PDA

View Full Version : What have you watched recently?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

JetsAndHeels
11-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I rented Live Free or Die Hard last night. Some really good non-stop action and over the top stunts.
A couple of the characters, including Kevin Smith, were action-figure collectors and geeks like alot of people we may know.
This is a definite renter. Think I'll wait till there is a boxed set with all of them included before I buy.

I watched it last night too. Thought it was a very good flick. I like how Mcclane picks up the spawn figure and breaks the arm off and says "super glue it."
Also when he is looking at the Boba Fett standup and Kevin Smith says "you a fan of the fett?" :)

TeeEye7
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Sat down to watch Fantastic 4 on HBO last night. Cool thing about that was it was Mrs. TI7's idea that I watch it with her. :thumbsup: For what ever reason, she loves the Marvel series of movies (X-Men, Spiderman, and F4). No wonder I married her! :D

DarthQuack
11-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Watching my alumni play in a hockey tournament on a webcast....of course if I had been smart being that I had the week off I should have gone up for a couple nights and crashed at my fraternity.

El Chuxter
11-24-2007, 02:40 AM
The Dunst movie where she plays a cheerleader, that's like a black-comedy mockumentary (Drop Dead Gorgeous?) is quite funny.

I saw Talladega Nights last night. I have not laughed that hard at a movie in many, many years. "Dear sweet baby Jesus, sitting there watching yer Baby Einstein educational videos...."

2-1B
11-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Curb Your Enthusiasm marathon and currently Slither again.

Chux my reaction to Talladega Nights was the complete opposite. :D

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Watched Hostle last night

Rocketboy
11-24-2007, 08:37 AM
I saw Talladega Nights last night. I have not laughed that hard at a movie in many, many years. "Dear sweet baby Jesus, sitting there watching yer Baby Einstein educational videos...."Worst. Will. Ferrell. Movie. Ever.
I think I chuckled twice during the entire movie.

And you hated Clerks 2...*sigh* What is this world coming to?

;)

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 09:26 AM
I thought Talladega Nights was alot better than Clerks 2. Clerks 2 was kind of boring, not nearly as funny as the original or other KS movies

General_Grievous
11-24-2007, 10:42 AM
For the record, I thought "Talladega Nights" was much funnier than "Blades of Glory".

"Here, we'll use this knife to pry out the other one."

UKWildcat
11-24-2007, 11:05 AM
For the record, I enjoyed Talladega Nights (as most of you probably know by now); of course I have only seen it one time, in the theater, which was a pretty long time ago. I need to revisit it sometime soon to see if my opinion has changed over the months. I enjoyed Clerks 2 as well, but with that said, it was still one of my least favorite Kevin Smith movies. If I had to choose right now, I'd probably pick TN over Clerks 2 with regards to which one I liked more. I haven't seen Blades of Glory yet; I've heard good things about it but I've also heard plenty of bad things about it too. I'm kind of scared to watch it. lol

Watched The Reaping last night. This movie was alright. I enjoyed a good chunk of the movie but there were also some parts that I didn't really care for (most of them happening towards the end). The idea/plot and most of the acting was pretty good, some decent special effects too, but the movie still fell short in some areas, and overall. The movie did a have a decent twist, which I predicted btw. ;) But anyways, I didn't hate it, didn't love it, so yeah... it was okay. I could recommend it, but keep your expectations in check.
And I gotta agree with JAH with regards to what he said about Swank portraying a female. :yes:

Over Thanksgiving I also watched some seasonal episodes of different shows, like I always do. Watched a Thanksgiving episode of Scrubs, That 70's Show, some Friends episodes, and South Park with the retarded turkey Goobles; I'm not a big South Park fan, but damn does that episode ever crack me up. lol :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I watched the Friends T-Day episodes also. They are pretty funny. Also started getting the season sets for the Mrs. I enjoythe sow, but she loves it.

El Chuxter
11-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Worst Will Ferrell movie ever?

Have you forgotten Wedding Crashers so soon?

BTW, Clerks 2 failed because it was so inconsistent in its comedy style. As a sequel to the totally ground-based Clerks, it should've been absolutely believable. But half the humor looks like it should've been in the animated series. Also, well, at this point he's trying too hard to make Jay and Silent Bob funny again.

Like JG or not, you have to admit that he at least stretched his wings on that one and proved he could do movies without Jay and Silent Bob.

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Worst Will Ferrell movie ever?

Have you forgotten Wedding Crashers so soon?

Crashers isnt a Will Ferrel movie, he basically does a cameo in it. The worst Ferrel Movie ever is Bewitched. That movie sucked

2-1B
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Crashers is still a great movie and Ferrell's cameo is one of my favorite parts. :grin:

Of his starring roles, I rank his best films as follows:

1) Anchorman - definitely his best film
2) Old School
3) A Night at the Roxbury
4) Blades of Glory
5) Elf

Well, I suppose 2-5 are interchangeable depending on my mood but Anchorman is definitely his best work ever. It will probably never be topped, but Blades of Glory was a very good redemption after that POS Talladega.

El Chuxter
11-24-2007, 04:13 PM
It's possible that the reason I like TN and y'all don't is that I grew up around that sort of idiots.

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 06:52 PM
It's possible that the reason I like TN and y'all don't is that I grew up around that sort of idiots.

Very good point EC. Maybe why myself and UK think its damn funny also.

2-1B
11-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Hits too close to home with the rednecks...painful. And unfunny.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Watched Hostle last night

and what did you think? The first one is a complete letdown, especially after hearing about how gory and fantastic it was. I was really bored the entire time. :whip:

"Talledega Nights" is hysterical simply for its great spoofing of the nascar genre and its stereotypes. Great flick!!

Caught "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" thanks to my niece and nephew this weekend and it stunk. Just a bad, unfunny film that is pretty prejudice and biggoted. Avoid it like the plague.

Also saw "No Country For Old Men" and loved every second of it. Based off Cormac McCarthy's novel, It's a pretty solid crime film where a texas man (Josh Brolin) finds the remains of a drug deal gone bad along with 2 million in cash. He is soon hunted by a hitman (Javier Bardem). It's an incredibly shot, suspenseful thriller and Bardem is fantastic as his portrayal of the hitman is so ungodly creepy and unnerving. Tommy Lee Jones is in the film as a small town sherrif piecing together what's going on. The entire film is just superb and it's easily the best film the Coen brothers have done. Rating- **** out of ****

Hoping to catch "the Mist" this week sometime. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
and what did you think? The first one is a complete letdown, especially after hearing about how gory and fantastic it was. I was really bored the entire time. :whip:

I thought it was OK at best. It could have been alot better and more gory. I dont even know if I will bother with part 2 unless there is absolutely nothing on at the time it is.

2-1B
11-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Caught "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" thanks to my niece and nephew this weekend and it stunk. Just a bad, unfunny film that is pretty prejudice and biggoted. Avoid it like the plague.

How so? :confused: Yeah it's crass but it has some heart to it. :)

Also saw "No Country For Old Men" and loved every second of it. Based off Cormac McCarthy's novel, It's a pretty solid crime film where a texas man (Josh Brolin) finds the remains of a drug deal gone bad along with 2 million in cash. He is soon hunted by a hitman (Javier Bardem). It's an incredibly shot, suspenseful thriller and Bardem is fantastic as his portrayal of the hitman is so ungodly creepy and unnerving. Tommy Lee Jones is in the film as a small town sherrif piecing together what's going on. The entire film is just superb and it's easily the best film the Coen brothers have done. Rating- **** out of ****

Agreed on all points of its awesomeness, I loved this movie as well. :thumbsup: Disagree on it easily being the best by the Coens, that crown is worn by The Big Lebowski. I will declare this one to be my 2nd favorite of theirs, though. :)

Hoping to catch "the Mist" this week sometime. :thumbsup:

I saw that movie as well, I really liked the film but the CGI was pretty bad at times and it almost took me out of the film. It was good overall, though. It's tanking at the box office, from what I've heard.

DarthQuack
11-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Subscribed to WWE 24/7 Online....currently watching the first episodes of Monday Night RAW.

UKWildcat
11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Just got through watching Knocked Up again. Love this movie! :thumbsup:

Also watched The Return last night on HBO, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. I fell asleep a few times while watching it, probably because I was tired, but the movie was pretty boring too. Overall I'd have to say this movie was pretty bad, but again, I did miss some of it. Watch at your own risk. :neutral:

Good to hear about the awesomeness of No Country for Old Men. I'm going to try my damnedest to catch it in the theater but I have a really busy next few weeks; hopefully it'll stay in the theaters around here through Christmas. :nerv:

General_Grievous
11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Just got through watching Knocked Up again. Love this movie! :thumbsup:

Speak of the devil. I just watched it again this afternoon.

2-1B
11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Good to hear about the awesomeness of No Country for Old Men. I'm going to try my damnedest to catch it in the theater but I have a really busy next few weeks; hopefully it'll stay in the theaters around here through Christmas. :nerv:

Worth a look on the big screen my friend, I hope you can find the time. :)

JimJamBonds
11-26-2007, 11:09 PM

Worth a look on the big screen my friend, I hope you can find the time. :)

Just make sure to leave before the false ending.

Ji'dai
11-27-2007, 09:10 AM
A woman returns to Russia to take possession of the family farmhouse that she inheirited, but soon learns that something that lurks within in it intends to take possession of her in The Abandoned. I picked this one up at the library so my investment was more one of time than money and I thought it was a decent ghost story. Although I probably wouldn't describe it with such high praise, the film was one of After Dark Film's "8 Films to Die For" during the HorrorFest movie festival in 2006.

El Chuxter
11-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Idiocracy. Well, half of it. Luke Wilson plays a schmoe who's frozen and thawed out in a future where the human race is so incredibly stupid that he's the smartest by miles and has to convince the people that plants shouldn't be watered with Gatorade. Oh, and Stifler plays an American Gladiator styled executioner, and the Sandman is in it. All directed by Mike Judge.

Sounds funnier on paper. A lot funnier on paper. It's tough to believe this POS came from the same guy who has brought us Beavis and Butt-Head, King of the Hill, and Office Space. I remember reading about it when it was in pre-production, then wondering months later why it didn't hit theaters and went straight to video. Now I know. It shouldn't even have been released on video. This is an embarassment to Mr Judge's otherwise stellar career.

It's still better than Transformers, though.

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Watched Dawn of the Dead remake (HD-DVD) yesterday. This is actually a good movie. Not the best remake, and not nearly as good as the original, but if you take that away, the movie by itself is not bad... its quite good. I enjoy almost everything about it. The Mekhi Phifer and pregnant girlfriend thing was kind of obnoxious but the way it all played out was good (bullets for all). I like what Zach Snyder did with this movie, and it somehow slipped from my memory that James Gunn wrote the screenplay. The HD-DVD transfer was awesome btw, well worth the upgrade.

Last night I watched Transformers (HD-DVD) for the first time. I didn't think it was all that bad either. Sure it was cheesy at times and the dialogue was quite bland at times but I can forgive that, hell, I can even expect that for a summer blockbuster popcorn movie. Of course I was never a big fan of the Transformers toys or cartoons when I was younger, that was my brothers thing; my brother watched the movie with me last night and he enjoyed it as well. But because I was never a fan, I am probably not as critical as most. The movie definitely has some flaws, but it has some positive qualities as well. I'm not a huge fan of Michael Bay, I don't despise him either, but I can say with confidence that The Rock is truly an awesome movie and some quality film making. Anyways, I thought Shia did a good job, Megan Fox and Rachael Taylor were amazing, for several reasons. :lipsrsealed: I love some John Turturro so I was pleasantly surprised to see him. I can see how some of the fight sequences, and the choreography of the sequences, would be seen as blurry and possibly confusing, but I was watching this movie in glorious High Definition so everything was crystal clear and easy to make out. The video transfer was amazing and is easily one of the better looking titles that I have come across for HD-DVD. Like I said, the movie has some flaws but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting... I enjoyed it... for the most part.

And I am one of the few unfortunate people that has seen Idiocracy in its entirety and there is no way in hell that Transformers is worse than that horrible excuse for film making. Sorry Chux, I usually agree with you, and I respect your opinion, but come on man.... ;)

So after Transformers I watched Hot Rod (HD-DVD). I didn't really know much about this movie before watching it, I just new it was SNL affiliated. This movie actually turned out to be a pretty good little comedy. Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher and Ian McShane star and they all are likable and give pretty good performances. Rico (Danny McBride) was awesome, I'd love to see this guy in some more stuff. Will Arnett played a pretty good role too. If any of you are wondering, the movie is about Rod Kimble (Andy Samberg), who is a stuntman, similar to that of the late Evel Knievel, who has to raise $50,000 for his father's heart operation. It was kind of strange having and watching that movie last night after hearing about Knievels passing. :( But yeah, this movie was a decent little comedy, worthy of a look. The HD-DVD transfer wasn't the best, but I wasn't expecting the best either; it still looked pretty good though.

2-1B
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Heading out soon to watch Hitman and Awake.

Looking forward to both...

DarthQuack
12-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Watched a couple of Christmas specials today, The Christmas Toy, an old Muppet production from the 80's and Mickey's Christmas Carol. Two nice classics to start off the holiday season. Also in the middle of Home Alone.

General_Grievous
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Heading out soon to watch Hitman and Awake.

Looking forward to both...

A double-feature, eh? I've got one planned for the 21st to watch "Sweeney Todd" and "Walk Hard". Should be a fun day at the movies.

2-1B
12-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Yep, and both were rather enjoyable in their own ways! :)

H-Christ is back. :thumbsup:

And Timothy Olyphant in Hitman, good lord. lol That's the 5th different level of sleaziness I've seen that guy pull off. :crazed: One of my favorite actors. :thumbsup:

Slicker
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I watched Superbad the other day. For some reaso I know that the movie is completely stupid but it's freakin' hilarious! Just some of the lines in it had me rollin'.

McLovin' has to be the best fake ID name ever!

TeeEye7
12-02-2007, 11:55 AM
After a zillion years of trying, I finally saw Seven Samurai in its entirety last night!
*Whew!* A four hour film!

Kinda reminded me of the Magnificent Seven! ;)

JimJamBonds
12-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Finished watching How I Met Your Mother Season II last night.

Rocketboy
12-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Just finished giving the unrated versions of Live Free or Die Hard and Superbad second viewings.
:thumbsup:

Die Hard had a lot more cussin' but I didn't notice anything different in Superbad.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Just finished giving the unrated versions of Live Free or Die Hard and Superbad second viewings.

Die Hard had a lot more cussin' but I didn't notice anything different in Superbad.

in SB, several of the scenes are extended: Evan and Seth talking during the gym soccer match, Seth talking to his blood brother at the party, the cops talking to Mindy at the store, etc.

I need to rewatch it though as i've had too many interruptions to enjoy a complete viewing, and i'm only like an hour and 20 minutes into it. :whip:

Rocketboy
12-05-2007, 08:00 PM
in SB, several of the scenes are extended: Evan and Seth talking during the gym soccer match, Seth talking to his blood brother at the party, the cops talking to Mindy at the store, etc.Those were extended? Huh. Could've fooled me.

It was the same thing with Old School and the 40-Year-Old Virgin - I didn't notice anything different than what I saw in the theater.

That's the problem with all these "Unrated" DVDs: 2 or 3 tiny unnoticeable extra parts.
And the only reason they're unrated is because they don't resubmit the movie for a rating and to drive up sales.

Too bad there isn't a website that tells you exactly what the new footage is in these DVDs.

2-1B
12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Blades of Glory for the 2nd time this week...I love this movie.

UKWildcat
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Blades of Glory for the 2nd time this week...I love this movie.

We actually received that a couple of days ago from Netflix but the disc was damaged and would not play, now we have to wait for a replacement to arrive.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Those were extended? Huh. Could've fooled me.

It was the same thing with Old School and the 40-Year-Old Virgin - I didn't notice anything different than what I saw in the theater.

That's the problem with all these "Unrated" DVDs: 2 or 3 tiny unnoticeable extra parts.
And the only reason they're unrated is because they don't resubmit the movie for a rating and to drive up sales.

Too bad there isn't a website that tells you exactly what the new footage is in these DVDs.

Still, I enjoyed all of the unrated cuts. I have a decent memory, so I can pinpoint where the scenes are extended. In 40YOV, one of the best additions to the unrated cut is all of the banter between the employees at the electronics store. A good deal of that wasn't in the theatrical versions.

Been watching a lot of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM lately as I got all five seasons few weeks ago along with seasons 1-2 of EXTRAS. I haven't opened up EXTRAS yet which is good as the christmas special/series finale that airs on HBO in a few weeks is ONLY going to available through a complete series box set that's due out in January. Gonna take back seasons 1-2 tomorrow/this weekend and just buy the series set in january. BS, I tell ya. :upset:

also getting my Sigur Ros documentary, HEIMA, on friday and i couldn't be more excited. Going to have a few drinks and watch it on friday night. it'll be a nice change of pace from the end of the semester papers, final exams and grading of 100 papers I'm dealing with now. :thumbsup:

2-1B
12-05-2007, 08:44 PM
We actually received that a couple of days ago from Netflix but the disc was damaged and would not play, now we have to wait for a replacement to arrive.

Will this be your first time ?

Watch it thrice, there are tons of good lines in that one. :D

UKWildcat
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Will this be your first time ?

Watch it thrice, there are tons of good lines in that one. :D

Yes, I am a Blades of Glory virgin. I know you love the movie Cae, but I have also heard it is quite bad, from some people on here too I believe. Either way, I am looking forward to checking it out... whenever the replacement arrives.

2-1B
12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Honestly I don't mean to harp but there are probably 50 or more lines in that movie that crack me up. I am too lazy to make a list but believe me, I find it highly rewatchable. :grin:

To each his or her own, though...;)

Kidhuman
12-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I loved BoG. Damn funny movie

Rocketboy
12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I loved Blades of Glory also.
It isn't Will Ferrell's best, but it totally made up for Talladega Nights.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-05-2007, 09:09 PM
disagree; BoG was a one trick pony that got old really fast. TN was FAR funnier. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
disagree; BoG was a one trick pony that got old really fast. TN was FAR funnier. :thumbsup:iN bIZZARO wORLD

:D

2-1B
12-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I agree with JMG's one trick comment, except that I would add 49 more tricks to that pony. :D :D :D

General_Grievous
12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
disagree; BoG was a one trick pony that got old really fast. TN was FAR funnier. :thumbsup:

I'll side with you on this. I enjoyed "Talladega Nights" much more than "Blades of Glory". Maybe because all Will Ferrell had to work with was Jon Heder. Ferrell needs John C. Reilly or Paul Rudd (or even...dare I say it...Chris Kattan) to counter balance his comedy. Sure he's done some funny stuff alone (like "Elf"), but when he's with the Frat Pack, it's just so much better.

Rocketboy
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I compared the rated (who buys rated versions anyway?) and unrated versions of Superbad today. The unrated is 5 minutes longer (113 min to 118 min).

General_Grievous
12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
who buys rated versions anyway?

I honestly have no idea why they released a rated version of Superbad. Nobody is going to buy it. You would think that they released the rated version because of parents who wouldn't buy unrated movies, but Superbad has got way too much adult content in its R rated version anyway.

2-1B
12-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Hot Rod...it was okay.

Not great, not bad, just okay.

DarthQuack
12-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Started Dr. No last night, as I've never seen any Bond films without Pierce so I picked up two volumes of the ultimate collection.

General_Grievous
12-08-2007, 11:23 AM
I watched two movies in the theater yesterday.

The first was The Golden Compass, which I saw early in the afternoon. It was alright. The only things I really liked were the daemons and the polar bear fight. That was awesome. But since I didn't read the book, I didn't interpret any anti-Christian overtones. Maybe I just wasn't looking at the bigger picture. But anyway, the movie was "good, not great". On the overall list of fantasy films adapted from books that I've seen, here's how I would rank it:

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy
2. Harry Potter films
3. Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
4. The Golden Compass

At least it's much better than that piece of carp "Eragon".

The second, which I saw last night, was Awake. I was sort of press-ganged into seeing it with my friends. I saw it for free at my friend's movie theater so that was a plus. Overall, I thought it started off boring, but it turned into a great suspense movie once the surgery scene started. And the ending was great. Hayden Christensen didn't do a bad job, and neither did Jessica Alba. It was better than I expected it to be.

2-1B
12-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Double G I heard the filmmakers of Compass "toned down" some of the alleged atheism or whatever...haven't seen it myself, though, nor have I read the book so I don't know either way. :)

I'm watching Walk the Line again, great movie this one. Kinda like a prequel to the upcoming Walk Hard. lol lol lol

UKWildcat
12-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Watched Live Free or Die Hard last night. This movie was pretty good, a lot better than I expected. It was good to see John McClane back in action. The cast in this one was pretty good. Justin Long did a great job I thought. Olyphant was good as usual... although I didn't like him as the villain; Seth Bullock, villain? don't like it. ;) But yeah, he did a good job. I liked Kevin Smith, I mean, Warlock, I completely forgot he was in this movie, even after seeing his name in the credits, but when he made his appearance, it was good. Anyways, some of the stunts in this one were pretty ridiculous, to say the least, but they were still very enjoyable nonetheless. I thought the director, Len Wiseman (Underworld I and II) did a good job too, and I have to give him some extra props for being married to Kate Beckinsale. This movie was quite good I thought, it kind of surprised me, and I can definitely recommend it to all, especially those of you who are fans of the series. :thumbsup:

After that one I also watched Blades of Glory (HD-DVD). I thought this movie was alright. Will Ferrell totally made the movie; if it wasn't for him then the movie would have probably sucked something awful. I don't know if that says a lot about Will Ferrell, or the lack of support around him. But anyways, Jon Heder, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler were all forgettable, nothing special going on with their characters. I did like Jenna Fischer, of course... she did a good job, and looked really good. The movie did have some really funny parts though, don't get me wrong, and I did enjoy the movie for the most part, but I will still a little disappointed.

As for the Talladega Nights discussion, I think I would give it a slight edge over Blades of Glory. Walk Hard will be better than both of them though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I just got done watching the film, HEIMA, which is a documentary about the icelandic band Sigur Ros. It follows the band as they play a series of free live shows all over their home country in all sorts of random locations. If you're a fan of the band, this DVD is a must own. The music is incredible as always, but it's mapped against some of the most awesome cinematography and imagery i've ever seen. It's a superb film. :thumbsup:

Blue2th
12-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I finally saw POTC "At Worlds End" for the first time when I rented it the other day.
Geeze! that is about the lamest poorly acted crappy written movie I've seen in years.
It's like "we have one more of these to do for Disney, so let's hurry up and get it over with"
Talk about putting a fork in it cause it's done.
I can't imagine the masses getting suckered into paying full pop to see it in the theatres, trying to pretend or believe somehow that it's got to be good because the other two movies were good, only to be let down because it was really really bad.
It's a good thing I didn't have to pay anything to rent it because I had credit for early returns.
A major dissapointment.

figrin bran
12-09-2007, 01:55 AM
I just got done watching the film, HEIMA, which is a documentary about the icelandic band Sigur Ros. It follows the band as they play a series of free live shows all over their home country in all sorts of random locations. If you're a fan of the band, this DVD is a must own. The music is incredible as always, but it's mapped against some of the most awesome cinematography and imagery i've ever seen. It's a superb film. :thumbsup:

JMG, I've been meaning to ask you about that film actually. I've been listening to Heima (the song) quite a lot lately.

JimJamBonds
12-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Watched Superbad and The 40 Year Old Virgin last night.

UKWildcat
12-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I watched Superbad last night for the first time and it was..... HILARIOUS!!! I absolutely loved it. Definitely one of the funniest movies I have seen recently, if not ever. I'm already looking forward to watching it again. lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also watched 28 Weeks Later again. My brother had not seen it yet so he decided to give it a go, and of course I joined him in the viewing w/o hesitation. This movie still stands as a very strong sequel to 28 Days Later, and is one of the better horror movies to come out as of late. :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Watched Duck Soup, the Marx Brothers 1933 classic on HBO of all places last night. Even 64 years later, the comedy is still great.....and stolen by today's comedians.

Groucho :thumbsup:
Harpo :thumbsup:
Chico :thumbsup:
Zeppo :thumbsup:

lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-09-2007, 06:38 PM
JMG, I've been meaning to ask you about that film actually. I've been listening to Heima (the song) quite a lot lately.

Seriously dude, if you haven't picked it up yet, you should do so this week. I was lucky enough to get one of the 10,000 limited editions DVD's that comes with a 116 page booklet of extra photos. I can't find it anywhere anymore. The documentary itself is really incredible with top notch video and music productions and you're familar with their music, so i won't get into that, but once it's cut and put up with shots of iceland's hillsides and valleys, it's hard to take your eyes away. I almost felt guilty/bad when I paused it when my phone rang. They interview both Sigur Ros and Amiina and their interviews are really honest and personal. One hysterical scene showed the bands doing shots after a show along with Jonsi jamming out on a banjo. I just loved the intimacy of the whole film as they were fresh off their world tour in the summer of 2006 (which I saw them four times, all of which were by seeing them twice in one week in Feb and in May) and they just wanted to play for their home country. They perform in locations like ravines, an old factory, in town squares and people would come to these sparsely populated areas just to hear the music. I think they said one town has a population of less than five and by the time the show started, there were loads of people there. It wasn't just about giving back to iceland, it was about bringing people music who usually wouldn't even think about getting a live show to their area. There's something really awesome about seeing masses of people walking to their shows: there's a shot of grandparents taking their grand kids and families showing up. It's just amazing.

I haven't put on the second DVD yet, but it's three hours of live performances. My only small, teeny tiny gripe would be the lack of "Njosnavelin" but after the hundreds of times i've heard it, i can survive. You might've seen this already, but this is my favorite trailer for the film, the Hoppipolla version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhLZP6Cz2dA :thumbsup:

I've had the good fortune of seeing Sigur Ros (w/ Amiina, always) seven times and with a possible tour next year, i'm already saving up gas/ticket money. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Seriously dude, if you haven't picked it up yet, you should do so this week. I was lucky enough to get one of the 10,000 limited editions DVD's that comes with a 116 page booklet of extra photos. I can't find it anywhere anymore. The documentary itself is really incredible with top notch video and music productions and you're familar with their music, so i won't get into that, but once it's cut and put up with shots of iceland's hillsides and valleys, it's hard to take your eyes away. I almost felt guilty/bad when I paused it when my phone rang. They interview both Sigur Ros and Amiina and their interviews are really honest and personal. One hysterical scene showed the bands doing shots after a show along with Jonsi jamming out on a banjo. I just loved the intimacy of the whole film as they were fresh off their world tour in the summer of 2006 (which I saw them four times, all of which were by seeing them twice in one week in Feb and in May) and they just wanted to play for their home country. They perform in locations like ravines, an old factory, in town squares and people would come to these sparsely populated areas just to hear the music. I think they said one town has a population of less than five and by the time the show started, there were loads of people there. It wasn't just about giving back to iceland, it was about bringing people music who usually wouldn't even think about getting a live show to their area. There's something really awesome about seeing masses of people walking to their shows: there's a shot of grandparents taking their grand kids and families showing up. It's just amazing.

I haven't put on the second DVD yet, but it's three hours of live performances. My only small, teeny tiny gripe would be the lack of "Njosnavelin" but after the hundreds of times i've heard it, i can survive. You might've seen this already, but this is my favorite trailer for the film, the Hoppipolla version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhLZP6Cz2dA :thumbsup:

I've had the good fortune of seeing Sigur Ros (w/ Amiina, always) seven times and with a possible tour next year, i'm already saving up gas/ticket money. :thumbsup:

Footage of SR playing in ravines and old factories??? I'm sold on the DVD!!!! :D

Kidhuman
12-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Watched the last 1/2 of the Shining the other day. Gotta love tat moie. Jack is the man.

Also watched this movie called 5ive Girls. Horrid movie about 5 catholic school girls fighting demons.

Lord Malakite
12-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Also watched this movie called 5ive Girls. Horrid movie about 5 catholic school girls fighting demons.
I didn't know Tycho had a part in a movie. :D

Ji'dai
12-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Stuffy old Bembridge Scholars can wag their tongues and stroke their beards in consternation, but The Mummy is still an enjoyable movie. The 1999 adventure film with Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz has been on heavy rotation lately on the HBO clones. 1999 was such a promising year for movies, until TPM was released. Shame. The sequel, The Mummy Returns, was almost as good as the first, but the Scorpion King monster suffered from weak CGI. I won't speak of the prequel with The Rock.

Lord Malakite
12-19-2007, 04:16 AM
The sequel, The Mummy Returns, was almost as good as the first, but the Scorpion King monster suffered from weak CGI. I won't speak of the prequel with The Rock.
And now they are making a prequel to that prequel, The Scorpion King: Rise of the Akkadian. The only reason I know of this is because the younger version of the Scorpion King will be played by Michael Copon (a former actor from Power Rangers).

General_Grievous
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I watched Edward Scissorhands this morning. I love that movie.

UKWildcat
12-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I haven't watched much of anything lately; except the holiday challenge stuff, which has mainly been TV shows recently.

I am very much looking forward to watching Rob Zombie's Halloween, and a few other movies that I have had for a while; gonna try and get through some this weekend.

Ji'dai
12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
And now they are making a prequel to that prequel, The Scorpion King: Rise of the Akkadian. The only reason I know of this is because the younger version of the Scorpion King will be played by Michael Copon (a former actor from Power Rangers). Don't know him, he must be from a later incarnation of the Power Rangers. The team I'm familiar with are from the early 90s TV series. My younger cousin was really into them back then. I was really into Pink Ranger Amy Jo Johnson :lipsrsealed:

DarthQuack
12-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Just trying to go neck and neck with UK for the Holiday challenge....putting my TV show box sets to work knocking out more episodes.

Jargo
12-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Ultraviolet. visually stunning, pants movie.

Bladerunner the final cut. interesting restoration and additions / subtractions. I bought the five disk collectors tin edition and have also watched the new documentaries which go some way to explaining the odd edits on the previous versions. however, I think the most interesting version is the working print. with it's temp music culled from other movies and the lack of the mewling vangelis score the last half hour of the movie is a hundred times more intense. I like Vangelis but some of his score is just too much.
I'm disappointed that there wasn't a deleted scenes menu with the scenes available to view seperate from the documentaries. though I'll admit not all of those scenes may have been available or usable with the state of the original material. I'd love to have seen an alternate take of Baty's death scene without the tears in rain ad lib. or the longer love scene between deckard and rachel. the hospital scene with Holden. I guess I'll have to wait for the ultra deluxe super duper mega expensive set in the future for any extra. and I'm happy with what I've got now which is a hell of a lot more than I had before. And a revived love of the movie and the beautiful look of LA 2019. And I'm still in love with the Aztek tile motif from the Ennis-Brown house (have they finished restoring that btw?).

I watched Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning. Lovely CGI space battles but not worth a rewatch.

joshephe
12-21-2007, 02:44 PM
saw national treasure book of secrets today

Kidhuman
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I watched the Mummy the other day as well. First time I ever saw it, not bad.

Also been watcing some Christmas movies.

General_Grievous
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I saw a double-header at the movies today. I watched Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. Both were great movies, but I'm posting my thoughts on them in their respective threads.

Kidhuman
12-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I watched Accepted last night. Kind of a funny movie, had real funy parts and some ok. Oer a decent movie.

Lord Malakite
12-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Don't know him, he must be from a later incarnation of the Power Rangers. The team I'm familiar with are from the early 90s TV series. My younger cousin was really into them back then. I was really into Pink Ranger Amy Jo Johnson :lipsrsealed:
He was in season 9 of the show (Power Rangers Time Force (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVR3a8rm_E)). Its probably one of the more notable seasons as far as star talent goes. Vernon Wells and the late Edward Laurance Albert were also regulars during that season. In addition, the late George Buck Flower had a minor cameo during that season (one of three cameos he made for the Power Rangers series as a whole).

UKWildcat
12-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I watched Breach (2007, HD-DVD) last night. This was a pretty solid movie, based on the true story of the greatest security breach in U.S. history. Chris Cooper did an outstanding job as Robert Hanssen, the spy who was selling secrets to the Soviet Union. Even though I am not a fan of his, Ryan Phillippe did a really good job as Eric O'Neill, the FBI noob (determined to make agent) that was assigned to monitor everything Hanssen did. Director Billy Ray, who also directed Shattered Glass, does a really good job here too. Overall, I would have to say the movie was pretty good and very intriguing. Definitely worth a look.

2-1B
12-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Currently watching Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.

DarthQuack
12-22-2007, 01:08 PM
The Top 10 Places to Pig Out on Travel Channel.....awesome show.

2-1B
12-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Night at the Roxbury - it's been too long since I watched this one, I love it !!!

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Just got back from seeing Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.

Pretty good flick, lots of action.

UKWildcat
12-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Watched Superbad last night for only the second time. Damn do I ever love this movie!!! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Caught "Juno" last night with the family and it was easily one of my favorite films of the year. A really great touching, and hysterical film. It also has a GREAT sountrack/score. I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Watched The Good Shephard a few days ago. Pretty slid flick. If you liked JFK you should like this movie.

Watched Benders Big Score on Cristmas Day. It was great to get a new Futurama. I loved it. It was damn funny. The Rapping Rabbi Zomie was great(voiced by Mark Hamil).

UKWildcat
12-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I watched The Simpsons Movie last night for the first time. I thought it was okay, it was somewhat better than I was anticipating. I hear the movie is better than any new episode to air in the past 5+ seasons, which was about when I gave up on the show. Either way, the movie was fairly entertaining.

TeeEye7
12-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok, OK....old stuff but finally saw POTC At World's End on DVD. Glad I didn't pay for the family to see it at the movies. Tedious, and disappointing for the most part (except for Hans Zimmer's music...OMG, what a soundtrack!).

Also.... The Bourne Ultimatum (again, on DVD). Best of the three...and I liked the first two immensely!

Kidhuman
12-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Watched Simpsons Movie last night. Good stuff, still funny.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Watched the deleted scenes and extras on The Simpsons Movie, and I've seen two in-the-theaters movies this week, Alvin and the Chipmunks and Charlie Wilson's War. A&C was just as it should've been: fun, sometimes funny, and simplistic; while CWW was funny enough to forget how serious the subject was and serious enough to allow someone to laugh at the funny parts. Good flick, worth the matinee price. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
12-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Watched 12 Monkeys today. Havent seen that film in a long time. Forgot how good it really is.

DarthQuack
12-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Watched the Giants blow their shot at defeating the Patriots.

General_Grievous
12-31-2007, 12:44 PM
I watched Die Hard last night for the first time in about ten years. It felt like watching it for the first time again. Great movie, one of the best action flicks out there. For today and tomorrow, I rented Die Hard 2, Die Hard With A Vengeance and Live Free or Die Hard. I haven't seen any of those, so it should be a fun New Year's Eve/Day.

Ji'dai
12-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Back on Christmas Eve, I sat through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the first time. The movie covered all the main plot points, if rather rushed, but it got the job done. The books are so much better, however.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-31-2007, 02:04 PM
I saw the Godfather yesterday for the first time. It was good, even though a lot of the people looked alike.

A few days ago I wached Harry Potter 5 on DVD. I really love that movie.

UKWildcat
12-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Back on Christmas Eve, I sat through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the first time. The movie covered all the main plot points, if rather rushed, but it got the job done. The books are so much better, however.

You know what?!? I have not seen one Harry Potter movie. Not a one, not at all.

I saw the Godfather yesterday for the first time. It was good, even though a lot of the people looked alike.

I haven't seen that movie in, what seems like, forever. Definitely time to revisit that movie sometime in the near future, and its sequel. Haven't seen the 3rd one, believe it or not, mainly because I hear it doesn't hold a light to the first two.

I watched Die Hard last night for the first time in about ten years. It felt like watching it for the first time again. Great movie, one of the best action flicks out there. For today and tomorrow, I rented Die Hard 2, Die Hard With A Vengeance and Live Free or Die Hard. I haven't seen any of those, so it should be a fun New Year's Eve/Day.

Wow! Haven't seen any of the last 3 Die Hard movies?!?!?? Well have fun! The first one is the best, the second one is pretty solid, the third is great (I really liked it although some people didn't care for it at all) and I really enjoyed the 4th, it was much better than I was anticipating. Overall, a pretty damn good franchise.

Speaking of a damn good franchise, watched The Bourne Identity last night (outstandingly awesome movie) and started The Bourne Supremacy as well, which I plan on finishing up tonight. All of this is in preparation for Ultimatum, which I have not seen yet but I hear is outstanding; really really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
12-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Speaking of a damn good franchise, watched The Bourne Identity last night (outstandingly awesome movie) and started The Bourne Supremacy as well, which I plan on finishing up tonight. All of this is in preparation for Ultimatum, which I have not seen yet but I hear is outstanding; really really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:I've been a big fan of the Bourne series since Identity came out. Ultimatum is easily the best of the three (also easily the best of the threequels out this year).

El Chuxter
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
I refuse to watch those because I'll laugh my butt off at the idea of Matt Damon as an action star.

"It's hunting season!"

Rocketboy
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
It's your loss.

El Chuxter
12-31-2007, 08:09 PM
As The Blues Brothers is yours.

And a greater loss, all things considered.

Kidhuman
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
You know what?!? I have not seen one Harry Potter movie. Not a one, not at all.

I have only seen the first, none after that

I haven't seen that movie in, what seems like, forever. Definitely time to revisit that movie sometime in the near future, and its sequel. Haven't seen the 3rd one, believe it or not, mainly because I hear it doesn't hold a light to the first two.

The 3rd sucked. I wasted Christmas day going to see it in theaters when it first came out.

Wow! Haven't seen any of the last 3 Die Hard movies?!?!?? Well have fun! The first one is the best, the second one is pretty solid, the third is great (I really liked it although some people didn't care for it at all) and I really enjoyed the 4th, it was much better than I was anticipating. Overall, a pretty damn good franchise.

I didnt care for any of the last few Die ard moies. I havent seen the 4th and have no urge to. The first was OK, people went nutz over it and I dont know why

Speaking of a damn good franchise, watched The Bourne Identity last night (outstandingly awesome movie) and started The Bourne Supremacy as well, which I plan on finishing up tonight. All of this is in preparation for Ultimatum, which I have not seen yet but I hear is outstanding; really really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

I refuse to watch those because I'll laugh my butt off at the idea of Matt Damon as an action star.

"It's hunting season!"

I am with you on this, I have not seen one of them. The part in 40YOV kills me when they are in the room and this is playing in the background.

General_Grievous
12-31-2007, 11:12 PM

I watched Die Hard 2 and Die Hard: With A Vengeance already. Going to start Live Free or Die Hard soon. I thought the second one was pretty boring, more or less a retread of the first one with a crappy villain. But it did have its moments. The third one was excellent, especially with Samuel motherf**kin' Jackson tagging along. The first hour had some funny stuff in it, and Jeremy Irons made for a great villain.

There is a chance I'll be seeing the "Bourne" trilogy soon.

El Chuxter
01-01-2008, 01:21 AM
I just finished watching Spider-Man 3.

I need to go wash my eyes now.

UKWildcat
01-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I watched Die Hard 2 and Die Hard: With A Vengeance already. Going to start Live Free or Die Hard soon. I thought the second one was pretty boring, more or less a retread of the first one with a crappy villain. But it did have its moments. The third one was excellent, especially with Samuel motherf**kin' Jackson tagging along. The first hour had some funny stuff in it, and Jeremy Irons made for a great villain.

I would probably rank them along the lines of (1)Die Hard, (2)Die Hard: With a Vengeance, (3)Live Free or Die Hard and (4)Die Hard 2: Die Harder. I still like and enjoy Die Hard 2, but it is probably my least favorite (even though at the time, it was still a solid sequel). If I wasn't so surprised at how good Live Free or Die Hard turned out to be, then Die Hard 2 would have been (3) on my ranking.

On a side note - For some strange reason I think of Caesar when the terrorist fires the rocket launcher out of the building in the first Die Hard move. lol

Finished up The Bourne Supremacy last night. Great movie, not as good as the first but a very solid follow-up. Alright, now that I have re-watched the first two Bourne movies I am ready to take on Ultimatum for the very first time. :D

General_Grievous
01-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I would probably rank them along the lines of (1)Die Hard, (2)Die Hard: With a Vengeance, (3)Live Free or Die Hard and (4)Die Hard 2: Die Harder. I still like and enjoy Die Hard 2, but it is probably my least favorite (even though at the time, it was still a solid sequel). If I wasn't so surprised at how good Live Free or Die Hard turned out to be, then Die Hard 2 would have been (3) on my ranking.

It's funny. After watching Live Free or Die Hard, I'd rank them the exact same way. I thought "Live Free" was good. It started out slow, but it picked up the pace as they got to Washington, DC. The action scenes were awesome, mainly anything that took place on a highway or in a tunnel. The villain was pretty good, he was no Hans or Simon Gruber, but anything beats the guys from "Die Hard 2". I did like Kevin Smith's cameo, as well as Boba Fett's. :D And Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Lucy McClane? :love: I thought it was a good movie, but not as good as the first one or "With A Vengeance". Overall, I think that if you take "Die Hard 2" out of the franchise, you'd have a perfect trilogy. I'd rank them same as yours, Uke:

1. Die Hard
2. Die Hard: With A Vengeance
3. Live Free or Die Hard
4. Die Hard 2

Kidhuman
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I watched Pan's Labyrinth today. Really good movie. I didnt mind the sub titles at all. It was not anything like I expected, the whole war stuff caught me off guard, but did make for a better storyline.

2-1B
01-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I was never big on Matty Damon either but I've seen the first two Bourne films and they are OUTSTANDING, definitely give it a try Chux ! I've not see the 3rd one yet, but I will eventually.

On a side note - For some strange reason I think of Caesar when the terrorist fires the rocket launcher out of the building in the first Die Hard move. lol

It's a natural association, given my proclivity toward firing rocket launchers.

El Chuxter
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Okay, unlike Rocketboy and his diabolical hatred for The Blues Brothers, I was exaggerating when I said I'd never watch them. I will probably see them sometime in the next year or so.

Seriously, man, rent Blues Brothers. You'll want to buy it after seeing it, but maybe you'll feel better if you pay less to see it once.

2-1B
01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Blues Brothers is indeed AWESOME, I'm with Chux on that...I don't watch it often enough, to be perfectly honest.

Jargo
01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
lately i have been mostly watching my beard grow. saw the first few minutes of beowulf and got bored so switched it off.
have been enjoying CIS and NCIS. it seems like there isn't a night when it's not on here. and my man watches it so i couldn't escape.
my man bought transformers and bourne III but as i've not seen Bournes I and II i won't be watching that. transformers never grabbed me in my younger years and from clips I've seen i'm not keen on it but I'll give it a go.

UKWildcat
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I can also highly recommend that Chux [EDIT: And now Jargo] give the Bournes a go...

And I have never seen The Blues Brothers so I can't speak on that.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth kh!!! :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
01-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I watched Pan's Labyrinth today. Really good movie. I didnt mind the sub titles at all. It was not anything like I expected, the whole war stuff caught me off guard, but did make for a better storyline.

If you are a student of Spanish history (as I am), this movie is much more powerful in its content than would appear to the casual viewer. HUGE social/historical commentary by del Toro, with regards to the Spanish Civil War, but most (non-Spanish history) viewers won't "get it". Wonderful movie that I need to add to my DVD collection.

UKWildcat
01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Finally got around to watching Rob Zombie's Halloween last night. I enjoyed it for the most part, and it was kind of what I was expecting from Mr. Zombie. The first half of the movie, the apparent evolution of Michael Myers, was done pretty well, and it gave a lot of insight, albeit Rob Zombie's insight, to how Michael Myers became the notorious killer that he is. The second half of the movie was more of a remake to the original; so it was almost like you were watching two movies. I love Sheri Moon Zombie, she is swell. Forsythe is a bad**. I thought McDowell did a good job, and I hate to say it, "replacing" Donald Pleasence as Dr. Loomis; Pleasence was just spectacular in the original(s). I really liked Brad Dourif as the Sheriff, he is good people, and his daughter Danielle Harris was pretty special too. :lipsrsealed: I'm sure Caesar really liked that. :D The actress who played Laurie did a pretty good job too. Speaking of which, how the hell did Michael know who and where she was?!??! That was a beef I had with the movie; one hell of a coincidence? or did I miss something?; should probably be discussed in the Halloween thread... But either way, I did enjoy the movie, even though I do have some minor, nit-picky beefs with it, but overall, I really did enjoy the movie. I will probably revisit it sometime soon, as my brother will probably watch it in the near future and I will be sure to join him.

El Chuxter
01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Tenacious D & The Pick of Destiny. Not bad, but not nearly as good as it should've been. I'd say a solid B-.

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Tenacious D & The Pick of Destiny. Not bad, but not nearly as good as it should've been. I'd say a solid B-.Word.

I saw "The Reaping" with Hilary Swank's big ol' titties and was pretty darn impressed. I'm usually not one for movies having to do with religion, but this was done pretty well.

Ji'dai
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I've only seen parts of the first Bourne, not really my cup of tea. Nothing wrong with a good thriller, but I like more supernatural fare. And I tend to favor historical action-adventure movies than ones set in present-day.

Watched The Simpsons Movie back on New Year's Eve for the first time. Good show, they can still make me laugh, but the movie is about ten years too late.

A pyschotic former stuntman stalks young women to run down in his 1970 Chevy Nova until his latest victims turn the tables on him in Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof. I've been watching a lot of 60s & 70s cult movies recently and Taratino did a good job with this homage. The car chase was edge of your seat fun but the intentional bad edits and film pops and flutters got to be a little tiring though. Good to see many of the supporting cast of Kill Bill back too.

UKWildcat
01-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Just got through watching Eastern Promises which I enjoyed immensely. Cronenberg and Mortensen deliver another solid film, following A History of Violence. Great acting, great directing, great story... everything about this movie is great. Very solid and highly recommended!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-06-2008, 05:31 AM
watched Shoot em up two days ago. Clive Owen and Paul giamatti run around trying to killeach other and the movie has a body count of about 200. Lives up to its name.

Caught LOTR: FOTR EE last night. Like the added scenes. Will be watching the rest soon as I have alot of free time.

Rocketboy
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Finally able to see Juno tonight.
Really good and funny - I'll probably buy it when it comes out on dvd.

I tried to see it Friday night but it was actually sold out. I haven't seen a movie sell out in ages.

2-1B
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Last movie I saw sell out was Borat in 2006.

General_Grievous
01-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Finally able to see Juno tonight.
Really good and funny - I'll probably buy it when it comes out on dvd.

I tried to see it Friday night but it was actually sold out. I haven't seen a movie sell out in ages.

Last movie I saw sell out was Borat in 2006.

You know why those two movies were sold out? Because they were both released in a limited amount of theaters. I'm thinking of seeing "Juno" sometime this week.

Kidhuman
01-07-2008, 05:54 AM
Last movie I saw sell out was POTC 3.

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 07:02 AM
My wife dragged me to see "P.S. I Love You" Friday night. The movie sucked hard, but Hilary Swank pretty much gets naked a half dozen times.

Rocketboy
01-07-2008, 02:03 PM
My wife dragged me to see "P.S. I Love You" Friday night. The movie sucked hard, but Hilary Swank pretty much gets naked a half dozen times.Ha ha. You had to watch Hilary's dong flop around.

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Ha ha. You had to watch Hilary's dong flop around.F you, pal. I always thought she was handsome, but after I saw her in "The Reaping" I've kind of wanted to slide in just the tip.

El Chuxter
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I was wondering how to respond with a "Hillary's a man" statement, but couldn't come up with anything quite as clever or explicit.

Rocketboy
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I was wondering how to respond with a "Hillary's a man" statement, but couldn't come up with anything quite as clever or explicit.Floppin' dongs ain't that explicit.
Now, if I were to have said
"01001000011000010010000001101000011000010010110000 10000001111001011011110111010100100000011010000110 00010110010000100000011101000110111100100000011101 11011000010111010001100011011010000010000001101000 01100101011100100010000001100010011010010110011100 10000001101111011011000110010000100000011101100110 01010110100101101110011110010010000001110100011010 00011101010110111001100100011001010111001000100000 01100011011011110110001101101011001000000110001001 10111101110101011011100110001101100101011001000010 00000110000101100010011011110111010101110100001000 00011101000110100001100101001000000111001101100011 01110010011001010110010101101110001000000110011001 10111101110010001000000110111001101001011011100110 01010111010001111001001000000110110101101001011011 100111010101110100011001010111001100101110"
Then you'd have something fairly explicit.

El Chuxter
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I meant "explicit" in the sense meaning both specific and blunt. Not obscene.

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
01001001011101000010000001110111011000010111001101 10111000100111011101000010000001110100011010000110 00010111010000100000011101100110010101101001011011 10011110010010111000100000010010010111010000100000 01101000011000010110010000100000011000010010000001 10111001101001011000110110010100100000011100110110 11000110010101101110011001000110010101110010001000 00011100110110100001100001011100000110010100100000 01110100011011110010000001101001011101000010110000 10000001100010011001010110011001101001011101000111 01000110100101101110011001110010000001100001001000 00011001100110010101101101011000010110110001100101 00100000011011110110011000100000011010000110010101 11001000100000011100110111010001100001011101000111 01010111001001100101001011100010000001001000011001 01011100100010000001110100011010010111010001110100 01101001011001010111001100101100001000000110111101 10111000100000011101000110100001100101001000000110 11110111010001101000011001010111001000100000011010 00011000010110111001100100001011000010000001110111 01100101011100100110010100100000011100110111010101 10001101100011011101010110110001100101011011100111 01000010000001100001011100110010000001100101011101 10011001010111001000101110

2-1B
01-07-2008, 05:16 PM
F you, pal. I always thought she was handsome, but after I saw her in "The Reaping" I've kind of wanted to slide in just the tip.

Karate Kid 4 for me.

UKWildcat
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Mancow says Swank looks like the horse from Ren and Stimpy; "No Sir, I don't like it!" lol

Anyways, last night I watched Disturbia again for only the second time. I really like this movie in all aspects. Good stuff.

After Disturbia I watched Resident Evil, which I still think is one of the better video game movie adaptations out there. Within the next day or two I plan on watching RE Apocalypse. All of this is in preparation for RE Extinction, which I have not seen yet.

Kidhuman
01-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Watched TTT and ROTK Extended Versions today. Long arse movies but really good. I loved alot of the added footage. I couldnt understand wy some was removed, especially in ROTK.

General_Grievous
01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Watched TTT and ROTK Extended Versions today. Long arse movies but really good. I loved alot of the added footage. I couldnt understand wy some was removed, especially in ROTK.
As much as I loved the movies, I wouldn't want to sit in a theater for four hours. You can see why a lot of the scenes were removed, except for the Saruman scene in ROTK. That one should never have been cut from the movie.

I just saw Juno. I thought it was pretty good, had a great cast. Michael Cera got a bit overshadowed by everyone, though. I was surprised to see J.K. Simmons as a quiet character after being used to his J. Jonah Jameson for the last five years. I thought Juno's friend was pretty cute. And I thought that the whole scene where Juno and her father visited the adoptive parents was hysterical, especially the line "I'm already pregnant, what other shenanigans can I get myself into?". The only problem I had with the movie was some of the dialogue was way too weird for my taste. But other than that, I liked the movie a lot. I think it's a bit overrated from the critics, but it was still fun anyway.

I'm hoping to catch "No Country For Old Men" before it leaves theaters.

Kidhuman
01-08-2008, 05:07 PM
As much as I loved the movies, I wouldn't want to sit in a theater for four hours. You can see why a lot of the scenes were removed, except for the Saruman scene in ROTK. That one should never have been cut from the movie.

Thats the scene I was really talking about, it should have been left in. Some of the comical stuff was a few seconds, they could have left it in, like when Gimli said the Orc was twitching because his axe was buried in his nervous system.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Watched a few episodes of Howard Stern On Demand...and currently watching all the Rhino DVD's of G.I. Joe...then selling them on eBay.

Kidhuman
01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I watched We Are Marshall this evening. Pretty good moie, very moving. I was awaiting Ian McShane to use c**ksucker a few times.

Also watched a Dr. Who marathon today.

UKWildcat
01-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I watched We Are Marshall this evening. Pretty good moie, very moving. I was awaiting Ian McShane to use c**ksucker a few times.

I'm really looking forward to watching this one on HBO HD; haven't seen it yet.

Finished up Resident Evil Apocalypse last night. This movie is a pretty good follow up to the first one and it's either your cup of tea, or not. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the video game franchise (I've hardly played any of them), I'm a pretty big fan of the movies; I know, strange huh?!?!? Now I'm just waiting to get Extinction in the mail from Netflix, which happens to be a "long wait" right now. :upset:

I put on Robocop last night but fell asleep about 20 minutes in. I've been sick the past few days and when I put on a movie at night, I usually fall right to sleep. I'm gonna try this one again tonight, here in a little bit.

UKWildcat
01-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Finished up/watched Robocop last night, love that movie. This little back and forth is the best:

Lt Hedgecock: Okay Miller! Don't hurt the mayor! We'll give you what you want!
Miller: First, don't f*ck with me. I'm a desperate man! And second, I want some fresh coffee. And third, I want a recount! And no matter how it turns out, I want my old job back!
Lt Hedgecock: Okay.
Miller: And I want a bigger office! And I want a new car! And I want the city to pay for it all!
Lt Hedgecock: What kind of car, Miller?
Miller: Something with reclining leather seats, that goes really fast, and gets really sh*tty gas mileage! Alright.
Lt Hedgecock: How about a 6000 SUX?
Miller: Yeah! Okay, sure! What about cruise control? Does it come with cruise control?
Lt Hedgecock: Hey, no problem, Miller. You let the mayor go, we'll even throw in a Blaupunkt!

lol :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
01-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Watched Blade Runner last night with my Dad....Wasn't that impressed unfortunately....I guess I'll be selling my briefcase set after all :-\

General_Grievous
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Finally got around to watching No Country For Old Men. I thought it was a terrific movie. The actors were incredible. Solid performances from Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin and especially Javier Bardem. Anton Chigurh was a really memorable villain. He really made the movie. The coin toss scene in the gas station was pure class. That guy definitely deserves an Oscar. As far as Best Movie of 2007, I'd still have to go with "Sweeney Todd", but this comes awfully close.

Kidhuman
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Just got through watcing L.A. Confidential. Great movie, Rollo Tomassi, gotta love it.

UKWildcat
01-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Watched Shoot 'Em Up last night. This movie was good fun, and quite cheesy at times. Its a movie that you definitely can't take seriously. But it was still fun. Clive Owen is a bada** (as some of you know) and he did a good job in the movie; he sure likes his carrots. Giamatti played a great villain and Monica Bellucci was a fantastic hooker. Lots of bullets and bodies in this fun film.

Kidhuman
01-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Watched Invincible. An ok movie for what it was worth

TeeEye7
01-12-2008, 07:51 PM
....Rollo Tomassi....

Banned!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Finally got around to watching No Country For Old Men. I thought it was a terrific movie. The actors were incredible. Solid performances from Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin and especially Javier Bardem. Anton Chigurh was a really memorable villain. He really made the movie. The coin toss scene in the gas station was pure class. That guy definitely deserves an Oscar. As far as Best Movie of 2007, I'd still have to go with "Sweeney Todd", but this comes awfully close.

I gotta agree, NCFOM was a superb flick. That scene in the gas station had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It took my #1 on the best of 2007. I recommend reading the book as it gives you a bit more info on Anton's fate and whatnot. Stunning film. :thumbsup:

I haven't had much time to watch anything as I was doing a three season LOST marathon, but since I finished on saturday night, I can start watching more movies this week. Tonight however, I watched my DVD from the folks at CINEMATIC TITANIC, which is the new engagment from the original MST3K folks. The film was THE OOZING SKULL and it's HYSTERICAL. It's a must own for MST3K fans. I felt a wave of calm nostalgia when Joel and Trace made comments. GREAT stuff! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Over the last few days or so:

Mr. Woodcock - Billy Bob and Stifler team up for a decent comedy with Susan Sarandon. Has some really funny moments.

Perfect Strangers - Halle Berry and Bruce Willis in a psychological thriller with a twist at the end. Is an alright movie at best.

The Hitcher - You seen one slasher movie you have seen them all.

Terminator 2 - You have all seen this by now and know what its about.

UKWildcat
01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
A couple of nights ago I watched one of my favorite Coen Bros. movies on Universal HD; Raising Arizona. It had probably been a couple years since I had last seen the movie, and it was still fantastic, of course. The movie was in glorious High Definition which was somewhat depressing, considering we don't even have an anamorphic standard dvd release, let alone a HD one. But anyways, no need to rant. The movie was outstanding and looked amazing, one I definitely need to watch more often and one I will buy immediately should it ever get a proper dvd (and HD dvd) release.

Last night I watched Braveheart (another one in HD). This is one of my favorite all-time movies. I remember when I went and saw it in the theater with my Dad; good times. Anyways, I've been meaning to watch this one too, ever since I bought the new 2 disc dvd collection, but I never did get around to it. Saw it was on HBO HD last night and started watching it, before it totally engulfed me. Excellent movie!

UKWildcat
01-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I watched Good Luck Chuck last night. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be, it was good for a few laughs and a bunch of boobies, but other than that, it was pretty bad. I'd skip it if I were you.

I have also been watching the snow fall today, which is pretty rare for my area.

2-1B
01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Good Luck Chuck was pretty good !

I watched The Terminator this afternoon and am working on T2 Special Edition with Kyle Reese right now...I might go see Cloverfield or Juno later, not sure yet.

Tomorrow I'll watch Terminator 3 before the Patriots go 18-0 and the Packers win another NFC title.

DarthQuack
01-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Watched the great film Vegas Vacation earlier today....not sure what's on tap for the nightcap though.

2-1B
01-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Nick Papagiorgio, from Yuma !

UKWildcat
01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Good Luck Chuck was pretty good !

You sincerely enjoyed this movie? :eek:

Slicker
01-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I watched The Cell and The Big Hit last night. They were both alright.

