PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates leaves Microsoft

El Chuxter
06-15-2006, 05:04 PM
From the AP via Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060615/ap_on_bi_ge/microsoft_gates;_ylt=AtZRqel3cqaGNDb.Y51WmBms0NUE; _ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--):

Microsoft's Gates to leave daily role

REDMOND, Wash. - Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates announced Thursday that he will transition from day-to-day responsibilities at the company he co-founded to concentrate on the charitable work of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Gates will continue on as the company's chairman after transferring his duties over a two-year period.

"This was a hard decision for me," said Gates, who founded the world's largest software company with childhood friend Paul Allen. "I'm very lucky to have two passions that I feel are so important and so challenging. As I prepare for this change, I firmly believe the road ahead for Microsoft is as bright as ever."

Microsoft's Chief Technical Officer Ray Ozzie will immediately assume Gate's title as chief software architect and begin working side by side with Gates on overseeing all software technical design.

Chief Technical Officer Craig Mundie will immediately take the new title of chief research and strategy officer and will work with Gates in those areas. Mundie also will partner with general counsel Brad Smith to guide Microsoft's intellectual property and technology policy efforts.

If his motives are what he claims them to be, then I will have to think of him as slightly less of a subhuman douchebag. But I suspect he has more money than God and is going to focus on mind control devices, weather dominators, Infinity Gauntlets--you know, the typical supervillain schtick.

Jargo
06-15-2006, 05:14 PM
charity schmarity. it's all tax evasion. give away so much to charity every year and avoid being heavily taxed. He's not charitable he's a businessman. a hardnosed ruthless businessman. Don't be suckered Chux. Don't look into the windows...... Don't look into the windows...... don't look into the windows....... don't look into the windows..... Don't look into the windows......

Blue2th
06-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Wonder what ever happened to his satellite system he was dreaming up called Skynet (sound familliar?) Myself, I don't look into Windows either, I look into an Apple, from whom ruthless Mr. Bill stole some of his ideas. But hey, I do own an Xbox and it's ok.

Jargo
06-15-2006, 08:59 PM
exept that xbox uses linux to run it. hahaha. it's all madness.

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I understand that Gates is conferring with Lex Luthor and the Shredder, and they're planning a massive crossover event for next summer which will, of course, only have lasting ramifications for Spider-Man.

Slicker
06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Hmmm...maybe he's gonna concentrate on actually tryin' to spend all of that money and see if it can be done.

I like how he's basically quitting his job to start a new job where he gives money away. Quite ironic.

jjreason
06-16-2006, 04:38 PM
I can see the switch. It's got to be difficult concentrating hard enough on spending 0.0000000000034 % of all your rmoney each year.

Jargo
06-17-2006, 08:09 PM
wonder if he'll adopt me......?

Darth Mina
06-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Cut him some slack, even if it's for tax pourposes he does more for the less fortunate than most of us:yes: