PDA

View Full Version : No shorts, even on Tatooine?

stillakid
06-16-2006, 08:52 AM
With two suns shining down all day, nobody wears shorts?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-16-2006, 10:48 AM
YER KILLIN' ME LARRY! :yes: rofl

stillakid
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I was hoping for a cut scene of Cammie running around in some Daisy Dukes. Grwwllll! Purrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

figrin bran
06-16-2006, 10:54 AM
how about hammerhead's tunic that's cut off right above the knees?

how about vintage hammerhead's blue leotard?

stillakid
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM
how about hammerhead's tunic that's cut off right above the knees?

Who's lookin' at Hammerhead's legs, if you know what I mean? :lipsrsealed:

TheDarthVader
06-16-2006, 11:30 AM
I guess the suns would burn a lot of legs if everyone were running around in shorts. If it didn't burn those legs, I am sure it would terribly dry the skin out.

I don't want to start arguing with you, but those are my best reasons.

It would be funny to see Luke in shorts. He probably had skinny legs.

stillakid
06-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I guess the suns would burn a lot of legs if everyone were running around in shorts. If it didn't burn those legs, I am sure it would terribly dry the skin out.

No, you're probably right. Figure this...in ROTS, Owen and Beru couldn't have been more than 25 years old each. When we see Luke in ANH, he's somewhere around 19-ish or so. That puts Owen and Beru around 40. When's the last time you saw 40 year olds who look like their pushing 60?:ninja:

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Portable fan in your pocket cures the need for shorts.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
They wear short shorts.

JimJamBonds
06-16-2006, 12:17 PM
No, you're probably right. Figure this...in ROTS, Owen and Beru couldn't have been more than 25 years old each. When we see Luke in ANH, he's somewhere around 19-ish or so. That puts Owen and Beru around 40. When's the last time you saw 40 year olds who look like their pushing 60?:ninja:

Obi also forgot to use moisturiser as well.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 12:27 PM
I'd hate to see Luke running around the desert in a pair of nuthuggers.

You know, Jabba makes up for the lack of short pants by wearing NOTHING.
AT ALL. :eek:

mastermatt24
06-16-2006, 03:42 PM
And they would probably be really really white! :p

tagmac
06-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Definitely the sunburn factor. That's why no shorts, but loose-fitting clothes instead.

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
YER KILLIN' ME LARRY! :yes: roflWoo! Reference to Sit & Sleep commercials, can't go wrong there! :D

I guess the suns would burn a lot of legs if everyone were running around in shorts. If it didn't burn those legs, I am sure it would terribly dry the skin out.That was exactly what I was about to post.

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 08:56 PM
The only time you can go right with a Sit n Sleep reference is if, somehow, that annoying "FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!" guy winds up getting kicked by Chuck Norris.

mastermatt24
06-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Why does Irwin hate Larry? (Besides the fact hes fat and annoying? :p )

Jargo
06-16-2006, 09:25 PM
awful lot of radiation from two suns too. presumbly their cloth is radiation deflecting. but if luke was dried out by the suns then that explains the face job between anh and esb, face lift. botox. nip and tuck.in that edited sequence where 2-1B peels the bacta mask off, nah, that's a skin peel. bet he went to dagobah to get some of that mud really. face packs.
that force lightning from the emperor - electro-pulse muscle toning.

he's such a nancyboy is Luke. totally self absorbed.......

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 09:33 PM
I think its because of the sandworms nibbling on shins.

timmae
06-16-2006, 09:54 PM
the last time i looked at my ex wife.:D

Bel-Cam Jos
06-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Why does Irwin hate Larry? (Besides the fact hes fat and annoying? :p )Larry is a bad budgeter. He offers crazy deals without a care for the mental state of his accountant. Or, when they were younger, Larry cut off Irwin's limbs near a river of lava.

Larry: "It's over, Irwin. I have the high quality matresses."
[Irwin leaps over Larry, as Larry takes out his legs with his priceslasher]
Irwin: "Ahhhhh!"
Larry: "I loved you like a business partner!"
Irwin: "I hate you!"
[Larry picks up Irwin's calculator, and walks away]
Irwin: "Urr...!"

mastermatt24
06-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh.. Figures. :tired:

stillakid
06-17-2006, 12:45 AM
awful lot of radiation from two suns too. presumbly their cloth is radiation deflecting. but if luke was dried out by the suns then that explains the face job between anh and esb, face lift. botox. nip and tuck.in that edited sequence where 2-1B peels the bacta mask off, nah, that's a skin peel. bet he went to dagobah to get some of that mud really. face packs.
that force lightning from the emperor - electro-pulse muscle toning.

he's such a nancyboy is Luke. totally self absorbed.......

You made me wonder why they don't wear sunglasses either.... :cool: Damn bright out there all the time.

El Chuxter
06-17-2006, 01:05 AM
No one wears sunglasses on Tatooine. Except for Corey Hart. And he only wears them at night.

JimJamBonds
06-17-2006, 10:31 AM
No one wears sunglasses on Tatooine. Except for Corey Hart. And he only wears them at night.

And that doesn't happen because Corey is busy playing with the Brewers.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=430611

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I've always wondered why Obi-Wan, after moving to Tatooine, opted to change from the short tunic to the long one. It looks really freakin' heavy, and insanely hot. Add the cloak to it and I don't know how you'd be able to survive.

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Obi-Wan uses the Force to stay cool.

Luke has a hat to deal with the sun, it is floppy, like Gilligan's hat, but has goggles.

stillakid
06-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Old Ben must smell pretty rancid. :Ponder:

Slicker
06-17-2006, 04:08 PM
You notice that over in the middle eastern countries that they too wear long flowing robes. Wearing more can actually be cooling. It doesn't expose your skin to direct sun.

Also you can keep a little cooling fan under the robes.:yes:

stillakid
06-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Also you can keep a little cooling fan under the robes.:yes:

and a concubine. :love:

2-1B
06-18-2006, 12:49 AM
I've always wondered why Obi-Wan, after moving to Tatooine, opted to change from the short tunic to the long one. It looks really freakin' heavy, and insanely hot.

You just answered the question, he wears it because it's "insanely hot." :D

The ladies love it. lol

TheDarthVader
06-18-2006, 10:38 PM
and a concubine. :love:

and a cucumber :love:

stillakid
06-18-2006, 10:41 PM

If you need a cucumber down there, you're going to let down the concubine. :sad:

Rogue II
06-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I actually have heard of a guy wearing shorts while hiking in the desert. He was also going commando. Over the day, the sun reflected off the sand and his junk got sun-burned. Now, if that ain't reason enough not to wear shorts (and underwear) in the desert, then I don't know what to tell you.

Slicker
06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I actually have heard of a guy wearing shorts while hiking in the desert. He was also going commando. Over the day, the sun reflected off the sand and his junk got sun-burned. Now, if that ain't reason enough not to wear shorts (and underwear) in the desert, then I don't know what to tell you.That could be why they wear long sleeves and pants and whatnot. The sun reflecting off the sand has to be EXTREMELY hot and it probably is bright as hell (which could be an argument in the "glasses" thread).

JimJamBonds
06-19-2006, 03:26 PM

Sounds like something out of Spinal Tap. :D

Jargo
06-19-2006, 05:57 PM
I think it's funny when people go out in the sun with vaguely tinted sunnies on. women mostly. and then they spend the whole time shielding their eyes with a hand and screwing up their eyes.

I prefer lenses of obsidion black and more goggle like than simple shades. and yet on tatooine they don't seem to have grasped the concept of optical burnout.

and why are there so many fish related species wandering round on tatooine without so much as a moisturiser misting device between them? are they really bathing in the basement Gorg hatcheries and moisture storage tanks? That's a disgusting thought.

basschick
06-27-2006, 06:26 AM
are you saying they didn't have sunblock a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?