Kidhuman
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I watched Good Luck Chuck last night. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be, it was good for a few laughs and a bunch of boobies, but other than that, it was pretty bad. I'd skip it if I were you.

I watched it yesterday and felt the same way. OK at best, nothing special.

Watched Superbad today. It had some funny moments, all in all a decent flick.

2-1B
01-20-2008, 03:03 AM
You sincerely enjoyed this movie? :eek:

It wasn't great but it was a fun fluff movie...also the guy from Balls of Fury had some good lines. :)

UKWildcat
01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
It wasn't great but it was a fun fluff movie...also the guy from Balls of Fury had some good lines. :)

You talking about the guy who played Stu? The boob guy? If so, you are correct, he had some pretty good lines and was one of the very few bright spots in the movie; I haven't seen Balls of Fury.

Kidhuman
01-20-2008, 10:40 PM
The one part thatmakes me laugh about Chuck was the girl talking really dirty to him saying split my ---------- in half. That made me about pee myself.

I watched 3:10 to Yumatonight. Awesome F'ing flick. Easily top3 of 2007 IMO. Russel Crowe and BAle were great in it. IF ya havent seen it, do so with in 24 hours or JT will an you.

UKWildcat
01-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Watched 1408 last night and really enjoyed it. It was a very good psychological (mind f*ck) thriller. Cusack easily delivers one of his best performances to date. I plan on watching the extended cut with alternate ending sometime soon, see what it is all about. The theatrical ending was great too, and was icing on the cake so-to-speak. Excellent movie! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
1408 was indeed a good mental movie. I liked it alot.

I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight(F the new name)I wont the DVD set from my job. I was just about to order it from DD as well(it is 28 on their site) so it saved me some money.

Should complete the trilogy by the weekend.

Ji'dai
01-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Finished watching Carnivale season one a week ago and started in on season two last night. Good show, one of my two favorite HBO series. (The other being Deadwood).

Live Free or Die Hard was a lot better than I expected. Tough to see one of my favorite action stars being so old and wrinkly, though Bruce Willis was still able to pull it off.

I thought Shrek the Third was just plain boring.

I've also watched Raiders of the Lost Ark last week and made it through the first half of The Last Crusade this week.

Slicker
01-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Live Free or Die Hard was a lot better than I expected. Tough to see one of my favorite action stars being so old and wrinkly, though Bruce Willis was still able to pull it off.That was a good movie. I didn't think that Bruce looked that old but he showed a few more crows feet.

I partook in watching Cloverfield in theaters last night and then watched Platoon on DVD.

UKWildcat
01-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I watched Saw IV last night for the first time and I must say, I rather enjoyed it. Its hard for me to say which I liked better, the 3rd or 4th, as I really liked them both, for similar and separate reasons. I liked how Saw IV had a bit more story to it, whereas Saw III had the serious gore factor. Saw IV definitely had some gore, but it was dumbed down in comparison the the 3rd installment, but like I said, there was a bit more story in the 4th. I really liked how we got some more background info on Jigsaw, that was cool. And the twist, hot damn, didn't see that one coming the whole movie. It was really cool how they did it, even though it took me a little while after watching it to fully digest what I had just witnessed; after it all sunk in, I thought it was even that much better. I plan on watching it again, really soon, to see what else I pick up on now that I know what and how IV unfolds. The movie still leaves a lot of questions, while it answers some others, but that is one great thing about the Saw franchise; it always keeps you guessing - and wanting more. All in all, I'd have to say I really enjoyed it. Favorites (as of now) in order - 1,3,4,2 (3 and 4 are very close, about tied) Four could definitely jump 3, especially after another viewing. We shall see. Either way, I'm very much looking forward to the 5th installment!

TeeEye7
01-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I watched about 3 seconds of Top Gun last night before I realized what it was, and then quickly changed the channel.

...that movie sucks worse than an F-14 air in-take vent....

UKWildcat
01-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I watched about 3 seconds of Top Gun last night before I realized what it was, and then quickly changed the channel.

...that movie sucks worse than an F-14 air in-take vent....

Try telling that to Mr. JJL; it is one of his favorite movies of all time! :thumbsup:

I actually watched Saw IV again earlier today, yup, again already. This time I watched it with the commentary track though, which provided some really good insight in to not only Saw IV, but the franchise, both past, present and future, as a whole. It is a really good commentary track that points out a lot of stuff one would normally miss the first time around; characters, details, plot points, etc. and etc. They also mention several ideas and hint at the next installment(s) of Saw. Overall I'd say it was a very informative and entertaining commentary track, one every good Saw fan should give a listen to at one point. It is actually making me want to revisit the previous Saw movies and listen to their commentary tracks, something I have not done. Oh, and I may give Saw IV a slight edge over Saw III now, but this is still something I am pondering.

Anyways, I just got through watching The Heartbreak Kid, which is the newest comedy from the Farrelly bros. This movie wasn't all that bad. I had heard some pretty negative things about it, but it turned out to be fairly good. It is definitely no Dumb and Dumber, or There's Something About Mary, but this movie had several laughs throughout and a pretty decent story. Danny McBride is in this one and does a great job again, those of you who have seen Hot Rob should immediately recognize him and enjoy his on-screen antics; this guy has a bright future and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work. Overall, not bad a bad flick, worth a look.

Slicker
01-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey, screw you guys! Top Gun is a good movie!

2-1B
01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Life as a House the other day and then I saw Rambo 4 tonight...which was actually kinda cool. :thumbsup:

All other viewings of late have Oscar ties and are being listed in the Quack/Yuke thread. :thumbsup:

2-1B
01-26-2008, 11:03 PM

Tagged appropriately. :thumbsup:

Slicker
01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Is Rambo 4 the new one? I hardly heard anything about it being out if it is.

2-1B
01-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes, "Rambo" is the current movie in theaters as of yesterday...aka Rambo 4, First Blood Part 4, etc.

Basically Slick, the series has one of the most effed up title systems of all times:

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
Rambo

So really, the 4th movie has the same title as the 2nd movie, only shorter of a title. lol

Kidhuman
01-27-2008, 05:52 AM
I watched Temple of Doom last night.

DarthQuack
01-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Watched Clerks II again last night....whenever I happen to stumble on this on cable I just find myself watching all of it. I really enjoy it.

Rocketboy
01-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Watched Clerks II again last night....whenever I happen to stumble on this on cable I just find myself watching all of it. I really enjoy it.As do I. Such a good flick.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Watched Clerks II again last night....whenever I happen to stumble on this on cable I just find myself watching all of it. I really enjoy it.

Seconded. Easily my favorite of Smith's View Askew films. Such a great movie. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Try telling that to Mr. JJL; it is one of his favorite movies of all time! :thumbsup:

If I could, I'd be in the danger zone all day long. Right after some homoerotic beach volleyball that has no place in the story, of course. :D

I watched American Graffiti yesterday, which is of course still damn good. The ending is always depressing as hell, though.

UKWildcat
01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Just got back from seeing No Country for Old Men and absolutely loved it. Everything about this movie was outstanding and I can see why it is nominated for so many Oscars. Although I thought Josh Brolin did an outstanding job and deserved a nod at Actor. But yeah, the acting was spot on, everyone did an incredible job as the movie was filled with stellar performances. Javier Bardem did a remarkable job. The movie was, of course, wonderfully directed, consisted of excellent writing/screenplay and the cinematography was beautiful. Speaking of the writing/screenplay, I had no idea that this was based off a Cormac McCarthy novel; I read The Road and it was wonderful; this guy is incredible. Anyways, the Coen brothers delivered another masterpiece that easily ranks in the top tier of my favorite movies of theirs. I'm really glad I got to see this one in the theater and I hope it takes home some well deserved Oscars (nominated for 8, including Best Picture). Superb flick!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TeeEye7
01-27-2008, 02:43 PM

Tagged appropriately. :thumbsup:

Although you've all been hypnotized, programmed drugged, or otherwise lead astray in your beliefs regarding that *ahem* movie, I still love you guys! :love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Although you've all been hypnotized, programmed drugged, or otherwise lead astray in your beliefs regarding that *ahem* movie, I still love you guys! :love:
Any reference to me liking Top Gun is 100% sarcastic.

UKWildcat
01-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Any reference to me liking Top Gun is 100% sarcastic.

Just got through watching 3:10 to Yuma (2007). It wasn't exactly what I was expecting but the movie turned out to be really good, I was actually kind of surprised at how good it turned out to be. Some good acting in this one, by Crowe and Bale, and the movie had a great story. Plenty of good action in this one too. I never did see the original so I don't know how this one stacks up to it, but let me say, the movie was really good, excellent by remake standards. Definitely worth a look.

DarthQuack
01-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Getting set to watch the WWE Royal Rumble with my brother...haven't seen a WWE PPV live since last Wrestlemania I think.

UKWildcat
01-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Just got through watching The Bourne Ultimatum. F'ing awesome!!! Quite possibly the best one so far, superseding the first. I know, its a close call, but man, the third was simply amazing. I'm well aware that I said it this not to long ago, but damn is this a good franchise!!! And Chux, and whomever else is not watching it, is definitely missing out. The movie definitely deserves nods in the Best Editing, Best Sound, and Best Sound Editing, but I could give it nods in other categories as well. Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to more movies as long as they keep up the superior quality and keep Doug Liman and Paul Greengrass involved with the production/direction. Outstanding movie, superb trilogy!!!

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Been watching a Dr. Who marathon and Torchwood Marathon

Rocketboy
01-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Just got through watching The Bourne Ultimatum. F'ing awesome!!! Quite possibly the best one so far, superseding the first. I know, its a close call, but man, the third was simply amazing. I'm well aware that I said it this not to long ago, but damn is this a good franchise!!! And Chux, and whomever else is not watching it, is definitely missing out. The movie definitely deserves nods in the Best Editing, Best Sound, and Best Sound Editing, but I could give it nods in other categories as well. Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to more movies as long as they keep up the superior quality and keep Doug Liman and Paul Greengrass involved with the production/direction. Outstanding movie, superb trilogy!!!Agreed 100%. Love this series. Got better with each movie. I'd almost be worried if they make #4 because Ultimatum would be tough to top.

I finally watched 3:10 to Yuma last night. Really good - definitely on my Top 10 of 2007. Outstanding performances from Bale and Crowe as usual, but Ben Foster gets better and better with each movie he's in.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-29-2008, 11:44 AM
I briefly started the first season of Six Feet Under this past weekend, but had to turn it off to get some work done.

I did pick up Curb Your Enthusiasm season 6 today and with one episode in, i'm laughing my silly a-- off. I love this show. Larry David is one of my heroes. :crazed:

I'm tempted to change my avatar/profile to Larry, but i'm also leaning towards something LOST related. We'll see. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-29-2008, 03:05 PM

"It's hunting season!"

Matt Damon is an action star now? Have I been alseep under a rock somehwere? Actually, one of my buddies keeps trying to loan me his Bourne movies, but I'm a little hesitant to the thought of Damon as an action hero. He was good in Dogma though.

DarthQuack
01-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Watched The Man with Two Brains last night starring Steve Martin...good Carl Reiner film. Enjoyed it a lot.

Kidhuman
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Watched The Number 23 last night. Better than I thought it would be.

Kidhuman
02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Watched Stardustthis morning. Pretty good movie, better than I thought it would be.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Just finished season 6 of CURB and it was HYSTERICAL. It felt kinda different from previous seasons, but i was laughing my arse off the entire time. The finale alone almost had me in tears. I'm curious to see how season 7 will begin. :thumbsup: In fact, i've decided to dedicate my profile/avatar to Larry. CYE fans will appreciate it. :love:

I also got my first three films from Netflix as I just joined this week. I'll have blurbs for you on those later in the weekend. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I saw There Will Be Blood last night. I thought it was an excellent movie, and I can see why it got so many Oscar nominations. Daniel Day-Lewis was excellent as an oil tycoon whose morality deteriorates the wealthier he gets. It's a similar situation that sort of reminded me of "The Aviator", but unlike "The Aviator", "There Will Be Blood" actually kept my attention. Daniel Day-Lewis gives a really great performance here, probably the best I've seen of his (I had only seen him in "Gangs Of New York" and "The Last of the Mohicans" before this). The most saddening aspect of his life is the deterioration of his relationship with his young son, whom he constantly abandons. The brother from "Little Miss Sunshine" is also in this as a preacher/faith healer who constantly asks for money from Day-Lewis's character, only to be abused in return. There is a really great scene at the end where Day-Lewis explains oil drainage to Eli (the preacher) and personifies it as drinking a milkshake. He says, "If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw, and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake, I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!" It sounds incredibly cheesy on paper, but Daniel Day-Lewis makes it work. He's just that good. And frankly, if he hadn't been in the movie, I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as good. I'd still say Johnny Depp deserves an Oscar for "Sweeney Todd", but if he loses to Daniel Day-Lewis I won't lose any sleep over it. As for Best Picture, as much as I enjoyed "No Country For Old Men", I'd have to give the slight edge to "There Will Be Blood" because of Daniel Day-Lewis's performance. I think you all should check this out.

JetsAndHeels
02-02-2008, 02:30 PM
I finally got around to watching Knocked Up last night. Thought it was a great comedy flick.

UKWildcat
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I watched Resident Evil: Extinction last night. This movie was ok, enjoyable. Not as good as the other movies in the franchise, but still fun, with some great action and effects. This movie seemed more like a setup to a possible, and likely, 4th movie. By itself, it was much weaker than the others, but like I said, seemed like they did this one with the sole purpose of leading into the next installment; if that makes sense?!? I love Milla Jovovich, who is always great, and newcomer (to me anyways) Spencer Locke was pretty cute, I mean good too. This movie definitely had things going for it, but in the end I was disappointed - but like I said, I still enjoyed the movie. The very end sequence was pretty sweet. :)

BTW - Glad to hear you enjoyed There Will Be Blood GG. Daniel Day is a badass.

DarthQuack
02-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I watched The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. I thought it was a great flick. Very recommended.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I watched The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. I thought it was a great flick. Very recommended.

Get the fook out! I watched that last night!! Very good film indeed!! I gave it *** out of ****! :thumbsup:

2-1B
02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I saw There Will Be Blood last night. I thought it was an excellent movie, and I can see why it got so many Oscar nominations. Daniel Day-Lewis was excellent as an oil tycoon whose morality deteriorates the wealthier he gets. It's a similar situation that sort of reminded me of "The Aviator", but unlike "The Aviator", "There Will Be Blood" actually kept my attention. Daniel Day-Lewis gives a really great performance here, probably the best I've seen of his (I had only seen him in "Gangs Of New York" and "The Last of the Mohicans" before this). The most saddening aspect of his life is the deterioration of his relationship with his young son, whom he constantly abandons. The brother from "Little Miss Sunshine" is also in this as a preacher/faith healer who constantly asks for money from Day-Lewis's character, only to be abused in return. There is a really great scene at the end where Day-Lewis explains oil drainage to Eli (the preacher) and personifies it as drinking a milkshake. He says, "If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw, and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake, I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!" It sounds incredibly cheesy on paper, but Daniel Day-Lewis makes it work. He's just that good. And frankly, if he hadn't been in the movie, I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as good. I'd still say Johnny Depp deserves an Oscar for "Sweeney Todd", but if he loses to Daniel Day-Lewis I won't lose any sleep over it. As for Best Picture, as much as I enjoyed "No Country For Old Men", I'd have to give the slight edge to "There Will Be Blood" because of Daniel Day-Lewis's performance. I think you all should check this out.

Agreed with 95% of what 2Gs said, TWBB was awesome ! Only thing I disagree with is that I thought No Country was a better movie overall, I just liked it more than Blood, but Day-Lewis is certainly Oscar worthy in this role. Amazing.

Last weekend I saw Juno and Rambo 4, loved them both.

DarthQuack
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Super Bowl XLII and a New York Football Giants Win!!!!!

General_Grievous
02-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Agreed with 95% of what 2Gs said, TWBB was awesome ! Only thing I disagree with is that I thought No Country was a better movie overall, I just liked it more than Blood, but Day-Lewis is certainly Oscar worthy in this role. Amazing.

I drink your milkshake, Cae. I drink it up. *SLLLLLLUUUUURRRRPPPP*

Kidhuman
02-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Oer thelast couple of days I have watched EDTV, The Truman Show and White Men Cant Jump

Rocketboy
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Finished up two movies today.

Renaissance - Visually awesome, but a bit complicated. I started it the other night and was pretty tired, so that may have added to the plot confusion for me. Or maybe it was because it's a French movie (at least it was in English!)

Black Snake Moan is one I've wanted to see for a while now and I loved it. Sam Jackson once again proves how great he is as an actor. Christina Ricci was also great. She and Sam have great chemistry together and the best parts of the movie are the ones with just the two of them. I had no idea Justin Timberlake was in it and to my shock...he was surprisingly good as well.

El Chuxter
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
BSM has been on my list for a while, too. I got the soundtrack and was surprised at how passable Samuel L was as a blues singer. He's not going to win any Handey Awards anytime soon, but he's not half bad.

2-1B
02-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I drink your milkshake, Cae. I drink it up. *SLLLLLLUUUUURRRRPPPP*

"WOOF ! WOOF ! WOOF !"

-- That scene with the interpreter --

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks to netflix, I watched a few more.......flicks this weekend.

"Waitress"- I thought this was a really good flick: funny, enjoyable, charming and it has Nate Fillion, who is always great and Keri Russell, who is quite adorable. Really solid film!- ***1/2 out of ****

"He Was a Quiet Man"- a really odd and black comedy/drama about an office worker, Bob, (Christian slater) who is planning to shoot up his office, but ends up saving his fellow workers from his cube mate, who beat him to the punch. He befriends a survivor (elisha cuthbert) who is paralyzed and the two hit it off as bob's life begins to rapidly change. It was part satire, part mystery, and totally odd. And it's a shame that Slater's personal life is so chaotic cos this film showed that he can act his a-- off. Rating- *** out of ****

More to come this weekend! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Has anyone seen Across the Universe yet?

El Chuxter
02-07-2008, 12:43 PM
No. No one has vision that acute, and I don't think we even have telescopes that can yet.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
No. No one has vision that acute, and I don't think we even have telescopes that can yet.

I do aspire to have vision that good one day Chux. I'd settle for x-ray vision though.

Watched Eddie Murphy; Delirious last night for the first time in a while. Still one of the funniest stand-up movies of all time.

ICE CREEEAAAM!!!!!!

El Chuxter
02-07-2008, 03:08 PM
"It's just ****. It's like sprinkles!!"

Is that the one with his nightmare about Mr T? "Hey, boy! Hey, boy! Lookin' mighty cute in dem jeans!"

Jedi_Kal-El
02-07-2008, 03:13 PM

Is that the one with his nightmare about Mr T? "Hey, boy! Hey, boy! Lookin' mighty cute in dem jeans!"

Yup, that's the one. It also the one where his Aunt Bunny is falling down the steps. lol

El Chuxter
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
"HEP ME LAWD JESUS!!!!!!"

I had both his early 80s albums (and have them now on CD), but never actually watched Raw or Delirious. I know the stuff that wound up on the albums pretty much by heart from start to finish.

"What a bargain. This is a bargain for me."
(I think that's Delirious as well? It was on his first album.)

Kidhuman
02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
The first one was RAW. Both are damn funny and I havent heard either in a long time.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
I do aspire to have vision that good one day Chux. I'd settle for x-ray vision though.

Watched Eddie Murphy; Delirious last night for the first time in a while. Still one of the funniest stand-up movies of all time.

ICE CREEEAAAM!!!!!!

Tito get me some tissues...........Jermaine stop teasing!

I watched that a few weeks ago; still hysterical.

and KH: I have Across the Universe on my netflix que for next week.

General_Grievous
02-07-2008, 07:23 PM

"Did you eat that ice cream off the floor?!"

"No, ma, I..."

*THWAK!!!*

"I had a mother that would throw a shoe at you at the drop of a dime. And f*** you up wherever she was aiming. So by the time I was ten, my mother was like Clint Eastwood with a shoe."

I still love his McDonalds and Bill Cosby material from "Raw", though.

"YOOOU CAN NOT SAY THAT FILTH FLARN FILTH FLARN FILTH!!!"

UKWildcat
02-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Watched Bender's Big Score tonight. I really enjoyed it too, even though I had some things figured out before they were revealed, but either way, it was great. I liked it much better than The Simpson's Movie, thats for sure. Good stuff! Looking forward to the next one! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Just got done watching Across the Universe. I bought it tonight on a whim because I wanted to see it and DAMN, I loved it. Great flick, especially if you are a Beatles fan. It is a musical of sorts. The actors do sing, but its more of skits when they do or the band playing. This is a movie I can watch over and over. I give it ****1/2 of *****

Bel-Cam Jos
02-09-2008, 08:34 AM
On Bravo or E! lately they've been showing That Thing You Do! a lot (girl) and that's one of my I-can't-turn-the-channel-gotta-see-it-through movies. Besides, that's my debut film performance in a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE. Every time I hear: "Hello, Pittsburgh! " it takes me back to 12 hours or so of extra cast work in LA's Orpheum Theater. Now I'm a star of stage and screen. :captaingeech:

JetsAndHeels
02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Watched Bender's Big Score tonight. I really enjoyed it too, even though I had some things figured out before they were revealed, but either way, it was great. I liked it much better than The Simpson's Movie, thats for sure. Good stuff! Looking forward to the next one! :thumbsup:

I still need to watch that one all the way through. I bought it last month and watched about 30 minutes of it then something else came up.

I watched Saw II last night after I bought it on dvd to complete the four total films.

Rocketboy
02-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Just finished Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.
My favorite Indy movie (although Raiders is a close second). Ford and Connery had an amazing chemistry together as father and son (the whole "She talksh in her shleep" line gets me every time). And then there's Elsa - you'd be hard pressed to find to find a hotter Nazi.
:love:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-10-2008, 08:21 PM
"There Will Be Blood"- Finally caught this flick and loved it. Daniel Day Lewis is amazing and Paul Dano does a terrific job as well. The cinematography is solid and i loved Jonny Greenwood's (Of Radiohead) score. Excellent film.- **** out of **** (although "No Country for Old Men" is still my favorite movie of 2007)

"Sunshine"- film starts off really strong and engrossing and then takes an odd turn to a psuedo slasher flick during the last thirty minutes. Shame too cos the first 2/3 of the movie are really solid and great. Left me disappointed and wondering what the hizzy happened. **1/2 out of ****

El Chuxter
02-10-2008, 11:36 PM
BCJ, nothing personal, but I was watching That Thing You Do, and your performance was so bad that I took out the DVD and buried it miles from civilization.

(Just kidding. I just wanted to say that to be an arse. :p)

General_Grievous
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I watched most of Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Epic lulz ensued.

