PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate ESB Action Figure Video! Watch this!

Tycho
06-20-2006, 02:09 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pe8NoccaGT8

OK, I was impressed! Nice set design, good figure choices, not too bad on the voice approximations for a fan film. A great and geeky way to showcase your figures from one of the most powerful scenes in the entire saga!

Come on over to Cloud City!

Tycho
06-20-2006, 02:12 PM
By the way, I love the way Leia looks at Vader as the Stormtroopers lock Chewie up and prepare to take Han away to frozen exile. She might be a little plastic figure, but that look of "You ba$tard!" is clearly conveyed. Nicely done.

JediTricks
06-20-2006, 08:03 PM
This is what you've been dreaming about doing with your figures your whole collecting life, isn't it. ;) I thought they did a good job of setting it up, but got a little cheesy with the hands and the sticks moving the figures. The bit with no-vest/vest Han was cute but silly. The voices weren't that good. And why is it all we can do with our figures is reenact scenes we've already seen?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I wonder if anyone's ever made a video that's better than this? Hmm . . . I wonder? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VzFgDxzpe9Q)

Rocketboy
06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Good stuff. Acting was pretty bad though. He should have used the actual audio.

Anyone else notice the close up of Han was vested? :D

Tycho
06-20-2006, 11:16 PM
This is what you've been dreaming about doing with your figures your whole collecting life, isn't it. ;) And why is it all we can do with our figures is reenact scenes we've already seen?

Actually, I always thought of doing the scenes chasing through the Death Star with the characters stopping to sniff the Mouse Droids. There could be that one hallway where Han turns the corner, and there would be a bunch of stormtroopers on their hands and knees sniffing the Mouse Droids and an Officer commanding Death Star Troopers to bring them more Mouse Droids. I'd add in the dialogue from the real movie and Chewie grunting, the Emperor going "You want this don't you?" and Han saying "I don't care what you smell!" - then "What a wonderful smell you've discovered!"

mabudonicus
06-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Tycho, you'd also need to use "I thought they smelled bad on the outside" as someone either cracks open a bubble of MDs or (GASP) cuts one open :beard: