PDA

View Full Version : What have you watched recently?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

JimJamBonds
02-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Ah. I've never seen any of Deadwood.
And that guy sucked.

I'd watch what you say about T.O. there Mr. RocketBOY, you'd best remember you're only one state over!!! :p

El Chuxter
02-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Rocketboy, you've never watched Deadwood, and you think Seth Bullock sucks?

I have two words to say to you:

"******' **********!!"

If you ever watched Deadwood, you'd know what I'm saying.

Saw Mobsters the other night. Not the best mob movie ever made by a long shot, but a pretty decent movie.

DarkArtist
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Just caught Date Movie on HBO. I have to say I thought the movie was funny as all hell, laughed the entire time. Plus I have a huge crush on Alyson Hannigan. It was something about being the quiet shy girl on Buffy the Vampire Slayer that did it for me.

Ji'dai
02-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Would you like to see a ghost? Not after watching Pulse you won't. The story is basically a variation of the living dead, but we get soul-sucking ghosts rather than flesh-eating ghouls.

I wasn't too impressed with Lady in the Water. Just couldn't get into the story at all.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Brain that Wouldn't Die was pretty fun to watch. This episode was the first to feature former MST3K head writer Mike Nelson as the host. I really miss this show.

UKWildcat
02-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Would you like to see a ghost? Not after watching Pulse you won't.

I believe I tried to warn you a while back Ji'dai. :p

Yesterday I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Temple of Doom. No Last Crusade though.

Last night I started watching the first episode of Carnivale, off of season one. I think it's about time to re-visit that series. :)

JimJamBonds
02-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Flags of our Fathers (as soon as I get done posting here).

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Saw Major Payne today. Yes, for the first time. It's one of those everyone figures I've seen, but I haven't. Until this afternoon.

That is one damned funny movie. Next to I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka!, that's Damon Wayons' greatest big-screen role.

DarthQuack
02-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Saw Major Payne today. Yes, for the first time. It's one of those everyone figures I've seen, but I haven't. Until this afternoon.

That is one damned funny movie. Next to I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka!, that's Damon Wayons' greatest big-screen role.

My favorite part is when he's talking to the maggots for the first time and he gets to the deaf guy...."If you don't listen to what I say.....I'm gonna put my foot, UP YOUR ***!!!!!" Man I die laughing everytime I get to that part.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2007, 07:49 AM
watched "Flags of Our Fathers" last night and really enjoyed. Very solid cast with great performances all around. I really recommend it to everybody. Hoping to catch "Letters from Iwo Jima" this weekend. :thumbsup:

On deck: "Science of Sleep," "Running With Scissors" and "Hollywoodland." I'll keep you kids posted. :whip:

DarkArtist
02-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Watched The Empire Strikes Back. Also caught Dr Jekyl & Ms Hyde. actually thought that the movie was pretty funny, it was a new twist on an old classic, and Sean Young looked great in the movie. Still couldn't get it out of my head though the scene from Ace Ventura in the end with Captain Winkie.

UKWildcat
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Last night I started watching the first episode of Carnivale, off of season one. I think it's about time to re-visit that series. :)

Well, I decided to start something that I had never seen before, instead of revisiting Carnivale; so I started with the first season of Six Feet Under. I watched 2 episodes last night and I watched 4 episodes today. I think the show is outstanding and I almost immediately fell in love with it. I'm very much looking forward to watching more episodes and seasons.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, I decided to start something that I had never seen before, instead of revisiting Carnivale; so I started with the first season of Six Feet Under. I watched 2 episodes last night and I watched 4 episodes today. I think the show is outstanding and I almost immediately fell in love with it. I'm very much looking forward to watching more episodes and seasons.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I used to watch SFU when it was on HBO, but i quickly lost it due to school and no HBO, etc. I'm going to one day just buy that box set of all 6 seasons. It'll be a great weekend.

Watched "The Science of Sleep" and "Hollywoodland" today. SoS was pretty decent, nowhere near "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" as the main character was kinda annoying. "hollywoodland" was pretty good, very excellent detective flick. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Saw Bridge on the River Kwai today. Damned good movie. Damned good. Though there's not much action, that finale is as tense a nail-biter as has ever been filmed.

Turbowars
02-07-2007, 10:07 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Six Feet Under is a awesome show. I want to buy the box set. HBO's Dexter is right up there with it !

Kidhuman
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Six Feet Under is a awesome show. I want to buy the box set. HBO's Dexter is right up there with it !

Dexter is on Showtime

Turbowars
02-07-2007, 10:10 PM
OH OK what ever.

DarkArtist
02-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Caught Psycho II last night as well as Clear and Present Danger.

JimJamBonds
02-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Caught Psycho II last night...

I know there was a remake a few years ago with Vince Vaughn but I never knew there was a sequel made.

DarthQuack
02-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Watched a couple episodes from the 5th season of MASH this morning along with Lost from last night.

DarkArtist
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I know there was a remake a few years ago with Vince Vaughn but I never knew there was a sequel made.

I think there was at least 3 sequels to the original Psycho being Psycho II & III and The Bates Motel. all of them starred Anthony Perkins in the role of Norman but in the 4th sequel Norman actually dies of old age and leaves the motel to another inmate at the asylum.
The original Psycho was by far the best, the second was the goriest, and the third the most ridiculous. since the 4th flick really has nothing to do with Norman I sort of count it as a new series.

2-1B
02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Wasn't Jason Bateman in The Bates Motel ? (which was a made for TV movie, I believe).

Uke, you are in for a WILD ride with SFU, what a fantastic show. It really made me think more about death. :dead: And I'll tell you this much, THAT show went out in style...unlike Carnivale and Deadwood which weren't given a chance. :(

Be sure to visit the SFU thread(s) here and let us know your thoughts. :)

El Chuxter
02-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Saw The Cat Returns from Studio Ghibli (based on an idea by Miyazaki, though he didn't direct it) today. Very good movie, also. It's a testament to the quality of Studio Ghibli's work that this was apparently geared toward preteen Japanese girls, and yet I enjoyed every second of it. Maybe not as much as, say, My Neighbor Totoro or Spirited Away, but pretty close.

Oddly, the statue of The Baron from Studio Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart is a major character here, but the story is far more magical than WOTH, which is mostly realistic. It's almost like Kilgore Trout from Vonnegut's novels: the character will show up in every book, but rarely, if ever, is actually the same.

JimJamBonds
02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info there DA I didn't know there were so many Psycho movies.

UKWildcat
02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm going to one day just buy that box set of all 6 seasons. It'll be a great weekend.

Six Feet Under is a awesome show. I want to buy the box set.

That box set is awesome. Unfortunately I don't have the set, I just have the individual seasons. I'd be all over the box set though; the grass on the top is a great touch. :thumbsup:

I thought there were only 5 seasons JMG?

Uke, you are in for a WILD ride with SFU, what a fantastic show. It really made me think more about death. :dead: And I'll tell you this much, THAT show went out in style...unlike Carnivale and Deadwood which weren't given a chance. :(

Be sure to visit the SFU thread(s) here and let us know your thoughts. :)

Good to hear that the show ends/wraps up in a good way. That really is comforting to know. Carnivale got the shaft and the lack of some closure with that show really sucks something awful. I haven't seen Season 3 of Deadwood yet so I'm not sure how that one went out.

I would check out the SFU threads but I'm sure I'd find spoilers galore. I'll definitely look at them when I finish watching the show and I'll let you guys know what I think.

The past couple of days I watched a few more episodes of Six Feet Under so I'm almost done with Season One. I should be able to start Season Two sometime this weekend. I still love the show. All of the characters are fantastic, yet they are so different. The show makes it work though, really well might I add. That Brenda sure is something else. I love the premise too; how they start a show off with someone dying and the show revolves around the main characters' personal lives while fitting in with the business aspect of it, setting up the funeral, talking with the family, etc. It is very well done. I won't really elaborate too much more on the show incase there are people who have yet to see it and might want to watch it sometime in the future (which I would highly recommend). It is a very enjoyable show and I look forward to watching it everyday. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Deadwood went out worse than Boba Fett in ROTJ.

Ji'dai
02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I believe I tried to warn you a while back Ji'dai. :p Yeah, live and learn I guess.

I was pleasantly surprised by the thriller The Descent. Group of women exploring a cave get trapped inside and must find an alternate route out, but this cavern is home to more than just bats. Lots of great suspense even before it became a horror movie halfway through.

General_Grievous
02-10-2007, 02:48 PM
I saw Norbit last night, hoping it'd be as funny as "Coming to America" or "The Nutty Professor". I was a bit disappointed, though it had its moments.

UKWildcat
02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Last night I watched a pretty bad movie called The Grudge 2. It failed to deliver on almost every aspect. I really enjoyed the first one, much like kidhuman ;), but this sequel was more than disappointing. It was awful. If you didn't like the first one, don't even bother with this one. If you did like the first one, I still woudln't bother with this one.

I also watched a couple more episodes of SFU and the show continues to impress. I haven't finished season one yet but I should either today or tomorrow.

2-1B
02-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I saw Smokin' Aces and I feel the need to take a shower on account of the sleaziness. :D

Rocketboy
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I saw Norbit last night, hoping it'd be as funny as "Coming to America" or "The Nutty Professor". I was a bit disappointed, though it had its moments.Eddie Murphy hasn't been funny since the '80's.

2-1B
02-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Bowfinger was pretty good.

Slicker
02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I watched Final Destination 3 last night. It was a typical Final Destination movie...

JimJamBonds
02-11-2007, 06:57 PM
I saw Smokin' Aces and I feel the need to take a shower on account of the sleaziness. :D

No need for the grin because I too felt I had a a layer of sleeze on me that needed removing.

Kidhuman
02-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Watched The Last Kiss today. Pretty good movie, had some funny parts.

Slicker
02-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Watched An Unfinished Life today. It stars Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman (the reason I kept watching), and Jennifer Lopez.

Nothing I'd normally watch but the roomie watches movies he's never heard of before for some reason. Glad he did because this was a very good movie.

It's tough to explain but a good movie. Just use Slickipedia and you'll see what it's about.

JetsAndHeels
02-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Watched HollywoodLand yesterday. Thought it was pretty good...although seeing Ben Affleck in the old Superman suit kind of turned my stomach.

UKWildcat
02-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I had a Six Feet Under marathon yesterday and today. Yesterday I watched around 5 episodes and today I have watched 6 (so far). I've only got a few episodes left on season two then I'll move to season three. Man, this show is outstanding, really addicting too; I can't watch just one episode.

UKWildcat
02-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Finished up SFU season two yesterday, and started season three... and it is in Widescreen format now!!! WooHoo!!! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
02-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Watched Maximum Overdrive on one of the cable channels last night for some weird reason. That has to be one of the best terrible movies of all-time.

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
I watched Talledega Nights and Beerfest the other day.

DAS BOOT!!!

Rocketboy
02-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Just finished Half Nelson. Awesome movie. A bit slow going, but Ryan Gosling deserves the Oscar.

JimJamBonds
02-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Metallica's Some Kind of Monster for me last night.

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Just finished Half Nelson. Awesome movie. A bit slow going, but Ryan Gosling deserves the Oscar.

Isn't that the one where Willie Nelson sings duets with folks like Julio Iglesias?

UKWildcat
02-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Still Six Feet Under for me. I'm about half way through the third season right now. The show sure has changed course, drastically might I add, from the ending of season two and what I've seen of season three so far. It's like watching a completely different show. I must say, I did enjoy the first two seasons more than what I've seen of the third so far. The third season is still good though, I'm just not used to the "changes". I love their new apprentice, and I'm sure all of "The Office" fans would too. :thumbsup:

I bought the Departed on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to watching that this weekend as I hear it is an oustanding movie. It's already ranked #74 on IMDB's top 250.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Rented, "The Departed", "Jesus Camp", and "A Scanner Darkly." I'll watch'em this weekend and i'm pretty anxious as i've never seen any of 'em. :thumbsup:

2-1B
02-16-2007, 05:27 PM
You guys are in for a treat with The Departed, IMO one of the top 3 movies of 2006. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
02-16-2007, 08:44 PM
caught Bedazzled on HBO on the flight over to Florida.

Rocketboy
02-17-2007, 12:38 AM
You guys are in for a treat with The Departed, IMO one of the top 3 movies of 2006. :thumbsup:Shoot, it was one of the best movies I've seen in years.

UKWildcat
02-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I was able to watch The Departed last night and I absolutely loved it. The whole movie was extremely well done. The directing, the script, the acting, everything, was all phenominal. It is easily one of the best films I have seen in a while. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

After the The Departed I watched another movie called The Quiet. This movie was a strange one and I'm still not sure what to make of it. I can picture a lot of people really enjoying the film, and others hating it. It's that type of movie. Elisha Cuthbert stars and was the main reason I watched it. It was okay I guess, I'm still thinkin' about it. :neutral:
Btw - If you are dying to see Edie Falco's boobies, give it a watch.:eek:

General_Grievous
02-17-2007, 02:14 PM
I was able to watch The Departed last night and I absolutely loved it. The whole movie was extremely well done. The directing, the script, the acting, everything, was all phenominal. It is easily one of the best films I have seen in a while. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to hear you liked it. It was definitely the best movie of 2006. Plus, I hear they're doing a spinoff movie about Sgt. Dignam, Mark Wahlberg's character. I'm looking forward to that since he was my favorite character in the movie.

Btw - If you are dying to see Edie Falco's boobies, give it a watch.:eek:

Eh, thanks but no thanks.:speech: Maybe if she looked like she did back in the first season of "The Sopranos".

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2007, 08:22 PM
I watched "Flags of our Fathers" last night..thought it was a very good film. Loved the imagery and the story. Now I am looking forward to seeing "Letters from Iwo Jima."

UKWildcat
02-18-2007, 11:50 PM
I just got through watching The Illusionist. It was a very fine film. Loved the ending. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I just got through watching The Illusionist. It was a very fine film. Loved the ending. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the ending of that movie BLEW MY MIND! :crazed:

Watched:
"The Departed"- superb flick; bought it tonight at best buy; 2 disc steelcase edition!
"A Scanner Darkly"- very meh. film felt very empty.
"Jesus Camp"- uber disturbing and creepy documentary.

2-1B
02-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Armageddon

Slicker
02-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Just watched Ghost Rider (check the thread for my thoughts).

Ji'dai
02-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Finally watched World Trade Center, which I thought was okay. I’ve also been watching Once Upon A Time in the West, Star Wars, and now Gettysburg while on the treadmill.

When radioactive fall-out causes a giant squid to attack Pacific shipping, it’s up to a Navy captain and two scientists to track the creature and kill it before it destroys San Francisco in It Came from Beneath the Sea. This one stars Kenneth Tobey, who starred in quite a few sci-fi b-movies, including the classic The Thing (from Another World)! This film also features special effects by Ray Harryhausen.

Mike, Tom Servo, and Crow serve up This Island Earth in Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie. This film has the famous Metaluna Mutant (”http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=44261&source=vintagemonsters”) creature, an insectoid looking thing with a giant exposed brain.

UKWildcat
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
When radioactive fall-out causes a giant squid to attack Pacific shipping, it’s up to a Navy captain and two scientists to track the creature and kill it before it destroys San Francisco in It Came from Beneath the Sea. This one stars Kenneth Tobey, who starred in quite a few sci-fi b-movies, including the classic The Thing (from Another World)! This film also features special effects by Ray Harryhausen.

Hmmmm... sounds interesting. Was this film any good Ji'dai? I love Ray Harryhausen. His special effects are classic.

After the weekend I got back into Six Feet Under, which I've been chipping away at nearly everyday. I am almost done with season 3 now, I think I have 2 episodes left.

DarkArtist
02-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Currently watching ROTJ on HBO. I just love the fact that almost everyday you can turn on the TV and catch one of the films.
The other day I was actually thinking of taking a mini vaction maybe two days and watching all 6 films along with the clone wars cartoon and some fan films in a marathon of Star Wars goodness. might still do this some time in either April or perhaps towards the end of the year.

2-1B
02-20-2007, 07:14 PM
I've been watching a lot of SW on HBO as well...all 6, in fact. I know ROTJ is on right now but I'll wait for the 7pm west coast feed to start up a new session. :grin: Plus ANH is on right now as well...on a different HBO.

Currently finishing Jersey Girl. Will Smith's scene is on right now.

General_Grievous
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Just finished watching Eddie Murphy Raw. Hilarious stuff. And before that I was watching that classic masterpiece Mars Attacks!

Slicker
02-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Eddie Murphy Raw is probably his best stand up (with Delirious close behind).

Aunt Bunny. Nuff' said.

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Goony-goo-goo!

Ji'dai
02-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Hmmmm... sounds interesting. Was this film any good Ji'dai? I love Ray Harryhausen. His special effects are classic. It was passable, but I've seen better b-movies from this era. The giant squid effects weren't terribly impressive, at least not like Harryhausen's later work on Jason and the Argonauts, or my favorite, Clash of the Titans.

UKWildcat
02-21-2007, 10:15 PM
It was passable, but I've seen better b-movies from this era. The giant squid effects weren't terribly impressive, at least not like Harryhausen's later work on Jason and the Argonauts, or my favorite, Clash of the Titans.

Jason and the Argonauts is fantastic. I actually watched that a couple of months ago. I purchased The Fantastic Films of Ray Harryhausen: Legendary Monster Series (http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Films-Ray-Harryhausen-Legendary/dp/B00069L0X6/sr=8-1/qid=1172113827/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0856851-1866437?ie=UTF8&s=dvd) a while back and that was the first movie I watched. I own Clash of the Titans too but I haven't seen it in forever, outstanding movie though. Those are my two favorites of Harryhausen thus far. I haven't seen all of his work yet, but those two will be hard to beat.

JetsAndHeels
02-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Just got back from seeing Ghost Rider tonight.

Thought it was a pretty good movie. Liked the special effects.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Eddie Murphy Raw is probably his best stand up (with Delirious close behind).

Aunt Bunny. Nuff' said.

