PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary TRON Toys in Hand!

Thrawn
01-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Since these sets were limited to only 10,000 I figured (hehe) that I better preorder them and not kick myself in case they don't hit retail. Since it is one of my all-time favorite film I felt they were must have, even though I have a vintage set.

I ordered from amoktime.com and got them today - quick, easy and at a good price. Only problem was that the red lightcycle has been cancelled, but that is OK, I have the vintage one. As long as the new blue one was made I was happy.

The cycles come with 'new' exclusive figures. They are really just a grey TRON and Flynn. All are individulaly numbered my TRON is even a low 28/10000. They have new 20th Anniversary packaging, but are all basically the same as the vintage ones.

vulcantouch
01-25-2002, 12:44 PM
. . .i.e. in xtra dvd features or an enclosed booklet a la the laserdisc?

Thrawn
01-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
. . .i.e. in xtra dvd features or an enclosed booklet a la the laserdisc?
I was talking about the toys, but...

Yes, the 2 DVD set has ALL of the info on the CAV 3 LD set and more - has awesome animated menus on the bonus disc - best ever.

vulcantouch
02-03-2002, 12:33 PM
. . . which indicates maybe you own it? in that case i know Just how you can return the aussie braid favor i didja earlier this year: since you now have the dvd, maybe the laserdisc don't matter so much to you no more? if so, you can send me the laserdisc's booklet! it features mead & moebius artwork right? PERFECT! :Pirate::evil::happy::D
vt

vulcantouch
02-15-2002, 10:54 PM
guess i'll take that as a no :o oh well, see if i ever do thrawn any more favors, he never even thanked me :zzz:

Thrawn
02-16-2002, 01:26 AM
I don't live in the forums and I never said I owned the LD set. I will someday as it is now affordable.

I am a huge TRON collector, ask JT, and wouldn't part with it if I had it, would make a copy though.

vulcantouch
02-16-2002, 12:30 PM
. . .i guess thwawn just don't Wuv me :( :cry: :o ;)

ConvergeDW
02-18-2002, 08:46 PM
Has anyone found thatthese toys are ALWAYS damaged when you find them, I have seen them in a bunch of places and they always look like a dog chewed them up before I got there.

master jedi
02-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by ConvergeDW
Has anyone found thatthese toys are ALWAYS damaged when you find them, I have seen them in a bunch of places and they always look like a dog chewed them up before I got there.

I think that's because only 5 people saw the film.

ConvergeDW
02-20-2002, 09:20 PM
ummm, ok, were there any dogs that saw it though?

decadentdave
03-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Hey Thrawn,

Red Lightcycle with Sark is an Amoktime exclusive and is limited to just 1500 pieces!!! They are $29.99 each or a case of 6 for $125!

Also, Medicom Japan is releasing a set of NEWLY SCULPTED 3 3/4" action figures and lightcycles!!! The figures have articulated joints and can fit in their lightcycles in upright "hunched' positions as in the film!!! These are much more detailed than the TOMY/NECA versions. You can preorder these ($45 each) from Robozone.com. I gurantee these will be the ultimate Tron collectibles and will be a better investment than the NECA limited edition re-issues.

END OF LINE.

Mr Sci Fi
03-09-2002, 01:21 AM
I just received a case of the exclusive red light cycle and sark figures, First of all a case of six doesn't mean it's in a case. They came as if I had just ordered six of them seperately. Another disturbing thing I noticed about the ones I ordered is that they're suppose to be limited to 1,500 peices but the labels all say a number higher than 1,500 and the total number produced says 5,000. I relaize this is probably a printing mistake but still when something is limited to a certain number I like that number to correctly appear on the packaging, I'm thinking about complaining to amoktime and neca.

All of them arrrived with a little scuffing on the box and window, not very much but decernable to a collectors eyes.

Till all I/O towers are Free!
kevin h.

JediTricks
03-10-2002, 01:12 PM
I found a whole bunch of the "supposedly-exclusive to Amok Times" Red Lightcycle at Suncoast in the Burbank Media Center mall on Friday afternoon for $25 each. While the numbers were all in the lower hundreds, I couldn't help wondering how this Suncoast could get SO MANY of these while the whole run was limited to only 1,500 pieces. I think Amok Times or NECA is scamming, something seems very wrong with the situation.

On the plus side, this toy totally took me back to my childhood days, I took the red lightcycle with me everywhere I went.

(Oh, and they also had the other TRON figures I was missing, so I got those too. My Warrior figure is #32!)