PDA

View Full Version : The Official Posters, Photos & Autographs Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Jayspawn
06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Wattographs is taking send-in items to London Film and Comic Con! They almost have a better guest list than Celebration 5!

They are offering a never-before seen signed image of Gary Kurtz, which is spactacular! The other guests include....

Kenny Baker (R2-D2 / ewok Paploo), Bob Anderson (Darth Vader swordmaster/ Stunts), Ken Colley (Admiral Piett), Julian Glover (General Veers), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett/ Capt. Colton), Michael Culver (Capt. Needa), Norman Chancer (Hoth rebel), Colin Skeaping (Luke stuntman), Tony Allen (Snowtrooper/ Stunts), Daniel Logan (Boba Fett in AOTC and Clone Wars), Quentin Pierre (Bespin guard), Stephanie English (Hoth rebel tech), Doug Robinson (Snowtrooper/ Stunts), Stephen Fitzalan (Ewok celebration Mon Calamari, ESB Stormtrooper), Terence Mustoo (Imperial Officer/ Y-Wing pilot), Alan Flyng (ROTJ Imperial Officer), Tony Smart (Snowtrooper/ Stunts), Marilyn Turk (Hoth rebel, Beedo in Jabba’s Palace), Kit Hillier (Hoth Rebel), Milton Johns (Imperial Officer in ESB), Alan Swaden (Hoth rebel) and Tony Guilding (Pilot in ESB & ROTJ).

The signer I'm most excited about is legendary swordmaster Bob Anderson! For those who don't know, Bob played Darth Vader in all the duel/fight scenes in ESB and ROTJ. He's really old and signs very rarely, so I recommend him especially.

Jayspawn
06-14-2010, 10:50 AM
In other news, I'm getting some requests ready for Clive Revill and Christopher Muncke. And starting to pre-organize for C5.

Jayspawn
07-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Looks like the Celebration 5 guest list has wrapped up. I was hping for some other names, which is a little dissapointing. But there are some great signers like Ben Burt, John Morton, Robert Watts, Dickey Beer, that I'm really excited about. I've started pulling photos together to be signed at the convention.

Jayspawn
07-10-2010, 11:02 AM
They had a last minute addition of Warwick Davis to C5. Nice guest! Need him on several items. Looks like Mark Hamill is gonna skip yet another Celebration.

sergiurusu
07-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Now a VERY LONG awaited TTM success (about 2 years ago I sent the photos) - Leslie Schofield as Chief Bast (ANH) - thank you Mr. Schofield :thumbsup:

sergiurusu
07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Finally my framed autographs, there is space for more but waiting for a few other things to come

TeeEye7
07-31-2010, 05:29 PM
WOW! NICE! I especially like the way the light sabers were used as a frame! Very creative! :thumbsup:

sergiurusu
08-01-2010, 11:04 AM
WOW! NICE! I especially like the way the light sabers were used as a frame! Very creative! :thumbsup:

Thank you :)

jonthejedi
08-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Most impressive! I like how your collection doesn't look cluttered & crowded(like mine)...like so many pictures I've seen.

Jayspawn
08-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Alright, all my photos and posters are packed for Celebration 5! I should have a significant jump on a bunch of projects I'm working on as well as getting to meet lots of new people. Should be a great time.

sergiurusu
08-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Most impressive! I like how your collection doesn't look cluttered & crowded(like mine)...like so many pictures I've seen.

Thanks. I'd like to see your collection :yes:

jonthejedi
08-07-2010, 05:20 AM
My wife's the one with the digital camera. I'll try to get some pix. taken & downloaded.

jonthejedi
08-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Kind of a double post Serg, but here's some of the "bat cave," as my wife refers to it:

jonthejedi
08-08-2010, 06:26 AM
...and some more. Hard not to have my basement/rec room not look cluttered after several decades.

jonthejedi
08-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Basement bigger than it looks:

jonthejedi
08-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Here's some 1/6 scale in my Ikea cases...like you, I love Hot Toys' many lines:

sergiurusu
08-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Great collection and display Jon!!:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I've returned safely from Celebration 5, and good god -did I rank in the autographs! Picked up a ton of photos too. Got my posters and multi-sign projects a heck of a boost.

Jayspawn
08-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Sending off my Mon Calamari multis to be signed by Gerald Home. Just need Sean Crawford and Simon Williamson after that.

Jayspawn
08-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Whilest I was away at the SW Celebration, I recieved 2 TTM successes from Jack Thompson (Cleigg Larrs) and Lawrence Kasdan (Screenwriter). Nice surprise to come home to!

TeeEye7
08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Photos, Jay, photos! :yes:

Jayspawn
09-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Ok, some late pictures of my recent TTM successes with Thompson and Kasdan....

Sending out to CW Director Dave Filoni this week!

TeeEye7
09-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Thank you, sir! :thumbsup:

It's always interesting to me to see the type of photos being autographed!

Jayspawn
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks! Sorry about the slight blurry look of them.

Sent off a request to Jason Wingreen (voice of Boba Fett) as well!

Jayspawn
09-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Well this goes to say that you can never say never in the hobby of Star Wars autograph collecting. If you'll take the time to look outside, you'll notice and cows and pigs can fly because...

Denis Lawson, Wedge Antillies himself has agreed to do an autograph signing. It'll be for 1 day next month in London. Lawson in the past has been strict on NOT signing autographs -especially on Star Wars items. Perhaps this is an attempt to get it out of the way and please fans, but either way, this is HUGE news for Star Wars collectors.

I'm trying to get a few items in on the signing. Fingers crossed :)

2-1B
10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Official Pix is doing a Sale on their extra C5 signed pics...Crumb, Prajji, Burtt, Jaime King, etc were already sold out but I did order the following (priced $10-$12):

1) Cat Taber
2) Julian Glover
3) Nick Gillard
4) Dee Baker (I wanted the sold-out Bossk but settled for Clones)
5) Tim Rose as Ackbar

Back in August I did Wizard World Chicago as usual and got:

1) Admiral Motti (FINALLY, since he cancelled the last few times he was scheduled)
2) Ashley Eckstein (who foolishly doesn't bring Ahsoka 8x10s to sign, luckily my friend who came the next day was able to make some glossy hi-res pics for us to get signed).
3) Jake Llloyd (I got my 11x14 "Shadow" teaser print inscribed with "every saga has a beginning" - my request)
4) Jake's sister was there too, she was in the background of the end celebration and would also sign Jake's pic by her blurry out of focus face in the background.
5) Dan Madsen - how cool is this, he's working for Ashley's company and I spotted him in the crowd, of course I didn't have an old Insider on me and I certainly didn't have a pic of his cameo from TPM...BUT I did ask him to sign a "Her Universe" promo card which I am going to matte along with a screen shot from his appearance in TPM. He was very cool to talk to.

Jayspawn, great call on the Denis Lawson signing...
I did get him years ago TTM (on his non-SW 5x7 pic of course) and just this week I finally ordered the Official Pix 8x10 of Wedge and Han on Endor, so I'm going to matte the non-SW signed pic with that.

Jayspawn
10-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Nice hauls 2-1B! I like it when you can get a bunch of people, in person all at the same event. Just doesnt happen too often for me. My local convention is in April and it maybe has 4 good guests total if we're lucky.

I'm really excited like most people about the Lawson signing. I don't have much more info till closer to the event. Just hope it works out that he goes.

2-1B
10-17-2010, 08:28 PM
It's not SW but I felt like posting here...because I mailed this b&w 8x10 to Heather Langenkamp on 1/5/2006 and I got it back signed last week, more than 4.5 years later!
Plus she signed it in red, along with a movie quote so I thought it was a great success:

Jayspawn
10-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Wattographs October/ November signings have been posted! They are doing a send-in for Denis Lawson aka Wedge Antilles and then private signings with Dan Madsen and Paul Springer! First time autograph signings for both of them. Madsen is the original president of the SW Fan Club and SW Insider magazine and played the Kaadu Handler in "The Phantom Menace." Springer played Ree-Yees in "Return of the Jedi."

