PDA

View Full Version : Original Human Jabba

Jargo
07-06-2006, 02:05 PM
I was thinking the other day (and yes i know the smoke could be seen for miles), but I was looking at pics of cut scenes on some site or other and decided it's about time we got a figure of the original human jabba.

I thought a multi-pack could work containing the following:
Human Jabba
Han Solo VOTC
Boelo (the dude in the docking bay with the pointy hat on)
Gela Yeens (barely seen but he's the dude with the moustache and the beany hat and goggles)
Beardy burly henchman (who I don't have a name for).

Add in your Millenium falcon, a couple of greedo figures and you've got docking bay 94 minus horrible CGI Jabba. Or you could treat the original jabba as just one more henchman and use your saga deluxe jabba. Either way it's a neat idea. At least to me. And yeah it's four new figures but I'm sure there could be some kitbashing. I've just always liked the looks of those docking bay thugs. Be nice if they could see their way to making Mosep too. As he's supposed to be jabba's accountant. and we do see him a couple of times around Mos Eisley. And with the comic based figures coming next year Mosep as Jabba's stand in from the comic adaptation would be perfect.

You have to have Han in the multi-pack for the stupid reason that allegedly multi-packs don't sell if there's no main character despite cinema scenes containing aliens only doing pretty well. and single carded aliens doing pretty well too. but hey. those who always know better than anyone else say it must have a core character to sell so there he is. And as None of those characters are likely to seel that well on their own it made sense to bundle them all together. I would have put Mosep in the set instead of Han if I had the say so. And it would make a great exclusive.

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 04:44 PM
There's a question in the Vote for Hasbro Questions thread, #20 this week, it says:
Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?I'd like to see them do this too as he has a place in Star Wars lore. It could use some more votes at this point though.

As for the Bearded Burly Henchman, I don't think we need a Hagrid in Star Wars figure. ;)

Banthaholic
07-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Ever since seeing this scene on one of those extra VHS tapes (names forgotten at the moment), I thought it's be nice to have any of these characters. The Human Jabba would be an awesome thing for collectors, and for others would make a good background charcter for diorama builders.

Rogue II
07-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Maybe I'll vote for that question next week, but I get the feeling the answer will be:

Interesting suggestion, Steve. That's not something that is in our plans for the near future.

Banthaholic
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I went and watched this cut scene with the Human Jabba, and now I really want one.

Jargo
07-07-2006, 07:29 AM
I knew someone would make the Hagrid remark.

How about leave him out and put Mosep in instead? Jabba, Mosep, Boelo, Gela Yeens and Han. toss in some accessories like blasters obviously and some cargo crates from round the edges of the docking bay. Then instead of doing it like the saga multi-packs, do it in a window box with a printed background of the Falcon in the docking bay. And arrange them from left to right as Gela yeens, Han, Jabba, Boelo, Mosep.

or, Jabba, Gela Yeens and Boelo in a tri-pack like the clone wars droids, clonetroopers and jedi and then have Mosep single carded.

Hell just shove 'em in a bag and put a sticker on the front and it'd do for me. I don't really care how they arrive coz i rip them free and display loose anyway. all this elaborate packaging is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. especially all the blister packaging. shove the figures in a bag attached to a white card with a single colour logo on the top.

it is after all the toy inside the packaging we're all buying right? or are some people more interested in buying printed cardbacks and the figure is secondary?

jedi master sal
07-08-2006, 11:52 PM
There's even a back story to the Jabba stand-in. Apparently he DID stnad in from time to time. Especially for those who don't know what Hutts are.

It's one of the "Tales of" books.

Jargo
07-30-2006, 01:43 PM
with all this hullabaloo about making concept art into figures I would think that the characters of Mosep, original human Jabba and Gela Yeens would be high on the list.

before jabba was jabba, he was called Montross. And early designs that became the costume worn by the guy identified now as Gela yeens were the original jabba design. Boelo with the pointy hat just looks so odd and shifty he'd have to be a Jabba cohort. I suppose I could live without that big hairy dude but for the fact he appears in the cantina at the end of the bar opposite Kitik Keed'Kak. Which for me ties up the point of how does Jabba know Han fried Greedo so quickly. so on that basis I say include him.