PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Rogue TWO Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca

SirSteve
06-25-2006, 10:43 AM
We have a first look at the Target Exclusive Rogue TWO Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca figure!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=120

Bacta Beast
06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
I only have one problem with this figure, but I'll still be all over this like flies on a poo-poo platter. My problem is the lack of elbow articulation, and that mostly troubles me because I a just imagine Hasbro using this same sculpt for a Snowspeeder pilot Luke. If that be the case I would certainly prefer more articulation, not less.

Battle Droid
06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
SWEET. thanks Steve!:D

Devo
06-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Superb. Hasbro are doing well to get me to buy vehicles I already have twice over with this and the Dagobah X-wing. I'm amazed we're actually getting a newly sculpted pilot figure as a pack-in. And the opening airbrakes have taken me completely by surprise. This must be mine.

Blue2th
06-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Cool! Hey for once I found the breaking news of this here at SSG first! Good goin' Steve! I can't wait for this one.

Rogue II
06-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey, that should say "Target Exclusive Rogue II Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca"

I think I'll buy this one.

Devo
06-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I guess I'm not that bothered about the basic seeming articulation on this figure - at least he's not stuck in some ridiculous Rieekan pose. The Snowspeeder pilot Luke should be SA - I'd like some alternative snowspeeder pilot sculpts in the same way that we have a few different X-wing pilot figures. I wonder though are those ball jointed knees behind those straps on this Zev figure.

And we've got another good setting for it too. It may be cardboard but it looks like what its supposed to be. I'll incorporate that into my echo base diorama. Its at least as good as having the POTF jabbas palace card diorama.

trandoshan666
06-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I buy very few of the ships, etc., but I'm definitely getting this one. I think it looks incredible.

El Chuxter
06-25-2006, 11:56 AM
While I'm not too excited on a third Snowspeeder to take up space, Zev looks rather nice. This one will be very hard to pass on, unlike all the other rehash vehicles they've announced lately. The addition of the airbrakes this time is a nice touch, too.

Luuuuuuke
06-25-2006, 12:12 PM
I rarely buy ships but I'll get this one. The figure is the actual draw for me.

Tycho
06-25-2006, 12:12 PM
I can't believe no one's commented on this (sort of) being a new Snowspeeder sculpt!

The brake flaps open and are remotely operated! They returned to the vintage harpoon cannon (non-firing a giant plastic missle with string attached to it), but engineered break flaps.

Zev does look good. I agree he needs some elbow articulation. Now are they using Luke VOTC's pilot-body for that figure? (other than the arms?)

However, Zev is not really a figure I cared to have over Hobbie and Janson (who live and fly for Rogue Squadron for many years).

Slicker
06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
This looks very awesome and along with the DagoWing it looks great in the window box. It seems that Hasbro has stepped things up of late and they're making some awesome figures and vehicles.

Reefer Shark
06-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Wow, that things coming in July? Hasbro really kept this one under the radar, huh?

Hopefully I'll be able to find one at Target, and won't have to go to the secondary market for it (like I had to for the Y-Wing and Skiff).

pegger
06-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I can't believe the job they did on a pack-in figure! good likeness - removeable helmet - very very sweet.

I swear the Star Wars team at Hasbro have been taken over by pod-people or something.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I don't have the previous snowspeeders so I'll definitely be getting this one. The Zev figure looks great! I never expected them to actually release an all-new figure with a vehicle.

2-1B
06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
That's a cool looking set with a great figure pack in. :)

Banthaholic
06-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Another great surprise. I was just thinking it'd be a snow sppeder with generic pilot calling it Rogue 2, similar to the Red Leader x-wing. This is outstanding.

Thanks Steve for breaking the news!

wedge1968
06-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I am blown away. I actually just found all of the rebel pilots that I've had laying around and opened them in preparation for buying two of these (so that I can get my hands on this figure).

Here is the list of rebel pilot figures I think that they have made. Can anyone help me add to the list?

Luke (original)
Luke (skinny carded)
Luke (Vintage)
Dack
Zev
Wedge (carry case)
Wedge (3 pack)
Wedge (carded Internet exclusive)
Biggs
Porkins
Dutch
Dash Rendar
Red Leader Garvin Dries (w/ X-wing)
Y-Wing Pilot (w/ Y-wing)
A-Wing pilot (w/ A-wing)
Ten Nunb
Arvil Cyrand (spelling is probably off there)

THanks, and thank you Hasbro.

Oh, incidentally, I agree with Tycho when he says that we need Hobbie and Janson. We also need Tycho, Corran Horn, Jaina in X-wing gear....the list goes on and on.

El Chuxter
06-25-2006, 02:07 PM
If you're counting Dash, you should probably include Han from the Millennium Falcon CD-ROM Playset and the Gunner Station.

Turbowars
06-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Cool! Hey for once I found the breaking news of this here at SSG first! Good goin' Steve! I can't wait for this one.I was thinking the same thing! Awesome job Steve!

This ship looks great and so does the pilot! 07 is looking to be a great year for the OT!!

edit-- this thing is shipping this July?

VidKidd
06-25-2006, 02:52 PM
087-06-1799 SW CLASSIC SNOWSPEEDER 29.99
Ok now im opretty sure this is the DPCI fo rthis item, so if the numbers are right then thats the price for sure. The numbers are in the system but no set date as of yet. Ill keep you guys posted.

AmanaMatt
06-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Wow, this is the first pack in figure that has impressed me in years - we are all spoiled on articualation now, so I am cool with the fig having 'decent' articulation from the look - the sculpt is killer - and for a pack in as well....

Very nice set. Way to go, Hasbro! I will get this one!

jjreason
06-25-2006, 03:08 PM
My God - I can't believe they've FINALLY made Rogue II. I'm really and truly sold on this article!!!!

Kidhuman
06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Awesome, I need a snowspeeder.

JediTricks
06-25-2006, 03:31 PM
First off, I can't believe they actually did the Snowspeeder outfit on this figure rather than either recycle the old POTF2 version or just use the new X-wing pilot body, this is way cool, possibly the best pack-in figure ever.

Secondly, the Snowspeeder looks good and the opening airbrakes are a HUGE deal to me, that's always been the feature I wanted most on any Snowspeeder toy. I wonder if they patched up the "open" paneling sculpted into the right side of the earlier version, it looks that way. Kenner's Snowspeeder mold has always been one of my favorites due to its accuracy and scale, so this takes that and adds something good to it, huzzah!

Finally, I didn't even notice the backdrop of the packaging until mentioned here, I thought it was just cheap plain gray, turns out it's Echo Base, that's cool!

This looks like a winner.

Kidhuman
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey, that should say "Target Exclusive Rogue II Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca"

I think I'll buy this one.

And I only get a lousy action figure. I want a vehicle also. The K-Wing. damn straight

Rogue II
06-25-2006, 03:59 PM
And I only get a lousy action figure. I want a vehicle also. The K-Wing. damn straight

Jealous?:D

Too bad I don't look like the Zev figure. It looks more like the engineering chief from Star Trek Next Genereation or Deep Space (whichever he was on).

plasticfetish
06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Wow... brilliant. That really is the nicest pack-in figure that they've done. Great! I love having one boxed vehicle from each line, and this is gonna be "it" for this line. I'll need to buy two I suppose. ;)

(Looking at the little label on the back of the box, it looks like this is straight out of Hong Kong. Could really be showing up in a month or so I suppose.)

mastermatt24
06-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Wow.. Actually looks good, but Ill be able to pass on it. Maybe if it goes on clearance.. :yes:

Banthaholic
06-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Luke (original)
Luke (skinny carded)
Luke (Vintage)
Dack
Zev
Wedge (carry case)
Wedge (3 pack)
Wedge (carded Internet exclusive)
Biggs
Porkins
Dutch
Dash Rendar
Red Leader Garvin Dries (w/ X-wing)
Y-Wing Pilot (w/ Y-wing)
A-Wing pilot (w/ A-wing)
Ten Nunb
Arvil Cyrand (spelling is probably off there)
Looking briefly at ot of my y-wings the pilots are different. There is the generic pilot that comes with the POTF Y-wing and the generic pilot that comes with the red/blue/grey OTC Y-wing

Turbowars
06-25-2006, 05:24 PM
This thing is actually on e-bay right now and that's were the pics are from.

ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-SAGA-Target-ROGUE-2-SNOWSPEEDER-ZEV-%20SENESCA_W0QQitemZ250001572026QQihZ015QQcategory Z2476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Edit: shortened link

jjreason
06-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Wow, and only $80! :rolleyes: I wonder how long it was up for before someone bought it now. Probably about 2 minutes.

Slicker
06-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Ahhh...the impatience of the Star Wars collector. And this is why people continue to scalp these damn things.:rolleyes:

DarkArtist
06-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Looking forward to this one. I have the other three versions of the snow speeder so a forth will fill in nicely. The figure looks great to. Always a plus to see a new Rogue enter the mix. Will look great next to my Rogue Leader snowspeeder and my Rogue III snowspeeder. Now all we need is a Wes Janson figure to complete the look.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I actually don't have a Snowspeeder of this scale yet, so hopefully I'll be able to find one. I don't mind the articulation on the figure. The sculpt is decent and the helmet is removeable, so it looks better the the X-Wing Red Leader pack in.

LTBasker
06-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Hopefully this won't be much more than $20-25 as it looks awesome. The figure alone would be worth the $20!

I'm glad they've added the flaps onto the speeder, it's always sucked that the speeder was more like just a shell with a canopy. When I read "Rogue 2" though, I thought they would be using the Rogue 2 Galoob paintjob like the Green A-wing did and was kinda looking forward to it, but this is cool too. :D

Darth Cruel
06-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Zev looks like Bill Clinton. I am all the way down for two of these at least!

Reefer Shark
06-26-2006, 01:31 AM
Hopefully this won't be much more than $20-25 as it looks awesome. The figure alone would be worth the $20!

Looks like it's gonna be $29.99 judging from VidKidd's post a litte bit earlier. I think it looks like it's worth it, and will buy one as soon as I (hopefully) come across it.

figrin bran
06-26-2006, 02:19 AM
i never owned a snowspeeder from the modern line and so i definitely want this, lack of space for vehicles notwithstanding.

dindae
06-26-2006, 08:25 AM
This is what vehicles should be. Hasbro is really stepping up and hammering them out of the park for me. I was really expecting the same mold and a semi recognizable figure. Not only do we get a really good figure but they actually time the time to improve the sculpt and throw in airbrakes. For being an exclusive and a new sculpt with decent figure $29.99 is really a reasonable price. Look at the TRU Gunship.

Props on the scoop Steve.:thumbsup:

BoShek
06-26-2006, 09:33 AM
I might have to get me one of these. I hope it will be $20 and at my local Target.

abell748
06-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Darn you Hasbro!!!! I thought I would able to pass on the snowspeeder and the Dago X-Wing!!! They have done such a great job with the pack-in's (the swamp guck, Zev, and the dragonsnake). The packaging has also sold me on these ships. The window boxes let me keep 'em in the box and still admire the ship and the diorama detail inside the box. I hate having to say this, but GOOD JOB HASBRO!!!

TheDarthVader
06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
This looks like the snowspeeder I have been waiting for. I don't have a lot of vehicles, but this one has caught my eye. I also need that darn Zev figure. I guess I am going to get one of these, besides, this is the best figure packed with a vehicle that Hasbro has put out yet! (When that dragonsnake is released, it should be the new best figure).

Finally starting to see more OT vehicles is great! :thumbsup:

Tycho
06-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Why don't a lot of you have Snowspeeders from before. I bought the 3 I needed for my Battle of Hoth scene in 1996 and was done with it. (I turned down the POTJ one with "dead Dack" in it). This looks cool, but I won't be jumping on it because I have no use for it. However, it is really nice and I agree with all the compliments I've seen posted.

But how come you guys don't have snowspeeders from 1996?

I don't remember them being that hard to find.

Rogue II
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I never saw the POTJ snowspeeder, and I wasn't that serious about collecting in '96. The only vehicle I had at that time was the Landspeeder, which I bought for $10.

All of the POTF2 (and most of the POTJ) vechicles I own were bought on clearance becuse I'm cheap and they take up a lot of room.

JediTricks
06-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Why don't a lot of you have Snowspeeders from before. I bought the 3 I needed for my Battle of Hoth scene in 1996 and was done with it. (I turned down the POTJ one with "dead Dack" in it). This looks cool, but I won't be jumping on it because I have no use for it. However, it is really nice and I agree with all the compliments I've seen posted.

I don't remember them being that hard to find.They weren't, there just wasn't as much interest back in the day. Even I didn't buy it when it was out, I had to pick it up loose-in-box on ebay back in Feb of '99. Part of the problem was the lack of flaps, part was the new stupid missile-firing gun, part was just that I didn't want to buy vehicles in '96 (no space, plus I had the Action Fleet versions).

I never found the POTJ one sadly, I did want it. Luckily this Rogue 2 version is good too.

LTBasker
06-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Why don't a lot of you have Snowspeeders from before.

I picked the Snowspeeder in '96 but it was one of my favorites toys so I played the hell out of it, plus a year later it survived a house fire.

Also, I prefer painted vehicles over stickers and when the POTJ one came out I was too disappointed about the reuse of the POTF2 Hoth body to immediately want to fork out $30 for a Snowspeeder that had been gutted of it's electronics and nothing new added.

One thing I'm really hoping for with this Snowspeeder is that they added detail in the cockpit, the snowspeeders before just basically have a hole with a small seat in there. Theres no way to secure them in place and when displaying with the cockpit open it looks goofy because you can see screws and such.

Hopefully they will also be using the Hoth pilot body for future figures like Wedge, Luke, Dack, Wes, Hobbie, etc.

dindae
06-26-2006, 06:04 PM

I don't remember them being that hard to find.

I picked them up. But I didn't buy 3 just one of each. So I still have room in my dioramas. The same goes with army builders I have a few of each but Hasbro will rerelease them so I will always be able to get them later or get them off ebay when the line ends. This way when/if something like this happens I don't feel like a shmuck for buying another thing I already have.

Jargo
06-26-2006, 06:31 PM
does look quite nice. his legs look a bit skinny but meh. airbrakes is good. I might be tempted.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-26-2006, 07:33 PM

I don't remember them being that hard to find.I didn't start collecting until 1999, and I never saw the one with Dack. I actually wanted to get that one since it had Dack. I have at least three action fleet size versions though, and one Titanium micro machine size.

Tycho
06-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Well it seems Hasbro was right-on about when to re-release this vehicle.

Coupled with the AT-AT also coming out this summer, it's a great way to keep things "cool" in this toy line.

LTBasker
06-27-2006, 09:45 AM
But, it would've been nicer if the AT-AT wasn't so specific to a muddy battlefield and that way it would be more fun to use it with the Snowspeeder.

Tycho
06-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh, I didn't know it was an ENDOR AT-AT.

That changes its usefulness to authentic diorama builders I guess.

