PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July!

bobafrett
07-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone! Get out there and celebrate that your underpants haven't been stolen!

UKWildcat
07-04-2006, 10:36 AM
lol

Yes, everyone have a happy and safe 4th of July!

2-1B
07-04-2006, 01:17 PM
I've been going nonstop for the past 2 days so today I'm just taking it easy.

Rogue II
07-04-2006, 02:46 PM
There is nothing like celebrating your country's independence by blowing up a small portion of it.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2006, 05:35 PM
There is nothing like celebrating your country's independence by blowing up a small portion of it.... or eating Hamburgers and Frankfurters with French fires. Maybe some salad with Italian or Russian dressing, or a Turkey sandwich. Playing Chinese checkers with your friends Chad and Jordan. Happy 230th USA! You don't look a day over 215. :lipsrsealed:

plasticfetish
07-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Happy 4th you capitalist swine! (Seriously, have fun everyone.)

Mad Slanted Powers
07-05-2006, 12:56 AM
The Fourth of July. Independence Day. A day to celebrate Freedom...for five of my Star Wars action figures! Tonight, Aunt Beru, R2-Q5, Myo, Feltipern Trevagg, and Dannik Jerriko were liberated from their plastic prisons. Also, a few Imperials were acquitted during war crimes tribunals, and were set free last night. They included Death Star Trooper, Death Star Droid with Mouse Droid, AT-AT Driver, Captain Piett, Admiral Motti and Grand Moff Tarkin (No Tycho, I did not sniff the mouse droid, but I did notice a strong smell when Myo's "cell" was opened).

Hope you all had a good 4th. I was at my uncle's for a barbecue. I decided not to go watch the big fireworks show this year, but I can hear them from here. They were going off as I was writing this post, but I believe they just ended.

plasticfetish
07-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Someone told me that across the river in your state, that there are no fireworks laws at all. Is that true?

JediTricks
07-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I stuck it to King George by lighting off a bunch of safe & sane fireworks, not the best but better than being in a crowd of people while listening to some horrible PA inaudibly crank out crappy modern country tunes. Safe & sane fireworks don't go up in the air, they just make noise and shoot sparks and flame, it's ok, but they're actually not legal in LA city which sucks bad, some independence! The amount of areas where we CAN buy and use them safe-&-sanes is ridiculously small, and if we get caught trying to celebrate our patriotism, it's a $1,000 fine! And the number of people actually getting hurt by fireworks is stupidly low anyway, it's the most out-of-proportion government controlled item I know of, some independence!

Check this out, the only cities in LA County that allow Safe-&-Sane fireworks is 6 - Azusa, Baldwin Park, Duarte, El Monte, Industry and La Puente - out of 88 cities and 45 more unincorporated areas!!!

Banthaholic
07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
... or eating Hamburgers and Frankfurters with French fires. Maybe some salad with Italian or Russian dressing, or a Turkey sandwich. Playing Chinese checkers with your friends Chad and Jordan. Happy 230th USA! You don't look a day over 215. :lipsrsealed:
What no Polish Sausage, Belgian Waflles, or a Canadian-Bacon pizza?

We went to see our local fireworks last night and got the thrill of sitting by the most unruley 8 yr old kids I've seen in my life. Besieds talking during the entire show, we were treated to sand throwing contests (which the youngens missed each other and hit most of the rest of us nearby viewers), wrestling matches, and some rednecks that couldn't figure out how to use their bottlerockets properly with most shooting directly into the people sitting nearby. The funny part was the parents were right there but decided their kids were behaving fine despite being their antics, and seeing their kids being talked to by at least 4 different groups of nearby adults.

Slicker
07-05-2006, 04:49 PM
What no Polish Sausage, Belgian Waflles, or a Canadian-Bacon pizza?

We went to see our local fireworks last night and got the thrill of sitting by the most unruley 8 yr old kids I've seen in my life. Besieds talking during the entire show, we were treated to sand throwing contests (which the youngens missed each other and hit most of the rest of us nearby viewers), wrestling matches, and some rednecks that couldn't figure out how to use their bottlerockets properly with most shooting directly into the people sitting nearby. The funny part was the parents were right there but decided their kids were behaving fine despite being their antics, and seeing their kids being talked to by at least 4 different groups of nearby adults.I shall answer that with this (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=480912&postcount=2) from IJG's rancor pit thread.

You may feel free to insert an " ;) " at the end of the "offending" sentence if you deem it necessary.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Someone told me that across the river in your state, that there are no fireworks laws at all. Is that true?There are plenty of fireworks laws in Washington. In Bellingham, you can only set them off between 9am and midnight on July 4. I think outside the city, where I used to live with my parents, the time was longer. Of course, someone not far from me was setting some off after midnight last night. If you are on the Indian Reservation, you can set off the stuff that they sell there, like the bottle rockets and other explosive stuff.

Bellingham has a nice fireworks display on the bay at 10:30 on the 4th. I walked/jogged downtown the last two years to watch it, but passed this year. I considered taking my ladder out of the garage to see if I could see them if I climbed up it. I'm not sure if this hill blocks the line of sight or not.

I think you can set off fireworks on New Year's Eve as well. There is usually a fireworks display at Civic Field (the main track and football field in town) then, which I can see fine from my house. That is an even shorter walk if I want to get closer to them.

I don't know about any regulations in the rest of the state. I don't know how much they enforce the restrictions either. Maybe if someone called and reported those after midnight fireworks, then something would be done.

DarthQuack
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I got to see some fireworks on Sunday night at a family picnic and that was really good, had to work last night until 11:30 and just saw the ones we aired on our television station.

bobafrett
07-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Here in Illinois, we are only allowed stuff that makes smoke, very boring. The fireworks displays put on by the cities are pretty nice, but as far as using your own it's a big no no. You can drive to Wisconsin or Indiana to purchase illegal fireworks, well illegal here in Illinois. I've even heard radio advertisments prompting people from Illinois to come across the border to buy all sorts of fun explosive fireworks. I'm not sure what would happen if you were caught smuggling the stuff back into Illinois, but I'm sure there would be a large ticket, plus confescation of said fireworks.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Here in Illinois, we are only allowed stuff that makes smoke, very boring. Meanwhile, all the stoners think this means that marijuana is legal on the 4th.

plasticfetish
07-06-2006, 04:57 AM
There are plenty of fireworks laws in Washington.Hah! I love that people down here are telling me that it's anarchy up there. I was (and am) still amazed by the fireworks for sale here though. Huge tents on every corner selling them... and it's such a combustible place with all the trees. I suppose it's wet enough though. :)

JimJamBonds
07-06-2006, 10:01 AM
There was an article in my local paper the other day and it said anything that blows up or comes off the ground is illegal. Which pretty much eliminates anything and everything other then snakes. :rolleyes:

2-1B
07-06-2006, 11:47 AM
those snakes smell really good, though.

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 03:41 PM
There was an article in my local paper the other day and it said anything that blows up or comes off the ground is illegal. Which pretty much eliminates anything and everything other then snakes. :rolleyes:We had some great smoke bombs this year actually, the red, blue, and green smoke all looked tremendous (the yellow looked decent, the 2 purples looked like regular smoke). Those snakes leave a pretty permanent scorch mark in the ground, it's cool. :D Most of the safe & sane fireworks we had didn't blow up or fire off the ground, they shot sparks and crackles and made noise.

One of the best new s&s ones this year did blow up though, the Crazy Eyeball, a mini-spinner that spun a few times (or didn't spin at all sometimes) then its plastic eyeball center glowed momentarily before it blew up in a shower of crackle sparks - very small, but surprisingly entertaining.

bobafrett
07-06-2006, 10:37 PM
When I was younger (many a year ago) my freids and I would light smoke bombs and through them onto the neighbors roof after it rained and it would leave pretty colored patterns on the rooftop.

Darth Duranium
07-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Happy 4th of July to my American pals from north of the border... Have a great day. :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
07-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you all enjoy the holiday!

2-1B
07-04-2009, 05:08 PM
May the 4th be with you!

bobafrett
07-04-2009, 07:15 PM
It was raining here, but has let up, so we might have fireworks.

TeeEye7
07-05-2009, 01:58 AM
May the 4th be with you!

....and with you!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2009, 09:36 AM
When I got up to get the newspaper (it's like a blog or online news wesbite printed on actual paper, delivered to one's house :p ) this morning, it smelled like fireworks residue. I immediately thought of Robert Duvall in Apocolypse Now.

Ji'dai
07-05-2009, 09:49 AM
When I got up to get the newspaper (it's like a blog or online news wesbite printed on actual paper, delivered to one's house :p ) Oh, so that's what those are...

No "emitting showers of sparks" here, just the regular kind. It rained all day but there were a few people in my area at least trying to celebrate on the big day. I didn't see any lights in the sky, just heard the booms. Kinda defeats the purpose to launch stuff into the rain since the water just douses the fire trails.

JimJamBonds
07-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Although this is a day late.... This Is Our Country.

JediTricks
07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Um, you guys do know that it's 4th of July everywhere, not just in the US, right? Granted, that date is the day we celebrate our Independence Day (and then Bill Pullman flies a fighter jet), but nobody says "Happy Independence Day" anymore, just "4th of July".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBSwS3LCNto

TeeEye7
07-05-2009, 10:08 PM
It's the same with "Cinco de Mayo". It's everywhere too. No one says "Happy Victory Day at the Battle of Puebla"! At least not in the United States of America, they don't! ;)

JediTricks
07-06-2009, 04:51 PM
That's because Cinco de Mayo is just another excuse to get super drunk. If there wasn't green food dye involved, we'd probably say "Happy March 17th!"

Slicker
07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Happy late 4th. I spent my 4th of July in Perth and it was rather fun. There were a lot of American decorations up and people telling us Happy Independence Day. I love Australians!

Mad Slanted Powers
07-07-2009, 05:24 PM
I was looking for some Indiana Jones jewelry because I thought it was Indy Pendants Day.

Slicker
07-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I was looking for some Indiana Jones jewelry because I thought it was Indy Pendants Day.May I redirect you to this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=13840)?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2010, 09:14 AM
I love how my wall calendar shows tomorrow as "Indepedence Day (Observed)." Uh, the 4th is the 4th.

Wear the 4 colors of the flag in honor of the Fourth today! (red, white, blue, and :p )

TeeEye7
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Wear the 4 colors of the flag in honor of the Fourth today! (red, white, blue, and :p )

Will do! It's a custom my little family has always observed!

Happy 4th, everyone!

JediTricks
07-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Independence is a funny thing, sometimes no matter how patriotic you are, you don't consider freedoms like the freedom to not have a government tell you how you can name your child. I read an article yesterday on CNN about 6 governments that restrict baby naming, and it was funny, but when I told my mother about it she asked if they had posted for 4th of July, and while they hadn't, it's a good point. Here's the article, and Sweden won't let you name your child "Elvis" despite that being a boy's name!
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/07/03/mf.baby.naming.laws/index.html?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

That's right, freedoms we're not even thinking about, only in America!

DarkJedi5
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Happy 4th everyone!

(Been saving post number 1776 just for today! Though it'll probably change soon....)

JediTricks
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Great job! If you post a screenshot, I'll merge it into your previous post. :D

JimJamBonds
07-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I offer two quotes for today...

This is our country.

and

America, F YEAH!

bobafrett
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Happy 4th of July! I just want to go to bed, Wal-Mart ripped the holiday spirit out of me.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Be safe enough that you can still count on your fingers what today's date is!

TeeEye7
07-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Happy Independence Day!

sith_killer_99
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Be safe enough that you can still count on your fingers what today's date is!

7/4/2011 :laugh:

Happy 4th of July everyone!

JimJamBonds
07-04-2011, 07:20 PM
This Is Our Country

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
The AOL homepage has a pair of red, white, & blue Chuck Taylor All Stars on it today! Now THAT'S America! :thumbsup: :pleased: Celebrate responsibly, all!

TeeEye7
07-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Happy 4th, everyone!

Behave! I'm working tonight...........

sith_killer_99
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Happy Birthday America!

JimJamBonds
07-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Happy 4th of July!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I think it's the 4th of July in Australia and New Caledonia now; start the celebrations!

JimJamBonds
07-03-2013, 08:44 PM
This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlGmKF5hmZ4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlGmKF5hmZ4)