PDA

View Full Version : MR Studio Scale Enterprise (Star Trek TOS)

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Check it out, Master Replicas is doing a studio-scale replica of the TOS Enterprise! Check out those photos! At first I thought they were CGI because they looked so clean:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=29&p2_articleid=164

And it lights up, including the bussard collectors on the front of the nacelles, this is a nice replica. If I had the money and/or the 3' of space, I'd so totally get this!

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 03:46 PM
One thing I'd like to mention (to MR specifically, if they're reading this), I cannot afford these Studio Scale replicas nor do I have the space, but perhaps MR could offer 1/2-scale or 1/4-scale "Scaled Replicas" like their Star Wars weapons lines, I'd love to have a smaller version of a movie prop like this (it'd also make a replica of the movie Enterprise possible, since that prop was like 11' long).

BountyHunterScum
06-10-2006, 08:17 PM
One thing I'd like to mention (to MR specifically, if they're reading this), I cannot afford these Studio Scale replicas nor do I have the space, but perhaps MR could offer 1/2-scale or 1/4-scale "Scaled Replicas" like their Star Wars weapons lines, I'd love to have a smaller version of a movie prop like this (it'd also make a replica of the movie Enterprise possible, since that prop was like 11' long).

I would too, no way in hell can I afford $1000+ a pop. Nearly three feet long too. Come on MR make something smaller and affordable.

Jayspawn
06-10-2006, 10:33 PM
I just checked out the pictures and it looks BEAUTIFUL!

I'd love to get one.

Unfortunatly I already have 3 original Enterprise Statue/Replicas and all of them look fantastic! So I cant see spending $1500 on this new one.

JediTricks
06-11-2006, 08:46 PM
At only 1,250 pieces and studio prop-accuracy, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing sells out despite its late entry into the Trek collecting line even at $1,200.

Jayspawn
06-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I was just reading on the Master Replica's Commemorative Edition USS Enterprise which will be signed by 5 of the remaining Original Cast (Shatner, Nimoy, Nichols, Takei and Koenig). Only gonna run a hefty $1,999.

OUCH, but no dought its gonna be impressive.

JediTricks
06-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Wow, really? That's amazing, it's a hefty pricetag but for a Trekkie like me it'd be worth it on a piece like this.

Jayspawn
06-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Are you gonna got for it JT?

JediTricks
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
No, if i had $2k, I'd definitely have to spend it on business and responsible stuff. :(