PDA

View Full Version : A lot of Jar Jar? Or not?

PloKoon2385
01-25-2002, 02:30 PM
I have a question. That question is, "Will we see a lot of Jar Jar Binks in Episode II?" I know he is some sort of Senator or something like that, but I don't know if he will have a big part or not. I certainly hope not. Ugh.....

JetsAndHeels
01-25-2002, 02:49 PM
From what I have read, Jar Jar's role in this film will be reduced alot from what it was in TPM. He has a few speaking lines, but the reports say he is mostly just a figure in the scenes, and that is about it.

Co Jo-Da
01-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Man, has this subject been talked over and over again. Jar Jar has only about 5 minutes of scene time with a few lines but mostly he just stands in the background and tries not to annoy anyone...

SithDroid
01-26-2002, 05:16 PM
We can only hope....

browndroid
01-26-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
We can only hope....

yes, we can only hope.....

LTBasker
01-26-2002, 06:56 PM
What's more annoying? Jar-Jar, or the people constantly rambling on that he's annoying? ;)

GNT
01-26-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
What's more annoying? Jar-Jar, or the people constantly rambling on that he's annoying? ;)

I'd go with the people,they just never shut up about him!its always Jar Jar this,Jar Jar That.It gets quit annoying after awhile!

Co Jo-Da
01-27-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

EXACTLY...

bigbarada
01-27-2002, 04:34 AM
I have a feeling Jar Jar will have as much screen time in Ep2 as Mace had in Ep1. Good news for some, casual indifference for others (like me).

I guess some people could be disappointed at not seeing Jar Jar, because as everyone knows it just wouldn't be a Star Wars film unless someone steps in some poop.:rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
01-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Y'know, Han , Luke, and Leia were knee deep in poo in ANH and nobody complained, but Jar Jar steps in a tiny little pile of it in TPM and everybody is up in arms. I think all your complaining about Jar Jar just shows your natural distrust and intolerance of those who are different from you. Palpatine would love to have you bozos in his Imperial Army. Facists.

2-1B
01-27-2002, 04:20 PM
I'm glad Jar Jar is going to be in this film. But it does make sense that he won't be in it as much. Now that he's a congressperson, his place in the story is probably best realized by staying on Coruscant. According to spoiler reports, there is much action away from the capital, hence he will not have much screentime.

I like the picture I saw of him in his new wardrobe. I'm looking forward to his scenes with Anakin. He could add a nice touch to the political-speak of the cloning issue.

If indeed he is an unknowing pawn of Palpatine, I hope people show him compassion. However, I fear that he will be subject to more bashing.

princethomas
01-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Honestly, I like Jar Jar. I mean I was like most people, and hated him at first. But then I became pretty indifferent. I think I could just cut out a couple of lines of dialogue and hed be just fine.
Now I find myself even throwing out the occasional
Jar Jar quote even. And I realized that he is part of the movie, and I really like that movie.
Now, Im not going to go out and get a JJ shirt
and cap and start a fan club, but I say get off the guy. Hes really not that bad.
And I can tell you this. Hes not as annoying as
C3P0 in Empire Strikes Back. Holy Crap. I want to choke that droid

Out
--T

Beast
01-27-2002, 08:21 PM
I as you can tell, like Jar Jar Binks. He definatly fits into the Star Wars universe, unlike some have stated. I think it's definatly a case of two reasons why people complain about him. 1: People have lost the innocence of youth they had when they saw the original movies. 2. They just enjoy finding reasons to complain about the movie.

As for his apperance in E2, It's nice to see that he's no longer the clumsy and goofy teenager that appeared in the first film. He's grown up and matured, even becoming a senator. I have a nice lil tag line I use about Jar Jar. "From Screw-up, to General, to Senator, to Hero"

I really like his new outfit also, definatly looks good on Jar Jar. Alot better then how he was dressed in E1. I don't mind his small part in E2, fits in with the charecter. The Naboo tale was E1, now its time to move on. I think he will have a larger role in E3, and may loose his life to turned Anakin, while attempting to protect Padme and the unborn Skywalker twins.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
01-27-2002, 11:09 PM
Well I for one was a child when the original trilogy came out. My attention was kept and I didn't need the stupid fart jokes or someone stepping in poop for me to enjoy a film. The problem that I suggest is that the attention span of todays children is far less than that of earlier years. Perhaps it is just me, but I was raised to be quiet and enjoy a movie, not annoy the person in front of me trying to watch the film. These "Immature" jokes and gags with Jar Jar ARE uncalled for. There was no need to have them in the film. Notice how a lot of Jar Jar bashers are people who saw the OT in the theatre when it was originally released. They found the humor uncalled for and have a right to speak their mind because it just does not fit with everything else.

As for C-3P0, I like him the most. His type of humor at least IS tolerable. Some people may not like him, but I bet not as many that don't like Jar Jar. I don't like Jar Jar, but if you enjoy him, then that's great. I just have a different perspective of him.

LTBasker
01-28-2002, 12:56 AM
I just watch the film and don't pay attention to the jokes unless I'm in a laughing mood, it's just part of the film, it's not like they were put there to make you pay attention for that key scene, they're just there.

Co Jo-Da
01-28-2002, 01:59 AM
I do like Jar Jar (I really do) but I felt/feel that his role in Episode I was a little too big and I felt that GL was simply using him to show ILM's new CG, like Watto wasn't enough. In Episode II he'll have a much smaller role and that's fine by me, not because I didn't like him but in the over all Star Wars universe Jar Jar is a small character that needs to be faded out so the real story can told...

Obi-Don
01-28-2002, 05:28 AM
I like JarJar too. Not everyone is born to be the hero type as we know it. I could have done without the fart scene in the movie but choose to by pass it. The movie is what it is , and we will have to take it for what it is. You can either watch it or not. I try not to let things like that bother me. I believe that SW is what you make it out to be. You take in what you want and forget about what you don't like. It maybe GL's story,but it is our universe.