PDA

View Full Version : UCS Poll

Jangu Fett
06-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Ok, last week a number of SW sites have posted link to the Offical site, for a UCS poll. Yes, we the fans get to decide what the next UCS set will be for next year. For those who have not seen the 4 model to chose from they are-
1) R2-D2
2) FX-6
3) Vulture Droid Starfighter
4) Electric AT-AT Walker

Gee, I wonder which will win???:rolleyes:

Already the AT-AT is the favorite. Not to me. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a Lego AT-AT that can walk, but. I'd like it to look better then that. ( I posted link at bottom ) IMO opinion the Vulture and FX-6 are the best looking set shown. And R2??? Didn't they do that already?

The system AT-AT looks more "real" then this "UCS" model. I thought UCS stood for "Ultimate Collector Series"??? What so ULtimate about this AT-AT, other then it walks????

And, if anyone is wondering I voted on the Vulture Droid. And yes it transforms into walker and fighter modes.

Here is that link-http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/lego/news20060606.html

JediTricks
06-11-2006, 10:27 PM
I totally agree, the AT-AT doesn't look that great, it better have accurate walking.

R2 was never released as a retail set, it was offered as a Target giveaway, you had to win it by guessing how many pieces were in it.

The Droid Starfighter looks ok, but I think the connection points are too bulky, the wings look too pieced-together, and the body too simplistic.

I was so surprised by how FX-6 looks, this droid has what, 20 seconds of screentime? But this model looks outstanding, detailed and complex and intricate. It's almost too bad that the droid isn't very obvious in ROTS because if it stood out better people would actually buy the model, it deserves to be made but as it is nobody will buy it.

Slicker
06-11-2006, 11:12 PM
I was so surprised by how FX-6 looks, this droid has what, 20 seconds of screentime? But this model looks outstanding, detailed and complex and intricate. It's almost too bad that the droid isn't very obvious in ROTS because if it stood out better people would actually buy the model, it deserves to be made but as it is nobody will buy it.Those were exactly my thoughts. The FX-6 looks great!

The AT-AT looks almost identical to the Mind Builders or whatever the hell those were called back in the day. It's a pathetic attempt and if it gets made I may have to unfortunately pass on it.

Jangu Fett
06-12-2006, 02:25 PM
As I said before, I'd rather see that custom UCS Radient VII, then any of these. Of course there would be no way I could afford that.

JediTricks
06-12-2006, 03:53 PM
There's another set I don't think many folks would be interested in buying, not that the guy's custom isn't great, but it's barely in the movie, it does NOTHING except get blown up, and there's nothing endearing about it.

Jangu Fett
06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
True, but I think that if Lego were to release a set identical to that model it would apeal to both UCS and System set collectors. I personally would like lego to do similar sets. Maybe not as grand as the custom Radient VII, but other ships with a number of different removable panels showing the inside or a ship. And also with mini-figures. Say, like the Naboo Royal Starship. Or even the Millennium Falcon, with only Han and Chewie.

JediTricks
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes, most definitely I'd like to see ships that are UCS-quality details but with removable panels showing interiors, and minifig-compliant.

BTW, it's "Radiant".

Jangu Fett
06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Oops, sorry...

I'd like to see either the Falcon or a Larger UCS version of Slave-1 ( Jango or Boba's )

JediTricks
06-13-2006, 04:58 PM
No prob.

Yeah, those would be great! Basically I guess we're talking about the LEGO equivalent of Code 3's vehicles. An AT-AT would be awesome as well.

Jangu Fett
06-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah it does sound like a lego version of Code 3. And a AT-AT would be great so long as it didn't look like that walking one, they are thinking of releasing.

I think Lego should do a large detailed model of some of the ships. With mini-figure, and removable panels. Scaled ( as best they can ) with the mini-figures. Heck, do special UCS sets, like that. Maybe one model for each movie.

LusiferSam
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
UCS :o :sleeping: I don't really care for these sets. To me they're just big dust catchers. That's not to say that most of them don't look good, but just don't do much for me.

Now if I had to pick one from that list I'd go with FX-6. The others don't strike me as all that great. FX-6 on the other hand really does look nice. Would I buy it? Most likely not.

Ji'dai
06-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I can't get excited about prequel sets. The AT-AT reminds me of 2000's 9754 Dark Side Developer Kit (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9754). I didn't bother to buy that one either.

Character busts don't really do much for me, I prefer vehicles to busts. FX-6 looks pretty good, though I'd be more likely to buy FX-7 instead.

I'd rather have a UCS Speeder Bike or Cloud Car. Luke's Landspeeder would be cool too.

Slicker
06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I can't get excited about prequel sets. The AT-AT reminds me of 2000's 9754 Dark Side Developer Kit (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9754). I didn't bother to buy that one either.
That's the one I was tryin' to think of!

That thing was horrendous. I've got the Light Side kit though because I got it for Christmas.

dindae
06-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I won't buy any of the choices. I don't like the Technic or large character/bust sets like FX-6. I mainly like the mini figs and ships. Although lately with all of the rehashes I'm loosing interest. I would much rather see them do a UCS A-wing, B-wing etc then these choices and not rehash them in the regular line.

Jangu Fett
06-16-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm not interested in the Techno line or the UCS. Like you, dindae, I'm more into the ships and mini-figs. However, if Lego does go and do a large detailed model of the Millennium Falcon. Simialr to the UCS, with removable panels to show the inside of the ship. And also with mini-figures? I'd definitely get it.