PDA

View Full Version : What have you watched recently?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

UKWildcat
06-19-2006, 06:07 PM
This is basically a thread where you can post and discuss what movies you have watched recently and what you thought of them. These movies can be old, new, in the theater, on dvd, tv, etc, it doesn't matter. It’s just a general thread. This would also be a good place to discuss films that don't need a thread dedicated to them, like Lollilove ;), j/k Caesar. I do ask one thing which applies mainly to the newer films; please try to avoid from posting any spoilers unless you give warning. Thank you. :D

Well I guess I'll start. I watched Running Scared (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404390/) last Friday, on dvd, and it was surprisingly good. Sure, some of the parts of the movie and dialogue were kinda cheesy, (what move starring Paul Walker isn’t?) but overall it was a good film. I found one of the sub-plots in the movie to be pretty disturbing (if anyone has seen this film you probably know what I'm talking about) but it was well done and played out perfectly. It definitely added to the movie and made it even better. Running Scared definitely has its twists and turns although most of these occur towards the end of the film. I don’t want to give anything away but like I said, I was really surprised at what a good movie this turned out to be and I can highly recommend it, at least as a rental.

I have also recently watched Date Movie, well about the first 20 minutes of it, and had to stop watching. It was horrible. Stay far very far away from this one.

Sooo.... what have you all watched lately?

JimJamBonds
06-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Mostly tv shows for me: Deadwood Season II, Dr. Katz Season I along with Waiting for Guffman and Wayne's World.

basschick
06-20-2006, 01:53 AM
we're doing the entire star trek tng but we took time out to watch dark star. how is it possible that the sound is even WORSE on dvd than on video?

Kidhuman
06-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I watched Batman Begins the other night.

Rocketboy
06-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I've been watching a lot of Batman Begins and Revenge of the Sith on HBO.

Saw The Ringer the other day. Not bad, but not good either. Sloppy plot and editing.

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I watch Pootie Tang on a regular basis.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 11:38 AM
The Big Lebowski
Revenge of the Sith
Deadwood Seasons 2/3
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins
--those 4 have been playing on HBO lately
--but not Batman Forever :confused:
LolliLove
The Office (U.S.) Season 1
Wedding Crashers

tagmac
06-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Star Wars
American Wedding
Beavis & Butt-Head, collection 2 (much better than the first set)
Random Simpsons episodes
Revenge of the Sith
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first movie)

UKWildcat
06-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Beavis & Butt-Head, collection 2 (much better than the first set)

Good to hear. :thumbsup:

I also recently watched "Grandma's Boy" which turned out to be much better than I had anticipated. One character, JP I think his name was, killed the movie everytime he was on the screen, but other than that it was pretty funny and surprisingly decent.

trandoshan666
06-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I saw Nacho Libre on Friday, and watched Domino yesterday. I enjoyed both, but for very different reasons.

UKWildcat
06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I saw Nacho Libre on Friday, and watched Domino yesterday. I enjoyed both, but for very different reasons.

I enjoyed Domino as well. Kiera Knightley. :love: And Mickey Rourke is a bada**.

I've heard mixed things about Nacho Libre so I'll wait for that one on dvd.

Rocketboy
06-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Beavis & Butt-Head, collection 2 (much better than the first set)That's another one I saw recently.
And I though Volume 1 was really good.

Ji'dai
06-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I watched the The Great Raid last week, about the rescue of hundreds of American & Fillipino soldiers from a Japanese POW camp as US forces were retaking the Philipines. It was okay, not really that spectacular.

Picked up The Devil's Rejects at the library today and muddled through it tonight. I wasn't too impressed with this one, even with writer/director Rob Zombie turning the tables on his homicidal family in the last reel.

JimJamBonds
06-21-2006, 01:31 AM
I enjoyed Domino as well. Kiera Knightley. :love: And Mickey Rourke is a bada**.

I enjoyed the 'negotiation scene.' ;)

UKWildcat
06-21-2006, 02:13 AM
I enjoyed the 'negotiation scene.' ;) Me too.... man was that a fantastic scene!!! :love:

Have you seen "The Hole" or "The Jacket" JJB? :lipsrsealed:

I didn't care much for The Hole, it had it's moment. I really enjoyed The Jacket however, not only for it's moments, but I thought it was a great film and it was really well done. Both Knightley and Brody did fantastic jobs, as well as Kristofferson and Jennifer Jason Leigh. If you haven't seen this one yet, I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
06-21-2006, 02:08 PM
No I haven't scene either of those movies UKW I'll have to put it on my to do list. If I remember correctly she had a few good 'moments' in Love Actually as well... but not as good of scenes as in Domino. :D

UKWildcat
06-21-2006, 11:48 PM
I haven't seen Love Actually. Is that a good flick?

I wouldn't really bother with "The Hole". The Hole actually wasn't available in the US at first because when Knightley had her moment in that movie she was underage at the time; I think she was like 17 or something. When I saw "The Hole" it was a while ago and a different region dvd I believe. But anyways, you basically see the same moments and better ones ;) in "The Jacket" and watch a really good film in the process. :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-21-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm feeling a Firefly marathon coming up soon....and Rocky too, I'm going to do a Rocky marathon because it's been far too long. WELL over a year, probably almost 2. :)

UKWildcat
06-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm feeling a Firefly marathon coming up soon....and Rocky too, I'm going to do a Rocky marathon because it's been far too long. WELL over a year, probably almost 2. :)
Nice. I'd love to watch Firefly over again but I just have too much carp I need to get to first. That was an outstanding show and Serenity was a great movie. :thumbsup:

I actually have the Rocky Box Set but I've only watched the first one. I know... surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

I have come to the conclusion that they're just aren't enough hours in my day. :tired:

Rocketboy
06-22-2006, 12:15 AM
A Firefly marathon would be great. If you include Serenity, that's like 13-14 hours. No longer than a Star Wars Sagathon.

El Chuxter
06-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Love Actually is a great movie, though I'm sure darthvyn will disagree if he stops by. It's a bunch of wonderful character studies going on simultaneously, with some beautiful acting by the likes of Sabe, Severus Snape, and that moron who got busted with a nasty-arse ugly hooker when he had Liz Hurley waiting at home. (Seriously. WTF?) :beard:

I've voiced my opinions on Firefly/Serenity due to my unabashed annoyance at Joss Whedon (I don't give him the credit to refer to it as "hatred") before, but I'll point out again I'd rather be castrated by a blind midget with a power drill than sit through even a minute of anything he had any involvement with whatsoever.

Kidhuman
06-22-2006, 12:49 AM
I haven't seen Love Actually. Is that a good flick?

I like it. I thought it was funny. I say give it a shot.

UKWildcat
06-22-2006, 12:38 PM
I just found out that my brother owns Love Actually so I can watch it whenever. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

I watched Cemetery Man last night. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
06-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Love Actually is a great movie, though I'm sure darthvyn will disagree if he stops by. It's a bunch of wonderful character studies going on simultaneously, with some beautiful acting by the likes of Sabe, Severus Snape, and that moron who got busted with a nasty-arse ugly hooker when he had Liz Hurley waiting at home. (Seriously. WTF?) :beard:

That would be Hugh Grant. Its a decent movie, I say give it a whirl.

El Chuxter
06-22-2006, 03:28 PM
I know who he is. But again, seriously, WTF?

Slicker
06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
A Firefly marathon would be great. If you include Serenity, that's like 13-14 hours. No longer than a Star Wars Sagathon.How do you expect to do Firefly when we couldn't even do the SW one?:p

scruffziller
06-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Been watching ST: Deep Space 9 from start to finish on Netflix. Watched Clockwork Orange again, been awhile. That movie never gets old. Watched Enemy of the State, Powder, The Transporter (part 2 was horrible), Kill Bill 1&2.

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Started off today by watching the movie "Friday Night Lights." One of my favorite movies about high school football. I never get tired of that one or "Remember the Titans."

Later I finished the Up, Up and away Superman documentary. It was great!! Kevin Spacey does a wonderful job narrating it and it had some wonderful information.

Then after that I cracked open my vol 3 set of the Superman animated series. Sure I have seen all these episodes over and over again but its still cool to watch my favorite ones on there in the order I choose.

Rocketboy
06-22-2006, 11:39 PM
How do you expect to do Firefly when we couldn't even do the SW one?:pWhat's this "we" carp? I was all up for finishing the saga, but as I recall, you girls wimped out.

2-1B
06-23-2006, 01:46 AM
I've voiced my opinions on Firefly/Serenity due to my unabashed annoyance at Joss Whedon (I don't give him the credit to refer to it as "hatred") before, but I'll point out again I'd rather be castrated by a blind midget with a power drill than sit through even a minute of anything he had any involvement with whatsoever.

Your loss ! :(

I couldn't give two dribbles about Buffy (or Angel :D ) as I've never seen a complete (or even half of an :D ) episode so I couldn't comment on *any* of his other work? :confused:

I just know that Firefly is some good watchin' :thumbsup:

I respect your disinterest Chux, but I am curious as to why you hate him - is it the Buffy thing ? :confused:

:)

edit: or did I misread your post and wrongly assume that you haven't seen any of Firefly? If you have already watched it and don't like it, then please disregard this post. :)

El Chuxter
06-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Nah, I saw him speak at Comic-Con (I got into the theater early for the King Kong presentation, and saw his entire thing on Serenity). The guy was such a blithering idiot, I find it very tough to believe that anything worthwhile could come from his diseased and tormented mind. Nothing to do with Buffy, though the episode or two I caught of it were a bit boring and over the top. Oh, and there's only one Buffy, and her name is Kristy Swanson.

2-1B
06-23-2006, 11:11 AM
I never got a "blithering" feeling from the TV show, if that's any consolation? lol

UKWildcat
06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Nor have I Caesar.

Well I watched 16 Blocks last night, I think the name was. Bruce Willis and Mos Def. The movie was okay, can't say I recommend it; maybe when it's on cable. Mos Def did a really good job though.

I'm going to try and get through some movies this weekend. I've got Underworld: Evolution and The Hills Have Eyes (UR) from Netflix. I'm really looking forward to both of those.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-23-2006, 01:30 PM
I just watched United 93 at the $1.50 theater. It was pretty slow in the beginning but still interesting to see how bass ackwards the military and FAA were...I did enjoy it, but it ended up making me mad again and very sad. And even though you know what happens, there's this faint glimmer of hope that they'll actually make it. :(

2-1B
06-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Well Chux and UK, I guess I find the Firefly theme song to be a tad on the "blithering" side...but other than that, no. :crazed:

Rocketboy
06-24-2006, 12:31 AM
I thought the one or two episodes I saw of Buffy were terrible and I never saw Angel.
I saw Serenity before any of Firefly, and that really put a damper on me seeing Firefly (and I still think seeing Firefly is necessary to understanding/enjoying Serenity, but I digress). I just happened to grab a disc at video store one day and I was hooked.

And Joss has done a bang up job on Astonishing X-Men.

I just watched United 93 at the $1.50 theater. It was pretty slow in the beginning but still interesting to see how bass ackwards the military and FAA were...I did enjoy it, but it ended up making me mad again and very sad. And even though you know what happens, there's this faint glimmer of hope that they'll actually make it. :(Actually, I just saw it tonight also. Very good movie, but as you said, it ****ed me off and made me sad again.

UKWildcat
06-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I watched Underworld: Evolution last night and frickin' loved it! I enjoyed it more than the first one. Kate Beckinsale is wicked hot too. It's just something about the tight black leather, pretty blue eyes and fangs. :love:

Ji'dai
06-24-2006, 01:42 PM
I watched Underworld Evol just the other day and thought it was pretty good too. I really enjoyed the first one so it's nice to see a sequel that measures up. The "origin" storyline was well-done & and I liked the return of the characters from the last film - Viktor, Amelia, & Kraven. I wonder what happened to that kiss-*** blonde vamp from the first movie though.

UKWildcat
06-25-2006, 03:20 AM
You're right, the "origin" storyline was very well done. Markus and William Corvinus were just outstanding; amazing really. The special effects were incredible and much improved. Especially the morphing between human form and lycan and such. I really enjoyed the first Underworld but I thought this one was better. This is definitely a sequel that measures up to the first and supersedes it, imo. I've already watched it again. :D I recommend it to all!

I also watched The Hills Have Eyes (unrated). I still don't know what to make of it. I'm not sure if I liked it, hated it, or what. I guess it was okay. I dunno.... I was disappointed, I know that much.

trandoshan666
06-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I saw the Underworld sequel in the theater, and had forgotten about how much I liked it until you guys brought it up. Must watch again.

I'm sad to say that I finally watched Hellboy for the first time yesterday. Not bad at all. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
06-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Hellboy is a great movie, I was watching it alot for awhile on my DVR.

UKWildcat
06-28-2006, 01:16 AM
I watched Dave Chappelle's: Block Party tonight. It was pretty good. :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Young Adam starring Ewan MacGregor and his uncircumcised penis. Also stars Tilda Swinton. It's a pretty cool story, a slow moving little movie but worth the time invested as I found it to be very interesting.

UKWildcat
06-28-2006, 01:32 AM
What in the world are you talking about Cae? :confused:

trandoshan666
06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Young Adam starring Ewan MacGregor and his uncircumcised penis. Also stars Tilda Swinton. It's a pretty cool story, a slow moving little movie but worth the time invested as I found it to be very interesting.

I remember there being quite a bit of graphic stuff in the movie, but somehow I don't recall Ewan's :shocked: ever making an appearance. That is a pretty good movie, though. It reinforced my never wanting to work aboard a riverboat.

UKWildcat
06-28-2006, 12:07 PM
I have seriously never heard about this movie until now. It doesn't really sound like my cup of tea.

2-1B
06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Good movie, I got it on Netflix. :)
"It" was there trandoshan, I'm surprised you missed it. :D

I heard about it 3 years ago when Ewan was promoting AOTC on the Leno show...and I think it finally came out on DVD in the last year (?) so I finally got around to renting it. It's actually a pretty interesting little story they put together there.

UKWildcat
06-29-2006, 11:15 AM
When I was flipping through the channels last night you'll never believe what movie was coming on SkineMax. Yup, Young Adam it was. I didn't watch it but I recorded it to the DVR just incase I ever feel like it.

UKWildcat
07-01-2006, 12:21 PM
I watched "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" last night. It was an alright little movie.

I also watched "The Beastmaster" as well. I love me some Don Coscarelli. If there are any fans of him here, it looks like he is working on a prequel to Bubba Ho-Tep, called Bubba Nosferatu. Should be interesting! :thumbsup:

(sorry bout the dp)

JimJamBonds
07-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Mallrats and Pirates of the Caribean for me in the last couple of days.

Slicker
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I've been on a chick flick tear for some reason.

A couple of days ago I watched Titanic (I hate the movie but Leo dies so that makes up for it. And the ending is SOOOOOOO predictable) and a couple of days before that I watched The Notebook. Nothing bad to say about that one. Just a good all around chick flick.

2-1B
07-06-2006, 12:11 AM
I like The Notebook. It's cheesy but RMcA is the bomb. :grin:

JimJamBonds
07-06-2006, 01:07 AM

Plus it was referenced in the Chronic(WHAT)chiles of Narnia so it can't be all that bad.

trandoshan666
07-06-2006, 12:02 PM
I've been watching a lot of Venture Bros lately. It amuses me.:yes:

UKWildcat
07-09-2006, 08:58 PM

I didn't mind the Notebook.... or looking at RMcA for that matter. Did you guys get all teary eyed at the end? I didn't, and my mom said that I "had no soul". Ouch. :hurt:

I watched Night Watch and The Matador yesterday and went and saw Superman Returns today. I really enjoyed all three films. :yes: :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Night Watch ? What one ? :) Not the Ewan McGregor movie, was it? :)

No I did not get teary eyed at the end of The Notebook, why would I? We should all be so lucky to die as old people with the ones we love...nothing to cry about, it should be celebrated. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
07-09-2006, 11:00 PM
No I did not get teary eyed at the end of The Notebook, why would I? We should all be so lucky to die as old people with the ones we love...nothing to cry about, it should be celebrated. :thumbsup:

Thanks for giving away the ending jerkface!!! :mad: Now I'll have to watch the movie just to see RMcA's jar jar's.

2-1B
07-10-2006, 12:14 AM
All I said was old people, that's pretty vague. lol

Better have your pause and zoom button at the ready, as her flash of beauty is BRIEF...I was disappointed because it was you in fact who told me that she showed the goods so I was excited for a peak only to be let down by the brevity of the aforementioned shot. :D

UKWildcat
07-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Night Watch ? What one ? :) Not the Ewan McGregor movie, was it? :)

Nah, not that one, though I did see that yeeeeears ago. Can't say I remember much about it.

The one I watched was a Russian film that was just recently released in the US. Here is the plot synopsis for those of you that have never heard of it:

Among normal humans live the "Others" possessing various supernatural powers. They are divided up into the forces of light and the forces of the dark, who signed a truce several centuries ago to end a devastating battle. Ever since, the forces of light govern the day while the night belongs to their dark opponents. In modern day Moscow the dark Others actually roam the night as vampires while a "Night Watch" of light forces, among them Anton, the movie's protagonist, try to control them and limit their outrage.

It was a very interesting sci-fi/horror/action movie. The movie was based off the first installment of Sergei Lukianenko's novels (none of which I've read) about an epic struggle b/w good and evil. The sequel Day Watch has already been filmed and is released in Russia but a translated/dubbed and official version has yet to make it over here. When it does I'll definitely be watching because I'm very curious to see what happens. I guess I could read the novels... :rolleyes: :D

kool-aid killer
07-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Last week i seen "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" for the first time. I bought the DVD about two weeks prior to that and found the time to pop it in. I liked it a lot. While it paid homage to several movies i thought it had its own unique thing about it. I wish i had gone to see it on the big screen when it first came out. I wouldnt mind hearing about a sequel for it either.

Kidhuman
07-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Watched Exorcism of Emily Rose. A decent movie, but no Exorcist.

UKWildcat
07-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Watched Exorcism of Emily Rose. A decent movie, but no Exorcist.

I really enjoyed The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I thought it was very well done. You are right, it's no Exorcist, but I put it right after The Exorcist as far as Possession/Satan horror movies go.

I watched Stagefright last night which was directed by Michele Soavi, the same guy who did Cemetery Man. I didn't enjoy it as much as Cemetery Man but it was still a pretty good little slasher film nonetheless.

I've already watched a couple of movies today. First I watched Return of the Living Dead 4 : Necropolis. After that I watched UltraViolet. Now what to watch? I may put on Syriana and give that a shot.

maatu
07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
i just saw at the movies pirates of the carribean and superman returns. but on the tele . i have watched. recue me and and always the sunnt side of philaedelphia. there alsome shows. check them out. not the movies .but the television shows.

2-1B
07-16-2006, 02:49 AM
I watched Office Space last night for the first time in awhile...great stuff.

HBO has been playing The Girl Next Door a bunch lately, right now in fact, so I've been watching that too.

Slicker
07-16-2006, 03:02 AM
HBO has been playing The Girl Next Door a bunch lately, right now in fact, so I've been watching that too.That is a great movie. Elisha Cuthbert is gorgeous and plays that role perfectly...especially the hotel scene.:yes:

UKWildcat
07-16-2006, 11:26 AM
HBO has been playing The Girl Next Door a bunch lately, right now in fact, so I've been watching that too.That is a great movie. Elisha Cuthbert is gorgeous and plays that role perfectly...especially the hotel scene.:yes:

The Girl Next Door is an excellent movie and is accompanied with an outstanding soundtrack. :thumbsup:

I ended up watching Syriana yesterday and I wasn't overly impressed with it. After that I watched Just Friends, great movie that I have watched several times already. Then I watched BloodRayne. This movie wasn't that great but it did have a lot of blood and gore. The effects were a little over the top but they were fun at they same time. And then I watched Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. Hilarious movie that I could watch everyday if I had to. The sequel has been announced and Harold and Kumar will indeed be going to Amsterdam. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

Yes, for those of you keeping count, I watched 6 movies yesterday. It is safe to say that I don't have a life.... atleast yesterday I didn't. ;)

Kidhuman
07-16-2006, 05:17 PM
At work over the last three days I have watched the Robocop Trilogy and Hellboy.