Good signings! I'm in!

sergiurusu
10-21-2010, 02:05 AM
I really hope Wattographs to put back their address database soon.

Jayspawn
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Got 2 autographs coming in the mail. Scored a Mark Hamill signed 11x14 from the SWS sale this last weekend. And I'm getting my 1st ever Shelagh Fraser (Aunt Beru!) autograph on an index card. Very excited about both.

sergiurusu
12-13-2010, 02:41 AM
A small envelope waited for me at the old apartment. More than 3 years ago I sent a letter to Dave Dorman asking a few questions about his art. And after a looong time I got this cool marquee

Jayspawn
12-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Got a request back from Dorman as well. Not sure but I think I sent it around 3 years ago. Got a nice index card back w/ remarquee as well. Got R2 on mine.

sergiurusu
12-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Maybe he waited to answer fan mail for a while...

sergiurusu
12-23-2010, 04:02 AM
Colin Michael Kitchens autograph arrived

sergiurusu
01-05-2011, 02:48 AM
A guy that I know has for sale this Terminator 1 Arnold autograph - he got it from his cousin who lives in US. Please is it real? And how much should I offer him? Thanks in advance

Jayspawn
01-13-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't know. I think I've seen pics of better Arnold signatures.

sergiurusu
01-14-2011, 07:01 AM
I already passed on it. I'd rather save my money for something else where is no doubt to be a fake.

sergiurusu
01-21-2011, 03:42 AM
About 3 years ago I sent these 2 photos to Patrick Stewart and I just got them back signed. Talk about waiting, he must have been with Enterprise in space :) , but so glad I got them back

Snowtrooper
05-13-2011, 01:24 AM
I got a couple of Darth Vader pics signed by David Prowse that I ordered off of his website a few weeks ago. I'm very happy to get them since his health isn't the greatest and odds are I'm never going to meet him in person.

sergiurusu
05-14-2011, 04:01 AM
I got a couple of Darth Vader pics signed by David Prowse that I ordered off of his website a few weeks ago. I'm very happy to get them since his health isn't the greatest and odds are I'm never going to meet him in person.

Congrats! :) I have a few pics signed by Dave, he is great!

I know SDS is controversial but the quality of the stuff they make is indisputable good. I got a few things from him, including Stormtrooper armor, Stormtrooper Hero helmet and TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and chest armor. All are signed by Andrew Ainsworth, the guy who pulled the molds back for ANH.

Snowtrooper
05-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Those are some pretty sweet items to have autographed. I checked out the SDS website awhile back to see their prices on various items. Because of the Lucas lawsuit here, they aren't allowed to ship to the USA. If I ever order from them, I'll have to do it through some middleman.

sergiurusu
05-15-2011, 06:03 AM
SDS stuff is great despite the LFL lawsuit. The high quality of the assembly and finishing beats 99% of the fan made armors and helmets out there. Not to mention some of the cool SDS stuff which no one else makes. The way to get items to US is to go through someone in UK.

Snowtrooper
05-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Any sites/people in particular? I'd love to get the TIE Pilot at some point, and nothing would be better than getting it from the guy who made the originals.

I was also wondering if you had to add the Imperial cogs to the TIE helmet. The ones on the SDS site don't have them.

sergiurusu
05-16-2011, 12:51 AM
I think you should see if you have friends in UK. I would help but my paypal has a limit of receiving/sending money (all Eastern European have this restriction) plus it would be best to ship directly from UK. Cogs can be found here: http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/supreme_cogs.html

Snowtrooper
05-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't really know anybody in the UK right now. Hopefully that changes and I can purchase something from SDS at some point.

Thanks for the cog info as well.

sergiurusu
05-17-2011, 01:52 AM
No problem. Glad to help :)

Jayspawn
06-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Celebration 6 announced today. Date & Place. Already planning on going.

I've had my hands full of autograph projects lately. This next week I'll be getting my 1st Sebastian Shaw autograph in the mail, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I'm still deciding on how I want to frame it. I have 3 ideas so far.

sergiurusu
06-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Celebration 6 announced today. Date & Place. Already planning on going.

I've had my hands full of autograph projects lately. This next week I'll be getting my 1st Sebastian Shaw autograph in the mail, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I'm still deciding on how I want to frame it. I have 3 ideas so far.

that would be cool to see.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-04-2011, 10:29 AM
This next week I'll be getting my 1st Sebastian Shaw autograph in the mail, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I'm still deciding on how I want to frame it. I have 3 ideas so far.Put it framed by a mirror, so you can look upon it, with your OWN eyes. Then, put a quote under it that says, "You were RIGHT about me."

Jayspawn
06-14-2011, 05:24 AM
I've been deciding between a Vader or Anakin themed piece and I decided to go with both. I'm working on a layout for a collage piece -not sure how it'll look but I'm playing with ideas atm.

Jayspawn
07-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Alight, Wattographs.com has announced their July autograph signer, Mercedes Ngoh who played Jabba's Dancer Rystall in the Return of the Jedi Special Edition.

I have a few multi-sign pieces that I need her to complete. So I'm excited about this one!

sergiurusu
07-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Paul Huston autograph also arrived, I thought this was long lost in the mail, I sent the letter/photos more than a year ago - and he refunded the $10 I included, plus added a personal note - very cool from his part

sergiurusu
07-09-2011, 06:41 AM
John Dykstra :yes:

Jayspawn
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Received some great TTM successes from John Ratzenberger (Maj. Derlin), Jeremy Bulloch and Rick Baker (Cantina alien creator & makeup legend) this last month.

Wattographs.com is doing a private signing with Garrick Hagon (Biggs) this month. I got some great multi-signed pieces that I need him on.

sergiurusu
08-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Very cool. I slowed down on autographs lately.

sergiurusu
11-21-2011, 01:41 AM
It seems my medical bills are exceeding by a couple thousand dollars what I expected. :sad: Thus I am forced to sell some of my beloved autographs (though I'm keeping the Imperials ones which are my focus). I have the following Ralph McQuarrie autographs on the original portofolio prints (approximate 36cm x 27 cm) I received long ago - some are signed with the full name, some with initials. These are pieces of history. At Propstore of London each of these would go for $260: Prop Store - Ultimate Movie Collectables (http://www.propstore.com/products.htm?keyword=mcquarrie). I helped his wife Joan with something, we coresponded by mail for a while, and thus besides these autographs, I got a photo of him with Joan, plus a unique 1979 sketch (also for sale).

$95 for each plus shipping (shipping in EU should be $5-6, outside EU $9-12, I only send registered airmail with tracking number) - if you get 3 prints or more I'll pay shipping and also the price will be $90 per piece. Please send money by paypal as GIFT or buyer pays paypal fees - paypal fee calculator (http://ppcalc.com)

The original unique McQuarrie sketch print - $150 plus shipping (if you only get this shipping will be less since it is a bit smaller):

sergiurusu
01-03-2012, 03:27 AM
All sold except this:

Jayspawn
01-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Havn't been able to log onto SSG in a ling time, but I'm back finally.

Things are busy on the SW autograph front. Good God, I have so many projects going.

sergiurusu
06-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Brian Muir "In the Shadow of Vader" book with autograph and signed plaque:

C5Jedi
06-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Signed 10x8 photo of Richard Marquand (director of Return Of The Jedi.) - inscribed (my name is on the photo)
One of the really rare autographs in the Star Wars collecting world - not many 8x10's authentically signed by him are out there. I've only heard of two or three total to date (including this one). Sadly he died in 1987, far too young at 49 yrs.
This was signed in France (1984) during production of Until September which Marquand directed. The film Starred Karen Allen.
Great autographed photo that nearly all Star Wars autograph collections are missing.
$2700 shipped in the continental U.S.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/rm1.jpg