PDA

View Full Version : New Target Exclusive Packaged Unleashed

SirSteve
07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Take a look at the newly designed package for the Unleashed line that will be a target exclusive.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=135

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, i'm not really impressed by these. They kinda remind me of the Epic Force line (or whatever it was called) back in the day.

El Chuxter
07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Is this going to be the new packaging design for all of them, or just these exclusives?

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, you mean Epic Force, they were carded but the bubbles were big and canister-shaped.

All the Unleashed 7" right now will be rehashes and will be in these canisters.

Darth Jax
07-06-2006, 07:39 PM
it'll make storage of them even more of a problem, but will solve the problems of bent corners on the cards. i like the my toys packaged on cards when possible though.

masterjedi
07-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know the release date? I like the packaging. Although it is bad for storage, it is nice for display.

Turbowars
07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Fett collectors should be happy, but it sure would be nice to see some effort put into them again one of these days. Hasbro is digging the unleashed line grave even deeper. These things will also take a lot of room on the shelves and it will deter other SW items from seeing the light of day. They do look nice though, but I will pass until they are new figures.

Kidhuman
07-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I will be getting the Fett asd I missed him the first time around. Already have the Greivous and I am not getting variants.

masterjedi
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I will be getting the Fett asd I missed him the first time around. Already have the Greivous and I am not getting variants.

Ditto! Same scenario for me.

figrin bran
07-06-2006, 10:39 PM
i'm definitely getting the Fett as an opener. even though i open pretty much everything, i could never bring myself to open my unleashed - the artwork on the cards is just so awesome!

bobafrett
07-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I have both the Fett and Grevious both loose and carded. I don't think the packaging variant will be enough to entice me into purchasing it, not to mention I have all my carded Unleashed on the wall.

Kidhuman
07-06-2006, 11:44 PM
i'm definitely getting the Fett as an opener. even though i open pretty much everything, i could never bring myself to open my unleashed - the artwork on the cards is just so awesome!

Thats funny, because I open the unleashed and nothing else.

TheDarthVader
07-06-2006, 11:59 PM
I am going to get the Boba Fett. I already have G.G. These new packages are really cool! I like the idea of the round display a la Best Buy Vader. SWEETNESS!

JimJamBonds
07-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I picked up GG last year but I might get Frett if he isn't too expensive.

Samuel Windu
07-07-2006, 04:53 AM
I will get the Boba.Like the packing:thumbsup:

mastermatt24
07-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Already have the Greivous and I am not getting variants.
Yes! Great thinking!! Just dont you other people get me started... :whip: ;)

I do think that they do look good- just give us new stuff (however I do think that these are good to offer to people that missed them the first time around). :)

bobafrett
07-08-2006, 11:34 PM
I picked up GG last year but I might get Frett if he isn't too expensive.

Oh, I'm expensive, but well worth the price!

jedi master sal
07-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Cripes, looks like I'll be getting these too...

This is the one line I'm a completist in. I have everyone but one (yes DV unmasked). And I have each on card and loose except Jango (need carded), Maul (need carded), DV Unmasked (need both carded and loose) and first release Leia on card.

So yep, I'll be getting this version too. Hell the BestBuy DV in tubular packaging was awesome!

Totally tubular!!

-Sal

timmae
07-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I have both the Fett and Grevious both loose and carded. I don't think the packaging variant will be enough to entice me into purchasing it, not to mention I have all my carded Unleashed on the wall.already got them too, will not buy them. bring on the unmasked vader!

sith_killer_99
07-11-2006, 09:22 PM
LOL, I bet all those collectors who paid like $50.00+ for a loose Fett Unleashed on Ebay will be a little upset.

Well, I open all my large scale Unleashed (passed on the minis) so I will pass on these.

BTW, the new Han Stormtrooper is awesome! I love it!:D

I like the large scale Unleashed line, it's much better than the old Epic Force IMO. More dynamic sculpts and better detail. I was pretty disappointed when they shrunk them.

Does anyone know if they are planning on cranking out both sizes of Unleashed or did Hasbro just finally get around to shipping the Han Stormtrooper wave?

jjreason
07-12-2006, 05:34 PM
The packaging looks great, too bad they aren't including at least one new figure to get everyone excited about these again... one new figure would have likely created a desire within the "carded collecting community" to buy the whole Target run. Or maybe not.

mastermatt24
07-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Yea I think you're totally right- it wouldve goten me to buy some..

VidKidd
07-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Heres some usaful info for thos of you who are going to get these or are debating to see the price. well here you go.
These are set to be put out the last week in August and the price is either $19.89 or $19.98. I cant remember the exact one.
so for those of you wanting these i waish you good luck. As far as me, wish me good luck in getting the walmart excluaives unleashed.

plasticfetish
08-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Spotted the new Target Grievous and Boba Fett at a local store tonight. Picked up Fett (for just under $20), and I think it looks great packaged like this. Gotta get up early for work tomorrow, otherwise I'd take some photos, but here's a scan of the receipt instead. (And yes, I have no shame... I don't really care if you guys know that I also bought cat litter and Dr. Pepper.)

:D

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 02:09 AM
I dont care if you bought litter and Dr Pepper, I want to know what a deposit for 60 cents is

BountyHunterScum
08-21-2006, 02:10 PM
I already have Boba Fett from a long time ago he's been on my computer the whole time. Slave Leia is up there too. I also have the original bespin Vader unleashed up there.

Slicker
08-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I want to know what a deposit for 60 cents isI would have to assume that he bought a 6 pack. You pay $.10 per bottle/can and you get it back when you bring them back for recycling.

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Ok, I forget about that because Va doesnt have it.

Slicker
08-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Ok, I forget about that because Va doesnt have it.Yeah. It's fun going home and throwing away all of my moms cans and bottles because I totally forget about it.

El Chuxter
08-21-2006, 02:23 PM
10c a can seems rather high. :eek:

Here in CA, there's a deposit on every can or bottle. But when you take them in for recycling, they give you a considerably lesser amount based upon total weight. Stupid Arnie. :mad:

(Okay, Arnie didn't come up with it, but I have to blindly point the blame for the total of maybe as much as $6 I've been cheated out of in the past seven years on someone.)

plasticfetish
08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I would have to assume that he bought a 6 pack. You pay $.10 per bottle/can and you get it back when you bring them back for recycling.No... that's for a 12er, and you get the nickel back for each can. (Same idea. Great for trash diggers!)

Chux... you can blame Arnold. If he had any b***s, he go into the past and kill the guy that came up with the idea.

Slicker
08-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Ahh...yes. Oregon is a nickel. Same concept though.

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Chux... you can blame Arnold. If he had any b***s, he go into the past and kill the guy that came up with the idea.

No fair, he only time travels in Terminator movies.

Rocketboy
08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Only Michigan has a $.10 deposit.
Slick, you should know that...or have you been away from Michigan too long? :D

Everyone else should know that from Seinfeld.

plasticfetish
08-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Okay, here's a few photos...
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=1189

mastermatt24
08-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Good thing I already got this when it origanaly came out.. so that means its time for my automated response:
Hurray! More things I can pass on! Thanks hasblow! :love:

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Ooh, now we know the last 4 digits of PF's debit card number, only 12 more to go and we're rich! :p

$20 for these things doesn't seem too outrageous, it's a superior presentation medium and they say they're losing money on the original Unleashed price of $15. I won't spend $20 for this though.

Only Michigan has a $.10 deposit.
Slick, you should know that...or have you been away from Michigan too long? :D

Everyone else should know that from Seinfeld.It also says so on the can tops. VT, ME, NY, IA, MA, HI, OR, CT 5cents; MI 10cents; CA CRV (which is redundant since "CRV" is California Redemption Value).

10c a can seems rather high. :eek:

Here in CA, there's a deposit on every can or bottle. But when you take them in for recycling, they give you a considerably lesser amount based upon total weight. Stupid Arnie. :mad:

(Okay, Arnie didn't come up with it, but I have to blindly point the blame for the total of maybe as much as $6 I've been cheated out of in the past seven years on someone.)10 cents is meant as a deterrent to throwing away recyclable materials, it's a punishment for destroying the Earth 1 more step.

