PDA

View Full Version : What have you watched recently?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

UKWildcat
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Watched the last 1/2 of The Descent last night, followed by an entire viewing of Twilight Zone: The Movie.

JimJamBonds
08-27-2008, 03:03 AM
Yesterday I watched both the Mike Myers and David Spade best of SNL dvd's.

Ando
08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
My wife and I started rewatching Arrested Development from the beginning on Sunday night. We're almost done with Season 1.

Blue2th
08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Just finished watching Venture Bros. seasons one and two.
I can't wait for season 3.

Ando
08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Just finished watching Venture Bros. seasons one and two.
I can't wait for season 3.

I am LOVING the direction of season 3 right now! It's such an epic story arc and the episodes with 21 and 24 are downright hysterical.

Did anyone see the episode a few weeks back with 'Ventron'? It was the episode when the Monarch took the Cocoon to attack JJ at Spider Skull Island...

JimJamBonds
08-27-2008, 10:15 AM
I watched Super Troopers (again) this morning.

Blue2th
08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
I am LOVING the direction of season 3 right now! It's such an epic story arc and the episodes with 21 and 24 are downright hysterical.

Did anyone see the episode a few weeks back with 'Ventron'? It was the episode when the Monarch took the Cocoon to attack JJ at Spider Skull Island...
Yeah I saw that. I catch my fix of Venture Bros. on the Adult Swim site, because I turned off my cable tv. Though the episodes are not current, so I'm a little late on each installment. The most recent one was "The family that slays together"

There is a separate Venture Bros. thread btw. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38413&highlight=venture+bros

Ando
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
There is a separate Venture Bros. thread btw. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38413&highlight=venture+bros (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38413&highlight=venture+bros)

Oops, sorry.

Blue2th
08-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Oops, sorry.

No worries, there's no strict rules around here you can't discuss things in other threads. It's all good.
But then again, I'm not a moderator, so if they want to slap us, oh well. :D

Ando
08-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Well I wasn't too much off topic, was I?

Blue2th
08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Nope, not at all, I don't think so.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Got my netflix back, so here we go!

"Saw IV"- Easily one of the strongest of the series with a tight, fast paced plot and a great twist and toying with time and the events of the previous films. I read that the series ends with Saw VI next year and it's all mapped out. I'm excited to see how it all ends. *** out of ****

"I'm Not There"- for Bob Dylan fans and movie buffs only i'd say as it's a mess of a film, but it's supposed to be. All of the performances are solid and Cate Blanchett is unrecognizable as bob dylan in the peak of his 60's fame. It could have been half an hour shorter though. For the most part, very interesting and engaging film. *** out of ****

:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
08-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I watched Super Troopers yesterday (again) along with Police Academy.

Kidhuman
08-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Watched shoot em up again today.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
finally caught "Wall-E" today and absolutely loved it. It's FAAAAAAAAAAR better than the disappointing "Ratatouille" and i don't nkow how pixar makes you care about two robots that have an affection for each other, but dammit, they did. It's superb film on every level. Rating- **** out of **** :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
...the disappointing "Ratatouille"...

Man, we really do disagree on a lot of movies, eh? lol

JimJamBonds
09-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Over the last week or two I've watched both Season I and II of the tv show Bones.

Blue2th
09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Dark Blue World
About Czec pilots who after their country was invaded by Nazis, fought for the RAF. Some really nice flight scenes with Spitfires. Goes to show that they can still make good aviation war movies if they can wrangle up a few WWII planes. Subtitles.

DarthQuack
09-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Just been watching the Yankees lately, keeping the slim chances alive to slide in the back door of the playoffs.

Rocketboy
09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
The Yankees love having it slid in the back door.

JimJamBonds
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I was watching the Brewers **ss away their wild card lead... then I remembered Metallica Radio was on so I caught the last hour of that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I was watching the Brewers **ss away their wild card lead... then I remembered Metallica Radio was on so I caught the last hour of that.

with how poor my Cubs are playing, i'm really happy about that. hehehehehe

and I could have had the new metallica yesterday. Shame I don't care for their music post-LOAD era. God bless the interweb. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-07-2008, 07:20 PM
"The Spiderwick Chronicles"- it had the potential to be a good flick, but it's too fast, sloppy and not executed clearly enough to be a great film. ** out of **** :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I watched The Spiderwick Chronicles a few weeks ago, and rather enjoyed it. I watched it with my 8 yo niece, which always adds to the experience and puts some sentimental value to it. :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
09-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I just finished watching Heroes on blu-ray.

Special features were awesome, the "cut" scenes showed un-aired clips that were very revealing.

UKWildcat
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I didn't know Heroes was on Blu-ray. I have it on HD-DVD, but only watched an episode or two. Quality was/is real good, and I think there are some HD exclusive features; wonder if they were ported to the Blu-ray version?!?! That said, I did give up on season 2 not even half way through. It was terrible. Going to skip the 3rd season for obvious reasons.

sith_killer_99
09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
The blu-ray's came out last week. I bought Season 2 at Best Buy and have Season 1 on the way from Amazon.

As for special features, they likely ported it all over, but the new sets come with "blu-ray live" features.

Qui-Long Gone
09-08-2008, 03:53 PM
So I finally gave in and rented Heroes.....not bad season 1 opener. I may jump ahead and start watching season 3 when it starts up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I watched The Spiderwick Chronicles a few weeks ago, and rather enjoyed it. I watched it with my 8 yo niece, which always adds to the experience and puts some sentimental value to it. :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it, UK! I just thought it could have been a bit more flushed out.

more reviews:

"The Signal"- very solid film about an odd signal that causes people to become overly paranoid, brutal, and insane. It's an indie horror flick, but it has that same documentary style ala "28 Days Later" that is fun to see. The second act is kinda "Huh?" as it changes the tone and loses momentum, but overall, I really liked it. Rating- *** out of ****

"In Bruges"- what a surprise this flick was! Brenden Gleeson and Colin Farrell have a great chemistry together playing hitmen sent to hide out in Bruges by their boss played by Ralph Fiennes after a hit goes awry. It's a really funny flick, sporting a bit of action, and an unexpected dose of drama regarding choices, second chances, and morals. I was really caught off guard about what a solid movie it is! Rating- **** out of **** :thumbsup:

cookiemonster
09-16-2008, 02:02 AM
Just finished watching the entire Classic Dr Who Series Hartnell to McCoy, and I am in the middle of watching Blake's 7.

Ando
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Last night after the wife went to bed I watched "Death Sentence" with Kevin Bacon.

I haven't decided how I feel about it yet.

TeeEye7
09-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Because there was nothing else on last night: Coming to America on HBO. I had completely forgot Samuel L.Jackson was in it. He was the unsuccessful robber who had his shotgun taken away by Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall in the fast food joint in which they work. He shoulda used his light saber.

I'm beginning to believe that 80's fashion and hair was just as bad as the 70's. :whip:

UKWildcat
09-18-2008, 11:27 AM
I watched The Proposition last night, w/ Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone. It was outstanding. Its about a man (Pearce) who is forced to track down and kill one of his brothers (in order to spare the life of his other brother) who was responsible for the death of a family in a small town in the Australian western outback. The guy who directed it (John Hillcoat) is also at the helm of The Road which is due out in November. And Nick Cave (of the Bad Seeds) wrote the screenplay and did the music. Judging from Hillcoat's work on The Proposition, The Road could be outstanding. I'm very much looking forward to it as the book was phenomenal. But yeah, I thought The Proposition was excellent and I can highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
09-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I just caught up with Sarah Connor Chronicles, and we're finishing up Heroes season 1 (I hear season 2 was a trainwreck).

I also watched a ton of Spongebob with my son this week....

Ando
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Last night's Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Last night's Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth.

Another fan of Sci Fi's wednesday night line up!!!! I DVR it each week as I LOVE Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth. I know DT rarely has real proof, but I just enjoy the travel and cultural aspect of it. GH is a huge favorite of mine as i've had experiences with the paranormal and I love the stuff they catch.

The voice that they caught a few weeks back in Buffalo with the "leave me alone" was so damn creepy. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Ando
09-22-2008, 09:48 AM
I only watch DT because Gates is so darned entertaining.

Do you watch Paranormal State on A&E on Monday nights?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I only watch DT because Gates is so darned entertaining.

Do you watch Paranormal State on A&E on Monday nights?

yeah, Gates is pretty hilarious. I like this crew too, except for the new gal they have this season, Ryder. She pretty much does nothing and is always scared and wants to leave. Gets on my nerves.

and yup, I watch Paranormal State too! I think tonight is the season finale.

Ando
09-22-2008, 10:19 AM
and yup, I watch Paranormal State too! I think tonight is the season finale.

Did you catch the PS episode called "Vampire Lady"? I missed it the first time and they haven't repeated it since.

Rocketboy
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
I tend to watch Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth, and Paranormal State on occasion.

GH and PS are entertaining, but they're also very frustrating to watch. The cameras always seem to miss the best stuff on GH ("coincidence," I'm sure).
And on DT, they travel half way around the world to investigate for one night.
The more I watch PS the worse it gets. The whole thing feels like the drama is all fabricated.

Ando
09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
My wife and I just wish they'd turn the music down on GH. It gets LOUDER as the tension increases so you never hear what they hear.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Did you catch the PS episode called "Vampire Lady"? I missed it the first time and they haven't repeated it since.

Yeah, if I remember correctly I did. I dno't remember much of it though. I'd just keep my eyes on A&E as they rerun something like four episodes a night. Or try to watch it online?

I tend to watch Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth, and Paranormal State on occasion.

GH and PS are entertaining, but they're also very frustrating to watch. The cameras always seem to miss the best stuff on GH ("coincidence," I'm sure).
And on DT, they travel half way around the world to investigate for one night.
The more I watch PS the worse it gets. The whole thing feels like the drama is all fabricated.

I will say that out of all of them, I found GH to be the most credible. The camera can only move so fast, but they sometimes get really good stuff on their cameras and audio equipment. Some of their EVP's are downright disturbing.

DT- I agree; you'd think they would try to investigate for a few nights or so. I never understood that either.

PS- It definitely has its ups and downs. Some aspects of it I like, others get on my nerves. I think the whole fabrication drama comes from Ryan as he seems to get somewhat melodramatic at times. I like the guy and what he does, but sometimes I just want him to shut up and just shoot evidence already.

My wife and I just wish they'd turn the music down on GH. It gets LOUDER as the tension increases so you never hear what they hear.

It depends; sometimes I can hear what I think are thumps and whatnot. The Iron Museum episode a few weeks back had audible noises that I could hear while watching it. But I still see what you're saying. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
09-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I will say that out of all of them, I found GH to be the most credible. The camera can only move so fast, but they sometimes get really good stuff on their cameras and audio equipment. Some of their EVP's are downright disturbing. Yeah, but most of the time the camera is on the investigators when they have a "Holy crap! Did you see that!?" moment. The cameramen seem to be looking to film reactions rather than action.
And I agree, they do get some great stuff everything but film.

Lord Malakite
09-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I just watched He Was A Quiet Man on DVD. Like Donnie Darko its another one of those cult gem type movies that sort of got overlooked during its theatrical release. While I won't go as far as to say that it was better than Donnie Darko, I will definately give it the old thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2008, 02:32 PM
My son and I finished re-watching Batman the animated series season 1.

Awsome!

Again!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-02-2008, 12:17 AM
I just watched He Was A Quiet Man on DVD. Like Donnie Darko its another one of those cult gem type movies that sort of got overlooked during its theatrical release. While I won't go as far as to say that it was better than Donnie Darko, I will definately give it the old thumbs up. :thumbsup:

I watched this flick MONTHS ago and I really enjoyed it; it kind of caught me off guard with the solid performances from Slater and Cuthbert. I enjoyed some of the ideas it tackled and I thought overall it was a good film, although you could tell it was an indie flick. I still recommend it though.

after watching a disappointing Cubs game, I watched tonights GHOST HUNTERS. Another solid episode with some good evidence and whatnot. The EVP sounded pretty odd, but not nearly as spooky as the EVP's over the last few weeks, from last week's "Go home!" to the one a few weeks ago with the Saw-esque voice, "Leave me alone." Those gave me chills. :thumbsup:

Ando
10-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Last night's Ghost Hunters was awesome. It was really creepy when Jason had to look for his flip flop and it was in a room that no one had been in. I was disappointed that they didn't try to light a candle in that one room where the lady always blows them out...

And even though Destination Truth is usually a letdown (evidence wise), I was thoroughly creeped out by the trip to the woods near Mt. Fuji. That was pretty intense, although I wished they would have used the thermal camera a lot more.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Last night's Ghost Hunters was awesome. It was really creepy when Jason had to look for his flip flop and it was in a room that no one had been in. I was disappointed that they didn't try to light a candle in that one room where the lady always blows them out...

And even though Destination Truth is usually a letdown (evidence wise), I was thoroughly creeped out by the trip to the woods near Mt. Fuji. That was pretty intense, although I wished they would have used the thermal camera a lot more.

That flip flop thing was creepy, but it also seemed very playful. I think they didn't light the candle as they were afraid of maybe some sort of fire, as the locations had several fires in the past.

And DT was pretty intense, i definitely agree. That forest was pretty insane, just with the atmosphere, the history, and the cut up licenses, credit cards and ID's the group found. That was pretty disturbing stuff.

And I love how the team is starting to give Ryder guff for complaining all the time. FINALLY. :thumbsup:

Ando
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
And I love how the team is starting to give Ryder guff for complaining all the time. FINALLY. :thumbsup:

Yeah, she's a big scaredy cat baby. And I love seeing her get roasted for it, especially when Josh makes fun of her.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 09:08 PM
The last thing I watched was the New Clone Wars episodes "Ambush" and "Malevolence Rising".

electricidad
10-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Last night I watched Heroes, Boston Legal and hit the treadmill for the Battlestar Galactica episodes Exodus I and II. It was an excellent night.

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I really cant get into the New Battlestar Galactica, I guess I am old school, I would have loved them to have made the Richard Hatch version, from his books.

To me the New Battlestar Galactica, looks like Babylon 5.

JimJamBonds
10-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I watched Baby Mamma or Baby Drama or whatever its called and it was carp. I couldn't even get through the entire thing. Chuck season 1 however was and is awesome.

Rocketboy
10-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I watched Baby Mamma or Baby Drama or whatever its called and it was carp. I couldn't even get through the entire thing. Chuck season 1 however was and is awesome.Baby Mama wasn't that bad (wasn't that good either).
And I agree Chuck is awesome. I saw most of the first season when it aired and I'm slowly making my way through the dvds.

Kidhuman
10-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I watched Baby Mama also. It was Ok, had 1 or 2 funny parts.

Blue2th
10-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I really cant get into the New Battlestar Galactica, I guess I am old school, I would have loved them to have made the Richard Hatch version, from his books.

To me the New Battlestar Galactica, looks like Babylon 5.

Did you know Richard Hatch is in the new series? Quite a bit actually.

Qui-Long Gone
10-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Did you know Richard Hatch is in the new series? Quite a bit actually.

I love his character. I'm holding hope to him being the 12 Cylon from earth! :thumbsup:

Blue2th
10-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Watched The Happening today. Interesting but not really that good.

I bought HP Lovecraft's From Beyond today and The Machinist.

I think I've seen the first one and it was really good, and it has added unrated footage. I've heard the second movie was good also with two thumbs up from Siskel and Egghead.

cookiemonster
10-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah I know he is in the New one, however its not the Classic BSG which his books are a continuation of, what we have now is to more reminiscent of Babylon 5, not Original BSG, you see what I am saying now Blue2th.

JimJamBonds
10-12-2008, 04:10 PM
I watched Hot Shots! and Semi Pro yesterday.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I've been plowing through DVD's that were collecting dust over the last year or so.

Watched:

- It's Always Sunny In Philadephia season 1-2- Very very funny show. I have season 3 on my Christmas list.

- Carnivale seasons 1-2- Pretty solid show, but I can see why it was canned cos it took FOREVER to get going. Good lawd! I enjoyed it though. Shame we won't know how things would've ended.

- Kids in the Hall season 5- Pretty solid season, FAR better than season 4. It had some great moments with the chicken lady, Armada and the classic sketch, "God is Dead." Plus, Bellinni FINALLY spoke.....at the end of the series finale.

Right now i'm watching the complete series of EXTRAS, which is HYSTERICAL. I was never that big a fan of the UK Office, but I love EXTRAS, once I got past how damn awkward I felt while watching it.

What I have left:
Black Sheep
Blade Runner (directors cut)
Dexter s. 2
Night and Day Watch
Six Feet Under seasons 1-5

and my buddy sent me the last three volumes of BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES to add to my volume 1. I'm really excited to watch them when I have time, which won't probably be till late 08, but still! :thumbsup:

electricidad
10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
You have excellent taste.

The Kids in the Hall finale has to be one of the funniest half hours of television ever (Hitler blanks a donkey and Soup du jour still bring a tear to my eyes).

Rocketboy
10-14-2008, 07:13 PM

The Kids in the Hall finale has to be one of the funniest half hours of television ever (Hitler blanks a donkey and Soup du jour still bring a tear to my eyes).That is a series I'd love to have.

My all-time favorite moment is when Cabbage Head gets shot in the head.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2008, 10:30 PM

The Kids in the Hall finale has to be one of the funniest half hours of television ever (Hitler blanks a donkey and Soup du jour still bring a tear to my eyes).

lol many thanks for the compliment!! And the finale is pretty solid!! I got a bit nostaligic and sad when they finally take off their wigs and say their goodbyes to the audience. I've seen the Kids many times live, most recently this past April and I was able to meet them back on 2000. They are the nicest group of guys i've met (minus Kevin, who was sick and left after the show). Very cool fellas and more than willing to talk to you for hours and sign anything........despite being pretty drunk. hehehehhee

That is a series I'd love to have.

My all-time favorite moment is when Cabbage Head gets shot in the head.

I got the series back in 2006 I believe when Deep Discount had them as buy one, get one free. so I paid for three season and got two free. Very good deal! :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
10-16-2008, 10:24 AM
You Don't Mess with the Zohan.

I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan, but I enjoyed this one.

mabudonicus
10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Watched "MetalStorm- the Destruction of Jared-Syn" last night.

Every time I see it, it is crappier and crappier- not helped by the fact that the actual film gets leagues crappier as it "unfolds"
:beard: Iso&Baws

Maybe MegaForce tonight again

JimJamBonds
10-18-2008, 05:47 PM
I finished watching How I Met Your Mother Season 3 today. Back to working on Chuck... again.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Caught the finale of DESTINATION TRUTH and the episode of Ghost Hunters on Wednesday night. DT was alright, more humor than anything else. I really liked GH's and I loved the "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the hell?" expression on Jason when that "ghost" was messing with his flashlight. That was damn funny! :thumbsup:

Ando
10-20-2008, 10:10 AM
The wife and I just started rewatching "Firefly" and Season 1 of "30 Rock".

We also caught the premier of "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel. This was a pretty interesting show. They visited Bobby Mackey's Music World down in Kentucky, which is kind of a coincidence because we just watched the episode of "A Haunting" that covered this location within that last week or two.

And of course, The Clone Wars which I am really looking forward to on DVD. I think it will be really cool to be able to watch multiple episodes in a row without commercials.

Qui-Long Gone
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Watching Slater saying "I am tooo people" in that whiney, nasal tone turned me off to My Own Enemy....but I had to watch it with my wife because I was on the computer and the TV is next to it....

To make a long story short, we're getting hooked on this quirky drama....:thumbsup:

Ando
10-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I am really getting into My Own Worst Enemy. It's got elements of Total Recall and True Lies that have made it really interesting.

I have a theory that Henry is the real man and that Edward was "created". Any thoughts?

Also, for any fans of 'A Haunting' on Discovery, they have adapted the 'A Haunting in Connecticut' episode into a feature film: http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehauntinginconnecticut/ (http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehauntinginconnecticut/)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM
The wife and I just started rewatching "Firefly" and Season 1 of "30 Rock".

We also caught the premier of "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel. This was a pretty interesting show. They visited Bobby Mackey's Music World down in Kentucky, which is kind of a coincidence because we just watched the episode of "A Haunting" that covered this location within that last week or two.

And of course, The Clone Wars which I am really looking forward to on DVD. I think it will be really cool to be able to watch multiple episodes in a row without commercials.

I caught GHOST ADVENTURES and thought it was so-so. I'll give it another chance. I jsut found the narrator really really boring and kinda dull. Their walking apparation was cool though!

I am really getting into My Own Worst Enemy. It's got elements of Total Recall and True Lies that have made it really interesting.

I have a theory that Henry is the real man and that Edward was "created". Any thoughts?

Also, for any fans of 'A Haunting' on Discovery, they have adapted the 'A Haunting in Connecticut' episode into a feature film: http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehauntinginconnecticut/ (http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehauntinginconnecticut/)

Thanks for the trailer link; i remember that two hour episode on "A Haunting" and was uber creeped out. I don't remember anything about seances though; I just remember that it was a funeral home and had a possible demon and the ordeal ended with an exorcism. I do recall the son getting cancer and becoming disturbed, but not to the extent that was shown in the trailer.

I do wish they would have newer episodes of "A Haunting" too.

Gonna watch GH's from last night here in a bit. :thumbsup:

Ando
10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I caught GHOST ADVENTURES and thought it was so-so. I'll give it another chance. I jsut found the narrator really really boring and kinda dull. Their walking apparation was cool though!

Did you see the episode of A Haunting that took place at Bobby Mackey's Music World? This is the same place that the Ghost Adventures guys locked themselves into.

What'd you think of the provoking in the basement where the one guy got that big nasty scratch?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-23-2008, 01:14 PM
My DVR didn't record that episode. I only got the premiere thing where they traveled to some old west towns. I checked the clip on their site and it looked crazy. I'm gonna DVR that episode and the new one tomorrow night.

And that's funny how they're at the place that was shown on "A Haunting." Small world, ghostly speaking! :thumbsup:

Ando
10-23-2008, 02:07 PM
My DVR didn't record that episode. I only got the premiere thing where they traveled to some old west towns. I checked the clip on their site and it looked crazy. I'm gonna DVR that episode and the new one tomorrow night.

And that's funny how they're at the place that was shown on "A Haunting." Small world, ghostly speaking! :thumbsup:

The premiere episode was better than the 2 hour 'movie/documentary' from 2006.

The TAPS guys visited the places in Nevada that the GA guys went to in the movie/documentary.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-27-2008, 08:36 AM
I watched more of GHOST ADVENTURES and I just can't get into it. The entire team gets on my nerves, especially the main host guy. There seems to be too much fluff, like that shot of the group walking on the train tracks by Mackey's, looking like they're buff and about to kick arse. The host is also ridiculous as he's yelling at his team not to run and when he gets attacked, he starts freaking out and running. Plus, a lot of their evidence is garbled and muffled.

There is a new hour episode of PARANORMAL STATE on tonight though, so i'm DVRing that. :thumbsup:

Ando
10-27-2008, 10:39 AM
I am looking forward to Paranormal State tonight. And we get TWO new Ghost Hunters this week.

Is anyone going to watch the live Halloween special this year?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
I am looking forward to Paranormal State tonight. And we get TWO new Ghost Hunters this week.

Is anyone going to watch the live Halloween special this year?

I'll be in Columbus at a concert, but I plan on DVRing the halloween special. I wish they were going back to the Stanley though. I can't imagine the Fort being too crazy; i hope i'm proven wrong.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Pretty decent PARANORMAL STATE this week. The exorcism is pretty creepy and I'm still shocked it went for 9 hours.

I'm watching last night's GHOST HUNTERS right now. They're having a HUUUUUUUUUUGE GH marathon tomorrow leading up to the Live special. I'm DVRing nearly all of it, aside from a few I know i've seen. This includes the INSANE Dayton WPAFB episode, which I love as when i'm not teaching, I live about 25 minutes from WP and have been there on a few occasions.

This week, i've watched some flicks.

I had put my Bond marathon on hold and i figured with the new flick due out in a few weeks, I should get on it.

So, I watched "Tomorrow Never Dies" and for the most part, I enjoyed it. I wasn't sure about the villian at first, but I finally warmed up to him eventually. The action scenes were solid and while I liked them, it was pretty standard Bond fare. You can also tell that the series was well on its way to using way too many gadgets, but overall, I really liked it. *** out of ****

"Batman: Gotham Knight"- This was pretty awful. THe stories were short and boring, the animation wasn't too impressive, and I just found the whole thing tedious. * out of ****

:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
for anybody else who watches PUSHING DAISIES, things are not looking good.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b66522_did_abc_just_cancel_pushing_daisies.html

How is that crap like KNIGHT RIDER, ACCORDING TO JIM, and TWO AND A HALF MEN stays on the air and a fresh, enjoyable, and unique show like PD doesn't get viewers? Good lord. :upset::upset:

Ando
10-31-2008, 09:47 AM
for anybody else who watches PUSHING DAISIES, things are not looking good.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b66522_did_abc_just_cancel_pushing_daisies.html (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b66522_did_abc_just_cancel_pushing_daisies.html)

How is that crap like KNIGHT RIDER, ACCORDING TO JIM, and TWO AND A HALF MEN stays on the air and a fresh, enjoyable, and unique show like PD doesn't get viewers? Good lord. :upset::upset:

I can't speak for AtJ and 2 1/2 Men, but Knight Rider is a giant car commercial for Ford and if they keep supplying cars and paying their ad bills, the show will stay on the air.

I've never seen Pushing Daisies (too many shows to watch as it is), but I've heard good things. I will probably check it out on DVD sometime soon. I felt the same way when Fox (they are the WORST when it comes to killing shows) killed Arrested Development.

El Chuxter
10-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Apparently none of their Wednesday shows are doing good. I think they ought to shuffle the schedule a bit. Maybe put Generic Hospital Drama Spinoff on the same night as Generic Hospital Drama, and put Ugly Betty on with Pushing Daisies. (Their juxtapositions on Wednesday always seemed bizarre to me.)

pbarnard
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Just watched Iron Man via netflix. Wife said not another comic movie when it started, than at the end, said only The Dark Knight is a better comic movie. Enjoyed it, but glad I didn't pay anything to see anything this year in the theaters.

Also, on Friday, using free ticket vouchers through some skin cream which she gave away as gifts in China, saw High School Musical 3. Stereotyped, cliched, predictable, and when will any movie get the college application/acceptance process right?

Ando
11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
- I watched a little bit of the Ghost Hunters Halloween special and decided that I'd rather watch the highlights show on the 5th.

- Ghost Adventures. Kinda cool, but the previews for this week's (the 7th) episode look good.

- An American Haunting. YAWN.

- Rewatched all of the Clone Wars episodes with my brother in law on Saturday (no cable).

- Some episodes of Curious George with my wife and our 3 1/2 year old nephew. He spent the night with us on Halloween.

- Part of the Oregon/Cal game. That was a dissapointment. But hey, now Michigan has been mathematically eliminated from post season bowl eligibility, so that's a plus.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Last night I watched Battle Planet on Sci-Fi...

ouch.

Jargo
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Watched about ten minutes of 187 tonight. Samuel Jackson before his ego murdered him and took over. not a bad ten minutes. I may sit down and watch the whole movie sometime.

JimJamBonds
11-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I finished re watching How I Met Your Mother Season I a few days ago. All in all pretty good but I forgot how much of a d bag Ted starts off as. Barny however was awesome from the pilot on.

UKWildcat
11-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Just got through watching The Foot Fist Way. I've been a fan of Danny McBride's for a while now, and his performance was great in this one. I enjoyed this low budget comedy, thought it was good/funny. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-09-2008, 05:37 AM
I wathed Get Smart the other day. I enjoyed it.

Watched 1/2 of Leatherheads last night. CARP in a deep fried batter is what that was

jediguy
11-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Countdown with Keith Olbermann

the best liberal leaning show on the tele, besides any sitcom or cartoon on FOX

oh, the irony

Slicker
11-09-2008, 07:44 AM
I watched Donnie Darko the other day for the first time. It was okay but it's definitely quite overrated and, IMO, doesn't deserve all of the hype it gets. It's much like Boondock Saints in that respect. Good movie but I had it shoved down my throat how good it was and I sucked for not having seen it and then I was highly underwhelmed by it.

sith_killer_99
11-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I recently watched:

Return to Sleepaway Camp
Stripper Zombies:D:twisted::yes:
Get Smart:D

pbarnard
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
NOT A DAMN THING. DVD won't spin, so gotta either lube the motor or get a whole new unit.

Rocketboy
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
If you end up lubing your unit, please keep it to yourself.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Watched about ten minutes of 187 tonight. Samuel Jackson before his ego murdered him and took over. not a bad ten minutes. I may sit down and watch the whole movie sometime.
Coincidentally (or not at all), Mace Windu's clone trooper battalion is the 187th.

Ando
11-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Coincidentally (or not at all), Mace Windu's clone trooper battalion is the 187th.

I was wondering about that, too. I noticed it when the 187th Unleashed 4 Pack came out last year.

It's very cool whether they did that intentionally or not.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
NOT A DAMN THING. DVD won't spin, so gotta either lube the motor or get a whole new unit.

You can pick up a new DVD player for like $30-$40 at Wal-Mart.

I will be buying Hellboy II today on Blu-Ray!

pbarnard
11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
You can pick up a new DVD player for like $30-$40 at Wal-Mart.

I will be buying Hellboy II today on Blu-Ray!

Why if when I get the time, and with the proper pictures found on the internet, the can of WD40 I have will solve the issue? Plus with a car repair bill outstanding, and 3 other DVD players that could be fed into the TV (however, the one hooked is the only one with digital/fiber opitc interfaces atm) would I bother? Plus I like taking things apart.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
You just have to be really careful when attempting to repair stuff like this, it may be worth it to do so, but sometimes it is not. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Jargo
11-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Star Wars revisited. The fan edit by Adywan.
It was - interesting. a little too blunt in the cutting at times but his additional CGI work was impressive and his compositing was ace. the myriad tiny corrections in continuity and the clarity of this version are awesome. and the only drawback for me is how far into the background he's pushed the musical score. he pretty much nailed the destruction of Alderaan as I see it in the bonus cut and extended scenes.

A good watch. not perfect but then I guess it's really Adywan's perfect. I'm not sure I'm ready for jabba the Hutt in 3D though.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Well, I just finished watching Hellboy II.

Great stuff.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2008, 09:56 AM
For anybody watching MY OWN WORST ENEMY, bad news as it's been axed.

Rocketboy
11-13-2008, 01:33 PM
You mean something involving Christian Slater isn't a success?
I'm stunned.

*Looks at Slater's IMDB resume*

Oh wait...no I'm not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I haven't been watching MADtv, I'll tell you that much. And apparently neither has anybody else, so they're finally putting it out of its misery.

On a somewhat similar note, SNL has added Abby Elliott (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2212031/) (daughter of Chris) to the cast, and she's definitely not difficult to look at.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I haven't been watching MADtv, I'll tell you that much. And apparently neither has anybody else, so they're finally putting it out of its misery.

On a somewhat similar note, SNL has added Abby Elliott (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2212031/) (daughter of Chris) to the cast, and she's definitely not difficult to look at.

holy crap. How did something that attractive spring from his loins?!?!? I don't get it.

Rocketboy
11-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I didn't know MADtv was still on the air.

Kidhuman
11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
For anybody watching MY OWN WORST ENEMY, bad news as it's been axed.

No big surprise. The show got old after 2 episodes, same old stuff.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Finally finished up my Bond marathon just in time for QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

"The World is Not Enough"- Pretty decent Bond film, although a bit too by the numbers. The action sequences also drag out way too long and the plot is kinda jumbled. Also, Denise Richards is great to look at, but such a poor actress. This is pretty much hte beginning of the end for Brosan's Bond era- ** out of ****

"Die Another Die"- and here is the end of the end for Brosan's Bond era. hehehehe shoddy CGI on an invisible car (so awful) and a really bad plot about identity changing and yet more lasers. Halle Berry is also really bad in the flick. So so bad; like "Moonraker" bad!- * out of ****

I won't be seeing QOS for another few weeks, but i'm pretty excited about it! :thumbsup:

Ando
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I just couldn't get into any of the Brosnan movies after Goldeneye. He was a good Bond, but the stories were kinda lame to me.

UKWildcat
11-15-2008, 12:59 AM
I watched Clive Barker's The Midnight Meat Train the other night.

This movie was okay. I've definitely viewed worse.

TeeEye7
11-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Yesterday: finished re-watching Ken Burn's documentary The War, after several day's viewnings (it's 15 hours long).

I'm going to back and watch the deleted interviews and special features next. I wanted to watch the whole series uninterrupted first, tho.

Kidhuman
11-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Hellboy and Clone Wars movie

sith_killer_99
11-15-2008, 10:39 PM
I bought "Reaper" season 1 the other day. This is a really good comedy!

I also bought "How I Met Your Mother" season 3, I haven't really been following HIMYM since I deployed in early '06. I am looking forward to catching up, I really like the series.:love:

I have also watched a few episodes of "Life". I ordered the first few discs of season 1 from Netflix.

Pushing daisies is next on my list.

pbarnard
11-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Kung-Fu Panda on the portable DVD player plugged into the TV.

The DVD player I was planning to fix was dead. The laser wasn't pulling any power even before I started to disconnect its jumpers.

Blue2th
11-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Yesterday: finished re-watching Ken Burn's documentary The War, after several day's viewnings (it's 15 hours long).

I'm going to back and watch the deleted interviews and special features next. I wanted to watch the whole series uninterrupted first, tho.

I saw some of this on PBS, but I want to see the whole thing. Probably rent it if I can't find it on sale.

Finally after all this time I watched The Departed
Great movie!

DarkArtist
11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
within the past 2 weeks:

Iron Man
The Hulk
Rounders
Wild Hogs
The Brothers Grimm

Qui-Long Gone
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
My kids and I watched the 60s Batman movie, they loved it (they are 2 and 6....)

....then we watched the Kilmer/Jones/Carry Batman and my kids lost respect for me as their father....

Ando
11-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Last night: Chuck, Heroes, and Terminator.

Picked up on DVD today: The Clone Wars and Tropic Thunder.

Tomorrow: My copy of Zombie Strippers on DVD should should up, so I will see if I can talk the wife into watching that.

pbarnard
11-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Clone Wars.
Not as bad as it could've been, but still made the right call not going to the theaters. Will probably wait to see if it is bundled with the series before picking up.

DarkArtist
11-20-2008, 10:56 AM
My kids and I watched the 60s Batman movie, they loved it (they are 2 and 6....)

....then we watched the Kilmer/Jones/Carry Batman and my kids lost respect for me as their father....

huge fan of the 60's Batman....trying to find a complete series on DVD but haven't had any luck.

it's funny but i actually like some of the sequences for Batman Forever but not one of the best movies....

caught Ghost Rider yesterday while working out. i tell watching a movie and working out...it's amazing how time flies

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Last night: Chuck, Heroes, and Terminator.

Picked up on DVD today: The Clone Wars and Tropic Thunder.

Tomorrow: My copy of Zombie Strippers on DVD should should up, so I will see if I can talk the wife into watching that.

TROPIC THUNDER is REALLY HILARIOUS. I love that flick. I'm asking for the two disc unrated thing for X-mas.

huge fan of the 60's Batman....trying to find a complete series on DVD but haven't had any luck.

it's funny but i actually like some of the sequences for Batman Forever but not one of the best movies....

caught Ghost Rider yesterday while working out. i tell watching a movie and working out...it's amazing how time flies

Yeah, I thought I read that the original BATMAN series is finally coming to DVD. I'll see if i can find the article.

Working out and watching movies is great. I have some movies on my ipod and when I watch those when I bike, time does fly.

Also caught GHOST HUNTERS last night with that INSANE EVP that creeped me out. I thought it was fake at first, but they weren't able to find anything. But it was so loud! Hell, I heard it sitting on my lazy boy and watching it on TV! I need to watch the last 10 minutes though as I got a phone call and missed it. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
The only concrete news I've read of a 1960s Batman DVD is the speculation and supposedly inside word that Fox is using it as a bargaining chip in their lawsuit with WB over Warner, hoping to finally get Warner to sign off on the damn thing. (I wouldn't be surprised if it's totally ready to go, just waiting for the lawsuit to wrap up, and will hit streets in record time. I'm sure Fox would love it to coincide with the Dark Knight DVD.)

There was also mention of Adam West recording commentary, but then he came back and said it was for a documentary he was doing on his own. Course, that could be a red herring to cover an accidental leak.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2008, 07:43 PM
It's official: PUSHING DAISIES is no more. http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b69940_sources_daisies_eli_dsm_canceled.html

Remind me to send ABC a large cardboard box full of my excrement after thanksgiving dinner. k thanks. :upset:

according to the creator, Bryan Fuller, he has said something about a comic series run after episode 13's cliffhanger:

According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."

El Chuxter
11-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I read this, and it's amazing. Amazingly stupid. There is officially nothing on TV anymore. I wish I could cancel the networks and pay less for just basic cable. Because Family Guy and American Dad are on Cartoon Network a couple of weeks later, anyway.

They'd rather have crap that costs nothing to make than good television that they actually have to pay for. I never told anyone to watch this show who didn't end up loving it. Trouble is, no one knew it existed because they did such a ****ty job of promoting it.

And they wonder why TV viewership is down. It has very little to do with the internet. It's because they don't have enough decent shows. I don't mean to sound like some old fart pining for the good old days, but if they had more shows of the quality level of, say, Seinfeld or I Love Lucy or even just Third Rock from the Sun or Quantum Leap, their numbers wouldn't be in the crapper.

It's sad to watch the television stations, comic publishers, etc, blaming their declining audience on new media rather than just admitting they suck at telling stories that interest people.

TeeEye7
11-20-2008, 08:06 PM

I don't know about West Texas, but here in California, we call in Child Protective Services for exposing kids to something like that, QLG! ;)

sith_killer_99
11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Cliff hanger ending...well it looks like I won't be wasting my time getting into this show.

I had high hopes and really wanted to get the thing on DVD, I almost bought it a couple of weeks ago and I was just about to jump in, oh well.

I just can't bare to live with another unfinished television series.:mad:

JetsAndHeels
11-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Back to the Future Part 3 today on the movie channel. I had not seen that one in quite some time.

Plus it was better than watching the slaughter of the Lions on CBS. :)

Jargo
11-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Iron man. excellent movie until the controntation between Stark and Stane. just not inventive enough. i'm warmed up for the sequel though.

sith_killer_99
11-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I just finished "Hancock"...it was good, not as good as I had hoped for, but worth watching none the less.

Jargo
11-28-2008, 10:33 AM
kung fu panda. not bad. not brilliant but not bad.

Ji'dai
11-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Been fortunate finding new releases at the library in the last two weeks. I've finally seen Iron Man, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Happening, and Wall-E for the first time. Picked up Hancock this morning but have yet to watch it.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Saw my first James Bond film in a theater. Q of S wasn't too bad, although Bond was bad, very bad. As in bada**. As was mentioned upon leaving the movie, he was "heartless," not the style of Bond from previous ones. But I didn't dislike it.

sith_killer_99
11-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I just watched Kung Fu Panda with my daughter today, it was okay, worth watching.

pbarnard
11-29-2008, 08:52 AM
My wife made me watch Sex & the City movie. I loved the dog. Reminded me of my yorkie that was put down last year.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Saw my first James Bond film in a theater. Q of S wasn't too bad, although Bond was bad, very bad. As in bada**. As was mentioned upon leaving the movie, he was "heartless," not the style of Bond from previous ones. But I didn't dislike it.

I'd disagree: it's the emotions that Bond has that make this version different. How he lets the job and his relationship with Vesper mess with him makes him human and I love that.

on a side note, i'm selling 40-50 used DVD's and PS2 games. If anybody is interested, let me know. Gracias! :thumbsup:

Jargo
11-30-2008, 04:02 AM
i've been skimming through movies i've downloaded. (yes i know it's naughty but i only download ones i'm interested in buying at some point.) I've enjoyed what i've seen of Chronicles of riddick, Spiderwick chronicles, The waterhorse - legend of the deep, fear and loathing in las vegas, pan's labyrinth, sleepy hollow, the incredible hulk.
Pan's labyrinth is un subtitled but from the sections i've watched the story translates even without dialogue. not to mention that it looks gorgeous. I guess it's a testament to the old adage 'show, don't tell' and Guillermo Del Toro's skill as a director that it's such an easy movie to understand.

JimJamBonds
11-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Bones Season III, Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special.

Ando
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
I saw 4 Christmases (very funny).

112th Edition of the Civil War (Oregon VS. Oregon State). GO DUCKS!

And Twilight with the wife. WOW, that was a bad movie. Vampires with no fangs that "sparkle" in the sunlight? LAME.

Jargo
12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
the mummy returns. Brendan Fraser's weave was the best actor in it. if i gave awards for bad movies it would be the pig terd award and the mummy returns would get nine.

TeeEye7
12-02-2008, 02:19 AM
The Bourne Ultimatum today.

The Bourne series had to be an editor's nightmare! Wonderful action-packed stuff. Although I've seen all three movies several times, I still get caught up in the story.

UKWildcat
12-02-2008, 12:19 PM
The Bourne Ultimatum today.

The Bourne series had to be an editor's nightmare! Wonderful action-packed stuff. Although I've seen all three movies several times, I still get caught up in the story.

I ended up watching that, again, the other night on HBO HD. Great stuff indeed. One awesome franchise of movies!!!
BTW - Ultimatum did win Oscars for Best Editing and Sound Editing (along with Sound)... very well deserved! :thumbsup:

Last night I caught The Condemned on HBO HD. This movie wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating... but it wasn't that good either. Stars Steve Austin, a bunch of other big dudes, and a couple of hot chicks. Some decent action, but that's about it.

DarkArtist
12-03-2008, 01:46 PM
so last night i saw one of the worst movies ever made and as such has completely steered me away from ever reading the books associated with the movie. i was extremely glad that the tickets were free, might have had to track down the writer and directer and as Hank Hill would say "Kick their ***"

the movie was Twlight, the recent Stephanie Meyer blockbuster of teenager love triangle vampire spin (this was like the original Kristy Swanson Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Harry Potter meets the Star Wars Prequels.) horrible writing, acting and dialogue. 2 hours of agony with a side of "why am I here."

i went for my wife because she has gone to various movies with me that she had no interest in so i'm sure that she has said the same things about my movies that i've posted about this one, but i can honestly say that i think when the sequels come out i might have to pack either my DS or PSP.

Ando
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I did the same thing for my wife over the weekend.

And I should have brought my portable DVD player with me.

DarthQuack
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Well, since I've had 3 out of the 4 Ultimate James Bond box sets, I decided to start watching them, since I've never seen anything before Goldeneye....I watched Dr. No last week and From Russia with Love last night...I enjoyed both so far!

Ando
12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
When I was 18-19, I watched every single James Bond movie like 4-5 times each.

My favorites are Goldfinger, Thunderball, OHMSS, For Your Eyes Only, Living Daylights, and GoldenEye.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I just finished up a 11-12 hour LORD OF THE RINGS extended edition marathon that I started yesterday afternoon. I can't talk enough about how much I love these films. I gotta say that I feel like it trumps the SW saga in every category. :thumbsup:

But i'm sure that can be debated. :p

JetsAndHeels
12-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Saw Punisher: War Zone last night.

Lots of brutality and a good amount of gore. I enjoyed it!!

UKWildcat
12-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall for the first time the other night. I really liked it. Not non-stop laughs, but there were some very funny moments. Overall, very solid movie. :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Just finished Prince Caspien and Baby Momma.

I enjoyed both.

bigbarada
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I watched Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda over the Thanksgiving holiday and they were both great movies. I watched each one multiple times and, while it took me a couple of viewings to really warm up to it, I think I liked Kung Fu Panda a little bit better.

I loved the opening segment of Wall-E but didn't feel that the human storyline was developed as well as it should be. I think it was the cutting between realistic human characters and animated human characters that made that aspect of the movie feel rushed to me.

Ando
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
We watched Charlie Wilson's War on DVD last night. Great movie.

Jargo
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I watched Kung Fu Panda again and now I'm completely torn between hating the Pantomime element and loving the overall style and design and hating every voice aside from jack Black and dustin hoffman and the chinese dude who played the old turtle.

the whole noodle shop thing and crane for a father mmmm just didn't buy it. cruddy pantomime. the kung fu was great though fantastic action sequences with enough tension and humour to captivate. Whin tigress goes up against the erm, bad cat dude, and the whole sequence cranks up a notch with all the rope stuff. awesome! the bad cat dude totally got his tail handed to him several times. he just got lucky with that last swing on the rope. Po is the man. they should just redo his dad and make him a Panda. with a really deep voice like james earl jones and like do a special added bonus where the old turtle dude gives advice and philosophical training vibes. like a mystic easter egg or something.

El Chuxter
12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
You hated all the voices aside from Black and Hoffman? Even Ian McShane as Tai Lung (the bad guy)? I do agree, though, that Mantis should've been Vince Offer instead of Seth "Very Little Talent" Rogen. He could've beaten up on Tai Lung and said, "Are you going to be done getting your butt kicked soon? 'Cause we can't do this all day. You with me, Viper?"

Jargo
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I have a long term intense dislike of Ian McShane and his curly hair. it goes back decades. the sound of his voice is like that sound when someone in class drags their cheapo plasic with tubular steel legs and worn through little plastic leg tube caps chair across the floor and you get that juddering jarring noise.

It's a beautiful movie to watch no doubts about that. All I'm saying is that certain voice actors didn't pull their weight when other voice actors were givin their all. it wasn't a team effort. some players dropped the ball. y'know? but man it made me want to take up karate and kick some rhino butt.

TeeEye7
12-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Pulp Fiction on AMC last night.

Heavily edited, but still stands up.

sith_killer_99
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I just finished watching Casino Royale...again. It was on one of the movie channels this morning.

I still have "Run Fat Boy Run" can't wait to watch it, I rented it on Blu-ray through netflix.:yes:

Jargo
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Madagascar 2. it looks the same. good marks there. the voices are a little different here and there but ok. there's some good gags but mostly this movie is lame. the story is just boring, the plot points you can see coming from a mile off and the monkeys are vastly under used. King julian is even more irritating than last time. And the old lady was a huge mistake, they shoulda left her in NYC! but bad points aside it's watchable. if you want to turn your brain off for a couple of hours. vegetate on the couch. fall asleep to.

