PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Marine in Early 2007!

Battle Droid
06-16-2006, 10:02 PM
BOOYAH!

http://www.yakface.com/yakshasbroqna.php

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Wow, they release news like that but answer somehting differently when we asked them why they hold info.

Luuuuuuke
06-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Great news. I think that's the last major group of clones that hasn't been released, right?(I'm not counting the Kashyyk scouts because technically those were released).

figrin bran
06-17-2006, 12:29 AM
hurray! more figures to army build!!! Sal and Tycho, how many do you plan to get?

Banthaholic
06-17-2006, 12:40 AM
I want this figure, actually I want about 10 of them. This is awesome news! While initially I want this one individually carded, in time might make for one tight battlepack

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2006, 11:13 AM
This is good news indeed. Hopefully this clown won't win the ToyFare poll. :D

jjreason
06-17-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm down for my usual 4 of Clone variations I like. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 03:10 PM
So, what does this guy look like then?

El Chuxter
06-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh, boy. They're just going to slap some red paint on the Saga Snowtrooper. I hate to be a downer, but everyone knows that as well as I do.

Slicker
06-17-2006, 03:42 PM
This is literally the ONLY clone from the movie that I have wanted. Mainly because of what Chux just said. It's a snowtrooper (the most awesomest of the OT troopers) and it's painted red (my favorite color).

I still hate clones but this one looks better than ALL of the others.

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 04:01 PM
OH! Them. I thought those guys had different helmets. I hope they don't use the Saga snowtrooper body, it's awful.

Slicker
06-17-2006, 04:07 PM
The helmet is slightly different.

The one really main difference is around the eyes. The snowtrooper has a ridge around them almost as if they're goggles whereas the marine has the lenses almost blended in.

Galactic marine (http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/f/fc/200px-Galactic_marine.jpg)

Snowtrooper (http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/snowtrooper/images/intro_snowtstanding.jpg)

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Ah yes, I remember seeing that guy now. He'd make a cool figure. His armor is more different from the Snowtrooper than believed, compare the arms and legs in those photos.

Reefer Shark
06-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, after seeing those pics, there are a lot of differences between the two. I really don't thnk Hasbro will be able to get away with just a repainted snowtrooper (although I still won't put it past them).

Warstar
06-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I wonder if these Marines will look the soldier in my Avatar? :D

I'm stoked though- Ep 3 Clones ROCK! Even if they are rainbow colored now...(Darn Mace troops...)

Kidhuman
06-18-2006, 03:37 AM
I will be at WM nightly looking for this asst.

DarkArtist
06-18-2006, 09:05 PM
I would love to see this figure. If this is true, and I will wait till 2007 to be sure, I'd get about 5 or so.

figrin bran
06-18-2006, 09:20 PM

and you are going to pick up 4 of them and send them to me :D :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
06-18-2006, 11:30 PM
and you are going to pick up 4 of them and send them to me :D :thumbsup:

Right after I have my 4dozen

jedi master sal
06-20-2006, 02:09 PM
hurray! more figures to army build!!! Sal and Tycho, how many do you plan to get?

I'll get between 20-40. Lower if the articulation isn't good. Higher if it's SA or close to SA.

I'm not going as crazy for these as I did Utapau clones. I build armies based on how many you see in the movies. We saw tons of Utapau troopers, so I bought alot of them. We didn't see as many Galactic Marines, hence not so many. Besides taking account of OUR real military, there are by no means anywhere near the amount of Marines compared to regular Army. So my building them in these numbers holds true to this.

-Sal

Warstar
06-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I just want one of each, painted decently, opened, thanks :D (Maybe two if they come with the pistol and rifle accessories :p)

master J
06-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Sign me up for at least 5! Now if they could pump out some Kashyyk BARC troopers that actually move!!!

Dominic Guglieme
06-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Slicker, why do you hate clones?

Anyway, I like the GMs. But, the fact their officer (toywise) is terrible will be a deterrent.

jedi master sal
06-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Slicker, why do you hate clones?

Anyway, I like the GMs. But, the fact their officer (toywise) is terrible will be a deterrent.

Bacara is an easy custom though. Switch helmets with either a #6 or #41 (I forget which one works better). Switch the belts/kama. Move the shoulder armor/strap to the new body and BAM you've got an SA Bacara. Only takes one other figre to make this and NO painting or sculpting. Easy as pie!

So no excuses...heh heh.

figrin bran
06-21-2006, 11:18 AM
actually sal, the #6 won't really work because the belt is molded to the figure and so bacara's skirt won't fit onto it. and with the #41, you have to slice into the belt to take it off and then you can fit on the skirt.

jedi master sal
06-21-2006, 03:12 PM
actually sal, the #6 won't really work because the belt is molded to the figure and so bacara's skirt won't fit onto it. and with the #41, you have to slice into the belt to take it off and then you can fit on the skirt.

Okay so there is "Some assembly required" but not too much that it should be a pain for even the novice customizer.

I still have yet to do it. Not because I can't, but because I've been lazy with customizing lately. (Get me that ELO F_B, PLEASE and I'll get crackin' on the customs.)

-Sal

Devo
06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Hopefully Hasbro will have the decency to A) make it an all new figure and B) disregard it from the fans choice poll. If you ask me this proves that clones don't need to be voted for in fans choice polls. Hasbro actually want to make them. With Fans choice we should force their hands into making figures they otherwise are reluctant to do.

Dominic Guglieme
06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
I was aware of how easy this would be to customize. But, I really should not have to.

I likely will though. I just need to pick up a Bacarra figure.

TheDarthVader
06-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I am wishful thinking, but it would be really nice if these have removeable helmets and super articulation! I am going to have to get a few of these because I love snowtroopers.

Slicker
06-22-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm wishful thinking by hoping that it has the POTF2 6 POA just to pi55 people off so they can have an honest reason to "complain" about it not being SA. That would be great!!!

Warstar
06-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm wishful thinking by hoping that it has the POTF2 6 POA just to pi55 people off so they can have an honest reason to "complain" about it not being SA. That would be great!!!

I'm amused by this for some reason :D

Maybe because I still own a dozen of the old Snowtroopers loose X-D

...I liked 'em :p

figrin bran
06-24-2006, 01:30 AM
I was aware of how easy this would be to customize. But, I really should not have to.

I likely will though. I just need to pick up a Bacarra figure.

but it's fun to customize!!! who knows, you might enjoy it so much that you'll take it up as another hobby like i did. i started out repainting ROTS clones and now i've done all sorts of alien jedi customs.

Jayspawn
06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm excited about the prospect of Galactic Marines. I'd buy 7-8 of those guys so Commander Bacara can finally have some troops.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-15-2006, 05:56 PM
to reflect the american army:

NEW!

NEW GALACTIC MARINE RECRUITMENT CENTER PLAYSET! ALSO INCLUEDED ARE SIGNS, BEARING MESSAGES LIKE "ARMY OF 1, AND IF YOU JOIN WE CAN CHANGE THE SIGN", AND "THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE GALACTIC MARINES!" COMEING SOON, STORM TROOPER RECRUITMENT CENTER PLAYSET WITH 4 PACK INS. 2 STORMTROOPERS AND 2 SICENTISTS. 1 TROOPER SAYS "I CAN BARELY MOVE IN THIS ARMOUR" THE OTHER SAYS " THEY WOULDN'T HAVE US WEARING THIS IF IT WOSN'T FOR OUR OWN PROTECTION", WHILE IN ANOTHER PART OF THE PLAYSET THE SCIENTESTS ARE LOOKING AT A STOORMTROOPER BOODY PLATE WITH A BLASTER HOLE THROUGH IN IT, WHILE 1 SAYS "YOU TELL LORD VADER IT DOSN'T WORK."

Oh, And I Need A Bacara To Lead My Troopers So Do Any Of You Have 1? Ill Pay For Shipping And F_b, I Migght Just Do Hat Custom If U Still Are Willing To Send Me That Sa, Possibly With That Bacara