PDA

View Full Version : Musicland Store Closing List

Ji'dai
06-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Musicland, which operates Media Play, Sam Goody, and Suncoast, declared Chapter 11 earlier this year and plans to close 341 stores nationwide as part of their reorganization.

Fortunately my local Suncoast isn't on the list. Along with Spencers, Suncoast has been my primary source of action figures from SOTA, NECA, DST, Palisades, Mezco, and McFarlane. I'd hate to see them go.

For a list of store closings, check the Musicland website:
http://www.musicland.com/mediainfo.asp

figrin bran
06-27-2006, 10:48 PM
my local suncoast doesn't even really stock collectibles and figures anymore which is sad considering that they used to get in their share of bust ups, lotr trilogy, muppets palisades and other stuff.

Darth Jax
06-27-2006, 11:11 PM
my media play, suncoast and sam goody stores all closed within the last year. anything that isn't available from target or wally world (TRU and KB Toys nearby closed also) i have to resort to the internet for. i'd rather find something locally and pay sales tax than purchase from an e-tailer.

seanmcfripp
06-28-2006, 09:02 AM
I can't even remember the last time I walked into one of those places, and I'm pretty sure the mall in my town has both a Sam Goody and a Suncoast. Star Wars stuff comes through those places a little too sporadically for me to consider them legitimate hunting grounds. I did manage to get a red ARC trooper commander by accident at a Suncoast a few years ago, but that's been the extent of my success.

Ji'dai
06-30-2006, 01:03 PM
My Suncoast has had a sparse selection for the last year but they've recently gotten in new shipments. They got several cases of Pirates of the Caribbean Series 2, but I don't know how in the world they're going to move all those figures from such a boring wave.

I was hoping to see some Buffy figures back on the shelves this summer for a chance to get some of Previews Exclusive chase figs.

El Chuxter
06-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I guess years of charging $19.98 for the same CD you can get at the Target a block away for only $8.99 finally caught up to them. :)

Ji'dai
06-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah, their movies/music product isn't exactly competitively-priced. I've never bought anything besides figures or trend merchandise in all the years I've shopped in those stores.

UKWildcat
06-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I rarely shop at the not-so-local Suncoast in my area because it is about 30 minutes away. I was actually kinda hoping this one would be closing because they clearance almost everything and some really good deals can be had on dvds, umds, cds, figures, etc.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-30-2006, 11:15 PM
The list on that site is an Excel file, and I don't have anything to open it with. My version of Appleworks can't open Excel files. I had a demo of Mariner Calc, but the demo time ran out and I deleted it. I don't have much room left to reinstall it. Is Suncoast in Bellingham, WA on the list?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Suncoast and Sam Goody were always overpriced and stores I rarely ventured into. Media Play had some good deals going and in Western New York where I lived, there were the only major retail chain store that specialized in books, movies and music but they went belly up shortly after Christmas this year. Can we partly blame Wal-Mart for helping to kill these stores?

UKWildcat
07-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Is Suncoast in Bellingham, WA on the list?

Doesn't appear so MSP. These are the only Suncoast stores they listed in WA.

3222 Suncoast SEA TAC MALL FEDERAL WAY WA 98003

3231 Suncoast SOUTHCENTER MALL SEATTLE WA 98188

3507 Suncoast NORTHGATE MALL SEATTLE WA 98125

Mad Slanted Powers
07-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Thanks. I don't shop there much anymore. I think the only SW figure I got there was the Darth Maul Sith Apprentice, because the only one I had seen before that had a damaged card. I got a fair amount of LOTR figures there though.