CRV is based on product weight, so when you take them in for bulk recycling they pay via average use, plus I think they take a small cut for doing your recycling job for you (they still have to sort the cans and bottles, throw out the unrecyclable materials like trash and the tops and rings of the bottles).

Arnie is to blame for everything bad though, he's an awful governor, DO SOME WORK, AUSTRIAN OAF!!! (a no-prize to the person who gets that "Austrian Oaf" reference I just made up)

plasticfetish
08-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Ooh, now we know the last 4 digits of PF's debit card number, only 12 more to go and we're rich!Yeah, you'd be a hundred-aire (maybe) if you could guess. (Only a 1 in 1000000000000 chance of guessing, so go for it. ;))

About the Fett Unleashed... this would be a one time thing for me. I only ever popped for one other Unleashed figure (Bossk), so it doesn't hurt too much to spend $20 on this one (well, maybe a little) since I meant to buy it the first time around anyway. (The only other one I wanted was IG-88, but I never saw him.)

El Chuxter
08-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I saw Grievous the other day, if anyone cares. I cannot understand their logic of trying to break these to a more "mainstream" audience by releasing pegwarmers to the same stores that clearanced them before, and at $5 more. Stupid, if you ask me.

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Ever known hasbro to make smart moves?

plasticfetish
08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I cannot understand their logic of...Yeah, I'm not sure how this idea will turn out, but they do have something going for them. The new packaging is bigger and shelved at kid eye level, so I'm seeing a lot of kids gravitating towards them. but just the same, I'm hearing the parents say, "Oh, no... that's $20, we can't get that now."

It is a good gift idea though. I can see a lot of kids getting one of these for their birthdays from other kids. (I can also see a few of these sticking around to go on clearance at some point also.)

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 02:23 PM
My kid doesnt like them because they are basically statues, so gearing them towards kids isnt goiing to help in the long run. They cant play with them. Kids dont want display pieces.

plasticfetish
08-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, ultimately I think you're right. There will be a few older kids (8-12 year olds) that will be attracted to them... but when they realize that it's not something to "play" with, they'll probably ignore them. (That was always the problem with the Unleashed line I think.)

mastermatt24
08-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Well obiviously hasbro knew this- Im sure this line was aimed at the older collector anyways (just as GH were aimed for the kids).

DarkArtist
08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Saw them, passed, nothing really grabbed my attention. They look like the Best Buy Vader packaging. I was hoping for all new versions of the unleashed as exclusives, not repacks.

JediTricks
08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
You know, I didn't really get how huge this packaging was until I saw in person the other day - what are they thinking?!? Sure, per-unit price goes up $5 but they take up probably 3 times as much shelf space as the originals and are half as durable.

K M Toydarian
09-05-2006, 05:12 AM
I've seen both of these now at a couple of Targets and really debated Boba. I thought about lighing the package for a neat display, but decided I don't have room. I wouldn't mind him open, but I have one unleashed from each movie plus Asajji (expanded universe) so I don't know if I want more than that. (Except for the 3 other clearance AOTC unleashed I got - couldn't resist). It's such a dilema as I have bought things just as expensive, let's say 3 Attactix boosters, or 2 deluxe figs, for the same price and there is a lot less product. Maybe this will spark interest and they can go back to smaller packaging and reduce the price for new sculpts. ???
And on a different note, I wish I hadn't spent so much money the last couple of years on the Wizard's Minis, as the Unleashed Battle Packs are really growing on me, with the OTC and the soon to be released jedi/clone packs.

TheDarthVader
09-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I know the package is large, but the packaging is excellent. My points...