I always thought "Delirious" topped "Raw" for a few simple reasons: James Brown, Elvis, Stevie Wonder and Mr T's new sexual experiences. Still, "Raw" is fantastic. I was UBER happy when "Delirious" hit DVD earlier this month. Only about 10 bucks; great purchase! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I haven't seen Delirious yet, but I'm making it a priority to watch it. Maybe even buy it before seeing it, like I did with Raw.

Slicker
02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Delirious is well worth the "buy before seeing". And at $10 it makes it that much easier. If you like Raw then you'll surely like this one. It's got it's great moments.

I just realized that I had the two of the videos (Raw and Delirious).

Delirious is the better of the two. Raw is funny but Delirious was the one that I was talkin' about up above.

UKWildcat
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Alright... I finished Six Feet Under season 3 last night. The ending of that season was much stronger than it's beginning, imo. Definitely some wild stuff going on. So now I'm really excited about starting season 4, which I should get to today... hopefully. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I always thought "Delirious" topped "Raw" for a few simple reasons: James Brown, Elvis, Stevie Wonder and Mr T's new sexual experiences. Still, "Raw" is fantastic. I was UBER happy when "Delirious" hit DVD earlier this month. Only about 10 bucks; great purchase! :thumbsup:

I agree with you, JMG. I just watched Delirious and I thought it was funnier than Raw. I loved the story of his aunt falling down the stairs.

I also caught a showing of Reno 911! Miami today. It was very funny. Now I have seen a few episodes of the show, but I didn't watch it religiously. You don't need to be a fan of the show to enjoy this one. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
02-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I watched Norbit and Ghost Rider this week. Our local theater charges only $5 for a ticket, a bag of popcorn and a drink; but I still felt like I didn't get my money's worth out of these two pieces of crap.

Slicker
02-23-2007, 11:13 PM
I agree with you, JMG. I just watched Delirious and I thought it was funnier than Raw. I loved the story of his aunt falling down the stairs.

That's the one that I was speakin of earlier.

I got the two confused. I'm more of a fan of Delirious than Raw.

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I loved the story of his aunt falling down the stairs."THUMP THUMP THUMP 'Ohlordhelpmejesus! I'm halfway down the stairs!' THUMP THUMPTHUMP"

Man, if it wasn't for bits like that and "Goony Goo Goo" I'd call you a liar if you told me Eddie Murphy was at one point in time funny.

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 11:43 PM
I've never seen Raw or Delirious, but I used to listen to tapes of the Eddie Murphy and Comedian albums every day, which were shortened versions of the routines from those.

Kidhuman
02-24-2007, 07:57 AM
You NEED to see those, they're damn funny.

Slicker
02-24-2007, 03:34 PM
If anyone wants to see Delirious, I uploaded it to megaupload. Just PM me and I'll get ya the link so you can partake in its hilarity.:thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-24-2007, 07:18 PM
I watched Norbit and Ghost Rider this week. Our local theater charges only $5 for a ticket, a bag of popcorn and a drink; but I still felt like I didn't get my money's worth out of these two pieces of crap.

Damn, thats a killer deal for 5 bucks. It's too bad the movies sucked.

I started Six Feet Under season 4 today. So far I've watched 5 episodes. This season has started out really strong, unlike the 3rd.

Kidhuman
02-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I took in Mallrats last night. Gotta love the movie. That damn kids back on the escalator

UKWildcat
02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Mallrats is classic.

I watched several more episodes of Six Feet Under yesterday, so I'm almost done with season 4 now. This season has been awesome btw.

Last night I watched The Prestige,which I thought was fantastic. Much like The Illusionist, it had an outstanding ending. Scarlett Johansson... :love:

DarkArtist
02-26-2007, 09:24 AM
rented "Man of the Year" the other night and actually was surprised by the movie. for a movie that really didn't get alot of decent reviews and was quickly out of the theaters I thoought it was well done.
Robin Williams is in his prime as a comedian TV host who decides to run for President. His character Tom Dobbs tells the country what they want to hear, how politicians are in it for themselves. The movie also involves a conspiracy to fix the election and gives the movie something more then just slapstick humor and political jokes.
If you get the chance, give this movie a try.

UKWildcat
02-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I finished Six Feet Under season 4 last night. It was outstanding! The season finale was simply amazing. :thumbsup:

I started the 5th and final season of SFU today and I have already watched 5 episodes. So far its been really good. I am looking forward to see how they wrap this show up, although I am sad at the same time. It's been a great ride and I will hate to see it come to an end. :(

UKWildcat
03-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, I just finished Six Feet Under, and Wow! What a show! What an ending! Simply phenominal... everything... the whole series! WOW! I'm damn near speechless.

2-1B
03-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Agreed, but I felt sad at Keith's part of the final storyline. :cry:

I finally got cracking on season 4 of Tales from the Crypt and will immediately be moving on to season 5. :)

General_Grievous
03-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Am I really the only one who's seen Reno 911:Miami?

sith_killer_99
03-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I just finished watching "Stranger than Fiction." WOW, great movie!

UKWildcat
03-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Am I really the only one who's seen Reno 911:Miami?

I didn't hear too many good things about that one. I actually heard it was quite bad, so I'm going to wait for the dvd release. What's your opinion of it GG?

I just finished watching "Stranger than Fiction." WOW, great movie!

I'm gonna try and watch that this weekend.

Agreed, but I felt sad at Keith's part of the final storyline. :cry:

Yea, I was too. I didn't like seeing him go out that way. I did like how they did that whole end sequence though. That was really cool. Thanks again for the recommendation Caesar. I know you said I should have started watching it a while back.

Btw, I only found 2 threads on SFU. Thread 1 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28500&highlight=feet) / Thread 2 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=6326&highlight=feet) .Are there any others I am over looking?

General_Grievous
03-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I didn't hear too many good things about that one. I actually heard it was quite bad, so I'm going to wait for the dvd release. What's your opinion of it GG?

I could have sworn I posted my opinion in this thread, but anyway...I thought it was pretty funny. Nowhere near as funny as "Borat", but it's worth it. You don't even have to follow the TV show to get the movie.

UKWildcat
03-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I could have sworn I posted my opinion in this thread

Found it.

I also caught a showing of Reno 911! Miami today. It was very funny. Now I have seen a few episodes of the show, but I didn't watch it religiously. You don't need to be a fan of the show to enjoy this one. :thumbsup:

My bad. lol

Thats good you don't have to follow the show to get the movie, cause I don't think I've ever seen an episode.

Getting ready to watch Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny. I hope it's good.

2-1B
03-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Get ready for some rockin' Meat Loaf and Dio. lol

JimJamBonds
03-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Scrubs Seasons I and II along with The Forty Year Old Virgin.

DarkArtist
03-03-2007, 12:39 PM
just watched both Clear and Present Danger, and Star Wars sort of a Harrison Ford night. also caught Wedding Crashers.

Ji'dai
03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
An entymologist (Peter Graves) and his photographer gal pal helps the army defeat a swarm of giant grasshoppers mutated into giant size by radiation in Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Beginning of the End. Bad creature effects were actual shots of real insects, including some shots of the bugs crawling over photos of city buildings.

The Illusionist was pretty solid fare. Bit of a stretch at the end, but still very entertaining.

Two conscientious drifters (Henry Fonda and a remarkably youthful Harry M*A*S*H Morgan) ride into town and join a lawless posse out to hunt down cattle rustlers and murderers after a local ranch owner is reported dead in The Ox-Bow Incident. After finding a trio of men camped nearby, the mob votes to hang 'em without trial, before finding out they are innocent of the crime.

UKWildcat
03-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I watched Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny last night. I actually thought it was really good. Of course I have been a fan of Tenacious D for years now, so that probably has something to do with it. But it was much better than I was expecting. There were some really funny moments, and some good cameos.

DarkArtist
03-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Watched The Flintstones and Slums of Beverly Hills

Kidhuman
03-03-2007, 08:28 PM
After reading what Dark Artist watched, I dont feel so bad about admitting I watched the FF last night

2-1B
03-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Shaun of the Dead for the first time in probably a year or so...damn I love that movie. :D

Rocketboy
03-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Just watched the animated Iron Man film on Cartoon network.
Carp.

JetsAndHeels
03-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Watched "High School High" on dvd....one of my favorite comedies, plus appropriate since I'm now working in the school system.

Slicker
03-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Just finished up Tombstone. Still a great movie.

Great performance by Val Kilmer. My two favorite lines in the movie come from him: "I'm your huckleberry" and "you're a daisy if you do."

sith_killer_99
03-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Val Kilmer's best performance ever in one of the greatest westerns of all time! Yes, I loved "Tombstone" I even downloaded it from iTunes for my iPod!

JimJamBonds
03-04-2007, 02:02 AM

Great performance by Val Kilmer. My two favorite lines in the movie come from him: "I'm your huckleberry" and "you're a daisy if you do."

I always loved "I'm in my prime." and "I got two guns, one for the each of you." And let us not forget the inscription on Lester Moore's tombstone. Also lets not forget about a fat Billy Bob showing up along with Cy Tolliver as well.

As for me I just got done watching Team America World Police.

"We've got alot of quilting to do!"

sith_killer_99
03-04-2007, 04:33 AM
I liked when Doc shoots Ringo "You ain't no daisy", other favorite lines "My hypocrisy goes only so far" later followed by "I lied, my hypocrisy know no bounds."

Well, I just finished watching "The Prestige" a good movie, but why is it that Hollywood seems to be running with these "The Usual Suspects" story lines. There always has to be a big long conspiracy at the end, where the audience goes "Wow, I didn't see that one coming".

Anyway, it was a very good film and I recommend watching it sometime.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 11:05 AM
my fave DH line is "Wyatt, you're an OAK."

I even had VK write that on an 8x10 pic...except he changed Wyatt to my name, natch.

Jargo
03-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I just watched that lemony snicket movie. Finally a Jim Carrey movie I can watch. A cool little tale and a lovely visual style to the movie. Some good use of CGI. I wasn't overly impressed with the subtitles for the baby and would have preferred a childs voice in voiceover but it didn't detract too much from the procceedings.
And i always enjoy a movie that doesn't succumb to a stupid happy ending. the uncertain ending and fate of the characters here was deftly dealt with. And this one is definitely going to be added to my DVD library.

I too watched the prestige recently and found the movie over long and plodding. the style of the movie was excellent, good lighting and atmosphere. it was the twist that bothered me. far too contrived. like they jackhammered it in. frankly the device plot point and the unfortunate consequences of using it and the discovery of that fact was a good enough point to finish the movie on. more of a tragic note. the prolonged ending they gave the movie was I suppose more of an Edgar Allen Poe climax though and did remind me of Roger Corman movies. Which i suppose was part of the inspiration. The Poe element not the Corman campery.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I liked The Prestige until it got too sci-fi toward the end...by itself though, I do love the premise of dueling magicians. lol

Right now I'm watching Die Hard from 1988 on HBO. Wow, talk about a blast from the past ! And what's with that German guy firing a ROCKET LAUNCHER out the building window ? :confused:

JimJamBonds
03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I liked The Prestige until it got too sci-fi toward the end...by itself though, I do love the premise of dueling magicians. lol

I too thought it was a good movie but the twists and turns at the end were a little too much.

Turbowars
03-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Right now I'm watching Die Hard from 1988 on HBO. Wow, talk about a blast from the past ! And what's with that German guy firing a ROCKET LAUNCHER out the building window ? :confused:Whats confusing about it?

2-1B
03-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Ummmmmmm, gee I don't know, maybe the sheer ridiculousness of it? lol

UKWildcat
03-05-2007, 01:34 AM
I just watched a craptacular movie called Rest Stop. I'm some what lenient when it comes to horror movies, but this one was just awful. Avoid it at all costs.

DarkArtist
03-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Love this flick. Also like the line by Kurt Russel "You tell them I'm coming and Hell's coming with me.... Hells coming with Me"

UKWildcat
03-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Watched Creepshow and Creepshow 2 earlier today. The first one is awesome, a classic. The second one is good, but not nearly as great as the first. Was looking forward to watching the 3rd installment when it hits dvd soon, but I hear it is an awful mess. :(

Turbowars
03-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Watched Creepshow and Creepshow 2 earlier today. The first one is awesome, a classic. The second one is good, but not nearly as great as the first. Was looking forward to watching the 3rd installment when it hits dvd soon, but I hear it is an awful mess. :(THANKS FOR THE RIDE LADY!

I think my favorite short is the Crate. That monster is awesome!!!

The one I didn't like when I was a kid was the 1st short on CS 1. Now I love it. IF YOU CAN HOLD YOUR BREATH...........:thumbsup: I didn't know there was a 3rd, when did that happen?

JimJamBonds
03-06-2007, 12:23 AM
With opening day and The Masters right around the corner I'm warming up both Major League and Caddyshack.

UKWildcat
03-06-2007, 12:35 AM
THANKS FOR THE RIDE LADY!

I think my favorite short is the Crate. That monster is awesome!!!

The one I didn't like when I was a kid was the 1st short on CS 1. Now I love it. IF YOU CAN HOLD YOUR BREATH...........:thumbsup: I didn't know there was a 3rd, when did that happen?

The Crate is awesome. I love it when Henry (Hal Holbrook) pulls out a gun and shoots Billie (Barbeau) in his daydream/fantasy. The people just stand around and start clapping. lol You're right, that monster is really sweet. :thumbsup:

Jordy Verrill is something else too. I love his line, "I'll be dipped in sh*t if that ain't a meteor." lol

Creepshow 3 was filmed in 06. I believe it comes out on dvd towards the end of May. Here is a little info on it at IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478125/). As you can see it is rated really low and the people bash the hell out of it. I don't think it is really affiliated with anyone who was involved with the others, like King and Romero. I think it was put out by some independant company, appears to be the same folks who did Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium. Looks like they are going to remake the original Creepshow (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485887/)too. :mad:

Val Da Car
03-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Batman Returns with the Tim Burton Director commentary on for the whole movie.

Friday (SMOKEY!!!!)....she said she looked like Janet Jackson, got out the car looking more like Freddie Jackson.

300 Upcoming release DVD (free with a DVD purchase @ BB).

Looks like a good film

sith_killer_99
03-06-2007, 01:43 AM
I caught "The Breakfast Club" on TV the other day!:D

UKWildcat
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I started the first season of Dead Like Me today. So far I've watched 2 episodes. I've never seen the show before, but it appears to be pretty good. It is definitely unique. I'm looking forward to watching more eps. :thumbsup:

Slicker
03-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I bought and watched Borat today.

Jeezum Crow that was f-ing hilarious!!! It really shouldn't have been but it was.

The worst/funniest part was the hotel fight. Two hairy men fighting nekkid is too much!

Val Da Car
03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I started the first season of Dead Like Me today. So far I've watched 2 episodes. I've never seen the show before, but it appears to be pretty good. It is definitely unique. I'm looking forward to watching more eps. :thumbsup:

I have caught the back half of season one and season two on cable and it is frickin awesome. I finally got the DVD of the Pilot....

Dolby Digital sounds great when the toilet from space hits the deck!!!

Kidhuman
03-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I used to watch Dead like me also. I liked it and it does have its moments.

DarkArtist
03-07-2007, 05:38 PM
been sick all day so I have been doing nothing except watched the boob tube. just watched the following:

Mr. Mom
Batman Begins
WarGames

UKWildcat
03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
been sick all day so I have been doing nothing except watched the boob tube.

Best thing about being sick. Hope you get to feeling better DA.

Last night I watched Return of the Living Dead in HD. It was on one of the cable channels, Cinemax I think. The transfer wasn't the best, as far as HD goes, but it is definitely an improvement over the dvd transfer, which is decent. Anyways, I love this movie. Burt, Frank, and Ernie are all excellent characters... and Trash is hot! There are some great lines in that movie too. :yes: lol :thumbsup:

I've still been watching Dead Like Me season 1. I only have about 4 episodes left on season one. Its a pretty good show. I'm enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Dolby Digital sounds great when the toilet from space hits the deck!!!

This show does have some really good sound/sound effects. The video transfer is pretty good too.

Rocketboy
03-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Watched movie film Borat again tonight.
High five!

DarkArtist
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Best thing about being sick. Hope you get to feeling better DA.

Thanks UKWildcat, feeling alot better than yesterday. the past two weeks I have been running myself into exhaustion and it finally caught up to me.

UKWildcat
03-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks UKWildcat, feeling alot better than yesterday. the past two weeks I have been running myself into exhaustion and it finally caught up to me.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. :thumbsup:

I finished up the first season of Dead Like Me yesterday. It was really good too. I'll probably start the second season sometime today or tomorrow.

I also watched The Devil's Rejects last night, in HD. The transfer on this one was really good. One of the better transfers that I've seen on cable, as far as movies go in HD. I've got V for Vendetta stored on the DVR in HD and I can't wait to check it out. I'll probably get around to it this weekend, hopefully.

Getting ready to go catch the first showing of 300. I am more than excited too.

Going to watch Borat with the family tonight. Should be "very niice".

Slicker
03-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I just got done watching The Prestige.

WOW! Great movie and, much like I'm sure EVERYONE, the ending was amazing.

I had almost thought that Anziers (sp?) trick was the ending but I figured that out immediately. The real ending was even better.

Great movie and highly recommended from me. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Watched Talledega Nights. PRetty funny movie. The funniest part was Michael Clark Duncan yelling "Dont put that evil on me"

UKWildcat
03-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I saw 300 yesterday. Incredible. Awesome movie. Absolutely loved it. :thumbsup:
(check the 300 thread for more of my thoughts)

Watched Borat last night. Hilarious movie. Just as funny as when I saw it in the theater. Gonna try and check out the extras on the dvd today.

I watched the first couple episodes of Arrested Development last night. I had never seen the show before either; I know, I know. :crazed: But the show was pretty damn funny. It was quite good. I love the characters, they are off the wall, but they are great. I may put Dead Like Me season two on hold for a bit and watch a season or two of Arrested Development. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
03-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Let's see:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Gremlins
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Nerds
Scream

CaptainSolo1138
03-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Fast Times at Ridgemont HighI watched that twice on Comedy Central this weekend. While the edits drive me nuts (and by "edits" I mean "lack of sweet, sweet boobies"), there are too many awesome lines in the movie to not watch it! And Phoebe Cates is hot even when she has her shirt on.