Ji'dai
07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
I watched a little bit of Kung Fu Hustle this evening. It's an enjoyable parody of the glut of popular "wire-fu" & "cgi-fu" martial arts movies that have been released in the last few years. Hustle boasts plenty of great action sequences with ridiculous martial art moves, but that's all part of the fun.

Kidhuman
07-16-2006, 10:29 PM
I watched some of it also tonight. I enjoyed it, want to see it from the beginning.

Also watched the skeleton key. Decent for a rainy day I say

UKWildcat
07-16-2006, 10:42 PM
I've never seen Kung Fu Hustle. I didn't think it looked all that good. Guess I'll have to check it out.

I wasn't a big fan of the Skeleton Key although I did like the ending.

Raining in the Burg eh kh or are you just saying? Thats sweet you get to watch movies at work. Reminds me when I used to work at the local video store. :love:

Kidhuman
07-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Not raining here, just a recommendation for those yet to have seen it

2-1B
07-16-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm watching 40 Year Old Virgin for the 40th time on HBO right now. lol

"It looks Mantastic." lol lol lol

Paul Rudd is awesome. Too bad Halloween 6 sucked so hard. :crazed:

General_Grievous
07-17-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm watching 40 Year Old Virgin for the 40th time on HBO right now. lol

"It looks Mantastic." lol lol lol

Paul Rudd is awesome. Too bad Halloween 6 sucked so hard. :crazed:
Speaking of Halloween, I just carved a "man o' lantern". :D

2-1B
07-18-2006, 01:15 AM
:D

I didn't see Kung Fu Hustle, nor will I ever as that was possibly the worst trailer I've ever seen in a theater. Probably worse than the Titan A.E. trailer. lol

Last night I watched Life as a House for the first time in a few years after seeing Slick or someone mention it in the Chick Flick thread...I like that movie. I got some ideas for new avatars. ;)

kool-aid killer
07-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I just got done watching "Big Trouble in Little China." I dig it. Kurt Russell was awesome as Jack Burton. Makes me want to drive around a truck and beat up people in Chinatown. If you dont hear from me again, you know what im out doing...

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I watched Boondock Saints last night. Great flick.

Slicker
07-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I watched Boondock Saints last night. Great flick.Definitely a great movie. It's been a while since I've watched it. I may have to see if I own it and fire up the DVD player...

2-1B
07-20-2006, 02:29 PM
I love Boondock but I watched Big Trouble last year for the first time since I was a kid and it did not hold up over time, it's terribly cheesy.

Rocketboy
07-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Boondock Saints...where is that overrated thread...?

UKWildcat
07-21-2006, 01:30 PM
The past couple of nights I started watching Deadwood, a show that I have never seen before. I've watched the first 4 episodes so far and I absolutely love it!!! It's awesome and I can't wait to watch more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you who previously recommended the show. :yes:

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 06:43 PM
You're quite welcome UK.

2-1B
07-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Hey UKW, all I can say to that is a quote from Albert Swearengen from a later episode that you'll get to eventually..."Welcome to f***in' Deadwood." :D :D :D

DarthQuack
07-22-2006, 04:28 AM
I watched the Yankees and the E-Rod show last night, I feel like I see plenty of repeats of the latter lately...

trandoshan666
07-22-2006, 01:46 PM
I saw Lady in the Water, and liked it much more than I thought I would. I'm going to Clerks II today.

UKWildcat
07-23-2006, 05:07 PM
I saw Lady in the Water, and liked it much more than I thought I would.
Thats good to hear.

Yesterday I watched The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada which was a pretty good film. Right now I'm watching Hollow Man 2, yes there is a sequel.lol

I've watched a few more episodes of Deadwood which I am still enjoying very very much. :yes:

trandoshan666
07-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Clerks II was entertaining, vulgar, etc. I loved Three Burials, btw. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
07-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I watched Final Destination 3, the theatrical cut, last night and I wasn't impressed with it at all. A couple of the death scenes were pretty cool but that was about it. I am going to check out the dvd again though and see what this whole "choose their fate" thing is.

I also put on Enemy of the State but fell asleep half way through. I forgot how good that movie was and there are a buttload of supporting actors in it that I completely forgot about like Barry Pepper, Jason Lee, Jack Black, Jamie Kennedy and a couple others. Going to finish this one up tonight.

trandoshan666
07-27-2006, 10:40 PM
I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other day. Enjoyed it immensely. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 10:45 PM
I watched POTC: COTBP last night.

Banthaholic
07-28-2006, 01:02 AM
I watched POTC: COTBP last night.
I also watched that last night, then we caught the Exorcism of Emily Rose on tv, then tonight we watched the Cave

UKWildcat
07-29-2006, 01:03 AM
I also watched that last night, then we caught the Exorcism of Emily Rose on tv, then tonight we watched the Cave
What did you think of The Cave bantha?

I watched the Benchwarmers tonight. It was okay. Definitely had some funny parts, then some parts tried to be funny and didn't succeed. Boy did Jon Lovitz have a carp load of kicka55 stuff in that mansion of his. :yes: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also watched Austin Powers: Int'l Man of Mystery and an ep. of Carnivale from the season 2 dvd set.

I haven't watched an ep of Deadwood in a while and I'm starting to go through withdrawl.... need to get a fix. :nerv:

Rocketboy
07-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Just finished watching "Unbreakable" again. Such a cool movie.
The first time I saw it I thought it was good, but really slow. Almost too slow. Didn't seem that way this time though.

El Chuxter
07-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Doesn't that movie make you wish they'd somehow snagged M Night to direct X3? The guy clearly digs comic books. And he can tell one hell of a character-driven story.

DarthQuack
07-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Watched Cast Away last night and this morning, I still think Wilson should have won the best supporting actor award.

Slicker
07-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I just got done watchin' War of the Worlds. I still think it's a good movie except for the fact that I stopped watchin' after they killed the tripod in Boston. I love the movie but I absolutely HATE the happy ending.

El Chuxter
07-29-2006, 08:16 PM
I finally saw The 40 Year Old Virgin last night. I'm glad I did, aside from the fact that I had to change three pairs of pants after peeing in them from laughing so hard.

(Okay, I lie. But I did laugh. A lot.)

DarthQuack
07-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Watched the Yankees take it on the chin from the Devil Rays today, 19-6.

Rocketboy
07-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Doesn't that movie make you wish they'd somehow snagged M Night to direct X3? The guy clearly digs comic books. And he can tell one hell of a character-driven story.Actually, not really. I don't think he'd be able to pull off a big action flick. Too much character development in M. Nights movies. The action scenes in Unbreakable were pretty small.
Besides, he's done a great comic book movie with Unbreakable.

Watched the Yankees take it on the chin from the Devil Rays today, 19-6.I guess the Yankees and Slicker's Mom have something in common.

Kidhuman
07-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Watched Kingdom of Heaven tonight. Good movie

timmae
07-29-2006, 11:06 PM
watched "life as a house"...hayden christionson in it. i loved it. very sad reminded me of my dad that had cancer and the begining reminded me of my ex stepson who looks and acts exacly like hayden does in this movie.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-30-2006, 03:06 AM
I just got done watchin' War of the Worlds. I still think it's a good movie except for the fact that I stopped watchin' after they killed the tripod in Boston. I love the movie but I absolutely HATE the happy ending.

I watched it last Saturday on HBO for the first time since hating it in the theater last summer, thinking maybe I'd like it more the second time around. I didn't.

I'll tell you what's next on my To Watch list, the next two are The Last Boy Scout and The Program. I just got back from a horror movie convention and among the guests were Danielle Harris (Mike Myers' niece from Halloween 4 and 5) who was Bruce Willis' kid in Last Boyscout and another guest was Andrew Bryzniarski aka Leatherface from the crappy new Chainsaw Massacre movies - but he played Lattimer in The Program which was cheesy but a staple of my high school football experience. So yeah, I haven't seen either of those in a long time and now they are up on my list.

Oh, and I need to watch They Live for the first time in awhile since Rowdy Roddy Piper was there this weekend as well. :D

Banthaholic
07-30-2006, 09:54 AM
What did you think of The Cave bantha?

It was alright. I wasn't really paying attention the first few minutes and that bit me in the arse the rest of the way. It has some elements of alien in it that was cool. It was worth seeing on cable, but I wouldn't have paid to rent it.

Saw Cinderella Man on Fri & Constantine last night

UKWildcat
07-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I'll tell you what's next on my To Watch list, the next two are The Last Boy Scout and The Program. I just got back from a horror movie convention and among the guests were Danielle Harris (Mike Myers' niece from Halloween 4 and 5) who was Bruce Willis' kid in Last Boyscout

That's crazy you should mention Danielle Harris. I just watched Halloween: 25 yrs of Terror yesterday and obviously Ms Harris was featured in it. She mentioned a serious stalker she had a while back and she said she didn't like doing the conventions/autographs and stuff because since they are public, she doesn't know if that crazy stalker is going to show up. I hope your not the stalker Caesar. ;) lol 25 Years of Terror was really good btw, I can't wait to check out the rest of the stuff on the disc(s). :thumbsup: I also got the new Divimax editions of Halloween 4 and 5 and I can't wait to check those out as well.

Btw, I picked up The Last Boyscout a few weeks ago from Walmart for like $4.88. It was in the bin.

So how was the convention Caesar?

DarthQuack
07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Watched Clerks 2 today, thought it was awesome, I was laughing a lot during it along with everyone else in the theater.

Slicker
07-30-2006, 05:25 PM
I just got done watchin' Glory. Still one of my favorite movies. If you've never seen it I highly recommend it and so do many others here.

The musical score is what I really like about the movie. It gives me goose bumps every time I watch the movie.

2-1B
07-30-2006, 06:21 PM
That's crazy you should mention Danielle Harris. I just watched Halloween: 25 yrs of Terror yesterday and obviously Ms Harris was featured in it. She mentioned a serious stalker she had a while back and she said she didn't like doing the conventions/autographs and stuff because since they are public, she doesn't know if that crazy stalker is going to show up. I hope your not the stalker Caesar. ;) lol 25 Years of Terror was really good btw, I can't wait to check out the rest of the stuff on the disc(s). :thumbsup: I also got the new Divimax editions of Halloween 4 and 5 and I can't wait to check those out as well.