1. you don't have to take the figure out, there is an almost 360 degree view

2. the awesome art work goes around the bubble about 1/2 of the way

3. "star wars" is on the top and the font is HUGE, it takes up 1/3 of the top

4. the only at (target symbol) sticker is pretty cool so you won't foget it's exclusive

5. while some seem to hiss and boo about the round package, I like not having to worry about bent, creased, and dinged cards and corners ;)

Darth Jax
09-05-2006, 07:25 PM
once i've seen the package, i like it. i don't have enough completist blood in me though to justify buying unleashed i already have just because the packaging is different and the storage space required would be tremendous. hasbro once again shoots themselves in the foot with a line. rather than introducing the new packaging with some new sculpts and having a wave of a repackage and new figure they release 2 repackaged figures. most collectors already have these figures so they'll gather dust on the shelves. stores won't move product so they'll end up being clearanced. the line will be looked at as a money loser and stores won't order more, even if hasbro continues to produce it.

they did the same things with the titanium ultra series. and now they're repacking figures as "collector's editions" for the titanium die-cast figures. we've only had 4 different figures in this line (in paint or metal patina options no less) and now we're getting them repackaged? i've never taken a business or marketing class yet even i can figure out this isn't the smartest way to move product off the shelves.

Kidhuman
09-05-2006, 07:49 PM
I saw them at passed. While I dont have the Fett, I cant justify a 5 dollar increase in the line, especially for packaging. I open them so the package does nothing for me

timmae
09-05-2006, 08:45 PM

4. the only at (target symbol) sticker is pretty cool so you won't foget it's exclusive

5. while some seem to hiss and boo about the round package, I like not having to worry about bent, creased, and dinged cards and corners ;)
i know, i have the original release, and do not take stuff out of packages too often. i was going to pass, but purchased a fett monday. it will look good next to my best buy vader. please hasblo make the unleashed unmasked vader!

Turbowars
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM

Yeah that's great, but I bet if you had 33 of them in these packages you would be singing another tune. If this is what it will take to keep the line going then fine, I want more Unleashed, but there's just no room for these. I think the cards of the ones before these TRASH CANS looks fantastic! The artwork is beautiful. I wish I could find Proofs of them all. I will pass on these rehashes, but I hope they do sell well. Hasbro sounds so cheap when they talk about this line, it makes me mad. They produce soooo much cap and then they pull this on one of their classier lines. Hasbro, get your fingers out each others *** and wake up. All the want to do is Rehash and rehash. The battle packs suck *** and so do most of the ships and those stupid GH figure packs. Here's Hasbro, " Hey lets get parents to buy this pack of figures that costs us next to nothing to make and just so the collectors will bite we'll throw in a new repaint rehashed figure!"

OK that's it. I sound like I hate Hasbro and they lost me on most of their offerings, but they do still makes some cool stuff that I will buy, I just wished they tailored their company to my needs. I mean come on that's not much to ask.

timmae
09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah that's great, but I bet if you had 33 of them in these packages you would be singing another tune. If this is what it will take to keep the line going then fine, I want more Unleashed, but there's just no room for these. I think the cards of the ones before these TRASH CANS looks fantastic! The artwork is beautiful. I wish I could find Proofs of them all. I will pass on these rehashes, but I hope they do sell well. Hasbro sounds so cheap when they talk about this line, it makes me mad. They produce soooo much cap and then they pull this on one of their classier lines. Hasbro, get your fingers out each others *** and wake up. All the want to do is Rehash and rehash. The battle packs suck *** and so do most of the ships and those stupid GH figure packs. Here's Hasbro, " Hey lets get parents to buy this pack of figures that costs us next to nothing to make and just so the collectors will bite we'll throw in a new repaint rehashed figure!"

OK that's it. I sound like I hate Hasbro and they lost me on most of their offerings, but they do still makes some cool stuff that I will buy, I just wished they tailored their company to my needs. I mean come on that's not much to ask.

they could never in 20 years have 33 cool ones that i would buy. this is a one of a kind buy anyway. i look at it like the potj tru at/a? thing with the ewok on the speeder, or the target slave 1 with boba packaging. i will be like erwin before i get more than 10 of these that i like. and if i do i may have a pretty phat home by then. i only get repacks of figures i really dig.

