PDA

View Full Version : New SWTF in 2007!

Jangu Fett
06-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Finally some good news from Hasbro. This from actionfigs.com Q&A.

Q - What is the status of the Star Wars Transformers line, will there be more sets, and if so, when and what next? If no, why not?

A - It's too early to reveal details, but yes, SW TF will continue into 2007 with new vehicles.

Now I know this line isn't the most liked line, but I like them. They are the closest thing to the original Action Fleet. That Hasbro is releasing. And until SOMEONE asks Hasbro at these weekly Q&As about their plans for the Micro Machines and Action Fleet. And on these Forums, this is the best news we've had in a really long time. IMO.:thumbsup: :pleased:

El Chuxter
06-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm not making a judgment call on the line, but are the sales in other areas decent enough to justify Hasbro's continued production of these? They're all pegwarming fairly strongly around here.

Reefer Shark
06-30-2006, 09:10 PM
They seem to move around here. It just seems like they're clogging the pegs because they're always restocked. That's just around here though, not sure how these guys do in other areas.

Jangu Fett
06-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Quess so. They go pretty fast in my area. And kids seem to like them.?.

And besides, I'd rather see more SWTF then those horrid Custom Choppers. I mean the SWTF are not the best toys Hasbro has done, but, they are also not the worst.

Reefer Shark
06-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I like 'em, they're fun! I have all of them so far, and will probably continue getting them as long as the line doesn't get too big. I'd like to see it stop after a few more waves.

El Chuxter
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Okay, just curious. Collectors around here don't always seem to be like collectors everywhere else, so I wasn't sure how these were doing over the rest of the country.

I don't like these, but I can see how you and other folks can. As long as they're not making more Custom Choppers, which I doubt anyone wants, I'm happy. Oh, and they have to bring back Unleashed, too, which it appears they're doing. :D

Reefer Shark
06-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I don't know of (or heard of) one person that's bought any of those god-awful choppers. The SWTF's are fun in kind of a wierd way, but I could see why a lot of people would pass on them. The choppers are just a pure abomination :Ogre:

JediTricks
07-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I was glad to be able to post that answer, when I saw the Q&A emails today the SSG answers made me really mad and then the AF ones made me sorta happy. I like this line, it's definitely not perfect but it's got some real fun to it.

TRU they move slowly, but Target & WM they move better, in my area anyway.

BTW, on MM and AF questions, vote for them in the thread and if I get enough votes (generally just 4 or 5 for the week) they'll get asked.

Warstar
07-03-2006, 12:38 AM
They are the closest thing to the original Action Fleet. That Hasbro is releasing.

And the 6" Ultra Titanium Series ships are...what, chopped liver?

Heh :p

Only thing they're missing are the mini-figs (and the Slave 1 DOES come with one...)

At any rate, I do like the TF's, but I am surprised to hear the line isn't dead...

We'll see what Hasbro has in store, I suppose. (No pun intended ;))

Kidhuman
07-03-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm not making a judgment call on the line, but are the sales in other areas decent enough to justify Hasbro's continued production of these? They're all pegwarming fairly strongly around here.

They pretty much warm out here, they sell slightly better then the unleashed battle packs though.

JediTricks
07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
And the 6" Ultra Titanium Series ships are...what, chopped liver?

Heh :p

Only thing they're missing are the mini-figs (and the Slave 1 DOES come with one...)Non-removable crap-statues do not a mini-fig make. They're also missing the features and interiors of the original line, look at that ARC-170 for example.

Warstar
07-06-2006, 12:02 AM
...True, true...

But I do like how the Ultra's surprise me now and then. I thought that the side of my Snowspeeder was broken or had a bad seam until I realized that you can take off the side panel and there is some engine/blaster detail inside...kinda' neat. The seam went away when I replaced the panel. The area under the brake flaps is cool too- but I digress...

...I just wonder how long it will be before the SW TF's devolve into repaint after repaint- I mean we already have 2 of them (Anakin/Obi-Wan, Boba/Jango)...what's next? Dagobah Luke X-Wing? Blue ARC-170? I dunno.

I'm optimistic about the line continuing- I just hope it's done right!

I wonder if they might try a smaller scale, too? Hmmm...or maybe bigger- like a transforming Death Star the size of the Armada/Energon Unicron! That might be kinda neat if done right :)

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I haven't experienced the TS Ultra Snowspeeder yet, I have one on layaway for a friend and when I get it out I'll be able to check it out then. I'd be surprised if Hasbro dumped all the great detailing under the airbrakes from the AF one though.

I doubt they'll do a smaller scale of SWTFs, but as for larger, look no further than the Falcon out on shelves now, and the Imp Shuttle is way out of scale. :p

Banthaholic
07-06-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm glad to see the line continue, even if I can't afford the space to start a new line. Though if they come out with a Jabba's Sailbarge for this line and not for the 3 3/4" line so help us :)

Jangu Fett
07-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm just upset we won't see any new SWTF for 5 months.:sad: I hope we get Grevious's Starfighter, with a better mini Grevious.

And for the record, if they do make another deluxe set. I say it will be General Veers and a Snowtrooper that combine into the AT-AT. I'd bet a number of the lines haters would even get that.:thumbsup:

Battle Droid
07-07-2006, 10:26 AM
It be better if it was an AT-AT Dirver and General Veers.:p

plasticfetish
07-08-2006, 02:16 AM
I've seen these selling at just about every store I visit... slowly, but they do sell. I think Reefer Shark is right about them being restocked pretty often.
I like this line, it's definitely not perfect but it's got some real fun to it.I have to admit, as much as I've bad-mouthed this line, and as much as I still don't really care for it, my son friggin' loves the two SWTFs that he's got so far.

They're well built, they look good (in vehicle form anyway), and they're fun to play with. I could see this line carrying on for a while longer, as long as they don't do the thing that's made me tired of the regular Transformers lines -- oversaturate the market with so many characters and variations, that you could never possibly keep up.

Jangu Fett
07-08-2006, 10:22 AM
I hope Hasbro shows some of the new SWTF at SDCC, later this month. There are so many charaters I 'd love to see done. Seeing as there were never any Action Fleet made for AOTC or ROTS. Zam Wesell, Count Dooku, Super Battle Droid, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, and Aayla Secura. And all the Clone Commanders ( Gree, Cody, Bacura, etc ) And a number of the different clone troopers. It's not like there a shortage, right? I mean the 501st, Utapau, and my personal favorite the camo armored Kashyyyk Scout Troopers. And I don't really care what they transform into, IMO all the jedi can turn into their respective Jedi Interceptors. Heck, Hasbro can even redo Obi-WAn and Anakin, with their second Interceptors. The blue, and green ones they use in the later part of Revenge. I'm still dying to know if we'll see a V-Wing Starfighter. I know we'll see one for the 3 3/4" figures, but I want a AF scale version.

Oh, and to stop any correcting coments. Yes Hasbro did made some AOTC AF. But I'm talking the TRUE ACTION FLEET, with mini-figures and play features.;)

JediTricks
07-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Hasbro never made Action Fleet for Ep 2, that was just a bad dream we all shared.

Jangu Fett
07-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Really???? AWESOME that means, a dream of mine became real!!!!!

I always wanted AF Slave-1 painted like Jango's. And I didn't paint one of my Boba Fett's. But were is the mini-figure of Jango?

Now if only I can find where that MM Eclipse Star Destroyer is that I dreamed of.

Jangu Fett
10-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Has anyone else heard the rumors for 1 of the new SWTF sets due next year? I read something from 2 other sites saying we may be getting a Unicron sized Death Star/Darth Vader. I'm a little upset it's not the Emporer, allthough, he can change into a slighty larger Death Star II:yes: I hope HAsbro also does some EU ships. I'd love to see the Ebon Hawk/Carth Onasi - Bastilla Shan.:love:

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-15-2006, 02:30 PM
If they do EU they should make the Death Star II / IG88........I would pay 50 dollars for one:thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't believe that rumor at all, it flies in the face of how Hasbro behaves, and with stores - especially Target - piling those damn Falcon SWTFs up to the rafters I doubt they'll ever pull another larger vehicle in this line again.

El Chuxter
10-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't believe that rumor at all, it flies in the face of how Hasbro behaves, and with stores - especially Target - piling those damn Falcon SWTFs up to the rafters I doubt they'll ever pull another larger vehicle in this line again.

On behalf of the SWTF haters everywhere, we hate to say it, but we all told you so.

Jangu Fett
10-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah, but didn't you also say the line wouldn't last a year?

JediTricks
10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
On behalf of the SWTF haters everywhere, we hate to say it, but we all told you so.No you didn't, you never mentioned the Falcon or larger-boxed items. The regular line is continuing, so you didn't tell us so there either. You're just a hater with nothing new to say, haw haw!

BountyHunterScum
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Really???? AWESOME that means, a dream of mine became real!!!!!

I always wanted AF Slave-1 painted like Jango's. And I didn't paint one of my Boba Fett's. But were is the mini-figure of Jango?

Now if only I can find where that MM Eclipse Star Destroyer is that I dreamed of.

So far only the Executor has been made, plastic and metal wise. The Eclipse would be cool.

Dominic Guglieme
10-18-2006, 12:20 PM
On behalf of the SWTF haters everywhere, we hate to say it, but we all told you so.

How dare you speak for all of us? I have no problem saying "ahahahahahahahahaha the line is hurting." In fact, my only problem is that it is not dying fast enough. :yes:

El Chuxter
10-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm sorry. I must've been misinformed at the meeting of SWTF Haters of America. :p

JediTricks
10-18-2006, 02:28 PM
The line is selling pretty well right now, so you guys will have to eat it for a few more waves at least. :p

Tenric78
10-19-2006, 01:48 PM
The line is selling pretty well right now, so you guys will have to eat it for a few more waves at least. :p

Damn! I'm new around here so I'm sure this has been said before, but I really hate how they turn into actual star wars-like characters. I'd love this line if they transformed into robots like the rest of the transformers universe. So I guess count me in on the hater side.

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 03:49 PM
The packaging confuses the issue, but the concept is that they're transforming mechs a la Robotech, not self-aware robots. Darth Vader's TIE turns into a mech that looks like him and which he pilots, but is not a giant version of him.

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 03:53 PM
JT, I believe that officially constitutes giving this concept far too much thought.

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Um... what? It comes with little mini-figures, they often have separate specific cockpits in mech mode, it says they're mechs on the packaging (the bios notwithstanding) - not exactly a tough nut to crack.

Tenric78
10-23-2006, 11:34 PM
I never realized that. I don't know if that makes it dumber or less dumb. I'm leaning towards less dumb at the moment, because I really can't stand the idea of a bunch of robots running around looking like star wars characters. Then again, why would they want the ships to turn into themselves? Isn't that a little conceited? Yeah, I pilot a 30 foot effigy to myself. I'm so freaking awesome.

Jangu Fett
10-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Keep the line the same, or change it up. It's all good to me. Although, I have said before, I'd love to see a Cybertron Supreme Starscream with mini pilot figure of Anakin/Vader or Jango/Boba Fett. I'm still waiting for Hasbro to do G.I. Joe Transformers. The comics are pretty good. And who wouldn't want Optimus Prime with a mini Snake-Eyes pilot?

JediTricks
10-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I never realized that. I don't know if that makes it dumber or less dumb. I'm leaning towards less dumb at the moment, because I really can't stand the idea of a bunch of robots running around looking like star wars characters. Then again, why would they want the ships to turn into themselves? Isn't that a little conceited? Yeah, I pilot a 30 foot effigy to myself. I'm so freaking awesome. I dunno, to identify which robots are friend vs foe? To inspire fear in your enemies? Because Lucasfilm wouldn't allow their property to take a back seat to other characters?

Tenric78
10-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Keep the line the same, or change it up. It's all good to me. Although, I have said before, I'd love to see a Cybertron Supreme Starscream with mini pilot figure of Anakin/Vader or Jango/Boba Fett. I'm still waiting for Hasbro to do G.I. Joe Transformers. The comics are pretty good. And who wouldn't want Optimus Prime with a mini Snake-Eyes pilot?

That would be really cool! Did you know there is a transformer that looks remarkably similar to a GI Joe Snow vehicle? I think the transformers name is Sno-cat. I could be wrong though. When I saw him I got all kinds of excited. Nerd excited!

JediTricks
10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
There is a Transformers figure based on the GI Joe: RAH Snowcat vehicle, and the TF character is named Snow Cat (it's in the TF:Energon line), but unfortunately they only really got the cockpit section right, the rest not as much, the Snowcat was among my favorite Joe vehicles so I was excited that there was a TF version... until I got it. :p

darthvyn
11-10-2006, 08:33 AM
they should make a "spaceball 1" that turns into "megamaid"... i'd buy that!!!!

Jangu Fett
11-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh, yeah.:thumbsup: With a mini Dark Helmet. Stores would not be able to keep those in stock.

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 10:39 AM
How about Lonestar and Barf that combine to form a space Winnebago?

Rogue II
11-10-2006, 10:41 AM
they should make a "spaceball 1" that turns into "megamaid"... i'd buy that!!!!

That would be awesome. I'd buy that before I bought a SWTF.

BountyHunterScum
11-13-2006, 11:57 PM
That would be awesome. I'd buy that before I bought a SWTF.

I quit buying SWTF, I hope they do a Star Destroyer of some sort. Please not the Venator though I've had enough of that bullsh-t.

sergiurusu
11-22-2006, 03:24 AM
I'd like to get this CW TF ARC-170. Looks pretty cool!

BountyHunterScum
12-20-2006, 03:55 PM
I'd like to get this CW TF ARC-170. Looks pretty cool!

I saw that yesterday, nice paint job.

Jangu Fett
01-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Has anyone heard of any rumored or confirmed SWTF for 2007? And what about Hasbro doing EU SWTF? A number of people, are quessing that many of 2007 SWTF will be EU. I hope thats true.

JediTricks
01-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Hasbro has confirmed on multiple occasions that SWTF will be continuing in '07, that it did very well in '06 and they're going to go forward with it for '07 in a real way beyond just the 2 repaints we have. Notice that there's already SWTF packaging in the new '07 30thAnniv. style, why would they bother if the entire run ended with the vader and ARC-170 repaints that came out at the tail end of '06? Here's 2 Q&A results about it:

June 30th
ActionFigs.com: What is the status of the Star Wars Transformers line, will there be more sets, and if so, when and what next? If no, why not?
Hasbro: It's too early to reveal details, but yes, SW TF will continue into 2007 with new vehicles.

1 week ago:
JediInsider.com: With the Transformers movie due out later this year, can you tell us anything about the plans you have for the Star Wars/Transformers line in 07?
Hasbro: The response to the Star Wars Transformers line has been astonishing and we will be continuing with this great sub-line all year. Look for some announcements regarding our next products at Toy Fair.

As for which items will be in the line, looks like they aren't going to tell us till Feb at least.

Jangu Fett
01-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Well it seems like the SWTF Death Star rumor may be true after all. This was found in a Canada TRU computer:

SWTF DEATH STAR Sku#510440 $69.99

Better start saving. ;) Good thing it due out September.

BountyHunterScum
01-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Well it seems like the SWTF Death Star rumor may be true after all. This was found in a Canada TRU computer:

SWTF DEATH STAR Sku#510440 $69.99

Better start saving. ;) Good thing it due out September.

Damn I want pictures!!!!!!!!

Jangu Fett
01-24-2007, 08:00 AM
My quess would be, we won't see any pics till NY Toyfair.

2 "new" SWTF sets have shown up on RS. Mace Windu/Jedi Starfighter and a new Showdown set Darth Vader/Vader's TIE(Light Grey) vs. Obi-Wan kenobi/Jedi Starfighter(Blue) OK, so this really isn't new, new sets, but it's something.

Here are the links:
Mace Windu-http://www.blister.jp/item5908.html
Showdown-http://www.blister.jp/item5909.html

Jangu Fett
02-19-2007, 09:49 AM
I wonder if we'll be seeing any SWTF from the new "Force Unleashed" game? I hope we do, Hasbro seems to be doing basic, and unleadhed figure for this series. And with this being a new Shadows, I wouldn't be suprised. I mean toys, comics, novels, a concept art book. All that left is the soundtrack CD.

DarkArtist
04-23-2007, 06:17 PM
spotted the Mace Windu, Clone/Gunship, and Sarese Tin transformers today at Walmart. The Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace ring looked great for display but really am not into these so I passed.

darthvyn
05-18-2007, 12:13 PM
i saw the saesee tiin also... it actually looks pretty cool! i don't care for the transformation, but the ship alone looks badarse.

do they come with some kind of stand to display in vehicle mode?

JediTricks
05-18-2007, 10:46 PM
No stands, but the Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter mold (Sassy's JSF with Hyperdrive ring, specifically) has a REALLY nifty landing gear that's as close to the movie version as any toy has ever gotten by a huge margin.

figrin bran
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
i picked up the Saesee Tinn and Gunship TF's recently and although the vehicle modes of both look great, the robot modes are rather underwhelming. i can't really put my finger on it but maybe it's a lack of details and accents compared to all the other TF's i have.

JediTricks
05-19-2007, 04:23 PM
The Ep 2 JSF bot I think looks alright, it's more like a generic grunt figure than a character though, but I like it - try it without the backpack, that helps.

The Gunship bot I think looks pretty darn nifty, but it's sporting those big wings as kibble but they're also wings which is good, think of it as a jetpack trooper.

My issue with both bots is the inability to raise their shoulders, leaving that joint out was stupid.