PDA

View Full Version : July Hauls

Slicker
07-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I just picked up the Han, Luke, Vader, Hammerhead, and R5 from the Tat. wave. I'm now completely caught up. They also had at least a dozen Sandtroopers at the WM I found 'em at but since I already have him I didn't get any.

I also got the Luke Speeder Bike and the Episode III Falcon.

What's so special about the Falcon for it to say limited and have a foil banner?

figrin bran
07-01-2006, 11:53 PM
2 Sandtroopers
1 Hem Dazon
Titanium Luke's Speeder bike, Republic Cruiser (passed on the ROTS Falcon. i think it's the one per case chase for this wave, slicker), Optimus Primal, Jazz
Knights of the Old Republic #6
Legacy #1
10 Watt Marshall practice amp

JediTricks
07-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah, that Ep 3 Falcon is 1 per case which is why it's got the foil sticker.

WM was very very good to me today, not super great (if they had Alternators Mirage it would have been :D) but nicely dicely:

TSC Sandtrooper x2
TSC Momaw Nadon
Transformers Cybertron Menasor
Titanium Series Ultra 6" AT-AT

Haven't opened any yet so nothing to say about 'em.

trandoshan666
07-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I finally hauled in the Saga Tatooine wave, so I'm happy for now.

Darth Instigator
07-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I have to go check for that titanium AT-AT I love the idea of it and yesterday in Walmart I held a Death Star Exclusive titanium set and I really want to go get that too!

Rocketboy
07-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) - $12.99

JediTricks
07-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Opinions about the stuff I got recently:

Star Wars Transformers ARC-170/Clone Pilot - It's a good set solid in both modes, I can certainly look past the kibble, but I'm not sure everybody will be as forgiving.

Star Wars Transformers Imperial Shuttle/Emperor - I like how the vehicle mode looks but it's not entirely stable, and I like how the robot looks from a Transformers standpoint more than a Star Wars one, even if it is kibbly and somewhat flawed.

TSC Sandtrooper - Using the VOTC Stormtrooper body makes this guy a bit more slight than he should be, but his gear helps counteract that. His articulation is almost too much, good for posing but might slow down play. The weathering looks good but I hate that they left it off the feet; the paint on his helmet is a bit heavy-handed and I saw a lot of 'em with slop here. The dewback staff looks good but the figure could never sit atop a dewback because of how close together his legs are, the staff also is a bit thick for his dainty hands. The blaster is the wide-grip version and fits in his hand fine, but still doesn't fit in the faux-holster very well. The backpack is nifty but doesn't stay on the figure for crap. His pauldron is black and stiff plastic, I wish it was a little more rubbery. The figure comes with his belt cylinder separately, he can't wear it while using the backpack, so you can remove the backpack and pauldron, plug in the cylinder, and get a regular Stormtrooper covered in orange overspray (I believe there was one like that in ANH with the Sandtroopers). Good figure, but I wish the paint was more neatly applied, and the backpack stayed on the figure.

TSC Momaw Nadon - Hammerhead strikes back! Momaw Nadon has been among my favorite SW aliens since the POTF2 figure which blew me away back then. This TSC one is a very cool figure, it's far more accurate than the POTF2 version with a great sculpt and paint job, yet that POTF2 figure is good enough that I plan on keeping him around as well. TSC Nadon here has a narrower but longer head sculpt and a paint wash to bring out the sculpt's character, plus his stereo mouths are still playing an important part. The neck turns side to side, and sports a scarf at the base that's a separate piece. The body and limbs are well-designed but I was expecting a little more articulation in the arms, Nadon sports just standard-six POA, so there isn't all that much you can pose him doing. Instead of weapons, Nadon comes with a bar glass in his hand, a cantina short table, and a tall gold staff which seems a tad flashy for this cantina denizen. I am glad they updated the figure with this new sculpt, it's certainly worth getting, but somehow it's not quite as exciting as when I first got that POTF2 Momaw Nadon figure - I wouldn't even suggest to newbies that they track that POTF2 one down (unless you want the galaxy's largest handgun... which comes with a gardener figure?), buy this new one and you'll be happy.

Titanium Series Ultra 6" AT-AT - this is the first Titanium Ultra 6" I've gotten in the non-WM-exclusive line. The changes to the Action Fleet sculpt are myriad, but they still kept its essence which is good because it really understood the movie version - they did ditch all the opening cockpit stuff though which is too bad, now only a removable panel on the right rear shows the interior, and that's just a flat plate with a little tech and a pair of speederbikes sculpted in. I was expecting more metal with this thing, the head and upper armor is the only metal except for screws and pins, the rest is plastic - the paint wear matches most of the plastic with the metal nicely, there's only a few bare spots. The neck moves on a ball joint, a little more range than the AF version but nothing crazy. The big deal here is the knee articulation, it works fine but looks a bit bulky, the ball-jointed ankles work better and do hold the vehicle upright, I'm still trying to find a great pose for it as it's a little tough to work with the hips, feet, and knees in concert. The AF version was a bit too narrow so the legs had a hard time passing each other and that's the case with this TS version too. There's also an included mini snowspeeder, it too sadly is plastic rather than metal, and it has 2 laser blasts sculpted to the front which plug into 2 holes on the right rear leg interior, that's how it's supposed to be displayed, like it's flying under the AT-AT firing at the leg (the prototype had a separate stand, but that got dumped), this'd be ok except the laser material is far too rubbery to hold it this way for long. The big plastic display sports a lot of twisties which is odd since the feet have holders in the base and the body is also screwed down into long clear posts (I had no trouble unscrewing and rescrewing this as they're hollow posts). Ultimately, I wish they had gone a little further with this, more metal, snowspeeder made of metal, something, it's good but needed a little more for $20.

Transformers Cybertron Menasor - Ignoring Hasbro's incorrect interpretations of what's going on with this figure, the vehicle mode ain't as bad as I expected, the minicon interaction in vehicle mode is alright, the bot looks better than I expected, and I love the minicon-in-the-chest gimmick. But even if I overlook that he doesn't exactly have hands and the electronic gimmick is awful and the vehicle mode rear end doesn't lock down, he still has a very serious flaw in how his waist falls apart constantly and this kills the figure.

figrin bran
07-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Titanium Starscream and Autobot Ark
G.I. Joe Bombstrike and Croc Master 2 pack (for custom fodder)
Cars Flo's V8 Cafe
Superman Slurpee Cup from 7-11 with "Artic Blast" flavored slurpee

jjreason
07-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I got the TRU Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack today, complete with acceptable paint apps on all my clones. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
So the Canadian has a Battle Pack I've not found yet. Oh, is this irony or what? Are those hitting stores up there?

DarthQuack
07-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Transformers Season 3 Part 2/Season 4 DVD used from FYE, 27.99 :yes:

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Darth Maul Full Double-Bladed Force FX Lightsaber - Master Replicas does it again! I posted a hefty review of it in the new SSG Reviews System (http://reviews.sirstevesguide.com/showproduct.php?product=21).

LTBasker
07-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Had a major hauliday today

Layaways put in:
#1-
ML AOA Wolverine (Variant)
ML Sentry (Variant)
ML Sentry (Regular)
Tatooine Sandtrooper
1:16 Robin on cycle

#2-
...a bunch of Tatooine wave figures, don't remember.

Layaways I got out:
#1-
Mattel DCS Supergirl x2
Titanium Green Jedi Starfighter

#2-
Titanium Blue Jedi Starfighter
Titanium AAT
Titanium Battle Ravaged Falcon
Titanium Sith Infiltrator
Lushros Dofine
Sun Fac

#3-
ML12 Bishop x2
ML12 Wolverine
DCS Bizarro
Heroes and Villains Anakin

#4-
Titanium Silver Darth Vader
Titanium Silver Boba Fett
VTSC with taped ends Han, Greedo, Luke and Tusken Raider
Sun Fac
Geonosis 3PO with 3PO head
Geonosis 3PO with Batle Droid head
Titanium Silver Slave I
Titanium Darth Vader TIE x2
ML AOA Wolverine (variant)
ML Warbird
ML Thor (Wal-Mart)

Now, to stuff found....

Tatooine Sandtrooper x3
TRU Ra's Al Ghul x2 ($5 each)
TRU Silver Superman
Titanium Turbo Tank
Hem Dazon
Mattel JL 10" Martian Manhunter
Superman The Movie DVD
Superman II DVD

Rocketboy
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Birthdays are awesome:
New set of golf clubs
Golf balls
Golf glove
Tees
Battlefront 2 (PS2)
T-shirts
New shoes
POTC: DMC at the theater
Lunch/Dinner
Artoo-Detoo cake that I have begging Mom to make for years now.

Darth Instigator
07-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Had a major hauliday today

Layaways put in:
#1-
ML AOA Wolverine (Variant)
ML Sentry (Variant)
ML Sentry (Regular)
Tatooine Sandtrooper
1:16 Robin on cycle

#2-
...a bunch of Tatooine wave figures, don't remember.

Layaways I got out:
#1-
Mattel DCS Supergirl x2
Titanium Green Jedi Starfighter

#2-
Titanium Blue Jedi Starfighter
Titanium AAT
Titanium Battle Ravaged Falcon
Titanium Sith Infiltrator
Lushros Dofine
Sun Fac

#3-
ML12 Bishop x2
ML12 Wolverine
DCS Bizarro
Heroes and Villains Anakin

#4-
Titanium Silver Darth Vader
Titanium Silver Boba Fett
VTSC with taped ends Han, Greedo, Luke and Tusken Raider
Sun Fac
Geonosis 3PO with 3PO head
Geonosis 3PO with Batle Droid head
Titanium Silver Slave I
Titanium Darth Vader TIE x2
ML AOA Wolverine (variant)
ML Warbird
ML Thor (Wal-Mart)

Now, to stuff found....