Btw, I picked up The Last Boyscout a few weeks ago from Walmart for like $4.88. It was in the bin.

So how was the convention Caesar?

It was cool, thanks. :) Danielle was the nice followup to a show a few months back (the one with Jenna) where I also met Ellie Cornell.

Danielle was cool, she's pretty hot nowadays and as for my stalkerishness, no worries all was kept in check. Her boyfriend was with her at her table all day but I know I could have taken him. :crazed:

I told her I love Halloween 4 and it scared the heck out of me as a kid...then I told her I liked Halloween 5 at first but it got wayyyyyyyy too goofy at the end and really sucked and she seemed to agree somewhat with the goofiness of it. Then I told her that as cool as Paul Rudd went on to become, I don't blame her for skipping Halloween 6 because they really went wacko with that one.

I've not yet seen the 25 Years of Terror deal yet but I NEED to soon...Anchor Bay had it playing at their booth and it looked really cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2006, 07:07 PM
With the free on-demand movies from cable, I watched Psycho last night (the original version) and Cable Guy today. Psycho was quite a lot creepier (and better) than I expected; it was nice to see a B&W movie that didn't have shots that lasted for half an hour. Cable Guy was pretty good too; not a classic like Psycho of course but pretty funny nonetheless. :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Odd, I just watched The Cable Guy on Friday, myself. :)
One of my all time favorite comedies !

DarthQuack
07-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Watched the Yankees game today, they won 4-2. Damon hit 2 nice solo shots in the upper deck.

trandoshan666
07-31-2006, 10:20 AM
I saw Layer Cake last night. It was interesting, but the plot was a bit too busy.

UKWildcat
07-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Danielle was cool, she's pretty hot nowadays and as for my stalkerishness, no worries all was kept in check. Her boyfriend was with her at her table all day but I know I could have taken him. :crazed:
You should have beat him down C. lol Yea, Danielle was looking pretty fine on the dvd now that you mention it.

Then I told her that as cool as Paul Rudd went on to become, I don't blame her for skipping Halloween 6 because they really went wacko with that one.
She kinda explains that on 25Yrs. She mentions that she didn't like the way she was going to get killed and they weren't going to pay her hardly anything more than what she made in 5. Halloween 6 was really wacky. I want to see the "Halloween 6: Producers Cut". It is supposed to be a lot better than the Halloween 6 that was cut/edited/reshot and released. Have you seen the Producers Cut Caesar? On 25Yrs they talk about one day maybe releasing it officially b/c all you can get are crappy bootlegged copies.

I've not yet seen the 25 Years of Terror deal yet but I NEED to soon...Anchor Bay had it playing at their booth and it looked really cool.
Yea you do.

Well I watched The Quiet Earth last night. It was a pretty good film and the story was quite interesting. It wasn't quite what I was expecting and the ending sure makes you think.

2-1B
08-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Nope, I haven't seen the Producers Cut...but really, how much can it help? The whole Thorn thing is ridiculous, I hate it. :D

Ji'dai
08-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Watched Ultraviolet (theatrical cut) last night. Blecch. There were several moments when I was very tempted to just shut it off.

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Watched Minority Report and The island this week.

Blue2th
08-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Watched V for Vendetta recently. Missed it in the theater. I really liked it. It's so relevant!.... Any more comments on this movie belong in the Rancor Pit. :lipsrsealed:

Rocketboy
08-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Just watched V For Vendetta on DVD also, but I did see it in the theater.
Even better the 2nd time.

UKWildcat
08-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I just got back from seeing Talladega Nights and it was pretty funny. :thumbsup:

I also watched The Descent (UK version) last night.

trandoshan666
08-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Little Miss Sunshine :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very entertaining.

JimJamBonds
08-14-2006, 11:42 PM
I just got back from seeing Talladega Nights and it was pretty funny. :thumbsup:

Ehh I thought while it had its moments on the whole it wasn't all that good. I'd rather watch Anchorman or Elf.

2-1B
08-15-2006, 12:01 AM
What JimJam said.

Talladega CERTAINLY had its moments but it lacked an overall continuity of funniness for me. Anchorman is probably in my Top 10 of all time, well Top 5 comedies for sure and I was not even hoping for Talladega to come close to it and it's a good thing my expectations were low or I would have been REALLY disappointed. :D

Still, it had its moments. My favorites:

1) the coffin joke
2) Molly Shannon kissing that old guy, passing out drunk, and making that comment about seeing her husband naked
3) Amy Adams :love: Everything about her in the movie, all of her scenes. :love:

UKWildcat
08-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Ehh I thought while it had its moments on the whole it wasn't all that good. I'd rather watch Anchorman or Elf.

I agree with Anchorman, for sure... but Elf? I really like John Favreau and Will Ferrell but I didn't care much for that film. It was mediocre at best, imo. I would much rather watch Talladega Nights again. John C. Reilly was awesome as well as Sacha Baren Cohen. Amy Adams was nice too. She's right up your alley Cae. ;)

Speaking of S B Cohen, you all going to check out the Borat movie? I'm really looking forward to it. Out of all of his characters on Da Ali G show, Borat was my favorite. Should be a funny movie. :thumbsup:

2-1B
08-15-2006, 01:44 AM
Oh yeah, Borat is hilarious! A shame that he only cameoed in the Ali G movie. :(

I love Elf, I'd put it in Ferrell's Top 5 for sure, after Anchorman, Old School, and A Night at the Roxbury. Wedding Crashers could get honorable mention but he's not even credited as it is not a starring role for him. But Elf is great, I love it. My 4th favorite Will Ferrell movie it is, then. :D

Amy Adams has my affection, yes sir. Too bad she lost Halpert's. :D

UKWildcat
08-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, Borat is hilarious! A shame that he only cameoed in the Ali G movie. :(

I skipped the Ali G: In da House movie because I heard it was terrible. What were your thoughts on it Caesar.

Amy Adams has my affection, yes sir. Too bad she lost Halpert's. :D

Yea, but I'm sure (hope) everything will work out for the better. :D

I've watched a couple episodes of Surface on dvd the past couple of days. I thought it was a great show and NBC shouldn't have canned it. It was much better than that Invasion show on ABC, IMO. That would be sweet if the Sci Fi channel were to pick it up. :yes: :thumbsup:

Last night I watched The Exorcist III while going to sleep. Too bad I fell asleep before I got to finish it.

I've also watched Harold and Kumar several times, or had it on in the background, hence the av. Gotta love some Freakshow.

I need to hurry up and finish Deadwood Season 1 so I can get to Season 2 and hopefully catch Season 3 on the dvr. But at the rate I'm going, Season 3 will probably be released on dvd by the time I get to it. :rolleyes:

Ji'dai
08-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Watched Land of the Dead this evening, having recorded it off of HBO last night. The cable channel slipped this one into their schedule in the wee hours of morning in the last week or so. I thought they did that because the movie might be too graphic for primetime, but it turns out it was because it sucks :dead:

JetsAndHeels
08-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Watched the Benchwarmers, Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector, and Scary Movie 4.
I liked Benchwarmers the most out of the 3 so I ended up buying it.
Its funny, deals with sports and has plenty of SW stuff in it.

Banthaholic
08-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Finally saw 40-year old Virgin last night. It was sad hearing him talk up his boxed toys and then realize I had similar boxed toys in my room. Though I'm quite younger, and don't have his 'problem' though :)

UKWildcat
08-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Watched Land of the Dead this evening, having recorded it off of HBO last night. The cable channel slipped this one into their schedule in the wee hours of morning in the last week or so. I thought they did that because the movie might be too graphic for primetime, but it turns out it was because it sucks :dead:

:hurt:

I agree with ya somewhat though. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie the first time I saw it, although I did enjoy it more the second time around.

Watched the Benchwarmers, Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector, and Scary Movie 4.
I liked Benchwarmers the most out of the 3 so I ended up buying it.
Its funny, deals with sports and has plenty of SW stuff in it.

How was Larry the Cable guy movie?!?!?! need I ask? :sad:

The SW stuff was great. Lovitz's mansion had many a fine specimen in it.

Finally saw 40-year old Virgin last night. It was sad hearing him talk up his boxed toys and then realize I had similar boxed toys in my room. Though I'm quite younger, and don't have his 'problem' though :)

I'm sure most all of us can relate to that on some level or another.

2-1B
08-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Ali G In Da House was not very good but it actually wasn't as bad as I expected.

I watched Anchorman yesterday morning for the 500th time and then after work I took down Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back as a doubleheader (having seen Clerks II for the second time last weekend).

I should boycott this thread for the Land of the Dead blasphemy I'm reading here. :mad:

UKWildcat
08-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Ali G In Da House was not very good but it actually wasn't as bad as I expected.

Okay, I'll be sure to check it out sometime. Sucks that Borat doesn't play a more prominant role, although I guess that is probably why he has his own movie coming out now.

I watched Anchorman yesterday morning for the 500th time and then after work I took down Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back as a doubleheader (having seen Clerks II for the second time last weekend).

Ain't nothing wrong with a Kevin Smith evening. :thumbsup:

I should boycott this thread for the Land of the Dead blasphemy I'm reading here. :mad:

Whoa whoa whoa... take it easy. :sad: Let me explain... The first time I watched it I was a little tore up and my expectations were set extremely high. Really high... too high. Then I watched it again, sometime after, and enjoyed it much much more. I love Romero, as you know, but I'm sure you'd agree with me and place that as #4 as far as the "Dead" series go, wouldn't you Caesar?

2-1B
08-18-2006, 12:22 AM
I was referring to Ji'dai for the most part. :D

Ahhhh, I can't declare a favorite so Dawn, Day, and Land are all in a 3 way tie. Night will always be 4th on my list while the other three are all favorites in their own way.

I just really enjoyed Land, it really connected with me. I saw it twice in the theater last summer, it's great. :) So yeah, depending on my mood my Romero Deads all shift around in terms of favorite. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
08-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I hear that... and respect that... Although I will admit that I enjoy the Night of the Living Dead remake better than Land of the Dead. I'm assuming you'd put the NOTLD remake after Land?

