PDA

View Full Version : just call me DADDY darthvyn

darthvyn
07-04-2006, 08:53 AM
so i posted this elsewhere a while ago, but since my wife's into her second trimester, it's a safe bet i can let the whole world know... i'm gonna be a father! we're not finding out what the baby is, we've just been referring to it as "ziggy" (i was calling it "ziggy the zygote" for a while at the beginning, and it stuck...) the first ultrasound ziggy looked like a circus peanut, so it's become "ziggy the peanut."

ziggy's due to join us in mid-december, and i'm gearing up to inundate the child with both the star wars and spider-man worlds, regardless of sex, which, like i said, we're not finding out...

bobafrett
07-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Congratulations to you and your wife. Kids make you age, but for the most part are a pleasure to raise as you instill your parenting skills.

Rocketboy
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Can we start calling you FFvyn? :D

But seriously, that is awesome! :thumbsup:
It seems like everyone is having babies lately.

Slicker
07-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Congrats Vyn. It's always good when SW/Comic Book nerds have kids because it means that I still have a chance.;)

UKWildcat
07-04-2006, 10:39 AM
It's always good when SW/Comic Book nerds have kids because it means that I still have a chance.;)

lol Actually... that's kinda sad. :sad: ;)

Congrats darthvyn!!!

figrin bran
07-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Congratulations!

you may want to start thinking of boys and girls names though otherwise you might find yourself using "ziggy" by default ;)

Kidhuman
07-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Congrats vyncent. May the kid be as big a geek as you are.

jjreason
07-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Great news, Vyn. Keep us posted on the progress. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
07-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Congrats, I have a big extended family so I'm always around little ones and they can be a real joy, or when I'm working my PT job at Target, a real PAIN lol. I can't wait to have some in a few or more years.

Ji'dai
07-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey, congrats! I used to read Ziggy, but I feel he's gotten too preachy lately.

Boy, you're gonna have a tough time finding SW and Spidey baby toys... NOT!

darthvyn
07-04-2006, 02:37 PM
thanks everyone!

you may want to start thinking of boys and girls names though otherwise you might find yourself using "ziggy" by default ;)

it'll probably always stick around as a nickname, but we've already decided on Orion Thomas if it's a boy, and Julia if it's a girl. my wife doesn't have a middle name, because her dad didn't have a middle name, so we have to keep that tradition alive. Julia is after the john lennon song about his mom, and Orion Thomas is because we wanted something to do with space (my wife always wanted to name a daughter after the moon, but anything that's not "moon" or "moon-unit" just opens the doors for "lunatic" jokes...) and Orion is pretty cool (plus it's a slight superhero name, orion of the new gods... but don't tell my wife!) and Thomas after my grandfather and godfather on my mom's side, and my wife's grandfather on her dad's side.

Congrats, I have a big extended family so I'm always around little ones and they can be a real joy, or when I'm working my PT job at Target, a real PAIN lol. I can't wait to have some in a few or more years.

oh, i really can't wait... i love kids, and they just go nuts when i'm around - mrs. vyn's cousin has four kids, all about a year apart. when we went to visit them, she didn't see me until we went home. otherwise i was in the middle of a dogpile.

i also taught art and computer classes at my job in raleigh to kids ranging from 3-12. i have a knack for working with kids, since i'm just a really tall kid myself...

Boy, you're gonna have a tough time finding SW and Spidey baby toys... NOT!

hah! yeah, tell me about it... but it's the best excuse in the world for toy collectors!!! it's like being under-cover!

jjreason
07-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Just me "blowing" again :mad: lol - but your condition appears to be contagious.. I just got an email from my university buddy... his wife is preggers WITH TRIPLETS!!!!

Kidhuman
07-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Dang Triplets, thats a handful. Maybe vyn and his woman can have septuplets

UKWildcat
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Maybe vyn and his woman can have septuplets

Or maybe even octuplets.

(what the heck comes after that anyways?)

darthvyn
07-04-2006, 05:18 PM
i guess that would be nontuplets... or is that only one baby, using "non" as a negating prefix.

either way, holy crap, please just let it be one baby!

Jargo
07-04-2006, 05:19 PM
lawsuits usually.

congrats Vyn, the seed of your loin is indeed mighty.

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Congrats, vynnie. I'd share some helpful advice, but Chux will probably drop the hammer and accuse me of fishing for compliments again ;)

And "Ziggy the Circus Peanut" is awewome! My wife and I went with just "Bean A" and "Bean B".

El Chuxter
07-05-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm leaning toward Feety the Fetus, though Mrs Chuxter doesn't care for it.

Congrats, again. May your progeny bear the likeness of David Hasselhoff and be born humming the Knight Rider theme.

2-1B
07-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Congrats Vyncent, so are you going to be playing Master of Puppets in the delivery room to welcome Orion? :grin:

darthvyn
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
well, didn't really keep the information going in this thread, but i am now officially a father!

julia margaret joined us on the stroke of midnight, dec. 15th. at 9lbs. 6oz, and 22" my wife had to have a c-section. her water broke at 1am the 14th, and she was in labor from about 2:30am til the procedure. she really powered through it. the baby was just too big, and the labor wasn't progressing.

it's really cool that she was born on the 15th, though. not only was it the expected due date (one of the nurses said it would be the first time they every got it right...) but it was my grandmother's birthday, and julia's middle name is her namesake.

you can see some pics at www.vynsane.com/julia - the two images of the cat (meg) are her laying down on a blanket i brought home from the hospital that julia had been swaddled in. apparently she has no problem with the kid's smell.

2-1B
12-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Well done Mr. and Mrs. Vyncent ! ! ! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Congrats. :thumbsup:

Slicker
12-17-2006, 12:34 AM
I said it elsewhere but it's the same here, congrats on the new addition, Vyn.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-17-2006, 12:35 AM
congratulations darthvyn, this time officially! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Word vyn, all the best to you.

Rocketboy
12-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Congrats again and great to see some pics!
She looks great!

CaptainSolo1138
12-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Awesome, vyn! Congrats! She looks alot like daddy!:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Good on you, Vyn! :)

2-1B
12-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Where are the "Oooohba. Ooooooooohba." droids from that Polis Massas joint ? :confused:

bobafrett
12-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Cute kid there Vyn! Congratulations, getting through the next 18 years is the hard part!

UKWildcat
12-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Very cute indeed! Congrats Vyn! Very pretty name too, I have a niece named Julia.

El Chuxter
12-17-2006, 08:32 PM
I'll call you Daddy Darthvyn if you'd like. I just won't call you late for a trip to Slicker's Mom's shack.

(Oooooooooooh, burrrrrrrrrrn!!!)

j/k. Like I said elsewhere, best to you and the Missus... and obviously to Julia and Megatron as well.

darthvyn
12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
I'll call you Daddy Darthvyn if you'd like.

that reminds me of how i told one of our friends that we were having the baby... we were actually at the new york international auto show, and walking around, not being able to keep it a secret very well at all, and finally we agreed to tell him.

"hey, max" i said... "you wanna be known as 'uncle max'?"

point blank he just said "sure." and then realized what i was implying and went "holy crap, wait... what?!"

basically, it doesn't matter to max if there's an infant involved. he just wants to be known as "uncle max" anyway...

JEDIpartner
12-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Can we call you "Daddoo"???!!

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Aw man, after all these years you forgot that their aftermarket value plummets when you take them out of the package? ;) J/k, congrats on the baby Vyn! You getting Spidey PJs for her yet?

2-1B
12-18-2006, 06:29 PM
JT, if he's talented in even the slightest way, he'll be able to reseal her and sell her on eBay as still MOC. :grin:

Slicker
12-18-2006, 06:56 PM
JT, if he's talented in even the slightest way, he'll be able to reseal her and sell her on eBay as still MOC. :grin:But her blister card spilled all over the floor...

2-1B
12-18-2006, 08:30 PM
When will Slicker spawn ? I want to see what a Lil Slick will look like. :grin:

I will buy him a bib that says, "Kiss Me. I'm Lil Slick."

Slicker
12-18-2006, 09:15 PM
When will Slicker spawn ? I want to see what a Lil Slick will look like. :grin:

I will buy him a bib that says, "Kiss Me. I'm Lil Slick."I think I can wait for that one...although the trying part is fun.:love:

darthvyn
12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
just an update... mommy and baby came home yesterday afternoon, and we made it through our first night with a pretty good amount of sleep! my mother in-law (now known as "nana") is staying with us to help out while my wife recovers from her c-section, so that's cool.

Rogue II
12-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Mother in-laws are pretty handy with newborn babies. I don't know how we would have gotten through the birth of either of our kids without my mother-in-law.