PDA

View Full Version : I watched The Big Lebowski for the 5th straight day (the highly rewatchable movies th

2-1B
06-16-2006, 01:02 PM
(the "highly rewatchable movies" thread) !

Yeah, so I have a good number of favorite movies (including the saga for which SirSteve started this Guide ;) ) but in terms of sheer rewatchability and quotability, as far as I'm concerned The Big Lebowski is KING. :grin:

I pulled this off last week. 5 times in 5 days is pretty amazing, I think my previous record was 3 ? :confused: Either way, 5 is pretty significant so it prompted this thread.

Other movies I can watch over and over and over again in a short period of time and not get sick of watching:

This is Spinal Tap
Anchorman The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Best in Show

I'm trying to think of a 5th one to round out a starting 5 but I'm blanking....well, I guess LolliLove could fill in for now since I watched that 3 times in the last month, and I guess Revenge of the Sith is another current player since I watched it probably 8 times on HBO the last two weeks (not all the way through, just here and there whenever I find it while browsing). As much as I love Star Wars I can't watch any of the 6 every week as a standard practice (theatrical over-indulgence being the exception :D ).

The Big Lebowski though, that's a movie I could watch once a week every week for the rest of my life and never grow tired of. In fact, I started this thread to celebrate my 5 in 5 but since then I've watched it another 2 times already. lol lol lol

What, if any, are your "highly rewatchable movies" ?

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 01:54 PM
I could watch the LOTR trilogy over and over, as a matter of fact I have. Superman 2 is another one of these movies.

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Definitely Mystery Men, The Princess Bride, and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Ji'dai
06-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I watch very little TV so I'll stick some movie in and let it play in the background. Lately I've been watching Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Pirates of the Caribbean, and For A Few Dollars More over and over.

UKWildcat
06-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Good choice on Lebowski Caesar. I used to watch that one over and over but I haven't seen it in a little while now. Highly quotable, may be time to revisit.

-"What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski?". . . . . .

-"Sure. That and a pair of testicles."

There are too many good quotes from that movie, too many. lol

I used to watch Happy Gilmore and Austin Powers: Int'l Man of Mystery over and over again but that was many years ago. Both of those movies were definitely quotable and rewatchable but more so when they were first released. Now they are alright, still funny movies, but haven't held up as much as my next pick.

Pulp Fiction! I will often watch Pulp Fiction for several days straight and this has been going on for years and years. Pulp Fiction is another highly quotable film that has tons of rewatchability and is easily one of my favorites. This one should rank high up there on Caesars list, along with The Big Lebowski. :thumbsup:

We going to put together some sort of list Caesar, maybe get some voting involved? eh? ;) :D

jjreason
06-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Bull Durham, The Lion King, The Matrix, Bladerunner, and Reservoir Dogs I will never get tired of. I'm sure there are more (I know I have more DVDs that that!!!), but I'll stick to ones that haven't been mentioned.

Rocketboy
06-16-2006, 05:01 PM
When I was a kid I watched Spaceballs over 100 times, probably close to 150 (maybe more), but I stopped counting. One summer, I watched it damn near everyday.

While I love watching movies, I don't think there is a single movie I could watch over and over and over anymore.

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Hell the other day I watched ROTS 4 times. Gotta love West Coast feeds of HBO.

Slicker
06-16-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm gonna go with Waiting and Napoleon Dynamite.

When I first watched ND I watched it 4 times in a row. Back to back.

UKWildcat
06-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Good call on Napoleon Dynamite Slick. I haven't watched it 4 times back to back, but I've watched it a lot.

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Usually the war/history movies are ones I can watch over and over in a short period of time...among them the one I watch the most is The Alamo (2004 version). I have it on dvd but it gets alot of airtime on the encore western movie channel. Don't know what it is about the film, I just can't get enough of it.
Others are Saving Private Ryan (beginning d-day sequence especially), Enemy at The Gates, Full Metal Jacket, and Braveheart.

If I had to go outside the war genre of movies I would definately go with the first two Superman films, Empire Strikes Back, the Matrix, Kill Bill vol 1, Pulp Fiction, Rudy, and Friday Night Lights.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Hell the other day I watched ROTS 4 times. Gotta love West Coast feeds of HBO.

Worrrrrrrd ! I'm West Coast feedin' it right now while I take a break from my Office marathon to type out a few posts. :thumbsup: Plus I caught the end of the East Coast earlier tonight when I got home...not to mention part of it this morning before I left. :)

I have agreeances with some of the movies listed here as well as some disputes, I'll go into detail later. :laugh:

JimJamBonds
06-17-2006, 12:11 AM
I watched the 40 Year Old Virgin a number of days in a row when it came out but I only watch it every once in awhile now. I could watch Deadwood damn near everyday but its a show and not a movie so I guess that doesn't count. :D

DarthQuack
06-17-2006, 12:21 AM
The 'burbs and Clerks make my list for movies I could watch any time of the day, and throw in Dazed and Confused and Revenge of the Nerds for good measure.