PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Kit Fisto

Darth Cruel
06-17-2006, 09:02 PM
OK, in anticipation of being the very first person on Earth to recieve my Sideshow Kit Fisto (it almost seems as though I was the first on Earth to get Anakin), I am starting this thread to make sure that I or whomever gets it first leaves the review in the correct place. I have my little photo studio set up (including removing the candlestick, although I may light it and leave it in if it looks cool) and I am just waiting on Sideshow.

Edit - This thread will be null and void if we are able to do reviews in the dedicated review section.

plasticfetish
06-17-2006, 11:29 PM
This thread will be null and void if we are able to do reviews in the dedicated review section.No worries... we still need somewhere to talk about this stuff.

So, when is this figure supposed to ship anyway? I didn't order this one, but I'm interested to see what people think.

Darth Cruel
06-17-2006, 11:37 PM
The last I heard...it was supposed to be moved into Obi-Wan's place. So I expect to have it before Comic-Con.

Turbowars
06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Before Comic con? I don't see that happening. Vader will be coming and I don't think there will be 2 figures shipping in the same month. But who knows.

plasticfetish
06-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I don't know about this.
The wait list is still open... the Web site says "is estimated to ship July 2006" still, but I'm kind of wondering if they'll really get this one out before Comic-Con also. (Doubt it.)

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Before Comic con? I don't see that happening. Vader will be coming and I don't think there will be 2 figures shipping in the same month. But who knows.

Yeah, I don't know about this.
The wait list is still open... the Web site says "is estimated to ship July 2006" still, but I'm kind of wondering if they'll really get this one out before Comic-Con also. (Doubt it.)

(COUGH)toljaso(COUGH)

plasticfetish
07-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Hah!

Okay... be ready to do a review then. ;)

Turbowars
07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
(COUGH)toljaso(COUGH)You jerk. :p

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 08:52 PM
LOL - I was just clearing my throat! (But I WILL be ready to review).

Man! I love these Sideshow figures!

Turbowars
07-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Fedex e-mailed me that Kit will be in my hands tomorrow.

Is it just me, or are some of you almost board with SS choices so far. Don't get me wrong, I love most of them, but some are just a bore. I'm thinking about canceling Mace. Why, well I never liked mace in the films and the likeness isn't there. Honestly Jedi are boring. Han isn't that great either and kind of think about it Luke is lacking. Anakin is awesome though. I think what I need is some troopers, aliens and bad guys. I can't wait for Maul. Heck he's the only I really do want.

Maybe they shouldn't presell them so far in advance. Kind of takes the fun out of them.

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 09:12 PM
HELL NO! I'm not bored with them in any way! But I am in agreement with you as far as that I would not mind getting away from Jedi for a spell...I can't wait until the get the armor issues resolved so that we can have some troopers. But I would also really like to see Rebel Troopers as well. Maybe a Naboo Pilot...I think they would be great-looking figures. Characters with elaborate costumes and lots of accessories.

Boba Fett will be awesome if they do all of his little tools and gadgets...like the stuff in his shin pockets...as accessories and not as part of the costume. I would love to see his grappler as removeable (not launchable) from the gauntlet with maybe some fishing line or something attached to it that is easy to get back into the gauntlet (yes i know it is wishful thinking).

Turbowars
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
See I don't think SS needs to make a Fett yet. Hasbro's last one is good enough for me. I want to see some more figures Hasbro never made.

decadentdave
07-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Just got my Kit today.

First thing I noticed was that his Nautalaun tentacle dreads are NOT poseable. For some reason I just thought they would have twisty wires in them so they could be posed like that stupid ID4 alien but they are sculpted in place and dangle from the head. Oh well. The sculpt still looks cool.

The covertec clip on his belt is nice for the saber hilt.

The Battle Droid head is "meh." Honestly, if you missed the exclusive edition then you're not missing anything. I know some of you will probably like it but I just left mine in the tray. It doesn't do anything for me.

Also, my box has a dent in the corner from Fedex. Anybody know if Sideshow will replace just the box? I paid $60 for this thing and it would be nice if they'd at least send him in mint condition. They need bigger boxes will extra packing material inside. Argggghhh!!!

All in all, a nice figure and something new that we haven't had before.

Turbowars
07-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes they will send you another box. I aslo heard that they will ship the figure in a bigger box for an extra fee.

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't mean to say I want him next. Although in my head I don't tie this line in with the line from Hasbro. To me, even though I have most of the Hasbro 12"...this line is so much better that I see it as there only having been 3 done. The Hasbro don't count. But I think they do such a great job that I am good with whatever comes out next. If I had my 'druthers, I would tend away from Jedi, but only because there are a few done or being done now. But ANYTHING that comes out will be met with extreme enthusiasm by me. These 12" figures are being done the way I always knew they could be, and hoped they would be.

And on a side note...I have to start hoping to see a substantial number of them before I die of old age. The birthday cakes are getting pretty crowded.

Turbowars
07-13-2006, 09:29 PM
How old are you. You must be up there to be worried about that.

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 09:33 PM
41...but if I die at 103 like I figure...at ten figures per year that is only 630 of them before I go.

Turbowars
07-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Wow you are old.:hurt: ;)

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 09:42 PM
See? I told you. Sideshow needs to get moving on these and bump up the production to 25 characters per year! And no more second versions of existing figures like Anakin. They could have given us an expansion pack with a swappable head for the Sith version.

Darth Cruel
07-18-2006, 09:16 PM
I am totally ready to review this bad boy. PF - can you get it set up in the review area?

Sideshow Hasbroed out on a few of the aspects of this one. But it is still an outstanding figure!

The hood doesn't go over his tentacles, he could have had a few other hands, one or two other things I wasn't too happy about. But a lot of great points as well.

Here are some preview pics.

Turbowars
07-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Dude why do you tear them apart like that? Is it just for your review?

plasticfetish
07-18-2006, 11:38 PM
There's a spot to review Kit Fisto now... I could still use a good photo though.

Darth Cruel
07-19-2006, 07:35 AM
[QOUTE=turbowars]Dude why do you tear them apart like that? Is it just for your review?[/QUOTE]

I don't really see it as "torn apart" as nothing is broken. There are a few reasons for it, the review, curiosity, I like to get the costume just so, and then there was that Barbie Doll..."incident"...when I was young...

There's a spot to review Kit Fisto now... I could still use a good photo though.

I'll take a few more when I get home tonight. The ones I have arn't really showcase quality.

El Chuxter
07-19-2006, 07:53 AM
The tentacles hanging between his legs look quite vulgar. :eek: