PDA

View Full Version : "the Office" (american version)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-13-2009, 07:36 AM
So, my brother pointed out to me that this did happen afterall - my stupid DVR cut it off!

summabish! Mine cut it off too! I had a feeling that would happen!!!

GREAT episode, easily one of the best in quite some time.

sonofsokol
10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
The sales of this shirt (http://http://www.amazon.com/mountain-men-three-short-sleeve/dp/b002hj377a)ought to skyrocket now that Dwight wore it.

Make sure to read some of the customer reviews...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2009, 07:01 PM
That one I didn't catch but I do have another one to add to the list, in The Dundie's Stanley's wife is white.
I thought that at first, but this was Stanley's girlfriend, not his wife.

My DVR also cut out during Kevin's shenanigans, so I didn't see anything after that.

JimJamBonds
10-15-2009, 08:49 AM
The sales of this shirt (http://http://www.amazon.com/mountain-men-three-short-sleeve/dp/b002hj377a)ought to skyrocket now that Dwight wore it.

Make sure to read some of the customer reviews...

"Server not found."

sonofsokol
10-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry for the bad link... this time I'll test it to make sure.
http://www.amazon.com/mountain-men-three-short-sleeve/dp/b002hj377a

Rocketboy
10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I watched the wedding eps online Thursday a few hours before the new episode and those were probably the 2 best episodes in a few years, maybe the entire series.

Then the recent Mafia episode was rather lame.

2-1B
10-18-2009, 12:03 AM
I liked Mafia. No way that they could top last week's, so I thought this was a nice little episode..."I will have the gabba gool."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Then the recent Mafia episode was rather lame.

Totally agree; this episode was AWFUL. I laughed maybe two-three times. Just.....bad.

JEDIpartner
10-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I am pretty much hating this season more than liking it. I'm about to stop watching as Steve Carrell's portrayal of Michael Scott is not even close to funny anymore as he bludgeons the viewer and the office workers with his stupidity. it was so much better when he was gently clueless.

2-1B
10-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Last night was awesome, I loved it! Probably the 2nd best episode of the season (after Niagra) and frankly season 6 appears to be shaping up to be the best since season 3.

Michael had some great stuff last night: everything with Toby was gold and I loved the convo with Pam's mom, aka "Boo." lol lol lol

RooJay
10-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Last night was awesome, I loved it! Probably the 2nd best episode of the season (after Niagra) and frankly season 6 appears to be shaping up to be the best since season 3.

Michael had some great stuff last night: everything with Toby was gold and I loved the convo with Pam's mom, aka "Boo." lol lol lol

Agreed, this one might be another of my all-time favorite epsiodes!

I am pretty much hating this season more than liking it. I'm about to stop watching as Steve Carrell's portrayal of Michael Scott is not even close to funny anymore as he bludgeons the viewer and the office workers with his stupidity. it was so much better when he was gently clueless.

I suppose it would help to know someone who acts like that in real life - I've known several! No, I am not kidding. Yes, that stupid.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I also really enjoyed this episode; Michael was great!!! I LOOOOOOOVED this line, "I'm going to date her even harder.......you know what I mean!" lol :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-29-2009, 08:17 AM
For anyone interested, buy.com has season 5 for 19.99 w/ free S&H. http://www.buy.com/prod/office-season-5/q/loc/322/211203076.html

JimJamBonds
10-29-2009, 11:12 AM

I won't go so far as to say I'm hating it but I'd be fine with Mr. Scorn taking it down a couple of notches.

OC47150
10-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I won't go so far as to say I'm hating it but I'd be fine with Mr. Scorn taking it down a couple of notches.

It's long overdue.

I really don't care for the changes in Jim. I've worked with people like that: put someone in a position of power and everything changes.

2-1B
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Another good espisode tonight - this season is on a roll!

I could have gone for some more warehouse hijinx, though. Did they cut the part from the previews about it being a "scarehouse, not a warehouse" ?

That Erin is a doll...:yes:

Rocketboy
10-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I really enjoyed the episode until they actually showed Michael falling into the pond. I thought it was much funnier just hearing about it. Plus, dragging Jim into the situation was pretty pointless.

2-1B
10-30-2009, 07:52 PM
RB, I'll agree that it was funnier to imagine Michael falling in...but Jim's dodging of the fall made up for it, in my opinion. lol

Anybody see Jenna Fischer on the cover of Shape? :lipsrsealed:

DarthQuack
10-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Jesus....she is gorgeous.

Rocketboy
10-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Photoshop is a beautiful tool.

OC47150
11-01-2009, 02:56 PM
The Halloween aspect of the show should've been expanded further than just the pre-credit sequence.

JimJamBonds
11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Another iffy episode. This season for the most part just isn't really turning my crank.

2-1B
11-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Another iffy episode. This season for the most part just isn't really turning my crank.

Maybe you need to adjust your crank then?????

JimJamBonds
11-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Nope, my cranks just fine. ;)

OC47150
11-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Another 'eh' episode.

OC47150
12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Watched the Christmas ep. I'd rank it third behind the iPod and Benihana Christmas eps.

But I did laugh a couple of times: Creed sitting on Santa Phyllis' lap was great. Dwight's Secret Santa gift was good, as well as Andy's gifts to Erin.

The company being sold aspect of the storyline was unnecessary, IMO. There was a good momentum going up until that point and it never really recovered.

And, I told the girlfriend: Jim has turned into Charles.

2-1B
12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Watched the Christmas ep. I'd rank it third behind the iPod and Benihana Christmas eps.

Me too.

Those 2 are among the all time greats but this one was a rather average episode. I liked it though, but it just wasn't a classic.

"Phyllis, Jim. PHYILLIS." lol lol lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2010, 07:55 AM
I have to say I was pretty disappointed to tune in last week after a month without "The Office" only to find it was a clip show. Grrr.

2-1B
01-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Partial clip show, hey at least it moved the plot along while being a clip show. :thumbsup:

But yeah, it'll be nice to get some more new ones starting next week. :)

Ando
01-26-2010, 01:32 AM
I think we got a clip show because we're coming up on their 100th episode. IIRC, this is a pretty common occurence. If my Comcast listings are to be believed, we won't get a new episode until NEXT week.

2-1B
01-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Yes, it returns next week 2/4.

They passed the 100th episode mark already, so that's come and gone. If anything, this par-clip show was overdue. lol

Ando
01-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Counting them up on IMDB, they're at 104 including the clip show, but when I count them up on the DVD's + the 13 we've seen so far n season 6, I came up with 103.

2-1B
01-26-2010, 09:57 PM
The hour-long episodes count for 2 each.

2-1B
02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Sabre kicked butt tonight, excellent episode !!!

RooJay
02-05-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm calling for a David Wallace spin-off series! Former paper company exec struggles with his new career as a stay-at-home dad!:D

sonofsokol
02-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I really like the idea of the Suck It. I think it is a solid idea. :yes:

My company recently got bought out by a bigger company and I totally sympathized with Michael and his reaction to all the changes.

Jim and Pam's interview at the school achieved a 10 on the awkwardness scale...almost too painful

Ando
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I hope Kathy Bates will be back. She's always fun to watch. Her character reminded me of "Mom" from Futurama. And come to think of it, her weasely little assistant reminded me of one of "Mom's" sons on Futurama.

I enjoyed seeing David Wallace so relaxed and friendly to Michael. The hot tub scene was hysterical!

DarthQuack
02-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Awesome episode, I really enjoy the Michael/David W. scenes esp in the hot tub!!

2-1B
02-06-2010, 11:43 AM
and Erin's "big box" !!!!! :thumbsup::pleased::thumbsup:

DarthQuack
02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
and Erin's "big box" !!!!! :thumbsup::pleased::thumbsup:

Mmmmm DQ like......:pleased:

JimJamBonds
02-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I watched last weeks episode, it was the first new episode I've watched since before Christmas. All in all I thought it wasn't very good. There were a couple of good lines ie. Cathy Bates telling Andy to take her dogs crotch sniffing as a "good sign" to which he said "I do" also the intro with Michael canceling his stay in Vancouver was alright as well. Was there anybody who didn't see Michael being the manager and Jim going back to sales? While the mid episode switch a roo was surprising it wasn't shocking and I figured how it would end in... well the end. While I won't say I've given up on the show I can see that point coming MIGHTY soon.

2-1B
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
hey, welcome back Gloomy Gus ! :thumbsup:

Don't forget to include Roger Federer For Men, which you felt compelled to text me about on Thursday. :p

The previous week (Sabre) was a good lead-in to this one, check it out. :yes:

JimJamBonds
02-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Ohh yeah Roger Federer For Men I liked that one as well. I'm sure there were a couple of more lines that I liked but have since forgotten as well but as I said before it was an overall weak episode.

2-1B
02-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Ok, I agree with you that it was predictable that JimJam would go back to Sales...BUT that's one of the things I liked about it. I wasn't too big on the co-manager storyline, so I'm glad they worked their way out of it. I wasn't too big on the Michael Scott Paper Company storyline either but since they wrapped it up quickly, I was fine with it. Basically, I don't want them straying too far from the earlier scenarios but I think it's tough to come up with new episodes without getting too far out there or getting too recycled.

Please don't give up on it, though. :(
I really don't think they'll do more than another season, 2 at the most (?) so I plan on seeing this through to the end!

OC47150
02-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Please don't give up on it, though. :(
I really don't think they'll do more than another season, 2 at the most (?) so I plan on seeing this through to the end!

At this rate, I think that is pushing it. NBC is desperate for new fresh comedies. The Office has never been a ratings hit, but a critics darling. However, newer, fresher shows are taking that title away.

I laughed twice at last week's ep. Stanley always brings a smile to my face.

2-1B
02-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Only twice? :eek:

Maybe I should post the entire script and go line by line stating what I thought was funny...which was a lot...so I can get a better idea of what people think is NOT funny. lol

JimJamBonds
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
The previous week (Sabre) was a good lead-in to this one, check it out. :yes:

It was? That one was even lamer then last weeks imho.

2-1B
02-18-2010, 08:43 AM
It was?

To people with senses of humor, yes. ;)
David Wallace going out bat-**** crazy style???
The Green Initiative storyline??? (I work in an office and that was strikingly familiar, in fact the week after Sabre aired, they were giving out metallic-y water bottles with my company's logo on it).
Erin's "big box"?
JAM and the daycare storyline?
Christian Slater?
Scranton Hot Dogs?

Damnit, I swear you are turning into the stillakid of Dunder Mifflin. :mad:

JimJamBonds
02-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Meh and meh, some of those things were ok while others.... meh. The David Wallace thing would have been better on a regular character but instead we see that on a fringe guy. The daycare bit was the worst of the list imho.

Damnit, I swear you are turning into the stillakid of Dunder Mifflin. :mad:

So I presume that Jim would then be Smelly Boy?

2-1B
03-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, that was excellent tonight, definitely one of the top 2 this season (along with Niagra) and it was loaded with good bits...but I have to select the comment about "Toby's grundle" as literally a top 25 quote of the entire series. lol

happy birthday, Baby Halpert !

JimJamBonds
03-05-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm sorry dude but it sucked, there were some nice one liners here and there but even if they were to have distilled that down to a single 30 minute show I still would have been disappointed. I'll give it a pass since it was the "baby show" but the end for me and The Office is getting ever closer.

sonofsokol
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
The breast feeding of the wrong baby was priceless:eek:
Other good stuff:

Poor Kevin:cry:
Dwight's police siren and the officer calling him by name when telling him to pull over
As 2-1B mentioned, the "Toby's grundle" line
Nard-dog hiding behind plants:ninja:
Kevin's response to what is the opposite of eating spicy food
Merideth having a shirt "just like that" in her car
Michael chucking the keys
Oscar's line, "the hospital will provide dictionaries, take a Thesaurus!"

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode, I quite enjoyed it:yes:

Ando
03-05-2010, 01:34 PM

Other good stuff:

Dwight's police siren and the officer calling him by name when telling him to pull over

^All good stuff. I thought it was pretty good, too. I normally don't like the 1 hour episodes, but this was a good one.

I also enjoyed Meredith's "Like Clooney!" line.

My wife on the other hand can't stand the show anymore.

OC47150
03-05-2010, 06:54 PM
After watching a couple of eps from season 3 earlier this week, yeah, the baby ep was weak. I laughed outloud three times: Dwight throwing the weapons out the car window when the cop was pulling him over; Dwight climbing out of Jim and Pam's bed pantless; and Andy hitting his head while spying on Erin and Kevin.

There were a couple of good chuckle moments, like Meredith's Clooney line.

Niagra is still, hands down, this season's best ep.

And as someone who worked in a hospital for nearly 9 years, I've never seen a male lactation consultant.

2-1B
03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry dude but it sucked, there were some nice one liners here and there but even if they were to have distilled that down to a single 30 minute show I still would have been disappointed. I'll give it a pass since it was the "baby show" but the end for me and The Office is getting ever closer.

I rated this a 10/10 on OfficeTally.com, only the 2nd time this season I think.
You keep saying it's getting closer, well then back up your words and turn in your Dunder Mifflin sweatshirt. Go back to your formulaic sitcoms, gramps. :p

Thanks to Angela, there will never be a Worf Schrute. :cry:

^All good stuff. I thought it was pretty good, too. I normally don't like the 1 hour episodes, but this was a good one.

I also enjoyed Meredith's "Like Clooney!" line.

My wife on the other hand can't stand the show anymore.

a) I'm often hesitant about hour-long episodes too and I thought the first half of this was better than the second half, but still good.
b) "Like Clooney" made me laugh out loud, it was hilarious.
c) Tell your wife she can spend Thursday nights with JJB and OC watching Matlock. :thumbsup:

After watching a couple of eps from season 3 earlier this week, yeah, the baby ep was weak. I laughed outloud three times: Dwight throwing the weapons out the car window when the cop was pulling him over; Dwight climbing out of Jim and Pam's bed pantless; and Andy hitting his head while spying on Erin and Kevin.

There were a couple of good chuckle moments, like Meredith's Clooney line.

Niagra is still, hands down, this season's best ep.

And as someone who worked in a hospital for nearly 9 years, I've never seen a male lactation consultant.

You've apparently never seen a grundle either, as that made me laugh as loud as just about anything. lol

OC, I've been watching season 3 during my recent marathons too, in fact I just finished season 3 last night before bed. Some great stuff in there, no doubt. :grin:

Other good stuff:

Good call on Dwight being called out by name, I loved that.
When I eventually get a house of my own, if any mold is found I'll just call Dwight. :yes:

JimJamBonds
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
You keep saying it's getting closer, well then back up your words and turn in your Dunder Mifflin sweatshirt. Go back to your formulaic sitcoms, gramps. :p

I'll give this weeks episodes a pass since with the birthday of Little Tuna there was more of a "drama feel" with the latching etc. And yes I wouldn't call it a dramatic episode but there was more drama then most episodes.

As far as that sweatshirt goes its current location is MIA so I guess turning it in is besides the point.

c) Tell your wife she can spend Thursday nights with JJB and OC watching Matlock. :thumbsup:

That is possible but I wonder where do they all live? Although its not like I need to get up early on Fridays now, I do have more built in 'drive time.' I never watched Matlock, maybe I'll get into Golden Girls instead? :p

2-1B
03-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll give this weeks episodes a pass since with the birthday of Little Tuna there was more of a "drama feel" with the latching etc. And yes I wouldn't call it a dramatic episode but there was more drama then most episodes.

Can you please to stick around in case we get a Little Nard Dog in the future? :lipsrsealed:

The Office was officially renewed this week for season 7, woo hoo !!!! :pleased:

OC47150
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM

For the record, at my house, it's Survivor, CSI and the Mentalist on Thursday nights. Everything else is recorded and watched at a later time.

JimJamBonds
03-07-2010, 06:08 PM
For the record, at my house, it's Survivor, CSI and the Mentalist on Thursday nights. Everything else is recorded and watched at a later time.

Ehh I'm going to your place then. :D

2-1B
03-07-2010, 11:05 PM
if you want to watch Simon Baker in a quality production, come over to MY house...and watch George F***ing Romero's Land of the Dead. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
03-08-2010, 08:58 AM
if you want to watch Simon Baker in a quality production, come over to MY house...and watch George F***ing Romero's Land of the Dead. :thumbsup:

So The Mentalist doesn't count? (no I don't actually watch that), as far as Mr. Romero goes I'd give it a shot.

Ando
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
So The Mentalist doesn't count? (no I don't actually watch that), as far as Mr. Romero goes I'd give it a shot.

I prefer the show that makes fun of the "Mentalist" -- literally, in the dialogue of the show: "Psych".

OC47150
03-11-2010, 08:50 PM

A weaker entry in the Dead series, but still enjoyable. Had potential, but didn't get there. I prefer Dawn of the Dead myself. :)

Tonight's ep was pre-empted in my area. SEC basketball tourney. Didn't see it listed in the late-night hours over the weekend either.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2010, 08:55 AM
My short and quick review of last nights episode: I (actually) liked it. Which goes against 2-1b's (forthcoming) review.

2-1B
03-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I liked it but not as much as other episodes...as I told JJB last night, I was 2/3 of the way into it and ready to rate it a C+, until Packman showed up and elevated it. lol
I still only gave it a B- though, as I thought it could have used MORE Packer...but it was good to see him, though.

Thinking about it more today, there were several things I liked but it was a more average episode for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved watching it because I know the series will be over before we know it, but in the interest of not appearing to be a blind loyalist (based on my clear excitement over past episodes this and last season) I'll be honest when I think an episode wasn't as exciting for me as I would like.

I did like the 'Nard Dog name-dropping How I Met Your Mother, that was cool. lol

sonofsokol
03-13-2010, 12:49 PM
as is often the case with this show, the best part to me was the last 30 seconds... Quad Desk was awsome.
Overall, it was a good episode. Nard-dawg is becoming my favorite character.

JimJamBonds
03-13-2010, 01:04 PM
I did like the 'Nard Dog name-dropping How I Met Your Mother, that was cool. lol

Since I'm an avid fan of that show that was awesome!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OC47150
03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Last week's ep was better than previous eps.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I thought the greenscreen at the dump was weird . . . not like they're actually gonna have them go to a dump, but still. It fell a little too far into the show's over-the-top side.

OC47150
03-23-2010, 08:07 PM
I thought the greenscreen at the dump was weird . . . not like they're actually gonna have them go to a dump, but still. It fell a little too far into the show's over-the-top side.

The green screen was too obvious to me.

Let's face it: the show peaked with Niagra and it's kinda hard to top that.

2-1B
03-23-2010, 08:24 PM
This last episode was decent but not a classic in my opinion. I still enjoyed watching it and it had some good moments.

The greenscreen was more noticeable in this one, definitely, but not the only time they've used it on the show.

I'm on disc 2 of Season 5 right now and I'm really enjoying it, even more than when they first aired...I think season 5 is definitely underrated.

OC47150
03-30-2010, 08:54 PM
One of the funnier eps in a long time. I really laughed when Angela sneaked up on Dwight and Isabel and scared Dwight.

Whack!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I was pretty irritated with thursdays episode; why ruin the relationship with Andy and Erin? not only is the Angela fiasco none of her business, but she also acted pretty bats*** crazy at the restaurant. Erin and Andy were both sweet and quirky and they were great together, but not anymore. Thanks for ruining that great relationship, Office writers.

OC47150
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
I was pretty irritated with thursdays episode; why ruin the relationship with Andy and Erin? not only is the Angela fiasco none of her business, but she also acted pretty bats*** crazy at the restaurant. Erin and Andy were both sweet and quirky and they were great together, but not anymore. Thanks for ruining that great relationship, Office writers.

I have to agree. It's a sweet relationship, or was. And Erin did go wacky at the restaurant. The hair in the face was a little too over the top.

The Cookie Monster bit was funny, though. But the Sabre guy in the office is a waste of a character. His storyline would've been a better fit for Toby.

JimJamBonds
04-25-2010, 05:35 PM
The Cookie Monster bit was funny, though. But the Sabre guy in the office is a waste of a character. His storyline would've been a better fit for Toby.

Yeah I had that thought as well, why wasn't Mr. Flenderson taking care of that?

2-1B
04-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I liked this week's show...the irony in Michael Scott feeling that Erin the Rube is beneath him...classic!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
I liked this week's show...the irony in Michael Scott feeling that Erin the Rube is beneath him...classic!

Just out of mere curiosity: are there any eps you DON'T like? Just wondering cos there have been some really awful eps that many folks have agreed on, but you seem to like nearly every episode. I'm just wondering what, if any, of these episodes, you don't like.

RooJay
04-27-2010, 03:51 AM
There have been some episodes I didn't like, or at least that I felt were missteps within the series, but I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same show as some of the folks here. Last weeks episode was one of my personal favorites in a long time, and I felt it was on par with some of the best of the earlier seasons. Erin's reaction to Andy and Angela's past was perfectly in line with the character I've come to know, and I honestly don't see how this ruins the Erin/Andy relationship - this is clearly just a bump in the road, much like we saw with Jim and Pam early on.

JimJamBonds
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I read today that when asked how long he'll be on the show Steve Carell said he will likely be done when his contract expires at the end of next season. 2-1b has been notified.

Rocketboy
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I read today that when asked how long he'll be on the show Steve Carell said he will likely be done when his contract expires at the end of next season. 2-1b has been notified.http://www.officetally.com/steve-carell-to-leave-the-office-after-season-7

JimJamBonds
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Last night I was watching a show I dvr'd from the Hitler channel the other day called America: The Story of Us. I mention this because during a segment on the siege at Yorktown who showed up to play a soldier? None other then our very own Big Tuna! I was quite surprised and re watched it a few times to make sure. I searched the interwebs to confirm it but I can't. Did anybody else see this?

2-1B
04-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Just out of mere curiosity: are there any eps you DON'T like? Just wondering cos there have been some really awful eps that many folks have agreed on, but you seem to like nearly every episode. I'm just wondering what, if any, of these episodes, you don't like.

Define "really awful." :)

I've not seen a single episode get a predominantly "awful" rating by the peanut gallery of 'net nerds and personally I do not believe they've ever made an "awful" episode. Possible exception for "The Banker" which I think was rather unnecessary (as I'm not a fan of clip shows) but I liked that they worked a bit of plot line into it, lazy as the episode was. Another bonus point for adding that guy from The Wire (actually the second guy from The Office since Charles Minor came and went).

I'm curious to know who these "many folks" are. :thumbsup: I do think they have made some very average and at times relatively mediocre episodes but there hasn't been a single episode that failed to make me laugh at least a few times over the half hour. Plus I am invested in the characters, so I like to follow some of the plot lines that carry over from show to show.

I understand that people have different tastes, which is fine, but if you look at Office Tally (for example) you'll see that the same episodes which bring out the complaints in some people are the same episodes that prompt other people to note what they enjoyed and found funny in the very same episodes.

The only thing "really awful" that I can associate with The Office is the awful show that airs after it, 30 Rock. :dead: Speaking of bad judgment in show quality, I find it amusing that The Office fell from grace with critics and awards, only to be replaced by that POS 30 Rock as the soup de jour. lol

There have been some episodes I didn't like, or at least that I felt were missteps within the series, but I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same show as some of the folks here.

Agreed 100%. Sometimes the things others pick apart, I shake my head and wonder where their sense of humor went. Actually I think it's ADD, people these days can't stick with a show more than a few years. That's not to say I like everything about the show, but the good far outweighs the bad IMO.

I read today that when asked how long he'll be on the show Steve Carell said he will likely be done when his contract expires at the end of next season. 2-1b has been notified.

Fine with me, of course I don't WANT the show to end but I wouldn't have been surprised if they stopped after 5 seasons, so I'm just enjoying the rest of the ride while it lasts. Right now I would probably rank season 6 as my least favorite (although Niagra and a few others are among my top 20 episodes) but I don't think the show has jumped the shark yet, so if they give it one more season and wrap things up, I'll be happy with it going out that way. :grin:

I thought tonight's episode was nothing special, but decent. Dwight's storyline was pretty good, rather Dwight-like of him. The Jim and Pam stuff was good, I liked the awkwardness with Pam's shtick and the two of them not being on-board. The minor characters like Creed, Phyllis, Angela, and Kelly had some good bits (not much from Nard Dog, though). The Mike Scott stuff was a mixed bag, sneaking that mint was great but overall his pursuit seemed to drag on a bit. Maybe he should've busted out Date Mike to spice things up. :lipsrsealed: His use of the word "sex" in his presentation was classic. lol

JimJamBonds
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
I've not seen a single episode get a predominantly "awful" rating by the peanut gallery of 'net nerds and personally I do not believe they've ever made an "awful" episode. Possible exception for "The Banker" which I think was rather unnecessary (as I'm not a fan of clip shows) but I liked that they worked a bit of plot line into it, lazy as the episode was. Another bonus point for adding that guy from The Wire (actually the second guy from The Office since Charles Minor came and went).

I'd like to enter into the record as an answer to the above question: Wedding, Phyllis's

OC47150
04-30-2010, 10:17 AM

With how mediocre the show has been this season, he might as well leave now. I think he's a talented guy, but if he's under the impression he's a movie star, he's sadly mistaken.

2-1B
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd like to enter into the record as an answer to the above question: Wedding, Phyllis's

Motion denied because
a) I watched it a few months ago and it was awesome. lol
b) You didn't even watch it all, so how would you know if you missed anything funny? :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
05-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Motion denied because
a) I watched it a few months ago and it was awesome. lol
b) You didn't even watch it all, so how would you know if you missed anything funny? :thumbsup:

1)I haven't so I'll just skip to...

2)I DID watch it (once the day after it originally aired) however I found Michael's shennigan's painful so I (yes) fast forwarded during parts of it. So did I watch it? Yes. Did I watch it 'normal' speed. No. :p

2-1B
05-02-2010, 12:48 AM
3) You need to watch it again before my wedding, as one of your duties will be to enforce Schrute-like crackdowns on potential wedding crashers. lol

4) You suggested a "really awful" episode from season 3, when I think that the vast majority of complaining from net nerds 'round the web involves seasons 6 and 5 (and to a lesser extent, parts of season 4), so it's not applicable here. :thumbsup:

5) Take care, Sir. :pleased:

JimJamBonds
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
3) You need to watch it again before my wedding, as one of your duties will be to enforce Schrute-like crackdowns on potential wedding crashers. lol

4) You suggested a "really awful" episode from season 3, when I think that the vast majority of complaining from net nerds 'round the web involves seasons 6 and 5 (and to a lesser extent, parts of season 4), so it's not applicable here. :thumbsup:

I said an episode from season 3 was bad? Hmm I don't recall off the top of my head any 'stinkers' from that season, I guess I'll have to do some investigating work and get back to you. As you said the more recent years have had the 'questionable' episodes.

2-1B
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I was talking about "Phyllis' Wedding" - it's from Season 3. :)

JimJamBonds
05-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I was talking about "Phyllis' Wedding" - it's from Season 3. :)

I didn't realise that... my bad. I'll amend my above post and say that there is (at least) one episode in Season III that sucked.

I'd like to double back and address something you said before...

When you asked me to stand up in your wedding (last year?) there was NOTHING mentioned about 'Schrute-like crackdowns' so if you want to add those duties I think you'll have to up the ante if you know what I mean. :lipsrsealed:

2-1B
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
When you asked me to stand up in your wedding (last year?) there was NOTHING mentioned about 'Schrute-like crackdowns' so if you want to add those duties I think you'll have to up the ante if you know what I mean. :lipsrsealed:

Ok, you can have the honor of cutting off my tie...in an homage to Halpert's wedding. lol

So...getting back to a group discussion...if season 7 is the last season, how do you want the series to end?
Personally, some of my all-time favorite shows don't have a good track record of going out on a satisfying note. For example:
1) The Sopranos - sudden cut to black
2) Deadwood - canceled after the fact, between seasons
3) Seinfeld - cast goes to jail for a whole year
I don't have a firm idea in my head but I'll think of something...hopefully they'll include the end of the contract for the documentary crew, maybe give us a bit of backstory on why they were being filmed in the first place? Or maybe they'll not address it at all...may not want to reference the documentary in the first place. Hmmmmmmm.

JimJamBonds
05-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Ok, you can have the honor of cutting off my tie...in an homage to Halpert's wedding. lol

Done and done.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Last night I was watching a show I dvr'd from the Hitler channel the other day called America: The Story of Us. I mention this because during a segment on the siege at Yorktown who showed up to play a soldier? None other then our very own Big Tuna! I was quite surprised and re watched it a few times to make sure. I searched the interwebs to confirm it but I can't. Did anybody else see this?

I watched that yesterday and I think I see the guy you're talking about, but that's not Krasinski. I think we're both thinking its the Plum Mitchell character, right? He looked alot like Krasinski, but that wasn't him.

And Cesar, I see what you're saying. I'm just having trouble believing a lot of Michael's hijinx and whatnot over the last few seasons. It crosses a line into idiocy and obnoxiousness that hurts the character. I liked michael because he has a good heart, but he tried almost too hard and would mess up. He just seems to do stuff that makes him borderline handicapped. But to each their own! :)

and yes, Phyllis' wedding is the worst episode ever. I still can't watch that.

JimJamBonds
05-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I watched that yesterday and I think I see the guy you're talking about, but that's not Krasinski. I think we're both thinking its the Plum Mitchell character, right? He looked alot like Krasinski, but that wasn't him.

I don't remember the character name, I presume that is the one.

and yes, Phyllis' wedding is the worst episode ever. I still can't watch that.

Thank you sir. :yes:

JimJamBonds
08-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I read recently that they (producers etc) are planning on continuing on after Steve Carell leaves the show. Personally I don't like this idea at all.

OC47150
08-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I read recently that they (producers etc) are planning on continuing on after Steve Carell leaves the show. Personally I don't like this idea at all.

I have to agree. I thoroughly enjoy seasons 1 - 3, but since then the show has been running on an empty tank. If it weren't for the fact that it won Emmys early on, the show would've been cancelled by now.

FYI, I watched Thursday night's ep (hadn't seen it before) and didn't laugh at all.

2-1B
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Season 7 has been fantastic so far, all 4 episodes have been very solid. Tonight's felt like a Top 25 episode for me, can't wait to re-watch it. Michael and Andy both had hilarious plotlines and Dwight is back in top form, it's like watching vintage Dwight.

Season 8 without Michael Scott doesn't sound like a good idea to me...but so far I am really enjoying this new season.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I concur. Every episode so far has been miles above anything from last season.

JimJamBonds
04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow first post in this thread in 6 months and with only 2 episodes left with Michael (I think).

Threat Level Midnight was awesome, the Proposal episode was ok, last weeks with Will was decent and Michael's Last Dundies looks good as well. Good to see the writers can pull out a decent episode every now and then.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Some of the Holly stuff seemed a bit rushed once AJ left the picture, but I guess they only have to much time left to tell these stories. It's still been pretty solid otherwise. I was worried that Will Ferrell's inclusion was going to take too much of the focus off of Michael's departure (making it more about Steve Carell than Michael Scott), but luckily that doesn't really seem to be the case so far.

I like that Michael is moving to Colorado, though. Maybe he'll be my new neighbor. :D

JimJamBonds
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Another nice episode, although I do wonder if its a bit of laziness on the writers part to have a(nother) Dundies episode.

Always the Padawan, never the Jedi.

OC47150
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Another ep about the Dundies was inevitable. The writers ran out of fresh ideas a long time ago.

JimJamBonds
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Michael's last episode, pretty good. I was happy to see it was extended to 50 minutes.

JimJamBonds
10-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Pretty good start to this season imho, I'm not set on watching it every week but its been good so I've kept going, although if there is a stinker I'm out.

RooJay
10-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I agree. I think Andy is going to be great as manager, and I barely missed Michael!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2011, 04:38 PM
I liked the first episode just fine, but the second one was incredibly broad and simple. Kevin's baby talk thing just killed the whole episode for me (not that Andy getting a tattoo on his butt was genius anyway).

Bel-Cam Jos
10-27-2012, 10:03 AM
I saw that Stephen Colbert would make a cameo, so I DVR'd it. I don't watch it regularly, but that seemed more weird than I've seen in the past, even if it was a Halloween episode. It was so-so (but again, I haven't seen a new episode in a loooooong time; none in the post-Carell era). And Pam HATES "Monster Mash"?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2012, 10:51 AM
My roommate still watches the show and told me that Stephen Colbert only appeared via the Internet. Does a guest star even count when it's just a video of him? :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Isn't every appearance on video?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-28-2012, 12:42 AM
He was only seen via a TV screen in the episode (without glasses); he has a decent singing voice, too.

JimJamBonds
10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
He was only seen via a TV screen in the episode (without glasses); he has a decent singing voice, too.
I know just busting chops!

JimJamBonds
06-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Wow nobody posted about the end of the show? I thought it was a pretty good sendoff. I could've done without the Ryan/Kelly stuff but at least they kept it short. Michael was a nice touch. All in all it was a good way to go out imho.