UKWildcat
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
My dvd player died over the weekend so I have kinda hit a stand-still on my movie and tv on dvd watching. :cry: I already ordered a new one but it won't arrive for about a week; I had to order it online b/c no stores had the one I wanted in stock, and it was cheaper.

I did watch V for Vendetta last night though. I still had it saved in HD on my DVR. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
That sucks arse dude.

Anyways, I watched The Guardian the other night. Decent flick, not the worst nor the best. I would recommend it for a sit down.

UKWildcat
03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Anyways, I watched The Guardian the other night. Decent flick, not the worst nor the best. I would recommend it for a sit down.

The Guardian? Which one is that again? Sorry, I just feel way to lazy to look it up right now. :tired:

Kidhuman
03-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Its Costner and Ashton as Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers.

DarkArtist
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
currently watching History of the World Part I
earlier watched Batman Begins and Roadtrip

UKWildcat
03-12-2007, 09:12 PM
"Tiny salmon swimming in a stream,
Tiny salmon chasing that impossible dream..."

I haven't seen that movie in years.

Rocketboy
03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Just finished An Inconvenient Truth on tv.
Informative, yet fairly dull.

DarkArtist
03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Dick Tracey
Return of the Jedi
Halloween H20

pbarnard
03-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Casino Royale
Little Rascals

UKWildcat
03-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Halloween H20

You didn't happen to catch this on SHO last night did you? If so, I watched it too. :D

Casino Royale

How'd you like this one?

I've watched V for Vendetta a couple more times on the DVR.

I got my new DVD player today so I'm back in business. :thumbsup:

pbarnard
03-17-2007, 08:18 PM
How'd you like this one?:thumbsup:

Better than any Pierce Bronson/Roger Moore 007 film. He's sort of a cross between Sean Connery and Roger Daltry, which means very close to the book descriptions. If you read any, not disappointed except you have to wonder how they're going to work SMERSH/SPECTRE into it all.

Kidhuman
03-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Watched School for Scoundrels. Pretty funny movie.

UKWildcat
03-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Better than any Pierce Bronson/Roger Moore 007 film. He's sort of a cross between Sean Connery and Roger Daltry, which means very close to the book descriptions. If you read any, not disappointed except you have to wonder how they're going to work SMERSH/SPECTRE into it all.

I'ver never seen any of Moore's Bond movies. The only Brosnan one that I really liked was Goldeneye (gotta love Famke). I've only seen a couple of Connery's, Goldfinger being my favorite. I haven't seen very many of the earlier Bond movies, but I've seen all of Brosnans. I actually have all 4 Vol.s of the James Bond Ultimate Edition Box Set(s) (http://www.amazon.com/James-Bond-Ultimate-Boxed-Bundle/dp/B000MCI1RA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-0856851-1866437?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1174185721&sr=1-2)coming in the mail. I'm really looking forward to checking them out, especially the earlier ones. I hope they are good. :nerv:

I did hear that Casino Royale was one of the best Bonds in a long time though. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Casino Royale is probably one of the best Bond films. For me, it's in the top three along with Goldfinger and Goldeneye.

Kidhuman
03-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Moore was a great Bond. Moonraker, For your Eyes only and others I cant recall right now. Probably the 2nd best Bond right behind Connery.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-17-2007, 11:13 PM

Agreed. After some initial misgivings about the selection of Bond, Craig's portrayal of Bond in the film won me over quickly. The storyline was also above average, better than the last two Brosnan movies. I just put that on Birthday wish list and hope to watch it soon again. Can't wait for the next one.

Just watched.

Talladega Nights - not the best Ferrell movie, kinda had me hating him and his kids during the whole movie, but turned it around toward the end.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- Darkest of the Potter movies. Wonderfully acted by the young actors, and am continually impressed by the actress who plays Hermione. The book contained a lot more subplots, they cut the reporter chick's storyline (forget her name) but after remembering how thick the book is, I understand they must do so.

Awakenings - Never saw this movie until last week. I must admit, I was intrigued by the story, and how it is based from true events. It was sad to know that was factual after hearing a story about catatonic people who because of a miracle drug, "awoke" from their slumber after decades, only to find that the drug's side effects were too severe and the conscious period only temporary. DeNiro gives a wonderful performance, and Robin Williams does his best acting in a serious role. Also, Marge Simpson's voice, done by Julie Kavner, has a wonderful role as the head nurse and confidant to Williams.

There were some stirring, powerful emotions in this movie. And it was bittersweet too, especially for those afflicted. Some of the patients knew what eventually was going to happen to them, that they would regress back into their slumber. It must have been a powerful moment for their families too. To see their loved ones come back after many hopeless years and than to lose them again. At least they did receive some precious moments that one summer that I'm sure they never forgot.

CaptainSolo1138
03-18-2007, 01:18 AM
The wife dragged me to see "Premonition" tonight. What a pile of s**t that movie was. The plot was retarded and the whole 2+ hours could've been crammed into ten minutes.

DarkArtist
03-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Finally watched Borat - might have to watch this one again, not sure about it yet, while funny at times I'm still undecided.

also caught The Departed - thought it was a good flick - a little slow in the beginning but the ending was awesome.

2-1B
03-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Broken Flowers.

Not sure what all the hype was about this one 2 years ago? It was okay.

UKWildcat
03-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I watched Ace Ventura: Pet Detective last night w/ the director's commentary. It was pretty good. Learned some interesting things. I really wish Jim Carrey was commentating too, but oh well. It was still good.

pbarnard
03-18-2007, 03:54 PM
You Only Live Twice
Her Majesty's Secret Service

My wife and father in law are on a 007 kick. Sort of funny considering my father in law doesn't speak, read or understand any english.

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Her Majesty's Secret Service

Yikes...I'm sorry you had to endure that. :(

General_Grievous
03-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Watched Halloween again. All that talk about the remake made me want to get out my copy of the original. Also, it's worth noting that I was snowed in on Friday, so I had myself a Lord of the Rings Trilogy marathon. I had it playing in the background while I was surfing the web and stuff.

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Saw 300 earlier tonight. Excellent film.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Like a fwe of you, i've begun my Bond marathon and am going in order of story line.

Last night was "Casino Royale" and tonight was "Dr. No." Plan to jump on "From Russia with love" later in the week and go from there. :thumbsup:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Yikes...I'm sorry you had to endure that. :(

I actually found it to be one of the best Bond movies, certainly one of the best story lines, excellent breath-taking cinematography, full of non-stop action, and certainly unique in the fact that it does what few Bond movies do; it breaks your heart at the end of the movie.

The pacing is a bit clunky, and certain scenes overextend, but Lazenby was an underrated Bond, and so was the movie as a whole.

UKWildcat
03-19-2007, 06:59 PM
I started Dead Like Me Season 2 last night.

I saw 300 again today. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2-1B
03-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Rocky Balboa last night plus I'm catching up on the last 2 episodes of Rome.

General_Grievous
03-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Cae, I assume you saw Rocky Balboa on DVD. Did you by any chance watch the alternate ending? If so, what was it?

2-1B
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I didn't watch that ending yet, probably not until tomorrow when I take down the commentary with the Sly One.

I still loved the movie though, my 4th viewing after seeing it thrice in the theater.

pbarnard
03-21-2007, 10:21 PM
The Departed.

Supposed I could watch Infernal Affairs 1-3 again.

Kidhuman
03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Watched Eragon the other day.

Slicker
03-22-2007, 07:27 AM
I watched quite a few movies while I was home.

300...again.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Benchwarmers
The Ringer
Saw III

I think there were a couple more but can't remember them

The only ones I hadn't seen before were Saw III and TCM.

UKWildcat
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Watched Eragon the other day.

What did you think of Eragon kh? I haven't seen it yet but it is on the top my Netflix queue.

I've watched a few more episodes of Dead Like Me and I took down a viewing of The Fifth Element earlier today. I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't been able to watch much.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also watched Walk the Line yesterday. Good stuff!

2-1B
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
I saw Eragon in the theater. It was alright, I thought it was going to be bad but it was alright.

Kidhuman
03-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Eragon isnt anything super spectacular. If you read the book, you might not enjoy it because they changed alot of it according to Mrs KH. I liked it, I wasnt expecting much at all from it though. Like Cae said, it was alright

El Chuxter
03-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Mrs Chux read it, and said it was only so-so. She didn't care to watch the movie, and said she probably won't read the second book unless the library has it or someone will loan it to her.

She loved LOTR, Narnia, and Harry Potter, BTW, so it's not an anti-fantasy thang.

pbarnard
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Eragon isnt anything super spectacular. If you read the book, you might not enjoy it because they changed alot of it according to Mrs KH. I liked it, I wasnt expecting much at all from it though. Like Cae said, it was alright

Is the book worth getting or should I wait for the third to be published and buy it as a set?

Kidhuman
03-23-2007, 02:10 PM
I never read the book, but if it is something you wanna get, I would wait for the set to come out.

pbarnard
03-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Eragon. And definitely passing on the book. It was so written by a 17 year old that I'm surprised some publisher laughed him out of the place and said, be original instead of ripping everyone else off but the publisher was greedy and wanted to capitalize on the possible spill over of a boy wizard and another set of fiction made into movies to somewhat better success.

DarkArtist
03-24-2007, 11:47 PM
watched Revenge of the Sith, Attack of the Clones, Return of the Jedi and Ghostbusters II. also caught the end of Spidey 2 and Scream.

pbarnard
03-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Live and Let Die

2-1B
03-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Cae, I assume you saw Rocky Balboa on DVD. Did you by any chance watch the alternate ending? If so, what was it?

The alternate ending is TERRIBLE, I watched it yesterday. :dead:
If they would have gone with that ending, I honestly think it would have ruined the movie. Just terrible. :dead: Thankfully the movie has a beautiful ending, now. :)

I'm watching Rocky Six with commentary right now.

El Chuxter
03-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Tried to watch Tristan and Isolde.

God, that movie sucks. Historically inaccurate to a ridiculous degree, and not even faithful in the slightest to the legend. It was so bad, I couldn't follow it and gave up after half an hour. That's rare for me. Once I start, I may fall asleep, but I rarely turn off the movie. I even watched Highlander 2 all the way through.

General_Grievous
03-26-2007, 11:28 PM
The alternate ending is TERRIBLE, I watched it yesterday. :dead:
If they would have gone with that ending, I honestly think it would have ruined the movie. Just terrible. :dead: Thankfully the movie has a beautiful ending, now. :)

What happened in it? Did Rocky die or something?

Rocketboy
03-26-2007, 11:38 PM
What happened in it? Did Rocky die or something?No, he said the alternate ending was terrible, not awesome.

Ji'dai
03-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Brian De Palma directs Josh Hartnett, Scarlett Johannson, and Hillary Swank in the film noir murder mystery Black Dahlia, loosely based on the gruesome 1947 slaying of a young Hollywood starlet. I really didn't think it was all that great.

Horror icon Lon Chaney stars as a the chauffeur-turned-caretaker of three adult childlike orphans, who suffer from a rare dengerative disorder caused by inbreeding in 1968's Spider Baby. Of course, murder and mayhem ensue with the arrival of outsiders at the strange family's run-down mansion. Watch for Sid "Captain Spaulding" Haig as one of the inbred siblings.

Three men are shot into space but only one returns in 1955's The Quartermass Xperiment. Quickly quarantined for evaluation, scientists learn that the remaining astronaut is no longer the man they knew - and is infected with an alien that absorbs other lifeforms, leaving only a dried husk. This film reminded me of the life-force sucking space vampires in 1985's aptly titled Lifeforce.

DarkArtist
03-27-2007, 07:22 PM
caught Final Destination 2 &3 the other night along with Sky High

2-1B
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
What happened in it? Did Rocky die or something?

No, although that was bandied about as a possibility for the end of Rocky 5.

In Rocky 6, he wins the decision against Dixon. Totally stupid. :dead:
The ending has him waiting in the ring for the decision to be announced and it is really lame, I'm glad Sly thought that through some more. The way it ends now is beautiful because he takes off out of the ring before hearing the decision since it didn't matter that he lost, just that he went and saw it through to the end. I love that movie. :)

No, he said the alternate ending was terrible, not awesome.

:mad:

lol

DarkArtist
03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
caught Cape Fear tonight. Love Robert Deniro's character in this movie.

Kidhuman
03-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Watched Benchwarmers last night and also caught 1/2 of Dazed and Confused

CaptainSolo1138
03-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Finally saw "Jackass 2" last night. My ribs and jaw still hurt from laughing so hard!

2-1B
03-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Finally saw "Jackass 2" last night.

Slick is back from Japan already ? :confused: BA DUM BUM BUM :D

I'm still plugging along on Tales from the Crypt, catching up on the DVD sets. Joe Peschi just got cut in half by a chainsaw. The long way.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Finally saw "Jackass 2" last night. My ribs and jaw still hurt from laughing so hard!

really? I was let down by #2; not nearly as funny as #1. The last skit, although incredibly wrong, was HYSTERICAL.

Bought "Children of Men" this week and loved it just as much as I did when I saw it in theaters. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
03-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I still haven't been able to watch much of anything lately.

I did catch Undead a couple days ago. Your typical (not so typical) zombie film. This movie had some good qualities and bad ones; I'm still on the fence about it. I could lean either way, saying that it was a decent movie or saying that it was horrible. If I had to, I'd probably say the bad outweighed the good, for the most part. Zombie fans should still check it out. It's one of the fun/comedy horror/zombie films so one can't be too harsh when judging it. Thats kinda why I have mixed feelings for it. I dunno.... lol

I've been watching episodes of Dead Like Me when I've had the time. I'm almost done with season 2 and I already want more. Sucks to know that when I finish these final couple of episodes, that its completely over; no more seasons, no more episodes. :( Damnit! Why do the good shows get cancelled much too early?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

I plan on watching a bunch of movies this weekend, including: Children of Men, Blood Diamond and Turistas.

CaptainSolo1138
03-30-2007, 07:43 AM
really? I was let down by #2; not nearly as funny as #1. The last skit, although incredibly wrong, was HYSTERICAL.
No, it wasn't as good as the first. But it had SO many good moments. The "Butt Chug" was freakin' hilarious, even if it was stolen from a "Team Sanchez" bit.

What was the last sketch? Was it Ehren wearing the "beard"?

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 02:32 AM
I watched Turistas(Unrated) this evening. The movie was kind of a mix between Hostel and Wolf Creek with elements of The Descent. Sounds like a pretty good combination right? Well, it was okay. Not great, but not horrible either. Definitely started out kind of slow-paced but picked up towards the middle and the end, much like the before-mentioned movies. The story was okay, a bit unoriginal, but I let that slide. For a young cast, the acting was alright. The chicks are all pretty hot, Olivia Wilde, Melissa George, Beau Garrett and of course, the locals. The gore was pretty good; nothing that was really over the top (well, with a couple of exceptions ;)) but there were definitely some uncomfortable moments. I do feel they skimped on the ending though; I was mostly disappionted with that.

Overall I thought the movie was okay. It was actually better than I was anticipating, so I was pleased with that (of course I went in with low expectations). Had some good elements, had some bad ones too. Depending on my mood I'd probably rate it somewhere between a 4-6, to possibly a 7(?!?), out of 10. Nah, probably not a 7. I don't know. I'm kinda mixed on this movie right now. I need to let it sink in, and I will certainly watch it again sometime in the future.

I would definitely recommend it as a rental for those of you who are fans of the genre.

General_Grievous
03-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Just watched two movies this morning and this afternoon with my 6 year old cousin, Happy Feet and Pete's Dragon. I zoned in and out of Happy Feet because I had seen it recently, but I hadn't seen Pete's Dragon in about 15 years, so it was cool to get all nostalgic.

I'm about to watch Fight Club. I haven't seen it before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I've heard lots of good things, though.

2-1B
03-31-2007, 08:50 PM
I saw Blades of Glory yesterday which was everything Talladega Nights was not: consistently funny. :)

Just finished up season 4 of Tales From The Crypt this morning, season 5 is on deck. :grin:

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
I saw Blades of Glory yesterday which was everything Talladega Nights was not: consistently funny. :)

Now I enjoyed Talladega Nights, but this is still good news to me. Talladega definitely drug at times and wasn't, well consistently funny as you put it Caesar, though it had its moments. Its good to hear that Blades is more consistent. I may or may not check this one out in the theater. I'm still undecided. What do you think? Also, how did Fischer do? :lipsrsealed:

Just finished up season 4 of Tales From The Crypt this morning, season 5 is on deck. :grin:

Nice work. I'm so backed up as far as TFTC goes. :(

I watched X-Men, X2 and got half way through X-Men: The Last Stand today.

2-1B
03-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Now I enjoyed Talladega Nights, but this is still good news to me. Talladega definitely drug at times and wasn't, well consistently funny as you put it Caesar, though it had its moments. Its good to hear that Blades is more consistent. I may or may not check this one out in the theater. I'm still undecided. What do you think? Also, how did Fischer do? :lipsrsealed:

I definitely want to see it again in the theater, it really cracked me up so many times. It's a dumb movie, natch, but very funny. lol

My comments about Talladega are not meant to be a total put down, because I agree the movie DOES have some good moments. To me though, they were too few and far between, while so many other people I know seemed to think it was hilarious. :confused:

Will Ferrell was at his zenith with Anchorman and will never top it, so I didn't expect Talladega to do that, but it was a real let down for me. Blades of Glory, on the other hand, was hilarious. lol lol lol

How does Fisher do? Well, if I typed out my reaction here it would get me banned. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rocketboy
03-31-2007, 10:11 PM
My comments about Talladega are not meant to be a total put down, because I agree the movie DOES have some good moments. To me though, they were too few and far between, while so many other people I know seemed to think it was hilarious. :confused:

Will Ferrell was at his zenith with Anchorman and will never top it, so I didn't expect Talladega to do that, but it was a real let down for me.Gotta agree. Talladega was a total let down. I remember people saying it better than Anchorman. Pfffft! Yeah right. I haven't really cared to watch it a second time yet.

