would like to know about the stand he has it on, is it something he made or if it is off something else. I would like just a stand like that for my Royal Starship.

Turbowars
06-18-2006, 10:13 AM
The stand is custom as well and thats the easy part. Chroming it is the problem.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Royal Starship. It has no weapons. And if they re-released it with chrome, I wouldn't know what to do because I'd want it but I have the original so I'd have no room for it.
You crack me up, man. lol

Jargo
06-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Speaking of a Chromed Star Ship, check this out!

http://www.yakface.com/?file=toyguide/dioramas/guests/javierbonet/starship.htm

BAD ***!!! I want to know where he did it and how.

that i would have kept if it had looked so darn cool. the glitter spray grey colour just didn't do it for me.

deogg
06-21-2006, 08:53 PM
I'll be grabbing the first one of these I see on a store shelf. I have been a huge fan of the AT-AT for as long as I can remember!

Battle Droid
07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Boxed Back, the Biker Scout has a flip-up visor.

From, http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Endor_ATAT_Revealed_99158.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/at_at_endorat-at1.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/at_at_endorat-at2.jpg

Banthaholic
07-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Now that's a pretty neat little feature. Glad to see Hasbro is starting to make pack-ins well worth getting.

I'm stoked for the Endor At-At. Nothing like watching ROTJ seeing the At-At and knowing shortly we'll have an Endor-deco version available.

This is the coolest vehicle release for the OT since the Tie-Bomber came out. Now bring on my Sailbarge!

Slicker
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm not too thrilled about the flip up visor but all in all this is gonna be a nice addition to the 'ol collection.

El Chuxter
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I disagree with the praise for this figure being so unique. That really sucks that the Biker Scout essentially costs $90.

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 06:16 PM
It also encourages people to steal the pack-ins again, I hate when they do this window thing, there were a lot of red R2s (R2-R9) missing from Naboo Royal Starships back in the day.

DarthAngel
07-06-2006, 06:29 PM
It also encourages people to steal the pack-ins again, I hate when they do this window thing, there were a lot of red R2s (R2-R9) missing from Naboo Royal Starships back in the day.

Sadly it does, and I will admit that I was one of those people that stole the R4 unit out of the Imperial forces multipack from The Saga Line. There were also plenty of missing R3 units out of the Hot Forces multipack. That was one R3 that I never got. But see this is what happens when you have window boxes. They couldn't give us this Scout trooper on a card? We have to spend $90 to get it, f*&%#$g s^#t.

Turbowars
07-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Sadly it does, and I will admit that I was one of those people that stole the R4 unit out of the Imperial forces multipack from The Saga Line. There were also plenty of missing R3 units out of the Hot Forces multipack. That was one R3 that I never got. But see this is what happens when you have window boxes. They couldn't give us this Scout trooper on a card? We have to spend $90 to get it, f*&%#$g s^#t.

Oh so we have a known thief among us. :thumbsup: Crappy thing to do really, but whatever.

I'm surprised to see that the Scout has that flip up helmet. I think the figure was in the works a long time ago. Wasn't it in one of the fan polls?

Kidhuman
07-06-2006, 09:22 PM
this is a major pass.

Reefer Shark
07-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Damn, this sucks... here I was all ready to pass on this, and then we get word of the unique scout.

I'll need that scout for my troops display, and it looks like I'll have to spend $90 to get it :rolleyes: . I know, I know... I could just pass on it.. but it's not that simple for me.

I can't believe you just admitted to stealing here. You know how much it PO's most of us off when we see packages missing figures in stores? Hopefully you're not still stealing SW figures (or anything else for that matter).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh so we have a known thief among us. :thumbsup: Crappy thing to do really, but whatever.

I'm surprised to see that the Scout has that flip up helmet. I think the figure was in the works a long time ago. Wasn't it in one of the fan polls?
In the poll, there was the rebel trooper who disguises himself as a scout trooper. I think he had a beard in the film, and though the new pic is low-res, it looks like this fella recently shaved, so it's not him.

I really dig the visor. At least it's something to spice it up a little bit.

Darth Instigator
07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
I'll be grabbing the first one of these I see on a store shelf. I have been a huge fan of the AT-AT for as long as I can remember!exactly, when is this coming out? and to what store?

Banthaholic
07-07-2006, 09:21 AM
exactly, when is this coming out? and to what store?
This fall, and TRU

mtriv73
07-07-2006, 11:37 AM
I disagree with the praise for this figure being so unique. That really sucks that the Biker Scout essentially costs $90.

You hit it on the head. Knowing Hasbro though, they'll recard it 4 times in the next few years. I'm saving my $90 for then.

Battle Droid
07-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi-Res pic of Biker Scout,

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/at_at_endorat-at5.jpg

dindae
07-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I think this is cool but would have preferred it on a VTSC body. But any added value to something I was already getting is cool. I feel the pain of people that don't want another AT-AT but want the figure, but not too bad. ;)

El Chuxter
07-07-2006, 01:06 PM
And he's inaccurate, too, to boot. Jango Clones would be the exception rather than the rule by the time of ROTJ.

Rogue II
07-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Meh. I already have the AT-AT that I bought for about a quarter of the price. But it is nice that the re-released it for those who missed it.

I don't recall ever seeing a Biker Scout in the movie with his mask up like that so I don't care about it. The only Biker Scout I want with a removeable helmet is the Endor Rebel as seen in the Fan's Choice poll.

Jargo
07-07-2006, 02:32 PM
given that the biker scouts travel at ridiculous speeds, and that their helmet is so unaerodynamic, I'm surprised any of the scouts still have their heads attached. that visor part must get caught in the wind and whip em right off the bike. or at least snap their necks or at the very least leave them with whiplash.

So I guess hasbro is looking to make money out of parents buying christmas gifts. coz there doesn't seem to be much collector love for this.

Slicker
07-07-2006, 02:37 PM
And he's inaccurate, too, to boot. Jango Clones would be the exception rather than the rule by the time of ROTJ.Exactly my thinking which is why having the flip up visor is stupid.

pegger
08-26-2006, 06:21 PM
OK - I've opened mine - and from what I can see there are 3 differences from the Hoth AT-AT (aside from the obvious colouring differnce).

1) The voice chip is out. In it's place is antoehr sound - I think it was a longer gun/weapons fire type noise...
2) The little graphics are different. No Vader and power generator screens, but forest and the landing pad (I think)
3) The grappling hook thingee is also gone.

In case anyone wanted to know...

stillakid
08-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm sure I just missed the info somewhere, but when will this AT AT be available? And only at TRU?

Slicker
08-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm sure I just missed the info somewhere, but when will this AT AT be available? And only at TRU?These are already in stores and yes, they're a TRU exclusive. I believe it sells for either $79 or $89. Not sure but I'd have to bet on the latter.

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Its 90 beans stilla, and the X-wing is 45 and so is the TIE 45, so 200 bucks will get em all for you.

Blue2th
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Its 90 beans stilla, and the X-wing is 45 and so is the TIE 45, so 200 bucks will get em all for you.
Ouch!.....It's best to go in and buy them at separate times. Then it won't SEEM like your spending that much money. Luckily, or unluckily, depending on how you look at it. I haven't bought or seen the TIE yet. :laugh:

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Luckily I dont have a TRU near me, I have an X-wing and a TIE already, also an AT-AT.

stillakid
08-28-2006, 07:31 PM

Wait a minute....is it "beans" or "bucks"? :confused:

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 07:33 PM
200 US dollars.

Slicker
08-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Wait a minute....is it "beans" or "bucks"? :confused:I thought it was clams...

El Chuxter
08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
200 Junior Cheeseburgers.

Banthaholic
08-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Though there is a $5 off coupon floating around that I've used that works. Buy 'em all separately and you can save $15

Phantom-like Menace
09-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, I was hoping to get one of these Tuesday when I get paid, but my local TRU sold both of the ones they had.

I might resort to the website for my first one, but I hope to get a second locally. Here's hoping.

pegger
09-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Just an FYI - they come in cases of 4....

Phantom-like Menace
09-02-2006, 11:36 PM
There was plenty of room for four, so I assume either employees or an earlier bird got the other two. I suppose it's possible they didn't put them out, but I doubt it. I'm sure they'll be restocked right between paychecks.

Slicker
09-04-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm quite upset as I just went to my TRU and they didn't have this damn thing. I'm hopin' they just didn't pack it out yet but I'm sure they've been snatched up. The otheR Site has quite an active Virginia Beach sect so they probably got 'em. At least they went to good homes as those guys aren't your typical scummers.

Luuuuuuke
09-06-2006, 05:32 PM
I finally saw one of these in person today. Looks nice but I'm happy with the POTF one. Besides, 90 bucks sans tax is too steep.

stillakid
09-06-2006, 10:43 PM
I finally saw one of these in person today. Looks nice but I'm happy with the POTF one. Besides, 90 bucks sans tax is too steep.

Think of it as a $20 AT AT and each figure costs $35 each. :D

stad
09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Just an FYI - they come in cases of 4....

Are you sure about that? I thought they were in cases of two, since that's all my local store received. I'm pretty sure the old ones came in cases of two, but that was several years ago.

The X-Wing and I'm pretty sure the TIE come in cases of two.

pegger
09-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought they were in cases of two, since that's all my local store received. I'm pretty sure the old ones came in cases of two, but that was several years ago.

The X-Wing and I'm pretty sure the TIE come in cases of two.

The new X-Wing are in a case of 2...

I know a guy that works at TRU - I got there the same day the AT-ATs did - so he pulled a box off the truck - took it up front, and opened it for me...so I saw the contents.....4 per box.

Phantom-like Menace
09-08-2006, 12:03 AM
My TRU had at least twelve of these today. Of course I just dropped $242 in unexpected payments, so I had to walk out of TRU trying not to cry like an unhappy toddler. I had, however, ordered Astromech Set #1 from Entertainment Earth just prior to finding out about my approaching, temporary poverty, so I can enjoy those largely guilt free, right?

TheDarthVader
09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
HECK YEAH! I hope you can enjoy those droids! ;)

I don't have a TRU near me anymore since it closed in April. :( I want an At-At but the site is now sold out. Stupid *** scalpers! I hate those guys.

Phantom-like Menace
09-08-2006, 12:26 AM
HECK YEAH!

Sweet! That's all the permission I need.:thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
11-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Well, I have finally been able to purchase the Endor AT-AT. In fact, it was the very last one the store had. Further, it was only left behind because someone had stolen the scout that comes with it. No great loss as far as I'm concerned. I already have a half dozen scouts with no bikes, so I really wasn't worried about getting one more.

It's the first AT-AT I've owned since the toy came out in the early eighties, and the first thought I had was that I remember it being bigger. Only being familiar with the vintage version, it took me a while to figure out how to work the chin guns. I am a little annoyed with the Endor paint scheme since it limits it's use in other environments, but I'm okay with it. I'm just really happy to finally get the darned thing after so many months. I'm still looking to get a second eventually, though the driving need is gone, and it's more of a desire.

Jargo
11-21-2006, 05:46 PM
does it still wobble all over the place on unsteady legs and have a drooping cockpit?

I like the vehicle. I like the idea of a toy version but hate that it seems so flimsy. and that the insides are taken up by that electronics thingy. and surely, a small addition inside so you can 'pin' the neck in an upright perpendicular position would be better than mud stain paint apps?

I dunno, I reckon all these vintage based molds need some serious looking at. I just don't think they cut the mustard anymore.

Phantom-like Menace
11-22-2006, 12:30 AM
does it still wobble all over the place on unsteady legs and have a drooping cockpit?

I find they aren't as unstable as they look. It looks like it will tip at any moment, but it remains standing. The drooping head is a problem for those of us who display it, but it is meant to be supported by children through the handle in the body, so I don't fault that too much. It would be nice if, like you said, you could 'pin' it in place, though. My friend commented that I would have to get some Rebel troops on the ground in front of it, so it has a reason to be looking down.

and that the insides are taken up by that electronics thingy.

Oddly, that might be my biggest complaint about the new version. I liked having that big space for figures, and given the number of troops I have now, it is even more important.

Dark Marble
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
In the POTF 2 version the cpu in the AT-AT has the commanders voice in it and some walking sounds. What does the Endor version have in it???