2-1B
08-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Night '90 is a great movie, worthy of inclusion in the Romero Pantheon IMO. :grin: Not sure if I could quite rank it with the other 3 of my favorites but it's right up there :thumbsup: (even if the Bill Moseley dummy does take me out of the cemetary scene :D ).

El Chuxter
08-18-2006, 08:48 AM
So that's what the hell a Borat is. I just recall at Comic-Con they, totally unannounced, play a pretty damned explicit clip in one of the Hollywood panel sessions. Nothing on the schedule to indicate it, just wedged in right before Stardust/The Transformers.

That reminds me: I need to write to Comic-Con and complain about this. I haven't done so yet, and it had slipped my mind. I personally wasn't offended, but there were a lot of kids in the room whose parents had no reason to believe there'd be five minutes of two naked guys in a fight that simulated various sex acts. I really felt bad for a guy who walked in with his (probably) five year old daughter right as it came on, and stood there in the aisle with a "holy tapdancing crap, what the hell am I going to tell her about this?" look on his face.

If the schedule says Quentin Tarantino or Kevin Smith are giving a panel, you know to expect a lot of profanity. Don't bring the little ones unless you don't mind hearing the F-bomb fifty times in a ten minute period. But this was beyond ridiculous to show without any indication that anything out of the ordinary would be on the screen.

And it was funny for about three seconds of the five minutes, then got older than any joke I've ever seen.

Rocketboy
08-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with a Kevin Smith evening. :thumbsup:That reminds me - I'd like to watch "An Evening With Kevin Smith" again.
2 discs, 4 hours of a Kevin Smith Q&A. Sounds like carp, but it's really funny.

2-1B
08-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Borat is great Chux, he does some great sendups of his interview subjects. lol
His rendition of the Kajakstani national anthem at the minor league baseball game was just on HBO again not long ago and I love that one. "I like USA, do you like me?"

Many of my favorite Borat bits can't be typed here. ;)

El Chuxter
08-18-2006, 02:00 PM
My problem wasn't that he wasn't funny (though he seems like an updated of Yakov Smirnov to me), or that the scene showed was offensive, but that it was so explicit, and shown completely without warning. When the movie comes out, if the scene isn't cut, you'll see what I mean.

JetsAndHeels
08-18-2006, 02:17 PM
How was Larry the Cable guy movie?!?!?! need I ask? :sad:

If you like the crude, redneck humor that he offers then its a great movie. If not and you never got into the whole "Blue Collar" comedy, stay away.
I liked it myself!!

Rocketboy
08-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Just watched Jurassic Park again today.
The more I watch it, the less annoying the kids get.

UKWildcat
08-19-2006, 12:19 AM
With the recent mention of Kevin Smith; I watched Jersey Girl tonight. Good flick! :thumbsup:

If you like the crude, redneck humor that he offers then its a great movie. If not and you never got into the whole "Blue Collar" comedy, stay away.
I liked it myself!!

Sounds about right. lol I still don't believe he has his own movie, but I'm going to check it out. I did enjoy Blue Collar, the first one moreso than the second one. I didn't care for the tv show. Good to hear you liked it though.

The more I watch it, the less annoying the kids get.

Yea... At first I wanted those Raptors to gut and eat the kids, but now they don't really bother me. Gotta love Jeff Goldblum... Oh yea, and that Snakes on a motherf**king plane guy!!! :D

2-1B
08-19-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm watching The Silence of the Lambs right now for the first time in awhile...I love it. It's very nostalgic for me as I recall reading the novel around age 13 and then seeing the movie when it came out on VHS. In fact it was the first movie I ever bought. :) I also remember watching it do well at the Oscars and I thought it was cool that this scary movie was getting some recognition.

So yeah, I put it in tonight and right now they're rolling Hannibal up to Senator Martin. lol

The cast is great, I could do a whole post on the cast but for now I'll just cite a few pop cultural references that came out of this movie which I still love:

1) That Wayne's World sketch where Mike Myers refers to Miggs as flicking his "man g**" on Jodie Foster
2) Clerks II, natch
3) Stewie on Family Guy with the "It rubs the lotion on its skin" bit lol lol lol

Great movie. Ted Levine steals the show. :D

Banthaholic
08-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Saw Sideways tongiht and I enjoyed it, though it might make me go wine shopping tomorrow.

JimJamBonds
08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
I took down Mallrats last night next is Chasing Amy as I slowly make my way through the Kever's Collection.

2-1B
08-19-2006, 04:13 PM
1) That Wayne's World sketch where Mike Myers refers to Miggs as flicking his "man g**" on Jodie Foster
2) Clerks II, natch
3) Stewie on Family Guy with the "It rubs the lotion on its skin" bit lol lol lol

Oops, I forgot numbers 4 and 5

4) Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber
5) Jim Carrey in The Cable Guy

JimJamBonds
08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Isn't there a reference in Waiting as well?

UKWildcat
08-21-2006, 12:05 AM
4) Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber

Which one is this? I can't quite put my finger on it.

I caught Nothing To Lose last night on one of the dig. cable channels. Great flick!! Good chemistry b/w Martin L. and Tim Robbins. I need to pick this one up on dvd. Btw... there's a spider on your head. :D

I watched The Chronicles of Narnia earlier, for only the second time. Excellent movie!!! I usually get annoyed by little kid actors with British accents, but they don't bother me at all.

JimJamBonds
08-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I just finished Anywhere But Here a few minutes ago, it isn't NatPo's best work but I'm happy to have added it to my collection. :yes:

2-1B
08-21-2006, 01:02 AM
UKDub, in D&D Lloyd says "I'd like to eat HER liver with a bottle of CHIANTI" and then he and Harry make that slithering sound with their tongues. lol lol lol
This is during the fundraiser dinner, I believe. :grin:

Rocketboy
08-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Just finished watching "Ghost World" for probably the 5th or 6th time.
Great movie, but I'm sure it isn't for everyone.
Easily my favorite of the non-superhero comic book movies (of the handfull that we have - and I'm not counting Sin City in this group).
It does a fantastic job of adapting the comic and changing things without ruining the feeling of the comic.

UKWildcat
08-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I watched a movie called "I'm Not Scared (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326977/)" last night. It is an Italian thiller/suspense/mystery type movie and it was a pretty good film. It won a bunch of awards and got really good reviews. Has anyone else seen or even heard of this movie? If you want some more info on it, check the link above. You can also check out the trailer there too.

UKDub, in D&D Lloyd says "I'd like to eat HER liver with a bottle of CHIANTI" and then he and Harry make that slithering sound with their tongues. lol lol lol
This is during the fundraiser dinner, I believe. :grin:

AH HA! I know what you are talking about. Duhh... Talk about a brain-fart. Dumb and dumber is hilarious and has to be one of the funniest movies to come out in the past 15 years.

JimJamBonds
08-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Scent of a Woman, Chasing Amy and Simpon's Season 8 Disks I & II.

2-1B
08-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Is that the Criterion version of Amy, JimJam? I noticed again how horrible the picture quality is on that...maybe this should go in the "deserved better" thread. :)

Banthaholic
08-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Life Aquatic

The Island

Jason goes to Hell

JimJamBonds
08-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Is that the Criterion version of Amy, JimJam? I noticed again how horrible the picture quality is on that...maybe this should go in the "deserved better" thread. :)

Yup that be it, if you listen to the start of the commentary ol Bobby says "F DVD"! lol. I'm hope there will be a 10 year release coming out next year.

Ji'dai
08-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Somewhere In Time, the Richard Matheson fantasy about a playwright (Christopher Reeve) who wills himself back in time to meet the woman of his dreams (Jane Seymour). Watch for author Matheson in the 1912 sequence, he plays the "astonished man" who dismisses Reeve's shaving ability.

Into the West, a 12-hour mini-series that follows two families - one white, the other Lakota - over the course of 1825-1891 during the migration and settling of the American West.

Having relatively low expectations for V for Vendetta, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Though I'll probably will never watch it again, I did nevertheless enjoy my first viewing.

JimJamBonds
08-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Donnie Darko and another instalment in the Horatio Hornblower saga for me today.

Banthaholic
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Saw Closer last night. I was surprised to see Padme smoking, I hope she wasn't pregnant with Luke & Leia at the time. Though judging from her dancing at the club, Anakin's one lucky guy.

JimJamBonds
08-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Saw Closer last night. I was surprised to see Padme smoking, I hope she wasn't pregnant with Luke & Leia at the time. Though judging from her dancing at the club, Anakin's one lucky guy.

Yes.....yes he was.:thumbsup:

2-1B
08-25-2006, 12:12 AM
"like Heaven" :grin:

UKWildcat
08-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I've watched 6 or so episodes from the new House Season 2 dvd. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

AND... I finally finished the first season of Deadwood last night, the last 4 episodes. Needless to say, that show is f**king awesome and I can't wait to dive into the second season!!!!! I may start it today, although I have some movies I should probably watch first. i.e. Silent Hill and the Posiedon(sp?) Adventure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Phew, lord, consider how i just got my cable installed at my new apartment, my DVD collection has been spent. In no order:

The Life Aquatic
Royal Tenenbaums
Simpsons s.8
Sealab 2021 s4
King Kong (2005)
V for Vendetta
Freaks & Geeks
Arrested Development s1-2
40 year old Virgin
28 days later
Batman Begins
Jurassic Park
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Robot Chicken, s1.

I think that nearly sums it up. :crazed:

2-1B
08-26-2006, 12:33 PM
UKW, don't waste your time with Silent Hill. :D

UKWildcat
08-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Really Cae? I've heard/read mixed things about it, both good and bad obviously, but I figured I'd watch it and form my own opinion. I'm not going in with the highest of expectations but hopefully I'll find it somewhat entertaining and enjoyable and not a complete waste of 2 hrs. I'll be sure to let you know what I think. :nerv:

Watched United 93 earlier today. I'm still not really sure what I thought about it. It was good I guess. It is a movie I will probably never watch again.

Btw JMG - :crazed:

Kidhuman
08-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Watched thw new Willie Wonka, The Seige and Dodgeball Today.

UKWildcat
08-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I still haven't seen the new Willie Wonka yet.

Well, I watched Silent Hill earlier today and you were right Caesar. The environment was pretty freaky and the gore (mainly towards the end) was pretty good; but that was about it. It had potential but failed to deliver; it could have been much better. It was a little on the long side too, at a little over 2 hrs. I'd probably give it a D-.

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I watched The RInger last night and couldnt stop laughing.

2-1B
08-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry UK but at least you gave it a chance.

I saw it in the theater and I was the ONLY person there, first and only time I've ever achieved that ! :grin:

kool-aid killer
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I went and seen "Talladega Nights, the Ballad of Ricky Bobby" on Saturday. I didnt think it was very funny. Am i humor deficient? Lots of people seem to like Will Ferrell, but i think hes stupid moreso than hilarious. Some guy in the theater was commentating on how this was his best movie, and if so, im glad ive missed out on all the rest.

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Its all in what your taste is, I like Will's humor but not some others like Bill Cosby's style of humor. Everyone has an opinion, if we didnt we would be communists or something.

DarkArtist
08-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Let's see two of the most ridiculous movies of all time. One has by far one of the greatest lines in movie history, another just ruined one of my all time favorite cartoons. The first, and the line says it all "I am tired of these mother******* snakes on this mother******* plane." Yes Snakes on a plane funny movie, even funnier since I am so afraid of snakes and it was great to see everyone in the movie screaming and jumping while I just laughed.

The other is Fat Albert. no words can describe how upset i was over this flick. i am peved that Bill Cosby gave his blessing on this film.

Ji'dai
08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
The best part(s?) of Final Destination 3 was the nekkid babes at the tanning salon. I wish I would've picked up the pan & scan copy at the library instead of getting widescreen -damn black bars blocking my view. The movie wasn't all that great.

Another so-so movie I watched this week is The Three burials of Melquiades Estrada, a "modern" western directed and starring Tommy Lee Jones.

Rocketboy
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Saw "Invincible" starring Mark Walberg last night.
Good movie. Better than I thought it would be.

Banthaholic
09-01-2006, 12:45 AM
We watched Zathura tonight on cable. Portions were interesting, but the small kids and their misbehaving ways and lack of attention to playing the game drove us nuts. The movie could have been over in 15 minutes if they would have organized their gameplay better :)

2-1B
09-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Carlito's Way. Twice.

UKWildcat
09-01-2006, 12:58 AM
You know what C? I don't think I have ever watched Carlito's Way all the way through. From you watching it twice, I'm taking it that it is a great movie? I love Pacino too, which is even more strange as to me not ever watching the complete movie. I could possibly say the same thing for Donnie Brasco.

Last night I watched Wrong Turn. The night before that I watched Halloween 4 (most of it), and the night before that I watched House of Wax. Yes, it's almost October and I'm starting to watch my horror movies. :D

I've also watched more episodes of House Season 2 as I'm trying to finish it before Season 3 starts next week.

2-1B
09-01-2006, 01:05 AM
LOG OFF RIGHT NOW!!!! You must watch Carlito's Way, it's fantastic!!! :)

It's been on HBO a bunch lately so that's how I watched it twice. Damn, that is a good movie.

Same with Donnie Brasco, even though they changed the ending and stuff from history...but a great movie.

Carlito's Way is spectacular, I highly recommend it. :grin: I never watched that prequel they made and I don't plan to any time soon. Ridiculous that they brought back Luis Guzman to play a different character (not a slam against him, because he's great in the original). :)

UKWildcat
09-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I'll be sure to set the DVR to record it, if it comes on soon. The crazy thing is, I actually owned the movie at one point too (on VHS). I attempted to watch it on several occasions but fell asleep or something. After that, I kinda lost any desire to finish it. I'll be sure to add it to my "To Watch" list since you highly recommend it.

You checked out anything else lately C? or has that been it?

kool-aid killer
09-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Carlito's Way. Twice.

Ive been a fan of this movie for at least two years, i first seen it on AMC. I like it a lot more than i do Scarface. Good story and Pacinco and Penn play their parts well. Its too bad it seems like a lot of people slept on it. Their is a prequel to it, "Carlitos Way: Rise to Power" but ive yet to catch it, and really have no desire to for fear of it possibly tarnishing my image of this movie.

2-1B
09-03-2006, 02:55 AM
Wedding Crashers for the second night in a row.

Kidhuman
09-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Season one of Deadwood the last few nights, probably wrap it up tonight.

UKWildcat
09-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Season one of Deadwood the last few nights, probably wrap it up tonight.

:lipsrsealed:

I started the second season of Deadwood last night and watched the first 3 episodes. I'll probably watch a couple more today.

Btw Caesar, "Welcome to f*cking Deadwood!" ;) Great line.

I've also watched The Poseidon Adv. (new one), which was alright, and The Amityville Horror (new one).

scruffziller
09-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Seen Sleepwalkers for the first time. Back in May I watched Pink Floyd's The Wall for the first time too. Been watching Knight Rider 2nd season and Nip/Tuck 3rd season on DVD.

General_Grievous
09-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Just finished South Park season 8 on DVD. Gotta love that "Fun With Weapons" episode. :D

Kidhuman
09-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Just watched V for Vendetta, good movie

UKWildcat
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Yesterday I watched The Sentinel which was an alright movie. It wasn't too bad.

I also watched about 5 more episodes of Deadwood. This means I only have like 3 or 4 more to go with the second season and I'm going to try and finish them today. I have enjoyed ths show immensely and thanks again to all who previously recommended it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-04-2006, 01:38 PM
currently watching the Spike Lee doc, "When the Levees Broke." It provokes a sense of anger, frustration, irritation, sadness and grief that is too difficult to describe at times.

DarkArtist
09-04-2006, 03:33 PM
last night was a double feature of Tango and Cash (love that movie, now there's an action figure line screaming to be made. I mean c'mon what fan wouldn't want a Teri Hatcher stripper figure ????)
also on tap was the flick Armaggedon. (once again another action figure line screaming to be re-made since the failed attempt from Matchbox.)

JimJamBonds
09-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back last night and I'm finishing up Corpse Lumber Season III.

2-1B
09-04-2006, 04:02 PM
With all the movies I own that I love to rewatch, I find it hard to catch up on movies I haven't seen already...the last 4 movies I've watched are all repeats:

40 Year Old Virgin (watching right now)
Wedding Crashers
Ace Ventura 1
The Wedding Singer

Plus, it's easier to get stuff around the house while watching these since they don't require my FULL attention, you know?

UKDubs, I'm glad you are enjoying CorpseLumber. :)

UKWildcat
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Ace Ventura 1

-"Hungry fella? There ya go!"

Wonder why you were to watch that one Cae? ;)

UKDubs, I'm glad you are enjoying CorpseLumber. :)

Awww man, it is awesome!!! I just finished watching 3 episodes so that leaves 1 more for Season 2. I just checked HBO Ondemand and they still have the entire 3rd season up for viewing. Needless to say I am absolutely thrilled! :D

I plan on finishing S2 today and possibly starting the 3rd. Right now I'm going to take a break and put on a movie. I still haven't decided what I'm going to watch although I'm thinking the original Dawn Of The Dead "Extended Cut" from the boxset. Then, at some point, I gotta tackle that European cut that I have yet to see.

2-1B
09-04-2006, 04:21 PM
I should have included Shallow Hal in my list of repeats up there, I watched it again yesterday and I love that movie. :)

Thanks for being my Ace 1 muse, UKDubs. :D

Slicker
09-04-2006, 05:04 PM
40 Year Old Virgin (watching right now)
Wedding Crashers
Ace Ventura 1
The Wedding Singer

All great movies too. It's been a while since I've seen Wedding Crashers though.

You motorboatin' sonuvab**ch you.

Kidhuman
09-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I finished Deadwood Season one, loved it, looking foward to season 2 hopefully soon. At any rate, I have been watching alot of movies lately. One that really suprised me and I actually enjoyed it is Sky high about the superhero High School. Not a over the top great movie, but alot better than I thought.

El Chuxter
09-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I remember thinking that looked like a pig terd, then the creators were on the Disney panel with Bruce Campbell at last year's Comic-Con. I recall thinking, "Man, why aren't they hyping these guys instead of making this look like the latest kiddie tripe from Disney?" Still haven't seen it, but I do want to.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-05-2006, 12:16 PM
On my "To Watch" list this week are two DVD's i got from the Buy of Best this morning:

"United 93" 2 disc SE
"Robin Hood: Men In tights" (FINALLY!!!)

Ji'dai
09-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Caught Belle de Jour on IFC the other night. This 1967 French film follows a newly-married doctor's frigid housewife as she explores her masochistic sexual dreams and desires by working in a small neighborhood brothel. The line between her dreams and reality become blurred at times, which allow for different interpretations of the film - fact, fantasy or a combination of the two.

Demi Moore is haunted by more than her deceased child in Half Light, a surprisingly enjoyable supernatural thriller. I admit I wasn't expecting much from this one, but found it better than such recent ghostly tales as Darkness, White Noise, and Dark Water.

Someone is stealing secret recipes from denizens in the enchanted forrest and it's up to Flipper the Frog to get to the bottom of the case in Hoodwinked. Centering around the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale, this poorly animated film leaves a lot to be desired. The only one who gets Hoodwinked is the viewer.

UKWildcat
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for being my Ace 1 muse, UKDubs. :D

No prob C-Dog. :D While we are still on the topic of Ace Ventura; evidentally the new (widescreen) release is just the theatrical cut and doesn't include the bonus footage; I loved the dolphin trainer bit. :mad:

Yesterday I watched Dawn Of The Dead, the Extended Cut. Excellent film. Last night I watched a movie called Face, which is part of the Tartan Asia Extreme series. There were definitely some pretty creepy moments during the movie and it had a pretty good plot, but I wasn't overly impressed with it. It was alright I suppose.

UKWildcat
09-08-2006, 01:28 AM
I finished Deadwood S2 last night and it was awesome!!!! One of the best finales I have seen in a while. I can't wait to dive into the Season 3!!!

