PDA

View Full Version : Ep III Saga Gift Pack- Silver R2. Thoughts?

Warstar
06-17-2006, 07:05 PM
I think the R2 looks kinda' cool, and that Shocktrooper appears to be an SA 41 (like in the Senate Pack). I think I'll pass (unless the Shocktrooper is a different mold...), though I am sure I'll see Silver R2's on Ebay :p

jjreason
06-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Pass. I have the power, and I have the will to skip this set.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......... :D

Devo
06-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Well, I don't see the point in these silver figures. I certainly wouldn't buy it on account of a silver R2, only if I happened to need spares of the particular figures included in this set.

Jargo
06-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I think the silver R2 looks cheap even though it's a superior sculpt to the chrome one.however a plain astromech does provide plenty of scope for customisers. the reat of the set aint worth anything. so really it's a dud in my eyes.

El Chuxter
06-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Would someone kindly call up Hasbro and ask them to hire a proofreader? Or, better yet, one of SSG's question for next week could be: "Do you realize the correct and preferable spelling is 'collectible,' and 'collectable' is a common-usage b*****dization of dubious origin, believed to have been originated by Beanie Baby scalpers in the 1990s?"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Dunno . . . if this is priced right, I may pick it up. More shocktroopers are always cool (even though this is the #6 Quick-Draw one). I got the blue eyes version of that Anakin, so I might be interested in getting the red eyes version. I may be able to find some use for Vader, Grievous, and Obi-Wan, and a loose, new silver R2 would double well as a random chrome astromech droid. So, it's a big "maybe" at this point.

TheDarthVader
06-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Are all of those other figures (besides R2) re-releases? Or is that a new Anakin, Vader, and Grievous? Looks to be the same ones we have...any comments?

Kidhuman
06-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Pice o carp

abell748
06-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Thank you Hasbro for saving me money!!!! How many times do we need a Vader or R2 in silver form? I like my chromed versions better and like the KB pack from last year, this one will not clutter up my collection. How about a pack like this but with...gasp... different clones or the clone commanders something that people might actually buy. I would crack a pack like that open. This set is just another item for scalpers to horde and then return to the store when they can't sell them for x2 retail.

Luuuuuuke
06-18-2006, 01:52 PM
I can pass on sets like this with extreme easy because I'm an opener.

2-1B
06-18-2006, 04:33 PM
"Whatta piece o' junk!"

Warstar
06-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Dunno . . . if this is priced right, I may pick it up. More shocktroopers are always cool (even though this is the #6 Quick-Draw one). I got the blue eyes version of that Anakin, so I might be interested in getting the red eyes version. I may be able to find some use for Vader, Grievous, and Obi-Wan, and a loose, new silver R2 would double well as a random chrome astromech droid. So, it's a big "maybe" at this point.

Are you sure the Shock is a #6? Looking at the chest plate of it, it looks like a SA 41- like in the Skirmish in the Senate set?

Yay random chrome R2 :-P

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 12:45 AM
It's definitely the #6 body, the #6 has the correct shape of armor above the stomach, the #41 has the rounded stomach because of its articulation.

Turbowars
06-19-2006, 01:01 AM
It's a great pack for a kid. My little cousin would like it. Too bad they didn't vac metal R2, I might had bought it, I'll pass.

Darth Mina
06-19-2006, 01:12 AM
PASS!!!!:squareeye

dindae
06-19-2006, 09:01 AM
There is something about that blue eye. I know I should pass. There are three figures I have absiluetly no use for but the eye. :crazed:

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Ooh, they left the light-piping in! Let's give them the nobel prize!

:p

Banthaholic
06-19-2006, 07:49 PM
As a non-opener this looks like a decent display piece. I like the inclusion of the silverish-R2. These figures work best for displaying so window treatment is always nice. Could you imagine if they released a 6 pack of silver figures and but them in a non-display box, that'd be funny.

It also might be nice for kids as well. Plus it gets another Shocktrooper out to the masses which will hopefully make ROTS shocktrooper less scalpable.

I'm hoping this will end up at KB, since they haven't had any exclussives this year yet and it's similar in makeup to the ROTS collector pack.

Luuuuuuke
06-20-2006, 12:38 AM
It's it funny how it's always the stuff we don't really want that's "nice for kids"?:D

Actually, with the exception of the shocktrooper, kids who collect Star Wars probably already have the other figures. And I'm not sure little kids are really into gimmicks like silver colored figures. Adults are the suckers for gimmicks. So I don't think this set will be especially appealing to children.

Warstar
06-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, since the Shock Clone is a #6, I wonder if it will be the shoulder-pad optioned one or a repaint of the Clone #6 mold used for the Jedi Temple Assault pack (that cannot have a shoulder insignia pad)?

(If it's the latter, then, DANG IT- I have to get one since it's different...:( )

Luuuuuuke
06-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Well, since the Shock Clone is a #6, I wonder if it will be the shoulder-pad optioned one or a repaint of the Clone #6 mold used for the Jedi Temple Assault pack (that cannot have a shoulder insignia pad)?

(If it's the latter, then, DANG IT- I have to get one since it's different...:( )

Didn't the #6 shocktrooper come with an extra shoulder pad without the insignia?

JediTricks
06-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Didn't the #6 shocktrooper come with an extra shoulder pad without the insignia?
It did, and the multipack one WS mentioned didn't come with it, instead his shoulder armor was glued into place. My guess is that'll be the case here as well.

timmae
06-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Pass. I have the power, and I have the will to skip this set.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......... :D

easy skip. they could have used the exclusive chrome r2(my favorite...top 5 of all times)i like the shocktrooper, but already got a few. definately do not need the others. doubt i'd buy one on clearance either.

Luuuuuuke
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
It did, and the multipack one WS mentioned didn't come with it, instead his shoulder armor was glued into place. My guess is that'll be the case here as well.

Ah, okay. I was focusing on the insignia versus non-insignia shoulder armor whereas the diference WS was referring to was whether it was glued on or not.

Either way I'm passing on this because I'm not really a MOC collector.

Warstar
06-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Never looked at my Jedi Temple Assault 501's that closely...(Levi's 501 Blues Clones...O_o...I wonder...anyway) Didn't notice that the pad is there glued in place before.

INteresting.

Anyway, I'll have to snag one for the difference- then I'll have 3 uniquely molded Shock Troopers (#6 Repaint, SA #41 Repaint and a #6 Repaint with perma-plate on the shoulder).

...being a psuedo-loose completist is fun :p

I'm still tempted to make a clean SA 41 like that one guy did in the Customizing forum...not sure if I want to go down that road though because if I do, I probably won't stop!

Dominic Guglieme
06-22-2006, 04:41 PM
What is the price point on this set? The blank Astromech is intriguing.

JediTricks
06-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Awesome! :D Dom just totally snaked all of us who were bagging on the silver R2 by poitning out that it's essentially a blank astromech, thus customizers could put whatever colors they want on that primer-gray droid. :thumbsup:

My guess is the price point will be between $20 and $30.

Warstar
06-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Heh- metallic R2's roaming around...get some transparent "clear" color paint and go to town :D