PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 3

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 3 of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, June 16th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 2 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, vote for it again.

Also, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later edit it, add it to the list, and delete the question's post to keep the thread clutter-free. Try to keep the questions as clear and concise as possible. Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=77).

Questions and alternates we're asking this week:
What are the chances of seeing Vintage-Style figures for prequels characters?
Will there ever be the curved Cantina bar end piece, and if so, when will it be made available and what will it come with?
Why does Hasbro not want to discuss specifics in regards to possible upcoming products when Hasbro has no competition for making Star Wars action figures?
Will we see more new Vehicles such as the AT-TE, Cloud Car, V-wing, in the foreseeable future? Can you be specific as to which ones?

Will we ever get a Spirit of Anakin figure based on Hayden Christensen as seen in the Original Trilogy DVD release?

Many collectors are frustrated with exclusives which are often hard to find due to scalper draw, limited or uneven distribution, and exclusives to chains not available in certain areas. While understanding that exclusives are an important part of getting certain items released, as well as a tool for Hasbro's dealings with their retail partners, what can be done to remedy this ongoing problem so that collectors can feel like Hasbro cares about their interests and concerns?Current questions (vote for up to 3):
Could we get older creatures like the Bantha, Rancor, etc. re-released, and perhaps a US release of the Eopie Creature from the Episode I line which was only released in non-US countries?
Could we get a re-release the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
Will there be a 5th wave of Star Tours figures?
Are there any plans for any of the unmade Padme/Amidala figures from the prequels in the foreseeable future? If so, which ones?
Regarding the Toy Fare Fan's Choice poll figures, which figures won (or, when will the winners be officially announced) and whatis happening with them (are they designed yet, when will they be released)?
Fans always ask about more troop-builder cases, not special figures or special boxed sets, but cases of only regular basic troop-builder figures - what are the chances of seeing something like that?
Could troop builder figures be made available (indefinitely if possible) on Hasbro Toy Shop after they're taken out of regular circulation?
Will the 501st Clonetrooper using the Super Articulated body ever be made available on a basic card?
What are the chances of seeing some or all of the A New Hope holochess pieces as action figures?
What is the status of the Star Wars Transformers line, will there be more sets, and if so, when and what next?
Why did Hasbro suspend the 7" Unleashed line popular with fans and use the brand name for a line of Unleashed Battle Packs 2" micro-statues?
How does Hasbro cope with lines such as Unleashed Battle Packs, Star Wars Custom Choppers, etc., which fans believe from the outset won't work, and then the lines fail as suspected?
What is the status of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features?
What is the status of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
When will there be more new Galactic Heroes figure sets, and what will they be?
Will the Galactic Heroes line be getting any more new vehicles such as a TIE Fighter, an AT-AT, etc.?
What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line? (because this is a Playskool brand and not Hasbro, Hasbro's rep may not be able to answer this - JT)

What is the status of the Force Battlers line?
Will there be any more Star Wars entries into the Mr Potato-Head line? (again, because this is a Playskool brand and not Hasbro, Hasbro's rep may not be able to answer this - JT)
What are the chances of more popular or rare vehicles such as the TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Tatooine Skiff, etc., being re-released?
Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why?
Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
When should we start getting excited about toys for the new Star Wars TV show?
Will there be any new Star Wars Titanium Series 3" vehicle sculpts that have not already been prototyped? (i.e. AT-TE, Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter, etc.) What about Ep I Die Casts that were never released?
What is the future of the 6" Ultra Titanium Series line?
Are more properties aside from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and Transformers planned for the 3" vehicle and 6" Ultra Titanium lines?
Does Lucasfilm have the rights to the likeness for the Tonnika Sisters (ANH cantina patrons), and if so is there plans to create figures?
On the local level Hasbro gets only raw info on which items are selling at major retailers, but not specific trends such as what percentage are kids, collectors, hoarders, scalpers; nor why some figures sell poorly (is it a poor figure or the case ratio). Would Hasbro consider hiring collectors as area representatives for the Star Wars line?
Is there a possibility of bringing back the 3 3/4" Deluxe figure line?
Will there be more Original Trilogy based 3 3/4" figure battlepacks?
What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?
Why do you make some figures that have limited or even no limb articulation at all, like Commander Cody with no articulated ankles, or sometimes as extreme as no hip articulation?
During the Revenge of the Sith line, Hasbro released a few solid cases that had just 1 figure, the #41 Super Articulated Clone Trooper, and Darth Vader. Does Hasbro plan to do more 1-figure solid cases like this for troop builders, and if "no" why not?
With the recent announced conclusion of the 2006 The Saga Collection, does this also mean the end of the "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and/or a new packaging design for the 2007 series?
With each figure having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
Which version of the Jedi Starfighter will be offered in the Titanium Series Ultra 6" Vehicle line, the Episode 2 or Episode 3 version?
Why does Hasbro limit their Star Wars offerings in Europe, rather than selling the entire 3 3/4" line there?
What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
Will Hasbro be doing more 3-figure, movie-accurate diorama Cinema Scenes/Screen Scenes sets?
The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?
Any chance of getting a Nute Gunray with robes and miter from Episode 2 and 3?
Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections? Vote now, and in separate posts, add new questions!

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 07:11 PM
My votes:

6 - troop builder cases
10 - future of SWTFs
25 - new sculpts for Titaniums

Rogue II
06-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Is there a possibility of bringing back the Deluxe line?

Will there be more Original Trilogy based battlepacks?

Turbowars
06-09-2006, 07:24 PM
28!
I noticed that Hasbro was asked some of the same question from other sites. Seems like a lot of wasted questions to me.

Slicker
06-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm gonna vote for

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Is there a possibility of bringing back the Deluxe line?You mean for 3 3/4" figures, right?

Will there be more Original Trilogy based battlepacks?Do you mean Unleashed Battle Packs or 3 3/4" figure battlepacks?

Rogue II
06-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes, 3 3/4" figures all around.

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Questions 30-31 added.

Yes, 3 3/4" figures all around. Ok, thanks for clarifying. :) I've counted you as voting for 30 and 31, you have one more vote this week if you want.

Darth Jax
06-09-2006, 07:55 PM
q. 5
q. 12
q. 16

DarkArtist
06-09-2006, 07:56 PM
I like questions 1,4,and 5. However If I may, I would like to add

"What's the chances of continuing the Evolutions Line."

"What are the chances of having a Collector's Society where fans can buy perhaps figures, playsets and ships, that may not sell well in toys stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and multiple modular playsets."

"Will Hasbro ever have a promotion where fans can relive the glory days of Kenner and send in 4 proofs of purchase and recieve a figure by mail."

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Question 32 added.

Just to get this out of the way: please post questions in separate posts.

"What's the chances of continuing the Evolutions Line."That was answered today on ActionFigs.com.

"Will Hasbro ever have a promotion where fans can relive the glory days of Kenner and send in 4 proofs of purchase and recieve a figure by mail.""You mean like Lucas Stormtrooper?" :p That's what Hasbro would say, in a more diplomatic way.

2-1B
06-09-2006, 10:19 PM
11) Unleashed
12) Junk
21) Secrecy

*I would vote for the Galactic Heroes questions but I'm being cautious based on JT's analysis of the Playskool factor. :)

So did the H Christ Spirit question not make the cut? I noticed a few votes in the last thread but I didn't actually count...sorry if this leads to clutter, not my intention. :)

Droid
06-09-2006, 10:52 PM
5, 28, and 21

Droid
06-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks for doing this, JediTricks. It is a lot of work to review all our whining.

Banthaholic
06-09-2006, 11:11 PM
3. Star Tours (would be all three of my picks if could be), though if this one is asked refer them to this thread http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=474456#post474456 so that even if they just give a quick no, at least the powers that be might think and say, you know there might be some options.

dindae
06-10-2006, 11:22 AM
28 Does Lucasfilm have the rights to the likeness for the Tonnika Sisters (ANH cantina patrons), and if so is there plans to create figures?

30 Is there a possibility of bringing back the 3 3/4" Deluxe figure line?

32 What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?

Kidhuman
06-10-2006, 01:50 PM
6 - troop builders

25 - titaniums

28 Tonikka

Kidhuman
06-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Question - similar to the troope builder one, maybe add it to it.

You guys released full cases of SA 41 and Vader, any more plans to do this with styraight army builders again?

mark2d2
06-10-2006, 03:17 PM
My picks from your list.

Will there be a 5th wave of Star Tours figures?

28) Does Lucasfilm have the rights to the likeness for the Tonnika Sisters (ANH cantina patrons), and if so is there plans to create figures?

30) Is there a possibility of bringing back the 3 3/4" Deluxe figure line?

master J
06-10-2006, 03:24 PM
4 - padme figures
28 - tonnika sisters
32 - online exclusive vehicles

Which questions are being asked for next friday answers? Sorry if you posted it already, cant find it!

TheDarthVader
06-10-2006, 03:31 PM
12 failure
28 sistas
30 deluxe

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 03:59 PM
*I would vote for the Galactic Heroes questions but I'm being cautious based on JT's analysis of the Playskool factor. :)G.Heroes are not run by the Playskool division, they're based on the Playskool SW line but Hasbro turned it over to the regular Hasbro SW division when they started it under this new banner.

So did the H Christ Spirit question not make the cut? I noticed a few votes in the last thread but I didn't actually count...sorry if this leads to clutter, not my intention. :)Oops, sorry about that, it was among the questions we asked THIS week, that's why it's off the list. I forgot to post this week's asked questions because I wanted to get right to the voting.

Thanks for doing this, JediTricks. It is a lot of work to review all our whining.Sure thing, and thanks for voting, you have no idea how hard it was to come up with these questions before when it was all crazy willy-nilly like that. Now I can ask questions you guys most want to see.

3. Star Tours (would be all three of my picks if could be), though if this one is asked refer them to this thread http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...456#post474456 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=474456#post474456)so that even if they just give a quick no, at least the powers that be might think and say, you know there might be some options.For now, I'm just doing 1 vote per person per question, so you can't lay 3 votes down this week on #3 (though it does mean you have 2 more vote slots left, and if you come up with 2 more questions without voting they'll automatically get 1 vote).

I'm not comfortable pointing them to threads for "more info" at this point, if you could come up with a question that encompassed more of what you want to say for now, I'd be glad to change the current Star Tours question to accomodate.

You guys released full cases of SA 41 and Vader, any more plans to do this with styraight army builders again?I was under the impression the current "Army Builder Case" question encompassed multiple army builders in 1 case, not just a solid case of 41s or something - that being the understanding I have, adding a comment about a solid case of 41s & a case of Vaders might confuse matters. Is there a new question you want added there, and if so, could you clarify it a little better so it's different from the current Troop Builder Case question (i.e., are you asking for a solid case of Biker Scouts)?

Which questions are being asked for next friday answers? Sorry if you posted it already, cant find it!Refer to second paragraph of this reply ;) I didn't post it, but I'll add it to the opening post now.

Daryl VayDar
06-10-2006, 05:29 PM
I'll go with 5, 25, and 29- and ditto on the thanks for your efforts!

doch18
06-10-2006, 05:41 PM

Umbra
06-10-2006, 05:47 PM
4)
5)
24)

thanks for develeping a non-chaotic way of doing this ^_^

darthfloyd
06-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I have a q for you to ask the morons at hasbro, feel free to word it however you like.

Why do you insist on making subpar products that have no articulation in their legs whatsoever? I just got the Hunt for Grievous Battle pack and was upset enough with the lack of quality of their pauldrons and Hasbro's blatant disregard for the heavy gunner, where the only thing they got right was the helmet sculpt. But why do they think it's funny to give us figures that can't bend their knees OR ankles? Is it a joke to them that "Action figures" can't perform actions?

Why do I HAVE to custom figures only to fix their mistakes?
Again, phrase it however you want. I don't want to strain your relationship with hasbro, but maybe bring to their attention the fact that they need people working for them who give a rats behind about the quality of the product they put on shelves, because their people in charge obviously don't care about the collector or the fan.

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 07:14 PM
4)
5)
24)

thanks for develeping a non-chaotic way of doing this ^_^Sure thing, and I'm glad to see you folks think it's working as well as I feel it is.