Rocketboy
02-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Watched Stranger Than Fiction earlier today.
Picked it up for $7 at Circuit City last week.
Fun movie. Weird without being too weird and not your typical Will Ferrell flick. He actually shows some decent acting chops, rather than the usual goofball characters he usually plays (not that those goofball characters are bad...).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Been a while since i've posted in this thread, so here we go:

"Eastern Promises"- another solid outing from Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen. Great acting all around and the film is very solid- ***1/2 out of ****

"Right At Your Door"- Indie film about a series of dirty bombs that gets unleashed into LA and how one man seals himself in his house and what happens when his wife, covered in ash and chemicals, comes home for help. Great visuals, but the characters don't develop and the ending is totally off base. ** out of ****

"The Mist"- FINALLY caught this flick (in theaters!) and loved it. The CGI was iffy in a few scenes, but for the most part it was a terrific film about how people react when fear sets in and reason leaves. The ending was INSANE. ***1/2 out of ****

"Across the Universe"- Very entertaining film if you enjoy trippy sequences with Beatles music. And just so happens: I enjoy trippy sequences to Beatles music. *** out of ****

"Be Kind Rewind"- caught this film today and really enjoyed it. Jack Black and Mos Def work really well together oddly enough and like all Michel Gondry films, it requires a bit of suspension of belief, but besides that, it's a very positive, uplifting film. *** out of ****

Expect a few here soon. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-23-2008, 01:50 AM
I watched In the Valley of Elah earlier tonight. Outstanding movie! Easily one of my favorites from '07. Tommy Lee Jones was simply incredible. He was outstanding in No Country For Old Men, but he (somehow) topped that performance with this one (probably b/c he had more screen time); he definitely deserves to be nominated for Best Actor for his role as Hank Deerfield, in Elah. Phenomenal performance! Also in the cast was Charlize Theron, who was great, James Franco, Susan Sarandon, Josh Brolin, along with several others. But Tommy Lee Jones completely owned this movie; this was his film. Based off of actual events: This was a very engaging story about Jones (and Sarandon) trying to discover the truth around the disappearance of their son upon returning from duty in Iraq, with the help of local detective, played by Theron. This film was very well directed, by Paul Haggis. And while this was no Crash, (however, it does come relatively close), it is still a fantastic film. Highly recommended to all! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DarkArtist
02-23-2008, 05:00 PM
been sick with the Flu all week so in the times that I was able to focus long enough on the TV I caught up with all the Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Simpsons Movie and Epic Movie. also caught T2, ROTS, and the Goonies. sometime the best medicine besides tons of antibotics and sleep is the good old boob tube

Bel-Cam Jos
02-23-2008, 08:47 PM
BCJ, nothing personal, but I was watching That Thing You Do, and your performance was so bad that I took out the DVD and buried it miles from civilization.

(Just kidding. I just wanted to say that to be an arse. :p)You couldn't have seen it. That's impossible, even for a computer. I had no performance. :yes:

Caught Gangs of NY on cable this weekend. That's a weird movie, and I finally saw the end (on cable, that is), as I usually give up maybe 2/3 through. After all the blood, it ends fairly tamely.

TeeEye7
02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Caught Gangs of NY on cable this weekend. That's a weird movie, and I finally saw the end (on cable, that is), as I usually give up maybe 2/3 through. After all the blood, it ends fairly tamely.

Wow! That's been my experience with that movie, too. I've never been able to watch it all the way through. If I see it's coming on, I now pass on it. So, is it worth watching all the way through, BCJ, or should I stay blissfully ignorant of the ending?

Kidhuman
02-23-2008, 09:41 PM
My thoughts are its a good movie until the end, it builds to such a huge ending and it lets down.

Kidhuman
02-23-2008, 09:41 PM
I havent posted here in awhile. I have watched The Brave One, Saw 3 and 4 along with a few other movies over the last few weeks.

UKWildcat
02-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Did you enjoy Saw III and IV kh? I'm assuming Saw IV was your first viewing, not sure about III. But what did you think about them? Like 'em? :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I liked both of them, they were both first iewins. I actually watched 4 today and 3 last week. 4 had me confused a bit with the timeline and all. It seemed to have been going on as the same time as 3. I thought it was after, but I guess not.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-24-2008, 09:35 AM
For anybody who saw "There Will Be Blood" , you're going to LOVE THIS.

http://jenncho.imeem.com/video/M7ahua-e/milkshakes_tv_video/

From last nights SNL. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-24-2008, 11:21 AM
That was good. Bill Hader's one funny dude. The Anton Chigurh cameo was priceless. :D

Kidhuman
02-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I just watched Lifewith Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. I know its an older movie, but it was alright. Had some funny moments, probably one of Eddie Murphys last funny roles.

El Chuxter
02-24-2008, 04:49 PM
It kinda went on way too long, though.

Kidhuman
02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, it could have been shorter, but on a day like today where there is nothing else worth while watching, it was good.

DarthQuack
02-24-2008, 05:24 PM
About to watch the NASCAR race if it ever goes off.

Jargo
02-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Watched Snatch again last night. fantastic movie. really grips you and drags you along wit all the shenanigans. much better than lock stock and two smoking barrels. Snatch is a far less self conscious movie with excellent editing and for a low budget movie delivers far more than any blockbuster action movie. it has characters you can relate to. situations that seem as though they could actually happen rather than the usual fare of big explosions and physics defying stunts.
Snatch entertained me. stayed within the bounds of credible and I just love the character og Bricktop. it takes some acting to be that mean and callous and maintain a non pantomime villain credibility.
Boris the Russian is fantastic.

Followed Snatch up with Boogie Nights. well two thirds of it. the infernal dvd player decided to die at the point where Dirk Diggler starts to make it big in the eighties. dam shame coz i love the part where Alfred Molina goes ape with the gun.
I actually sat and watched the movie with an eye to detail seeing as i've seen it so many times before. the use of colours as sybolism is neat. the scene where Jack horner first meets Eddie Adams/Diggler where the kitchen is painted green and Horner is dressed in red while Adams wears white. just brilliant. not clever. very obvious but brilliant all the same.
Definitely one of Burt Reynolds best performances as Horner. And i know i've said that before here. I genuinely think Reynolds was perfectly cast.
my only criticism of the movie is the playing up of period objects like the 8-track in the hi-fi store and the stuff Eddie shows Amber in his new apartment. we already bought into the fact it's a period piece, it just felt like hammering the point home with zero subtlety.
end of the day i could watch Boogie nights over and over and still see more with each viewing. As an ensemble piece everyone gets time to shine and each character is excellently drawn and portrayed. It's just a movie you can almost touch and smell. (not always a good thing) it's a movie that transports you as a viewer to weird and wonderful world that's not fantasy and evokes a warm fuzzy nostalgia while at the same time alternately punching you in the guts and making you laugh.
hard to believe it was made over ten years ago.

DarthQuack
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Watching the NASCAR race on a Monday afternoon...

UKWildcat
02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Watched Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore) earlier today. Absolutely love this movie. Afterwards I watched the new Death is Beautiful featurette, which was pretty good, and quite informative. Anna Falchi is a goddess. :love:

I received a couple Netflix movies today, one is 30 Days of Night, which I am really looking forward to. The second is Beowulf.

JON9000
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
my only criticism of the movie is the playing up of period objects like the 8-track in the hi-fi store

That's because you didn't get it with the TK-421 option, which we install right here in the store. At the risk of beign branded hopeless, I didn't tell everyone at the time I got that reference!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Watched Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore) earlier today. Absolutely love this movie. Afterwards I watched the new Death is Beautiful featurette, which was pretty good, and quite informative. Anna Falchi is a goddess. :love:

I received a couple Netflix movies today, one is 30 Days of Night, which I am really looking forward to. The second is Beowulf.

Damn you, that's why there is a SHORT WAIT for those two films on my queue! :whip: hehehehheeh I actually need to send back my last three flicks all of which I finished watching tonight. One was MST3K, but the others:

"Nosferatu"- the original vampire flick is fun to watch for its technical aspects and the use of light and shadow, but the actual story and plot are all over the place and the ending is incredibly bad. I respect the flick for its legacy and what it did for film, but man o man, is it bad. rating- ** out of ****

"Gone Baby Gone"- Ben Affleck's directorial debut is a tense, noir style crime mystery flick about a private eye who is hired to find a missing girl. I really enjoyed this film: it always kept me guessing and the ending is sure to spark debate. I highly recommend this flick!- rating- ***1/2 out of ****

vader121
02-27-2008, 08:41 AM
I watched the following over the last few weeks:

License to Wed - was ok, funniest part is with the mechanical babies. Robin Williams was funny in this one.

Mr. Brooks - I liked it except the ending. Ending was really bad.

Good Luck Chuck - was average. Alba is always nice to look at. Pretty nice sex scenes in it if you are into that. Not Alba thought ... Doh!

Rescue Dawn - this was dissapointing. Dragged on too much. I expected a better movie.

American Gangster - this was ok. Kinda dissapointing actually. I expected it to be more brutal.

Watched these again (was sick for a week)
300 - Awesome movie!

Miracle - Great!

Longest Day - was on AMC, good for an older movie before the age of special effects that make it more real. I tend to laugh at death scenes because they are so cliched.

Hamburger Hill - good Vietnam flick.

Jargo
02-27-2008, 09:46 AM
watched the breakfast club again. appalling script by todays standards but effective as a teen movie i guess. horrible moments include Emelio Estevez dancing and the prettying up of Ally Sheedy's character near the end. I guess i've always hated happy endings because in life there are none so it seems cruel to display them so brazenly in movies and give people false hope.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-27-2008, 09:58 AM
watched the breakfast club again. appalling script by todays standards but effective as a teen movie i guess. horrible moments include Emelio Estevez dancing and the prettying up of Ally Sheedy's character near the end. I guess i've always hated happy endings because in life there are none so it seems cruel to display them so brazenly in movies and give people false hope.

Jesus. Somebody needs a hug and a pick me up bouquet! :thumbsup:

Jargo
02-27-2008, 10:31 AM
haha. Oh i'm not a miserable dude with that statement. just don't see happiness as anything other than a transitory fleeting thing. I don't believe happiness is a lasting state. but contentment is. contented endings are believable. but movie makers rarely go that route. it's either insanely upbeat and false or terribly depressing and contrived to make you feel that way. open endings and endings that just fizzle out are more realistic. i find those more satisfying because they leave me room to ponder.

El Chuxter
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I watched part of American Idol last night, but tuned out early since it was boring. This season sucks.

DarthQuack
02-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Tuned into Dante's Peak, with Pierce Brosnan...it was a so-so flick.

Kidhuman
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
I watched The Rock today. Hadnt watched it in 10 years. Nicholas Cage is a horrid actor. Thank god Connery and Harris made up for his performance(if you call it that)

El Chuxter
02-27-2008, 05:29 PM
The Magnificent Seven again. That movie is a bloody masterpiece.

Greatest line ever, after Britt shoots a guy off his horse at some ungodly distance:
Chico: That's the best shot I've ever seen!
Britt: Worst. I was aiming at the horse.

DarthQuack
02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Back to the Future in HD on CinemaxHD :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Damn you, that's why there is a SHORT WAIT for those two films on my queue! :whip: hehehehheeh

Sending 30 Days back tomorrow, so it may speed up your wait time, but I doubt it. lol ;)

Speaking of which, watched 30 Days of Night earlier today. I really enjoyed this movie, for the most part. The couple beefs I have are with the time-line, and the ending. The time-line one is rather understandable, but it seemed like days were passing on a random basis. One frame would be 7 days in, the next would be like 18, without anything to signify or denote a changing of the day or days. So this was kind of strange, but nothing that really takes away from the film; obnoxious maybe, but like I said, understandable (given the movie takes place over a span of 30 days). Just looks like they would have done it a little different. Anyways, moving along. The ending was... meh. I'm not going to go in depth here, because of spoilers, but I enjoyed the ending on one level, but didn't like it on another. The acting was ok for a horror movie, nothing special. Ben Foster was great though, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite (lesser-known) actors. The vampires were really cool. The movie was good fun, good for a couple of scares, lots of blood and gore and some pretty killer special effects, pun intended.

While watching the movie I decided that it is kind of like The Descent mixed with The Thing; really good creepy monsters that attack with a vengeance and a very desolate wintry environment/location. If this sounds good to you, then you will probably enjoy the movie, like I did.