I got the only AT-AT I own in 1998 I believe (Hoth version, if you could call it that), and that's all I need.

The glass fixtures I build my dioramas in could accomodate only 1 AT-AT really, and I used an AT-ST, 2 Rebel Snowspeeders flying at them, 1 Snowspeeder (Luke's) crashed, plus the old vintage Attack Base and Turret/Probot Playset (when Kenner knew how to make play environments).

The AT-ST I use in the scene is a vintage, thus I never had to contend with the Endor Feet the POTF2 ones had (have 4 of those for my Endor scene)

I don't want or need an AT-AT on Endor, plus I have all the snowspeeders I need, so I'll pass.

I really don't know if it's smart for Hasbro to release non-corresponding vehicles or not. I suppose someone could buy both, then desperately want the correct "Hoth" AT-AT to go with their snowspeeders if it's re-released again at a later date. A Hoth AT-ST release at this time would be smart however. Don't you think?

jjreason
06-27-2006, 06:16 PM
I'd consider buying one (a Hoth AT-ST), but they'd need to include a good figure and fix the ridiculous leg issue that plagued the POTJ version. That thing wouldn't stand in cement.

Tycho
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I agree. ALL AT-ST Legs get bendy like that (vintage and red-box POTF2 included).

I wished it weren't so. It's so frustrating for diorama builders because every once in a while a scout walker would fall on the Emperor's Troops (and the Ewoks weren't dropping them!)

LTBasker
06-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah, it's sad though that despite my '95 AT-ST's legs bending it can still stand decently, I'm hoping Hasbro does release a new AT-ST. It wouldn't even have to be real new, just scale up the legs and middle section slightly and give it a new head.

It wouldn't need to be scaled up dramatically, I think the size class it's in now is perfect as it's definitely taller than the figures, but short enough to not make an AT-AT look ridiculous.

Btw, Tycho the new AT-AT is definitely Endor-specific. They gave the feet a very muddy texture and paintjob as well as I believe some dirt on the rest of the body. It would have to be repainted to fit into a Hoth dio.

Kidhuman
06-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I agree. ALL AT-ST Legs get bendy like that (vintage and red-box POTF2 included).

I wished it weren't so. It's so frustrating for diorama builders because every once in a while a scout walker would fall on the Emperor's Troops (and the Ewoks weren't dropping them!)

My Vintage AT-ST works fine, no wobbly legs at all

imakeller
06-28-2006, 06:26 PM
This snowspeeder really looks fantastic! Very nice. Hasbro really does deserve some kudos on the TSC vehicles. Sooo many good ones confirmed and rumored. 2007 is sounding good too. I hope the Shuttle reissue happens. My only concern with the snowspeeder (and almost all Target exclusives) is will I be able to actually buy them at retail? I sure wish Target would put theirs online like TRU does.

Reefer Shark
06-28-2006, 10:07 PM
My only concern with the snowspeeder (and almost all Target exclusives) is will I be able to actually buy them at retail? I sure wish Target would put theirs online like TRU does.
I'm with you on that, TRU is the only store that I've always been able to get the exclusive (only because of Amazon). Target & WM, I'd say I've missed out on about 50% of their exclusives..

Welcome to SSG btw!

Luuuuuuke
06-28-2006, 11:02 PM
My only concern with the snowspeeder (and almost all Target exclusives) is will I be able to actually buy them at retail? I sure wish Target would put theirs online like TRU does.

Except TRU/Amazon isn't very reliable on stuff they don't have on stock. I wish Target and Wal-Mart put their exclusives online too. I actually don't struggle too badly finding things at Target because it opens at 8 a.m. and I can usually hit Target around that time before going to work. I'm confident I'll find the Snowspeeder eventually. Besides, it's nearly $30, right?

Hardcore collectors and of course scalpers hit Wal-Mart as early as 7 a.m. around here and at really weird hours if its a 24-hour Wal-Mart. That's just not worth it for me.

I usually get lucky at TRU later when they stock later in the day. I simply can't hit TRU at opening during weekdays. By 10 a.m. I'm sitting at work--working.

Kidhuman
06-28-2006, 11:54 PM
I have not missed a WM exclusive in some years now that I live near a WM, Target exclusives over the last 2 -3 years have been abundant and even have hit clearance in most cases.

Reefer Shark
06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
True, the last few years haven't been too bad for Target exclusives. It was back in the POTF2 & POTJ days that I missed out on the most stuff.

I guess I shouldn't worry too much about the speeder :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
06-29-2006, 12:23 AM
During the early years, I didnt have Targets where I lived, so I missed most of the stuff they had.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Only Target exclusives I've missed in recent times that I'm aware of are the basic figures - Clone Trooper and the Shadow Trooper or whatever that one was.

I don't know if I saw the POTF2 Y-Wing, as I wasn't as interested in vehicles then. I know I saw the Skiff with Luke, but passed on it. I guess I figured I didn't need the Luke figure and wasn't that excited about the vehicle at the time.