However, don't thank me too much, question 24 that you just voted for was answered on another site (Hasbro said no news yet on when to expect TV figures) after I posted the question list here, so I'm striking it from the list. :p I compiled a list of answers from other sites, it's in there: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=77

Feel free to vote for something else if you wish.

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Question 33 added, question 24 stricken.

Why do you make some figures that have limited or even no limb articulation at all, like Commander Cody with no articulated ankles, or sometimes as extreme as no hip articulation?Floyd, is that the meat of what you were going for? That's how I interpreted what you said, if not LMK. For now, I've counted that as 1 of your votes.

Kidhuman
06-11-2006, 03:13 AM
You guys released full cases of SA 41 and Vader, any more plans to do this with styraight army builders again?

I was under the impression the current "Army Builder Case" question encompassed multiple army builders in 1 case, not just a solid case of 41s or something - that being the understanding I have, adding a comment about a solid case of 41s & a case of Vaders might confuse matters. Is there a new question you want added there, and if so, could you clarify it a little better so it's different from the current Troop Builder Case question (i.e., are you asking for a solid case of Biker Scouts)?

Exactly, any more plans to release straight cases of army builders such as scouts, stormies, clones etc.....

Sharpy
06-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Here are my questions:

1) With the recent announced conclusion of the 2006 saga wave does this also mean the end of the "exclusive hologram figure" concept, and a new packaging design for the 2007 series?

2) Was the "exclusive hologram figure" concept designed solely to sell more units to completists and varient hunters? EVERY basic figure has up to 6 packaging variations and thats even before the figure variations.

3) What was the thought process behind the change of colour of the "exclusive hologram figure" from blue to red for the new figures and the revision figures? Could it have anything to do with milking the completist collector for every last dollar they have and creating at least 18 packaging variations for a single figure (ie Boba Fett - 6 blue, 6 UGH, 6 red)?

Sharpy
06-11-2006, 06:11 AM
My edited votes are:

Umbra
06-11-2006, 08:05 PM
for my replacement vote, i suppose i'll try:

33)

JediTricks
06-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Questions 34-36 added.

In the future, when you add new questions, please do not number them, it makes them hard to discern from votes.

short4astormtrooper
06-11-2006, 09:17 PM
I specifically want to know which version of the Jedi starfighter will be offered up in the Ultra Titanium series line- AOTC or ROTS

Blackened88
06-11-2006, 10:43 PM
6 troop builder cases
8 501st in SA
20 TIE Bomber, Interceptor

JediTricks
06-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Question 37 added.

short4astormtrooper, I counted your first vote for your question, so you have 2 more votes available this week.

SoontirFel
06-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Why HASBRO does not sell the entire 3 inch 3/4 line in FRANCE and in Europ, generally speaking ?

Does HASBRO plan to relauch the Collector fleet serie based on the ROTS ships like Venator Class and The Invisible Hand ?

Will we ever get a Jabba figure based on the Deleted scene from ANH ?

JediTricks
06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
questions 38-40 added.

SoontirFel, I counted your new questions as your 3 votes.

Goodfella_7
06-13-2006, 03:08 AM
2, 22, 28.

Goodfella_7
06-13-2006, 03:20 AM
The multi-figure displays I own are Watto's Box and Jedi/Sith Showdown from Ep. 1, the Battle of Geonosis with Dooku (holding the Death Star plans) and Poggle the Lesser from Ep. II, the Mynock Hunt from Ep. IV, and the Final Duel from Ep. VI. Is Hasbro planning on doing any more? (Palpatine vs. Windu and the Jedi Masters, Anakin leading the 501st, Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku (Ep III), Vader, the Emperor, and Tarkin looking out at the Death Star, and Palpatine vs. Yoda on the Chancellor's podium sound like they would be some cool displays)

Is the Evolutions line going to continue? The Vader sculpt was the best one I have ever seen.

JediTricks
06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Question 41 added.

By the way, the current question leaders are:
#28 - Tonnika Sisters?
#5 - Fan's Choice Poll final winners?
#12 - How does Hasbro cope with obvious failures?

