PDA

View Full Version : "the Office" (american version)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Rocketboy
10-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Where's you see a 4 hour long episode?
;)

JimJamBonds
10-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Where's you see a 4 hour long episode?
;)

When I watched the first 4 episodes back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

2-1B
10-29-2007, 12:40 AM
This week's looks to be hilarious, I saw the TV spot before...very good premise, with you-know-who coming back to the show. I can't wait ! :grin:

Rocketboy
10-30-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.froggy101.com/
You can request a bumper sticker like Dwight's.

Rocketboy
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Could this week's episode with the return of Karen be the seeds of a rumored spin-off (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31957&page=26)?

NBC Developing The Office Spin-Off
Source: TV Guide (http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049)
October 30, 2007

TV Guide (http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049) reports that NBC (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=38911#) is developing an episode of comedy "The Office" that would introduce several new characters who would then be spun off into a new series.

The proposed "Office 2" is not expected to include any of the mother ship's core cast, as producers are already casting about for a "name" to headline the potential show.

2-1B
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I can't say the sound of that appeals to me....they need to think that through some more.

General_Grievous
11-01-2007, 11:12 AM
The only way I'd love an "Office" spin-off is if it took place completely in cyber-world with Dwight's and Jim's avatars.

General_Grievous
11-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Tonight was a good episode. Seeing a conclusion to the Jim/Karen relationship was both hilarious and probably one of the most awkward moments on the show so far, especially their parting words to each other. :p

Dwight's handlebar mustache disguise was great. "WE WILL BURN UTICA TO THE GROUND!!!"

Oscar's "Besides having sex with other men, I'd say the Finer Things Club is the gayest thing about me." had me rolling. :D Andy trying to get into the club was funny, as was the meeting discussing "Angela's Ashes".

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Tonight was a good episode. Seeing a conclusion to the Jim/Karen relationship was both hilarious and probably one of the most awkward moments on the show so far, especially their parting words to each other. :p

Dwight's handlebar mustache disguise was great. "WE WILL BURN UTICA TO THE GROUND!!!"

Oscar's "Besides having sex with other men, I'd say the Finer Things Club is the gayest thing about me." had me rolling. :D Andy trying to get into the club was funny, as was the meeting discussing "Angela's Ashes".

All good points. I was nearly squirming in my chair when Karen walked over to the car. Jim really should have just stood up and told her some honest truth. He can be kind of a wussy sometimes.

And seriously, when Dwight said, "I think I cut my penis on the lid!" I almost in tears. Their whole subplot was hysterical.

and Oscar's comment was also great. Their club was nifty and when Phyllis took forever to use the microwave, I couldn't stop laughing. GREAT episode tonight, quite possibly one of my favorite episodes ever. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
11-02-2007, 12:19 AM
And seriously, when Dwight said, "I think I cut my penis on the lid!" I almost in tears. Their whole subplot was hysterical.

Yeah, that part was hilarious. That is quite possibly the first time I laughed out loud all season, which is sad in a way.

GREAT episode tonight, quite possibly one of my favorite episodes ever. :thumbsup:

It was a good episode and I'm glad to see the show "get back in track" so to speak, but I don't know if I'd go that far and say it was one of my favorites. ;)

2-1B
11-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Then let me do it, cuz that's gotta be in the top 25 episodes...MAN was that ever a fun one. :D Gonna watch it again right now. :thumbsup:

RooJay
11-02-2007, 03:37 AM
"The eyes are the crotch of the face.":D:thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I was happy to see Stanley wasn't leaving. What was the ad?

WANTED
Sassy black man
Big butt
Even bigger heart

I can't believe Dwight had made bombs. WTF was he thinking? The handlebar was awesome.

Also cant believe he threw Jims phone out the window.

The peeing in the can was pretty bad.

Im suprised Ryan wasnt called about the industrial coppier. I was hoping for some disciplinary action.

I wasnt aware Karen was a regional manager, or even that she was still with D.M.

It was a good episode, although it seems that most of them have not even taken place in the office lately. I miss that.

Oh, and the Bueller dummy was rediculous. "How is sleeping at your desk any better than you not actually being here?"

Rocketboy
11-03-2007, 12:37 AM
I thought this episode was pretty bad, compared to most Office episode (but a bad Office episode is still better than 95% of all other shows).
The whole mission with disguises was too far out there even for Michale and Dwight.
And Dwight wanting to literally bomb the building? Retarded and way out of character (even for Dwight).

Rocketboy
11-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Just saw that Joss Whedon was back to direct last week's episode.
IMDB (http://imdb.com/title/tt1031474/)

UKWildcat
11-04-2007, 01:07 AM
I thought this episode was pretty bad, compared to most Office episode (but a bad Office episode is still better than 95% of all other shows).

But you have to admit that it was the best episode of the season thus far, eh? eh?!?!?

2-1B
11-04-2007, 03:57 AM
I'm watching it again right now, probably my 6th viewing of this episode...definitely the best of the season and my initial impressions of it cracking a Top 25 stands firm, it gets better every time. lol

Michael telling Jim if something happens to him, "host the Dundies."

"The eyes are the groin of the head."

DarthQuack
11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I wish I could grow a mustache like the ones they had.

JimJamBonds
11-05-2007, 11:00 PM
"I'm Spraying Everywhere!"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2007, 12:18 AM
So, Steve Carrell didn't show up for work today thanks to the WGA strike. Let's enjoy these last few episodes before christmas cos this season is pretty much finito. :(

2-1B
11-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I was reading that in James Gunn's blog...I'm so bummed. :(

JimJamBonds
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
So, Steve Carrell didn't show up for work today thanks to the WGA strike. Let's enjoy these last few episodes before christmas cos this season is pretty much finito. :(

Greg Daniels said that for every month of the strike 3 episodes won't be made. Also D. Fart Schrute didn't show up to work as well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I read that NBC is considering running episodes of the British Office during the strike. :rolleyes: Yeah, I was never that impressed with it. Gonna be a long winter, folks. :tired:

Edit: just read that Greg Daniels said the last new episode of THE OFFICE airs next week. So, yup, last new one, next week. dammit.

Rocketboy
11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Say goodbye to The Office...for now:

Carell Ducks 'The Office' for Strikers
Nov. 7, 2007, 2:34 PM EST

The Associated Press
NEW YORK -- Filming has stopped on the popular NBC sitcom "The Office" because star Steve Carell (http://entertainment.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=272476) has refused to cross the picket lines of striking writers, a producer said Wednesday.
Greg Daniels, executive producer of the show, says the last new episode of the show will air next week. It is among at least eight prime-time shows to stop shooting as of Wednesday because of the strike.
A publicist for Carell did not immediately return calls from The Associated Press.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=282973&GT1=7703

JimJamBonds
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I saw a video with 4-5 regulars picketing so its far more then S.C.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Hmmmmmm, why does every episode have to end up being about something totally ridiculous out of the office? Michael being out in the woods was somewhat obnoxious. Made no sense.

vader121
11-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Another weak episode. This whole season has been weak. I just don't get excited for thursday nights anymore. Could spell it's demise. To compound things this strike thing is throwing a wrench in the works too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I enjoyed this episode. I liked the transition Jim had when he got a bit of power. It was nice and different to see Jim behaving like a complete *** for once, overstepping that line of sarcastic and schmuck. I had to laugh when Phyllis called him Michael; that was great! That end scene between Jim and michael was funny stuff. Jim realizing that michael has a bit more to him and his style. And the discussion on "that's what she said" was good.

And michael in the wild was good stuff, especially with Dwight following him around and how funny was it when Dwight poached those eggs and was cooking them?!?!!

"Tell her it's for Creed, she'll know what it means." lol

I also thought Dwight's hidden weapons were HYSTERICAL. "Mr. A Knife." Oh man, i couldn't stop laughing. Solid episode! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
11-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I liked last night's episode, but not so much "Michael's Adventures in the Forest", which I thought was worse than his antics at Phyllis's Wedding. Luckily, Dwight was there with some funny material, like cooking the bird eggs. :p I also liked their conversation in the car. "I wouldn't leave you for dead. I would remove your teeth and your fingertips so they can't trace any DNA." "Wow, you are as creepy as a real serial killer."

I loved the "Birthday Month" storyline though. That sort of saved the episode for me. I nearly wet myself when Creed was furious over his peach cobbler. Andy requesting a Fudgie the Whale cake was funny, too. And for some reason, I thought Kevin beating Dwight with a blow-up doll was hysterical. :D

Not the greatest episode this season, but I was still satisfied.