Ando
12-18-2008, 01:57 PM
All my favorite Christmas movies:

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Chuck (Chuck Vs. Santa): Did anyone else watch and catch the Die Hard reference with Reginald Vel Johnson as Big Mike's cousin, Al Powell?

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-18-2008, 02:17 PM
All my favorite Christmas movies:

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Chuck (Chuck Vs. Santa): Did anyone else watch and catch the Die Hard reference with Reginald Vel Johnson as Big Mike's cousin, Al Powell?

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Ando- YUP! We caught the great Die Hard reference in CHUCK. There's a Chuck thread in the TV forum if you care to join our chats about the show! :)
That was a great piece of casting though; Reginald Vel Johnson should just play a cop in EVERYTHING. hehehe

I'm starting my four season LOST marathon in preps for January's premiere. About halfway through season 1 at the moment! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2008, 03:34 PM
I watched the Holiday Special for the second time the other day (hence the Gormaanda avatar). Sweet Moses, it felt like it lasted about three months. The Boba Fett cartoon is actually pretty great, though. The whole thing is just so damn surreal, from the thickly mustached Imperial trooper sitting stoned and watchig Jefferson Starship to the crazy singing of the glazed-over Leia. There was no sense of flow at all - "let's stop for five minutes straight and watch this circus; sounds great!" If they cut much of it (about by half), rewrote some of the dialogue, and focused only on the Wookiees, it wouldn't be so bad, I think. And what was up with the stormtroopers holding the guns that way?

Ah, well, I could go on but I won't. :D

JimJamBonds
12-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I watched Jeff Dunham's 'Spark of Insanity' the other day. As usual good stuff from Jeff and his puppets!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-18-2008, 10:41 PM
I watched Jeff Dunham's 'Spark of Insanity' the other day. As usual good stuff from Jeff and his puppets!

That's probably IMHO his best special. "Arguing with Myself" was alright, but I was pretty disappointed in his Christmas special.

El Chuxter
12-19-2008, 09:31 AM
JJL, I hope you cried in the shower afterward. If not, I have doubts about your sanity.

pbarnard
12-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Watched the Dark Knight on the portable DVD piped into the TV (really wants Christmas to get here for the new dvd player). Also enjoyed the Watchmen trailer that was on the disc as well.

Ando
12-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Inside the White House on the History Channel (with George and Laura Bush) that I recorded last month. Very fascinating and very interesting.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2008, 04:17 PM
JJL, I hope you cried in the shower afterward. If not, I have doubts about your sanity.
Oh, no worries. I cried in the shower and everywhere else as well.

Jargo
12-25-2008, 08:50 AM
I had the misfortune to watch Peter Jackson's King Kong. Man that movie sucks. there's nothing else i can say besides it just plain sucks.

TeeEye7
12-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Just finished watching The Dark Knight on DVD with the family.

WOW!

sith_killer_99
12-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Yesterday I watched an Oscar worthy performance by Don Cheadle, in "Traitor"!!!:thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Went and saw "Valkyrie" tonight. Great film!!

Bryan Singer did a great job of capturing the plot to kill Hitler. I feel some comfort now knowing that he did such a great job on this film, while his work for a sequel to Superman Returns is still up in the air.
Cruise did an awesome job, as did the supporting cast (among those was Tom Wilkinson, who is one of the most underrated actors IMO).

I am going to go see it again either tomorrow or Saturday. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys history, or just a good movie about a true story with a very interesting plot.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Went and saw "Valkyrie" tonight. Great film!!

Bryan Singer did a great job of capturing the plot to kill Hitler. I feel some comfort now knowing that he did such a great job on this film, while his work for a sequel to Superman Returns is still up in the air.
Cruise did an awesome job, as did the supporting cast (among those was Tom Wilkinson, who is one of the most underrated actors IMO).

I am going to go see it again either tomorrow or Saturday. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys history, or just a good movie about a true story with a very interesting plot.

I hate to say it, but I have no desire to see this flick. Frankly, the marketing people have to be dumba--es cos who releases a flick like this on Christmas?!?!

Plus, my two other gripes:
A. Why doesn't Cruise have a german accent??!?! It seems that nobody in the trailers had a german accent or was speaking german for that matter.
B. I don't get how it's being labeled as a suspense thriller. Spoiler alert: we know they don't succeed! lol

Glad you enjoyed it J&H. Maybe i'll netflix it to see Wilkinson and Eddie Izzard.

I caught THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON with the family tonight; a bit long (almost 3 hours), but overall a really marvelous film. A good message, a nice epic story about love and loss, and the supporting cast is top notch too. I recommend it! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
12-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Frankly, the marketing people have to be dumba--es cos who releases a flick like this on Christmas?!?!

People get out to see movies on Christmas, it really doesn't matter what it is. I am glad I saw the 5pm show yesterday, because when I was exiting the theater the lines were out the building.

Why doesn't Cruise have a german accent??!?! It seems that nobody in the trailers had a german accent or was speaking german for that matter.

You are right, Cruise does not have an accent. That did not bother me though, because I would rather just hear his natural voice than have to listen to him attempt an accent and sound horrible. :)

I don't get how it's being labeled as a suspense thriller. Spoiler alert: we know they don't succeed! lol

Isn't this the case with all historical movies? :)

TeeEye7
12-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Isn't this the case with all historical movies? :)

Agreed. I experienced the drama of the Apollo 13 first-hand in my early teens yet; when I saw Opie's film Apollo 13 I was still caught up in the suspense of the situation even though I knew the outcome.

I am probably the farthest thing from a Tom Cruise fan that you'll ever find, but I'm curious to see this film (probably via Netflix, thank you) for historical accuracy.

sith_killer_99
12-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Hollywood films are never "Historically accurate" though the general public views them as such, take JFK for example.

This is why I seldom watch these type of movies, I would rather see a more accurate documentary, or better yet read about it.

I will pass on this film, besides, I've never been a big fan of Cruise.

El Chuxter
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Why doesn't Cruise have a german accent??!?!

I wasn't so annoyed with Cruise's lack of an accent as that this entire movie is not in German. I demand authenticity! I refuse to see Finding Nemo because all the dialogue should be in fish language!

:p

Slicker
12-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Plus, my two other gripes:
A. Why doesn't Cruise have a german accent??!?! It seems that nobody in the trailers had a german accent or was speaking german for that matter.
They actually shot many of the scenes with a German accent for all of the actors but they didn't want the actors accents to take away from the story itself. They also figured that since it wasn't a docu-drama (like Tora! Tora! Tora!) that it wasn't that big of a deal. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
12-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I also saw Valkyrie last night and enjoyed it quite a bit.
I'm not much of a fan of Cruise (except for Collateral and The Last Samurai) but I thought he was really good here.

The accent thing only bugged me for a few minutes, but I got over it quickly. Besides, I'd rather hear natural American and British accents over a forced Hogan's Heroes-type German accent any day.

Slicker
12-26-2008, 11:48 PM
I hate to say it, but I have no desire to see this flick. Frankly, the marketing people have to be dumba--es cos who releases a flick like this on Christmas?!?!

I'm not harping on you at all but I just re-read this part of your post and remembered an article I read. Do you like Schindler's List? Do you like The Pianist? Do you like Sophies Choice"? All of those were released in December but, like Valkeyrie, it was mostly awards driven. I guess the holiday season Christmas is just a good time to come out with them. :thumbsup:

Blue2th
12-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I want to go see Valkyrie. Lots of authentic German planes and hardware I hear.
I really don't care if Tom is in it, I rather like most of his movies.

I had already heard that the film will likely be released in Germany with German accents dubbed in, because the Germans like their films that way. Perhaps with English subtitles?
That would be the way to buy it for more authenticity.
Meanwhile, I will definitely go see it soon.

Not enough historical WWII flicks are made.
I had heard rumors of the "Flying Tigers' film being considered, and Tom a likely actor for it.
He's got plenty of money to finance an authentic film. More power to him for that.
Just keep the Cyclos out of it and we'll be ok.

bigbarada
12-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't see what the problem is with the lack of German accents. Because, in reality, they would be speaking German to each other which, to them, would just sound like normal talking. In other words, unless you do German with English subtitles (which usually equals box office death), then having them speak in plain English is the most historically accurate.

sith_killer_99
12-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I watched Pulse 2 and 3 last night.

Kidhuman
12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Watched Several Dr Who eps over the last week
Dark Knight twice
Bunch of Christmas Shows(My Family, Catherine Tate Show, Absolutely Fabulous)
Also watched The Next Doctor

JetsAndHeels
12-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I've been watching Rome all during my holiday break. I am currently on episode 5 of the second season.

Kidhuman
12-30-2008, 09:29 AM
I love Rome, its too bad they canceled it. It just cost over 2 million an epsiode to film. Cant blame them there for canceling it

JetsAndHeels
12-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I love Rome, its too bad they canceled it. It just cost over 2 million an epsiode to film. Cant blame them there for canceling it

Yeah, when you add up all that you can see why.

Jargo
12-30-2008, 12:16 PM
The invasion. Why do people keep giving Nicole Kidman work? She's chuffing awful! I can't think of a single movie where she proves she can act. all she can do is frown, dribble snot while crying and give a half vacant smile. that's it, her entire repertoire of emoting. It really beggars belief. A truly truly awful movie too.

I watched that vampire movie for teen girls. forget the name of it. all looked greeny washed out. had as much charisma as a dead fish. i say i watched it, i fast forwarded through until there were bits that were slightly more interesting than the faux navel gazing bits. TWILIGHT! yeah that's the movie. ********** terrible! I can only hope it inspired all the drippy adolescants who buy into such blatently marketed schmaltz driven nonsense to go jump off a bridge. drivel pish and twaddle is all this movie is.

In contrast, i watched The Dreamers and ****** loved it. aside from the nudity which was quite nice, this is a movie with a soft bite. lulling you into a world of strange unquiet. disturbing yet captivating. It needed to be longer and entwine itself around the period it was set in though. the period set pieces seemed tagged on and superfluous to the real story of a ménage à trois that doesn't work. Bernardo Bertolucci directs it as though he has three characters in search of a narrative who begin to find one but ultimately the dénouement is a brief affair and cuts short the movie when it just gets going. Still, it's interesting to note that they were going to cast Leonardo di Caprio in the movie and couldn't get him so cast look-a-like michael pitt instead. who in my eyes gives a much more interesting performance than Leo could have. far subtler and much more nuanced. the innocent who has his eyes opened to the world.

UKWildcat
01-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Pineapple Express - Freakin' loved it!!! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Pineapple Express - Freakin' loved it!!! :thumbsup:"It's like killing a unicorn...with a bomb."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2009, 11:10 PM
In my film history class, which started tonight, we will be watching a movie every class, which meets twice a week. As we're covering a different topic every week, the professor wants to show us a "great" movie and then a more representative one of the overall theme (Citizen Kane is on Thursday, guess which heading that falls under). Anyway, today we watched Only Angels Have Wings, a 1989 Howard Hawks movie with Cary Grant and Jean Arthur. It was nothing really amazing but pretty good. Some of it was really dated (a bird flies through a windshield and knocks a guy in the head) but it had a great deal of 30s charm. It was certainly better than that Casablanca crap. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2009, 09:10 AM
"It's like killing a unicorn...with a bomb."

my fave quote from that flick was, "What do you have down there, a rancor?!!?!"

Kidhuman
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I loved that movie. It was freakin awesome. I loved the fight scene with Red. I was peeing myself watching it.

Kidhuman
01-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I watched Mirrors last night. Not a bad flick, creepy stuff. Anytime you have kids and horro, it makes it all the more creepy.

Rocketboy
01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Anytime you have kids and horro, it makes it all the more creepy. I know what you mean...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I watched Citizen Kane for the first time today. Damn, that was good. That's really all there is to say about it, I guess.

Blue2th
01-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I watched Citizen Kane for the first time today. Damn, that was good. That's really all there is to say about it, I guess.

Well you could say "Rosebud"

TeeEye7
01-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Well you could say "Rosebud"

**Rimshot!!**

UKWildcat
01-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I watched The Strangers last night. Had a couple good scares but was rather unoriginal. Meh.

Ji'dai
01-18-2009, 12:03 PM
After surviving a car wreck that claimed the life of his brother, a young man finds himself stuck in a small, rural village in 1974's The Cars That Ate Paris. In this strange Australian film - part satire, part horror - the man is given a job and is "adopted" by the mayor, but soon discovers that the townspeople intentionally cause car accidents and lobotomize any survivors in order to maintain the local economy, which is built on bartering scavenged parts and personal belongings of the crash victims. To top it all, the town's shiftless young people build outlandish cars which they use to keep new "arrivals" in, outsiders out, and otherwise terrorize the town when they feel like it. Features a young Bruce Spence (The Road Warrior, Matrix Revolutions, Return of the King, Revenge of the Sith) as the village idiot.

DarkArtist
01-18-2009, 08:30 PM
watched a ton of movies yesterday while trying to overcome a huge headache for partying too much the night before.....

Mars Attacks - so stupid and ridiculous that's is funny
The Matrix - haven't seen it in awhile. still an amazing flick
In the Line of Fire - one of my favorite Clint films

pbarnard
01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
After waiting for it for months on NetFlix, WALL-E. I am so not disappointed. More understandable than 2001 or Fantasia, yet more brilliant. More than his programming, never intending to, but leads 2 revolutions. Visually brilliant.

Ji'dai
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Singing cowboy Buck Lawson wins the girl and foils villainous Bat Haynes' scheme to start a range war and frame him for the murder of a rival ranch owner in 1938's musical western The Terror of Tiny Town. The entire cast of the film is comprised of midgets (little people in today's parlance) riding around on... well, midget horses. Most of the sets and props are normal size, however, which offers a few laughs in addition to the decidedly politically incorrect midget humor.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
watched new episodes of Paranormal State last night; pretty good stuff although I couldn't help but wonder if the group just left that woman's yard all dug up or if they found anything. Ryan is one of my myspace "friends" so I dropped him a comment and asked him what happened. I'll let you folks know if he makes any comments or posts about it as I know i'm not the only one who noticed this as one of my friends made the same observation. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
01-20-2009, 05:53 PM
I stopped watching Paranormal State a long time ago.
The drama is way to forced (mainly during editing) and they look like amateurish wannabes when compared to more "scientific" shows like Ghost Hunters.

Kidhuman
01-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Watched City of Ember tonight. A decent flick. bill Murray is in it, so its worth watching.

Ji'dai
01-21-2009, 04:24 PM
A man (Peter Graves) and his teenage son and daughter are shielded by the cave they were exploring during a strange solar disturbance that causes nearly everyone else to die and be reduced to piles of dust in 1974’s made-for-TV movie Where Have All the People Gone? On the way home, the family meets other survivors, both friendly and not, and must escape packs of dogs that run wild in the deserted towns they pass through. This movie reminded me of 1984’s Night of the Comet - a better film with a similar premise - a passing comet reduces everyone who’s not sheltered to piles of dust, while others are mutated. Kathleen Quinlan (Twilight Zone: The Movie, Apollo 13, The Hills Have Eyes [2006]) plays Graves’ teenage daughter.

Jargo
01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I've watched nothing recently. i was threatened with snakes on a plane but managed to escape.
I crave new acting blood. I'm so sick of seeing the same faces in everything.

DarthQuack
01-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Just finished off a 2 week stint of all the WWF/E Royal Rumbles in anticipation of the 2009 one on Sunday.

JetsAndHeels
01-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Saw "My Bloody Valentine 3D" last night for the 2nd viewing.

Love this flick. It isn't winning any oscars or academy awards, but if you love cool kills, lots of gore, and naked chicks running for their lives, go see it.

Oh yeah, the 3D is way cool too. :)

Friday the 13th in 3 weeks. Cannot wait.

Qui-Long Gone
01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Just caught up with Battlestar Galactica!

Just watched the Professional (aka Leon) again!

Ji'dai
01-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Confronted with a potential epidemic caused by a virus thought to be extinct, a scientist and a doctor travel back in time to 1871 Chicago in order to acquire samples and talk to the doctor (Richard Basehart, Knight Rider narrator) who successfully treated the disease in the 1976 TV movie Time Travelers. Based on a story by Rod Serling, the two men race against time to find a cure before the Great Chicago Fire destroys the city, erasing all records of the cure. The impression I got was that this movie was like a feature-length pilot for a TV series that was never picked up.

Ji'dai
01-24-2009, 12:19 PM
A miner on an asteroid discovers an ancient key that unlocks an ages old evil in the animated film Heavy Metal 2000. Driven insane by the key’s alien energies, he cuts a bloody swath across the galaxy in his quest to find the place the key unlocks, a temple containing an elixir of immortality. He’s finally stopped by a buxom female warrior bent on avenging the man’s destruction of her settlement. Based on a graphic novel by Kevin "TMNT" Eastman and Simon Bisley, the film features the voice talents of Michael Ironside, Billy Idol, and B-movie queen and former Penthouse Pet Julie Strain. Although not a bad story, the film’s soundtrack doesn’t quite measure up to the fantastic compilation put together for it’s 1981 predecessor, Heavy Metal.

DarthQuack
01-24-2009, 12:50 PM
At work this morning I watched Greedy, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Men of Honor, and A Few Good Men. Clearly I accomplished a lot.

UKWildcat
01-24-2009, 04:45 PM
At work this morning I watched Greedy, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Men of Honor, and A Few Good Men. Clearly I accomplished a lot.

Don't forget to add A Few Good Men to your Oscar list. ;)

The past couple weeks I have watched some new movies. The Dark Knight; awesome!!! Plan on watching this one again real soon, for the Oscar challenge. Saw V, another good installment, though I liked IV better. Iron Man, really enjoyed this one. RDJr did a real good job.

Ji'dai
01-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Double Feature!

A colonel (Christopher Lee) with the British government enlists the aid of a renowned pathologist (Peter Cushing) when a series of deaths leads to a startling discovery at an isolated orphanage in the engaging 1973 horror mystery Nothing But the Night. During their investigation, Lee and Cushing soon learn that the aging, wealthy orphanage trustees are transferring their consciousness and memories to the young orphans and then destroying their old bodies in staged accidents and apparent suicides. Also features a young Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore) as a police inspector.

The 101st Airborne "Screaming Eagles" hold Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge in 1949’s Battleground. Decent war movie but a bit tame by today’s standards. Like many Hollywood war movies of its time, Battleground is populated with stereotypical characters cracking wise in typical soldier banter. Van Johnson, John Hodiak, and Ricardo Montalban star.

sith_killer_99
01-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Saw V - Awesome

Rest Stop - Sucked

Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Smallville, Burn Notice, Bones, Fringe, 24...all the great new season episodes! Plus I have been watching the new Glenn Beck show on Foxnews.:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Plus I have been watching the new Glenn Beck show on Foxnews.:thumbsup: The same alcoholic Glenn Beck that used to have a show on CNN? Seems like FOX News is seducing everyone to the dark side.

I don't care for these news commentary talk shows. I kinda liked the old days when some bubblehead behind a desk just recycled the same news items every hour. Now I've got to wade through all these talk shows to learn the day's headlines.

Ji'dai
01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Creepy innkeeper "Coffin Joe" (José Mojica Marins) welcomes the recently deceased to his hotel in the truly bizarre Brazilian film Strange Hostel of Naked Pleasures from 1975. People arrive at the hotel and find that they were not only expected, but their names are already on the check-in register. A man turned away by the innkeeper returns the next morning to find that the "hotel" where he was refused a room the previous night is actually a cemetery in the light of day.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I watched The Strangers last night. It was quite good and creepy.

Ji'dai
01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
A dying black matriarch summons her last four living relatives to her sprawling mansion in 1974’s blaxploitation flick The House on Skull Mountain. The descendants include two black women, a jive-talking black man, and a white male anthropologist - the "honky in the wood pile" to quote the film - played by Victor French. Upon arriving, the four find the old woman has died, but has left a cryptic warning that their lives are in danger. Evil is afoot as one by one they fall victim to Voodoo magic until the token honky saves the day.

DarthQuack
01-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I've been watching Smallville all day....started with season one a couple days ago, on season two now.

Ando
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I watched last week's pre-empted episode of Knight Rider aired in the middle of the night on Sunday when I got home from work last night.

Peter Cullen as the voice of KARR?! Awesome. EFFING. AWESOME. I hope he gets rebuilt and makes another appearance.

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Pacing is a bit better than the first. But Disney/Walden have basically killed it with so much time in between releases. *sighs* Will I ever get to see at least Voyage of the Dawn Treader?

Slicker
01-28-2009, 08:35 AM
I watched season 1 of "Flight of the Conchords". It's a rather funny show actually. I guess it's on HBO if you wanna catch it.

Rocketboy
01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I watched The Strangers last night. It was quite good and creepy.Did they make another one? Because the one I saw (from last year) was boring and beyond terrible.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2009, 10:56 AM
I've been watching Smallville all day....started with season one a couple days ago, on season two now.

Stop after season 3.

And I agree with Rocketboy about the Strangers. I watched it with alot of anticipation because it looked good from the previews, but in the end I was let down.

UKWildcat
01-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I watched season 1 of "Flight of the Conchords". It's a rather funny show actually. I guess it's on HBO if you wanna catch it.

Brilliant show.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Did they make another one? Because the one I saw (from last year) was boring and beyond terrible.
What you call "boring," I refer to as "suspenseful." ;)

In Tuesday in my film history class we watched some WWII-era propaganda films, including Frank Capra's Why We Fight: War Comes to America and John Ford's Battle of Midway. Both had some super-cheesy moments and more than a few overly patriotic ones. It was interesting to see them, though.

Rocketboy
01-29-2009, 01:13 AM
What you call "boring," I refer to as "suspenseful." ;)And what you call "suspenseful," I refer to as "cliche." :D

Slicker
01-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Did they make another one? Because the one I saw (from last year) was boring and beyond terrible.I thought it was pretty good. It was a typical "thriller" movie but it was decent. And since you loved the first one so much they're talking about making a sequel. :thumbsup:

Brilliant show.I was really surprised at it. Usually when someone says that I HAVE to see something because it's so funny it's usually NOT funny at all but this show delivered. The songs are the best part of it all.

Ji'dai
01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Double Feature!

A art student becomes obsessed with capturing the moment of death until it threatens to consume her sanity in 2004’s Ab-normal Beauty. Haunted by memories of a childhood molestation, the young woman teeters on the brink of madness until a close friend pulls her back from the edge. Her life starts to improve until she begins receiving photos and homemade snuff films from someone who shares her dark desires.

Upon escaping from a mental institution, a woman is picked up by a scientist whose family is perfecting their teleportation device in 1965’s The Curse of the Fly. After spending a week together, the two are married and move into the family mansion. But soon the young missus learns that her new beau’s last wife is still in residence, locked away in a cell along with two other unfortunate lab assistants, all horribly disfigured in a teleportation experiment.

Ando
01-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I watched the last half of Funny Games last night on Cinemax.

Yikes.

Maybe I just didn't get it or something but I prefer my movies to end with the victims fighting back and triumphing over the baddies.

I'm really looking forward to Taken, Last House on the Left, and While She Was Out for that reason.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Today in class we watched The Best Years of Our Lives. I thought it had great potential for a while, but became kind of cliche toward the end (as per the production code, I assume). It still had quite a bit of good stuff in there, though.

UKWildcat
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I watched The Breakfast Club yesterday. Damn is that ever a good movie. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
01-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Watched LOST yesterday morning when I couldn't sleep, and still doing a Smallville marathon, up to season 2.

Ji'dai
01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
When an Egyptologist falls into a coma after a mysterious attack, his daughter (Amy Locane) seeks help from her boyfriend and her father’s colleague (Louis Gossett, Jr.) in the awful 1997 monster movie Bram Stoker’s Legend of the Mummy. Probably made in an attempt to cash in on the big-budget Universal mummy movie in production at the time (1999’s The Mummy), this film tells the tale of an Egyptian queen who had herself mummified with the intention of being returned to life. And so she does - possessing the daughter of the man who discovered her tomb. Also stars Richard Karn (Al from TV’s Home Improvement) as the boyfriend’s museum curator buddy.

sith_killer_99
01-30-2009, 09:52 AM
I watched The Breakfast Club yesterday. Damn is that ever a good movie.

Indeed, the brat pack's best work by far!:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-30-2009, 06:01 PM

Brilliant show.

FOTC is pretty hit and miss, but luckily, it's far more hit than miss. Season 1 was great and season 2 has been solid thus far. The first episode of season 2 was alright, but I LOVED the second episode.

They're touring in the spring; i'm definitely trying for a ticket to the Detroit show on monday. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
01-31-2009, 02:41 AM
Pursued relentlessly by a gang of men, two likable trappers (Clint Walker & Roger Moore) who discovered gold are driven across unforgiving territory in the enjoyable 1961 western Gold of the Seven Saints. Using their wits to survive, the two men join forces with a gun-slinging doctor and take refuge with a former Mexican bandit-turned-rancher. The alliances they forge come with a price, though, as they learn even their new-found friends want a share of the gold too.

DarthQuack
01-31-2009, 06:49 AM
Another solid viewing of The King of Kong. I swear, this along with a few other movies I could watch once a week and never get sick of.

Qui-Long Gone
01-31-2009, 05:11 PM
I finally got around to watching Grindhouse....Planet Terror and the mock-trailers were awesome....Death Proof was horrible....

Then I watched Sukiaki Danjuro Western, and I loved it.

Slicker
01-31-2009, 10:53 PM
They're touring in the spring; i'm definitely trying for a ticket to the Detroit show on monday. :thumbsup:I'd definitely love to go and see those guys. Let me know how the show is if you happen to go.

I started watching Season 3 of Rob & Big yesterday. I can't wait to finish it up today. :love:

sith_killer_99
01-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Death Proof was horrible....

Blasphemy!!!

I just finished Hulk vs, and I am watching Max Payne!

Kidhuman
02-01-2009, 06:32 AM
I watched Wanted the other day. Nothing special IMO

Ji'dai
02-01-2009, 11:06 AM
I liked Death Proof better than Planet Terror myself.

A businessman (Gene Wilder) beds a girl (Jill Clayburgh) and finds himself embroiled in a murder mystery aboard a train in the enjoyable 1976 action adventure comedy Silver Streak. A running gag in the film finds Wilder constantly getting kicked, knocked, or thrown off the train, but he always manages to find a way back on board. In one escapade, Wilder is knocked off the top of the train, makes his way to a nearby town and winds up stealing a cop car with a handcuffed thief in the back seat (Richard Pryor). The film gets even better with the introduction of Pryor, whose on-screen chemistry with Wilder makes the second half of the movie even better than the first. Also features a whole slew supporting actors from the period: Ned Beatty, Scatman Crothers, Fred Wilard, Ray Walston, and even that Bond villain "Jaws" - the guy with the metal teeth.

Slicker
02-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Wanted sucked balls and Angelina Jolie looked down right disgusting. I've NEVER thought she was anything special anyways but this just proved it.

I've been watching Season 3 of Rob & Big (still going on it. I'm on like disc 2). This season is by FAR the best season yet. It just sucks that the show's done now. :cry:

Kidhuman
02-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Jolie is a skank from hell. Nasty bi*ch. If she didnt have big lips, no one would care about her.

Slicker
02-02-2009, 05:12 AM
And seeing as she's so disgustingly skinny (get her a sammich for cryin' out loud!) her lips look really out of place.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-02-2009, 11:43 AM
I'd definitely love to go and see those guys. Let me know how the show is if you happen to go.

I was able to land a third row ticket for the Detroit show. I also got two tickets to the chicago show for my bro cos he had a meeting and couldn't get online.

I'm really excited about this show (i'm listening to Inner City Pressure right now). :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
02-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Wanted sucked balls and Angelina Jolie

....those six words in any other context: priceless....

sith_killer_99
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Tonight, it's....

Chuck
Heroes

Glads to have 'em all back. Still waiting for TSCC to return to it's new Friday night time slot....Feb 13th!:thumbsup: