PDA

View Full Version : The Official Posters, Photos & Autographs Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jayspawn
06-21-2006, 12:13 PM
I thought I'd restart the old Thread to celebrate my recent throught the mail success.

I recieved an 8x10 photo I sent to Kenneth Colley. It came back to me signed "Ken Colley, Adm Piett". It only took a few weeks to get to the UK and back to the States.

In the last few months I recieved through the mail (TTM in Fanspeak) photos signed by James Earl Jones and Jason Wingreen (orginal voice of Boba Fett).

In poster news, I recieved a Revenge of the Jedi one sheet and appatrently I have the famous Birthday poster on the way to me now. Needless to say I'm pretty excited! :D

2-1B
06-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Well done Jay, I don't have any recent SW TTM (through the mail) success to report but then again I haven't sent any in a long time, either. :) I should go through my list and pull out the SW names...

You know, I just realized I did send a few in the last 4 months or so but none have come back, yet: ILM guys like Don Bies and Rob Coleman, I sent the pics from Vanity Fair. I'm crossing my fingers on those!

The crown jewel of my TTM collection is still definitely Rick McCallum, though. :D

Jayspawn
06-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm sending out to Terrance Stamp and Julian Glover next!

Jayspawn
06-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I recieved the SWS.com exclusive Yoda Fireworks/4th of July Revenge of the Sith One Sheet. I thought it was unique so I picked one up -its a great poster too!

Jayspawn
06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Placed another order w/ Official Pix today for some more photos. Gotta get those TTMs ready. Picked up a few random photos of Captain Needa and Governor Tarkin to hopefully get signed later.

Jayspawn
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm sending out to Terence Stamp (Chancellor Valorum) and Clive Revill (original Emperor from ESB) today.

2-1B
07-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Clive Revill is a lock ! :) I got Stamp too, but I question its authenticity. :confused:

Good luck ! :)

Jayspawn
07-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Clive Revill is a lock ! :) I got Stamp too, but I question its authenticity. :confused:

Stamp is not known for signing Star Wars items, but sending his own instead. But I've seen some real items signed so he must do it sometimes. I have my fingers tightly crossed on that one.

2-1B
07-18-2006, 10:40 PM
My Valorum pic came back signed but I can't tell if it's authentic or not. :confused:

I'll have to pull up a scan...

Jayspawn
07-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I recieved my photo back signed by Julian Glover (General Veers) today. It came nicely inscribed and everything!

2-1B
07-22-2006, 01:30 AM
SWEET, congrats ! I don't believe I ever sent to him, I'll have to get on that. :)

Jayspawn
08-11-2006, 09:15 AM
As a HUGE shock to everyone yesterday, SWS.com sold a VERY limited George Lucas SIGNED Cinema Legends photo. It was $199.99 and limited to just 25!!!

Apparently the picture was of the Flanneled One standing in the Lucasfilm Archives. I didnt get one and havnt seen it yet, ohhhhhh but I can picture it.

I would have bought one in a heartbeat had I now arrived too late. :cross-eye

Note: apparently this was just a hoax. it was started by a cruel member on Rebelscum (it figures).

2-1B
08-11-2006, 10:39 AM
That would be cool but I don't think I could drop two hundy on it.

The other day I received my Watto photo back from Scotland signed by Andy Secombe ! :grin: And get this, in my envelope he put a signed AOTC Widevision card ! :eek: Even cooler, it's not signed in blue like the pack inserted cards but rather in black so it's the authentic card but signed uniquely. Very generous! :)

I'll get a scan up eventually.

wrm1701
08-14-2006, 09:57 PM
I have had two Star Wars posters for about 10 years now. I purchased them from Spencer Gifts. They are the Special Edition posters for A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back with the "coming soon" type release dates on them. The difference? They are LED posters that plug in and light up. (I never found Jedi) I have never seen them on eBay. Does anyone have any idea if they are worth anything?

Thanks

Jayspawn
08-17-2006, 01:50 PM
How big are they? Are the credits on the poster? I've been looking for them for a refrence and found an A New Hope LED poster. Not sure if it goes with the series for not.

Jayspawn
08-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I sent off a photo of Moff Jejerrod to a fellow I know in England whos going to get it signed for me by Michael Pennington at Empire Day this September.

I picked up a few packs of Topps NEW Evolution cards hoping to get lucky with a Christensen or Hamill -not to mention Lucas, Guiness or Cushing.

Jayspawn
08-24-2006, 08:02 PM
This last week I purchased a box and a few random packs of the new Evolution cards. I was able to pull Kit Fisto and Biggs Darklighter autograph cards. So I'm happy but will still collect these for the auto cards until the famous 3 have been found.

*edit: Mark Hamill did not sign in this series.

Jayspawn
08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Stopped by the comic book shop today and randomly bought 2 packs of cards. And wouldnt you know it, I pulled a 2nd Kit Fisto Auto card! HA! I was really hoping for one I didnt have but it sure is better than nothing.

Jayspawn
08-30-2006, 07:12 PM
I was able to score a GREAT ANH cast photo in the mail today...

http://www.ybfree.com/40AMAZING1.jpg

Here's a picture of it (only without the text). One of my favorite pictures! I especially like Leia wearing the ceremonial gown w/ the buns hairstyle. it reminds me of the theatrical posters. I'm saving it to be signed by (I hope) at least Mayhew, Fisher or Hamill.

Blue2th
09-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey, these lenticular 3D posters are up for sale at Star Wars Shop. They look really nice. limited to just 1000 pieces each! I just purchased all three. The Empire Stikes Back is my favorite. Scroll down to see all of them. http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=405503

Jayspawn
09-06-2006, 10:14 AM
They're really cool looking!

I actually passed because they're not that big, and I can get better SW posters for less $. I'm short on space so I have to be particular about wich posters I get now.

Jayspawn
09-07-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm placing another OP order and getting envelopes ready to be sent out for autograph requests. :pleased:

Jayspawn
09-13-2006, 12:23 PM
They're all ready! Im sending out to Michael Culver (Captain Needa), Oliver Ford Davies (Sio Bibble), Michael Carter (Bib Fortuna), Tem Morrison (Jango Fett & Cody), and Ralph McQuarrie. The IRCs are gonna be expensive!

I should have a couple of sealed SW Evolution cards on the way to me now. Looking for more Auto cards.

Jayspawn
09-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Looks like sending off the the UK will have to wait. Looks like IRCs are going up 10 cents within the week. But Tem Morrison and Ralph McQuarrie did get sent off too.

Also opened 3 sealed boxes of Evolution cards and pulled my 3rd Biggs Darklighter (Garrick Haggon), Plo Koon (Matt Sloan), and Barriss Offee (Nalini Krishnan) Auto cards. Not bad pulls, but would still rather pull Pygram, Christensen or a 1/1 Signature card.

2-1B
09-19-2006, 07:35 PM
I've never used IRCs in all of my overseas attempts...I just tossed in a few American dollars and I have a pretty good success rate. :) Alan Harris even returned my money, I thought that was EXTREMELY kind of him. :)

Jayspawn
09-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I still need to send out to him. I think he'll be in the next batch.

Jayspawn
09-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Got back my 1st through the mail failure. I recieved my photo from Terence Stamp back today with an enclosed note that said I'm afraid Terence doesnt sign Star Wars merchandise or pictures.

I figured I'd get it back but worth the try. He's not known for signing Star Wars items. But at least I got my picture back!

2-1B
09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I didn't think my Stamp was authentic...your results lead me to believe it even more. :(

Jayspawn
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I may try sending a General Zod photo from Superman II.

I did send out to Michael Carter (Bib Fortuna) today. I've heard of good successes with him.

Jayspawn
09-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Made an early trip to the post office, sent out to Nalini Krishan, Michael Culver and Oliver Ford Davies.

dindae
09-29-2006, 09:00 AM
So who all do you have so far Jayspawn? I like to get autographs but only if I can actually meet them. My favorites are the people who are into meeting their fans and interacting with them like Ray Park and the Jabba puppeteers.

Jayspawn
09-29-2006, 05:41 PM
My favorites are from the people I've met in person.

Who all do I have? Lets see, I'll do my best to recall....

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Ewan McGregor, Anthony Daniels, Christopher Lee, Ray Park, James Earl Jones, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, Warwick Davis, Ahmed Best, Pernilla August, Christine Hewitt, Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan, Zach Jensen, Jesse Jensen, Garrick Haggon, Nalini Krishan, Leeanna Walsman, Jay Laga'aia, Bonnie Piesse, Phil Brown, Alan Ruscoe, Jerome Blake, Matt Sloan, Bodie Taylor, Amy Allen, Sandi Finlay, Paul Blake, Femi Taylor, Mary Oyaya, Orli Shoshan, Julian Glover, Kenneth Colley, Ralph Brown, Michonne Bourraigue, Richard LeParmentier, Paul Blake, Michael Sheard, Ian Liston, Jason Wingreen, Caroline Blankiston, and Barrie Holland.

dindae
09-29-2006, 09:56 PM
yeah I have a lot of the same names since they are common con signers although I would like to get Mark Hamill, Ewan McGregor, Anthony Daniels, Christopher Lee, and James Earl Jones. I found out that Anthony Daniels was going to be at Dragon Con in Atlanta the week of the con. I thought breifly of driving down but they had a disclaimer that the guests were not required to sign and didn't have any information on whether he would. Most of mine came from Celebration 2 and 3. It was close and I was able to pick up a good amount for the trip. I was hoping to pick up some more at Celebration 4 but LA is a long haul for one or two autgraphs (which was probably the highlight of both cons for me).

Jayspawn
10-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Recieved a nice b&w promotional photo in the mail today signed by Dave Prowse. It has Dave on one side, Vader on the other. Measures about 4x8.

DarkArtist
10-09-2006, 11:53 AM
my wife for our anniversary bought me a cool collectible from HSN. It's all six movie posters with a frame cell under each from the movies. And she got a low number as well I think they were a run of 500 and she got #14.

dindae
10-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Recieved a nice b&w promotional photo in the mail today signed by Dave Prowse. It has Dave on one side, Vader on the other. Measures about 4x8.

I have two photos like that from when I was a kid. One is C-3PO/Daniels and one is Chewbacca/Mayhew. The head shot of the actors were from the 70's and histerical to look at now. Mayhew has short hair and a big bushy mustache. Neither are signed but they are probably the most unique items I have in my collection.

Jayspawn
10-10-2006, 11:32 AM
I have two photos like that from when I was a kid. One is C-3PO/Daniels and one is Chewbacca/Mayhew. The head shot of the actors were from the 70's and histerical to look at now. Mayhew has short hair and a big bushy mustache. Neither are signed but they are probably the most unique items I have in my collection.

Oh cool! And there s a blank space in between the pictures for signing isnt there? I wouldnt mind having the Mayhew or Daniels either. Might have to track those down.

Signing Opportunity
Gary and Scott over at Wattographs.com are hosting a private signing with Michael Pennington, Moff Jejerrod from Return of the Jedi. Michael does not make many appearances, nor signs that often. I'm definatly in! Follow the link for more info....

http://wattographs.com/privatesignings/michaelpenningtonsigning.html

Jayspawn
10-11-2006, 02:17 PM
2 more TTM successes today! (sort of)

- recieved my 8x10 photo back signed from Michael Culver (Captain Needa). It came inscribed and as an added bonus, the return envelope's custom's sticker is signed by him as well! Ha!

- and in the mail also was my 8x10 of Jango Fett and Evolution card. Both came back signed however each is a secretarial. Still a success but totally not the real-deal. I'm keeping it as a token.

- I ordered a sealed case of SW Evolution cards a few days ago. Should have worlds of better luck getting a big pull. :twisted:

Jayspawn
10-18-2006, 02:51 PM
And 2 MORE successes as well as some so/so Topps sucesess...

- recieved my photo back from Oliver Ford Davies (Sio Bibble). It came signed in silver and personalized.

- recieved my artwork cards signed by Ralph McQuarrie. These were the 5x7cards included with Theatrical version DVDs bought at Target. All 3 came back signed R.M.Q.

But as a disapointment, I recieved a sealed case of Topps SW Evolution cards. And mainly pulled autograph cards of ones I already had....

x3 Biggs Darklighter (already had 4 of them)
x2 Tarrful (didnt have his yet)
x1 Sly Moore
x1 Asaee Tiin (already had)
x1 Barriss Offee (already had)

I figured with a sealed case I couldnt go wrong and pull a somewhat/major auto cards. Very dissapointing.

dindae
10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah I found that with the CCGs if I wanted a complete set it was easier to buy a few boxes to get the basic set and a few lucky draws. Then pick up the ones I missed off ebay. Nothing worse than blowing a whole lot of money on some boxes of cards to get nothing. Of course the 1/1 cards in this series mean that only one person will ever have a complete set. Talk about crappy. I'm so glad I don't collect CCG now. I spend so much money on a game I never played. :crazed:

Jayspawn
10-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Here's a heck of a deal. OfficialPix has secured a private signing with none other than Samuel L. Jackson! The preorder is only live for a few more days so act quickly!

The signing involves free personalization and they have a selection of 4 photos to choose from. Each signature runs $129.99. A little steep but it IS a legitimate autograph from a major Star Wars and movie actor.

Check out http://OfficialPix.com

Jayspawn
10-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Looks like the signing with Jackson is now CLOSED! But...

They are doing 2 Clone Wars signings with -

Grey DeLisle (voice of Padme, Shakk Ti, Adi Gallia and Ventress) and
Tom Kane (voice of Yoda)

They have several photos available to choose from and free personalization!

In other news, Wattographs.com will be doing a signing with Chris Parsons, 4-LOM from The Empire Strikes Back. But not yet! Its coming up.

C5Jedi
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
That poster signing that Harrison Ford did with coolwaterprods.com (who set up the Master Replicas signature) is up now and they are being sold. Going fast too. I was lucky to get the original signed Raiders poster before they sold out of that one (they only had three to begin with) - still some SW posters left.

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Aahhh... you got in on that ey C5Jedi?

I'm tempted. There's a few SW posters left and I want one badly! BUT, I'm trying to hold out for OfficialPix to do a Ford signing. I'll most likely be cheaper and on a good photo (I'd rather have a signed photo than poster).

Jayspawn
11-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Placed an order with OfficialPix today for some photos. Getting some TTMs ready to be sent out. Should have everything ready when the package arrives in a few days.

dindae
11-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Who's up this round?

2-1B
11-04-2006, 09:37 AM
I would also opt for a signed 8x10 over anything else...some people love getting DVDs signed but that's not really my thing. I certainly do have some though, and they are cool, but 8x10s are my favorite.

Jayspawn
11-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Up this round..... Alan Harris (Bossk), Kenny Baker (R2) and Peter Geddis (Captain Antillies).

dindae
11-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't know about the other two but I would imagine that Kenny will send you one back. The Baker's are good people. While I was getting autographs at CII my girlfriend was walking around. Mrs. Baker waved her over and asked her if she could tell if one of the other Con attendees was a "bloke or a lady". Afterwards she had her sit down with them and they talked for a few hours while Kenny signed autographs. Ironically they capped his line before I could get in it so I didn't get his autograph until I went to Gencon the next year.

2-1B
11-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Alan Harris is one of the coolest TTM successes I ever had ! ! ! The man is truly, truly generous! I had this great 8x10 but didn't want to risk losing it since I didn't know what my odds of success were...so I sent my won crappy copy of it. Well, he kept that one and sent me a nice glossy version of his own, the exact same pic but high quality, plus this really big 9x12 (?) panaramic shot of the bounty hunters on the Executor.

Class act all the way ! ! !

Jayspawn
11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks Caesar! I have a great photo of the Bounty Hunters from ESB I'm sending but I'm sending it off to Chris Parsons (4-LOM) first through Wattographs to get signed first. After Parsons and Harris I plan on sending it to Jeremy Bulloch for the final signature. Nobody played IG-88 and sadly the fellow who played Dengar passed away. Nobdy has heard from Cathy Monroe who played Zuckuss either.

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 09:47 PM
I ended up sending out to Shannon McRandle (Mara Jade) today. Should be a quick TTM. So we'll see. Never got around to getting her signature though I've had several chances.

