PDA

View Full Version : Blackhole Gentle Giant PROMO?

Hem Dazon
06-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I just came into one of these Blackhole busts and its not numbered, its a PROMO. thiers a promo sticker on bottom of box and the Certificate sais PROMO. Anyone know the rarity on the promos. i see the regular limited to 1000 going for 400-500 on ebay. is the value of a promo concidered to be much higher?, and just how many Promo's are produced. any advice, knowledge would be helpfull

Thanks
Hem

Jayspawn
06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Havnt heard about that. Just that I didnt get one.

Turbowars
06-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Promos go for more $ in general, but if you are here to ask how much you should start your e-bay auction for, you are at the wrong place.

As for the amount of promos made, well GG has stated that it depends on the bust. Sometimes there could be 100 promos, or just around 20-30.

Samuel Windu
06-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I would like to see a pic;)

jedi master sal
06-21-2006, 01:59 PM
I would like to see a pic;)
You me and everyone else. No offense to H_D but already getting a promo when no one else has there's yet, plus it's the first post??

It does make one wonder.

H_D please by all means prove our skepticism wrong by posting a pic. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong when proven so.

Hem Dazon
06-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I dont plan on selling it, 1st off. you think i searched the web for a site on the GG busts to post a lie lol. its the center piece of my colelction. i will try to get a pics up soon.

Hem Dazon

Hem Dazon
06-21-2006, 03:21 PM

Hem Dazon
06-21-2006, 03:28 PM
heres one more, it was the bottom of the box, was kind of hard to get cause with flash it would blur out "PROMO" and without it was pretty dark... any questions?.. i just wanted to know how many promo's get made if anyone knew?

Hem Dazon

jedi master sal
06-22-2006, 12:25 PM
I dont plan on selling it, 1st off. you think i searched the web for a site on the GG busts to post a lie lol. its the center piece of my colelction. i will try to get a pics up soon.

Hem Dazon
I didn't say you were going to sell it.

Nice job though.

Would you care to say how you were able to snag it?

I was one of the lucky ones who got an order through for the numbered ones. I got my tracking confirmation today.

-Sal

Turbowars
06-22-2006, 06:38 PM
You are going to like it Sal. It's defiantly NOT the best nor my favorite bust in my collection, but it does look cool with all the other Storm troopers. It's kind of like a trophy that I got from GG. I mean this bust so far has been the most challenging to get a hold of. I got #630

jedi master sal
06-22-2006, 09:35 PM
You are going to like it Sal. It's defiantly NOT the best nor my favorite bust in my collection, but it does look cool with all the other Storm troopers. It's kind of like a trophy that I got from GG. I mean this bust so far has been the most challenging to get a hold of. I got #630

Thanks for that word TW.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting mine. I didn't get it today, but then I took a half a day from work (that's where I had it delivered to). So, it could be there waiting for me tomorrow...

Samuel Windu
06-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the pics:thumbsup:

I haven't heard it before.Where did you get it?Just curious:)

Hem Dazon
06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
it was dumb luck. i missed the fri morning sale, working, and i had to have 1. i got it from ebay. i knew i was overpaying but when i got it and saw promo i wet my pants lol...i dont the seller new it was a promo or what they had.

Hem

BlueSnags
06-28-2006, 08:10 PM

Hem Dazon

Looks like you must've changed your mind...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKHOLE-STORMTROOPER-STAR-WARS-GENTLE-GIANT-PROMO_W0QQitemZ300002567639QQihZ020QQcategoryZ751Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Slicker
06-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh, and a starting bid of a low, low $1,499.:rolleyes:

You scum!

Turbowars
06-28-2006, 08:25 PM
More like SCUMBAG. I Knew the guys intention was to just get info out of us, but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I was wrong. I hope someone bids it up to high heaven and leaves the jackass high and dry!

Hem Dazon
06-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I will not respond to put downs, its childish..All i have to say is, yes i change my mind. i took the advice of someone else. sell it, buy a regular one, and more busts i need. if it dosnt sell, i still have a rare piece.

Hem

BlueSnags
06-29-2006, 01:52 AM
I will not respond to put downs, its childish..All i have to say is, yes i change my mind. i took the advice of someone else. sell it, buy a regular one, and more busts i need. if it dosnt sell, i still have a rare piece.

Hem

Yeah, I was reading your posts over in statueforum. Funny that you took the advice of "Lockford88," AKA HolyCrapToys, the biggest piece of crap scalper on all of ebay and the internet.

It seems to be mostly scalpers that post on that site (there are a few cool non-scalper types that post there, however). Most of those guys call themselves "flippers," which is just a cute word for "scalper." Funny thing is, the correct connotation of the word "flip" as used in the real estate market, is that you buy something, MAKE IMPROVEMENTS ON IT, then resell it at a profit. Obviously these guys don't make any improvements on a product, they just try to hoard it and sell it at a premium. Most scalpers are just a bunch of bottom-feeding "middle-men" who live in their parent's basement and prey on weak-minded or impatient collectors. Here's the link if anyone wants to read this crap:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=30373&page=1&pp=10

Turbowars
06-29-2006, 06:06 PM
One word Old Blue "AWESOME!" HeHEHEHHeheheheheheh.;) Get lost Hem.:yes:

Reefer Shark
06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
lol! Flippers, huh? There's no prettying up the word scalper, flipper doesn't cut it, they're still scumbags to me. I'll admin though, I got a laugh reading that thread when I came across DDura711's response: "FLIP IT!"