Slicker
09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Finally saw this the other day and it's friggin' ginormous!! It looks great though and it's making me think twice about picking it up.

TheDarthVader
09-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Turbo, yeah I understand the space issue. However, so far, it seems like these tube packages are going to remain exclusives. I don't see Hasbro keeping the packaging like this for future releases. I own two: BB Vader and now Target Boba Fett, and they look killer!

Slicker, better get one while you can or you may regret it later. ;)

Slicker
09-06-2006, 07:07 PM
T
Slicker, better get one while you can or you may regret it later. ;)I know!!

I've gotta wait til next week though then it's on. Exclusives a plenty'll hopefully find there way into my collection.

abell748
09-07-2006, 09:46 AM
I though a big retailer complaints about the Unleashed line was how much room they took up? I do not know where Hasbro sticks their heads at work, but these are bigger and make the problem of space at retail worse. That said, I have Boba already so I will get the Greivious. When the Walmart ones come out I'll get Luke because I don't have him either. Better then supporting ebay.

timmae
09-08-2006, 12:06 AM
kb got the bb unleashed vader in today. how about the unmasked vader hasbro?:rolleyes:

El Chuxter
09-08-2006, 04:32 AM
They were asked that at Comic-Con, and said it was high on the list. Considering it was the rarest of all, and people have been asking for a re-release for more than two years, it seemed logical to not re-release it. To Hasbro, at least. :rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
09-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I found the unmasked vader at a TRU about 1 1/2 hours from my house. That was the only time I had ever seen that vader at retail. I am glad that I was able to find him, seeing as how many people on this board missed him. If he is re-released then I would buy one more so I can open him up for display!

dindae
09-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Well if my area is any indication of how well Hasbro's revamp is going this will be the last we see of the Unleashed line. It's a shame they feel the need to push every line to all retail chains. If they would have made the line exclusive to one store like when TRU was the only one carrying it I think it could have sold well for a long time.

BountyHunterScum
09-20-2006, 03:05 PM
kb got the bb unleashed vader in today. how about the unmasked vader hasbro?:rolleyes:

I also scored the KB Unleashed Vader used to be BB exclusive. Mine has blue accent paint on the armor the rest didn't. They got them in yesterday according to the lady who works there but they sold like half since then. Luckily I found a good one.

bobafrett
09-20-2006, 11:59 PM
I finally got to see one of these the other day. I liked them.

decadentdave
09-21-2006, 12:03 AM
They can't give these away at the Targets in my area. They have Boba and Grievous galore. $20 for something I already own is pretty steep. Those "cannisters" they are in are a b*** for storage.

BountyHunterScum
09-21-2006, 04:59 PM
They can't give these away at the Targets in my area. They have Boba and Grievous galore. $20 for something I already own is pretty steep. Those "cannisters" they are in are a b*** for storage.

I already have that boba so I don't care. :yes:

abell748
09-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Both of our Targets sold out of Boba, but still has plenty of the General. I'm trying to decide when to grab him since I already have Boba from his first release and didn't get my hands on a Grievious.

JimJamBonds
09-22-2006, 12:45 PM
There was hardley any SW figs at one of my local Target stores and I don't remember seeing any Unleashed figs at all.

timmae
09-28-2006, 01:04 AM
my target today had loads of them still. i was surprise to see 2 12" saga garidans(i think from the old saga 4 years ago!). i scanned the one thinking it would come up low, and it scanned as unleashed? what could possibly be up with that?????

JediTricks
09-28-2006, 02:59 PM
My guess is that some unscrupulous collector bought the unleashed, removed their UPC stickers, attached them to older SW products, then returned them for a refund on the price of the unleashed.

InsaneJediGirl
10-17-2006, 11:27 PM
I saw the new packaging at Wal-Mart last friday (Vader and Luke). I liked them,but $20 was pricey to get another Vader. Hopefully I'll spot a few that I missed out on before.

sith_killer_99
10-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Well, if Hasbro had done the removable helmet Vader I would have been all over it, but I, along with most collectors, already have the regular Vader.:mad: