PDA

View Full Version : how do i do this ang thing...?

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-28-2006, 10:10 PM
I have a question, i just wen tot my micheal's, and i pcked up some scuply#3, but i hade to bake in my oven, but the reason i need it is because one of my clones has a loose head, and i going to give him have the markings of a 212th airborne clone trooper, but, my sculpy #3 requires it to be baked in the oven so i cant cook it, so is there another type of sculpy that hardens over time, and dosn't leave much residue so i can remove it and inter-change it with the normal clone trooper head? oh, and does any one have a mold for making a airborne trooper head? or instructions for making one of those heads? mine sucks, so if anyone has the advice i really need the help.

figrin bran
06-29-2006, 01:02 AM
my sculpting skills are terrible and so even though i would love the airborne trooper head, i don't think i'm up for doing it.

however, when i need to sculpt extensions or cover up something on my custom figures, i use epoxy putty. you can find this in the plumbing section of target or your local hardware store. you can mold it, knead it, sculpt it for up to 10 minutes or so and then it starts to harden. once hardened, you can do some sanding to it if you didn't do a great job with the sculpt. hopefully this helps you out somewhat.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-29-2006, 12:05 PM
my scupling skill suck to, i need to fin a mold, ill cast it in white what-ever u said and then add details once its casted and sculped, so if any1 could provide me with a mold, it would be appreciated. and if your gnenerous and will send me a mold or the head, this is what a air borne clone look's like. http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/explore/sithsnap/2005/12/img/ep3_ia_96848.jpg

this is the offical star wars reference shot, pm me if you need my adress for shipping and what the shipping costs are. thanks, any help would be appreciated

mastermatt24
06-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Aight.. First off, I never bake sculpy any more. I ruined two figures in the oven while trying to bake the crap and then found out that you can boil the stuff. This works great, just plop it in a little pot full of water and let it cook until its hard (time varies- although its usually about 2-3mins). And remember- you can always sculpt stuff on to a head and then use an exacto and fix it up later.

Second- As for your air born head- there was a guy over in the RS fourms in the custom section that was making casts of his which was really good. I contacted him when he first offered them and I never got a reply ( and people have pics up of there finished ones..) SO.. it may be useless to contact him, HOWEVER, you could always just wait for Windu's battle pack and the prudy pink one thats in there.

shammykenobi
06-29-2006, 10:05 PM
You can boil sculpey?!?!? wow...I wished i would have known that a few months ago...I too ruined a figure by placing it in the oven...but i also finally figured out that if you put your figure on a piece of wood and then place in in the oven, it turns out alot better...I was just placing them on the rack or a pan and that was causing some problems...also, I know that the package says to bake it on 275 farhenheit for 15 minutes for every 6mm of thickness or something like that...but if you preheat the oven to the full 275 before putting your figure in then that turns out disasterous...i had one figures chest puff out pretty bad from overheating....so if you just put the figure in as soon as you turn on the oven, then you will be in good shape.

mastermatt24
06-29-2006, 10:35 PM
You can boil sculpey?!?!?
Yes. It works out fine it is much easier. Just please remember to use tongs or two forks or whatever to get it out of the water, as not to burn yourself.

figrin bran
06-30-2006, 02:51 AM
i think the RS guy that was making the molds couldn't meet all the demands and so he isn't offering them any longer.

oops i forgot to mention about boiling sculpy! which reminds me that i need to mold and boil the head for the CW animated aayla project of mine.

mastermatt24
06-30-2006, 04:11 AM
Its alright, to be honest I really dont really care about it anymore :p

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-30-2006, 08:15 PM
actully, i dont put my figures in the oven,i mold the things onto the figure then when im finished i carefully remove the things then bake them, but i dont think it is a good idea to boil figures, and im probably not going to try it, and any other people on rs or sir steve's that is offering a airborn head mold?

El Chuxter
06-30-2006, 08:53 PM
The only customs I've made, I've boiled. You have to use a wooden spoon or chopsticks to make sure the figure doesn't touch the bottom or sides of the pot, though.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-30-2006, 09:14 PM
please u guys im not interested in boiling or cooking my figures im just wondering if any1 on rs or sir steve's is offereing an airborne clone head or mold, cokking or boiling my figures would onl be a last resort, and if i cant find an airborne head mold or the actual head for sale i might jus not even make an airborne

Reefer Shark
06-30-2006, 10:49 PM
You don't have to cook, boil, or even sculpt anything. All you have to do is wait until the "Mace Windu's Squadron (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/MaceWinduSquadron.jpg)" battlepack is released, and wallah! You have your Airborne trooper headsculpt! :thumbsup:

You can bet that Hasbro will start pumping out other Airborne variations after this is released too (at least I hope they do).

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-01-2006, 12:01 AM
i probably will buy the windu's sqaud bp but i want to make my own airborne, and i dont want to have to entirly repaint the airborne, plus i alse i dont usally buy more than 1 set, i buy 1, keep it in good shape, and when i put it away, i insert it into the box and put away to keep it's value high, plus i dont want to buy 2 of the battle packs. so i need to know if there is anyone whoe is offereing the airborne mold or head sculpt.

figrin bran
07-01-2006, 02:00 AM
maybe you could try asking on the customizing section of rebelscum's or jedidefender's forums?

mastermatt24
07-01-2006, 02:43 AM
i probably will buy the windu's sqaud bp but i want to make my own airborne, and i dont want to have to entirly repaint the airborne,
Dude comeon, for one it would be heck of a lot easier to just repaint something, and two, your gonna have to paint a head scuplt anyways if you ever find someone to get one for you.
Try contacking Glassman over at RS- maybe he can hook you up.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-01-2006, 09:38 AM
kk u guys, ty!

Reefer Shark
07-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I forgot to mention, I've seen them on ebay here and there. You might want to check there if you haven't already.

But like mastermatt says, you're probably gonna have to paint any Airborne helmet you can find, I don't think your gonna get out of that. So if you have a little patience, waiting for the battlepack would probably be the easiest option.

Yeah, you'll end up spending $20 to $25 on the extra BP, but do you really think you're going to get a custom sculpted head (w/shipping) for much less than that? Plus, you'll get two or three more clones you can use for custom parts (or just to build your troops).

Good luck with your project. :thumbsup:

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
i've all ready painted my figure, so all ill need to do is panint the hlmet, and it only has like, two places you need to paint, so id ather just buy the hemlmet.

mastermatt24
07-02-2006, 08:18 PM
maybe after the battle pack comes out you can email Hasbro and tell them that your dog chewed on your guys's head and ask them if they can send you or you can buy a repacement. It worked for me and my lightsaber tips.

figrin bran
07-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Cody, the thing about buying a head that someone else sculpted is that each clone trooper mold has a different sized neck post and that means that the helmets for #6 clones won't fit on #41 clones. i'm not sure which clone body you're using for the airborne trooper but if you do get a sculpted helmet from someone, make sure it's compatible.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
im using a #6 clone, just like most people. in fact, ill nickname the #6 cloens, "goodl' custom fodder"

mastermatt24
07-03-2006, 06:28 PM
To be honest most people dont use that one. #41 is much better in its articulation and its shoulders dont buldge out so weird.

figrin bran
07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Mastermatt is right, most people use the #41 clones and not #6. after all, wouldn't you want the maximum amount of poseability for your airborne trooper? :)

mastermatt24
07-03-2006, 11:13 PM
(Have I ever been wrong in this thread???? ;) :p )
Besides CmdrCody- Fortyones should be much easier to obtain beings that they were just released again in the saga collection (heros and villans) and I believe are still shipping.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
the problem is, every where i go none of the #41 clones are actully in stock, neither are the clone i need at any rate. so i hve to use the #6 unless any1 is willing me to sed me a #41, wich i dobut anyone will actully do.

figrin bran
07-05-2006, 09:37 PM
well, if you're willing to pay cost + shipping i can pick up an H&V SA Clone for you at TRU

however, my first bit of advice would be to keep on looking on other boards for someone that has sculpted airborne helmets. who knows, someone might've done some for the #6 and you might not need a 41.

mastermatt24
07-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Im gonna just keep quiet for now.... -_-

figrin bran
07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Im gonna just keep quiet for now.... -_-

oooooh look at the invisible post mastermatt just made :p

mastermatt24
07-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Dam- I should change my name to "WizardMatt,MakerOfInvisiblePosts" :p