PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Deluxe/Ultra lines

Rogue II
07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Dear Hasbro,

During the Saga line, you gave us some great things with the Deluxe and Ultra lines. Wampa with Hoth Cave, Jabba and his Court Denizens, General Rieekan with Hoth Tactical Screen, and the Ewok Glider. Even the POTF2 Hoth Rebel with Cannon, Snowtrooper w/ gun, and Probe Droid were pretty cool. One of my favorite features is how the base from Hoth Luke fit in with the base of the Wampa and how FX-7 fit into the base of the Bacta tank Luke. Since you are reluctant to give us playsets, and certain figures may not sell well on their own, it would be great if you brought these back. Here are a few I'd like to see.

ANH
Luke with Moisture Vaporator and droid.
Yavin Hangar (Rebel Technician with tools and the pilot transport)
Various cantina patrons with the curved bar section or center island
Jawas with new driods from the Sandcrawler
Death Star Gunner with Turboblaster

ESB
Torynn Farr with Communications console
Imperial Officer with Star Destroyer computer console.
Han Solo w/ Torture Rack (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=21103)
Bespin Junk room (Chewbacca, a couple Ugnaughts, a conveyor belt and a furnace)

ROTJ
Funeral Pyre Vader (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=756)
Jabba's Dungeon (BG-J38 and 2-1A)
Biker Scout with Bike
Ewoks w/ Catapult
Herme Odle and Yarna (if they aren't already planned for next year)
Emperor Palpatine w/ Throne

Thank you, and have a nice day. :)

jjreason
07-05-2006, 10:29 PM
The deluxe figures that were done "well", were really good (Slave Leia with Cannon, Luke in Bacta, etc) but the marjority of deluxe figures through the ages have been less than stellar. I'll be on board if they decide to include deluxe accessories from the movies, as RII described above.

Kidhuman
07-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I agree. Its a greast way to get new figures out there and a build your playset type feature. The Kamino Obi and Jango where nice accessories and built a little battle ground.

Banthaholic
07-06-2006, 12:13 AM
They have to put good work into the Deluxe line and it will be succesful. Clone Wars had mostly good deluxe (exception being droideka rolling thing). The E2 force flips were horrible, but who couldn't have seen that coming, just bad decision on Hasrbo's part. Stick to items found in Ultra line. Most sold relatively well, until the final few waves starting stockpiling past releases instead on throwing in anything new.

I love the option available for a deluxe line. We need more than just action figures and vehicles for our world. Give us a line that will give us Good accessories and smaller scale vehicles to round out the world.

Rogue II
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
By "Deluxe line, I don't mean the POTF2 EU Luke, Han, and Crowd Control Stormtrooper. When someone in another thread posted something about wanting a modern mini-rig line, those were the first things that popped into my head. Pleas, not those.

The main things I'd like to see return are the large accessories(like weapons or small playset type items), small vehicles(speeder bike), and a couple larger figures that may be too big for the regluar carded line (Probedroid, maybe Herme Odle).