I watched the premeire of House S3 on Fox last night (recorded) which was amazing! Excellent stuff! I put on Kill Bill Vol.1 while I went to sleep. Great film and I'm still waiting for a 4 disc edition to hit the shelves. :D Two discs films, two discs, extras. Would that not kick arse or what? Speaking of Kill Bill, did you all like Vol1 or Vol2 better? I'm still leaning towards Vol.1.

2-1B
09-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Watching Dane Cook Vicious Circle right now on HBO for the second time.

Kidhuman
09-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Started watching LOTR again last night, should get TTT in today

Rocketboy
09-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Saw "Posieden" tonight.
After the first few minutes, I was hoping they'd all drown.

Kidhuman
09-09-2006, 03:42 AM
Watched Anchorman and TTT today

UKWildcat
09-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I watched "Inside Man" last night and really enjoyed it. Clive Owen and Denzel Washington are just badarses. I'm not a big fan of Clarice, I mean Jodie Foster, but she did well. I can highly recommend the movie and when I can get a deal on it, I'll buy the dvd. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jargo
09-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Monster house, Cars, The ant bully, I'm a big big fan of CG toon movies. I can highly reccomend Cars and Monster house is fantastic. incredible motion capture work and a really good story. The ant bully just plain sucks though. it's like a sequel to Antz which in itself sucked.

I rewatched chicken little and thoroughly enjoyed it again. it doesn't seem to be diminishing in coolness. even Hoodwinked still seems fairly fresh on repeated viewings.

watched an episode of the ghost whisperer or whatever the hell its called and cried because it was so bad. Also saw an episode of the war at home and tried to chew my own hand off it was so so terrible.

older stuff i've watched, starship troopers just for Casper Van Dien's butt and the bright orange goo of the big beetle bug when it explodes and the brain sucking scene. And I'm currently slogging through the entire run of the Star trek movies. Mostly giggling at Shatners hair. I had to watch the theatrical release of The motion picture as that's all i have but look forward to seeing the directors edition when i get chance.

Looking forward to Barnyard, Open season, Flushed away and Happy feet. and the CGI TMNT movie. There's not much in the way of live action that appeals to me really. most of the movies due out soon seem really dull and dire. just more generic crud. or carbon copies and sequels. most of which look like they should have saved their money.

UKWildcat
09-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Watching Dane Cook Vicious Circle right now on HBO for the second time.

I watched that last night for the first time. It was pretty funny. I thought I was going to hear a bunch of recycled jokes, but I didn't. A lot of it was original, to me anyways. The "movie theater" and "one night stand" bits just about killed me! lol I'm definitely going to check it out again. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Dane did revisit some old bits but he changed it up and added to them or took a different approach, so that was cool. :)

JimJamBonds
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Does a crappy Packer game count? Although I could take Frett's perspective and say watched a great Bear victory. lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh yeah, the Bears game was fantastic!! Owned those damned Packers. :whip:

and yeah, Dane's special was fantastic. I got an mp3 of it and have been playing it a lot. I love his "nothing fight" bit and the whole movie theater thing was great, especially when he did a slight tribue to his older stuff during the previews ("Where's the van?!??! The van was supposed to be here!!!") and the crowd went crazy when they heard it too. Oh, and the crying bit, God i loved that. Especially when he was talking about his Mom and Dad cos we all know mom comforts and dad makes you feel like an ***. Good stuff. "Take off this dress and end this little tea party......here's your mother."

as for me: "United 93" and it was superb.

UKWildcat
09-15-2006, 09:11 PM
I watched one of the greatest movies of all time last night.... The Goonies!

2-1B
09-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Chester Copperpot.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Being doped up on painkillers and muscle relaxants (neck injury), I finally buckled and bought the first "Evening with Kevin Smith." I'm on the story about "Superman Lives/Reborn" script. Interesting stuff. I can't wait to get my hands in #2.

Kidhuman
09-23-2006, 05:42 PM
I have watched Beetlejuice, History of Violence and Hills have eyes this past week. Also watched the Scrubs marathom on CC today.&

UKWildcat
09-23-2006, 08:01 PM
I watched Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector last night. It had its moments but it was pretty bad for the most part.

What did you think of History of Violence kh? I have only seen it once but I very much enjoyed it. I actually own it and plan on watching it again sometime soon.

Kidhuman
09-23-2006, 08:12 PM
I liked it, the only thing I didnt like was William Hurt as a mob boss????&

General_Grievous
09-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I saw Jackass 2 today. I saw a guy drink horse blankety blank. I wish I hadn't. :dead: I thought most of the movie was hilarious, though. Because I have the mentality of a nine year old. :D

Rocketboy
09-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Saw Jackass Number Two last night - great stuff for the 14-year-old in all of us.
And saw a "sneak preview" of School for Scoundrels tonight. John Heder was great and its always funny seeing Billy Bob Thorton as the a-hole.

Tomorrow, I may go for the movie theater hat trick and see Flyboys.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2006, 12:11 AM
I still need to see "Jackass 2," "The Last Kiss," and hell, "Tallageda nights." I don't see those happening anytime soon though.

Rewatched "Everything is Illuminated" today. Such a great flick. It's probably going to be the one I have my class watch and write about. Has a lot going on and the way its shot is superb. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
09-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Tomorrow, I may go for the movie theater hat trick and see Flyboys.

Crap that already opened!?!?!?!?!:upset:

2-1B
09-24-2006, 01:00 AM
I don't suppose someone in the movie says "Into the garbage chute, Flyboys" ? :confused:

JimJamBonds
09-24-2006, 01:08 AM
I watched the Pantara Behind the Music today, it was actually quite good and rather touching when talking about Dime.

Rocketboy
09-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I still need to see... "The Last Kiss,"Don't rush. Very depressing movie.

UKWildcat
09-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I watched Grosse Pointe Blank last night for the umpteenth time. Fantastic movie. One of my favs. Gotta love some Piven too.:thumbsup:

I got the Brotherhood of the Wolf (3Disc Collector's Edition) in the mail today and I can't wait to check it out. I've seen it once before but it was a while ago. But like I said, I can't wait to check this one out again, even the special features. :crazed: :D

Snowtrooper
09-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Saw Jackass: Number 2 last saturday. I damn near busted a gut laughing so hard. Some of the stuff they did I couldn't believe: Steve-O with the fishhook or Pontius baiting a snake with his manhood to name a few. I went to it with a buddy of mine(since my wife abhores Jackass). He's normally not a realy fan of juvenile behavior, but even he thought this one was pretty good.

JetsAndHeels
09-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I rented Glory Road over the weekend. I really enjoyed it....its like Remember the Titans but dealing with basketball. I will probably end up buying this one soon.

UKWildcat
10-03-2006, 10:19 PM
With it being October and all, I've started putting more and more Horror movies into my rotation.

Over the past couple of days I have watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original version, new dvd release) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (new dvd release). Both movies are amazing classics and the new dvd releases are awesome. The new film transfers on both movies are incredible and are alone well worth the double dip. I can't wait to check out the extras on both films too. Excellent stuff! :thumbsup:

I also watched The Tooth Fairy last night which was a pretty bad movie. One of the very few bright spots of the movie was the co-star Carrie Fleming. She is pretty fine. :D

General_Grievous
10-07-2006, 12:56 PM
I saw "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning". It wasn't scary, but pretty gross. It was so predictable. I regret paying $10 to see it. I should have waited for the DVD. I guess the only saving grace of the movie is R. Lee Ermy being his badass self.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I watched Grosse Pointe Blank last night for the umpteenth time. Fantastic movie. One of my favs. Gotta love some Piven too.:thumbsup:

Piven is so awesome in that role. When he talks about their old friend who has a tracking device on him and mumbles, "I think he's at Dunkin' Donuts right now.." I nearly wet myself.

Turbowars
10-08-2006, 01:47 AM
I saw the jackass, Chain Saw and The Departed. I like all 3. Some girl threw up at jackass when the guy drank the horse sperm. I almost did too. Chain Saw was cool and it made me kind of sick. The Departed was good. I would had liked a different ending, but it was still good.

UKWildcat
10-14-2006, 01:41 AM
I just finished watching Lucky Number Sleven. It was a really good movie, very enjoyable and extremely clever. I'll definitely buy the dvd at some point. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kidhuman
10-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I have been watching Deadwood Season 2 lately. Thanks again UK for the hook up

2-1B
10-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I, too, saw The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Episode I The Phantom Menace and it was okay...just okay. It's not a prequel to a very good movie in the first place so I wasn't expecting much. Also there's no anticipation about certain people from the family getting killed...because we already saw them three years ago in the movie that has yet to happen.

Uncle Monty getting his legs "balanced" was interesting, though. lol

What was up with Jordana Brewster's buttcrack? With as much screentime as it had, I thought it should have received a costarring credit. :confused:

UKWildcat
10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
I have been watching Deadwood Season 2 lately. Thanks again UK for the hook up

No problem man. Glad you are enjoying it! :thumbsup:

What was up with Jordana Brewster's buttcrack? With as much screentime as it had, I thought it should have received a costarring credit. :confused:

Nice! Looking forward to that. :lipsrsealed:

I'm going to hold off on the Texas prequel until it hits dvd. Same with The Grudge 2. I really want to see both movies but it takes a quality film to get me off my arse and goto the theater nowadays. :D

I watched Click last night. I'm still not sure what I think about it. It was alright I suppose. Not Sandlers best, but not his worst either. It was okay. I absolutely love Kate Beckinsale though....she's swell. :love:

2-1B
10-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Click was alright, it dragged on I thought...

UKWildcat
10-17-2006, 03:04 AM
I'm feeling a Firefly marathon coming up soon....

A Firefly marathon would be great. If you include Serenity, that's like 13-14 hours.

Did anyone ever take down that Firefly/Serenity marathon? That is still on my "to do list". :yes:

I watched a sweet little piece on slasher films the other night on Starz called "Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". It was a good hour and a half discussion of the development of the "Slasher Film". A lot of really good stuff. Lots of good interviews with the likes of John Carpenter, Rob Zombie, Wes Craven and many actors and producers as well. There were also a ton of film clips from the most popular and most controversial movies listed. It was really well done. I definitely suggest you horror buffs to check it out. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
10-17-2006, 01:27 PM
I watched a sweet little piece on slasher films the other night on Starz called "Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". It was a good hour and a half discussion of the development of the "Slasher Film". I saw that the other night. I was surprised that Romero wasn't covered at all.