Like you cats said, there are good moments, but they are definitely few and far between.

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 10:13 PM
I definitely want to see it again in the theater, it really cracked me up so many times. It's a dumb movie, natch, but very funny. lol

Okay cool. I'll make my best efforts to see it in the theater then.

Oh I understand, and I agree. I don't believe I have watched Talladega since seeing it in the theater. I do remember some pretty funny scenes though. John C Reilly was great.

Will Ferrell was at his zenith with Anchorman and will never top it, so I didn't expect Talladega to do that, but it was a real let down for me. Blades of Glory, on the other hand, was hilarious. lol lol lol

Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy was amazing, though I hope he does top it at some point. It would be rather depressing to think that his performances and roles would only get worse, in a sense. It will be difficult though, not gonna argue with that. :yes:

How does Fisher do? Well, if I typed out my reaction here it would get me banned. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

lol :thumbsup:

Speaking of Fischer, I'm recording Slither in HD right now. I've been wanting to watch this one again for a while now, just never found the time to break out the dvd. It'll be sweet to check it out in HD; I'm excited. :D Maybe I'll be able to spot Kauffman now, since I couldn't on the dvd. :)

General_Grievous
04-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Finished watching Fight Club. That was a f***ed up movie. A really good movie, but pretty f***ed up.

I might also catch a showing of TMNT today and go to the theater again tomorrow to see Blades of Glory after reading that good review from Caesar.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Two movies for me: "The Pursuit of Happyness"- Very good uplifting movie. Smith is pretty fantastic and his son does a great job.

"The Prestige"- very awesome flick with solid performances all around with a TWISTED ending. I enjoyed it, but when it comes to recent magic movies, "The Illusionist" takes the cake. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
"The Prestige"- very awesome flick with solid performances all around with a TWISTED ending. I enjoyed it, but when it comes to recent magic movies, "The Illusionist" takes the cake. :thumbsup:

I really liked both The Prestige and The Illusionist. If I had to pick which one I liked better, I'd have to agree with you and say The Illusionist.

I watched an outstanding movie last night; Children of Men. Fantastic movie, all around. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

pbarnard
04-01-2007, 04:38 PM
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe Special Edition

I did like Narnia with the extra stuff, a few things at the battle sequence, a little bit of extra walking/exposing scenes.

Kidhuman
04-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Watched when a stranger calls last night. I would have rather sit on my hand for 90 minutes and given myself a stranger

UKWildcat
04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Watched when a stranger calls last night. I would have rather sit on my hand for 90 minutes and given myself a stranger

OMG!!! You did not just say that. lol lol lol

The remake I'm assuming, and not the original kh?

lol

Kidhuman
04-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Yes, the remake

General_Grievous
04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I saw TMNT last night, posted my thoughts in that thread.

Also, I forgot to mention that two days ago, I watched parts of both License to Drive (starring Feldman and Haim) and Slither on TV. I was too tired to finish Slither, and License to Drive was too corny for me.

General_Grievous
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
I just watched Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny. I thought it was pretty funny, especially the Sasquatch scene. But does Tim Robbins have to cameo in everything?

Rocketboy
04-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Just finished Grandma's Boy. pretty funny, but not much in terms of a plot. The main character looked a lot like Mel Gibson.

Kidhuman
04-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Watched Land of the Dead last night. Horrid movie. Left a bad taste in my plate for Zombie Flicks. Good thing I went to Starz and caught Dawn of the Dead afterwards to leave a Zombie Prime Rib tatse.

UKWildcat
04-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Watched Land of the Dead last night. Horrid movie. Left a bad taste in my plate for Zombie Flicks.

*ducks as Caesar approaches*

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-02-2007, 11:29 PM
*ducks as Caesar approaches*

Eff that, you forgot about the OTHER ZOMBIE FANATIC: How could you say LOTD was bad?!!?!?!?!? Great movie!!! Gory! Funny! Political satire/messages!! And if you're familar with the Romero flicks, it's the perfect evolution of the zombie hordes!!!

and the new DOTD is garbage compared to the old one. It's a good flick on its own, but in comparison to its original, not even a comparison. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Eff that, you forgot about the OTHER ZOMBIE FANATIC:

:(

No offense intended. I've just seen Caesar almost resort to violence defending LOTD. But, I should have mentioned you as well JMG, and for not doing that, I sincerely apologize. :sad:

:)

and the new DOTD is garbage compared to the old one. It's a good flick on its own, but in comparison to its original, not even a comparison. :thumbsup:

Couldn't have said it any better myself. :yes:

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 12:40 AM
TMNT last Tuesday. I'll discuss in that thread.

Tried to watch the first three movies afterward. I got through the first, but Secret of the Ooze and III were too much for me. I used to think they were decent, with forgiveable flaws, but, damn, all three suck. The first is watchable, but not nearly as good as I'd remembered.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2007, 08:14 AM
:(

No offense intended. I've just seen Caesar almost resort to violence defending LOTD. But, I should have mentioned you as well JMG, and for not doing that, I sincerely apologize. :sad:

hehehe, not a problem and no offense taken! :thumbsup: But I am REALLY curious about Caesar resorting to violence!?!?! do tell! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
04-03-2007, 11:31 AM
TMNT last Tuesday. I'll discuss in that thread.

Tried to watch the first three movies afterward. I got through the first, but Secret of the Ooze and III were too much for me. I used to think they were decent, with forgiveable flaws, but, damn, all three suck. The first is watchable, but not nearly as good as I'd remembered.

I'm with you on the second and third films. Those were unforgivable, especially the Vanilla Ice cameo. But I think the first one is still pretty good. You'd expect it to be an unbelievably bad movie, but it ain't that bad at all. I still like it.

I'm going to watch The Prestige tonight, so I'll post my thoughts on that soon.

UKWildcat
04-03-2007, 11:50 AM
But I am REALLY curious about Caesar resorting to violence!?!?! do tell! :thumbsup:

Ha ha, well I'm sure I exaggerated a tad - but I do remember someone bashing that movie a while back, might have been in this thread, might have been in another, and Caesar let 'em have it. Got real defensive. Punches could have been thrown, but I don't remember exactly. :D

lol

Anyways, we should ask him. I'm sure he remembers better than I. Actually, now that I think about it, he probably won't remember it at all. ;)

BountyHunterScum
04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Punisher Extended Cut.

Rocketboy
04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Punisher Extended Cut.What did you think of it?
I love the regular release and I've had the Extended Cut since it came out, but I haven't made time to watch it yet.

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 12:31 PM
More of Marvel only slightly topping the Dolph Lundgren version? :D

BountyHunterScum
04-03-2007, 01:54 PM
The extended cut blows the original version completely out of the water and into orbit. This one has it all including Jimmy Weeks that spineless scumbag crooked FBI agent. A couple of the useless scenes like John Saint's model girlfriend and walking out of the strip-joint to the Cobra were cut because they were crap anyway. It adds even more depth to the movie. Thomas Jane works as Frank Castle, hell even Dolph Lundgren worked but not as well as Jane does. One because Jane is Castle's actual height six feet, two the Skull is present and three unlike the first one you actually feel remorse for the Castle family and then glad when the bad guys get what is coming to them. when the previews came out for this movie back in 2003 or so I thought Harry Heck was the guy from EL Mariachi but it was Mark Collie (who just happens to look like the other guy) from several Steven Segals flicks plus he is a real country singer.

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
El Mariachi is a much better revenge flick than both of the Punisher movies combined.

Hmmm... why couldn't Rodriguez direct a Punisher movie?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2007, 02:28 PM
"The Night Listener"- Had some decent expectations for this one and found it was medicore. It has some great creepy/suspenseful/WTF moments, but the ending lacked closure and it felt too short (only 81 minutes). Still, Robin Williams does play a great serious actor when he's given the chance. Gotta give him props; it was all fault of the script.

tonight is "The U.S. vs. John Lennon." Really excited about this one. :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
El Mariachi is a much better revenge flick than both of the Punisher movies combined.

Hmmm... why couldn't Rodriguez direct a Punisher movie?

I disagree, Punisher Extended is the best.

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 03:43 PM
But an extended version of Punisher is, to me, like an extended Daredevil. Sure, everyone can tell me it's better. (And, believe me, everyone on earth has told me to watch the extended Daredevil.) But the original wasn't good enough to make me watch a longer version to find out if it's indeed better. :)

UKWildcat
04-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm currently in the middle of an Entourage Season 3 marathon. I picked up the set earlier today and so far I've watched 9 episodes. :crazed: I'm supposed to be working on a paper but I can't stop watching this show. :nerv:

BountyHunterScum
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
But an extended version of Punisher is, to me, like an extended Daredevil. Sure, everyone can tell me it's better. (And, believe me, everyone on earth has told me to watch the extended Daredevil.) But the original wasn't good enough to make me watch a longer version to find out if it's indeed better. :)

I don't really like daredevil and I don't have the extended one.

Rocketboy
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
The extended cut blows the original version completely out of the water and into orbit. This one has it all including Jimmy Weeks that spineless scumbag crooked FBI agent.Awesome. I'm not sure why I haven't watched it yet. It's a little embarrassing that I haven't since I love the theatrical version so much. I did watch the animated opening when I bought it (very cool).
Good to hear they put the Jimmy Weeks subplot back in. It was in the novelization and comic adaption.

General_Grievous
04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Just finished The Prestige. I thought it was very good, despite the fact that I nicknamed it Batman vs. Wolverine. They were really playing grabass with each other the whole movie. Great acting from Bale, Jackman, Caine, and Scarlett J. And the ending was great, too.

UKWildcat
04-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm currently in the middle of an Entourage Season 3 marathon. I picked up the set earlier today and so far I've watched 9 episodes. :crazed: I'm supposed to be working on a paper but I can't stop watching this show. :nerv:

Well, I ended up watching the entire Entourage Season 3, pt.1 dvd yesterday. :crazed:

..... and now for that paper. :D

UKWildcat
04-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Just finished The Prestige. I thought it was very good, despite the fact that I nicknamed it Batman vs. Wolverine. They were really playing grabass with each other the whole movie. Great acting from Bale, Jackman, Caine, and Scarlett J. And the ending was great, too.

Have you seen The Illusionist GG? If so, how do you think it stacks up to The Prestige? If not, watch it and let us know!!!

JMG and I prefer The illusionist to The Prestige (I'm pretty sure he does anyways), not sure about the other folks who have seen both?!?!?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Have you seen The Illusionist GG? If so, how do you think it stacks up to The Prestige? If not, watch it and let us know!!!

JMG and I prefer The illusionist to The Prestige (I'm pretty sure he does anyways), not sure about the other folks who have seen both?!?!?

Yeah, I prefer TI to the Prestige. Both are great movies, but TI just hits me harder than TP.

And JBFF dropped me a line UK: There is a 2-disc edition of "The Illusionist" due out in June. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-04-2007, 11:40 PM
And JBFF dropped me a line UK: There is a 2-disc edition of "The Illusionist" due out in June. :thumbsup:

AWWW Hell Yeah!!!! I knew there was a reason I didn't go out and buy that immediately after watching it. I'll be all over that release! Awesome news! Thanks JMG, and JBFF! :thumbsup:

Btw, WTF has happened to JBFF? :confused: I haven't talked to him in what seems like years. I hope he is alright. :sad:

Kidhuman
04-05-2007, 07:09 AM
JBFF graduated schol and since then doesnt seem to have time for us here anymore.

Slicker is in Japan eating Sushi at this moment.

UKWildcat
04-05-2007, 10:51 AM
JBFF graduated schol and since then doesnt seem to have time for us here anymore.

Ohhh, ok. I see how it is. :mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Ohhh, ok. I see how it is. :mad:

He's at home now and doesn't play on the internet much as I think he has a few brothers and limited connection. I'll tell him that he's on your list now. :thumbsup:

I watched "The U.S. vs. John Lennon" a few days back and LOVED it. It's a really fascinating documentary about Lennons activism during the Vietnam era and the attempts to get him deported/arrest him. Very good flick. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
04-05-2007, 11:47 AM

I've seen parts of The Illusionist, and I liked what I saw. I also like Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti as actors, so I think I'll watch the whole movie in the near future.

UKWildcat
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
He's at home now and doesn't play on the internet much as I think he has a few brothers and limited connection. I'll tell him that he's on your list now.

Not a good enough excuse! :mad: Yea, he's definitely on the list. :mad::mad:

;)

I think I'll watch the whole movie in the near future.

You most definitely should! Be sure to let us know your thoughts and how you liked with regards to The Prestige.

I've actually watched a bunch of stuff the past couple of days. :crazed:
Here are the ones I can think of:
The Wizard of Oz - w/ my niece
Alien - HD
The Rock - HD
Scream - HD
SAW I
SAW II

Putting on SAW III right now.

I plan on relaxing and watching a bunch of movies this weekend now that I finished my 10 page research paper.

JetsAndHeels
04-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Just getting back from seeing Grindhouse. I enjoyed it, both parts and all. The "previews" were good too. :)

General_Grievous
04-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I too saw Grindhouse. I posted my thoughts in the thread. I really enjoyed it. I even liked it more than 300, so I guess that makes it my favorite movie of '07 (so far...)

2-1B
04-06-2007, 10:39 PM
The Good Shepard - pretty disappointing.

UKWildcat
04-07-2007, 01:52 AM
The Good Shepard - pretty diappointing.

Really? Well thats disappointing to hear. What didn't you like about it (no spoilers please)? I believe I have that one coming from Netflix tomorrow, so I'll try and get to it this weekend and post my thoughts. It's got a pretty stellar cast, so I'm atleast looking forward to that.

I just finished up watching Casino Royale for the first time. I thought this was a fantastic movie. Homeboy did a great job as Bond, I was really impressed. This one easily ranks into the top as far as Bond movies go. I haven't seen a majority of the older ones, but this one is much better than most of the more recent ones. I really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

2-1B
04-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Really? Well thats disappointing to hear. What didn't you like about it (no spoilers please)? I believe I have that one coming from Netflix tomorrow, so I'll try and get to it this weekend and post my thoughts. It's got a pretty stellar cast, so I'm at least looking forward to that.

Without spoilers, I'll just say I thought it was slow moving...and I often like slow moving movies so I was surprised that I couldn't really get into this one that much. The cast is indeed stellar, no doubts there.

The hype they gave to this movie is criminal in my opinion because marketing attached the quote "the Godfather of CIA movies" which IMHO it clearly was not...so I was looking around online and I found reference to the quote being clipped from the longer quote of "for the first 50 minutes I thought DeNiro made the Godfather of CIA movies." Yeah, um, big difference :D considering the movie is almost 2 hours and 50 minutes long so that's 2 hours of non-Godfather-ness. lol

I might watch it again though to see if I can get into it more. Let me know what you think of it. :)

I just finished up watching Casino Royale for the first time. I thought this was a fantastic movie. Homeboy did a great job as Bond, I was really impressed. This one easily ranks into the top as far as Bond movies go. I haven't seen a majority of the older ones, but this one is much better than most of the more recent ones. I really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

I have to rent this thing because I keep hearing from just about everyone how good it was. I didn't much care for much of the recent Bond films so I'm okay with a relaunch of the series.

JimJamBonds
04-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Eariler today I took down Blades of Glory with Mr. Caesar. It was the second viewing for the both of us and I have to say I still enjoyed it.

General_Grievous
04-08-2007, 01:12 AM
I watched Click on starz. I saw it in theaters before. I think it's a pretty good movie. Gets to be kind of sad near the end, though...

Rocketboy
04-08-2007, 02:21 AM
I also saw Blades of Glory tonight.
First Will Ferrell makes the very overrated Talladega Nights, then he makes this movie...

and totally redeems himself!
:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
First Will Ferrell makes the very overrated Talladega Nights, then he makes this movie...

and totally redeems himself!
:thumbsup:

Thats how the lone wolf rides!

Slicker
04-09-2007, 04:11 AM
I saw Blades of Glory last night.

Holy carp!!! That's all I can say.

That movie was hilarious and I can't wait for the next showing (movies are only $3 on base :p ). It was a good movie and because there were some drunks behind us being stupidly loud. Don't worry though. Ol' Slick chewed those little pricks out like no other (seriously)!!!

Rocketboy
04-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Grindhouse - Posted my thoughts on the double awesomeness/single total crapness of it.

The other day I finally made myself watch The Punisher: Extended Cut. Great stuff. The reinstated Jimmy Weeks plots line played out really nice, but the scene in Weeks' apartment almost made Frank come across bad. And as much as I love the movie, Travolta is still painful to watch in it.

UKWildcat
04-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Yesterday I caught 300 again in the theater. Excellent film, loved it even more.

I also watched Hostel. I'm really curious to see what Hostel II has in store for us.

I followed up Hostel with a viewing of Old School. I probably haven't seen Old School in about a year and I completely forgot how hilarious that movie is. I mean, of course I remember it being funny and all, but it was constant hilarity. Maybe I just needed a break from it. "Cheeeeeese..." ;)@Caesar. As far as Will Farrell acting, Frank the Tank has got to rank up there right behind Ron Burgundy. I haven't seen Blades yet so I don't know how good a job he does in that one.

General_Grievous
04-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm watching all of my Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVDs. I'm pumped up for the movie on Friday.

Rocketboy
04-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Watched TMNT before work today. Much better than expected and some of the animation was insanely well done. Its a good thing I'm not 11 anymore or my head would probably exploded.

JimJamBonds
04-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Tora Tora Tora and Jim Gaffigan Beyond the Pale.

Rocketboy
04-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Watched Mike Judge's Idiocracy last night. Not bad, but I can see why it was shelved for so long.

2-1B
04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm watching all of my Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVDs. I'm pumped up for the movie on Friday.

did you go out and decorate your town with promotional light up signs for this movie?

General_Grievous
04-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but the people in my town had the common sense to know that they weren't explosive devices, so I got off scott free. :D