2-1B
11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't remember if I posted these in the other thread but here are the Bossk pics I was sent by the very generous Mr. Harris. First is an 8x10 and the second is bigger than that, I couldn't even fit it all in my scanner so the ends got cut off of the pic. Cool stuff !

Jayspawn
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Those are great Caesar! I cant wait to send out to him too.

Jayspawn
11-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Finally got my photos from OfficialPix. They actually sent me the wrong Slave Leia photo, but thats ok. They sent me a good one just not the one I ordered. Oh well, this gives me an excuse to place another order and use the discount code they just gave out.

Jayspawn
11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Woohoo! Got my autograph request back from Shannon McRandle (Mara Jade) today. I sent her a letter, $15 check and SASE to her (via her website) and recieved the requested photo signed to me as well as a 2nd photo of herself signed "Jay Thanks- Best wishes! XO Shannon" Very pleased. It took just over a week too!

Recieved my latest photos from OfficialPix today. They sent me the wrong photo of Slave Leia. Its still a great photo so I decided to hold onto it. I'm gonna place another photo order anyways so I'll just get another.

I sent a photo and tradig card to Kenny Baker today. Since he frequents the USA, I sent $ instead of IRCs for return postage.

Jayspawn
11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Big news! Autograph and Star Wars related!

As it turns out, Catherine (Cathy) Monroe who played Zuckuss in The Empire Strikes Back -is ALIVE!

I had read both that she was dead (it was common knowledge that she was) or that she was one of the many Star Wars actors to dissapear, never to be seen or heard from again.

Go figure. Anyways, she appearing at Empire Day in the UK. Not sure where she came from. I'm curious to find out. Huh.

Jayspawn
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Today is a landmark day in the Universe of Star Wars news!

OfficialPix has been able to secure a signing with non other than Ian McDiarmid, The Emperor himself!

There are (or were) 3 pieces available. 2 from ROTJ and 1 from ROTS. They are (or were) priced at $229.99 and $169.99.

I am actually passing on this signing for 2 reasons. 1, the price. A little steep and just a little more than I'm willing to spend at this point. 2, I'm already involved in 7 private signings now, not counting TTMs and my wallet is about to catch on fire.

But, he is a VERY RARE signer and this is truely a remarkable feat getting him to do a signing. If OfficialPix offered a 2nd signing with McDiarmid I'd take it!

2-1B
11-27-2006, 06:41 PM
That's true, he is a very rare signer of SW merch because from what I've read, he'll sign your playbill in London after a show but he doesn't like to sign Star Wars.

jonthejedi
12-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Received my Sam Jackson autograph photo in the mail today from Official Pix...nice surprise on top of finding Saga #53-62!

Jayspawn
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Glad you got in on the signing too jonthejedi! Which photo did you get?

I recieved another order of photos from OfficialPix. One of Slave Leia to be signed later, another of C-3PO to be signed later and another of Boba Fett to be sent to Jeremy Bulloch. I think I'm gonna send him a trading card also. I'm torn between the Evolution and Evolution Update cards. They both look great!

I also decided to try sending out to Terence Stamp again. This time I'm gonna send a General Zod photo from Superman II.

Jayspawn
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Got a very nice email directly from Mercedes Nogh (Rystall, Jabba's Dancer). I ordered a signed photo from her site (only $15 shipped). Anyway she chatted and also asked if I wanted the photo personalized. Very sweet girl. I sent her a nice email back.

2-1B
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I saw her at a show back in September and she was very nice.

Congrats, Jay. :)

jonthejedi
12-09-2006, 03:10 AM
Jayspawn...I picked the posed studio shot of Sam Jackson wielding the lightsaber(I forget the #). I really wanted Ian McD...but that's too rich for my blood right now with Holiday shopping & bills. I might go that high for Ewan or Natalie. Most of the Offical Pix photos I select are the studio publicity shots(8x10). I love them for the costume detail, etc. Ironically...my autographs of Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee, James Earl Jones & John Williams are on black & white presskit stills I collected in the 70's & 80's.

Jayspawn
12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I got the same Studio photo of Jackson. I also collect (mostly) studio photos to get signed. The timing wasnt right for the McDiarmid signing so I passed as well. If they offer another signing I'll probably get into it.

Today I recieved my autograph package from Alan Harris! He signed my OfficialPix photo and Evolution trading card I sent him. Very, very happy.

Jayspawn
12-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Yesterday I recieved my Tom Kane signed photo from OfficialPix! Tom does the voice of Yoda in Clone Wars. He signed "To Jay, Yes! Stong are you in the Force! -Tom Kane" It looks great! I hope OP does more signings with the lead voice talent. I'd love to get matching pieces of Anakin, Grievous, Dooku, Obi-Wan and Mace.

Jayspawn
12-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Just a heads up, Wattographs is going to have a signing with Ben Cooke, Kit Fisto in Revenge of the Sith!!!

Ben is an uncommon signer, and Gary and Scott will have a good deal for the signing. I'll post a link to the signing when its available.

I'm definatly getting in on this one!

Jayspawn
12-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Here it is! Wattographs signing with Ben Cooke!

http://wattographs.com/privatesignings/bencookesigning.html

I'm in on this signing, I highly recommend it! Why? Because Kit is awesome!

Jayspawn
12-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I recieved my Clone Wars Grey Delisle signed photo in the mail today from OP. She wrote "Jay- Best Wishes! Grey Delisle".

jonthejedi
01-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I got my wish! Offical Pix(thank you, Ben) got Ian McD. to sign two more 8x10 shots(they're up for purchase, NOW). I missed out the first time around, so I made sure to grab one this time. The previous plaques & ROTJ 8x10 are sold out. Both these new shots are from ROTS(1 is studio shot w/lightsaber; the other image blowup from actual frame). Just an F.Y.I.

Jayspawn
01-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I got myself an Ian McDiarmid as well. I immediatly bought the ROTS Studio photo. I saw that and caved immediatly. After that, I realized they were $$ more for a signed photo then they were the last time! I have a little remourse now, but I'm sure I'll feel better after I get it.

Jayspawn
01-03-2007, 03:44 PM
- at least they are in stock and we should get ours shortly.

C5Jedi
01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Aahhh... you got in on that ey C5Jedi?

I'm tempted. There's a few SW posters left and I want one badly! BUT, I'm trying to hold out for OfficialPix to do a Ford signing. I'll most likely be cheaper and on a good photo (I'd rather have a signed photo than poster).

Received it a few weeks ago and framed it. Here it is :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
01-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Looks great C5Jedi! I'm gonna hold off for now indefinatly. The recent McDiarmid availability pushed that off.

Jayspawn
01-07-2007, 10:37 AM
OfficialPix has updated their website for upcoming conventions including Celebration IV: Guests TBA soon!

They started announcing guests about his time before CIII, so we should be hearing something.

dindae
01-08-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm kinda mixed on how I want that to turn out. Part of me wants a lot of people I have never seen so I can go out and get them in one swoop. The other side of mean hopes no one is out there since I really don't need to spend that kind of money.

jonthejedi
01-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Received my Ian McD. autograph from OfficalPix yesterday. Overall, I am not that pleased. Granted, the man's signature is what it is...but they could have given him a finer point sharpie to sign with. It looks more smeared than anything...and for $200 plus dollars...it just wasn't worth it(I even had to cancel some Sideshow goodies to afford it. That, mixed with the fact they raised his 8x10 price from $169 leaves me a little dismayed. I wish other A-list SW actors had the penmenship of Samuel L. Jackson. I sprung for it primarily because he doesn't do shows & lives in England, making his a hard autograph to attain.

Jayspawn
01-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Thats a lot of my reasons too jonthejedi. They should have given him a finer point pen to sign with. I went for it because I wouldnt get around to it if I didnt. I'm not wild about the price either -shouldnt have been that high BUT its a very hard signature to get so for that reason I'm happy.

jonthejedi
01-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Right there with you! I hope they get Harrison, who's loosened up quite a bit about autographs. I think the only way we're going to see Ewan or Natalie is if OfficialPix charges an astro. amount, and part of the proceeds go to the actor's favorite charity. That was the only way Halcyon Models got Sigourny Weaver's approval to use her likeness on the power loader model. Part of each sale went to her gorilla fund.

Jayspawn
01-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I already have Ewan's but if OP was able to pulloff a signing I'd probably still get in. Dont have Natalie's yet but I'd get in on that too if OP were able to get it.

Jayspawn
01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Another update from OfficialPix. They will be announcing details on their CIV Autograph Program. They had a pretty good one for CIII, which I didnt get in on, but I will this time since my autobudget is going up some.

Jayspawn
01-19-2007, 10:54 AM
OfficialPix is doing a signing with James Arnold Taylor, the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Wars. They have 3 images to choose from running $29.99.

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=56

I'm getting in of course. I like the 3rd photo the best. Hope they are able to get some more signings with these guys this year.

Jayspawn
01-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Just got an email from Autographabilia that my Michael Pennington (Moff Jerjerrod) has shipped. I got in on the signing in September '06.

Jayspawn
01-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I ordered a couple of ESB photos from another site. Plan on sending them to Kershner to get signed.

Jayspawn
01-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Sent out to Dalyn Chew (Lyn Me) today. Also getting a TTM ready for Lorne Peterson.

Jayspawn
01-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Placed a big order with OP, I decided to send out to Michael Pennington (Moff Jejerrod) as well. I picked up a photo of Nick Gillard as well, in case he's at CIV and I can get him to sign it in person.

Jayspawn
01-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Recieved my TTM back from Kenny Baker yesterday! He signed the photo and Evolutions trading card that I sent him.

Jayspawn
02-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Got back my photo from Autographabilia back today signed by Michael Pennington (Moff Jejerrod). I sent in for the signing back in October (I think) so I've been waiting a while on this one.

Jayspawn
02-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Got back my TTM from Warwick Davis yesterday. He signed the photo and Evolutions card I sent him. He also included a typed letter informing me of his website. The letter was also personally signed. 3 for 2! Not bad at all!

In other news, some Celebration IV news! While OfficialPix has not officially confirmed their appearance it looks like Dave Prowse (Darth Vader), Amy Allen (Aayla Secura), and Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee) have confirmed via their websites they they will be attending. Woohoo!!!

SithM3
02-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Awesome thread Jayspawn!

I'd like to start doing this with my 2 sons- We just sent off a VOTC figure to Peter Mayhew to get autographed. Everyday they sprint to the mailbox to see if it has arrived back yet! (it was sent three days ago!!)

Is there a main address list for the SW actors to send to?

Thanks!

Jayspawn
02-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Thank you SithM3! Welcome to the boards! SW Autographs is one of my specialties so I post whatever I'm up to right here -easy and accessible.

I recommend a GREAT website called Wattographs.com. Its run by a great bunch of guys. They have a store, forums, and a Database of a LOT of mailing address for Star Wars actors, artists, crew etc. I get my addresses from them. The Forums and Database are down at the moment for upgrading but should be back up hopefully within the next week. If you subscribe to the database for addresses -it is kindly expected that you submit your successes/failures (they both happen).

If you have any questions, news, or anything please post em or email me anytime. I drop any current signing opportunities here.

Jayspawn
02-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Woohoo! Finally the 1st wave of Guests for Celebration IV has been announced! The following are the first....

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)
Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
Lightning Bear (ROTJ Biker Scout/ Stormtroopers) *1st US appearance!
Paul Blake (Greedo)
Richard Bonehill (ESB Snowtrooper/ Stormtrooper)
Mike Carter (Bib Fortuna)
Mike Edmonds (Logray/ Ugnaughts)
Garrick Haggon (Biggs Darklighter)
Gerald Home (Tessek the Quarren & Mon Calamari Officer)
Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti)
Tim Rose (Sy Snootles & Admiral Ackbar)

Impressive 1st list. There will be several more lists of guests added so this is gonna get good! They've also said that there will be authors, artists, and various people from the television shows (Clone Wars I hope).

Jayspawn
02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Today I recieved my TTM from Jeremy Bulloch! He signed the photo and trading card and even wrote a nice letter. The return envelope was also signed so that 4 for 2!

More C4 Guest announcements coming in the next week or so.

jonthejedi
02-22-2007, 03:19 AM
So far I'm not blown away by the 1st list. As a non-attendee who already has autographs from the best from that list...I'm not missing anything & saving alot of $$$ by not going. I'll wait for these shows to return to Indy.

Jayspawn
02-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear that jonthejedi. They probably wont return to Indy.

Some people seem to think that this is about as good as its going to get. Sorry, this is just the tip of the iceberg. The list is gonna be twice as long!

I'd be a fool to miss it for sure. Already more than glad I'm going.

Jayspawn
02-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Part 2 of Celebration IV autograph guests has been announced!

Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
John Coppinger (Jabba Puppeteer, Horox Ryyder and Senator Yarua in TPM)
Barrie Holland (Lieutenant Renz in ROTJ)
Ian Liston (Wes Janson, AT-AT Driver)
George Roubicek (Commander Praji in ANH)
Simon Williamson (Max Rebo, Gamorrean Guard, Mon Calamari Officer)

There's going to be another announcement this next week, maybe Wednesday!

jonthejedi
02-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Again, I have the best of this list(between CI, II & III & SW Weekends). I even met A. Daniels & shook his end in Denver during the downpour that was CI. I just can't justify all the $$$ to go to LA.

Jayspawn
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Here's round 3 of Guests at Celebration IV!.....

Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)
Sean Crawford (Yak Face and Mon Calamari officer)
Tim Dry (J'Quille (Whiphid) and Mon Calamari Officer)
Rusty Goff (Kabe, Jawa, Gonk)
Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee)
Shannon McRandle (Mara Jade model)
Rena Owen (Taun We, Senator Nee Alavar)
Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli)
Ray Park (Darth Maul)
Bonnie Piesse (Beru Lars)
Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti)
Bruce Spence (Tion Medon)
Femi Taylor (Oola)

2-1B
03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Sean Crawford and Tim Dry didn't have 8x10 photos when I saw them a few years back, just FYI...they had these weird 9x11 or 9x12 deals going on.

That was at a small show though, so I'm sure that for C4 there will be official 8x10s there for the purchase. :)

Jayspawn
03-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Of course there will be. Here's a link to what the official pictures will look something like....

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Photos.html

The complete photo selection will be shown in a few weeks. There will also be select photos which you can get multiple signatures on. Cant wait to see them!

C5Jedi
03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Of course there will be. Here's a link to what the official pictures will look something like....

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Photos.html

The complete photo selection will be shown in a few weeks. There will also be select photos which you can get multiple signatures on. Cant wait to see them!

I just hope OP offers some behind the scene pics this year - long overdue. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
03-07-2007, 10:32 AM
That would be nice to see.

The next CIV Guest Update is rumored to be this friday. If the sources are correct, there could be 7 MORE guest updates!

Jayspawn
03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Just 3 unfortunatly...

Daniel Logan (Boba Fett)
Jeremy Bulloch (Captain Coulton, Boba Fett)
Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett, voice of Boba on the DVD)

Jayspawn
03-11-2007, 11:05 AM
If anyone is interested, my local convention is this April 20-22nd

From Star Wars they have Ray Park and Daniel Logan attending. If anyone needs anything signed -drop me a line. Here's the link if you need additional info...

http://starland.com/sf-sc/

Jayspawn
03-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Got my TTM back from Lorne Peterson today. He signed a photo of the Millennium Falcon I sent. I wasnt wild about the picture but it looks MUCH better with his signature on it.

C5Jedi
03-19-2007, 03:43 AM
Got my TTM back from Lorne Peterson today. He signed a photo of the Millennium Falcon I sent. I wasnt wild about the picture but it looks MUCH better with his signature on it.

:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Got another TTM in the mail yesterday. This time from Erik Bauersfeld, the voice of Bib Fortuna and Admiral Ackbar. He signed 2 trading cards, a small photo of Ackbar and wrote me a nice note.

Jayspawn
03-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Looks like Topps has a round of 30th Anniversary cards on tap for this year. There will be both retail and hobby versions available. The hobby sets will include sketch and autograph cards! Woohoo!

Jayspawn
03-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Good autograph week for me! I recieved my items back from the Wattographs signings with Tux (Agen Kolar) and Chris Parsons (4-LOM). I got a photo and trading card signed by Tux and a photo from Parsons. They look great!

Also recieved my Clone Wars photo back from the OfficialPix signing with James Arnold Taylor (the voice of Obi-Wan).

I should really post pictures.

FYI..

Wattographs will be doing another signing this next week w/ another Episode III Jedi. Its probably going to be Kenji Oates (Sasee Tiin)

OfficialPix has another Clone Wars signing comig up also. Its gonna be with Matt Lucas (Anakin Skywalker).

Jayspawn
03-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Another guest announcement tonight! This time, 12 additions!

Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
Jerome Blake (Rune Haako, TPM Mas Ammeda, Opo Ranciss, etc)
Grey DeLisle (voice of Padme, Asajj Ventress, etc in Clone Wars)
Colin Higgins (Wedge from the Briefing Room scene)
Alan Ruscoe (Plo Koon, TPM Bib Fortuna)
Matthew Wood (General Grievous)
Mike Kingma (Tarfful)
Dermot Crowley (Genral Madine)
and Ewoks Kevin Thompson, Debbie Carrington, Felix Sillia, Margo Schellhorn.

Theres at least 3 Guests of Honor (Headliners) still to be named. And maybe some random additions! This keeps getting better and better.

Jayspawn
04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
I recieved a great looking AOTC photo signed by Christopher Lee in the mail. It my 2nd signed Lee item so I'm prety excited about it.

BTW, here is the link to the Wattographs private signing with Kenji Oates, Sasee Tiin in Revenge of the Sith!

http://www.wattographs.com/privatesignings/kenjioatessigning.html

Jayspawn
04-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Theres gonna be another CIV Guest announcement tonight! 5 more names!

Jayspawn
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Just added to the CIV Guest List...

Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker)
Tom Kane (Voice of Yoda in Clone Wars)
Kenneth Colley (Admiral Piette)
Nina Fallon (Stass Allie)
Anthony Forrest (Fixer, Stormtrooper in ANH)

Jayspawn
04-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Here's some NEW Autograph/Trading card news. TOPPS 2007 30th Anniversary cards are coming out in June (yes, a little late).

Click the link below for details. They got some great signers -ALL A New Hope actors. Looks like I'll be collecting these as well....

http://scoundrelpublishing.com/spart/viewtopic.php?t=2203

Jayspawn
04-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Wow! A supprise round of new Celebration IV guests has also been announced....

Mat Lucas (Anakin Skywalker in Clone Wars)
Julian Glover (Gen. Veers) aso Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Howie Weed (The Wampa)
Jach Jensen (Kit Fisto in AOTC)
Andy Secombe (Watto)

Great additions to the list. Theres still 3 Guests of Honor pending also.

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:07 PM
hey all,

just wanted to say that i have been making custom star wars badges for star wars celebration iv, celebration europe and star wars weekends. they are cool for the celebrations because they have a cutom picture on the front, and a pocket in the back to hold your OFFICIAL badge once you get to the event.

I charge $5.00 + shipping and do give discounts for purchases for 5 or more.

talk to you soon.

lornebcook@yahoo.com

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
this is what the badges i sell look like....

-lorne

lornebcook@yahoo.com

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
anyone going to celebration 4?

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
i have written john coppinger/jabba...where can i get good addresses for other stars?

lornebcook@yahoo.com

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
i have an idea billy dee will be showing up at the event...what about you guys>?

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
i heard mark hamill might be coming, but dont know if that was just a rumor...anyone know?

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
i had received a post card from ken colley in feb that he would be attending the event. thought that was cool. firsthand knowledge...

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
where can i write to greg proops?

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
ive written to toby philpott as well

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
i got lucky and have met christian simpson before

lornebcook
04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/92/96/8691_0.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330104620038&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting)

this is an example of what my badges look like...

http://i19.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/93/c5/5c51_1.JPG

jonthejedi
04-24-2007, 12:54 PM
jayspawn...I left you a pm.

Jayspawn
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks, I got it Jon.

lornebcook, Billy Dee will probably be there -but odd that they've not announced him yet. So we'll see. I know hes working on some stuff now.

Jayspawn
05-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Wow! Big news! Turns out that Topps got Harrison Ford to sign in the next trading card series! Not sure what the ratio of his card is yet but its definatly a good pull.

Anyway, I'm collecting the series now for sure.

jonthejedi
05-10-2007, 04:44 AM
Jayspawn, you have a PM.

Jayspawn
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Alright! The Celebration is just a few days away!

I have to admit that my overall excitement is pretty high right now.

Jayspawn
06-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Alright, its been a while since I've posted. I've picked up several dozen autographs since the last post.

1st, pulled Richard LeParmienter (Adm. Motti) Garrick Haggon (Biggs) and Zach Jensen (Kit Fistco) autograph cards from SW Evolution sealed boxes. Didnt have the Motti card yet so thats nice.

Also: recieved some great autographs in the mail from Keira Knightly and Ewan McGregor.

And last but not least Celebration IV! WOW! Met tons of stars and got most everyone's autographs. Here what I ended up with....Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Jake Lloyd, Richard Bonehill, Jeremy Bulloch, Michael Carter, Kenneth Colley, John Coppinger, Dermot Crowley, Grey DeLisle, Nina Fallon, Anthony Forrest, Julian Glover, Garrick Haggon, Colin Higgins, Gerald Home, Zach Jensen, Tom Kane, Nalini Krishan, Ian Liston, Mat Lucas, Shannon McRandle, Tem Morrison, Rena Owen, Mary Oyaya, Ray Park, Bonnie Piesse, Tim Rose, Alan Ruscoe, George Roubicek, Andy Secombe, Orli Shoshan, Bruce Spence, Howie Weed, Matthew Wood, Dan Madsen, Steve Sansweet and Drew Struzan*

*I got Drew to sign my SW Style D poster. I later got a FREE ANH Speical Editon poster signed.

Jayspawn
07-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Today I sent out to Garrick Hagon and Corey Burton.

I sent Hagon a few Deleted Scene photos which I'm hoping to do multi signs of him, Anthony Forrest, Koo Stark and Mark Hamill.

And to Corey Burton I sent a photo of multiple Clone Wars characters, hoping tho get this one multi-signed too and a sketch of Count Dooku I did. Fingers crossed on this one.

Jayspawn
07-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Woah! Wattographs was able to pull off an incredible deal by securing a signing with composer John Williams! The openings they had are closed now but its very unpresidented to have the Academy Award Winning composer sign ANYTHING!

I dont have his signature yet but I got in on it. And the actual signing is supposed to take place in September. So I'm pretty stoked.

DTMAN
07-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, Official Pix will offer more Behind the Scenes sets as mentioned on the blog on July 20.

The CIV set for AHN was great! They plan to do sets for each classic film.
Can't wait to see what else they have.
Thank you.

Jayspawn
07-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Agreed, its a very nice set with some great images An ESB or ROTJ set would be cool too. I wouldnt mind seeing Prequel sets either.

Ben Stevens said he was going to add more images to the catalogue this fall also. Cant wiat to see what he's working on! I had a few suggestions for him at CIV.

Jayspawn
07-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Today I'm sending out to Richard Bonehill, James Earl Jones and Don Bies! :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
I sent to Don Bies about 2 years ago, never got anything back. JEJ came through, dunno if it's real but he said in the ESB 20th anniv Insider that he answers mail, so I have some faith. :)

Who is Bonehill ?

Jayspawn
08-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Richard Bonehill played various Snowtroopers and Stormtroopers in EBS. He also played Rebel Soldiers on Hoth too. He's got some great on-set pictures on his website as well.

Jayspawn
08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Heads up! OfficialPix is having a HUGE sale over the month of August! Right now theres 2 pages of awesome deals -picked up a few of course. Great chance to get some great photos, as well as some CIII or CIV you may have missed. Check out the link....

http://web.mac.com/benstevens3/iWeb/OPX-Blog/Office-Sale.html

Jayspawn
08-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Score! I pulled a Lorne Peterson Autograph card from the new Topps 30th Anniversary series! Here's a picture...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15819&d=1186171920

sergiurusu
08-06-2007, 04:41 AM
My first SW autograph: Celebration Europe Dave Prowse Darth Vader autograph. Pretty cool, I'll try photo framing it at a professional studio.

Jayspawn
08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Nice one sergiurusu! Did you go to Celebration Europe?

I had some great success this week TTM. Hugh Quarshie, Peter Sumner and Phil Tippett. I'll try to get some pics posted later this week.

Jayspawn
08-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeeaah! I recieved my photo and widevision trading card SIGNED from the latest Wattographs signing with Kenji Oates -Sasee Tiin in Revenge of the Sith!

sergiurusu
08-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Nice one sergiurusu! Did you go to Celebration Europe?

Carina, a friend of mine, went there and got me this. Now I have it phot-framed

Sergiu

Jayspawn
08-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Looks like a nice display in the works there! Now you need to get some more to go alond with that Vader!

sergiurusu
08-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Thanks. But I'm not an autograph collector. As for the display it might change soon sice I intend to move - and I'm so afraid about moving my collection (Action Fleet, Kotos, RAH's etc.)

Jayspawn
08-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Recieved my autograph package from James Earl Jones! AND in just 2 weeks! Last time it took like 4-5 months! Guess my TTM landed on his desk right when he was home.

aeneas89
08-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm getting married in two weeks and my fiance gave me my wedding gift this morning - a mint, original STAR WARS three sheet. the gallery owner in L.A. did an amazing job pressing and framing it.

sergiurusu
08-26-2007, 04:38 AM
That looks GREAT!:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
08-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Congrats aeneas89! Nice gift -she's definatly a keeper!!!

aeneas89
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Congrats aeneas89! Nice gift -she's definatly a keeper!!!

thx, bro. she certainly is (even before the 3 sheet). Not to be greedy but maybe an ESB poster is coming for the anniversary.

:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
08-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Woohoo! Great success yesterday! Got a Evolutions trading card back signed by Jimmy Smits! I sent him 2 cards but got 1 back signed -just fine with me.

Jayspawn
08-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Just a heads up: OfficialPix has landed a signing with Mr. Mark Hamill! Details over at http://OfficialPix.com Next week they are putting up an option to send in personal items for signing. NOW, the rub is the cost o $149.99 per signature.

BUT, he IS Luke Skywalker. Personally I think its a little high but I have this theory that he will only get MORE expensive. He is making less appearances and signings.

Unfortunatly for me, I have a few multi-signed items that DO need his autograph so I'm stuck with no choice.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Since this is apparently a poster thread . . . has anyone else seen the sweet-lookin' Sith Circus poster in the latest Insider? It's done in the style of the original 1978 Style D "Circus" poster, but of course with ROTS graphics. StarWarsShop will apparently be selling them in a set together (though it's not currently on there), and I've wanted the ANH one for a while, so I'll definitely be getting both!

Jayspawn
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I've seen that poster as well. I have the original signed by Drew Struzan. The new ROTS Circus poster is done by Matt Busch. Cant wait for it! I'm definatly getting one.

pmkane
09-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey guys . . . glad you're digging the new Sith Circus poster . . . I am lucky enough to have been commissioned to do all the type design on it . . . to say it was a dream come true is a massive understatement!

I've worked with Matt Busch for over 10 years as his web designer and have even created all the lightsaber effects for his "You Can Draw Star Wars" web tutorials.

What is pictured in the Insider is an earlier version . . . the final artwork has some tweaks here and there . . . keep an eye out for more on this collectable . . . it's going to be great!!!!

Enjoy!

Paul Michael Kane
pmkane.com

Jayspawn
09-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Hello Paul! Welcome to the boards! I have a sketch book by you actually. Matt's a great guy. We talked for a while at Celebration IV.

Cant wait for this to go up for sale! Take care!

sergiurusu
09-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Just got the Riddell Darth Vader signed by Dave Prowse more pics HERE (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Master%20Replicas%20and%20Props/?start=80)

Jayspawn
09-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Looks great sergiurusu! I'm working on getting one myself.

I'm currently working on TTMs for Dermot Crowley (General Madine) and Alan Harris (Bossk). Also getting items ready for the Hamill signing with OP.

pmkane
09-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks, Jay . . . the poster is now up on StarWars.com officially! Big day and I just can't stop grinning . . . there's going to be a feature article up sometime in the next month, so keep an eye out for that . . .

Stay Well!!

-pmk
pmkane.com

Jayspawn
09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Saw the poster up at SWS.com. Theres some kind of problem though as I'm logged in and the Add to Cart button is not coming up. Hope theres a solution soon.

Another 1st time autographs signing is up at Wattographs! This time with Ronald Falk, Dexter Jettster in Attack of the Clones. Follow the link for details...

http://garyx.ecwz.com/store/default.asp?Category=17

sergiurusu
09-14-2007, 03:10 AM
I just received 2 cool McQuarrie 1977 prints from a good friend and I photo-framed them. They are not autographed but still cool. One is the McQuarrie Luke vs Vader and the other one is R2-D2 & C-3PO - the first one will go well with the McQuarrie Koto Luke vs Vader duel

Jayspawn
09-14-2007, 08:45 PM
You cant do wrong with framed McQuarrie work. It always looks nice. I dont have any done yet but its on my list. The McQuarrie Portfolio items look especially nice.

sergiurusu
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I already have them hanged on the wall:

sergiurusu
09-21-2007, 11:19 AM
A regular TTM letter sent to James Earl Jones about 3 weeks ago and his autographed photo arrived today - really fast!

sergiurusu
09-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm looking for a few autographs to buy:
- Dave Prowse (on OT Vader pic)
- James Earl Jones + Dave Prowse (on OT Vader pic)
- Carrie Fisher

Jayspawn
09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I know OP has them available. I would hold onto your JEJ signed photo and get Dave Prowse at convention. OP is doing a provate signing with Carrie Fisher and you can select the image you want signed which is a pretty good deal.

sergiurusu
09-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Unfortunately I don't have an international credit card and OfficialPix doesn't allow cash...:sleeping: So I want the Dave Prowse one to send then to JEJ for signing

sergiurusu
09-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Displayed/framed autographs

Jayspawn
09-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Check out Wattographs. The're doing a send-in for Fan Days for people and you can send in your JEJ for Prowse to sign. They'll take great care of your stuff. You can pay via paypal too if you have it setup.

sergiurusu
09-25-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't have neither paypal or international credit/debit card. And the James Earl Jones one is already photo framed. But a friend of mine will help me get a Dave Prowse auto and then I'll send it to JEJ. I also am pending on Carrie Fisher's auto

Jayspawn
10-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Recieved a TTM success this week from Dermot Crowley (General Madine). He signed a photo I sent already signed by Caroline Blackiston. He also signed an Evolutions trading card too.

Jayspawn
10-03-2007, 06:51 PM
WOOHOO! Big supprise today! Recieved a TTM success from Terence Stamp! This was my 2nd attempt. He signed a photo of General Zod from Superman this time. My 1st attempt (and failure), I sent a photo of Chancellor Valorum.

sergiurusu
10-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I received the Dave Prowse autograph, and now I'll try sending it to James Earl Jones to be signed by him too

Jayspawn
10-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Congrats, the extra thank you card from him is nice too. Technically you got 2 for 1.

Jayspawn
10-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I recieved my autographed photos from LFCC today. Christopher Malcolm (Zev Sensca), Gary Kurtz and Al Lampart (Com, Dan Jir).

I'm sending out to Carrie Fisher in a few weeks as an experiment.

Jayspawn
10-19-2007, 01:14 PM
A selection of Art Prints from Celebration Europe is up for sale at SWS.com. They had a few McQuarries up last night but were snatched up quickly. Hopefully they'll be adding other later. I'm holding out for an Allison Sohn myself...

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/category.xml?category_id=407934

sergiurusu
10-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Autograph Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Jabba's Slave (studio photo) Celebration II with Certificate of Authenticity (COA)

Jayspawn
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Ooooh, thats a nice one! Congrats on the addition to your collection.

I should be getting a few items back from SW Fan Days next week. Got Dave Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch on a few items.

Jayspawn
10-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Heads up! Theres gonna be another NEW signer for Wattographs! The name not revealed yet but it'll be a 1st time signer and it'll be from the Prequels. Who will it be? The popular vote is that its gonna be Joel Edgerton (Owen Lars) but knowing Gary and Scott, it'll be good Joel or not.

Make sure you are signed up for the Wattographs newsletter -where they will reveal the name!

sergiurusu
10-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Since it's PT I'm not really interested but waiting to see the surprise anyway.:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
10-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Theres a Ralph McQuarrie CE print that I'm trying to track down. It features the heroes (Han, Starkiller, Chewbacca & Droids). Going through a McQuarrie fix right now and I've decided this is tops!

Meanwhile I got the Allison Sohn CE print on preorder. Got matching frames to go with my CIV print. Just gotta wait till next month before they ship.

sergiurusu
11-09-2007, 11:46 AM
The autographs I recently received:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/394/autographvaderprowsejonwi1.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9092/autographvaderjamesearlij3.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1693/autographvaderjamesearllt4.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2107/autographvaderjamesearldt7.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5835/autographvaderjamesearldu5.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5476/autographvaderjamesearlce6.jpg
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3709/autographr2d2c3po01ok7.jpg

Jayspawn
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow! Thats a lot to send TTM. I wouldnt send any more than 3 items myself. But at least he did sign them!

Wattographs NEW signer is gonna be Anthony Phelan, Lama Su in Attack of the Clones. This is his 1st signing ever aside from the Topps widevision AOTC cards he did some years back.

I got a success from Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter). He sighed and personalized 2 deleted scene photos I sent.

Sent out to Raplh McQuarrie today too.

2-1B
11-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Official Pix has that 2.99 sale going on for 8x10s...I'm tempted to order but it will lead to a large bill, I'm sure. :cry:

Jayspawn
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I know, its a hell of a deal. I think I'll pick up extras just in case. I'm hoping that Ben adds more images to the store soon because I pretty much have all the images I'm gonna get.

sergiurusu
11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow! Thats a lot to send TTM. I wouldnt send any more than 3 items myself. But at least he did sign them!

The photos I sent were not the only thing I sent, :thumbsup:there was something I specially sent to JEJ. And 1 of the photos is for my little cousin and the other one for a friend. None are for sale or trade, I made that clear in my letter. Besides that I think he might have accepted this because no other Romanians have written before.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Sent out to Raplh McQuarrie today too.

Not to say boo, but last I heard, McQ no longer signs. A real bummer because I would love to get his over most other SW characters.

Let us know how it works out!!!

2-1B
11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
That 8x10 sale ended yesterday but now I got an email that the same deal is going on through the 15th now ? :confused:

Jayspawn
11-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I heard that also about McQuarrie, but I've heard elsewhere that he does. So I took a shot. I didnt send anything fancy.

Just a reminder, the Wattographs signing with Anthony Phelan (Lama Su) is going on till Nov 16th so dont wait.

sergiurusu
11-13-2007, 12:57 PM
A member from SWActionNews forum got a Ralph McQuarrie auto and the artist even wrote a few words saying he lost the card the member sent and thus he replaced it himslef with another one. Really cool!:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Today I'm sending out to Doug Chiang and Wayne Pygram.

Also: I've purchased Alec Guiness and Harrison Ford autographs. Guiness should be arriving this week and Ford next. These are my 1st for both so I'm pretty excited.

sergiurusu
11-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Are these originals?

jonthejedi
11-15-2007, 03:53 AM
I would be real wary of any Alec G. autograph seller at this point...but good luck with that.

Jayspawn
11-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Are these originals?

Oh yes! I got the Guiness from another collector, and I had Gary at Wattographs check it out for me just to cover my bases. I got the 2 thumbs up!

sergiurusu
11-21-2007, 10:01 AM
My displayed autographs :)

Jayspawn
11-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Nice set up and collection of Vader! All my autos are in black binders. Blah...

Just a heads up, Wattographs is having a Black Friday 10% off sale. Great chance to pick up some rare signatures!

Jayspawn
11-21-2007, 09:15 PM
OfficialPix has Indiana Jones photos up for sale. They have some really nice ones too. Hopefully they'll add more soon.

Jayspawn
11-23-2007, 02:32 PM
I recieved my Alec Guiness signed card. Its pretty damn cool too, I'm going to frame and matte it with an awesome photo of Obi-Wan.

Also, recieved my TTM back from Ralph McQuarrie. He signed the Galaxy trading card and index card I sent! I plan on framing/matting it with one of his prints but I'm undecided which at the moment.

sergiurusu
11-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Cool Jayspawn! Any pics?:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I'll try and post some. Unfortunatly its a pain for me to get pics up on SSG, unfortunatly RS is WAY easier so I may just post a link.

Jayspawn
11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Wattographs has landed a signing w/ Sandi Finlay, Sly Moore in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith! They are taking send-in items (posters/action figures) for the signing as well as offering 7 images for selection.

Sandi is an uncommon signer -I recommend getting in on this one! Follow the Wattographs link below for signing details!

Jayspawn
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Recieved a TON of photos in the mail today. Got some from OfficialPix from their sale and some I made -all of which turned out great! Some of them were OP's new Indiana Jones photos. Gonna send the one of Donovan to Julian Glover to sign.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Caesar, just want you to know I still have the Frank Oz autograph you got for me so many moons ago, framed and proudly displayed for everyone to see :)

That was one of the coolest surprises I've ever gotten from anyone!! :love:

2-1B
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Proof of the magic wielded by a few stamps combined with a fan letter written with a lil TLC. :kiss:

Jayspawn
12-05-2007, 11:39 AM
You got one on me. I'm holding out to get an Oz either in person or throught OP or Wattographs. I thought about going through the mail but 99.9% of Oz's are secretarials.

Today I sent out to Paul Blake and Kenny Baker!

Deoxyribonucleic
12-05-2007, 11:56 AM
You got one on me. I'm holding out to get an Oz either in person or throught OP or Wattographs. I thought about going through the mail but 99.9% of Oz's are secretarials.

Today I sent out to Paul Blake and Kenny Baker!

IT was all Caesar's doing and he TOTALLY surprised me with it. What's great is that he signed my name on the card too. Ceez really knows what he's doing :)

Good luck on your Blake-n-Baker :)

2-1B
12-05-2007, 07:37 PM

If Oz uses secretarials TTM, then either they did it on the Topps cards as well or they're DAMN good because I can't tell the difference between my TTMs or the AOTC auto card I pulled. :)

Jayspawn
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
No, the Topps cards are the real deal. The Oz secretarials are very good. He's signed real ones TTM in the past -but very rarely. So its possible he got a real one.

2-1B
12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Do you have any idea on the timeframe for that, Jay? I got mine back in 2003, I believe. I'm really wary about secretarials (I have some obvious ones from A List celebs) but I'm really cautious about Star Wars related items...and the ones I have look identical to the Topps stuff. :)

I would honestly compare their similarity to that of my Jenna Fischer in person stuff vs. her TTM, which is definitely authentic. That will likely dry up down the road now that she's doing more and more movies and getting bigger status but that's not relevant to this thread.

Jayspawn
12-05-2007, 08:52 PM
If it was 2003, wanst too far away so its possible you got a good one. Oz is pretty good about signing in person but you wont see him at a sit-down signing anytime soon.

2-1B
12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
In that case I will choose to believe that Da 'Ox and I scored authentic pieces. :grin:

Jayspawn
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Woohoo! Recieved my Harrison Ford, Ronald Falk, Kyle Rowling and Lilly from Wattographs in the mail.

THEN I got some awesome TTM success from Doug Chiang and James Arnold Taylor!

So a good day for me. Haha.

Jayspawn
12-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Alright. I got my Allison Sohn CE print today. Fantastic! But the major problem is that I ordered 2 and got 1. So I've emailed SWS.com and hopefully they have another to send me.

sergiurusu
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
I received a set of original prints from McQuarrie portofolio and already sent 3 of them to the artist himself to sign them.:yes:

Jayspawn
12-16-2007, 10:18 AM
The McQuarrie Portfolio's are great! I have the SW and ROTJ myself. Hopefully he'll sign them -because they would look great! Which ones did you send?

Just a reminder, the Sandi Finlay (Sly Moore) signing with Wattographs ends December 31st.

sergiurusu
12-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Hopefully Mr. McQuarrie will sign them. I had a bit of trouble finding a big envelope for them since they are A3 size.