2-1B
11-09-2007, 07:53 PM
It wasn't as great as last week's, which is already one of my all time favorites, but this one was still very solid, I laughed at alot of it.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

RooJay
11-11-2007, 12:16 AM
I kind of saw Jim's dealie there as him intentionally trying to help Michael out by making everyone realize how much they actually enjoy some of the crap he pulls in the office. Maybe I was reading more into that, but it totally seemed like he knew what he was doing from the start and was purposely trying to rile everyone up.

JimJamBonds
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
All in all I thought it was a solid episode. I also saw the "Jim as Michael" thing coming but I still loved it none the less. My favorite was Jim complaining about Toby.

2-1B
11-14-2007, 10:44 PM
I picked up the Dunder Hoodie at Kohl's thanks to a heads up from JimJam...

Tomorrow we mourn. :cry:

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Whoa so what hapens? I haven't seen anything yet.....

2-1B
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Last episode for awhile. Hence the mourning. :cry:

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Ahhhhhh.....I thought someone was going to die, again. Cant wait to find out what the deal with Jan is, I just saw a little quick bit on tv.

General_Grievous
11-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Decent episode tonight, but it's sad to know that it's the last one for a while. :(

The ping-pong subplot was funny. It had some great moments, like the Pam-Kelly hostility and Dwight's deadpan "He works here, dumbass." :D But the best was Pam and Kelly's "ping-pong match". :p

Even though I laughed at the "That's what she said" joke tonight, do they really need to have one every week? I mean, there is too much of a good thing. Maybe they were getting it out of their system before the strike.

But one thing that isn't funny anymore is Michael's constant mistreatment of Toby. Michael smacking his tray off the table was uncalled for. I'm glad Toby is getting a copy of that diary. He deserves some vengeance. :evil:

Damn writers' strike. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Decent episode tonight, but it's sad to know that it's the last one for a while. :(

The ping-pong subplot was funny. It had some great moments, like the Pam-Kelly hostility and Dwight's deadpan "He works here, dumbass." :D But the best was Pam and Kelly's "ping-pong match". :p

Even though I laughed at the "That's what she said" joke tonight, do they really need to have one every week? I mean, there is too much of a good thing. Maybe they were getting it out of their system before the strike.

But one thing that isn't funny anymore is Michael's constant mistreatment of Toby. Michael smacking his tray off the table was uncalled for. I'm glad Toby is getting a copy of that diary. He deserves some vengeance. :evil:

Damn writers' strike. I hope it gets resolved soon.

I did enjoy Kelly trash talkin' to Pam and I was hoping to see more of their horrible match, but I did like how Jim and Daryl just didn't care. I did like Dwight beating up on jim though.

and I think the "that's what she said joke" was only said the last two episodes as I don't remember it much before. I didn't mind it though cos that's michael scott.

and I agree: Michael knocking that tray off was uncalled for and I did LOVE it when Toby was giggling at him during the conference. That was sweet revenge!! :thumbsup:

and how great was it at the end with Mose and Dwight playing ping pong?!?! :thumbsup:

Pretty bleak way to end the season (hopefully not) though: michael and Jan on the rocks. Didn't expect that.

Get resolved writers strike!

2-1B
11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Disagreed on the Toby front, that guy has it coming !!!

"Are you here to renew your divorce vows?" :D :D :D

Rocketboy
11-15-2007, 11:02 PM
and I think the "that's what she said joke" was only said the last two episodes as I don't remember it much before. I didn't mind it though cos that's michael scott.Do you mean recently. or you don't remember being used much at all? It's almost a catch phrase for Michael.

I loved the way it backfired on him tonight.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Do you mean recently. or you don't remember being used much at all? It's almost a catch phrase for Michael.

I loved the way it backfired on him tonight.

Oh, just recently, I know michael loves to say it, but I can only recall it recently as in the last two episodes.

And cae, how in the hizzy did Toby have it coming to him?! He's usually pretty tolerant of michael's actions. Tonight michael went way too far!:p

2-1B
11-15-2007, 11:53 PM
JMGuy, I have a vengeance against Toby for his actions in "outing" Jim and Pam...also the way he pines away for Pam is gross. :D

UKWildcat
11-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Overall, I'd have to say this was a very weak and rather pointless episode.

To me, it is really disappointing at how bad this season has been in comparison to the three previous seasons. With regards to the writer's strike and The Office, I think it is going to be a wonderful thing. I can live without these very sub-par episodes for a while as long as when they return, they return to the quality that once was. So to me, I think this show can benefit from an extended break so the show has time to right the many wrongs and possibly save the remainder of the season, or start the next season out good and just scrap this one all together. If what has aired thus far were to be released on DVD, I would definitely pass on buying it; without a doubt!

I don't know guys. I consider(ed) myself to be a very big The Office fan but it is extremely upsetting and disappointing at how poor this season has been thus far. It hurts me to even write these words but I believe them to be nothing but the truth. :sad:

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Overall, I'd have to say this was a very weak and rather pointless episode.

To me, it is really disappointing at how bad this season has been in comparison to the three previous seasons. With regards to the writer's strike and The Office, I think it is going to be a wonderful thing. I can live without these very sub-par episodes for a while as long as when they return, they return to the quality that once was. So to me, I think this show can benefit from an extended break so the show has time to right the many wrongs and possibly save the remainder of the season, or start the next season out good and just scrap this one all together. If what has aired thus far were to be released on DVD, I would definitely pass on buying it; without a doubt!

I don't know guys. I consider(ed) myself to be a very big The Office fan but it is extremely upsetting and disappointing at how poor this season has been thus far. It hurts me to even write these words but I believe them to be nothing but the truth. :sad:

Agreed. And hopefully if/when they do come back, I would like to see the entire cast involved like they used to be. Not just Michael, Dwight, Jim, and Pam with maybe a sprinkling of someone else. It's getting boring.

Toby giggling was awesome though.

General_Grievous
11-16-2007, 09:23 AM

I don't know. I consider "The Office" to be like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still good.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-06-2008, 09:42 AM
PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::mad:

Picked up Season 3 at Target for $19 last week.

2-1B
01-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I have the Office desk calendar on my desk at work which JimJam picked up for me...it's nice to have a daily quote waiting for me when I get there in the morning.

UKWildcat
01-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Hopefully none of the quotes are from Season 4.

2-1B
01-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Can someone please tell me what Yuke said since he's on my Ignore list ? :confused:
j/k lol but you are seriously outta your mind. Local Ad, Branch Wars, and The Deposition are among the top 20 episodes in my opinion. I just watched them again recently, good stuff. Give them a chance again while the strike is on. :)

UKWildcat
01-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't know if I can stomach the re-watching of any of the garbage that composed Season 4. Granted, I did think one or two episodes were slightly better than mediocre, but overall, the season was pretty awful. The Office was by far my favorite comedy on tv before season 4 started but the show took a serious dip in quality and hilarity, much to my, and countless others', disappointment. Even though I am/was a huge Office fan, like many of you know, I can't ignore how bad what aired of Season 4 was. I just hope that when the show returns, it returns to it's old form. Over Christmas break (for the Holiday Challenge) I watched a couple of the Office Christmas episodes (Seasons 2 and 3) and the shows comedy was effortless. Now they are trying too hard, and are not succeeding for the most part; I don't think the hour long episodes helped either. Like I said before, I think this strike will be a wonderful thing for the Office this year, a blessing in disguise...

And yes, it still pains me to write these negative words about a show that I loved so much in the past. I will say optimistic and hope that when the show returns it will be better than ever!

UKWildcat
01-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Please forgive me Caesar. :love:

2-1B
04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I am wary of the reports of a spinoff...I'll give it a try but I'm nervous.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN0246739620080402?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

UKWildcat
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I heard about this earlier today as well. I wonder if the spin-off will be about Ryan? This is the most logical choice that I can come up with, considering his role on the show now, and the fact that B.J. Novak is a producer/writer and actor (obviously) for The Office. Either way, it will be interesting to see who it is...

General_Grievous
04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
If the spinoff is about the adventures of Dwight and Mose on the beet farm, then I'm sure it'll be golden.

RooJay
04-08-2008, 02:44 AM
If the spinoff is about the adventures of Dwight and Mose on the beet farm, then I'm sure it'll be golden.

I'd pay to see that one!

OC47150
04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I heard about this earlier today as well. I wonder if the spin-off will be about Ryan? This is the most logical choice that I can come up with, considering his role on the show now, and the fact that B.J. Novak is a producer/writer and actor (obviously) for The Office. Either way, it will be interesting to see who it is...

I see Ryan screwing up royally, being demoted and sent back to Scranton by season's end.

My vote is for the adventures of Dwight and Mose.

Rocketboy
04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Dwight getting a spin-off = no Dwight on The Office.
Nuts to that.

UKWildcat
04-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I agree with what Mr. Snrub RB said.

RooJay
04-09-2008, 01:51 AM
That's the wost case scenario. Best case = Twice as much Dwight!:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I know Rain said Dwight should get his own show as a goof...... I'll watch it but I really wonder whom that would be.

General_Grievous
04-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I loved how they kicked the awkwardness level to 11 for the comeback show.

I was dying at Michael's vasectomy rant, as well as Dwight bringing his babysitter to the party. "I think I should go." "Fine, then leave." :D

UKWildcat
04-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I thought tonights episode was pretty good, better than most of what aired as of late ;) Sorry Cae, don't hate. But I enjoyed tonights episode, for the most part, even if it was awkward as f***!

Speaking of which, while watching tonights show the word that was constantly coming to mind was "awkward".

Jan seemed completely out of character... But I know people change when they host parties, get-togethers or have people over, which I'm assuming what was going on with her tonight. Michael wasn't nearly as bad.

I love how Michael likely duped Jim and Pam into having dinner with them.

Andy and Angela joining was something else. It is obvious Angela is not at all into Andy, while he is making a serious effort. The ice cream bit was hilarious.

Dwight. lol I love the food and wine glasses he brought (massive wine glass!)

Jan informing Pam that she dated Michael was hilarious.

And the fake call with Jims place flooding was great too.

Michaels "plasma" screen was something else. And Jan making him sleep at the foot of his bed was something else as well. Candles? Never would have expected that. And she obviously has taken over most of those rooms. Michael is such a pansy.

Anyways, while I found a lot of this episode to be far fetched (mainly the stuff between Jan and Michael, Jan predominantly), it was still pretty funny. It feels good to finally be able to pick several parts of an Office episode that were hilarious, again, as opposed to only a few, or none. Again, don't hate.

RooJay
04-11-2008, 02:13 AM
I loved how they kicked the awkwardness level to 11 for the comeback show.

I was dying at Michael's vasectomy rant, as well as Dwight bringing his babysitter to the party. "I think I should go." "Fine, then leave." :D

Eh, it was strictly carnal anyway.

Also, looks like someone missed all the awkward stuff we learned about Jan when she and Michael first started dating. Not that I'm hatin' or anything.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I couldn't help but laugh my arse off at Pam and Jim's faces when they saw the videocamera in the bedroom. :thumbsup:

I thought this was a pretty solid episode and despite being awkward, this doesn't nearly take the Awkward Cake that is still awarded to Phyillis' Wedding.

I just don't know if I like how they've made Jan incredibly crazy this season. To me, it almost doesn't mesh well from what we saw of her in seasons 2 and 3.

And michael's plasma TV was really funny. "I just stand here for hours and watch TV." Jim's flood call was also great.

Good to have the show back. Hopefully we get to, ya know, the actual OFFICE next week though. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
I remember some things about Jan, but they all seemed minor in comparison to how she was acting last night; more psycho than awkward, after thinking about it some more. Sure, we know she is a bit odd, but last night's episode brought everything to an entirely new level. Thats how I perceived it anyways.

vader121
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I thought the show as amusing but really not funny at all. Awkward is definitely the word to sum up last night's episode.

In my opinion they need to improve this show before ever thinking about a spin-off. Face it most spinoffs fail miserably.

2-1B
04-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Hilarious episode, definitely the most awkward ever -- even beating out Phyllis' Wedding for that title.

I loved this episode, watched it 4 or 5 times already. :thumbsup:

Jan is not acting out of character IMO, they've been showing a progression of her from businesswoman to nutjob over the last couple of years.

Great show.

OC47150
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I thought the show as amusing but really not funny at all. Awkward is definitely the word to sum up last night's episode.

I have to agree. The parts involving Dwight were the funniest, although Jim and Pam's facial reactions were good.

There's good episodes and so-so episodes of the Office.

2-1B
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm into my 2nd viewing right now and so far I'd say this is an average episode. Not bad, but not great either. It has some very good and funny moments but also some weird parts. I love the Jim and Pam stuff, as well as much of the Dwight stuff. "and she will bear your fruit." lol

Kevin is clearly the weak link of this show IMO.

RooJay
04-18-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm into my 2nd viewing right now and so far I'd say this is an average episode. Not bad, but not great either. It has some very good and funny moments but also some weird parts. I love the Jim and Pam stuff, as well as much of the Dwight stuff. "and she will bear your fruit." lol

Kevin is clearly the weak link of this show IMO.

Are you kidding?! Kevin is one of my favorite of the background characters! Maybe it's because he reminds me so much of my cousin Christopher and his characterization hits a little closer to home for me. I thought it was both hilarious and endearing how proud he seemed to have finally won one after having lost his lady love.

2-1B
04-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah, cuz sweaty, lazy, horny fat people are hilarious.

General_Grievous
04-18-2008, 08:53 AM
I thought last night's episode was okay, but I enjoyed the Kevin/Andy plotline much more than Michael's. I didn't find Michael's shallowness to be all that funny this time around. He just seemed like a creepy stalker while talking about the chair model. But I loved Kevin and Andy calling together "the five families". :D

RooJay
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah, cuz sweaty, lazy, horny fat people are hilarious.

You know it! My cousin CRACKS ME UP!:D

JEDIpartner
04-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I *heart* Jim and Pam. They are a nice balance to the cartooniness of Dwight and Michael. Phyllis rocks my world!!!

The dinner party episode was the best 30 minutes in television... EVER.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Overall, I thought this episode was pretty solid.

- I enjoyed Andy and Kevin and the Godfather style meeting of the five families. I also didn't expect the more dramatic part with Kevin talking briefly about Stacey and how it was "good to win one." That caught me off guard as it was touching and sweet.

- Jim and Pam were also great. Question though: why in the hell does Jim just carry around an engagement ring with him? Seems kinda odd. And like everybody else, I was also pretty much on the edge of my seat and i thought it was great how Jim was messin' with her. I do hope he waits a bit to propose though.

- Michael was pretty funny tonight too, but i thought it was just silly how him and Dwight went to visit that girls grave. That was just goofy. Probably my only complaint about the episode actually.

Overall though, I enjoyed the episode. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I enjoyed the episode as well, for the most part.

General_Grievous
04-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Last night's episode was great. It's the first episode I really enjoyed since it returned. As soon as Ryan looked so happy to see Michael and Dwight at the club, I instantly thought, "he's a cokehead". Surprise, surprise, huh? I was rolling when Dwight was calling Ryan's friend a hobbit, though. And more power to him for hooking up with that basketball player. I have to say, as strange of a guy as Toby is, I probably would have jumped the fence too after pulling that stunt. :D

Quote of the episode? Pam: There is a spare key, and a master key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked 'What if you die, Dwight, how will we get into the office?', he said 'If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks'.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I have really liked all the new episodes since it came back on. Yesterday was another good one, especially Tody jumping the fence.

Going back a bit: "Pam said when she gets Michaels old chair I can have her old one. Then Ill have two. Only one to go...."

2-1B
04-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I liked the episode in many ways but Ryan has been wasted, I think...they could write him out of the show now that he's gone and I wouldn't miss him.
Hopefully they'll get out of these storylines and demote him back to Scranton.

UKWildcat
04-26-2008, 12:34 AM
I thought the episode was pretty solid.

Man, that sequence with Toby was just hysterical. I don't know if he was making up the talks about Costa Rica or where ever, but perhaps this is a possibility of the spin off? Could be interesting. I like Toby.

The show has made a pretty strong return when compared to that dreck that aired before the strike. Told ya some good could come out of that situation. ;) :thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-26-2008, 08:30 AM
SPOILER AHEAD, HIGHLIGHT TO READ.

The May 15th episode is supposed to include a rather large goodbye party for Toby.....

Thats all.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Last night's episode was great. It's the first episode I really enjoyed since it returned. As soon as Ryan looked so happy to see Michael and Dwight at the club, I instantly thought, "he's a cokehead". Surprise, surprise, huh? I was rolling when Dwight was calling Ryan's friend a hobbit, though. And more power to him for hooking up with that basketball player. I have to say, as strange of a guy as Toby is, I probably would have jumped the fence too after pulling that stunt. :D

Quote of the episode? Pam: There is a spare key, and a master key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked 'What if you die, Dwight, how will we get into the office?', he said 'If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks'.

Ah, man Toby jumping the fence like that was GREAT. The look on everybody's faces was really funny.

and I couldn't stop laughing at that quote from Dwight. It's so glorious and Dwight-esque.

Rebo- I don't know if I buy that. I think they might be trying to throw us off, or perhaps this will lead into the spinoff that is planned? Maybe Ryan gets fired or demoted back to Scranton due to this drug problem and Toby takes his place and that sets up the spinoff? I did read on NBC.COM that the episode was called "Goodbye, Toby" but perhaps somebody just says that to him? It just seems too obvious. Either way, I hope he doesn't leave as he always cracks me up.

:thumbsup:

2-1B
04-26-2008, 02:34 PM
All this talk about a spinoff needs to end...is NBC trying to kill this thing ???

OC47150
04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
The Dwight stuff was the best, but Toby's ackward moment with Pam was pretty good.

Are you a hobbit?

Infinities will be Ryan's downfall. Count on it.

2-1B
05-05-2008, 01:07 AM
I thought this week was a little too serious at times...but still had some funny moments.

They need more basic themes sometimes, like Halloween or Sexual Harassment, etc.

This week's episode title looks like a promising premise.

General_Grievous
05-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Did I stutter?

UKWildcat
05-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I thought tonight's episode was awesome!!! We are now officially back to The Office of old!!! :thumbsup:

That being said, next weeks finale is an hour long so it could go downhill again. :(

vader121
05-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I thought last night's episode was garbage.

I don't know but the show hasn't made me laugh in a long time. It's mildly amusing in spots but that's it. I'll probably watch next week's finale but that may be it. Just don't look forward to the show anymore.

Michael just makes me uncomfortable with his complete ineptitude and lack of sensitivity. It has always bothered me and it is finally coming to a head I think. I know he's supposed to be funny acting like this but I never was into that type of humor.

2-1B
05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Very good show last night, Creed stole the show with "Let's ditch this b**ch" and calling Angela "Pumpkin."

Good stuff last night. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
05-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Very good show last night, Creed stole the show with "Let's ditch this b**ch" and calling Angela "Pumpkin."

"I finished my work months ago..." lol

JimJamBonds
05-11-2008, 02:41 PM
"Mark me down for a six."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-16-2008, 08:00 AM
I gotta say I have mixed feelings about the finale last night.

Enjoyed:
- The antics between Jim and Pam, playing with Dwight and whatnot.
- Seeing Ryan get arrested on youtube, which was GREAT.
- Michael flirting with the new HR rep
- Kevin being "Special"- this was seriously, in my opinion, the funniest portion (s) of the show last night. I could not stop laughing
- Phyllis was also great, including where she knocked some of Angela's stuff on the floor
- Creed!

Didn't enjoy:
- Andy proposing to Angela?- Really? Why? They've only been together for a few months and Angela accepting pretty much goes against everything we know about her as a character. It just didn't make sense and felt REALLY REALLY forced
- So, Toby is leaving why exactly? If he's leaving just because he grabbed Pam's knee, that's pretty weak. We literally got no reason as to why he was moving or anything like that.
- Michael. Seriously, Scott is just becoming annoying with his stupidity. So, he's going to help Jan raise a baby that she was inseminated with while they were together? That's really such a bad move on his part and it seriously makes him look like an a--. It was obvious that the new HR rep could possibly have a thing for him and he just ruined it by going back to the same psycho that he left a few episodes back. Again, it just felt really forced and out of place.

And there you have it. :whip:

JEDIpartner
05-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Three words... "Phyllis and Angela"!

vader121
05-16-2008, 09:40 AM
I agreed with everything you said Jedi_Master_Guyute (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/member.php?u=2163) .

The show has taken a turn for the worse. It's too much of a soap opera now. Althought the show amuses me it doesn't make me laugh anymore. Writing has gotten bad. I think I'm done with this show for good. Last night was it's last chance.

General_Grievous
05-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I thought last night's episode was hilarious, and probably the best of the fourth season.

The Kevin stuff was the funniest part of the episode.

I wonder if they're going to visit Ryan in prison next season.

And I only think Angela said yes because Andy's parents were there.

The final scene was jaw-droppingly hysterical.

UKWildcat
05-16-2008, 01:11 PM
The show has taken a turn for the worse. It's too much of a soap opera now. Althought the show amuses me it doesn't make me laugh anymore. Writing has gotten bad. I think I'm done with this show for good. Last night was it's last chance.

I would have most certainly agreed with most of this statement before the writer's strike/break, but I think the show has improved significantly since its return. Not as good as the first few seasons, but a major improvement over the dreck that aired before the break.

I agree with JMG as well. Not sure about the Andy/Angela proposal. Although I knew he was going to steal Jim's thunder.

I don't understand Michael wanting to raise the kid either, or get back with Jan. He is an idiot. The new HR rep was perfect for him, maybe too perfect.

But overall, I enjoyed last night's episode, and the shows improvement in quality since its return. Now I can be optimistic for the next season.

2-1B
05-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Awesome episode, better than last year's finale but not as good as the Season 2 finale.

All the whining about the show's quality will turn to whining about the show's absence when they stop making it after another year or two. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
05-17-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't understand Michael wanting to raise the kid either, or get back with Jan. He is an idiot. The new HR rep was perfect for him, maybe too perfect.

He wants a kid plan and simple. Sure its not his but here is his chance to be a dad (as he stated).

All the whining about the show's quality will turn to whining about the show's absence when they stop making it after another year or two. lol lol lol

At that point people will be just whining about the sequel.

UKWildcat
05-17-2008, 04:49 PM
He wants a kid plan and simple. Sure its not his but here is his chance to be a dad (as he stated).

But Jan went behind his back and got artificially inseminated because she didn't want any of the kid's DNA to be that of Michael, because he is an idiot. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want to be with someone like that, who has treated me the way she treats Michael, and I certainly wouldn't want to raise a child with someone who did that to me or was like that. But - Michael is an oblivious idiot, so it doesn't surprise me at all.

2-1B
05-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Exactly, he is oblivious and passed on Pam's landlady who seemed nice...so of course he will gravitate toward the hot, although insane, Jan.

JimJamBonds
05-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Michael is an oblivious idiot, so it doesn't surprise me at all.

As Stanley pointed out a few episodes ago.

jjreason
05-18-2008, 12:22 AM
The season finale had me absolutely rolling with laughter. Best episode of the year is my initial reaction. I plan on going back and watching them in order over the next week or so, and I highly suspect my opinion will stay the same. Great, funny stuff. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
05-18-2008, 12:24 AM
As Stanley pointed out a few episodes ago.

Yeah. I kind of expected (hoped) that to be a revelation, of sorts, for Michael, but apparently it wasn't. :rolleyes:

It did get Stanley to openly and publicly endorse what Michael does though, which was a victory on one front, I guess; even though it was not sincere. I forget the exact example, but I believe it occurred in this past episode during a meeting with him immediately agreeing with him. My mind is drawing a blank.

But anyways... Michael's character is a lost cause. Which I have accepted for a while now. No revelation, no matter how big, or how small, is going to change that.

JEDIpartner
05-19-2008, 12:52 PM
But anyways... Michael's character is a lost cause. Which I have accepted for a while now. No revelation, no matter how big, or how small, is going to change that.

I agree with you! I actually hate the episodes that are too Michael-centric. :whip:

OC47150
05-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I've always found the Office hit or miss. And post-strike episodes have been more miss than hit. A few good chuckles here and there, but that's about it.

The dinner party episode was the funniest post-strike ep, IMO.

I would've liked to have seen a post-dinner party episode with Michael kicking Jan out.

Personally, I'd slap the crap out of Michael. His antics would be too much for me.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
So... would it be an army of you, me and Stanley?

JimJamBonds
05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I agree with you! I actually hate the episodes that are too Michael-centric. :whip:

I'm ok with 'lots of Michael' but when he is over the top and just acting stupid I don't like it. see Wedding, Phyllis's

RooJay
05-21-2008, 02:03 AM
I think a lot of you folks seem to be missing the point with Michael - he's supposed to be stupid, and obnoxious, and immature, and annoying - he's Michael. If he were none of those things, he would cease to be true to the character. Any change he could possibly go through would completely undermine the character and his entire purpose on this show. If you're looking for a character who is intelligent, reserved, tactful, and mature I'd recommend looking somewhere other than episodic comedy. I'd start with the types of shows one might find on A&E or perhaps PBS.

JimJamBonds
05-21-2008, 07:48 AM
I know he is supposed to be dumb. What I don't care for is when that stupidty takes over the entire episode, when that happens I don't like the show and I've actually fast forwarded through the intial viewing. See: Wedding, Phillys's

vader121
05-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Michael is a grade-A idiot irregardless if he wants a kid or not. Even still there is no guarantee that Jan will let Michael raise her drive-thru baby. In fact I doubt she will. Anybody stop to consider the fact that Jan would rather have a drive-thru baby than one with Michael's genes? Doing that is a major insult to Michael and proves that she does think that Michael is an idiot.