Tatooine Sandtrooper x3
TRU Ra's Al Ghul x2 ($5 each)
TRU Silver Superman
Titanium Turbo Tank
Hem Dazon
Mattel JL 10" Martian Manhunter
Superman The Movie DVD
Superman II DVDSilver superman? Is this a rarity? I haven't seen this before.

Nice grabs btw

Slicker
07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Birthdays are awesome:
New set of golf clubs
Golf balls
Golf glove
Tees
Battlefront 2 (PS2)
T-shirts
New shoes
POTC: DMC at the theater
Lunch/Dinner
Artoo-Detoo cake that I have begging Mom to make for years now.Since when does your arthritic arse golf?

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Silver superman? Is this a rarity? I haven't seen this before.TRU exclusive figure, Clark-to-Superman Supes without his cape and painted silver with black wash all the way up to the middle of his neck (similar to the gold Batman Begins Batman) $9.99 or free with any $20 Superman Returns purchase.

Kidhuman
07-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I thought it was a Target exclusive JT?

Picked up a Sandtrooper and a Cantina Han for JJ(why?)

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 11:44 PM
You thought wrong. ;) I even saw more of them at TRU a couple hours ago with the sign.

Rocketboy
07-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Silver Supes is indeed a TRU exclusive. Picked one up for JetsandHeels a week or so ago and they had over 50 of 'em warmin' them pegs.

Since when does your arthritic arse golf?Since your mother...ah nevermind. Too easy*.

Where you been the last 12 years or so kid?
And I do believe we have either been golfing or to a driving range together at one time or another.

*Yeah, too easy...like your mom. Buuuuuuuuurn. i got u good!!!!!! lol

2-1B
07-08-2006, 02:34 AM
two Alice Cooper T-shirts at his show earlier this week, one with the Dirty Diamonds cover artwork and another with a shot of the Ballad of Dwight Frye straight jacket.

figrin bran
07-08-2006, 09:23 PM
since kay bee was having a buy 2 and get one free on their POTC toys, i picked up a Sparrow, Swann and Palifico

Ji'dai
07-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Plundered some 50%-off pirate swag at the local Spencers Gifts.

The motion-sensing animatronic talking pirate heads feature male and female skulls that chatter back in forth in a rather risque conversation filled with double entendres and bad jokes.

The rather large pirate fountain has a lighted base with a skeleton pirate guzzlin' some yellow-dyed ale that pours from the stein down his gullet and back again.

El Chuxter
07-08-2006, 11:17 PM
I got about 600 bricks today so I can spend next weekend building me a patio. :)

Kidhuman
07-08-2006, 11:44 PM
When you're done with yours can ya hook mine up?

Ji'dai
07-09-2006, 09:04 AM
I got about 600 bricks today so I can spend next weekend building me a patio. :) What kind of pavers did you get? I installed a patio several years ago with these "Euro" red/black blend pavers.

Darth Instigator
07-09-2006, 09:14 AM
is it hard to install a brick patio once you have the bricks?

Blue2th
07-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Found Hem Dazon and Momah Nadon with clear cups (variation) also Mace's Starfighter and Darth's Tie. The latter I didn't buy cause I have the last 2. Though I have read recently it has cool paint apps.

Ji'dai
07-09-2006, 04:26 PM
is it hard to install a brick patio once you have the bricks? It's labor-intensive, but easier with two people. The hard part is clearing the area, laying the foundation (usually crushed gravel & sand), and leveling that off. Then you lay the bricks & install some edging around the perimeter to keep the pavers from escaping. Nasty little buggers - prone to wandering, pavers are.

Mine was a little more difficult since I installed mine next to the house. Instead of leveling the grade, I put in a very slight slope so that water would run away from the foundation of the house.

LusiferSam
07-11-2006, 12:29 AM
I got about 600 bricks today so I can spend next weekend building me a patio. :)
I really had to think about this one for a minute. Here's the set up: my blood's run a little hot right now, I'm on the tired side (both of which effect my dyslexia) and I'm think about legos. So my question was: Why would you build a patio out of legos? lol lol

But really, I just got the new Mindstorm set from Lego of the weekend (a late birthday present). The new interface is cool. Totally different for the old. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. :( I also picked up a new case for my laptop.

figrin bran
07-11-2006, 01:15 AM
in the mail today, i got:

VTSC George Lucas Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper from kbtoys.com
Pixar "Filmore" from a fellow collector on RS.

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 10:04 AM
FB, didnt see any Cars Diecasts at Target or WM today. Sorry

UKWildcat
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Picked up a few more titles at Blockbuster for their 3 for $20 sale. I grabbed War of the Worlds, Hostel and A History of Violence.

JediTricks
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Titanium Series Transformers Autobot Starship Ark - an interesting, but not totally convincing entry. Only the central column of the ship is metal, and it's not especially well-detailed (it's downright blank on the sides); the nose and wings are rubbery plastic and their orange color doesn't match the orange paint of the metal. Only the nose of the ship is actually the Ark I know, it's got the details from the original except of course no rocket nozzles in the back since the back is part of a larger ship, this part is also removable - just pull and you've got a tiny, thick version of the ship from the first Transformers show. The rest of the ship's paint details are fairly bland, with an Autobot logo on each wing. The "display stand" is botched, the large clear Autobot logo looks great and the clear arm that pegs into the bottom of the ship looks ok with its tech details, but the arm and the stand itself don't connect in any way, the arm has a peghole but the stand has no peg whatsoever. Overall, not that great really, a cute idea but too many lesser issues. Grade: C

Zoom-O - not the best name in the world, but a fun toy none the less. Zoom-o is essentially the old cup-and-ball game except with a flying disk you have to catch - and it's not tethered! So far, I've only seen it at Target, it's $10 and has a great try-me package as you can really fly the disk in it. Of course, once you liberate the toy from its clamshell packaging it's now a lot harder to catch the flying disk since even when you get it back into the handle it's spinning so fast it tries to fling itself out (and nearly always does). I love flying toys and this is no exception, it claims it can fly as high as 100 feet, holding the trigger down to spin up to full speed with my 8 foot ceiling it hovers around and then takes off to parts unknown - there are 5 extra disks since you WILL be losing some. Unfortunately, it also excites my cat, he sees it fly and wants to catch and destroy, so it's a bit of a challenge in the house. None the less, a simple yet fun toy. Grade: B+

DarthQuack
07-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Spectacular Spider-man Full Run 1-263.
Amazing Spider-man #252
Amazing Spider-man #238
Iron Chef Book

Rocketboy
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
"Waiting" DVD - $8
NHL 2K6 PS2 - $9

Slicker
07-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Where the hell did you find Waiting for so cheap?

Rocketboy
07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Circuit City. It's pn sale this week.

figrin bran
07-13-2006, 11:40 PM
series 6 kubricks

x-wing luke
tie fighter pilot
death star droid
R4-M9

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Vintage Saga Collection Lucas Stormtrooper - nice mailer, not damaged, Lucas head's a little small but looks good, helmet looks great and fits well, I didn't realize how lackluster the CTC Stormtrooper body seemed compared to modern design until I opened this figure up though, it just doesn't have the chops (naturally I have over a dozen CTC Stormies :p). Grade: B

Transformers: Cybertron Ransack GTS - An interesting recolor of an odd figure. The colors are very different which is good, but don't entirely work together. I immediately did the strut-swap to make it right, which is an improvement. Will not grade yet as haven't done a full review.

Transformers: Cybertron Giant Planet Minicons - Very satisfying trio of new minicons, each has its own issues but all in all a cool set and worth picking up. Will not grade yet as haven't done a full review.

trandoshan666
07-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I nabbed the Die Hard trilogy WS for $20. I'm looking forward to a mini-marathon. :)

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh, I forgot, WM had all the Star Trek movie DVDs on sale for just under $10 each, the newer special edition DVDs, they had no ST:First Contact and possibly no ST4, but they had the rest. Since I didn't own ST:Nemesis on any format, I caved and bought it - maybe I'll dislike it less the 2nd time around.

figrin bran
07-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Thom Yorke's "The Eraser"
Dinoco Lightning McQueen diecast
1:24 scale McQueen

Slicker
07-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Went to Circuit City and boughts me some DVD's:

Waiting (Thanks RB for the tip :thumbsup:)
Forrest Gump
The Pianist
What Dreams May Come

In total I spent $36 for those 4 DVD's.

I also bought about 9-10 Captain and Coke later in the night.:yes:

Ji'dai
07-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Received my Summer's Family Album 3-figure box set and free Deluxe End of Days and Graduation Day Faith figs from Time&Space Toys earlier in the week.

Found a Wal-Mart with Dead Man's Chest figures and bought a Zizzle 3.75" Pirate Disguised Elizabeth Swann ($5.88) yesterday. Hopefully my TRU will get more of these figures in since they have the cheapest price on this line at $5 each.

Also found a Dead Man's Chest aquarium decor kit at Wal-Mart yesterday for $30. I posted pics over in ActionFigs.com photo gallery (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=all&ppuser=92), check 'em out.

The kit comes with two sculpted figures of Davy Jones and Jack Sparrow, complete with diorama bases, that you set on opposing sides of your aquarium bottom. There's even a backdrop for the rear of the tank.

JediTricks
07-15-2006, 01:31 PM
I saw that on Thursday at WM and was busting up, the drowned Captain Jack didn't make sense to me but Davy Jones would look crazy cool in a fishtank.

figrin bran
07-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Ji'dai, if you have any KB stores near you, they have zizzle POTC figures for $5 as well.

today i picked up:
titanium cylon raider (still not a good paint app but i have 2 vipers and so i needed a 2nd raider ;) )
pixar cars : sarge, leakless, nitroade, ramone

JetsAndHeels
07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Friday: superman returns mach speed supes figure (2nd one to open)

Today: wu-tang clan's greatest hits cd

Ji'dai
07-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I saw that on Thursday at WM and was busting up, the drowned Captain Jack didn't make sense to me but Davy Jones would look crazy cool in a fishtank. Yeah, Davy Jones makes the most sense, plus he's got the neater backdrop of the two with his treasure chest at his feet and coral-encrusted rock at his back. A Curse of the Black Pearl kit with skeleton versions of Barbossa & Sparrow dueling it out would make awesome aquarium decor.

figrin, the KB here closed a couple of years back :sad: Thanks for the tip though.

JediTricks
07-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Friday: superman returns mach speed supes figure (2nd one to open)Is that the one with the sound effect chest? I haven't seen him in person, only promo shots, so I'm curious what it does and what articulation the figure has.

Yeah, Davy Jones makes the most sense, plus he's got the neater backdrop of the two with his treasure chest at his feet and coral-encrusted rock at his back. A Curse of the Black Pearl kit with skeleton versions of Barbossa & Sparrow dueling it out would make awesome aquarium decor.That sounds really cool, they should also do sunken versions of the Pearl and of the Flying Dutchman as well.

maatu
07-16-2006, 02:43 PM
i just ordered the classic movie super fuzz,i remember this baby playing on hbo in the 1980's alot. probably when i get it and wathc it i am going to be like wow my taste for movies then was ****.
i also ordered highlander comic books. man i am pumped... looking forward to debt for along time. But it's fun...

JediTricks
07-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Darth Vader Voice Changer - $8.64 on clearance at Target, I bought it for my niece, but my sister had just as much fun with it (and for some reason, it was way freakier on her, probably because it was closer to in scale with her head). The voice feature is questionable, if it were louder and picked up the mic better it'd be really enjoyable, and it's not batteries since the electronic Vader recordings are REALLY loud. I tried it on, it's very claustrophobic for an adult male, but if you can get past that, it's surprisingly fun. I hope they have a lot of fun with it.

UKWildcat
07-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm getting ready to haul a whole bunch of stuff out of the mailbox. *rubs hands together* :D

JetsAndHeels
07-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Is that the one with the sound effect chest? I haven't seen him in person, only promo shots, so I'm curious what it does and what articulation the figure has.

It has the "flying" sound effect, and the articulation is on the arms, head, and feet. The legs do not actually move but his knees bend and so will the feet. It's a really cool figure.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Heh, finally found my 2nd UGH, Obi Wan:pleased:

JediTricks
07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
It has the "flying" sound effect, and the articulation is on the arms, head, and feet. The legs do not actually move but his knees bend and so will the feet. It's a really cool figure.
Flying sound, you mean the sonic boom one from when he enters the atmosphere? I don't remember any other sound, the other flying shots had stuff unsettling from the backdraft but no actual flying sound from what I can remember. If it's the sonic boom, that's kinda cool.

I didn't understand about the hips, I thought you meant they were tied into a gimmick, then I saw this test shot: http://cgi.ebay.com/Superman-Returns-Mach-Speed-Superman-Prototype_W0QQitemZ200007638956QQihZ010QQcategoryZ 2482QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
So he just has no hip articulation at all, that seems like a really weird choice on Mattel's part, and they're not even close together like a flying pose. I wonder why they did that.

JetsAndHeels
07-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Flying sound, you mean the sonic boom one from when he enters the atmosphere?

It's a flying sound, like a swishing sound..then a boom like when he is in space and then swoops down back to earth in the movie.

UKWildcat
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
I was delighted to find that my Carnivale Season 2 dvd set arrived today in the mail from Amazon. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
07-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Darth Vader Voice Changer - $8.64 on clearance at TargetGot mine for $6 and change.

El Chuxter
07-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I got a rock.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I got a sammich from sheetz

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Got mine for $6 and change.Showoff. :p

I got a haircut yesterday.

bobafrett
07-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I puchased a third VOTC biker scout and the following from the titanium series....

Executor
AT-AT Walker
A Wing Starfighter
Sandcrawler

No haircut, I'm saving mine for another year.

JetsAndHeels
07-19-2006, 09:34 PM
25 liquor boxes from the local ABC store. only 10 cents a piece.
They are great for packing up stuff when you are moving!!

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 09:55 PM
If you need more, try a supermarket, they often have a bunch waiting to go in the bailer and will give them to you for free. The sizes aren't uniform and you may get some crappy boxes, but it's worth a try.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Titaniums:

A-wing
Sandcrawler
Executor.

DarthQuack
07-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Amazing Spider-man 121
Amazing Spider-man 239

UKWildcat
07-21-2006, 08:55 PM
I got a new cell phone today. Upgraded to a Samsung A-920. It's a really sweet phone.

JetsAndHeels
07-21-2006, 08:59 PM
If you need more, try a supermarket, they often have a bunch waiting to go in the bailer and will give them to you for free. The sizes aren't uniform and you may get some crappy boxes, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the tip.
I got somemore today from work. Good boxes that will easily let me arrange stuff like figures, cds, etc.

Slicker
07-22-2006, 02:19 AM
I finally got my truck back from the body shop today. I'm soooooo damn happy to get my baby back.

I also got my aftermarket projector headlights for her too.:thumbsup:

DarthQuack
07-22-2006, 03:26 AM
Garindan
Hem Dazon
Momaw Nadon
Sandtrooper

LTBasker
07-22-2006, 04:35 PM
The Phantom DVD for $5.50
The Incredibles 2-Disc Widescreen (at Drug Warehouse of all places, all the wal-marts here only have full screen)
Moff Jerjerodd x2
Emp. Palpatine x1
DCSH Doomsday x1
Coruscant Firespeeder Pilots x2
Breathe Right Nasal Strips

figrin bran
07-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Moff Jerjerrod
Republic Commando for Xbox marked down to $19.99
Justice League Animated Rocket Red figure
Disney Pixar Cars Leakless, Ramone
table fan to help me cope with the heat wave

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Moff Jerjerrod
Imperial Gunner
Wireless control for my laptop
In about 15 minutes Im going to buy Empire at War so I can use said control.......use it at work hehehehe

Rocketboy
07-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Me no buy bIZZARO toy.

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Over the last 2 days:

2 Moff Jerjerrod
6" Ultra Titanium AT-AT
Unleashed figures off Lay-a-way
80 dollars in WM gift cards from my job
Emperor Figure
Hoth Han and Luke GH pack
candle
pair of jeans
toilet paper
stomach meds
Ham and bread(had cheese)

trandoshan666
07-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I recently received the SW original radio drama set; only problem is it's on casette tapes, and I don't own a player anymore. :(

JediTricks
07-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Over the past 2 days:

LEGO Bionicle Toa Inika Nuparu - the latest Toa figs, $10, crazy bigger complex container, light-up sword/weapon, marble-shooter with 4-ball magazine, no gear or motion gimmicks at all this time, just a figure with weapons. This is the black figure, he's got claws on his hands where the others don't, so he's a winner just from that. His weapon is swordly but really it's a gun too, even has a smaller lightsaber blade in it, LED color is red and the batteries ARE replaceable. Nuparu is the only one in the line whose launcher is shoulder-mounted rather than a handgun, the magazine is good but the top ball is easy to fall out. Arms are super long, torso is nice and solid though, not gappy. Articulation is standard Bionicle, neck is ball-jointed, the mask is cool (the only in the line that really looks good to me) but there's no actual head behind it, just a hollow facade, that's not right. All in all, he's decent, feels a little overpriced, but not too bad. Grade: B+

LEGO Exo-Force Mobile Defense Tank - I've wanted this one since I saw the first pics. It's a $30 set, 355 pieces, has a micro-disc-launcher and an LED brick, and 2 minifigs (both have crazy Exo-Force wigs and multiple faces on the head). The build is a large, orange, 4-treaded, articulated battle tank with tons of weaponry, the build is a bit dependent on large curved pieces and technic action, but the final vehicle is worth it with 2 sets of treads that can lay flat or articulate all the way to full vertical - with the large weapon pods on either side of the cockpit looking like hands, standing mode has a "mech" feel to it, very cool! The rear set of treads has a long exhaust pipe on either side with flame pieces at the top. The cockpit is simple but well-armored and has 2 sets of blasters at the nose, the driver seems pretty safe in there. However behind and above the cockpit is an articulated gun with a gunner at the top totally unprotected, the gun is a large 6-barrelled main cannon, on the right side is a micro-disc-launcher that can hold the 10 micro-discs (though the loaded one isn't held in place by anything and can slide right out the front if tipped down), and on the left side is the LED brick with a lightsaber blade (is it a sight, or a weapon? you decide). The disc launcher doesn't do it for me, and I'm considering taking it off and centering the cannon on the ball-jointed articulation brick, this will raise it up a little and give it more clearance, which it could use. The weapon pods are cool but are on ball-jointed articulation bricks which barely hold them in place, they have a decent range of motion and look cool. The vehicle's major flaws come from the treads needing to soften up a bit so it can roll cleaner, and a lot of stickers that help offset the otherwise overly-orange look of the tank, 2 of the stickers actually cover multiple bricks! All in all, this is a very nifty set, I'll be enjoying it for a while, the design is something unique and fun; Grade: A-

Hasbro VTSC Han Endor - $2.98 at Target, I couldn't resist picking up a second one.

Hasbro VTSC Sand People (Tusken Raider) - also $2.98 at Target, I had been meaning to get more of this figure anyway.

Random Target clearance stuff - a lot of stuff was on clearance at Target, weird little stuff, I bought a bunch of silliness.

Hot Wheels 1/18th Ford Shelby Cobra Concept car - usually $20 or so, I picked this up for $4.98, sweet clearance price! I like this car, the Cobra was one of the coolest cars in its day and this is a nice modernization of it, a little more mature but still possessing presence. Mattel includes some good details, the fat slick tires, the front wheels turn, the doors and hood open (the hood opens from the back, yay), but the engine is a little too much of an obvious empty facade, and there's no opening trunk. The clean gray with light gray stripes keep this feeling very business-y which is always good. Grade: B

UKWildcat
07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Pulled Halloween: 25 Years of Terror, Halloweens 4 & 5 Divimax SEs dvds out of the mailbox today.

Ji'dai
07-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Caved in and bought NECA's Dead Man's Chest Series 1 at Spencers Gifts last Thursday.

Picked up a ROTS AT-RT Driver with correct face paint and the small LEGO Dino Attack set from Big Lots.

Also bought some more 3.75" generic pirate figures from Big Lots. Individual figures, like Capt. Mad Gunn below, are 99 cents. Check out my actionfigs.com album (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=1750) for pics of the other pirates I recruited.

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Went and got a VTSC Greedo and Han from Target today for 2.98 also.

figrin bran
07-27-2006, 09:41 PM
thanks to BlueSnags and toonimator's heads up, i was able to score an ACME Archives Anakin Skywalker Character Key!

jedi master sal
07-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Got the word about the Battle packs reduction in price at Target. My fiancee went out while I was at work and picked me up the last 3 of them at one of my local stores (no VTSC at all though).

Received my Qui-gon bust finally.

I did pre-order the SSC Jabba/Dias/Salacious sets if that counts.

Ooh, and my fiancee is going to get me the Maul FX saber for my birthday next month. I asked her to get it from Ray Park's website since he's also sending an instructional DVD with them!

Completed a deal with Darth Cruel-I got 5 Senate pods.

UKWildcat
07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Picked these up at Taret today:
Han, Greedo, and Tusken VTSC for 2.98 each.

Superman Returns "Invulnerable Superman" S3 figure which was marked down to $3.24.

King Kong - Kong vs. Piranhadon which was clearanced to $2.48.

I picked up a couple of LOTR AOME figures at Big Lots today as well.

Darth Instigator
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
hey if they have anymore at that price i wouldn't mind getting as much of the set that i can, thanks

trandoshan666
07-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Hauled in the following today:

1 Chief Chirpa
1 Moff JerJerrod
1 C3PO w/chair
1 Emperor
2 Death Star Gunners (incredibly cool)

JediTricks
07-28-2006, 07:34 PM
TFU minicon Thunderclash - thanks to 138 Scourge on BWTF.com forums for picking this up for me, otherwise I really doubt I would have ever gotten one. My Armada Starscream is buried at the moment or I would have attached Thunderclash to him. The alt mode is simple but classy, gray, blue, black paint, clean lines with some but not too much detail - I would have liked just a little bit more paint though. It seems to be a spacefighter, they didn't paint in the windows but the lines are sculpted to suggest it, the rear stabilizers rotate around, and it's very heavily-armed; his wings fold up which might make a good weapon mode, but the powerlink port is in the nose which makes it a little difficult to place. Transformation is decent, nothing spectacular but not overly simplistic, there's a major gerwalk mode going on if you stop early on. Bot mode shares the cockpit torso, cheap head reveal ;), and long tall backpack look with Starscream, so he is given long heels to accomodate the weight distribution. Thunderclash still has long wings with huge guns at the outer edges, the wings are his shoulders and now his rocket pods are his thin arms, no hands but he can jam his forearm into an enemy's face, then release the rockets to seal the deal. I don't really know what to do with that shoulder articulation, it's not especially intuitive on how it helps the arms. The hips and knees are standard articulation, but it's hard to pose him because of the backpack, plus he's so light. The only new color is the orange visor, he needs that color too, the rest of the head is gray so the little mouth gets lost. I like the missile tubes on the shins, they could be hoverjets for alt mode, but they look wicked as more weapons. All in all, he needs more paint and another powerlink port, but is otherwise a nifty minicon. Grade: B

Sideshow 12" Anakin as Vader SDCC-Exclusive - I just got him in the mail, haven't had a chance to open the box. The red Lords of the Sith colorscheme is a real powerful statement, far more than the green on the Order of the Jedi boxes. The figure has Sith Eyes, but also still has those over-painted lips which is a shame, the rest of the new paint is subtle except for the eyes themselves. I'll crack him open in a few minutes when I've caught my breath and relaxed a little.

JediTricks
07-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Restarting my comments on Anakin...

Sideshow 12" Anakin as Vader SDCC-Exclusive - The red Lords of the Sith colorscheme is a real powerful statement, far more than the green on the Order of the Jedi boxes. Strangely, Anakin gets a weird collar around his face in the tray, you can slip the figure out from under this without removing it though.

I just finally got him out of the packaging and I am very disappointed in this one, the exclusive paint job is far less than what we were led to expect, his eyes are painted with Sith Eyes but the rest of the face is not - the dark circles which make up much of the COVER OF THE BOX do not appear on this figure at all, that annoys the **** out of me. Also, the regular figure's flaws are just as bad here: the sculpt isn't accurate, the sleeves are trouble to work with, and the right arm falls out constantly which is utterly no fun; something I hadn't heard from others about regular Anakin though: the shoulders are weak as hell, nearly incapable of holding themselves up much less an accessory. Plus there's less articulation in the right wrists than the left, limiting some poses. And I don't like how small the left forearm is.

The outfit is good work in theory, but in practice I find that all the various cloth elements like the separate shoulders under the vest and the leathery belt over the cloth one move around so much that it becomes a chore to keep everything looking right. The robe looks pretty good, the brown color doesn't bug me as much as I expected, and the wire hood still works great, though the hood ends in the back in a point which isn't wired and wants to stand up even though it shouldn't, requiring that it gets mashed down every once in a while. Once you put the robe on though, that right arm is going to be a pain about staying in place, and getting it re-attached with the robe is next to impossible, it's awful.

The accessories are great work, there's lots of detail, although that holoprojector is undoubtedly too small, and there seems like too much gold on the robo-arm. The lightsaber and deactivated hilt are great, and the hilt fits on the covertec belt holder snugly. The exclusive lava droid stand is of course not to scale, and it's only the tippy top of the droid, no features or anything, the figure can't get in an extreme action pose but he has enough room to stand comfortably. The stand's color is good, sculpting is pretty decent all pocked up with a few splotches of melted areas from the lava, and there's a hole on the top that accomodates the actual stand portion.

All in all, I'm not thrilled with this piece, and it cost me a hell of a lot between shipping, tax, and somehow non-attendees have to pay $5 more. Grade: C+

DarthQuack
07-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Chief Chirpa
Moff JerJerrod
Emperor

All the one wave minus Luke Floppy hat.

figrin bran
07-29-2006, 03:50 PM
C3PO w. ewok throne
Chief Chirpa
Animaniacs Vol. 1
Pinky and the Brain Vol. 1
titanium unicron, beast wars megs, war within prime
$2.98 vtsc greedo, tusken

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Saga 3PO, his knees look like poo, but at least they bend I guess

Ji'dai
07-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Saturday I nabbed:
-Chief Chirpa (need more of the tribe, lots more)
-C-3PO with Ewok Throne
-Moff Jerjerrod

Also picked up a set of Zizzle Deluxe 3.75" Dead Man's Chest figures:
-Captain Jack Sparrow with Firing Black Pearl Cannon and Kraken Tentacle
-Davy Jones with Flying Dutchman Barrel Table and Pirate's Dice game
-Ocean Drenched Jack Sparrow with Exploding Longboat
-Will Turner with Cannibal Bone Cage Trap

Carded pics of the Zizzle stuff over in my actionfigs.com album (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=1750).

trandoshan666
07-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I don't know if it qualifies as a "haul," but a friend gave me The Kenner Collection Anakin Skywalker: The Story of Darth Vader set with the book and 12-inch figure. It's in pristine condition, so I'm pumped about it. I also got the 12 OT Manga books from him. I've never been interested in comics, but must admit, these are cool.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-30-2006, 10:17 AM
I had to haul my lazy behind to work this morning.

UKWildcat
07-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I had to haul my lazy behind to work this morning.

Me too..... :mad:

DarthQuack
07-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Vitamin Water
C-3PO
Luke w/Floppy Hat.

Finally all caught up with the latest two waves, minus DS Gunner.

Blue2th
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Last night. Walmart: Unleashed Han and Shock Trooper (damaged cards) for 9.00............ Orange Utapaun Trooper w/red holo,............Han, Greedo, Tusken, Luke, Vintage Saga for 5.00 a piece...............Megatron and Optimus Prime Titaniums........ 1/18 Messershmitt Me-109G Ultimate Soldier.

JediTricks
07-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Hasbro VTSC Sand People (Tusken Raider) - And true to my word, I got another one at a different Target for $2.98.

Hasbro VTSC Greedo - I figure for $3, I can find something to do, there's a Rodian in the same costume in Jabba's palace, and the felt vest here looks better inside-out anyway (although the seams are of course big). Now I just need the tab from another VTSC Luke and I'll get me another Lucas Stormtrooper.

LEGO Dino Attack Steel Sprinter vs. Mutant Lizard (7473) - On clearance for $0.98 down from $4, barely worth the buck I paid for it, pieces are lame, build is "meh", hinged brick for no reason (???), weapon is doofy, finished quad is nothing special, I already have 3 of the lizards from another set and they're not great. Grade: C-

TF: Alternators Mirage - I did a full review in this post (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=488189#post488189). Here's the wrapup: While not without his flaws, Mirage is already among my favorite Alternators in the line due to a nigh-perfect vehicle mode, a slick bot mode, and amazing sculpted detail throughout. The vehicle mode stability is amazing in a line known for its problems in that department. The transformation scheme borrows only a little from previous Alternators, and makes it all his own. Mirage takes a little splash of G1 and then goes his own way to make something very cool. While there are a few issues, my biggest complaint is simply that Mirage didn't get released sooner to keep the line's momentum going. Grade: A-

Rocketboy
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
It's August 1st.