Banthaholic
06-29-2006, 01:18 AM
I haven;t had a problem with Target exclusives yet. The Shadow Trooper I got lucky and got the last one, but ended up seeing more later on. I did have a hard time finding a GOOD OTC Slave 1. Hopefully this snowspeeder box with not replicate this problem. My POTJ snowspeeder window isn't the best.

sebillba
08-17-2006, 12:50 PM
I was wondering if the Zev Snowspeeder has started showing up yet? I'll be in Chicago in about 4 weeks time, and was hoping to pick one up. I don't think I'll be near a Target, so will it be worth making the trek?

dindae
08-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Haven't seen anyone post it yet but they said they were shipping in late July so it should be any time.

pegger
08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
They've been out in Canada for a month now (and at TRU - cause we ain't got no Targets!!!)

sebillba
08-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Ok thanks for the info. Do you know how much they are / will be?

pegger
08-17-2006, 02:13 PM
In Canada - $44.99 CDN plus tax. My area total was $51.29 CDN. I think they will be much cheaper state side.

sebillba
08-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Hmmm.... so about 25.... there's one on ebay in Britain for that.... if I could get one at that price over here, it will free up more room in my suitcase for other goodies :p

JediTricks
08-17-2006, 03:18 PM
45 Canadian is $40.12 US and 21.28 British pounds.

sebillba
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Plus tax..... Pegger's total comes out to 25.12 - Canadian rate in UK today is 2.04...... I'm a manager in Foreign Exchange. ;)

El Chuxter
08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
I saw a few dozen of them at K-Mart yesterday. It's a pice of carp.

Oh, wait, this is the Target Exclusive Snowspeeder thread, not the Marvel Legends First Appearance Thing thread. :p

TheDarthVader
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Shhhhh! I'm hearing something...sounds like...$29.99.

sebillba
08-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Shhhhh! I'm hearing something...sounds like...$29.99.

Really?? If that's true, I'll definitely have to wait till I'm over on my hols before I get one.

TheDarthVader
08-22-2006, 09:07 PM
That is what i am hearing until someone proves me wrong.

JEDIpartner
08-23-2006, 09:30 AM
I have not missed a WM exclusive in some years now that I live near a WM, Target exclusives over the last 2 -3 years have been abundant and even have hit clearance in most cases.

I'd pick it up if I saw it on Clearance.

kool-aid killer
08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Im debating, but i think i will end up buying this snowspeeder. Im hoping the Zev figure isnt terrible looking, if he is hes getting tossed into the back seat. Im hoping TheDarthVaders price is right, anything more would be a bit too much.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm thinking the price IS right, since when you enter the DCPI into the Target computer it says "SW Classic Snowspeeder" for $29.99.

decadentdave
08-23-2006, 12:25 PM
JJ, what is the DPCI # for this?

DarkArtist
08-23-2006, 03:11 PM
What's the release date for this. I was at three different targets yesterday and no one knew what I was talking about.

VidKidd
08-23-2006, 08:14 PM
I work at target, and ive been checkin ghte system everyday for the last few weeks and the set date isnt there yet. It usally shows the Plano set two months in advnce. Ill let you guys know as soon as i know.

sebillba
08-24-2006, 02:51 AM
B*gger..... doesn't sound promising for me to find one in Chicago next month then. Looks like I'll end up paying double back in Blighty. :(

sebillba
08-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Im debating, but i think i will end up buying this snowspeeder. Im hoping the Zev figure isnt terrible looking, if he is hes getting tossed into the back seat. Im hoping TheDarthVaders price is right, anything more would be a bit too much.

I found a loose Zev on ebay, and received it today. It looks good to me.... the likeness is spot on, though he does suffer from the usual ball-joint neck bad wig syndrome, but looks great face-on. My only real complaint is the shoulder articulation makes his pose a little static, but I guess we've just been spoilt with all the recent ball-jointed shoulders. He does have ball-jointed knees though. Overall a decent pack-in figure, and really puts my Dack and snowspeeder Luke to shame.

TheDarthVader
08-30-2006, 07:08 PM
HELLO everyone. The dcpi number is 087061799. I put this number in the target price checker...price is $29.99. I do not know the release date, and I do not work at Target. It still shows not in stock at my Target.

Today I picked up the exclusive unleashed Boba Fett. Really nice packaging and worth the $19.79 if you ask me. 087060963 GOOD LUCK

Adam
09-22-2006, 07:16 PM
The Snowspeeder is arriving at stores right now, found mine at work today in the back. :thumbsup:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/agentadam/snowspeeder/MVC-001S.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/agentadam/snowspeeder/MVC-005S.jpg

stillakid
09-22-2006, 09:07 PM
found mine at work today in the back. :bandit:

which is why so many of us can never find things in the front

El Chuxter
09-22-2006, 09:37 PM
What's Prestone?

Darth Instigator
09-22-2006, 10:10 PM
lol, the lube from the back! My kids want one each, OMG I hate lucas

Adam
09-23-2006, 12:31 AM
which is why so many of us can never find things in the front

Hey, I only take one of what I want. I don't think it is wrong. There are still 11 of them there anyway.

The prestone is antifreeze. :P

Mad Slanted Powers
09-26-2006, 07:37 PM
When I was at Wal-Mart, I believe we were told that we weren't supposed to do that. We had to get it from the shelf when we were not working just like any other customer.

Luuuuuuke
09-26-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't mind an employee getting an item from the back as long as he or she isn't abusing their position and getting multiples.

timmae
09-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey, I only take one of what I want. I don't think it is wrong. There are still 11 of them there anyway.

you can have mine. i'm okay with an employee getting one. these will hit the clearance shelf anyway. heck i got a doggy grevious for 3.24.

Jaff
09-27-2006, 01:10 AM

I'm just glad you got one dude, who cares how you got it!

TheDarthVader
09-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm just glad you got one dude, who cares how you got it!

I agree....I got TWO the same way. In your face scalper man! (one to open, one to keep packaged)

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Has anyone had any problem with this one yet? I was very excited to fianlly find one last Thursday, but when I got it home and opened it, there were no stickers inside. Also the landing gear is just hanging limp, like there's no spring! anyone else find this?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Have not seen this one yet. Hopefully it will show up soon.

DarkArtist
10-17-2006, 01:42 PM
picked mine up last night but haven't had a chance to open it yet.

sith_killer_99
10-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I've been passing on mine for a week now.;)

plasticfetish
10-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Saw this the other day at Target... wasn't very impressed. The price really kills the deal for me. That's not a $30 item at all. (And all the boxes I'm seeing are smashed a bit, so I won't be buying one to keep packaged.)

Old Fossil
10-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Has anyone had any problem with this one yet? I was very excited to fianlly find one last Thursday, but when I got it home and opened it, there were no stickers inside. Also the landing gear is just hanging limp, like there's no spring! anyone else find this?

I don't think it's supposed to have any stickers included. Looks like the decor was applied at the factory. And I seem to recall the landing gear on my POTF2 Snowspeeder being kind of loose, too, though I haven't yet dug the old ship out to find out for sure.

BTW, wasn't this thing the very devil to get out of the box?:twisted:

Old Fossil
10-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Saw this the other day at Target... wasn't very impressed. The price really kills the deal for me. That's not a $30 item at all. (And all the boxes I'm seeing are smashed a bit, so I won't be buying one to keep packaged.)

You're probably right. But consider a ship mold of similar size, the ROTS Jedi Starfighter: it retails $20. How much of a price increase would a pack-in figure entail? How much was that TRU exclusive blue Starfighter with pack-in Obi-Wan? Seems like it was around $30. And Zev is an almost entirely new sculpt (the legs have been reused, methinks), unlike the aforementioned Obi, giving the deal a little more added value.

I agree that this isn't a $30 item, but it's not like the price should be surprising or anything. Did you really expect it to be 20 bucks?

mtriv73
10-18-2006, 08:27 AM
I got one and opened it. One major improvement is the air brakes on the top rear of the snowspeeder. They can open up just like they do in the movie when the speeders are banking left or right. They also ditched the tow cable (I guess Zev doesn't last long enough to fire his anyway.)

I look at it as a $20 speeder and a $10 pilot. I think Zev is worth that much. They did use the Dutch Vander body, but they added a lot of nice detail with the skirt like tail of the coat and the neck piece. They even look removable. The neck piece seemed to be stuck on with rubber cement. (I accidentally almost pulled it off when I was looking at the figure.)

I'm happy with mine (I would have been happier at a $25 price point, but maybe I can get a couple more if they ever go on clearance.)

JON9000
10-18-2006, 12:01 PM
ditched the tow cable? To me as a kid, that provided the unique play value of the vehicle. Screw this thing.

Old Fossil
10-18-2006, 01:21 PM
ditched the tow cable? To me as a kid, that provided the unique play value of the vehicle. Screw this thing.

I never liked the tow cable feature. Never worked too well. The only 'play value' feature I miss is the electronics, though I don't think Hasbro had play value in mind when they produced Zev's speeder... this thing was mainly designed to look good on collectors' shelves, and it does that quite nicely.:love:

tagmac
10-18-2006, 06:41 PM
I hadn't planned on getting this, but I found a bunch in Target today, and I thought the sculpt on Zev was great - beats the heck out of the Red Leader sculpt on the X-Wing I thankfully left on the shelves. They also had Kit Fisto's fighter and one each of the Sarlaac Battle and Mace vs. Palpy battle packs, all of which I left on the shelf. The last two are 100% repacks, and they still didn't give Agen Kolar the right saber (his is blue in the movie, not green like the figure). And I have to say, that realistic-looking skiff we saw on the early photos don't look anywhere near that great in person.

Luuuuuuke
10-18-2006, 09:19 PM
I saw 8 of the snowspeeders and about 10 of the Kit Fisto starfighters today. I'm still not buying them. I'm just becoming more picky about what I buy, but they look fine.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Got this today at Target. This is my first Snowspeeder of this scale. I never saw the one with Dack, and I wasn't collecting when the POTF2 version was out. It looks all right in the window box and Zev is one of the better pack-ins they have done. He doesn't seem to have knee or elbow articulation, but the face sculpt and removeable helmet, along with a Dutch Vander style figure make this far better than any other rebel pilot pack-in.

Rogue II
10-20-2006, 03:01 PM
At last, I have the Rogue II Snowspeeder. My wife bought it (and a new pair of sunglasses) for me yesterday. Hasbro really strapped that thing in there with rubber bands and wire. The first thing my daughter says is that she wants one for her Galacitc heros and was dissapointed when I said that they don't make one. Anyway, Like MSP, I skipped the POTF2 version and never saw the Saga/POTJ(?) exlcusive release.

Does the inside of the cockpit look funny to anyone else? Zev can't even reach the controls.

Now if I can just find the Endor troops and Luke...

Kidhuman
10-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I got one yesterdya also. I didnt get either of the releases beforehand. I dont usually buy vehicles but the Zev figure was pretty sweet. Combine the two things, I got one.

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 08:41 PM
I picked this set up last night, it's pretty good, I like it for the most part, I'm not sure why there's that white paint everywhere but oh well. One thing that really bugged me is that the right cannon especially slips out of its socket really easily on mine, I dunno if this happens with anybody else's but on mine it's barely staying in there.

Zev is one of the better pack-ins they have done. He doesn't seem to have knee or elbow articulation...He has universal-jointed knees.

Does the inside of the cockpit look funny to anyone else? Zev can't even reach the controls.Yeah, I've always found that to be a problem, very few details and it's like the whole seat should slide forward (maybe it does and that's why there are those stupid clearbands on the seat... this set has WAY too many clearbands).

I must admit, this doesn't feel like the ultimate snowspeeder mold yet, it's closer and is pretty good, but there are a few details missing, the cockpit isn't that great, the canopy hinge is still crappy, and I'd really like to see them install a smaller sound chip and movable lower airbrakes.

DarkArtist
10-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Okay, does anyone know why the engines turn ? I don't remember this on any of the other snowspeeders. Is it to work the airbrakes because if it is mine doesn't work.

Zev great pack-in would love to see a newly sculpted Luke in Snowspeeder gear. Was a little disappointed that there was no jointed elbows, but overall great figure.

Loved the package and kept the carboard insert for display. Would love top see more of ships done like this. The Dagobah X-Wing is also impressive as far as packaging.

A cool idea but overdone as well would be the Millennium Falcon with perhaps a Hoth background, Mos Eisley background and even a Rebel Hanger background. Of course the Falcon should be redone and in-scale to the FX series X-Wing (Of course we'll never see it.) and perhaps have exlusive versions of either both Han and Chewie or perhaps Lando and Nien Numb.

El Chuxter
10-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Funny, this time around I appear to be the last person to find something. :(

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I didn't notice the engines turning on mine, if that activated the airbrakes it'd be awesome but I think they're just manual and the engines turn because they're not glued down.

BTW, my mild dyslexia made me say the right cannon when in fact the trouble is the left one.

Jayspawn
10-21-2006, 12:09 AM
I have the POTF2 Snowspeeder. Its awesome and the sounds are great. But like in JT's updated Snowspeeder, one of the canons comes loose easily.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2006, 02:19 AM
He has universal-jointed knees.Excellent! That's even better. I couldn't tell since I didn't open mine and the straps cover his knees. I think I can see a joint behind one of them.

Kidhuman
10-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Excellent! That's even better. I couldn't tell since I didn't open mine and the straps cover his knees. I think I can see a joint behind one of them.

You found his personal stash dude.

Slicker
10-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Funny, this time around I appear to be the last person to find something. :(I'm still on the hunt here too, Chux. I'm gonna have to go on a big run today because I really want this one.&

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2006, 11:09 AM
You found his personal stash dude.

Well, that explains why he was shot down.

JediTricks
10-21-2006, 02:37 PM
So, I accidentally got the nozzles to turn, it came off while I was picking it up, the deal is basically that that's how they're assembled, they're pegged in then rotated into a lock-point so they fit flush (since they're at an angle, they only fit 1 way).

I have the POTF2 Snowspeeder. Its awesome and the sounds are great. But like in JT's updated Snowspeeder, one of the canons comes loose easily.That explains it, you and I both missed out on the POTJ boxed set with Dak & Luke, that one is crashed so they changed the cannons to be displayed removed.

TheDarthVader
10-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Well, that explains why he was shot down.

LOL! :D That was a good one, MSP!

Slicker
10-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Finally got my hands on this dang thing. It was well worth the wait too. The snowspeeder looks great, the figure looks great, and the window box looks awesome. Good buy for $30.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-22-2006, 11:47 PM
I saw one tonight. I wasn't sure at first; I thought a dog had pooped on the shelf.

After my expectations from online pics, I was severely let down.

The Snowspeeder itself is far more "plasticy" looking than previous releases, and it was pretty plasticy to begin with. Zev looks like they took the Riekkan head, gave him an orange 'fro, and slapped it on the Luke body.

In short, no way in Hell is this a $30 piece.

I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat if it goes on clearance, but I won't feel like I missed out if it doesn't and I end up without one.

dindae
10-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Okay, does anyone know why the engines turn ? I don't remember this on any of the other snowspeeders. Is it to work the airbrakes because if it is mine doesn't work.

