PDA

View Full Version : 3-D Moments You Can't Wait For

Slicker
06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
With the release of the movies in 3-D on the horizon I was thinkin' about which scenes are gonna look great (hopefully) on the big screen in all of there 3-D glory.

I thought of a few that I can't wait for and I'll put 'em in movie order to make it easier:

(I realize this covers all of the movies but since I like the OT I put it in this section :p)

TPM
-Explosion of the Radian VII
-Queens Starship escaping from Naboo (mainly the laser beams stabbing at the ship)
-The entire pod race
-The Coruscant skyline with traffic
-The Theed Generator Room
-Space battle
-Gungan ground battle

AOTC
-Royal starship blowing up on the platform
-Coruscant skyline with traffic again
-Speeder chase through Coruscant buildings
-Kamino cloning facilities
-Jango vs. Obers battle
-When the tusken raider comes at the screen attacking Anakin (this could be creepy as hell)
-Geonosis arena battle
-Geonosis ground battle

ROTS
-The entire beginning battle
-Kashyyyk land battle
-Utapau battle
-The zoom in on Grievous face when he tells Obi-Wan he's doomed
-Palps twirling towards the Jedi before he dices 'em up
-Adi Gallias speeder coming at the screen after she's shot down
-Anakin and the clones marching towards the camera in the temple
-The entire Anakin and Obi-Wan battle (can't think of specifics but with the lava and all it's gonna be good)

ANH
-Opening sequence with the Tantive IV and ISD coming right at the camera
-The escape pod coming at the camera
-When the tusken comes RIGHT in front of Luke's binoculars (again another creepy moment in 3-D)
-Hem Dazon poppin' into the screen
-Most of the cantina
-The Falcon lifting off from Docking Bay 94
-Dianoga eye
-TIE fight after leaving the DS (especially the in cockpit view from the TIE)
-The ships lifting off from Yavin IV
-The ships forming up in space heading towards the DS
-The entire end DS battle

ESB
-Probots being fired from the ISD
-The wampa coming up right in front of the camera
-The wampa coming at the camera in it's attempt to get Luke before he chops its arm off
-Star Destoryers assembling in space
-Walker battle (the one I wanna see is when the snowspeeder comes right at the cockpit of the AT-AT)
-Asteroid chase with all of the asteroids whizzing here and there it's gonna be wicked (Han diving to avoid the ISD's is gonna look great as well)
-The in cockpit view of Luke crashing on Dagobah
-Slave I flying at the camera after the Falcon hides in the garbage
-Luke falling down the shaft
-When the Falcon loops around that cloud to go back and get Luke

ROTJ
-Imperial shuttle flying at the camera in the opening sequence
-Rancor scenes
-Jabba's barge blowing up
-When the fleets assembling I wanna see where the Falcon is flying in and out of the ships and it swerves right at the camera then away
-When the ships realize the shields are still up and attempt to turn away
-Flying inside of the Death Star all of the turns and the shots looking from the front
-The Death Star blowing up

THE ONE I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE
-The wave after wave of TIE fighters coming at the Falcons cockpit

Obviously feel free to add some as I know for a fact that I missed alot (especially from that pig turd AOTC)

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 09:24 PM
The scenes that most come to mind for me are always the opening shots of ANH, the Falcon/TIE dogfight, and the SE Falcon blasting out of Mos Eisley.

Another good one not mentioned there would be Vader using the Force to huck boxes at Luke in ESB.

Oh, and the shot of the Falcon escaping the jaws of the space slug.

Any of the ROTJ Speederbike scenes.

jjreason
06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
The Rancor Keeper jiggling his way out of the screen toward the audience.

2-1B
06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Like I told JT last week: Jar Jar's eyestalks.

Rocketboy
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
TPM - Podrace
AOTC - Coruscant Chase (and Anakin's dive through traffic)
ROTS - Order 66
ANH - The opening shot/Death Star Battle
ESB - Asteroid Chase
ROTJ - As Slick said: "The wave after wave of TIE fighters coming at the Falcons cockpit" (Actually the whole DS2 battle.)

2-1B
06-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Yarna in all her six breasted glory.

