PDA

View Full Version : Just a story I wanted to share

Darth Cruel
06-28-2006, 12:02 AM
When I was a kid...Star Wars came out. I lived in a small town in North Dakota. A very nice small town I might add. The town had 1 theater that showed 1 movie at a time (except for the occasional double feature). That is where I saw Star Wars. And to remember it...I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have been back to ND for visits often enough, but I had not been back to that particular town for a VERY long time as all my family moved from there. But on a whim, and without any thought or expectation, I did eventually make a trip to Langdon to check out the old stomping grounds. And it just happened to be during the theater release of The Phantom Menace, and that very movie was playing at The Roxy (yes that is the theater's real name...or was). I knew it was fate and fully intended to go there to watch that movie...but I could not get back there due to a very busy schedule of visiting relatives in the other towns they live in. I kind of regret not getting to see EI there.

On a side note...on a subsequent trip to ND (like 3 years later), I saw a documentary on TLC or Discovery, one or the other, about the deadliest highways in the U.S. Interestingly enough...the highway that goes through the town I lived in at the time (Adelanto, CA) was showcased on that documentary as being the second deadliest in the nation. Then, when I got home to Adelanto, I saw a documentary on crop circles on one of those channels and...believe it or not...Langdon ND was showcased on that one for some crop circles that were found in the field of one of the local farmers from there. I called my sister to tell her it was on and she was already watching (or had watched) it.

Just a couple of incredible coincidences I thought I would share.

bobafrett
06-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Freaky to say the least!