This is just something that has carried from the vintage vehicle. No function just probably easier to sculpt that way. I was disappointed that there wasn't a level of some sort to open the flaps but I got over it quick.

TheDarthVader
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
This is just something that has carried from the vintage vehicle. No function just probably easier to sculpt that way. I was disappointed that there wasn't a level of some sort to open the flaps but I got over it quick.

Don't you mean a leveR? :D

Well guys, once I opened this one up I was not as happy with it. The snowspeeder seems "fragile". I mean it is light weight and the cannons can be pulled off easily. I think the Zev figure is well done, however I believe a better price for this piece would have been $24.99.

Rogue II
11-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Don't be hating the Snowspeeder. Most of you are just jealous that you don't have a figure or a ship named after you. You're all a bunch of jive turkeys.

Anyway, TDV is right. The cannons can be pulled off easily. One of mine doesn't seem to sit properly and kind of aims off to the right.

dindae
11-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Don't you mean a leveR? :D
Ummm .. yes.

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I saw a set last night at Target, looked like it had been mashed in shipping, the left cannon was bent almost 180 so it was facing backwards, VERY strange looking.

SplFrcsCWO
02-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Is this still shipping? My Target had a damaged snowspeeder just before X-mas and I haven't seen any since.

Kidhuman
02-26-2007, 06:19 AM
No, this stopped shipping a little while ago, right before Christmas and the release of the shuttle

DarkArtist
02-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah I was about to say that I haven't seen one since September so I figured that either the production was out or they were all clearenced.

El Chuxter
02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
I was waiting for clearance, and it never happened. Here, at least.

mtriv73
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
There are a couple on e-bay right now for about what they would have cost at Target. One has a BIN price of $25 which isn't bad.

DarkArtist
02-26-2007, 12:11 PM
saw one today at the Milltown Target but Zev was missing and the window box was destroyed. funny thing about it though was that it was still marked at full price.

JEDIpartner
02-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I hate it when stores do that.

Dark Marble
02-26-2007, 02:44 PM
saw one today at the Milltown Target but Zev was missing and the window box was destroyed. funny thing about it though was that it was still marked at full price.

If the packaging is destroyed and it is missing pieces you can take it to Guest Services and they should give you at least 30% off for it. I work for a Target and if a product is damaged or missing stuff usually you can get it at a discount. Strange that it wouldn't have been defected out...

DarkArtist
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
If the packaging is destroyed and it is missing pieces you can take it to Guest Services and they should give you at least 30% off for it. I work for a Target and if a product is damaged or missing stuff usually you can get it at a discount. Strange that it wouldn't have been defected out...

It's actually not the first time I have seen this in Target. I saw one the first time I went looking for the snowspeeder and several times there after. I even saw it sitting on the shelves when I got my snowspeeder. Can't say if it is the same one or not but still frustrating to see that someone bought it, took out the figure and sold it back to the store.
Even this weekend at the K-Mart in East Brunswick, I saw the Jedi Temple Assualt Pack and the clones were replaced with standard #6 ROTS clones. This was the first time I have seen this battlepack on the shelves and it's been replaced by someone's unwanted #6 Clones and at $29.99 it's not right that the store just puts it back out on the shelves.

El Chuxter
02-26-2007, 03:11 PM
It's not right, but the employees don't know better, and aren't paid well enough to care.

DarthQuack
02-26-2007, 03:19 PM
It's not right, but the employees don't know better, and aren't paid well enough to care.

I can vouch for that....pay sucked at Target

DarkArtist
02-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Today I found the Granddaddy of all phony returns :

was in Walmart and found one of their Value Packs on the shevles and looked to see an EP1 Darth Maul with a POTJ IG-88. you could see that the person sliced open the bottom of the plastic carton and replaced the figures with badly damaged carded figures, an to top it all off re-sealed it duck-tape !

I mean c'mon, I not saying every employee knows what product is sold in their stores but to see something like this on the sales floor is a disgrace.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM

was in Walmart and found one of their Value Packs on the shevles and looked to see an EP1 Darth Maul with a POTJ IG-88. you could see that the person sliced open the bottom of the plastic carton and replaced the figures with badly damaged carded figures, an to top it all off re-sealed it duck-tape !

I mean c'mon, I not saying every employee knows what product is sold in their stores but to see something like this on the sales floor is a disgrace.
Hey, that there might be a good deal if you can reuse the duck tape.

abell748
03-02-2007, 08:21 AM
If you need a POTJ IG-88 it is a good deal. My WalMart has the value packs down to $5. I picked up a couple so I could do some opening at $2.50 a pop.

C5Jedi
03-02-2007, 06:43 PM

I agree. That's ridiculous that it got through the customer service return area. You would think that one of the requirements of getting a job at Walmart would to be have a functioning brain and be conscious.

DarkArtist
03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I agree. That's ridiculous that it got through the customer service return area. You would think that one of the requirements of getting a job at Walmart would to be have a functioning brain and be conscious.

Well one could hope for the best.