Slicker
06-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Yarna in all her six breasted glory.Perv.:yes::whip:

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 04:28 PM
ROTJ - As Slick said: "The wave after wave of TIE fighters coming at the Falcons cockpit" (Actually the whole DS2 battle.)That's an interesting point which I think may be a sticky issue, in ROTJ they got a little lazy and there are times where some of the TIE Fighters and Interceptors in the movie pop in and out, the Falcon Cockpit scene has this. Granted, we're supposed to be distracted, but it's still noticable and in 3-D may be even more noticable.

Slicker
06-10-2006, 04:41 PM
That's an interesting point which I think may be a sticky issue, in ROTJ they got a little lazy and there are times where some of the TIE Fighters and Interceptors in the movie pop in and out, the Falcon Cockpit scene has this. Granted, we're supposed to be distracted, but it's still noticable and in 3-D may be even more noticable.Yeah, that is one thing that I always notice but with the sheer amount of TIE's it may have been nearly impossible to make them all gradually appear but with all of that action going on it does kinda get fudged over and you barely notice it.

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 05:01 PM
It's worse in the beginning of the movie when that trio of TIEs flying to the Death Star just wink out of existance all by themselves with nothing around them. :D

A funny f/x gaffe to watch for, during almost any transition wipe in the OT in a space shot with the Death Star or an Imperial Star Destroyer, the majority of stars and lights turn on a half second after the wipe. I wonder how the saga's classic wipe transitions will be handled in 3-D.

Lord Malakite
06-12-2006, 02:14 PM
The opening crawl. Not everyday you get 3-D effects going away from you rather than coming right at you.:D

dindae
06-14-2006, 04:20 PM
The moment Star Wars retakes the #1 spot in US Domestic gross!. F$#$%ng Titanic. :twisted:

Seriously all of the battle/chase scenes will be awesome. I just hope they do it right and not just half @ss. There are tons of scenes like the opening of ANH that are a must but even scenes like the Leia holo that would be cool if it was projected into the audience.

JediTricks
06-14-2006, 08:14 PM
There are tons of scenes like the opening of ANH that are a must but even scenes like the Leia holo that would be cool if it was projected into the audience.Hmm, I bet Holo Leia will be among the hardest elements to make 3-D, the effect uses see-through and scan-lines so the whole element will be variable-depth. I hope they figure out something good though.

2-1B
06-17-2006, 01:56 AM
JT, I took this pic for you to give you a little taste of how wicked this guy right here (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/caesarsinder/100_0188.jpg) would look in 3D....tell me you're not sold now ! lol

JimJamBonds
06-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Holy carp that is awesome!!!!

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 03:57 PM
JT, I took this pic for you to give you a little taste of how wicked this guy right here (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/caesarsinder/100_0188.jpg) would look in 3D....tell me you're not sold now ! lol
Banned! :p

2-1B
06-18-2006, 01:59 AM
I was going through my collection and labeling all of the storage totes as to their contents when I found my awesome Applause rubber Jar Jar puppet from 1999 (I picked it up on clearance at Media Play in October of that year) and I just had to take a pic for 2 reasons:

1) to get a distance type shot like that to goof on JT with
2) offer him up as the lead singer in Mabs' next musical project, you know with his arms flopping out like that he could almost be a frontman

lol

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Honestly, just admitting you own a Jar Jar handpuppet is embarassing enough. :p If you ever decide to burn him or use him for a fireworks display (tis the season after all), please post video - use at least 3 different cameras so we can switch between our favorite angles for melting and exploding fun.

Slicker
06-19-2006, 02:04 AM
I just like how there's a hairy arm going straight up Jar Jar's hoo ha.

darthvyn
06-20-2006, 10:07 AM
AOtC - slave 1/jedi starfighter dogfight in the asteroid belt around geonosis... that should look awesome - especially the seismic charges...

JON9000
06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
ANH- the Jump to Hyperspace!!!

ESB- Asteroid chase

ROTJ- The flight through the Death Star to the reactor core

TPM- podrace

AOTC- seismic charges

ROTS- the Opening scene

I wonder if the opening crawl will look any different?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2006, 07:32 PM
AOTC - Padmé in the fireplace scene. :eek:
ROTJ - Leia at Jabba's palace. :eek:

As Weird Al said on I Love The 80s 3D, "Hey Jabba, is that an ewok in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" :D