What will happen next year is Michael will go to the classes with Jan because it may open up some funny moments but the act of it is ridiculous. It would be different if Michael was in love with Jan but he is clearly not and only wants the kid. Using Jan? Somewhat but I don't think that Jan will let him raise the kid and is in turn she's using Michael for companionship during the pregnancy.

2-1B
08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
http://www.lifeintheoffice.com/2008/07/16/the-office-the-dark-knight/

Some great fan work combining Dark Knight and The Office...both of them are just classic ! lol

Anybody watch the Webisodes yet? I'm waiting until they are all done to watch them at one time...I heard they aren't that funny but I'll take a look. I don't expect much.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-28-2008, 09:35 AM
It looks like best buy has some sort of exclusive set as usual for season 4.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8950423&st=the+office&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1891028

Looks like a water bottle, towel, and something else? I'm sure we'll get bigger pictures on sunday when the ad drops.

I don't know if i'm going to buy season 4 when it comes out. I had mixed feelings about the season and dropping more than 30 bucks for 13 or so episodes seems pretty extreme for me. Plus, i'm trying to save as much $$ as possible these days and that means limiting my DVD/game purchases to two or so. Maybe i'll enjoy them more once I rewatch them. I have them at the top of my netflix, so hopefully i'll get the first disc or two next week.

Or i could just find someplace to watch them online. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
08-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I'm skipping this one. The episodes before the break were complete and utter crap, after the break got better... but still not worth the price imo. If I could get the season for less than $10 I'd pick it up. It would be nice to get the BB Gift Set, to compliment the Season 3 Gift Set I own, but that ain't gonna to happen (unless they end up clearancing them out for dirt cheap).

Ando
08-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Even though it was a short season and the first four episodes were (seemingly) repeated OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, my wife and I will probably get this set.

It's still head and shoulders above 90% of the other offerings on TV these days.

Plus I want to see the episodes with Dwight and Michael partying with Ryan in NY and Michael and Jan's amazingly awful dinner party again.

JimJamBonds
08-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I'm skipping this one. ... but still not worth the price imo. If I could get the season for less than $10 I'd pick it up. .

Give it some time and you'll be able to find one at a used dvd place for under $10.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks to the wonderous WWW, i'm watching season 4 online and i'll say that the episodes i've watched so far were pretty solid. "Fun Run" had its moments and "Dunder Mifflin Infinity" was funny. I will say that i'm now on episode 3, "Launch Party" where Dwight challenges the DM website to a contest and this is one of my faves of the season.

also, BB's exclusive for this set is a waterbottle, shirt, and wristband. Circuit city has a stapler in jello keychain and i believe at CC the first three seasons are $19.99 each this week. :thumbsup:

2-1B
08-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Season 4 had lots of good moments. Not better than seasons 2 or 3 but still very good.

I find it hilarious that you guys won't pick this one up compared to all the other stuff you do buy. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
08-31-2008, 10:04 PM
I ain't buying it because of the price tag.
$30+ for a little more than half a season?
F*ck that.
I'll wait until it goes on sale for $20 or less.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2008, 11:56 PM
I ain't buying it because of the price tag.
$30+ for a little more than half a season?
F*ck that.
I'll wait until it goes on sale for $20 or less.

I'm not buying it as:
A. half a season
B. it wasn't that impressive of a season.

Sure, as you pointed out Cae, it had its moments, but it doesn't hold a candle to seasons 2 or 3. Plus, i'm doing quite fine watching them online for free while i'm playing catchup. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I saw that target has s4 onsale for 29.99 this week; still a bit much, so i'm passing.

I watched the bloopers on youtube a bit ago and they're HYSTERICAL for this season. Funnier than the actual season! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
I gotta say that I thought this was a fantastic premiere that was better than, oh, 70% of season 4. I loved Ryan coming back as that was great and unexpected and Michael's Gervais style goattee had me laughing. Jim and Pam were good too, although I don't know about her and that dude at art school. Creed has some great lines tonight too ("I like her a--") and Dwight and Angela were great.

and i'm STILL laughing at Michael putting up pictures of Stay Puft and Jabba on the wall during his conference. And Toby breaking his neck was randomly great; i hope the poor bastid isn't paralyzed though.

Welcome back, Classic Funny Office. I missed you. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 12:25 AM
This was a really good premiere. It was slightly ridiculous without being over the top, just as it should be.

Yeah, the guy from art school reminded me of Roy . . . but given what happened at the rest stop, I don't think anything will happen.

Ando
09-26-2008, 12:25 PM
For any fans who watch AMC's Mad Men, the guy from Pam's art class also plays Harry Crane (on Mad Men).

2-1B
09-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Very good episode, just as good as the episodes from Season 4 but probably not quite on par with season 2 or 3 (will probably never be topped, so it's not a negative for me to say that).

I loved it last night and I'm rewatching it right now, fantastic stuff!!!

Dwight and Angela are creepy. I feel bad for Andy.

RooJay
09-27-2008, 02:16 AM
When the Temp came back and immediately started compiling his sad little list, I actually laughed so hard that I ended up in a coughing fit!lollollollollol

electricidad
09-27-2008, 07:40 AM
For me the best moment is seeing the joy on Holly's eyes as Michael offers to buy her Counting Crows tickets--she and the audience clearly thinks he's going to take her to the concert--only to have Michael rip them up in front of her. This was brilliant! I actually gasped.

UKWildcat
09-27-2008, 12:54 PM
I gotta say that I thought this was a fantastic premiere that was better than, oh, 70% of season 4.

If not 100%. :p

Welcome back, Classic Funny Office. I missed you. :thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly!

I thought the premiere was excellent. I plan on watching it again sometime soon. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-02-2008, 09:34 AM
For me the best moment is seeing the joy on Holly's eyes as Michael offers to buy her Counting Crows tickets--she and the audience clearly thinks he's going to take her to the concert--only to have Michael rip them up in front of her. This was brilliant! I actually gasped.

Holy crap, SERIOUSLY. I really couldn't believe he did that and the look on her face was priceless. I was so shocked I gasped as well. Good ole' Michael.

No episode tonight due to the debate. In the meantime, feel free to browse the wedding site of Angela and Andy! http://www.angelaandy.com/

Pretty funny stuff, especially the info about the wedding/wedding date. :thumbsup:

Ando
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Personally I liked the "Bachelor Party" and "Wedding Attire" sections best: "...more restrictions to come"...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2008, 07:16 PM
This last week's episode was about 85% funny and 15% really awkward. I did enjoy it though, but Jan singing "Son of a Preacher Man" was SO ODD and yes, awkward to see. All of their expressions were priceless.

And can we assume that Michael is finally realizing what a bad beyatch Jan is? He asked out Holly, finally! I did like that scene at the end though when they hugged. That was really good stuff. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2008, 07:21 PM
This week's episode was the funniest in a long while, it seemed. Not that it's been bad, but so much about it was just hilarious.

UKWildcat
10-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I concur with your assessment Mr. JJL.

OC47150
10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
The funniest bits were Dwight's fake pregnancy and delivery at the beginning and Dwight and testing the $1,200 stroller.

Stanley did have some good facial expressions.

2-1B
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
and some sore nipples.

RooJay
10-21-2008, 05:14 AM
The funniest part was the scene directly after Dwight gave birth to the watermelon, and the we immediately see Michael eating said watermelon with Dwight pulling up his pants in the background.

UKWildcat
10-24-2008, 12:46 AM
It squeaks when you bang it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2008, 02:20 AM
That's what she said!

I liked this one, too. Thankfully it's been so good lately.

Exhaust Port
10-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I enjoyed last nights episode. I like the new female character (who's name is eluding me right now) and think she is and will be a good addition to the Michael character.

I did notice that the Jim/Pam relationship is boring. It seems like the writers got bored with dealing with the tension between the two and just jumped right into serious relationship/engagement. I understand that Pam's education is setting the show up for a longer plot return but in the meantime I really don't care.

UKWildcat
10-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Thankfully it's been so good lately.

That's what she said.

I enjoyed last nights episode. I like the new female character (who's name is eluding me right now) and think she is and will be a good addition to the Michael character.

Holly.

I did notice that the Jim/Pam relationship is boring. It seems like the writers got bored with dealing with the tension between the two and just jumped right into serious relationship/engagement. I understand that Pam's education is setting the show up for a longer plot return but in the meantime I really don't care.

Yup.

2-1B
10-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Great show this week.

I love Dwight !

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, these last few episodes have been fantastic. Very VERY solid stuff. Although, I am a bit nervous about David Wallace's reaction about Holly and MIchael dating. I hope nothing happens.

Did you see the promo for Thursday's halloween episode? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItPfljn5k0

HOLY. CRAP. CREED.

I won't say what costume it is for spoilers, but it looks FANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTIC. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2008, 01:51 AM
That does indeed look great. I didn't even realize who it was at first. I hope mine looks half that good. lol

RooJay
10-28-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm actually scared for Michael now. I really do believe that Creed would try to cut a smile into his face!

UKWildcat
10-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I love Dwight !

Seven hundred and one penny!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-30-2008, 10:17 PM
This was another solid episode; Dwight and Andy were great and the scenes with Michael, Holly, and Daryl were really well done.

I will say that I was REALLY disappointed with the Halloween aspect going for all of 35 seconds. Creed looked AWESOME and I loved how the doors closed on Dwight. Funny stuff. Jim's costume blew though. :thumbsup:

Exhaust Port
10-31-2008, 12:42 AM
I agree, great episode. Again, the biggest disappointment plot wise was anything to do with Jim and Pam. Boring! The road trip/move was great and a bit of a surprise ending there. Curious to see how that develops (or doesn't). The Cornell bit was by far the best of the show. I hope we see more of this blatant rivalry of obsurdity in future episodes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2008, 02:01 AM
The subplot with Jim's brothers was weird and stupid, but I liked the rest. Too bad Holly is gone, as I really liked her.

I feel like Creed, Kevin, and Dwight. :D

OC47150
11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
So-so episode. Needed more of the Halloween aspect. I really wanted to see the three Jokers working in the office. And Pam did look like Hitler.

If the show was going to dump Holly, it should've been after November sweeps. Who knows, maybe they'll get back together during sweeps? :yes:

DarthQuack
11-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Creed was spot on.....hilarious episode, I liked all the storylines going on.

OC47150
11-09-2008, 09:19 PM
'That's what she said!'

We used that line all the time at a former job, on a daily basis. Whenever I hear it, it brings a smile to my face.

Kelly messing with Jim and Dwight was good.

I have to wonder, how much longer will the Andy/Angela marriage sham will continue?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2008, 10:26 PM
I think Andy's gay. :eek:

OC47150
11-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Pam mentioned Quark. I've used that design program for 10+ years!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Oh man, tonights episode I thought was HYSTERICAL.

random favorite moments:
- Michael's cut off "motherf-!"
- His fur coat with paint!
- Crazy Pam was so. hot.
- Jim's reaction to it.
- Kevin yelling, "Michael's a genius!"
- Dwight and his love of german.

seriously, great episode! :thumbsup:

RooJay
12-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Agreed! Great episode - I especially loved all of the Jim/Pam interactions here! I somehow knew that Oscar was keeping secret from Michael the whole management budget bonus thing!

OC47150
12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Probably the funniest episode yet this season.

JimJamBonds
12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Ehh I didn't think the episode was all that great, it wasn't bad but I don't think it was that great. IMHO The Office has slipped a bit, I still think its one of the best shows on tv I just don't think its THE best show anymore.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I thought the christmas episode was pretty funny. Dwight's toy scalping was really funny and not to mention he talked about zombies, which also had me laugh.

Just read that Jack Black is going to guest star in the after superbowl episode of THE OFFICE.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/73395-

Should be interesting.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2008, 11:27 AM
also read that Jessica Alba is also going to be on the superbowl OFFICE episode.

Target has season 4 on sale this week for $17.

UKWildcat
12-28-2008, 01:01 PM

Which is still too much...

sith_killer_99
12-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Which is still too much...

:eek:

My magic price for television season box sets is $20.00 or less!:D:thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
01-01-2009, 01:07 AM
I haven't watched The Office in some time, because my family is TiVoing other things at that time and I lost out that night, but I checked out the Surplus episode on Hulu.

The entire time the minister was speaking, I was trying to see if I could catch any of the German. Dwight was too loud, but I caught the occasional word. When Dwight stopped talking and I caught the last few words the guy said, I thought, "I'm pretty sure he just married them." I was pretty happy to get confirmation of that.

I liked when Mike suggested the surplus be explained to him like he was an eight-year-old, then a five-year-old. It got even funnier when the security guard said that he knew what a surplus was.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Last nights episode was pretty freakin' funny.

- the contest in the beginning was great. Michael cheating was awesome; pure michael scott shenanigans.
- the really REALLY talky pre-duel chat between Dwight and Andy was good.
- Kevin's "accident" on his paperwork; " I did a *****ish job on them" and the "rock" between him and oscar was good.
- michael's facial expression when wallace started to compliment him. And the "let's order some pasta!" was so random!
- the duel itself was good and I loved how they both dumped Angela.

Great episode! :thumbsup:

Exhaust Port
01-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Everything but the Michael subplot at headquarters was good. My guess is they needed to come up with something to get him out of the office so the rest of the episode would work. Pretty lame and it distracted from the rest of the episode a bit.

Perhaps Andy and Dwight will team up from here on out? I'm glad that this plot is wrapping up, it was getting to be a bit too long.

UKWildcat
01-16-2009, 09:44 PM
- the contest in the beginning was great. Michael cheating was awesome; pure michael scott shenanigans.

Speaking of contests, The 2nd Annual SSG Academy Awards Movie Challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39726) starts up soon! Get your popcorn ready! :D

Sorry, I couldnt' resist.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
01-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Great episode, I like how it ended as well.

OC47150
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I thought the Super Bowl ep was okay. I laughed outloud a couple of times, but really laughed when Stanley started laughing at the end. The cameos were wasted, IMO, but the sequence with Jack Black helping Cloris Leachman out of the bathtub was the funniest.

Tonight's ep was better. "This is how I got Squeaky Fromme" was classic.

2-1B
02-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Lecture Circuit part 1 was AWESOME, an instant classic and probably the best episode since Dinner Party. That was seriously one of my very favorites of the entire season, it was that good.

While I liked the Super Bowl episode, I think they should have shown parts 1 and 2 of Lecture Circuit instead.

This was on par with seasons 2 and 3. :)

RooJay
02-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Kind of sad how it seems that Karen really hasn't gotten over Jim at all. Sounded like she waited maybe a whole month after their breakup to find a new guy and get all knocked up (how quickly did they get married?!), and is it just me or does her new guy kind of look like Jim also.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Lecture Circuit part 1 was AWESOME, an instant classic and probably the best episode since Dinner Party. That was seriously one of my very favorites of the entire season, it was that good.

While I liked the Super Bowl episode, I think they should have shown parts 1 and 2 of Lecture Circuit instead.

This was on par with seasons 2 and 3. :)

I haven't watched the superbowl episode yet, but the Lecture Circuit was AWESOME. I loved Michael's awkward speech and Andy's idiocy was pretty hysterical. I loved Dwight and Jim trying to make things up to Kelly. I'm really excited about going to see Holly too as I always loved her and michael together. they were seriously perfect for one another.

I plan to watch the SB episode here in a bit, maybe on hulu.

Kind of sad how it seems that Karen really hasn't gotten over Jim at all. Sounded like she waited maybe a whole month after their breakup to find a new guy and get all knocked up (how quickly did they get married?!), and is it just me or does her new guy kind of look like Jim also.

Yeah, I felt kinda bad for her in this episode. I always thought she was a sweet gal and pretty cute too (especially in this episode too! I dunno what it was, but dayum!) It does seem like she got married REALLY quickly. i'll double check on the picture when I watch the episode again. :thumbsup:

vader121
02-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Last night's episode really sucked bad. i'm beginning to sway on this show.

Michael is just too over-the-top stupid for me.

Exhaust Port
02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I agree, the Michael character needs to be roped in a bit. The idea in the show that an inept boss is able to run the office let alone keep his job was funny. Now they are pushing it to a point where even an inept boss like this would be fired not to mention sent to a loony bin.

OC47150
02-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Last night's episode had the potential to be great. Had, mind you. Too bad it sucked eggs. Even Pam leading the lecture sucked.

Angela and her cat habits were the funniest bits.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Huh . . . I thought the cat stuff was over the top but liked the Michael scenes.

2-1B
02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I liked it but not as much as part 1.

Spoiler alert.....

It looks like Idris Elba aka Stringer Bell from The Wire is going to be on the show soon, as an adversary of some sorts for Michael. That sounds fantastic !!!!!

JimJamBonds
03-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm shocked that nobody has posted about the last two episodes. After Michael said he'd quit I figured in this weeks episode he would have ended up staying... but what the hell. His own paper company and Pam walks out as well??!?!?!?!!?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I doubt Steve Carell will leave the show, so it's fine by me.

UKWildcat
03-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't think I laughed once at this past episode. :confused:

Overall, I'd say it has been a rather disappointing season thus far. Not as bad as that crap that aired before the writer's strike, but not far off either.

Oh well, at least a very funny and consistent show airs afterwards.

JimJamBonds
03-29-2009, 07:01 PM
I doubt Steve Carell will leave the show, so it's fine by me.

No I don't think that's going to happen either however I wonder how they'll bring him back 'into the fold.' The show won't really work if is isn't the boss imho.

DarthQuack
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Yea, I don't really like the new boss much, and he sure as hell doesn't like Jim at all!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-30-2009, 01:07 AM

Overall, I'd say it has been a rather disappointing season thus far. Not as bad as that crap that aired before the writer's strike, but not far off either.

Agree with you on both accounts. I think season started off really strong, but over the last several episodes things have fallen greatly in terms of quality and comedy. Michael is borderline retarded making decisions that nobody would make in their right mind. And Pam leaving with him? That goes against any sort of common sense that she has demonstrated since the beginning of the series. I'm growing bored with this show. My guess is that we'll see Michael and Pam doing their own thing for a few episodes while other bosses do poorly at Scranton and then we'll see Dunder Mifflin ask Michael to come back and so will Pam.

And seriously, 30 ROCK is the funniest show on TV, hand down. The different POV's this past week had me laughing till I was almost in tears, especially Kenneth's and the muppets. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey! Here I am at 30 Rock! (http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2565/180/60/1077720066/n1077720066_30161891_8248340.jpg)

OC47150
03-30-2009, 08:35 AM

I've been like that for most episodes this season. The not laughing part. I'd rather watch the reruns on TBS and get a good laugh.

A pure rip-off of Jerry Maguire, which is a hugely overrated movie.

I don't like the new boss, either.

UKWildcat
03-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Good to know I'm not alone...

RooJay
03-31-2009, 01:48 AM
I thought the most recent episode was pretty hilarious myself. The episode just prior...not so much. A little too much real world creeping in there than we've been used to.

As far as Michael coming back - I'm betting sales take a big dip with him gone, and he's eventually asked back. For whatever reason, his management style seems to have a generally positive effect on his branch's sales.

OC47150
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM
I have to wonder how much Parks and Recreation will suck, since the Office crew is behind it.

UKWildcat
03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
I have to wonder how much Parks and Recreation will suck, since the Office crew is behind it.

Agreed. I will give it a go, but my expectations are pretty low.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Agreed. I will give it a go, but my expectations are pretty low.

You're better than I am: i'm not even going to bother watching it.

UKWildcat
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
You're better than I am: i'm not even going to bother watching it.

I don't blame you either. lol

RooJay
04-01-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm betting that since the folks behind the Office are behind it, and since the Office is one of the best shows on television, that it'll be pretty good. I'm looking forward to it!

Exhaust Port
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm behind in my DVR watching so I finally saw the episode with Michael quitting. There were a few funny parts but for the most part it seemed like a long drawn out episode jus to get to Michael quitting. It was building to something and the pay off was him walking out? What a let down. Too many episodes seem to be nothing more than a long setup for a future episode and lack entertainment in themselves. The whole love triangle plot degraded into this after awhile.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Two more boring episodes last week. So bad. Pretty much bored with this show now. I just don't care. I don't buy Michael leaving, Pam quitting, Jim being a whiny ***, or any of it.

I laughed harder in the first two minutes of 30 ROCK. Hell, those first two minutes were funnier than anything THE OFFICE has done lately.

UKWildcat
04-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I did like Andy and Dwight playing Country Roads on the banjo and guitar. I thought that was great. Just about everything else... blah.

JEDIpartner
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Two more boring episodes last week. So bad. Pretty much bored with this show now. I just don't care. I don't buy Michael leaving, Pam quitting, Jim being a whiny ***, or any of it.

I laughed harder in the first two minutes of 30 ROCK. Hell, those first two minutes were funnier than anything THE OFFICE has done lately.

I agree with you. 30 Rock is seriously the funnier of the two shows now. I delight in the random absurdity of that show: "I have some Trix up my sleeve... seriously! I have some cereal stuck up my sleeve. They got caught in the fibres!!!"

Tina Fey is a goddess. :love:

The Office needs to get on track soon or I will stop watching that one soon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I agree with you. 30 Rock is seriously the funnier of the two shows now. I delight in the random absurdity of that show: "I have some Trix up my sleeve... seriously! I have some cereal stuck up my sleeve. They got caught in the fibres!!!"

Tina Fey is a goddess. :love:

The Office needs to get on track soon or I will stop watching that one soon.

That Trix thing was HYSTERICAL!!! I also LOVED Kenneth as Jack's assistant and the whole PELICAN BRIEF/showtime thing was genius; I actually ended up rewinding that scene where Jack finally demands showtime cos I thought it was so funny. I do hope that Jonathan ends up returning though; he was always great. And singing to Jack was hilarious.

And yes, Tina Fey...:love::love::love:

UKWildcat
04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I actually ended up rewinding that scene where Jack finally demands showtime cos I thought it was so funny.

Kenneth: "WHAT? Why now?!?!"

lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-13-2009, 02:25 PM
I've still liked The Office. Just because it's not constant off-the-wall humor (or even any kind of constant humor) doesn't mean it's not good.

I do also love 30 Rock. Why not both?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2009, 02:56 PM
I've still liked The Office. Just because it's not constant off-the-wall humor (or even any kind of constant humor) doesn't mean it's not good.

I do also love 30 Rock. Why not both?

Cos 30 ROCK is really funny while THE OFFICE is not. You can't tell if you watched any of the last, say, three episodes and then watched an older ep of THE OFFICE, like "The Client," "Dwight's Speech," or "Grief Counseling," you could say that these last few episodes are the same quality.

And I don't get why Ryan has to keep coming back. I'm kinda tired of his character. I get it, he's an ***, let's move along.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-13-2009, 04:24 PM
The fact that BJ Novak is involved pretty heavily with behind the scenes stuff leads me to believe that Ryan will never completely leave the show.

As for you, just stop watching The Office, then, and get on with your life.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2009, 06:30 PM
As for you, just stop watching The Office, then, and get on with your life.

OH, that's definitely gonna be happening here soon. I'll give them another episode, maybe two and if they're still producing awful crap, I'll gladly stop watching. :thumbsup:

OC47150
04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I only saw the first ep, so far, and it was so-so.

Don't like the new boss. Too much of a tight *****.

DarthQuack
04-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Yea he definitely falls in the DOUCHE category, but I think it's funny how him and Jim don't get along at all, feels like Jim might head to the Michael Scott Paper Company!

UKWildcat
04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Jim has always gotten the better of people, like Dwight, so it is good to see someone get the better of him. :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
04-14-2009, 10:28 AM
That Trix thing was HYSTERICAL!!! I also LOVED Kenneth as Jack's assistant and the whole PELICAN BRIEF/showtime thing was genius; I actually ended up rewinding that scene where Jack finally demands showtime cos I thought it was so funny. I do hope that Jonathan ends up returning though; he was always great. And singing to Jack was hilarious.

And yes, Tina Fey...:love::love::love:

"I'm sorry... but Mr. Donaghy has been busy calling people into his office all morning so he can fire them"

:laugh:

OC47150
04-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Finally got around to watching the second of last week's two eps. I chuckled at Stanley's expression and Dwight and Andy wooing the new secretary, but other than that, another lackluster show.

The show has definitely gotten off-course.

OT, but I also watched Parks and Recreation. The assistant was the funniest thing on the show. And, sorry, but Amy Poehler was just painful to watch. Not very funny.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Posted 3/30/09:
My guess is that we'll see Michael and Pam doing their own thing for a few episodes while other bosses do poorly at Scranton and then we'll see Dunder Mifflin ask Michael to come back and so will Pam.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand glad to see I was at least on the right track! :thumbsup:

still, I really liked this episode; I almost damn near applauded when Michael put David in his place and when he ushered out Charles just as he was kicked out. I also loved Jim exposing Dwight to be an a-- all while Dwight was spot on. well done! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed last night's episode more than the last handful of new episodes that aired.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I enjoyed the Michael Scott Paper Company run but it's nice to have things back to normal. Er, kind of normal.

OC47150
04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed last night's episode more than the last handful of new episodes that aired.

Same here. I think I laughed more in this one episode than in the last month's worth. I really laughed at the Asian lady climbing into the van.

Jim making the kissing up noises reminds me of something I used to do at a former job.

Exhaust Port
04-26-2009, 08:32 PM
I think having Pam as a salesperson will be interesting, a nice change to move the show forward.

JimJamBonds
04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Crunch.... "Did that help?"

2-1B
04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
30 Rock is overrated. Alec Baldwin is funny, Tina Fey is good in Weekend Update lenth doses but she's not a leading lady IMO, and that retard in the trucker hat makes me change channels.

While I definitely believe that The Office will never meet or exceed the genius of Seasons 2 and 3, they've still been knocking out some damn good stuff lately. Not as consistently funny but still a GREAT show. Even though the whole plotline of Michael leaving was pretty dumb, they still did a good job with it. I thought it could be a Jump the Shark moment but it was pretty well done with some good humor. Ryan's not going anywhere (unfortunately) unless they take him off the opening credits (he's one of the 5 stars on a show that should only feature the other 4 sans BJ). Still, the scene of him stealing those bowling shoes was hilarious, reminded me of when he snapped and started egging that company with Dwight.

Parks and Rec is an ok show, not hilarious but still interesting and humorous at times. I'm giving it a change, since The Office was decent in its first 6 episodes but skyrocketed at the beginning of Season 2. I'm giving P&R some time to find its legs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Even better than The Office? A Cae, er, Slea, er, 2-1B sighting! :eek:

2-1B
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Even better than The Office?

If you're talking about 30 Rock or P&R, then I would say clearly NO. :thumbsup:

OC47150
05-08-2009, 08:50 PM
One of the funnier episodes I'd seen in a while. I laughed several times. The Dwight/Phyllis bit was the best.

I was just waiting for Toby to bust the coffee disco.

OT -- A police officer in my area was on the TV talking about a crime the other night. He was in his office. Off to the side was a Dwight bobblehead!!

RE: P & R: I watched it again last night. It was so-so. The problem, IMO, is Amy Poehler. She's not that funny.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Was the finale funny? I thought it had a couple funny MOMENTS, but was a bit dull.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Was the finale funny? I thought it had a couple funny MOMENTS, but was a bit dull.

I laughed with Stanley watching/commenting on Holly and Michael's sketch, and when Dwight kept counting.

Pam is preggers. That was a pretty non shocking moment as it was bound to happen. I will say that Krasinski's acting in that scene was really fantastic.

But yeah, it was pretty dull/boring.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I thought it was really good. Dwight's friend was pretty damn hilarious. Has he been on before?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I thought it was really good. Dwight's friend was pretty damn hilarious. Has he been on before?

Ah, I forgot! He had some great lines, but I liked how he and Dwight met..

and no, we haven't seen him before.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I laughed with Stanley watching/commenting on Holly and Michael's sketch, and when Dwight kept counting.

Yep... that was pretty much about it.

Pam is preggers. That was a pretty non shocking moment as it was bound to happen. I will say that Krasinski's acting in that scene was really fantastic.

But yeah, it was pretty dull/boring.

I agree with you about Krasinski. His reactions to the news were so pure and real as was the look on his face when he called Dwight to send in the subs.

RooJay
05-16-2009, 02:53 AM
I thought it was pretty funny. Not one of the funniest episodes for sure, but still pretty good. I really expected the big shocker of a cliffhanger would be Jim getting into a fight with Charles. I kept hoping that he'd just haul off and punch the guy in the face (that's what I probably would have done; can't stand that a-hole...)

John Krasinski's reaction makes me wonder if they kept that part of the script hidden from him before filming? That always seems like a good way to get a great reaction in those types of scenes.

2-1B
05-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I thought it was very well done, with lots of laughs. Can't wait for the DVD set in September !!!

JimJamBonds
05-17-2009, 04:41 AM
I thought it was very well done, with lots of laughs. Can't wait for the DVD set in September !!!

And I can't wait to store a copy of said dvd at my place for 2-1B's off site personal archives.

OC47150
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
What a disappointment. I laughed at Stanley's comment about theatre, chuckled during the volleyball game, but other than that, disappointing.

Maybe I should send my resume to the producers to see if they're in need of new writers.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Season 5 DVD art.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-office18.html

2-1B
06-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Ha! I like how they bumped Ryan down to 5th wheel and moved The 'Nard Dog up. :)

JimJamBonds
06-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Well he was killing the Nard Dog so he got moved down a spot.

OC47150
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
FYI -- Hallmark has an Office Christmas ornament coming out in October. It's pretty cool looking (at least the picture in the catalog looks cool) but I don't know if it will find a place on my tree.

JimJamBonds
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
FYI -- Hallmark has an Office Christmas ornament coming out in October. It's pretty cool looking (at least the picture in the catalog looks cool) but I don't know if it will find a place on my tree.

Does that mean they'll have an Easter card coming out in Feb?

OC47150
07-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Does that mean they'll have an Easter card coming out in Feb?

Not before the mini ROTJ lunchbox ornament. :lipsrsealed:

2-1B
09-07-2009, 08:14 PM
It looks like I'll have to choose between Target and Best Buy tomorrow for the season 5 DVD...right now I'm leaning toward Target.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Reminder: season 6 kicks off tonight! I'm hoping for a decent season, reminiscent of season 2, meaning, ya know...funny! :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-17-2009, 11:43 PM
You don't even find season 3 funny? Sorry guy...but you're hopeless. :bored:
;)

Decent premiere tonight, I never knew Creed was such the SCUBA diver. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2009, 01:52 AM
I watched several episodes of season five the past few days with various people . . . that was a damn good season.

The premiere was pretty good, but it would have been nice to have had a secondary plot not involved with the rumors (even though there were many different stories around that). It all seemed kind of . . . dunno, pointless, like filler. Still funny, though.

RooJay
09-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Parkour!...Parkour!...Extreme!...Parkour!

:D

JimJamBonds
09-19-2009, 07:25 PM
You'll regret that when you find yourself between a moose and her cubs at night.

OC47150
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
So-so episode. Hope it's not a precursor to how the rest of the season will be.

2-1B
09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
I think this episode is full of little gems from numerous cast members...I'll re-watch this one several times.

OC47150
09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Another so-so ep.

I hope it gets funny again. If not, there's reruns.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-27-2009, 07:48 PM
I gotta disagree. The premiere was so-so, but this weeks episode I thought was hilarious. Dwight and Toby's subplot was funny (I loved Dwight's reaction to Jim's promotion).

And the pre-credits sequence had to be one of the funniest moments in the show, ever. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Episode 2 was as good, if not better, than episode 1 of this season...a great back-to-back pairing in the classic feel of the office setting, now gearing up to go back out in the world with the impending wedding. This season should have a little bit of everything, I'm loving it so far. :thumbsup:

Am I the only one who wants a "Toby"-shirt stuffed bear ??? :grin:

Check out the current issue of Entertainment Weekly...I'm keeping this one for my Office collection, great cover story on Halpert and Pamcakes.

OC47150
09-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Cartoon Network started running eps of the British version of the Office last Friday night. I have to admit: I laughed more during this one ep than in several eps of the American version.

It was fun trying to figure out which Brit character matched the American character. The British Dwight was a hoot!

2-1B
09-30-2009, 10:16 PM
I tried getting into the UK Office but couldn't keep watching, it was pretty rough...Ricky Gervais is great but the rest of the cast didn't make me want to keep watching.

Even though I didn't get into that show, I still think it would be awesome to do a crossover someday with David Brent visiting Dunder Mifflin. :)

RooJay
10-01-2009, 03:24 AM
Remember the good old days, when Cartoon Network only showed cartoons, when MTV showed music, and when Comedy Central showed stuff that was funny?

OC47150
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Remember the good old days, when Cartoon Network only showed cartoons, when MTV showed music, and when Comedy Central showed stuff that was funny?

Oh yes. And when TV Land and Nick at Night showed programs classic shows.

2-1B
10-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Last week's episode was a bit of a downer and not a great episode...but tonight's is an instant classic and one of my all-time favorites!!!

Congrats Jim and Pam. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Yes, a great episode all around.

Pam having a different mom was a bit jarring, as I'd just watched the episode with the original actress in it a few days ago. Weird!

RooJay
10-09-2009, 03:27 AM
I concur - another classic! So many great moments in this one. I did half expect Pam's mom to hook up with Michael in an effort to try and get back at her husband, though! Also, who'd have thought that Dwight could be such a pimp?!:thumbsup:

OC47150
10-09-2009, 08:47 PM
One of the funniest eps in a very long time. And I was just about ready to give up on the show, too.

JimJamBonds
10-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Pam having a different mom was a bit jarring, as I'd just watched the episode with the original actress in it a few days ago. Weird!

That one I didn't catch but I do have another one to add to the list, in The Dundie's Stanley's wife is white.

RooJay
10-13-2009, 02:46 AM
I did half expect Pam's mom to hook up with Michael in an effort to try and get back at her husband, though!

So, my brother pointed out to me that this did happen afterall - my stupid DVR cut it off!