PDA

View Full Version : "the Office" (american version)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

General_Grievous
02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Ugh, Pam's back with Roy. :mad: That put me in a bad mood.

But that mood was gone as soon as Michael started playing frisbee. :D

I loved the bat hunt and how Stanley just left work because of it. Angela had a funny reaction. "Poop is raining from the ceiling! Poop!" The vampire subplot was excellent. It was great seeing Dwight ask Creed to form a vampire-hunting alliance with him. Yes, Joss Whedon, we know you created Buffy. Do you have to keep reminding us? :p

Michael's speech was good, especially how he started throwing candy to the class. Plus he finished it off nicely. "He doesn't know anything and neither do you. So suck on that!"

Was anyone else disappointed that Jim didn't show up at the art show?

2-1B
02-15-2007, 08:12 PM
I almost threw up when I saw David Daskal in this episode...jeez. :dead:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Ugh, Pam's back with Roy. :mad: That put me in a bad mood.

But that mood was gone as soon as Michael started playing frisbee. :D

I loved the bat hunt and how Stanley just left work because of it. Angela had a funny reaction. "Poop is raining from the ceiling! Poop!" The vampire subplot was excellent. It was great seeing Dwight ask Creed to form a vampire-hunting alliance with him. Yes, Joss Whedon, we know you created Buffy. Do you have to keep reminding us? :p

Michael's speech was good, especially how he started throwing candy to the class. Plus he finished it off nicely. "He doesn't know anything and neither do you. So suck on that!"

Was anyone else disappointed that Jim didn't show up at the art show?

Yeah, I love how Creed was just saying "yes" mid sentence to anything Dwight was saying. I don't think i've laughed that hard in a LONG time. Stanley leaving work, Kevin running into the camera, Meredith stuck in bathroom, michaels GREAT speech ("suck on that!") and then sending him to work in the annex. HYSTERICAL. and yeah, the vampire subplot was AWESOME. I loved this episode.

Irks: Dammit Pam! What are you thinking?!?! You can tell she's already reconsidering it. And yeah, i wanted to see Jim there at the art show, but then again, I can kinda see why he wouldn't go as he could bump into Roy and plus, he's probably disappointed she fell back into that trap.

I also really liked the ending how Michael kinda came through for Pam. Really good stuff.

Overall, hysterical, probably one of my favorite episodes, ever. :thumbsup:

2-1B
02-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Michael with the candy bars, too funny. lol

UKWildcat
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I thought it was an outstanding episode as well.

I am irked with the whole Pam and Roy situation. Roy is starting to pizz me off. He's been acting all fake and whatnot, trying to get Pam back. Telling her that he really likes her art but, if I remember correctly, he hated it when they were engaged. And what IS Pam thinking?!?!? I guess she is just jealous of Jim's relationship and doesn't want to be alone?!?! :confused:

It was pretty neat how Michael ended up being the only one who said something nice and sincere to Pam about her art, making her feel good. Way to go Michael! :thumbsup: I thought, and was hoping, that it was going to be Jim that showed up, but Michael did a great job.

The subplot with Dwight/Jim/Vampires was indeed fantastic.

Your right Cae, Michael chucking those candy bars. lol And him tearing out those pages from that student's book was hilarious.

Really good episode all around. Going to watch it again here in a minute. :)

JEDIpartner
02-16-2007, 10:39 AM
The Michael moments make me shout at the television. I can see why Pam and Roy are back together. It's quite simple. Pam was surrounded by all the things she had for her wedding and was feeling quite vulnerable. Roy came up to see her and she was just looking for a friendly face at that moment and she just went with it. You can see that she's disappointed in Roy and how he's acting. Women are right... straight men don't know ANYTHING!!! :D

I loved all the bat/vampire stuff that was happening in the episode that Joss Whedon helmed!! That was priceless!!

The Pam/Michael moment at the end really touched me. :)

2-1B
02-16-2007, 05:35 PM
It touched me like the Chunky Bar in his pocket. lol

JimJamBonds
02-17-2007, 11:46 AM
I am irked with the whole Pam and Roy situation. Roy is starting to pizz me off. He's been acting all fake and whatnot, trying to get Pam back. Telling her that he really likes her art but, if I remember correctly, he hated it when they were engaged. And what IS Pam thinking?!?!? I guess she is just jealous of Jim's relationship and doesn't want to be alone?!?! :confused:

It isn't going to last, you could see in her face that it was the same old Roy. She didn't jump at the oppertunity to "go back to their place." I thought Michael going to visit her exhibit was a great twist, I think most everybody was expecting Jim (I think Pam was hoping he'd come as well) to stop by and check out her art since he was supportive of it in the past.

General_Grievous
02-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Jan saying "That's what she said" made tonight's episode. :D She's really got a Michael-fetish.

Michael was getting a bit annoying at the beginning with the magic trick, but luckily Jim was there to bring it home by hiding the key.

Man, you've gotta love Creed's fake ID business.

And why is Toby trying to pick up Pam when he's got that smokin' hot girlfriend?

Dwight was hilarious as always inspecting the house. Nobody else would give a damn, but Dwight always does. And I fell out of my chair when he popped up in the backseat at the end. :p

So Roy showed his true colors. What a douche. But I did laugh when his brother started smashing stuff. "Damn jetskis!!!" But if he fights Jim, remember that Kevin's got Jim's back. :thumbsup:

P.S. Rainn Wilson (Dwight) is hosting SNL this week.

jjreason
02-22-2007, 08:07 PM
I was thinking Roy was going to get hauled off to jail there - he sure deserved to go. He may very well punch out Jim, causing Pammy (sorry, make that Pam) to run right into Jim's arms. Roy's just about that dumb.

2-1B
02-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Creepiest episode EVER with Dwight in that rocking chair. :D

Not to mention Roy acting like a violent douche.

jjreason
02-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Dwight in the rocking chair was awesome, as was Michael's list of relationship wants: ".... the ketchup fights, the tickling... the giggling." :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-22-2007, 08:39 PM
"How about some appetizers? Got any Bagel Bites?" Oh man, I was laughing so hard at that part. Great episode with Dwight and his tests to find out the quality of the house (hanging on the railing?!?!) and yeah, Dwight sitting in that chair while that kid was sleeping was uber creepy. And when Dwight popped out from the backseat at the end, good stuff; totally didn't see that.

And seriously, what the hell, Roy! That was craziness! I didn't expect him to start breaking stuff and destroying the bar. I'm really thinking that by the time Roy goes after Jim, hopefully Angry Andy will be back from anger managment and help out his Big Tuna? That would be a great way to welcome him back. But yeah, another great episode! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Creepiest episode EVER with Dwight in that rocking chair. :D

"Oh good, you're awake." lol

Great episode!

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Dwight should've been hauled off as a paedophile!! :eek:

Jan needs her head examined!

Good for Pammy!!!! :thumbsup:

jjreason
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
a violent douche.

Now if anything out there don't paint a pretty picture, it's that. Yikers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Joss Whedon worked on last week, so there were vampires, and now JJ Abrams did this one and there was . . . uh . . . violence at the end. Weird. :D

The Pam/Roy Take 2 thing lasted shorter than I thought it would.

2-1B
03-02-2007, 09:26 PM
I fell asleep during Weekend Update last Saturday but I did like the monologue.
I think they could have done more with it but it was still a good Office Spoof. :)
Kristin Wiig especially cracks me up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlN2EoPBFE0

General_Grievous
03-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I saw that episode, Cae. That was a dead on impersonation of Pam (and Jim). Kenan sucked as Stanley, though.

No new Office episodes until April 15th. :(

2-1B
03-02-2007, 09:46 PM
The best impression was Karen. ;)

JimJamBonds
03-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Loren didn't really rip it up himself either.

2-1B
03-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I think he didn't pretty good with the M. Scott "look" to the camera.

UKWildcat
03-03-2007, 03:10 PM
The best impression was Karen. ;)

That was nice. :yes:

I no longer watch SNL, haven't for many years, but I did watch the opening and a skit or two. I actually thought both were pretty good. The first skit where they are in the bar singing was pretty funny... Rainn Wilson is great.

General_Grievous
03-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Rainn Wilson was a good host. I watched because he was hosting it. I'm very picky with SNL. I only watch it when I like the host. Last one I watched (not including the "D**k in a Box" skit on youtube) was the Natalie Portman episode.

JimJamBonds
03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I found this quite interesting......

In an unusual experiment aimed at improving ratings for reruns, NBC next week plans to air two previously seen half-hour episodes of “The Office” that have been re-edited into a new hour-long show. Some scenes will be cut so producers can weave in unaired footage that introduces a new storyline into the older episodes.

Producers of “The Office” say re-editing the episodes is a way to keep the program’s rabid fan base from moving on … “Their loyalty must be rewarded somehow, and we don’t have the budget to send out 10 million muffin baskets,” says Executive Producer Greg Daniels. This would be next week’s airings of Traveling Salesmen (http://www.officetally.com/the-office-traveling-salesmen) and The Return (http://www.officetally.com/the-office-the-return). Greg did mention at Paley Fest last weekend that an additional four minutes of new footage would be added to next week’s episodes.

General_Grievous
03-11-2007, 01:02 PM
It would have made more sense if they had edited "Branch Closing" and "The Merger" together.

seanmcfripp
03-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Wow, Pam's lookin' alright:

http://media.babes.entertainment.ign.com/articles/776/776717/imgs_1.html

Get with it, Jim.

General_Grievous
03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Hachi-mama! I don't remember seeing that in the trailer for "Blades of Glory". :eek:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-29-2007, 05:03 PM
and I now have two new wallpapers for my PC. Good lookin' out, mate. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Guyute, you're gonna flip when you see this.

http://geeksugar.com/187018

2-1B
03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Shaw Mac and Double Gee share the honors for Best Posts of 2007. :grin:

God bless you, sirs...God bless you. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Guyute, you're gonna flip when you see this.

http://geeksugar.com/187018

lol I saw that earlier in the week. I gotta say I prefer the lingerie scantinly clad pics versus the post it notes. Either way, good stuff. lol :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Holy crap, I've moved Caesar to tears.lol

But in all honesty, I really like the lingerie pics a helluva lot more than the Wired cover. I wonder what Michael Scott would have to say about it...

2-1B
03-29-2007, 09:38 PM
But in all honesty, I really like the lingerie pics a helluva lot more than the Wired cover. I wonder what Michael Scott would have to say about it...

Um, he'd probably tell her the same advice he gave her awhile ago, to let those things breathe. :crazed:

seanmcfripp
03-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Ok, I'm totally not stealing a case of post-its from work today for my wife to wear tonite.

In all honesty, I can't take credit for the Pam pictures. My buddy at work is a Will Farrell fan, and while looking up some things on Blades of Glory, he was kind enough to share his findings, knowing I like The Office. Of course he said he needs to start watching The Office now.

Oh, and preview last nite...is Roy really going to attack Jim right there in the office in front of everyone?!

UKWildcat
03-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow, Pam's lookin' alright:

http://media.babes.entertainment.ign.com/articles/776/776717/imgs_1.html

"Waa waa we waa"

Man!!! Them theres some might fine pictures. :thumbsup:

Caesar - I can only imagine the glee that you experienced when you clicked that link. lol

General_Grievous
04-05-2007, 07:44 PM
YES!!! Even though I knew what was going to happen already, I still cheered when Dwight unloaded the can of pepper spray in Roy's face. Lucky he didn't use the nunchucks or the throwing star. :D Michael explaining his "bisexual" suit was hilarious. "Italians don't wear pockets." :p And of course, leave it to Stanley to knock it out of the park. "Yeah, I heard how much Michael makes. I still think he's overpaid." :D I loved Creed's retelling of Dwight using a can of hairspray and a lighter. But that didn't beat Kevin's late warning to Jim. Not to mention it also had a great ending...

Oh, and Andy's back!!!...:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Hysterical episode! Dwight was cracking me up tonight and his cache of weapons was great!! I REALLY hope Pam stays the hell away from Roy and i was worried at the end. I did love Michael and his poor clothing choice too. Kevin was also cracking me up too with his, "Jim! It's Roy!" about 45 seconds too late. I just laughed my a-- off tonight. And the ending with Andy?!!? HILARIOUS. Sadly, my DVR didn't make it as it cut off at the 42 minute mark; i'm just happy I saw it. GREAT episode! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Hilarious episode last night!!! Great stuff! :thumbsup:

I loved how Angela was making everyone tell the story of how Dwight saved Jim. She was getting off on that. lol

Jims facial expression to the camera after seeing Dwight and Angela making out was classic!

I plan on watching this episode again tonight. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
04-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I loved how Angela was making everyone tell the story of how Dwight saved Jim.I was really glad she missed it, because i did too. I got home about 10 minutes into the episode.

2-1B
04-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Wonderful episode, it completely lived up to my expectations after being off the air for what, about 6 weeks or so?

"You gotta earn, Son."

2-1B
04-06-2007, 10:33 PM
and let us not forget the Star Wars reference !!!

Jenna Fischer is on The Tonight Show, should be delicious.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Which Star Wars reference was there? 30 Rock seems to have at least one every few weeks, which is always welcome.

Dwight's reaction to both Roy and Andy was awesome. :D

2-1B
04-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Dwight's reference to Han Solo coming back to help the rebel cause.

UKWildcat
04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I just got through watching this episode again. Hilarious!!! lol

I loved Creed's retelling of Dwight using a can of hairspray and a lighter

Don't forget about "big fella" and his sock full of nickels. lol

I thought it was hilarious when Darrell pulled out his cell phone and said "Awww, I'm sorry Mike, but some more folks got to hear about this one" after finding out how much Michael gets paid. lol

Creed giving Michael $40 was great... "In a way you did." lol

The plastic display case that Jim tried to give Dwight for his bobblehead was pretty neat. :thumbsup:

Fantastic episode. One of my favorites. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
04-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Dwight's reference to Han Solo coming back to help the rebel cause.
I don't think Dwight's description was accurate. I think Han would have gladly accepted a nice cold one after saving Luke's bacon. :D

2-1B
04-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Right, or maybe even a Gold Medal. lol

Yuke, I watched it twice again last night and agree with your assessment of its fantastic-ness.

Also I would like to salute Creed for referring to Halpert as stealing Roy's car and also Creed's pronounciation of Schrute as Scha-rute. ;)

JimJamBonds
04-07-2007, 11:30 PM
A great episode for sure! I'm glad the first episode back was supersized, lets hope this is a sign to come for the last few episodes of this season!

2-1B
04-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Anybody else see Jenna Fischer on The Tonight Show Friday night? She did a nice job again.

UKWildcat
04-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Nope, I forgot to record it. :(

2-1B
04-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Nope, I forgot to record it. :(

No you didn't. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8gHufqylds

General_Grievous
04-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks for sharing that, Cae.

Jenna sure is amazing.:love:

2-1B
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
You bet, here is BJ on Conan, hamming it up with the Jim Carrey story and the Cadbury eggs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1I4T84TqM

General_Grievous
04-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Haha, he used the opportunity to rip on Cadbury. :p

2-1B
04-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Halpert doing his Ed Grimley impression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkjT-BIeK9w

JimJamBonds
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Boy I know who the YouTube master is.

General_Grievous
04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Tonight's episode was great! I loved how Darryl (and Michael) explained the "accident" that happened to him in the warehouse. :p I also loved the watermelon bouncing off the trampoline onto Stanley's car...and his reaction afterwards. :D And when Creed told everyone about the inflatable castle outside, why was he zipping up his fly?

Rocketboy
04-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Great episode, but I'm getting a little tired of Michael getting depressed, I mean "bummed out." It seems like it happens quite a bit.

2-1B
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
And when Creed told everyone about the inflatable castle outside, why was he zipping up his fly?

hey, when nature calls...lol lol lol

General_Grievous
04-13-2007, 12:42 AM
It seemed as if he peed in the castle. :p

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-13-2007, 06:39 AM
I cant believe Creed didnt know the difference between a potato and an apple!!!!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Pretty funny episode. The plot i felt was pretty stupid, but I was laughing. I loved Dwight's angry reaction when michael was telling him about the warehouses better performance. The bets were all great, especially how Ryan cleaned up. And that scene with Creed and the apple/potato. Funny stuff! Lots of good laughs though. Great ep! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I cant believe Creed didnt know the difference between a potato and an apple!!!!!!!

I can't believe you even think that! I saw Creed's non reaction coming a mile away and I still loved it!

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
I can't believe you even think that! I saw Creed's non reaction coming a mile away and I still loved it!

I saw it coming too but it was a lot funnier thinking that he would notice. Creed has to be fav!

General_Grievous
04-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Creed needs his own spinoff show. Or a movie. They could call it "Creed Begins" and they could show his crazy exploits in the '60s. :crazed:

2-1B
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Rerun this week but new episodes the 4 weeks after that, including the hour long finale. I will enjoy the last run of new episodes before the summer break.

JimJamBonds
04-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Rerun this week but new episodes the 4 weeks after that, including the hour long finale. I will enjoy the last run of new episodes before the summer break.

4 straight new episodes??? Buckeye!

General_Grievous
04-16-2007, 11:28 PM
This season went by pretty fast, even with a few breaks between episodes.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-20-2007, 10:05 AM
A clip posted by NBC from the upcoming episode, "Product Recall."

Clip: Jim Halpert is.........Dwight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auEceiMGGk4

HYSTERICAL. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
04-26-2007, 08:01 PM
That had to be one of the best openings on the show. I just wish I hadn't seen it before it aired. "Bears...beets...Battlestar Galactica". But I loved the bookend at the end where Dwight pretended to be Jim. :p

The fact that Andy was dating a high schooler was just plain disturbing, yet hilarious, especially Jim's reaction. "That's not going to hold up in court." :D

I loved how Dwight pushed the plant in front of Phyllis to make the office look more "attractive". :p But the best part was him explinaining animal lovemaking rituals on his farm. lol

2-1B
04-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Once again they hit a home run...this show still hasn't had a bad episode.

UKWildcat
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I agree C-Saw. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2007, 06:30 PM
The Jim as Dwight and Dwight as Jim scenes were great. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Creed about killed me in the past episode. Calling the warehouse to find who wasn't there when he was supposed to be. Getting the office to chip in some money since the girl was fired. Then pocketing the money and throwing away the card. That crazy Creed. :crazed: lol

JEDIpartner
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
The Jim as Dwight and Dwight as Jim scenes were great. :thumbsup:

That was my favourite part as well. :)

UKWildcat
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I heard somewhere that they are contemplating making The Office episodes an hour long next season. While the longer producer cut episodes are great, I think stretching the show another 20+ minutes wouldn't be a good idea. They would probably drag at times as there would probably be a bunch of useless filler material. While I love the idea of more Office, I don't think it would work that well overall. It would probably take away from the style that they have now with the non-stop hilarity. It'll be interesting to see if they end up doing this or not.

JEDIpartner
05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Oooooh... I think that would be a terrible idea. One of the funny things about this show are the uncomfortable silences. To have 20 minutes of the show be that would ruin it. I think it's perfect in its nice, neat little package.

General_Grievous
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
The line "If that's flashing, then lock me up" is reason alone for Creed to have a spinoff show. :p Dwight calling Phyllis "Phallus" was hilarious. As well as him printing out the wanted picture. "This man is a pervert" :D

I didn't know Kevin reads "Elle" magazine...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh man, HYSTERICAL episode tonight! I was laughing nearly the entire time! I loved how it was like a lounge in the women's restroom and how Creed wandered in with headphones.

And what was up with pam tonight?!! Making those comments about Jim and constantly at odds with Karen!! Should be interesting to see how/if things play out during the last few episodes.

I loved the girls chatting with michael about Jan; that was a great scene, trying to provide him some advice.

such a funny episode! :thumbsup:

2-1B
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
I would be down with hour long episodes...all the supersized episodes have been great as well as the hour long jobs (Benihana Xmas, for example).

Another great one tonight. This show is on a roll !

UKWildcat
05-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Really good and funny episode. That Creed is a piece of work. What did he say? " I dont' see what the big deal is, showing brain?" or something like that. lol

Meredith driving, and well, parking. lol

Really good drawing of pervert Dwight by Pam. I like how the show ended with Dwight looking into the mirror, that little stache. lol Good stuff.

Excellent episode, plan on watching it again soon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-07-2007, 03:03 PM
my brother pointed this out to me: http://www.stewartwade.com/pervert.jpg

I gues if you call the number, there is a recording from Dwight. It's been busy, so I haven't been able to get through. If anybody else does, let me know what it says. :thumbsup:

Just got through: HYSTERICAL recording; Dwight gives you three choices. Enjoy!

2-1B
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Really good and funny episode. That Creed is a piece of work. What did he say? " I dont' see what the big deal is, showing brain?" or something like that. lol

"hanging brain" lol lol lol

I've watched this episode 6 or 7 times already...I can't even remember how many times ???

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Man, GO PAM! Finally, getting some complaints/notions out there in the open and how do you like it telling jim how she feels in front of the whole gang?!?!? Karens facial expression wasn't sayin' good things to her either. Crazy! :thumbsup:

Pretty funny episode and I loved Stanley's fake enthusiasm and Creed eating a fish raw?!!? The sumo outfits were hysterical and I loved how they had to move in them. I loved how Andy was trying to swim around and how about that Flintstone song at the end; great episode! Next week is the finale!! eeeeeeeeek!! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-10-2007, 08:25 PM
There was a LOT of funny stuff in this episode.

-Meredith flashing the camera. :eek:
-Stanley going "Oh sweet mother of God" after Michael's announcement, and Michael's reply to that. :D
-Andy throwing the rock at the mallard
-Creed catching the fish with his hands and eating it. :p That guy never ceases to amaze me.
-Andy falling into the pond in his sumo suit. :D
-Jim's look to the camera after the fire was started up.
-Dwight on the hot coals lol
-And finally, the Flintstones sing along on the bus was awesome

All I have to say about Pam's confession is "It's about time".

I can't believe next week is the season finale.

jjreason
05-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I thought the whole Pam thing kind of sucked - it's like the creators needed it to happen, and had to settle for some less-than-perfect setting. Awkward, to say the least.

DarthQuack
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Pam is the perfect "smokin" girl next door.

2-1B
05-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I want to go fishing with Creed.

vader121
05-11-2007, 08:08 AM
The only funny part was when Andy fell in the lake and was floating around.
This episode didn't do much for me as compared to the last 2-3 weeks.

I agree on the Pam thing as it seemed forced. She also kept using the 'friend' word and didn't state her true feelings. Maybe next week?

UKWildcat
05-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I thought this was a pretty funny episode. I liked how Stanley was featured a little more prominantly in this ep. He is awesome.

"I would rather work for an upturned broom with a bucket for a head than work for somebody else in this office besides myself. Game on!"

lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2007, 10:16 PM
At times I think it seemed a little forced, as it has sometimes recently, but it was still great.

I'm just disappointed, much like Toby, that I never got to see Pam in her two-piece. :cry:

UKWildcat
05-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm just disappointed, much like Toby, that I never got to see Pam in her two-piece. :cry:

I hear that. And Toby, man I felt really bad for him not getting to go on the trip. Michael treats him like complete sh*t; it is funny at times, but other times it is just wrong and uncalled for. I really felt sorry for him for not getting to go. He was all dressed up and everything. :(

UKWildcat
05-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Possible spoiler?!?!?

I heard where The Office had filmed two finale episodes, one that included Karen (Rashida Jones) and one that had her leaving. Evidentally Rashida was filming a pilot episode for another show and network. If the show didn't get picked up then she would stay on The Office, if it did get picked up, then she would leave. Well the show was supposedly picked up so she will most likely be leaving The Office.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Seems that Jenna fell down some marble stairs and broke her back in 4 places. ouch!! She's expected to recover within 4-6 weeks.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=8e1d5427-72a2-410a-9dbe-b030b2e8ede1

Hope she gets better soon! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
:( Poor Jenna. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

EDIT: Anyway, here are my thoughts on tonight's finale.

Wasn't as funny as last season's finale, but it was still great! :thumbsup:

Tonight, I started disliking Karen. When she said "Pam is kind of a b*tch", it kind of sealed the deal for me. But if she didn't get the job, what's she gonna be doing next season?

There was a lot of great stuff in tonight's episode:

-Creed talking about his "blog", which I HOPE becomes available through NBC.com in the future. :D
-Jan's "boob enhancement" and the reactions from those around the office, especially Meredith's "men are only attracted to the back of a woman" comment. :p
-"Schrute-bucks": worth 1/100th of a cent.
-Andy and Dwight repainting the office just hours after Michael left.

I damn near jumped out of my chair and cheered when Jim popped in the office at the end and asked Pam on the date. For me, that outdid the kiss from the last season finale. Go, Jim and Pam! :grin:

And Ryan got the job? WTF? When did he go in for an interview? Although him breaking up with Kelly was hilarious.

Bring on Season Four!!!

jjreason
05-17-2007, 08:22 PM
It was good. I'm SURE Jim assumed Karen was getting the job - hence his return to Scranton to ask Pam out. Sparks are going to be flying - unless Jim asking Pam out was to sit her down and break some tough news to her (that he and Karen both coming back and are still together for example).

2-1B
05-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Great episode, not as great as Casino Night but damn good indeed.

Double G, just go here: http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/2007/05/13-week/

reason, I find it funnier to think that Jim just ditched Karen out there in NYC. :D

General_Grievous
05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks, Cae! I had no idea that this even existed.

BTW, has there been any news about webisodes this summer, kind of like they did in between seasons 2 and 3?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Terrific episode tonight!! I enjoyed the tension between Pam and Karen quite a bit. Was hoping for a fight, but alas, no dice. :p It was great to see Pam as Dwights third in command as it brought back great memories of the alliance. And how great was Rainn tonight?? Seriously, those scenes with him crying were HYSTERICAL. Michael was great tonight too taking back crazy a-- Jan. And yes, I was damn near cheering when Jim popped in and seeing Pam's face light up. Awesome! And the ending with Ryan's face: AWESOME.

Great finale!!!!! :thumbsup:

seanmcfripp
05-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Creed Thoughts has to be one of the funniest things ever. "Iíve read some of it. Even for the internet itís pretty shocking." And Michael selling his condo on ebay for 80% of what he paid for it, absolutely classic Office material.

Season 3 was a total blast.

2-1B
05-18-2007, 05:36 PM
And Michael selling his condo on ebay for 80% of what he paid for it, absolutely classic Office material.

It's too bad he might get negative feedback due to backing out of the deal.

UKWildcat
05-18-2007, 06:39 PM
I really enjoyed last night's episode; good season finale. You're right seanmcfripp, Season 3 was a blast; it will definitely be missed. Atleast I have my Office dvds to tide me over until next season.

2-1B
05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Exactly Yuke, this show is just so rewatchable...my favorite of all time !

We should keep this thread going all summer, reminiscing over past episodes from all 3 seasons.

UKWildcat
05-19-2007, 12:54 PM
We should keep this thread going all summer, reminiscing over past episodes from all 3 seasons.

Sounds good to me! :)

2-1B
05-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm watching The Convention right now...one of my favorite episodes of Season 3 ! The bit with the Blackberry costume kills me every time. "Do you remember me from last year?"

General_Grievous
05-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I was just watching "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day" from Season 2. One of my favorite "Office" moments is Dwight reading "Struwwelpeter" to the kids and Michael coming in saying "They don't want to hear the stories your Nazi war criminal grandmother told you." :D

2-1B
05-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Very nice Double G. :D

After The Convention I watched Diwali...which is a very good episode for the Diwali stuff but ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS when it comes to the Stamford drinking stuff. 3 of my (many) favorite lines from season 3 and they all come from Andy:

"One, two, three, SHOT."

"Closer I am to fine....TUNA! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

""It's a roomy twin."

lol lol lol

Rocketboy
05-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Accidentally posted this in the Scrubs thread...oops.

There is a convention for The Office (http://www.theofficeconvention.com/) Scranton, PA.!

2-1B
05-28-2007, 07:56 AM
I should go to Scranton, I bet I could find a good Penguins jersey...

I started rewatching Season 2 the other day. This morning I did The Fire and right now I'm on Halloween. I gotta say, as great as this show is, I feel these two episodes might be the best back to back combo. I REALLY love both of them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Sept. 11th is the date for season 3 (date subject to change). I hope this leaves me enough time to watch it before the season 4 premiere! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
06-02-2007, 10:01 AM
I was just watching "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day" from Season 2.

Are you Mother Goose?

I thought season III ended on a great note, I can't wait untill fall for new episodes! I will say that Season III had probably the worst episode of the series (to this point) Phyllis' Wedding. Personally way way wayyyyyyyyyy too much Michael Scorn. I was actually fast forwarding during my initial watching of that episode (and only at this point).

UKWildcat
06-02-2007, 03:50 PM
I just started my Season One dvd. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just finished Season one. :)

2-1B
06-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Phyllis' Wedding. Personally way way wayyyyyyyyyy too much Michael Scorn. I was actually fast forwarding during my initial watching of that episode (and only at this point).

I still don't get why the hell you would fast forward during this show on the first viewing...how do you know what stuff you may have missed ?

I still like that episode, watched it a multitude of times.

JimJamBonds
06-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I still don't get why the hell you would fast forward during this show on the first viewing...how do you know what stuff you may have missed ?

I still like that episode, watched it a multitude of times.

Watching Michael Scorn not being funny = fast foward. It was way over the top so as he dragged that wheelchair behind him I was ff'ing to lesson my pain.

UKWildcat
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Finished up season 2 today... now I want to start season 3 but I had to erase them from my pc's hard drive not too long ago. :( Why doesn't NBC have the episodes on their website? They have The Black Donnely's and that show has been cancelled. I guess it is probably because if they had The Office available it would eat up too much bandwidth from all the people that would watch it. Hmmm....

2-1B
06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
"I was gonna teach the children to make corn husk dolls"

I just watched Take Your Daughter To Work Day as well...great stuff. lol lol lol

UKWildcat
06-07-2007, 07:59 PM
lol

I always get a kick out of Stanley screaming at Ryan. lol Good stuff.

BTW - I just realized that Stanleys daughter on the show is the same girl who plays Hawkins' daughter in Jericho.

2-1B
06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I love it when Stanley gets fired up. "Game on." lol

What the hell, "Michael's Birthday" is coming up next...may as well keep watchin' ;)

UKWildcat
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Yea, another great episode that is. He gets all mad and frustrated because Kevin steals his thunder (so to speak) with the skin cancer thing.

Michael checking Toby against the wall while ice skating is classic!

2-1B
06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Yea, another great episode that is. He gets all mad and frustrated because Kevin steals his thunder (so to speak) with the skin cancer thing.

Yes, very much like the issue he has with Phyllis' dad (you know, the one JimJam doesn't like :D )

Michael checking Toby against the wall while ice skating is classic!

Yeah, I'm not that far yet but he did just tell Toby he couldn't have a bday donut.

Jeez, and now he just pulled up a chair for the "stripper" delivery girl, oh man...and Dwight is playing "For the Longest Time by William Joel" on his recorder. lol lol lol

UKWildcat
06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm watching the episode on NBC now, Grief Counseling. This was a great episode from last season. Right now they are telling their stories. Pam just did the Million Dollar Baby story... Ryan is doing the Lion King and Kevin is doing Weekend at Bernies...lol

EDIT: Ohhh, can't wait to see Dwight try and stuff the bird into the can. lol

2-1B
06-07-2007, 08:26 PM
"Is that the beak???"

Good call Yuke, I think I'll skip ahead on iTunes and watch it, too...

UKWildcat
06-07-2007, 08:31 PM
It's not a song bird.

lol

There is Dwight with that recorder again.

Oh another good line of Dwight's earlier in the episode is when he tells about how he absorbed his twin and now he is stronger because he has the power of a grown man and a baby or something. lol

There is such a thing as good grief.... just ask Charlie Brown.

You have all the episodes on itunes C?

2-1B
06-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Hell yeah, Dwight talking about how he "resorbed" his twin is priceless !!!

"You can't get diseases from a bird!!!" - Michael :crazed:

You have all the episodes on itunes C?

I do. :nerv:

I'm a bit obsessed - I tape it on VHS when a new episode airs (no DVR for this stud) so I can watch it once or twice more that night, then the next day I download it on my season pass for iTunes, then when the DVD comes out I buy that, too. :nerv:

To hear my brother-in-law explain my obsession to my sister is hilarious. lol

UKWildcat
06-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Hell yeah, Dwight talking about how he "resorbed" his twin is priceless !!!

Yea, thats the word! lol Hilarious stuff!

I do. :nerv:

So how is the quality with itunes? I've never seen an episode of anything on itunes. So do you have every episode (from all seasons) on iTunes, or just Season 3 since it's not out on dvd yet? I love the idea of portable Office, storing all the episodes on an iPod to watch whereever, whenever; that'd be swell.

2-1B
06-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Quality is very good, not DVD quality of course but I can't complain.

I have seasons 2 and 3, not 1 though...I suppose I could delete season 2 now that I have them on DVD for ohhhh 9 months or so now, but I can't bring myself to deleting them - I play them too often in the background, like music. :)

Now, for example, I am catching up on email and just listening to all these great episodes...while peeking in on occasion.

Andy and Dwight just met for the first time, classic intro !
"I know everything about film. I've seen over two hundred and forty of them."

lol lol lol

Rocketboy
06-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Awesome... (http://www.snorgtees.com/scrantonicity-p-383.html?osCsid=3aefc30179d16bf6de1d06995f57dde1)

2-1B
06-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I just saw Roy go after Jim and get Schruted with a can of mace...now Angela is getting hot twixt her nethers just hearing about it. lol lol lol

jjreason
06-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Awesome... (http://www.snorgtees.com/scrantonicity-p-383.html?osCsid=3aefc30179d16bf6de1d06995f57dde1)

That IS a righteous t-shirt. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
06-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Season 3 on DVD October 2.

Seems kind of late though.

2-1B
06-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Office Tally says 9/4. That would make more sense.

Rocketboy
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah, it makes a lot more sense.

2-1B
06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I just hope it's valid? :(

JimJamBonds
06-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I just saw Roy go after Jim and get Schruted with a can of mace...now Angela is getting hot twixt her nethers just hearing about it. lol lol lol

You mean when the Big Guy came after Jim with the sock full of nickles?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-27-2007, 11:59 PM
DVD Aficionado and a few websites are still reporting 9/11/07 and Universal studios is reporting 9/4/07: http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=36953

Either date works out fine for me as it leaves PLENTY of time for a three season marathon before the premiere on 9/27! :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-28-2007, 11:17 PM
You mean when the Big Guy came after Jim with the sock full of nickles?

"something about how Halpert stole his car."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-29-2007, 12:35 PM
DVD Active posted cover art and a date of 9/4.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-office16.html

Much better than season 2's art; really liking seeing Prison Mike front n' center! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
06-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Hmmmm..... Actually, I'm not too sure if I'm diggin' that cover art. Either way, can't wait for it to be released.

JimJamBonds
07-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Ehh not a big fan of Prison Mike making an apperance.

2-1B
07-14-2007, 03:06 PM
They should have put Ninja Star Dwight on the cover...like I did with my avatar. lol

UKWildcat
07-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Awesome av and sig line C. :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-14-2007, 03:14 PM
"Awesome" not necessary and thus not accepted.
I saw the opportunity for a good avatar and I used it.
SSG posters do not accept prizes for being good posters.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-20-2007, 10:07 PM
THE OFFICE got some emmy nods today:
Best comedy
Best actor in a comedy (steve carrell)
best supporting actor in a comedy (Rainn Wilson)
Best supporting actress in a comedy (Jenna Fischer)

I'm REALLY excited for Rainn and Jenna as they both provide a solid foundation to the show. Congrats to them and bring on season 4!! :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
9 total nominations and deserving of each one.

Best show ever.

2-1B
07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Looks like TBTB now feel the same way as some of you do. :)

http://www.officetally.com/the-office-season-3-dvd-coming-sept-4#more-1182

JimJamBonds
07-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Looks like TBTB now feel the same way as some of you do. :)

http://www.officetally.com/the-office-season-3-dvd-coming-sept-4#more-1182

No Prison Scorn yes!

2-1B
07-25-2007, 12:53 AM
I think they should have kept the original artwork.

UKWildcat
07-25-2007, 12:57 AM
I wasn't a fan of the original, so the change is well received here.

General_Grievous
07-31-2007, 01:04 AM
I liked Prison Mike. :(

But the new cover does look better.

2-1B
08-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Office Tally has a fun thing going on right now - they are taking votes for a Survivor type situation and people are voting for their least favorite episode of the season to pass the time until Season Quad starts.

First off was JimJam's favorite episode "Phyllis' Wedding"
Second off was "Ben Franklin"

This is intriguing, I don't know if I could possibly rank my favorites from this season. They were all fantastic. I would definitely vote for all of the episodes with Stamford CN footage at the top of my list since I thought that stuff was REALLY fresh.

Fun little concept, maybe we can keep this thread going by leeching off of the Tally project and keep discussing the happenings over there.

Damn I love this show !!! :)

General_Grievous
08-31-2007, 08:11 AM
Everyone watch this. Now. It's mandatory for Office fans. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCDXIyRdwG0

vader121
08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Awesome! Counting down to 9/27

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Everyone watch this. Now. It's mandatory for Office fans. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCDXIyRdwG0

I love you, GG. That was HYSTERICAL. Seriously, Dwight was hysterical, Michael and his movies were great and I loved Pam and her "30% more unpredictably" was AWESOME. So, is Karen still at Scranton?!!!? oh man!! And Ryan and his slick new job and Kelly's response. Oh jesus, this season is goign to be awesome. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
08-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Awesome indeed!!! :thumbsup:

First 4 episodes are an hour long..... sweeeeeeeeet!!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Best Buy has posted a pic of the season 3 Gift set. No details yet, but it looks like it includes a mini Dundie and a mini Dwight Bobblehead. It's retailing for only about 10 bucks above the regular release, so i'm assuming it won't have seasons 1-2, which is a good thing for me at least as I already have them. You can bet i'll be picking this one up on tuesday!!!! :thumbsup:

2-1B
08-31-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't normally go for gift sets but I've been planning on getting that thing just for the Dundie so I can put it on my desk at work. :)

I've been handing out Schrute Bucks at work this summer, it's hilarious !!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Quick question cos I couldn't find it: are the "directors cut" episodes going to be shown in their entirety on the DVD's or are those extra scenes going to be just in the DELETED SCENE section? anybody know? I just remember some of the directors cuts being so much funnier than what was aired, which was still pretty hysterical. thanks in advance.

and the official description in today's BB ad says: mini dundie, mini dwight bobble head and a welcome aboard letter. Gonna be 42.99, only 10 more than the regular release.

Better pic has been attached. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I've been handing out Schrute Bucks at work this summer, it's hilarious !!!

Awesome!!! I want some.... :(

Quick question cos I couldn't find it: are the "directors cut" episodes going to be shown in their entirety on the DVD's or are those extra scenes going to be just in the DELETED SCENE section? anybody know? I just remember some of the directors cuts being so much funnier than what was aired, which was still pretty hysterical. thanks in advance.

Not sure JMG. If I had to guess, I would say (hope) that the director's cut episodes would be shown as if they were regular shows and not as deleted scenes, but I'm just guessing, and hoping.

and the official description in today's BB ad says: mini dundie, mini dwight bobble head and a welcome aboard letter. Gonna be 42.99, only 10 more than the regular release.

Better pic has been attached. :thumbsup:

Definitely going to spring for this gift set, no doubt. I just hope it doesn't sell out right away and become nearly impossible to find, ala the last Best Buy exclusive (300) gift set.

2-1B
09-03-2007, 12:38 AM
iTunes had the Producer's Cuts, so I'm optimistic that the DVDs will include the same versions...

:fingers crossed:

Rocketboy
09-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Comingsoon (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdreviewsnews.php?id=36813) has a positive review of Season 3:

Movie Rating: 10 out of 10
Extras Rating: 9 out of 10

The DVD offers up a lot of great bonus features. There are a ton of episode commentaries featuring all the cast and crew. And there are an amazing number of deleted scenes. Each episode seems to have 10 to 15 minutes of these. It's like having a bunch of new episodes. Also included are an absolutely hilarious gag reel and several bits of footage from the Emmy Awards (with Conan O'Brien). Dwight and Michael's hilariously awful "Lazy Scranton" video is also here in its entirety as well as an interview with guest director Joss Whedon. There are a number of other bonus features here that will keep you busy for hours and hours. This will certainly please Office fans a lot.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Got my set this morning and I really love it. The Dundie is pretty huge and it looks like the size of an actual dundie on the show. Very cool. The welcome letter from Michael is pretty hysterical as well and the Schrute buck on the flipside of the cover is a nice touch. The bobblehead is pretty nifty, but I advise everybody who buys this set to open it in the parking lot as I checked mine out briefly in the car and it looked alright, but upon closer inspection when I got home, the head was broken! I headed back to BB and got another one and it's fine. The set seems to be selling like crazy too as we cleaned out the display when the opened at 10 and they had to restock it. Very cool stuff! :thumbsup:

so, i'm gonna eat some grub, go teach @2 pm, and finish the last three episodes of season 2 and then jump onto season three. I worked my a-- off this weekend simply so I could be lazy some of yesterday and all of today and enjoy THE OFFICE. Booya! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

edit: the back of the DVD states, "includes FIVE SUPERSIZED EPISODES." So, yeah, i think this is a good sign that the directors cuts are included!!!

2-1B
09-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Picked mine up over lunch today as well...now I just gotta track down the footage from the Target SE to see that snippet on there.

I definitely had to go with the Best Buy version for sure, though. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I searched through the thread and saw that "Branch Closing" was the first Directors Cut episode. So, I went to the episode, hit play and checked the timer and it clocked in at 30 minutes. Plus, there wasn't a deleted scene feature for that episode. So, YES, the directors cut episodes are there in all their hysterical glory!! BOOYA!!! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I picked up the box set from BB after work yesterday and its awesome. I've already watched the first 9 episodes and will start working on the others in a little bit.

UKWildcat
09-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I too just picked up my BB Box set today. I haven't cracked it open yet, but I can't wait. Also looking forward to revisiting the season in it's entirety. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
One thing i don't like is the "newpeat" version of Traveling Salesmen/The Return being on the DVD...they should have gone with the original versions of those and not these hack jobs.

Rocketboy
09-05-2007, 09:36 PM
This post should make Caeser's day: Jenna Fischer is single (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20612659/?gt1=10357).

2-1B
09-05-2007, 10:00 PM
That's sad news, I am a fan of both of them and their work. :(

That being said, a friend and I both predicted this last March after we saw them together at a Fangoria show...Jenna's career and fame was exploding and we morbidly joked that theirs would not be a long marriage. I wasn't hoping for that, though. :(

General_Grievous
09-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Poor Jenna. First she breaks her back and now this. :(

I'm up to "Branch Closing" on the DVD now. Was the part where Meredith "propositions" Michael in his office added for the director's cut? I don't remember it in the original episode. Either way, it was hilarious.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-05-2007, 10:47 PM
One thing i don't like is the "newpeat" version of Traveling Salesmen/The Return being on the DVD...they should have gone with the original versions of those and not these hack jobs.

Really? I haven't gotten that far in the DVD's yet, but i remember they were hysterical when I viewed the directors cuts online. I know the extended cut of "Branch Closing" is funny as hell.

This post should make Caeser's day: Jenna Fischer is single (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20612659/?gt1=10357).

I saw the blogs both of them posted about this and i'm seriously in shock. They seemed pretty happy together and i think like Cae, my instinct tells me it was just rising fame and going in different directions. It's a shame and I wish hte best for both of them.

I'm up to "Branch Closing" on the DVD now. Was the part where Meredith "propositions" Michael in his office added for the director's cut? I don't remember it in the original episode. Either way, it was hilarious.

and no, the meredith subplot was not in the aired version. I did love Kevin giving Pam "the rock" during that episode though. His facial expressions are pricless! :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Really? I haven't gotten that far in the DVD's yet, but i remember they were hysterical when I viewed the directors cuts online. I know the extended cut of "Branch Closing" is funny as hell.

Yeah dude I hear ya, I'm all in favor of extended cuts and I don't mind the two episodes being edited together...BUT that means they deleted some stuff, so I don't like that. :)

From what I read, Ryan's "ask me ten years ago" was nowhere to be found, so that's unfortunate. Dunno what else got cut in the reshuffling but I'm very much in favor of keeping all footage. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
09-06-2007, 10:37 PM
The Scarn Ultimatum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XAyHxIQdD0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebestweekever%2Etv%2F2007%2 F09%2F06%2Fmash%2Dups%2Dthe%2Dscran%2Dultimatum%2F )

2-1B
09-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Very clever !

I loved it, thanks Rocco. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah dude I hear ya, I'm all in favor of extended cuts and I don't mind the two episodes being edited together...BUT that means they deleted some stuff, so I don't like that. :)

From what I read, Ryan's "ask me ten years ago" was nowhere to be found, so that's unfortunate. Dunno what else got cut in the reshuffling but I'm very much in favor of keeping all footage. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I just watched "Traveling salesman/the Return" and I really can't figure out why they cut these together into one episode. Granted, we don't lose anything since they're in the deleted scenes (I checked), but we that means Harvey, the Talking Sex Crazed Computer, wasn't in the episode either as i believe it was the beginning of "The Return." But yeah, I can't figure out why they merged them together. They worked pretty well by themselves. I still enjoyed them though.

The Scarn Ultimatum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XAyHxIQdD0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebestweekever%2Etv%2F2007%2 F09%2F06%2Fmash%2Dups%2Dthe%2Dscran%2Dultimatum%2F )

That was hysterical. Many thanks! :thumbsup:

And i'm currently up to "Phyillis' Wedding." Man, this episode is so hard to watch. It's just so AWKWARD; Michael dragging the wheelchair, the announcement at the church and his speech. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I just watched "Traveling salesman/the Return" and I really can't figure out why they cut these together into one episode. Granted, we don't lose anything since they're in the deleted scenes (I checked), but we that means Harvey, the Talking Sex Crazed Computer, wasn't in the episode either as i believe it was the beginning of "The Return." But yeah, I can't figure out why they merged them together. They worked pretty well by themselves. I still enjoyed them though.

I hadn't checked the deleted scenes, thanks for confirming. That makes me feel better. :)

And i'm currently up to "Phyillis' Wedding." Man, this episode is so hard to watch. It's just so AWKWARD; Michael dragging the wheelchair, the announcement at the church and his speech. :thumbsup:

I gotta show JimJam your thumbs up, 'cause he hates this episode and I love it. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I hadn't checked the deleted scenes, thanks for confirming. That makes me feel better. :)

Actually, I just checked and the scene with Ryan nd Jim is NOT in the deleted scenes. They also cut out the scene where Oscar asks where Dwight is and Creed says he was decapitated, head right off and mentions the bird funeral and Jim remarks how none of that is real, but luckily, that's on the DVD. That's my only gripe with the DVD set; they should've kept the regular version of TS and put the directors cut of the Return on the DVD and that way, nothing was changed. I wish I could figure out a way to burn the regular version of TS and the directors cut of The Return to DVD.

JimJamBonds
09-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-19-2007, 09:24 PM
You folks should check out the $1 section at Target, you wont be disapointed:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-19-2007, 09:28 PM
What is it? WHAT IS IT?!?!?!? :D

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Trust me, you wont regret it!:razz:

2-1B
09-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Office Tally has pics of all the loot Yuke, definitely worth it. :thumbsup:

Also you might want to pick up the calendar that I saw at Wal-Mart for $4.83...probably the best $5 I ever spent in my life. lol lol lol

2-1B
09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.officetally.com/office-goodies-in-the-target-1-bins

Click on the page numbers below the first set of pics...

UKWildcat
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Awesome!!! Definitely running by Target tomorrow. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Went by Target today with hopes of picking up a couple of the mugs but they didn't have any. They had just about everything else, but no mugs. :(

RooJay
09-22-2007, 01:02 AM
I just came back from Target (got in just before closing) and ended up with a huge bag full of $1 Office items! My favorite is the Dwight Stress Ball! Picked up one for me and one for the wife! Even picked up a few mugs. Maybe your Target just hadn't stocked or finished stocking their merchandise yet, UK.

UKWildcat
09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
That's what I'm hoping RooJay. I'm gonna check back next week to see if they have some of the mugs. They had plenty of the other stuff, pencils, pens, magnets, stress balls, post-its, notepads and etc., so I'll grab that stuff next week too. Good to hear you scored a bunch of Office goodies! :thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-22-2007, 07:00 AM
No mugs here either, gosh darn it. "I am faster than 90% of all snakes"

2-1B
09-22-2007, 12:00 PM
I finally signed up for DunderMifflinInfinity, looks to be a fun little promotion.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I stopped by my Target today and they had lots of stuff, primarily notepads, sticky pads, pens, magnets and message boards. No stressballs or mugs though, but i'll keep checking. I did pick some stuff up though including magnets and some magnetic boards for memos and stuff. if you can't read it, the Dwight sticky note pad says, 'INFORMATION IS POWER.' hehehhe :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I was watching a season one episode and I forgot how much weight Steve Carell dropped between seasons! It was really weird to see that. It's also really strange how young some of them looked and it was only a couple years ago!

General_Grievous
09-27-2007, 08:37 PM
What a way to start the season!

-Michael hit Meredith with his car! :eek: I loved Dwight's comment "It's only Meredith."
-I love how Stanley just has a ballsy attitude by yelling at Michael. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???" :D
-Glad the Jim/Pam relationship finally took the next step. I damn near cheered when they got in the car together. Kind of a rough way to end the Jim/Karen fling.
-Is it just me, or was Angela looking hot this episode? Well, before her makeup started running from her crying, anyway. Pam looks better with her hair down, too.
-Creed never ceases to amaze me with his uncomfortable speeches. His question about which drugs Meredith was taking was great. And I can believe that he was a cult leader. :p

EDIT: Oh, crap! I forgot there was another half hour! Kinda jumped the gun on the post there.

Second Half
-The Angela/Dwight arguments were hilarious.
-Why did Michael need to be half naked in his office?
-Yay! The stripper came back!
-The fun run was awesome, from Daryl hitting on the stripper and feeding the squirrel to Stanley, Oscar and Creed bailing out in the taxi. :D

Seriously, if this is any indication for how the rest of the season will go, then The Office has still got it.

Last but not least, is anyone else hoping that they sell that "Schrute Farms Beets" shirt on NBC.com?

2-1B
09-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Angela is always hot...she turns me on !!!

I was hoping Jam wouldn't be Jam yet but they seem to have it set up very well.

Last week I finally got going on the Target run, loaded up on 23 different $1 items including 3 different mugs. My desk at work is adorned with more Dunder Mifflin swag that I could have ever imagined. :crazed:

Roy/Pamela Anderson, I love it !!!!!

UKWildcat
09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Awesome ep., great way to start the season.

Andy's chafing nipples about killed me, and they were bleeding there at the end. Him running behind Kevin was great too. :thumbsup:

Creed, I believe he said he was 82?!??! lol

And yeah, that was one of the greatest intros yet, Michael hitting Meredith with his car.

Michael didn't have to be naked in his office, but he was changing into his run gear if you were posing a serious question GG.

Jim and Pam... awww.... such a cute couple. ;)

Dwight putting Angela's cat out of its misery, while making it more miserable in the process, was disturbing, yet down right hilarious.

Think I may give that one another watch here in a bit. :)

and Caesar has always had a thing for Angela. :D

2-1B
09-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Creed, I believe he said he was 82?!??! lol

November 1st. lol

Hey check this out, a movie poster that would go good with my collection...

http://www.threatlevelmidnight.tv/posters/tlm.html

RooJay
09-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Last but not least, is anyone else hoping that they sell that "Schrute Farms Beets" shirt on NBC.com?

I would absolutely kill for a "Support the Rabid" wristband!lol

vader121
09-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Did anyone else notice also that Pam was weating a tighter sweater/blouse showing off her splendid curves?

I wonder for this years finale if Pam and Jim get married ... in the office.

Jan is a complete nut! They really turned her character into something disturbing only because Michael is such a goof and she adores him. It's just weird. Funny though, don't get me wrong.

I love how the check was made out to "Science" and was for like $340. Also how Michael mad ethe comment to the stripper: "Hello, glad to see you went back to school." (or something like that)

Creed rules!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Did anyone else notice also that Pam was weating a tighter sweater/blouse showing off her splendid curves?

I wonder for this years finale if Pam and Jim get married ... in the office.

Jan is a complete nut! They really turned her character into something disturbing only because Michael is such a goof and she adores him. It's just weird. Funny though, don't get me wrong.

I love how the check was made out to "Science" and was for like $340. Also how Michael mad ethe comment to the stripper: "Hello, glad to see you went back to school." (or something like that)
Creed rules!

Yeah, Pam was lookin' fiesty hot and comfortable now that she's with Jim. This was a long time coming and at first, I was slightly worried they wouldn't be together, but I had a feeling it was a secret and bam, it was. I loved the expressions on their faces when they were watching the film. That was great. Glad to see them together as I don't think anybody wanted more of the "will they" or "won't they" shenanigans again. I don't see them getting married for at least another season or two at this point. In fact, I suspect that would be the finale of the show?

I LOVED how the check was just generally made out to "Science" and how everybody raised their hand about knowing somebody affected by rabies as ya know, Meredith was. And how about michael being cool about things when he hits meredith, but when he finds out Sprinkles died, he starts crying?!

I would absolutely kill for a "Support the Rabid" wristband!lol

They have those on NBC.com, but they're not due out until mid october. The shirts are all backordered as i assume they're not out till october as well.

- I loved Ryan still makin' random appearances in the episode, from NYC, Michael's BOSS of all things. That's great.
- It was also great how Creed, Oscar and Stanley got a cab and went out for drinks. That was hysterical.
- I was kinda sad that we didn't see hardly any of Karen. I would've thought she would've stayed around for at least and episode or two. Oh well.

Hysterical episode and a great way to start the season! :thumbsup:

jjreason
09-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I laughed a few times, but all in all this was a low "laughs per minute" episode for me. Michael had me rolling my eyes again, this time lying on top of Meredith. The subtlety is what used to get me with this show, and they've really seem to have been a lot more "over the top" with Michael's stupidity in seasons 3 and 4.

I do like Jim and Pam being together, that was nice to see.

2-1B
09-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Looks like 4 more new episodes in a row...then what ? Probably a repeat at that time ?

I love this f***ing show.

JEDIpartner
09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I like Toby. I want him to blow a gasket one day and go off on Michael. :)

2-1B
09-30-2007, 03:11 PM
JP, I LOVE Toby...he's great. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
This one is for GG (http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=42544&SESSID=b916e09262e1eea82cb01cff92bd8250)

JimJamBonds
09-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I like the Schrute Buck t-shirt.

DarthQuack
09-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Just got a chance to watch the episode on NBC.com....I liked it a lot, Andy's nipples were the highlight of course....and the 3 heading to the bar for a half hour.

2-1B
09-30-2007, 09:54 PM
I love that Schrute Buck shirt too, would love to get it.

JimJamBonds
09-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I love that Schrute Buck shirt too, would love to get it.

Christmas is only a few months away.......

General_Grievous
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
This one is for GG (http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=42544&SESSID=b916e09262e1eea82cb01cff92bd8250)

Thanks for the heads up, JJ! I know what I'm getting for Christmas!

2-1B
10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
"He smells like what I think Pierce Brosnan probably smells like."

General_Grievous
10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Garbage the cat is going to be a new fan favorite.

So Ryan's sort of turned into a d-bag with his new job, but that stuff Kelly pulled on him was damn funny. Still, he was coming off as pompous when he was hitting on Pam. But leave it to Jim to add that pimp comment, "I guess he can't have any girl he wants." :thumbsup:

Creed keeps knocking them out of the park...did he really call Stanley "Sammy"? :p And him dying his hair with ink just about killed me. :D

"This is THE LAKE!!!! THIS IS THE LAKE!!!!" :D Why the hell did Michael keep driving?

And then it just kept getting better with the quotes. "WHERE ARE THE TURTLES???!!" and "I drove into the f**king lake" damn near redeemed Michael from "Phyllis's Wedding".

Really great episode tonight. But I just wish it went back to its 8:30 timeslot.

2-1B
10-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Very polarizing episode, they are back and forth on it over on Office Tally...some love it, some hate it.

I don't think it was in the Top 15 episodes or anything, but still very enjoyable.

Dwight and the breakup is the best part of this episode !!!

And the quote I put above. I Love Andy. :D

RooJay
10-05-2007, 03:13 AM
How awesome is it that a character as broadly drawn as Kelly still comes off as completely realistic? I have actually known girls like that in real life! I think I may have even dated one of 'em!:thumbsup:

vader121
10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
It was a weak episode and the hour dragged. Too long for the subject matter of the episode.

Driving into the Lake was completely absurd.

Overall I give it a D.

This may be the early beginnings of what happened last year. First several episodes were weak and they finished strong.

UKWildcat
10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I thought the episode was mediocre at best; easily one of my least favorite episodes of the series.

Creed was one of the very few bright spots.

Hopefully the show bounces back next week.

General_Grievous
10-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, Cae, you're definitely right about the polarization. For the record, I actually enjoyed this episode more than last week's episode.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2007, 06:11 PM
"This is THE LAKE!!!! THIS IS THE LAKE!!!!" :D Why the hell did Michael keep driving?
To prove his point about technology.

I liked this one too, but I will be glad when they return to the half-hour format. Creed was the funniest, especially when he was asking about Red Bull. lol

jjreason
10-06-2007, 10:01 PM
The hour dragged indeed - this is a 30 minute show, and I've never been more convinced of that than after watching the second 60 minute episode. Not nearly enough funny for 60 minutes.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Best part: When Michael said he couldnt print new pictures becaue the printer was out of ink and the camera briefly panned to Creed........

2-1B
10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Okay guys, it was definitely a different vibed episode but I still liked it...and the three or four times I've rewatched it, it keeps getting better and better. :)

Driving into the Lake was completely absurd.

This may be the early beginnings of what happened last year. First several episodes were weak and they finished strong.

Absurd, yes, but not as absurd as grilling his foot on a Foreman Grill. lol

I disagree on last year, I thought Gay Witch Hunt was a solid opener and The Convention was one of the best episodes ever. :)

I thought the episode was mediocre at best; easily one of my least favorite episodes of the series.

Creed was one of the very few bright spots.

Hopefully the show bounces back next week.

Creed was definitely great but I also liked Dwight and his coping with Angela's break up, some great work there by Rainn Wilson. :)

Well, Cae, you're definitely right about the polarization. For the record, I actually enjoyed this episode more than last week's episode.

Me too, I liked Fun Run but thought this one was even better. I don't think these two episodes are among the best of the show's work but I don't want rehashes of old episodes...so I am curious about this current direction and am excited to see where it goes. Last year some fans disliked all the Stamford scenes but those are among my favorites. :)

The hour dragged indeed - this is a 30 minute show, and I've never been more convinced of that than after watching the second 60 minute episode. Not nearly enough funny for 60 minutes.

Well, I disagree on the principle of this show being a 30 minute show...cuz I like the long ones. On the matter of the 60 minutes thing, it's kinda odd because it's really noticeable when you get to the halfway mark for these because the show kinda "ends" halfway through, making it easy to chop into two episodes for syndication.

Still, you're saying that this wasn't funny enough for an hour, and Vader said that above as well, so I know what you mean. I disagree though, but I see where you're coming from. :)

UKWildcat
10-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Okay guys, it was definitely a different vibed episode but I still liked it...and the three or four times I've rewatched it, it keeps getting better and better. :)

I can't imagine watching that episode three or four times... once was enough for me.

jjreason
10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I guess it's more fair for me to say that I take The Office best in 30 minute installments - that way I can accept some of the blame. ;)

Still, I can't help but feel these first two season 4 eps just don't rate among the best episodes of the series. The pace has to pick up.

UKWildcat
10-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Someone just sent me this video and I thought I'd pass it along:

Checkout the guitarist at 1:48 in (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFZsrs32Co). Awesome stuff!!! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
My favorite part of this episode was Dwight vs. the computer ("What is a Jim?" :p)

The kidnapping of the pizza boy was a bit much, even for Michael. Hey, at least Andy got to do something funny this week. The airhorn and trying to seduce Angela was brilliant. :D

I'm kind of glad next week is the last hour long episode for a while. They're starting to get a bit exhausting.

2-1B
10-11-2007, 11:45 PM
My favorite part was "Take a Chance" by Here Comes Treble. :crazed:

Very good episode, man does Angela ever turn me on...:love:

RooJay
10-12-2007, 02:31 AM
My favorite part was "Take a Chance" by Here Comes Treble. :crazed:

Very good episode, man does Angela ever turn me on...:love:

Whew! Good to know I'm not the only person who thinks she's totally hot!:yes:

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Poor Dwight, I felt so bad watching him continuosly getting rejected.

vader121
10-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Another mediocre episode. We can all agree 60 mins is way too much.

I laughed once last night and I don't even remember at what part. That isn't good.

Angela is hot. She has that mysterious naughty librarian look about her.
She has the rough exterior but once you get her to open up she's probably a tiger in the sack.:whip:

2-1B
10-12-2007, 09:25 PM
We can all agree 60 mins is way too much.

Uh, not me...I love the hourlongs.

Y'all can go ahead and keep jumping off the bandwagon, I'll be too busy laughing at this stuff. :D

I'm watching it right now for the 3rd time, tons of great stuff:

Darrell and his grunting at Kelly
Darrell telling Dwight to sell paper like a man
"Damnit Kelly! It knows! It knows what you did!"
"What is a Jim?"
"You are the superior being"
Take a chance on me performed by Here Comes Treble
Dwight telling Andy he can't date Angela but he can date Kelly..."you are also welcome to date Toby"
Andy talking about not mixing business and pleasure, so how do you explain a Putt Putt mini-golf course?
Phyllis' post it notes
Phyllis' internet research
Angela's condescension to Phyllis, "these are SPOONS."
Pam explaining that Dwight mercy killed Angela's cat and now with the break up they are more unpleasant as usual
Jim trying to get Michael to use the word Ransom
Dwight's commentary about the Geneva Convention "listen kid, I don't like you but since some town in Switzerland says so, you have rights."
Ryan the douchebag with his feet up on that table like a big wig but he gets scolded for being in there.
Andy stealing for Angela "one thing made of ice"
Michael's redundant but executive decision "I'll just wave and say hello" (don't remember exactly what he said)
Jim knowing that Pam's yogurt had expired
The opening sequence with the DVD screen saver, I'm totally guilty of that!(And hey that was back to the vignette style of earlier episodes)
Andy saying "up to and possibly including now I've repulsed you" and also his interpretations of Angela's vibes.

That's off the top of my head, there's more gold in this episode.

Honestly though guys, did I miss something over the summer? Did the sense of humor die in this thread over the summer ? :D

I'm gonna miss the hourlongs :( but I still look forward to new episodes. :)

RooJay
10-13-2007, 02:58 AM
Uh, not me...I love the hourlongs.

Y'all can go ahead and keep jumping off the bandwagon, I'll be too busy laughing at this stuff. :D

Me an' you Cease. Me an' you. Hell, I'd watch if the show were 24 hours long!

Is anyone else expecting to see Ryan take a big tumble from his lofty perch by the end of the season? After this past episode, it looks like he's possibly not as much of a big shot as he thinks he is. I can see it coming now...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Me an' you Cease. Me an' you. Hell, I'd watch if the show were 24 hours long!

Is anyone else expecting to see Ryan take a big tumble from his lofty perch by the end of the season? After this past episode, it looks like he's possibly not as much of a big shot as he thinks he is. I can see it coming now...

Yeah, I see Ryan getting his arse handed to him somehow. I don't think he'll go back to Scranton, but he's far too cocky at his current position.

And i loved this episode: the pizza guy thing was great and I loved how he and Dwight knew each other. And Dwight was looking rough and I really liked how apprehensive Pam was at first and then bam, the horn and she was game. And Dwights reaction to "You beat me. You are the superior being" was great. Great episode! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
10-13-2007, 10:39 AM
One of the greatest intros ever, the DVD screen saver. lol :thumbsup:

I enjoyed this past episode, a major improvement over that turd episode last week; although this could mainly be attributed to Andy, he was on point.

I'll be honest: With what they've done thus far, I'm not a fan of the hour long episodes. I'd rather watch a 30 minute show that consists of non-stop hilarity (like most prior episodes) than an hour long show that just drags out, wears thin, and has jokes sparingly throughout. I will welcome the change back to 30 minute episodes, w/o a doubt. :tired: And this is coming from someone who considers them self to be an Office fanatic. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-13-2007, 10:59 AM
One of the greatest intros ever, the DVD screen saver. lol :thumbsup:

Agreed!! Cos, as somebody who has retail electronics, i can say that those DVD screen saver things are oddly addicting to watch. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, tonight's episode was great!

I absolutely loved seeing the Schrute Beet Farm (and cousin Mose) again. Mose running alongside Jim's car just about killed me. :D "We are completely wireless here at Schrute Beet Farm. As soon as I find out where Mose hid the wires, we'll get the power back on." And Pam seeing Mose using the outhouse was golden.

Michael moonlighting as a telemarketer was surprising, but I loved how he still managed to bother Stanley in the process.

The "presentation" was pretty funny, if only to see Kevin explode at everyone for not coming to see his band. Poor Kevin.

The second half of the episode wasn't quite as funny. It was really sad to see Dwight so miserable after his breakup with Angela, but at least he got out of his funk eventually. Still, it had its moments, like Michael hauling *** towards the train after he told Jan he was bankrupt.

2-1B
10-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I loved it, best one of the 4 so far (and they've all been good).

It's one thing after the next with this show, I mean the list of stuff that cracks me up is too long to type. lol lol lol

Poor Dwight, I really feel bad for him. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2007, 09:29 PM
REALLY enjoyed tonights episode, especially after poor outings by Earl and 30 Rock. I LOVED the scenes on the Schrute farm and Mos running so close to the car was HYSTERICAL to me. That dude creeps me out. I loved how he threw manure at Dwight too; that was great.

I also enjoyed the more dramatic parts of the episode: Dwight trying to get over his breakup with Angela although he has a really funny cry/wail. I loved the kiss Jim gave to Pam although I saw that coming as soon as he started talking. I also enjoyed Jan sticking with michael.......as she should as she's the source of their debt! I LOVED how michael was singing what he knew of "Runaway Train." GREAT episode! :thumbsup:

2-1B
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Well said Guyute, I guess that's one of the things I like about the hourlongs - I find that they can get a little more drama in it, which I love.

Oh jeez, I'm watching it again right now and poor Dwight is wailing in his bedroom. :D
Man is that sad :cry: / funny :D !!!!!

UKWildcat
10-19-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't know guys. I thought it was another mediocre at best episode. Maybe I am being to critical. Maybe I expect too much from the show that used to make me laugh non-stop and make me giddy for Thursday nights... One thing is for sure (imo)... The Office ain't what it used to be. Hopefully all will change when the show switches back to 30 minute episodes. :tired:

Best part of this episode was "William Charles Synder"

RooJay
10-19-2007, 05:16 AM
I also enjoyed Jan sticking with michael.......as she should as she's the source of their debt! I LOVED how michael was singing what he knew of "Runaway Train." GREAT episode! :thumbsup:

Was she the source of his debt? I didn't come away with that somehow. It certainly looked that way at first, but I thought Oscar had done a good job of pointing out that Michael's debt was due to his penchant for buying a hell of a lot of useless junk. Did they ever mention directly that he had bought any of that stuff (magic sets?) for Jan? Maybe I missed something?

I for one am really digging the Kelly/Darryl relationship subplot! Kelly to me has been the new breakout star of this season (she's always been hilarious, though!) Darryl is the man for putting her in check the way he did: "You need to get in touch with yo un-crazy side."

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Maybe I was too tired last night, but I hardly chuckled once. Mose running along side the car and Pam seeing him in the outhouse were about the best parts. I think Ill have to watch it again.

BTW I thought Earl was awesome, a lot better than more recent episodes. Although, I would like to see him get back on track with his list; this prison thing and the court stuff from last season just isnt the same. It was nice to see old H.R. back in ninja action!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Was she the source of his debt? I didn't come away with that somehow. It certainly looked that way at first, but I thought Oscar had done a good job of pointing out that Michael's debt was due to his penchant for buying a hell of a lot of useless junk. Did they ever mention directly that he had bought any of that stuff (magic sets?) for Jan? Maybe I missed something?

I for one am really digging the Kelly/Darryl relationship subplot! Kelly to me has been the new breakout star of this season (she's always been hilarious, though!) Darryl is the man for putting her in check the way he did: "You need to get in touch with yo un-crazy side."

Well, she might not be the ultimate source, but she's definately not helping things. They both spend money on really goofy stuff like she's buying more and more stuff for his apartment and whatnot, but I do like the constant referencing to Michael and his love of magic, magic camp, magic sets, etc. lol

And yeah, the Kelly/Darryl relationship is great!! I love how he can just get her to quit her yapping and his "un crazy side" comment was good. Darryl always cracks me up, primarily because he's also so unmotivated and bored with his job and you can see it.

And Schurte farms is on tripadvisor!! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52842-d730099-Reviews-Schrute_Farms-Honesdale_Pennsylvania.html

heheheheheh AWESOME.

and i read a quick blurb on the Wiki and saw an episode summary for a show in a few weeks regarding a certain character..

When Karen tries to woo Stanley away from Scranton, Michael fights back, dragging her ex, Jim, into his war. Meanwhile, the existence of a “Finer Things Club” further disturbs Dunder Mifflin’s calm

should be interesting :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I need to watch it again (I was doing homework while it was on), but I thought it was really good. Much better than this season has been so far.

2-1B
10-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Good find on the Trip Advisor, Guy. :thumbsup:

FACT: I love Fridays at work after a new Office episode, we have sooooo much fun in our office recapping it the next morning. :grin:

JimJamBonds
10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll take irrigation.

JEDIpartner
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't know guys. I thought it was another mediocre at best episode.

I'm with you on this. The hour-long episodes were pretty random and had some funny moments, but weren't up to par with the rest of the series. I, too, hope that the show gets back on track once they are back with the standard half-hour format.

2-1B
10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Good stuff tonight, pretty well written episode from BJ Novak. :)

General_Grievous
10-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Tonight's episode was good. I loved Dwight's internet avatar. :p And Michael's "director's cut" commercial was brilliant.

Oh, D!!! :D

2-1B
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
You guys know I'm a big fan of the hourlongs and I would take them all the time...but I think the fans who weren't high on the 1st four episodes will be pleased with tonight's episode - it definitely had a punchier feel to it, certainly hit more frequent and consecutive beats.

I like both styles. :)

RooJay
10-26-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't know, I would've liked to see a bit more exploration of Dwight's second life; looks like some comedy gold there! Too bad there wasn't more time.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Second, second life.

Jim's avatar.

Oh D.

"You have a son. It's Me."

Stanley in a prison jumpsuit.

"Limitless paper in a paperless world."

This was waaaaayyyyyyy better than the last hour long.

Goodbye Andy Bernard.

2-1B
10-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Go easy on the 'Nard Dog !!!!!

JimJamBonds
10-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I agree with what Caesar said above the episode was much more solid throughout compared to those 4 hour long episodes.

While its great that there has been 5 new episodes straight (with another 3 coming) we will really have some long stretches without new episodes.