PDA

View Full Version : Original SWAF boxes - windows/glue...

SWAFMAN
07-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Mentioned this to VT and he suggested posting here, as he doesn't collect boxed items or really much Action Fleet...

"Don't know if anyone else has had the glue around the plastic windows of the older [Star Wars Action Fleet] boxes start to deteriorate, causing the windows to not be well sealed? Maybe it is something with the heating system we have in our place?"

Also, if the glue deteriorating is a natural phenomenon, not due to poor climate control in my house, would this impact the grade of the boxed item from a collectibility standpoint? If it is natural, then I'd consider the deterioration to not be counted against the item, as it would be akin to the "patina" on the finishes of antiques. It would simply confirm that the item is of a certain age.

Ok, so am I reaching too far here to try to rationalize that there is no negative impact to the declining condition of my boxed SWAF?

britcit3
07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey SWAF

Moving house in about 4 weeks, so will be retrieving my collection from the attic (ALL boxed).

Will let you know what state mine are in then.

Take care

BC3

Slicker
07-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I can do the same SWAF (I totally can't believe that I never got the "SWAF" name. I suck). I'll be going home at the beginning of August and I've gotta check out all of my stuff to see how it's doin. I've got it in a storage garage that goes through all of the seasons of Michigan so I'm rather worried about everything.

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I just checked my green no-logo A-wing boxed and the numbered first edition A-wing boxed that I got from GSJ, the numbered A-wing has no flaws while the green one has a few areas where it bowed in at the edge, but I think they were always there.

In any event, it affects the grade no matter if it's nature's fault or your own, a yellow stormtrooper is a yellow stormtrooper whether it's from your grandma's cigarettes or being kept in a perfectly-controlled vault.

britcit3
07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey JT

I notice that GSJ has gone AWOL again - any news?

BC3

Slicker
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey JT

I notice that GSJ has gone AWOL again - any news?

BC3I just checked and GSJ's last post was exactly one year ago today. July 6, 2005.

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
No news in a year, unfortunately. I hope he's ok, and that he's able to find his way back to our community.