PDA

View Full Version : 7" Unleashed will continue in the Fall, but....

Turbowars
06-11-2006, 02:34 AM
they will include re-releases and WalMart and Target will each get 2 Exclusive figures that will be packaged in a Tube like the Best Buy Vader. Not to happy about the Tube, but at least they will be back, but is sounds like for a short time.

Slicker
06-11-2006, 02:37 AM
It was inevitable that the re-releases would come about.

It's not that big of a deal though so long as the keep 'em interesting somehow.

Kidhuman
06-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Wonder what they will pack out for releases? I hope Maul and helmetless Vader. Also I do need the RTOS anakin to complete Obi-wan.

figrin bran
06-11-2006, 04:04 AM
here's the unofficial, unconfirmed list of upcoming unleashed:

Boba Fett - Greatest Hits
Darth Vader (Version 1) - Greatest Hits
General Grievous - Greatest Hits
Yoda / Emperor - Greatest Hits
Darth Maul (Version 2)
Greedo
Kit Fisto
R2-D2 w/ Battle Droids
Sandtrooper
Darth Vader (A New Hope)
Obi-Wan (A New Hope)
Luke Skywalker (New Hope Poster)
Princess Leia (New Hope Poster)

Turbowars
06-11-2006, 11:05 AM
That's crappy that

Darth Vader (A New Hope)
Obi-Wan (A New Hope)

will be exclusives.

There are some new ones on that list, so I hope they churn out.

Rocketboy
06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Some good ones in there like Greedo (They made IG-88 awesome, why not Greedo?), R2-D2 w/ Battle Droids, Sandtrooper, and Re-release Vader (hope I actually see one this time). The exclusives could be cool too.

Kit Fisto :rolleyes: Now there's a character I wish had never been created.

2-1B
06-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Why is that, Rock? :confused: Is it because you fear his Mighty Grin? :confused:

Slicker
06-11-2006, 02:23 PM
:pleased: No OnE sHoUlD fEaR tHe GrIn! :pleased:

El Chuxter
06-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Them's fighting words, RB. Don't you know who I am? I'm Kit Fisto, b****! I've had this Mighty GrinTM since I was in da fourth grade!!

Even if you don't like the character, you must admit that the idea of an Unleashed Kit, with tentacles whipping everywhere, a devil-may-care grin on his lips, and his Jedi tunic in shreds to reveal his Mighty PecsTM is damned cool.

TheDarthVader
06-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Why on earth are they making these widely popular figures exclusives? Can anyone tell me? It seems like folly to me and getting those exclusives is going to be a pain in the rear.

JimJamBonds
06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
That list doesn't do too much for me but I'll save my final thought when I see them (which I am happy about).

Rocketboy
06-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Why is that, Rock? :confused: Is it because you fear his Mighty Grin? :confused:The "HI YA!" girl was less annoying than that f***ing grin. Besides, "Men In Black" characters do not belong is Star Wars.

Them's fighting words, RB. Don't you know who I am? I'm Kit Fisto, b****! I've had this Mighty GrinTM since I was in da fourth grade!!Stop disgracing the Juggernaut with this rubbish.

Even if you don't like the character, you must admit that the idea of an Unleashed Kit, with tentacles whipping everywhere, a devil-may-care grin on his lips, and his Jedi tunic in shreds to reveal his Mighty PecsTM is damned cool.No. I'd rather have Beru Unleashed.

Kidhuman
06-11-2006, 11:54 PM
No. I'd rather have Beru Unleashed.

She'd make a damn good unleashed pouring that blue milk.

Rocketboy
06-12-2006, 12:05 AM
She'd make a damn good unleashed pouring that blue milk.And it would be better than Carp Fisto.

El Chuxter
06-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Rocketboy, you're dead to me.

Please clean out your desk. :mad:

JimJamBonds
06-12-2006, 12:54 PM
She'd make a damn good unleashed pouring that blue milk.

How about the PT Beru just standing there doing nothing and saying nothing. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
She could totally be holding baby Luke.

bobafrett
06-12-2006, 11:56 PM
She could totally be holding baby Luke.

She could be holding him up, with outstreached arms, like the Bamboon did with the infant lion Simba in the Lion King.

jaxx
06-14-2006, 12:37 AM
As far as I know..
Darth Maul (Version 2),Greedo, Kit Fisto, R2-D2 w/ Battle Droids, Sandtrooper,
Darth Vader (A New Hope), Obi-Wan (A New Hope), Luke Skywalker (New Hope Poster), Princess Leia (New Hope Poster)
will NOT be exclusives... just the "Greatest Hits" are scheduled to be exclusives.;)

OC47150
06-15-2006, 12:17 PM
I thought Maul was a greatest hits? Either way, I need him.

I hope Hasbro has enough sense to continue the line. A lot of great (and obvious!!) figures still need to be Unleashed!

figrin bran
06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
since no 3.75" CW animated figures seem to be in the works, how about a wave of CW animated unleashed?

perhaps Saesee Tinn in clone armor, Shaak Ti vs. Magnaguards, Captain Fordo?

hasbro has to be blind to not see how well GG and Acme's CW merchandise is doing and they could really steal some of the thunder out of GG's maquettes and maybe even win back some collectors?

BlueSnags
06-18-2006, 04:45 PM
since no 3.75" CW animated figures seem to be in the works, how about a wave of CW animated unleashed?

perhaps Saesee Tinn in clone armor, Shaak Ti vs. Magnaguards, Captain Fordo?

hasbro has to be blind to not see how well GG and Acme's CW merchandise is doing and they could really steal some of the thunder out of GG's maquettes and maybe even win back some collectors?

Man, that would be awesome. As long as they're not exclusives. I'm getting really sick of the whole "exclusive" chase thing in my old age...

jedi master sal
06-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Man, that would be awesome. As long as they're not exclusives. I'm getting really sick of the whole "exclusive" chase thing in my old age...

I hear ya. What with gas prices these days, I'm getting REAL sick of going to stores and not finding stuff. Add to that having to hunt down exclusives at particular stores and my patience runs real thin.

I know I'm going to be buying more things off the net as time goes on. Dollar for dollar about about 30% internet purchases to 70% retail. Since it's becoming more a point that in the long run even with additional charges for shipping that I can still save money versus going to stores, I'm buying more and more from e-tailers.

What does that say Hasbro?? Make it EASY to find stuff at retail!!! (Plus you won't KILL the line so quickly!!)

If retailers pull-out because they can't sell stuff, then ultimately this line is going to collapse in on itself. You HAVE to make it easier for us to find stuff. We HATE going to the secondary market for stuff. We hate having to scour our local municipalities only to come up short and wasted time and gas. Make it EASY Hasbro or not only will you lose your big box clients (Wal*Mart, Target, etc.) and we consumers, but you'll lose the SW line, which from all accounts is still one of your strongest line.

abell748
06-22-2006, 07:13 AM
I hope these are not released in the tube things. I have opened what Unleashed I have, save one... the Best Buy Vader. It looks so cool in the tube that I haven't brought myself to open it, nor will I. If they really want to re-release some of the older ones, how about the stormtrooper!!!!

jedi master sal
06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Cripes, I'll have to buy each one over again if they are in the tubes. I'm a completist with this line and am only missing the Unmasked Vader and first issue Leia.

Blue2th
06-22-2006, 09:39 PM
At least we'll get some new scupts out of the deal. I opened nearly all of my complete collection as most cards I found were damaged anyways. So it doesn't matter about the packaging to me. Though the last wave was a little sloppier on the paint apps from underpaid overworked Chinese labor.

Bossk77
06-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I am happy about the Fisto of Fury, and another shot at FINDING a Boba Fett Unleashed, but what is this Darth Maul version 2. I was under the impression that there was only one version to begin with... I have to admit that the first one could have been better....

jedi master sal
06-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Well, he was the first Unleashed and they were kind of experimenting with the line, so I'm cool with a redux.

Ooh, maybe a Robed version that could be coupled with an eventual Qui-gon?? That would be excellent.

Rocketboy
06-04-2007, 10:37 PM
So what the hell happened to these?

Turbowars
06-05-2007, 12:02 AM
So what the hell happened to these?Well, Hasbro didn't make enough interesting characters and many a few peg warmed. That's about it. So now if we get one, it's a repaint or a complete rehash in a GIGANTIC Tube. Hasbro pretty much killed the line themselves, but they blame it's failure on us.

OC47150
06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Well, Hasbro didn't make enough interesting characters and many a few peg warmed. That's about it. So now if we get one, it's a repaint or a complete rehash in a GIGANTIC Tube. Hasbro pretty much killed the line themselves, but they blame it's failure on us.

I couldn't agree more. The choices of characters were odd. And the tube is ridiculous.

Has anyone ordered the SW shop exclusive? Is anyone planning to? I'm thinking about it but $25?!? That's a little steep.

Kidhuman
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I will not buy anymore unless they make a Lando or a Qui-Gon. Those would be the only two that could spark my interest. Maybe an old man Ben too.

sith_killer_99
06-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Let's see, what would spark my interest....anything OT. Especially...

Sandtrooper
Snowtrooper
Scout Trooper
DS Trooper
DS Gunner
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver
Darth Vader without helmet (re-release)
Stormtrooper (re-release)
4-LOM
Dengar
Zuckuss
Royal Guard

I could go on, but what's the point in torturing myself. Hasbro jacked this line up when they shrunk them down to tiny little horrid looking hunks of plastic. What were they thinking?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BlueSnags
06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Well, Hasbro didn't make enough interesting characters and many a few peg warmed. That's about it. So now if we get one, it's a repaint or a complete rehash in a GIGANTIC Tube. Hasbro pretty much killed the line themselves, but they blame it's failure on us.

100% right on the money.

Rocketboy
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Oops, I didn't mean what happened to the 7 inch Unleashed line in general.
I meant to quote this post:

here's the unofficial, unconfirmed list of upcoming unleashed:

Boba Fett - Greatest Hits
Darth Vader (Version 1) - Greatest Hits
General Grievous - Greatest Hits
Yoda / Emperor - Greatest Hits
Darth Maul (Version 2)
Greedo
Kit Fisto
R2-D2 w/ Battle Droids
Sandtrooper
Darth Vader (A New Hope)
Obi-Wan (A New Hope)
What happened to these ones? Just rumors?

sjd9299
06-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I couldn't agree more. The choices of characters were odd. And the tube is ridiculous.

Has anyone ordered the SW shop exclusive? Is anyone planning to? I'm thinking about it but $25?!? That's a little steep.

I will buy one if only because my collection is only missing a white Stormtrooper and a white Clone Trooper. I am so close that I must buy it just to finally complete something.

If any one has a Stormie or white Clone let me know. Loose complete is prefered.

BountyHunterScum
06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I need the Unleashed Stormtrooper, I already have the Shadowtrooper.

timmae
09-20-2007, 10:40 PM
I need the Unleashed Stormtrooper, I already have the Shadowtrooper.
once the hasbro exec reads this, you'll get a dirty version, with re-moveable helmet and foil tubing. the base will be cheap, but what do you expect for like 40 bucks.:mad:

BountyHunterScum
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
once the hasbro exec reads this, you'll get a dirty version, with re-moveable helmet and foil tubing. the base will be cheap, but what do you expect for like 40 bucks.:mad:

Considering my collecting of Star Wars stuff has 99.9% stopped they won't get any money out of me.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Anymore 7" Unleashed coming our way?

I think around a year ago, Wally-Mart had the Darkshadow Storm Troopers along with a few rereleases, and that was the last I saw of this line.

Kidhuman
05-21-2008, 05:42 AM
Nope no more

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Nope no more

Them bastages.