Jayspawn
12-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Not much autograph news, gettimg my items ready to send in to Wattographs for the Sandi Finlay signing. Also getting some TTMs ready to send out at the new year!

sergiurusu
12-28-2007, 02:46 AM
3 letters went out last week:

Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
Richard Bonehill (Stormtrooper/Snowtrooper)

Jayspawn
12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Good luck! Those 3 are great TTM signers!

Got a success from Paul Blake yesterday! I sent him 3 Topps cards and an index card -he signed all of them and on the index wrote "Best Wishes Jay! Merry Christmas -Greedo"

2-1B
12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the Blake ! I got him in person a couple years back at a small show...nice guy.

Jayspawn
01-01-2008, 08:20 PM
FYI, Wattographs announced their new signer - Joel Edgerton!

Highly recommend this one, Joel is a very hard to get signature. He's only signed for Topps for their AOTC Widevision series.

Personally, I'm sending in a photo of Owen and Beru that I have already signed by Bonnie Piesse and an Evolutions trading card.

sergiurusu
01-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Sent 3 Ralph McQuarrie portofolio prints to the artist - included letter, cash for postal expenses and a small present

Sent 07 December 2007
Received 05 January 2008

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3918/autographralphmcquarriewa9.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4937/autographralphmcquarriegr1.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4373/autographralphmcquarriebx0.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5594/autographralphmcquarriedz4.jpg

Jayspawn
01-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Congrats! Those are good prints too!

I'm still working on getting the 1st requests ready of '08.

sergiurusu
01-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Just received a set of Imperial autographs from a scummer and they were all at a really great price ($5/autograph), plus he included 6 extra Celebration 4 pictures (not signed).

The autographs are: Autograph Cmdr. Praji (George Roubicek), Autograph General Motti (Richard LeParmentier), Autograph General Veers (Julian Glover), Autograph Lt. Renz (Barrie Holland - "You rebel scum" officer) and 3 Imperials photos: Tarkin with Motti, Vader and Admiral Piett. The other 3 photos are PT ones so not really interested in them: Watto and 2 Neimoidians

I will send the Admiral Piett picture to Kenneth Colley the actor to get it signed next week maybe. But have to get $5 somewhere for postal taxes to include in my envelope...

I LOVE IMPERIALS!! :D

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9976/autographcmdrprajigeorgkf6.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2923/autographgenmottiricharqo3.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9537/autographgenveersjulianmv9.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8505/autographltrenzbarriehofm5.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/442/photoc4admiralpiettkennaq5.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5315/photoc4tarkinpetercushikh6.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6817/photoc4darthvader01rx9.jpg

The last Darth Vader picture I already have signed by both James Earl Jones and Dave Prowse but will still keep it.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3842/autographvaderdprowsejeov0.jpg

Jayspawn
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Congrats on the good buys! Yes, the imperials are awesome! Kenneth Colley is a good TTM signer -he was very nice at CIV too. Are you getting in on the Wattographs signing with Joel Edgerton? I'm sending my items this next week -not missing this one.

Sent a TTM to Mark Hamill yesterday. Not expecting a reply -just as a test.

sergiurusu
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Tried a TTM with Hamill 3 months ago but my letter never returned (RTS) and no auto either :sad:

sergiurusu
01-13-2008, 11:50 PM
I got Jeremy Bulloch's autograph in a great deal. hopefully soon I'll get my TTM returned and photos signed as well :)

Jayspawn
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Thats a great shot -you can never go wrong with that one!

I'm sending out to Daniel Logan today.

sergiurusu
01-16-2008, 04:45 AM
I received my TTM with Richard Bonehill's personalized autographs (it took about 20 days) :) :

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1250/autographsnowtrooperricdz7.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1196/autographsnowtrooperrickd5.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7933/autographsnowtrooperricvm2.jpg

And also received the usual George Lucas photo and the letter from his secretary...

sergiurusu
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett autograph:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7288/autographbobafettjeremymz9.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9923/autographbobafettjeremyeb1.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6560/autographbobafettjeremyil1.jpg

Jayspawn
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats! Bonehill and Bulloch are great TTM signers and great guys too. I've met Jeremy several times, always a gentleman everytime. Richard and I talked for a long time at CIV. Have great stories to tell -learned a lot from him too.

sergiurusu
01-25-2008, 03:04 AM
It seems James Earl Jones has RTS for the first time (http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82856&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

Jayspawn
01-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Thats because he is out of town. His office is sending fanmail back rather than having people wait.

I got my photo back from Wattographs today -signed by Anthony Phelan (Lama Su). He added Prime Minister of Komino which was a nice touch. I'm gonna have the same photo signed by Rena Owen too when I see her next.

sergiurusu
01-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I will send some pics to JEJ in the future.

Jayspawn
01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Gonna send off to Ewan McGregor later this year.

sergiurusu
01-30-2008, 03:38 AM
Isn't he sending autopen?

I just sent TTm to Micheal Pennington (Moff Jerjerrod) and Michael Culver (Needa)

Jayspawn
01-30-2008, 10:52 PM
McGregors are actually not an autopen. Otherwise everything, everybody sends would signed and returnd -which is definatly not the case.

When he's available and in the mood -he signs TTM items but not often.

sergiurusu
01-31-2008, 06:55 AM
From what i seen on other forums people get aq picture from Ewan with imprinted signature, even worse than autopen. Maybe you are lucky. Glad I'm not into PT collecting, some of these "young" actors are really arrogant when coming to signing pics...

Jayspawn
02-01-2008, 09:04 PM
To their defense -they dont need to sign much.

The success with Ewan is hit or miss. The small signed photo of Ewan usually set out in response to requests are probably real. Theres no reason why he cant sit down and sign several at a time when hes at his office. However the jury is still out as its hard to authenticate his signiture -being that its just a scribble. The guaranteed Ewan in a signed book that he just published -which looks a lot like his occasional TTM responses.

OfficialPix is having an announcement, probably tomorrow. No hint on what it is.

And in other news, Wattographs is having 2 signings this month! Mike Quinn (Sy Snootles, Jabba, Ackbar, and of course, Nein Nunb) and Rohan Nichol (Capt. Antilles). They have several images available for each as well as the option for send-ins. Check out my link below for site and details....

sergiurusu
02-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Today I sent a letter to Jason Wingreen (Boba Fett's voice) and received answer and sig from Ken Colley Admiral Piett

jonthejedi
02-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Harrison Ford to sign for OfficialPix...prebook is TOMORROW! Guaranteed to be too rich for my blood. Get some mucho $$$ ready.

sergiurusu
02-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Not for me. $400 is too much for a piece of paper signed by anyone, excepting maybe the case when that someone signs for a big check.

decadentdave
02-06-2008, 03:19 AM
Talk about exploiting the fans. I know Harrison rarely signs anything period but the price they are asking is just ludicrous. If I wanted to pay that much for his signature, I'd just break down and buy the SE Millenium Falcon studio scale. Now, if they had included roundtrip air fare to the signing and you got to meet him in person, have him shake your hand and snap a photo of the meeting/signing then it would be worth skipping the mortgage payment for.

jonthejedi
02-06-2008, 03:56 AM
...right there with you! I thought Ian McD. was pricey, but this is truly beyond belief. I guess he's got to do something these days(not getting too many film roles at his age) to pay for that ranch in Wyoming. He better hope Calista keeps working!

decadentdave
02-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Well I just checked and it's already sold out. Congratulations to all of the high roller sukaz who just blew their wad. :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
02-06-2008, 02:30 PM
There's nothing quite like disposable income...that's my SW collecting budget for a year.

Jayspawn
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
All the Ford items sold out in 5 minuets apparently. I was at work so I missed it. But I already have Ford's autograph so I'm happy. The $ was about what I expected though. If they do another signing, I might get in if I'm around.

Jayspawn
02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Goodness. Got my items from the Wattographs signing with Sandi (Sly Moore) Finlay. Got a CIII photo and Evolutions trading card done -both of which look great!

Sent a request off to Stuart and Kay Freeborn and Shia LaBeouf this last week.

I'm still deciding what to send-in for the Mike Quinn and Rohan Nichol signing at Wattographs.