I liked the ethereal Silent Hill, although it seemed to drag at times. I've never played the video games so I'm not really knowledgeable about the storyline. Still, I prefer something new to retreading some old game plot.

Serenity was pretty good too once I re-acclimated myself to Joss-speak or Whedonese. He's so shiny. I never watched Firefly so the film was my first intro to this universe. The Reavers were cool - kind of like living dead in space.

Missed about a ten-minute block during Wolf Creek but I think I got the gist of it. Felt to me like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in the Aussie Outback. It's one of those movies that isn't fantastic, but you want to watch anyway to get the entire story.

Rocketboy
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Did anyone ever take down that Firefly/Serenity marathon? That is still on my "to do list". :yes:Not yet, but it still on my to-do list also.

Watched "The Island" on HBO the other day.
Not as bad as I'd heard, but wasn't really that good either.

2-1B
10-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I watched a sweet little piece on slasher films the other night on Starz called "Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". It was a good hour and a half discussion of the development of the "Slasher Film". A lot of really good stuff. Lots of good interviews with the likes of John Carpenter, Rob Zombie, Wes Craven and many actors and producers as well. There were also a ton of film clips from the most popular and most controversial movies listed. It was really well done. I definitely suggest you horror buffs to check it out. :thumbsup:

I heard good things about that but I don't get Starz. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2006, 12:11 AM
I bought "Feast" yesterday and i'm pretty excited to watch it.

I'm still catching up on "Firefly" and then plan to jump onto "Serenity" so please don't get spoilerific with me, folks! :crazed:

2-1B
10-18-2006, 10:26 PM
How do you like Firefly, JMGuy ? :)

I'll be putting Dawn '78 in my player this weekend...it's been way too long. Probably find time for Day and Land throughout the next week, too. :grin: Maybe Night '90, time permitting.

UKWildcat
10-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I saw that the other night. I was surprised that Romero wasn't covered at all.

I guess it's b/c most of Romero's films aren't "Slashers" per se, but are "Undead/Zombie" movies. But even with that said, I still thought they would have atleast mentioned him especially since Tom Savini was prominantly featured throughout the special.

Missed about a ten-minute block during Wolf Creek but I think I got the gist of it. Felt to me like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in the Aussie Outback. It's one of those movies that isn't fantastic, but you want to watch anyway to get the entire story.

I enjoyed Wolf Creek for the most part. The beginning was a bit slow but it really picked up half way through. It definitely wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, that's for sure.

I heard good things about that but I don't get Starz. :(

That stinks. You can probably download it somewhere *cough*torrent*cough* or watch it on Youtube. :crazed: ;) Actually, at some point it'll probably be released on DVD one way or another.

I'll be putting Dawn '78 in my player this weekend...it's been way too long. Probably find time for Day and Land throughout the next week, too. :grin: Maybe Night '90, time permitting.

One word: Awesome! :thumbsup:

I bought "Feast" yesterday and i'm pretty excited to watch it.

Sweet! Be sure to let us know how Feast is. I have that in my Netflix queue. :D

Well I watched "The Butterfly Effect 2" the other night. Yup, it was pretty bad. I want that 1hr and 20 mins of my life back! :mad:

I watched Cronenberg's "The Fly" last night. Great movie! Never did see the original though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
How do you like Firefly, JMGuy ? :)

I'm really enjoying it. It has a great storyline and a FANTASTIC set of characters. Plus, they got a great set of lovely ladies on Serenity. I mean, Kaylee is adorable, and River is fiesty in a creepy zoned out chick sorta way. lol I just watched "Shindig" a few weeks ago where Sheperd got his arse shot, so I need to catch up. Sadly, with the Master's degree in full swing, this isn't looking like it's anytime soon.

but I will DEFINATELY be watching "Feast" tomorrow night (i'm giving myself two hours off) and i'll let you folks know how it is. :thumbsup:

2-1B
10-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Damn straight, Kaylee rocks ! Probably my second favorite female TV character after Pam Beesley. lol lol lol

General_Grievous
10-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Did anyone ever take down that Firefly/Serenity marathon? That is still on my "to do list". :yes:

I saw that too. And oddly enough, I now want to see "Silent Night, Deadly Night". Tim Allen's Santa Claus? Lame. Killer Santa Claus? Interesting.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Here is my review of "FEAST" I posted on my blog. It's pretty spoiler free, I just mention names and talk about a performance of two. However, if you want to remain totally a virgin for the flick, don't read. I loved it.

"Feast"- Alright, if you don't know the history behind this flick, pay attention: this was the winner/flick that "Project Greenlight" did last season for their horror movie. The movie had some production issues as it was a first time director, but once they found their groove, everything flowed. The result is a hysterical, jumpy, blood and gore fest of "Evil Dead" and "Day of the Dead" proportions. This flick has everything and it has CULT CLASSIC written all over it (not really, the DVD just says "FEAST," but you get me). The plot of the movie is pretty simple: a band of strangers must.......band together to face some hell spawn beast that is prowling outside. Did I mention they were hungry? They try to get in, our human friends don't want that and fun ensues. What's great is that the flick, along with all cult classics, knows what it's doing from the first frame. Small example: when we meet the first main character, named Bozo, the screen stops and it brings up a few stats on the guy, kinda like, "Name: Bozo, Occupation: town Jackass" and it also gives you a "Fun Fact" and "Life Expectancy." It's funny, funny ****. Like when the kid in the wheelchair and his stats come up, the "life expectancy" says, "They wouldn't kill the kid in the wheelchair, would they?" The rest of the notes are great stuff. The characters have wacky names like "Hero", "Heroine", "Beer Guy" and "Coach" and yes, "Jason Mewes" who plays himself. However, I have to give a shout out to Henry Rollins is great in his role. He's such a go-getter, cheeseball that you can't help but love the guy. However, I was waiting for him to strip down to a pair of running shorts and start singing, holding the mic in that wacky Rollins Band way (some of you know of what I speak!) Back to the names or lack of them: It doesn't matter though as nobody really uses any names in the flick. Seriously, if you were getting attacked by hell beasts, would you care if somebody got your name right? The movie has some really hysterical parts and a few jumps and what's great is that nobody is really safe. Anybody can get picked off and that's one of the reasons to enjoy this flick (along with the fact it's just solid fun). The gore level is off the charts and i'll say that this flick goes down as one of the GORIEST and BLOODIEST films I've ever seen, ever. It's up there with "Slither" (which hits DVD next Tuesday!!!!!) in terms of gore and blood: limbs get removed, eyes get plucked, bodies devoured, the works. One fantastically gory scene involves maggots, a whoooooooooooooole lot of maggots. Be warned, if you don't like gore, get the hell away from this flick, head to the drama section and rent either "The Notebook" or "Beaches" and call it a night. For the rest of us who love a solid, fun filled, gore fest with a few surprises, we'll be enjoying ourselves in the next room. Rating- *** out of ****
:thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Good review of "Feast", JMG. I watched it today, and I thought it was average at best. I did enjoy the scenes of gore (why I rented it) and the blood but other than that I got kind of bored with some of the movie during the downtime when they were trying to figure out how to leave the tavern.

Kidhuman
10-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Just watched Silent Hill. I thought it was OK. A little off the video games(I never played 3) but pretty close ot the characters from all of them.

2-1B
10-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Rhinestone.

A few days ago I got up extra early for work around 5am and it was playing on HBO so I watched it for awhile before I left...I forgot how crusty that movie was! lol When Sly was decked out in his shiny singing cowboy regalia, I about ****ed myself with laughter. :grin:

The honor of Worst Stallone Movie usually seems to go to "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot" or sometimes "Oscar"...but I think Rhinestone is overlooked in this category.

By the way, in case you didn't notice, Dolly Parton has ginormous breasts.

UKWildcat
10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I saw that too. And oddly enough, I now want to see "Silent Night, Deadly Night". Tim Allen's Santa Claus? Lame. Killer Santa Claus? Interesting.

Heck yea! Each year Silent Night, Deadly Night always makes it into my dvd rotation around Christmas time. :thumbsup: The second one as well, which has the infamous "Garbage Day" scene. lol

By the way, in case you didn't notice, Dolly Parton has ginormous breasts.

Nope, never noticed. :p lol

Here is my review of "FEAST" I posted on my blog. It's pretty spoiler free, I just mention names and talk about a performance of two. However, if you want to remain totally a virgin for the flick, don't read. I loved it.

Awesome review of "Feast" JMG! I'm very much looking forward to watching this film, even moreso after reading your post. I'll definitely let you guys know what I think of it after I see it, which will hopefully be w/in the next week or so.

I didn't have to work yesterday so I stayed home and watched movies all day, none of which I had seen before. The first movie I watched was "Closer", which I rather enjoyed. It was a bit crude at times but the acting was superb. Gotta love "Stripper Portman" too. The second movie I watched was "The Fifth Element". Yes, I had never seen this movie before. I really enjoyed it too. That Chris Tucker is crazy... and I absolutely love Jovovich. :love: The third and final movie I watched yesterday was "The Omen", the new one. It had its few moments but overall, I wasn't impressed. Not nearly as good as the original IMO.

Ji'dai
10-21-2006, 08:45 PM
I watched Dead Man a few days ago. This B&W western features Johnny Depp as a tenderfoot accountant who becomes an old west outlaw after shooting a man during a lover's quarrel. Wounded, Depp is nursed back to health by the Indian "Nobody," who ends up being a kind of spirit guide. Strange film.

Kidhuman
10-22-2006, 12:29 AM
I saw that movie a few years back and thought it was alright. Kind of weird.

Turbowars
10-22-2006, 12:41 AM
I have seen a few movies lately.

Here's what I liked

Hard Candy
Shallow Grave
Lucky # Slevin
Prestige
JackAss
Chainsaw
The Departed

The Grudge 2 was OK

What I hated,

Are you scared Yet. Nothing but a Saw ripoff!