There's plenty of room and time for those vote counts to change, although the first 2 are frontrunners, none of the questions is so far ahead that it's uncatchable at this point, we're talking a difference of 4 or 5 votes separating first from fourth.

The multi-figure displays I own are Watto's Box and Jedi/Sith Showdown from Ep. 1, the Battle of Geonosis with Dooku (holding the Death Star plans) and Poggle the Lesser from Ep. II, the Mynock Hunt from Ep. IV, and the Final Duel from Ep. VI. Is Hasbro planning on doing any more? (Palpatine vs. Windu and the Jedi Masters, Anakin leading the 501st, Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku (Ep III), Vader, the Emperor, and Tarkin looking out at the Death Star, and Palpatine vs. Yoda on the Chancellor's podium sound like they would be some cool displays)You're referring to Cinema Scenes/Screen Scenes, but I'm not exactly sure how this would be different from their current line of Battle Packs, which is probably what they'll say when they answer. Any clarification to add to the question before someone votes for it?

Is the Evolutions line going to continue? The Vader sculpt was the best one I have ever seen.This was answered already: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=162

Darth Cruel
06-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Hasbro, will you please stop answering these questions with vague generalizations?

Droid
06-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Hasbro, will you please stop answering these questions with vague generalizations?

We know people have expressed interest in that. It is definitely something we are looking into. Our main focus is to do what is feasible so that the line can stay healthy in the years ahead. We definitely won't do that in 2006, but we aren't ruling it out for 2007.

Jango Speck
06-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I'll take: 4, 7, and 32 Alex.:D

Warstar
06-13-2006, 05:10 PM
This week I'll take:

Thanks and good luck! :)

Mad Slanted Powers
06-13-2006, 09:31 PM
1 - creatures
4 -Padme
28 -Tonnika

El Chuxter
06-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Tough choice, but I'm going for 4 (Padme) and 41 (Heater).

Could 41 be tweaked slightly to include other concept/deleted scene figures, or is that one set in stone as is? We've already got a few great figures already, and there are a ton more that could be made. (Cough, Heater, cough, McQuarrie Vader.)

And I'm about to add a new one. ;)

El Chuxter
06-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Although it would be too late at this point to plan something to coincide with the DVD releases last fall, any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the umpteen bazillion Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?

JediTricks
06-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Question 42 added.

(I've added your 3rd vote as #42 Chux)

Tough choice, but I'm going for 4 (Padme) and 41 (Heater).Good thing you put the names of the questions, you have the wrong number for the Heater question, it's #40, I've counted your vote for that.

Could 41 40 be tweaked slightly to include other concept/deleted scene figures, or is that one set in stone as is? We've already got a few great figures already, and there are a ton more that could be made. (Cough, Heater, cough, McQuarrie Vader.)The question already had a vote, so it's too late to change it. Maybe I'll add it on this Friday's new thread version, but I'm not sure I want to take a specific and generalize it by adding another. But please feel free to make a new question with McQuarrie Vader (& Chewie & R2 :D).

Viceroy Gunray
06-15-2006, 04:30 PM
My three choices are:

4.) Padme.
5.) Status of poll figure.
11.) Why lose the good unleashed figures?

Thanks!

Viceroy Gunray
06-15-2006, 07:00 PM
In the end, the only figure I REALLY want is Nute in his ROTS robes and Miter. It has a special spot saved in my Nute Gunray shrine!

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 03:19 AM
Question 43 added.

In the end, the only figure I REALLY want is Nute in his ROTS robes and Miter. It has a special spot saved in my Nute Gunray shrine!I added this one as a question, I remember him wearing the same new outfit in Eps 2 and 3 though so I put that. If I'm incorrect, please LMK and I will correct the question.

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Question 44 added.

master J
06-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Isnt there suppose to be more Q&A answers from hasbro today?

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Isnt there suppose to be more Q&A answers from hasbro today? Yes, later today. And we're sending in the questions in a moment.

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Well, that's it for the voting, thanks for stopping by. Once again, your votes have determined which questions we'll be asking Hasbro today. All questions posts have been undeleted now that thread clutter is no longer an issue. A new thread for voting on next week's questions will be up soon, and this week's Hasbro Q&A will be posted momentarily.