PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 6

JediTricks
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 3 of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, July 7th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 5 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, vote for it again.

Also, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later edit it, add it to the list, and delete the question's post to keep the thread clutter-free. Try to keep the questions as clear and concise as possible. Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=77).

Questions we're asking this week:
When will we see BG-J38 (from Jabba's palace), CZ-3 (from ANH), Elis Helrot (from the Cantina), LIN-V8K (mining Droid from Tatooine), all kinds of different R5 units, a Vac-metal RA-7 (from tatooine on sand crawler), 2X-3KPR (from the Tatooine), Tonnika Sisters and Wioslea (from Mos Eisley)?
You mentioned "new" vehicles in your 2007 STARFIGHTER lineup, does this mean all those new vehicles are going to be starfighters, or is that just the name of the assortment, perhaps just denoting a size/pricepoint? I know you mentioned you cannot reveal the vehicles at this time, but can you shed some light on if this assortment will include ground vehicles such as Tanks, Sail barges or Walkers?
With so many high-demand characters with speaking roles in the movies that have not yet been made (such as Tey How, Tagge, Ask Aak, Jocasta Nu, Lando in Smuggler's Gear, Queen Jamilla), why do you produce new sculpts, not just re-releases of existing sculpts, for minor characters who were done adequately in the past and who have five seconds or less of screen time (eg, Hammerhead, Garindan, Bossk, Dengar)?
Will Hasbro be doing more 3-figure, movie-accurate diorama Cinema Scenes/Screen Scenes sets?
What are the chances of seeing some or all of the A New Hope holochess pieces done as action figures?
Will we ever see a Moisture Vaporator in toy form?Current questions (vote for up to 3):

- Could we get older creatures like the Bantha, Rancor, etc. re-released, and perhaps a US release of the Eopie Creature from the Episode I line which was only released in non-US countries?
- Could we get a re-release of the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
- Will there be a 5th wave of Star Tours figures?
- Could troop builder figures be made available (indefinitely if possible) on Hasbro Toy Shop after they're taken out of regular circulation?
- Will the 501st Clonetrooper using the Super Articulated body ever be made available on a basic card?
- What is the status of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features?
- What is the status of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
- What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?

- Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
- I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- Are more properties aside from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and Transformers planned for the 3" vehicle and 6" Ultra Titanium lines?
- On the local level Hasbro gets only raw info on which items are selling at major retailers, but not specific trends such as what percentage are kids, collectors, hoarders, scalpers; nor why some figures sell poorly (is it a poor figure or the case ratio). Would Hasbro consider hiring collectors as area representatives for the Star Wars line?
- Will there be more Original Trilogy based 3 3/4" figure battlepacks?
- What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?
- With the recent announced conclusion of the 2006 The Saga Collection, does this also mean the end of the "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and/or a new packaging design for the 2007 series?
- With each figure having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- Which version of the Jedi Starfighter will be offered in the Titanium Series Ultra 6" Vehicle line, the Episode 2 or Episode 3 version?
- What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
- Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
- The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?
- Any chance of getting a Nute Gunray with robes and miter from Episode 2 and 3?
- Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections?
- What's the chance of re-releasing older, harder-to-find figures (such as the Sio Bibble wave, the Admiral Motti wave, etc.)?
- Is there any way that Hasbro Toy Shop could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new product on that site.
- In light of the recent Lucas Family boxset, has there been any consideration given to making other production crew movie cameo figures like Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt from the end sequence on Naboo in The Phantom Menace?
- If a figure made the top 25 of the Fan Choice Poll, does that give the figure more of a chance to be made?
- What are the chances of seeing more "battle-damaged" human characters (such as Qui-Gon, Shmi, and Owen & Beru Lars)? Are they considered too gruesome for release?
- In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke and Obi-Wan figures?
- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Why were there only 5 Vintage-style figures this year, and why was Empire Strikes Back left out of the line-up when there are such candidates as Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, the Hoth incarnations of Han, Luke, & Leia, and even ESB style Boba Fett waiting to be made?
- Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- Removable lightsaber blades so Jedi figures could have saber accessories that were "on" or "off" and could be worn on their belts was a good concept, but this made the blades more fragile. Are there any plans to release Jedi figures - both main characters and secondary - with both solid one piece ignited lightsaber and "off" lightsaber hilt accessories?
- What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- Will Hasbro ever produce a figure of the Imperial Trooper in space at the Death Star trench's guns watching as the Millennium Falcon is being tractored into the Death Star? This is different from the Expanded Universe Spacetrooper.
- What are the chances of Hasbro producing a Millennium Falcon vehicle that's actually in-scale (1/18th) with the action figures? If not, what about at least an all-new, larger Falcon with more interior play areas?
- Are there any plans to make a new Rebel Transport ship as seen in ESB? How about a Cloud Car?
- What's up with the female action figures? Some of the most collectible figures have been Padmes and Leias, yet it seems like Hasbro's policy is that there's no demand for female action figures such as other Padme outfits, AOTC Beru, Yarna d'al Gargan, Toryn Farr, etc.. Why is that? Might previous problems be the case assortments those figures were in?
- Are you planning on releasing any new Neimoidian figures in 2007?
- With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?
- Will the Republic Gunship turret from the 2002 Saga line's Clone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot ever make a comeback? Will there be a version more in scale with the figures?
- Zizzle has released a 2.5-foot-long Black Pearl pirate ship for their Pirates of the Carribean 4" figure line for around $50. In light of this, why hasn't Hasbro done Jabba's Sailbarge yet, especially when Star Wars is the more popular brand?
- What is the selection process for characters to be made into figures, and what is the best way for fans to increase the chances of the release for a certain figure?
- Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop. Vote now, and in separate posts, add new questions!

Devo
06-30-2006, 10:38 PM
4, 15, 37

Come to think of it, my question number 31 is pretty much void now, what with the new list of Vintage figures most of which are based off of ESB. You could pretty much remove it JediTricks. I expect its not merely a rumour and that Bespin Luke and Han, snowtrooper and Bossk are in fact being done.

JediTricks
06-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I was going to strike #16 from the list as Hasbro answered another site's question about the holograms continuing, but their answer was "possibly" which isn't particularly satisfactory, and the question didn't ask about the cardback change, so I'm going to leave it for now.

Come to think of it, my question number 31 is pretty much void now, what with the new list of Vintage figures most of which are based off of ESB. You could pretty much remove it JediTricks. I expect its not merely a rumour and that Bespin Luke and Han, snowtrooper and Bossk are in fact being done.It's still a rumor at this point, so I'm gonna leave it in case anybody wants confirmation on it, or an explanation as to why it was left out of this year's VTSC line. If readers are satisfied with the strength of the rumor, they won't vote for it, but I'll leave it up to them.

doch18
07-01-2006, 12:01 AM
I'll go:
# 3

JediTricks
07-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Oh man, how embarassing is this? I beg the readers to vote, I praise you guys who do vote, I pointed out that even 1 vote one way or the other can (and every week so far, DID) make a difference as to what gets asked... and last week I forgot to vote. :p

This week, I will vote for:

6) Action Fleet

23) Naboo Fighter w/ chrome

36) A better Millennium Falcon

El Chuxter
07-01-2006, 10:34 AM
#26, per Caesar's request.

21) The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?

40) What's up with the female action figures? Some of the most collectible figures have been Padmes and Leias, yet it seems like Hasbro's policy is that there's no demand for female action figures such as other Padme outfits, AOTC Beru, Yarna d'al Gargan, Toryn Farr, etc.. Why is that? Might previous problems be the case assortments those figures were in?

C'mon, y'all, show some love for the Teekster. :p

Turbowars
07-01-2006, 11:13 AM
OK I just woke up, but what's this mean. I thought we had to vote. Are we a week behind in questions and I thought we just were able to ask 3 questions.

"Questions we're asking this week:

When will we see BG-J38 (from Jabba's palace), CZ-3 (from ANH), Elis Helrot (from the Cantina), LIN-V8K (mining Droid from Tatooine), all kinds of different R5 units, a Vac-metal RA-7 (from tatooine on sand crawler), 2X-3KPR (from the Tatooine), Tonnika Sisters and Wioslea (from Mos Eisley)?
You mentioned "new" vehicles in your 2007 STARFIGHTER lineup, does this mean all those new vehicles are going to be starfighters, or is that just the name of the assortment, perhaps just denoting a size/pricepoint? I know you mentioned you cannot reveal the vehicles at this time, but can you shed some light on if this assortment will include ground vehicles such as Tanks, Sail barges or Walkers?
With so many high-demand characters with speaking roles in the movies that have not yet been made (such as Tey How, Tagge, Ask Aak, Jocasta Nu, Lando in Smuggler's Gear, Queen Jamilla), why do you produce new sculpts, not just re-releases of existing sculpts, for minor characters who were done adequately in the past and who have five seconds or less of screen time (eg, Hammerhead, Garindan, Bossk, Dengar)?
Will Hasbro be doing more 3-figure, movie-accurate diorama Cinema Scenes/Screen Scenes sets?
What are the chances of seeing some or all of the A New Hope holochess pieces done as action figures?
Will we ever see a Moisture Vaporator in toy form?"

El Chuxter
07-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Steve runs this site and actionfigs.com, so we're able to get six questions asked in a week. :)

2-1B
07-01-2006, 11:42 AM

come on Chux, vote for 26...I should cancel my Teek vote unless you vote McCallum. :mad:

El Chuxter
07-01-2006, 12:17 PM
A'ight, I edited my post.

Slicker
07-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I'll have to go with:

and

Battle Droid
07-01-2006, 12:57 PM
5, 22, and 39.

Kidhuman
07-01-2006, 01:14 PM
24, 28, 38 are my picks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2006, 01:36 PM
24, 28, and 29.

Kidhuman
07-01-2006, 02:49 PM
This question was posed by a member of myspace on the actionfigs.com page.

Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?

JediTricks
07-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Question 41 added.

In the future, please do not edit your vote posts, if I have already counted your vote before you edit it, I wouldn't notice it and thus your edited vote wouldn't count.

40) What's up with the female action figures? ...That one is #38 actually, so I counted your vote as that.

OK I just woke up, but what's this mean. I thought we had to vote. Are we a week behind in questions and I thought we just were able to ask 3 questions.Yes, you are limited to 3 votes. The reason I list 6 asked questions is that I can ask 3 questions per website, and I also report on Steve's ActionFigs.com so I split our questions between the 2. The reason I don't ask you to vote on 6 is that I felt it'd be tiring and confusing for some voters, I want the spectrum of questions to represent as many people as possible, and it'd make it more difficult for me to tally the vote count. If you can think of a good argument for 6 votes, LMK.

Kidhuman
07-01-2006, 03:10 PM
I think voting for 3 eachx and taking the top 6 is a good idea. This way its a good variety. Like listing your top 20 out of a list of 50.

Tycho
07-01-2006, 06:03 PM
1: status of an American release for the Eopie beast (with I don't care who)
How about Obi-Wan, young Owen, young Beru, baby Luke accessory? A battle pack if you will (in general terms). Considering Owen's feelings about Obi-Wan, you could call it "The Family Feud."

It leaves out Cliegg, I know - but it gets out an Eopie.

36: A scale Falcon toy (or big enough for a more detailed interior and 4-seat cockpit)

37: the Cloud Car and Rebel Transport updates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

New Question: Why isn't a Mouse Droid being considered as a pack-in for every new figure? :crazed:

2-1B
07-01-2006, 06:13 PM
A'ight, I edited my post.

thanks, I didn't think my strongarm tactics would actually work. :D

JediTricks
07-02-2006, 02:49 AM
1: status of an American release for the Eopie beast (with I don't care who)
How about Obi-Wan, young Owen, young Beru, baby Luke accessory? A battle pack if you will (in general terms). Considering Owen's feelings about Obi-Wan, you could call it "The Family Feud."

It leaves out Cliegg, I know - but it gets out an Eopie.They answered a question about doing a young Owen & Beru & Cliegg screen scene type thing with a resounding "not at this time", so that kinda puts a hamper on them.

Tycho
07-02-2006, 02:53 AM
They answered a question about doing a young Owen & Beru & Cliegg screen scene type thing with a resounding "not at this time", so that kinda puts a hamper on them.

Maybe they hadn't considered it for an Eopie release.

Think about it - they love to rehash stuff for that - and here's a beast that's small enough and was never available in American markets - and they don't even have to bother with sculpting and tooling it (unlike Aurra Sing's speederbike or Obi-Wan's Geonosian capture device), plus they can keep re-packing that Obi-Wan, while meanwhile they sell two figures that they fear would ordinarily pegwarm.

However, I never saw Shmi Skywalker pegwarm.

Turbowars
07-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Thanks.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-02-2006, 06:35 PM
4 - Troop builders from Hasbro
27 - Are poll figures more likely to be made
38 - Female figures

SpartansOnFire
07-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Will the turret from the 2002 Saga line's Clone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot ever make a come back? if so will there be a more 3 3/4 scale version?

Darth Jax
07-02-2006, 10:36 PM
3, 12, & 38 please

Tycho
07-03-2006, 02:42 AM
NEW QUESTION:

Have you seen Zizzle's 2 1/2' long Black Pearl Pirate Ship for POTC? Why is Jabba the Hutt's sailbarge yet to be done in light of this? Isn't Star Wars the stronger brand?

Rogue II
07-03-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't know if it has been asked already, but...

What is the selection process for characters to be made into figures and what is the best way for fans to increase the chances of the release for a certain figure?

Tycho
07-03-2006, 01:38 PM
It's kind of been asked Rogue. They say "keep voting for a character / posting in forums threads that you want him or her."

That's how we got Wuher and Jek Porkins for some examples.

JediTricks
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Questions 42 - 44 added.

Spartans & Rogue II, I counted your questions as your first votes, you each have 2 more vote slots this week.

Rogue, it hasn't been asked in this "Hasbro Q&A" thing yet that I know of, so I figure if folks want to hear it again they can vote for it, maybe we'll get a better answer.

SpartansOnFire
07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks again!

Rogue II
07-04-2006, 12:34 AM
It's kind of been asked Rogue. They say "keep voting for a character / posting in forums threads that you want him or her."

That's how we got Wuher and Jek Porkins for some examples.

Thanks, Tycho. I must have missed that one.

And as for my other 2 votes:

mark2d2
07-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Okay, here is my vote....

3 - Will there be a 5th wave of Star Tours figures?

37- Are there any plans to make a new Rebel Transport ship as seen in ESB? How about a Cloud Car?

38- What's up with the female action figures? Some of the most collectible figures have been Padmes and Leias, yet it seems like Hasbro's policy is that there's no demand for female action figures such as other Padme outfits, AOTC Beru, Yarna d'al Gargan, Toryn Farr, etc.. Why is that? Might previous problems be the case assortments those figures were in?

PS -- Can't wait to hear the answer to the Sandcrawler Droids question... I have a sneaking suspician (gut feeling only, no Hasbro insider access here) that the droid coming out with the Jawa will be CZ-3. But I will buy any that they put out with open arms... Obviously Wed-15 "Septoid 2" would make an outstanding toy. . . but even the black domed mining droid could be something truly special -- as there is behind the scenes footage of this droid showing that once the dome is removed there is loads upon loads of detail under there. . . And that the dome was actually like a dark smoky glass or plastic with some see-thru clarity. (For anyboyd curious, this footage is on the Making of Star Wars VHS of the 1970s tv special that was a Kelloggs mail-away some years back. . .)

JediTricks
07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Tycho. I must have missed that one.It wasn't an answer in these Q&As, it was something they said a couple years ago.

Mark, I knew the dome was clear, you can see lights moving underneath in the movie... barely.

Jangu Fett
07-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Hasbro will not comment on anything concerning the 3 3/4 inch figures. So how about asking something else?

6,7, and 12.

I'll be holding my breath waiting for a answer...:rolleyes:

Umbra
07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
33)
40)
41)

thanks

El Chuxter
07-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Once again, I'd like to keep my votes the same, but toss another one out for next week:

"On hasbrotoyshop.com, there is currently a 12-pack of the Heroes and Villains assortment, with one each of twelve figures at a quite reasonable average cost (before taxes and shipping) of $6.67 each. Will you continue to offer sets of one of each of the figures from future assortments?"

Banthaholic
07-06-2006, 12:16 AM
3. Star Tours (would be all three of my picks if could be), though if this one is asked refer them to this thread http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31787 so that even if they just give a quick no, at least the powers that be might think and say, you know there might be some options.

21. The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?

34. - What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?

mtriv73
07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
I would like answers to:

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Once again, I'd like to keep my votes the same, but toss another one out for next week:

"On hasbrotoyshop.com, there is currently a 12-pack of the Heroes and Villains assortment, with one each of twelve figures at a quite reasonable average cost (before taxes and shipping) of $6.67 each. Will you continue to offer sets of one of each of the figures from future assortments?"I need clarification on this one as I'm not sure I understand. We know they're going to continue doing various "Greatest Hits" style lines, and the case assortments seem to be fairly balanced. Before I can add that question is, are you asking about ONLY greatest hits-style cases or new cases too, are you asking about each-figure-in-the-wave assortments or whole cases?

vader68
07-06-2006, 05:11 PM

El Chuxter
07-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm asking about future "one of every figure" sets, which would be really nice to make available through hasbrotoyshop.com. They've been doing this with GIJoes (often including an extra army builder or two), but this is the first time I've seen them do so with SW. Especially given the relatively low cost, this could save a lot of us a great deal of driving around.

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Question 45 added.

I'm asking about future "one of every figure" sets, which would be really nice to make available through hasbrotoyshop.com. They've been doing this with GIJoes (often including an extra army builder or two), but this is the first time I've seen them do so with SW. Especially given the relatively low cost, this could save a lot of us a great deal of driving around. Ok, I see what you mean. With Star Wars, the only sets they've offered have been full cases, they don't advertise them as such but the VTSC cases where you got 2 full sets was a case, and the SW Heroes & Villains 12 pack is just the regular Heroes & Villains wave 1 case (there's 1 of each figure there), so far they haven't done anything special like what you're suggesting with the Star Wars line. However, I think I've put together a question that explains it to their guy without using examples that they might not understand. My wording felt a little off, so if you want to make any corrections just LMK.

Jargo
07-07-2006, 07:46 AM

If hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Fighter craft are all very well but not all of us want war based toys. Civillian craft make up a large part of the star wars universe and it would be nice to see some more.

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Mr Dpants, is that a new question or just musings? (that is why I asked for new questions to be in separate posts, I can't always tell.) LMK in the next-week's one and if it's a new question I'll add it.

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
That's it for round 6. Your votes have yet again determined which questions we'll be asking Hasbro today, so thanks to everybody who voted and added questions. All question posts will be undeleted now that thread clutter is no longer an issue. A new thread for voting on next week's questions will be up soon.