Too funny, a collectible website that almost all members are scalpers. Maybe it's the people that get banned from here and other more respectable forums?

Turbowars
06-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey you guys read that thread at RS about the guy Scumbag that traded a BHB for a 1st release Vader with Holycraptoys. Well I'm thinking that Scumbag is Holycraptoys. What do you think Snags?

BlueSnags
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey you guys read that thread at RS about the guy Scumbag that traded a BHB for a 1st release Vader with Holycraptoys. Well I'm thinking that Scumbag is Holycraptoys. What do you think Snags?

It could be, bro. Either that or it's one of his butt-buddies trying to spread his propaganda. He wants to be let back onto RS SO bad - it's pretty damn funny the lengths he'll go to. Silly chump.:whip:

Warstar
06-29-2006, 09:37 PM
I sell stuff on Ebay that I never intended to...and it SUCKS. I don't think this guy is going to miss his Promo...makes me mad 'cause I just wanted ONE Blackhole Stormtrooper. Poo. I wouldn't have sold it- it's just too damned cool!

Slicker
07-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Well, since this tool couldn't get $1,500 for it he was more than generous enough to drop the price down to a low low $1,150.

You are totally awesome for doing that.:thumbsup::rolleyes: (http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKHOLE-STORMTROOPER-STAR-WARS-BUST-GENTLE-G-PROMO_W0QQitemZ300002567639QQihZ020QQcategoryZ751Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Turbowars
07-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Yep, what a generous jerkoff.

Hem Dazon
07-08-2006, 01:39 PM
omg, haha, i check my email and see someone replied again..i thought this thread was old news. you seriously need to get a life and stop worrying, b1tching and complaining about what others do. if i care to sell something to get extra money in my pocket to enhance my collection its none of your damn business. do u ever listen to yourself, wha wha wha. cry me a river.

Turbowars
07-08-2006, 02:01 PM
By posting here you made it our business. If we bother you so much them stop replying. Obviously you have nothing to add to our forum so be gone.:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
07-09-2006, 12:40 PM
More like SCUMBAG. I Knew the guys intention was to just get info out of us, but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I was wrong. I hope someone bids it up to high heaven and leaves the jackass high and dry!

TW, I knew that this was what his intentions were, that's why I was trying to be a bit leading with my questions. I didn't want to come outright and say he was going to sell it, but it was VERY apparnet.

Just look at the fact. He was a new poster on the boards at the time of the post (still is as of this post). He got a PROMO, even more rare (if real). Someone just doesn't get a promo, especially a person that doesn't know what the hell they are about. Or even if he didn't know what they were about, the questions that followed were evident that he was fishing for info and was going to sell it to begin with.

I'd venture to guess this isn't even really a promo but one of the 1000 and the number was taken off and promo painted on to try and attract even more ill-begotten money.

omg, haha, i check my email and see someone replied again..i thought this thread was old news. you seriously need to get a life and stop worrying, b1tching and complaining about what others do. if i care to sell something to get extra money in my pocket to enhance my collection its none of your damn business. do u ever listen to yourself, wha wha wha. cry me a river.

By posting here you made it our business. If we bother you so much them stop replying. Obviously you have nothing to add to our forum so be gone.:thumbsup:

Exactly what Turbowars said. You MADE it OUR business when you started posting about it here.

For everyone else, here's this douchebag's eBay name "saltdazon." Do the right thing folks and DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!!!

He's only bringing down the collecting community for his own selfish needs.

And you can see he supports other scalpers because he bought a Hem Dazon figure for $12.95 on eBay..check his feedback. (Ironic given his forum namesake...)

Dude, if you can't wait for figures and pay a premium for them, that still doesn't excuse you sell for a premium. You're feeding your "Have to have it now" addiction (and that IS what it is) by selling off a piece like the BHS bust.

You need to "go home and rethink your life."

Blatant scalping is not at all well recieved here or any other respectable collecting site.

If you keep posting, especially about this, you are going to continue to be called out on it. So do yourself a favor and just keep quiet. Notcie I didn't say leave. I'm playing the "PC" part here. Stay here at SSG if you wish, just realize that you've been nailed on a notorius scalping scheme and will be remembered for it for a long time.

-Sal MODERATOR SSG

Reefer Shark
07-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey, I thought he said if it didn't sell, he was going to keep it (since it is the centerpiece of his collection). Looks like he changed his mind and relisted for cheaper.

Too funny lol!

BlueSnags
07-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey, I thought he said if it didn't sell, he was going to keep it (since it is the centerpiece of his collection). Looks like he changed his mind and relisted for cheaper.

Too funny lol!

Yeah, the guy is a chump. I hope he got the message that he's not welcome here.:laugh:

BlueSnags
07-09-2006, 07:22 PM

Hey guys,

This douchebag just won another BHS on ebay. He is a true P.O.S. scalper - check it out. :laugh: Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140005339546

Slicker
07-09-2006, 07:49 PM
He's buying another one just in case he sells his other one for the low low price of $1,150. :thumbsup: