PDA

View Full Version : What movies did you see the trailers with?

2-1B
08-22-2001, 03:14 AM
I remember hearing alot about Meet Joe Black, but I saw the trailers with Wing Commander (ugh) and Star Trek Insurrection, respectively.

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 01:26 PM
Wing Commander (ugh is right!) and Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, which was way funnier than I was expecting. Wing Commander was really hard to stomach too. I sure hope Ep 2's trailers aren't attached to anything so bad.

evenflow
08-22-2001, 06:56 PM
I can't remember that for some reason, but I rememeber seeing the trailer for the Special Edition during Independence Day. I was going crazy. Totally not expecting it. :D

El Chuxter
08-22-2001, 07:24 PM
A friend of mine worked at a movie theater, so I got to see the first preview free before Rugrats: The Movie. (I left immediately after the trailer--those kids must've thought I was nuts!)

The second trailer I saw before Payback. Well, I did walk over (with the permission of the same friend) to Wing Commander, which started five minutes before Payback, to see the preview. :)

GNT
08-23-2001, 05:31 AM
I saw it on TV here in Oz on a News show called "Today Tonight" and I recorded so I'd have it forever n' ever!

So I saw it for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Starfig873
08-23-2001, 07:56 AM
I saw it on Etertainment Tonight, so I didn't have to go to the theater...although that would have been mighty fun! :)

Obi-Don
08-23-2001, 07:08 PM
I downloaded it before I saw it at the movies.I can't remember what movie it was.

BenQuad
08-23-2001, 09:11 PM
Hmmm....... it was Meet Joe Whatever.......... still not impressed. :(

Lone Jedi
08-28-2001, 02:52 AM
I saw Trailer A with The Siege and Trailer B with Wing Commander (my friend actually walked out on this one to have a smoke).

master jedi
08-28-2001, 06:20 PM
I saw Trailer A when I saw Star Trash: Insurecction (sp?).

BenQuad
08-28-2001, 07:02 PM
Let's just hope they find better movies to attach the trailer to than last time..... I really hated Meet Joe Black - I really, really did! But hey I bought a ticket and all of that.......

The One
08-28-2001, 08:28 PM
The Very Very first movie which had it as one of it's trailors was "The Seige" with Densel Washington. It was in L.A. at only 2 or 3 movie theaters a week or two before it was released nationwide, after I believe it was in front of "Meet Joe Black" and a couple others. I just remember everyone leaveing when it was over and coming back when the movie was finished cause they played it again. In the theater there were lots of Lucas Film and Fox Studio's people there who were there for the preview and to see the response from the crowd, which was documented in the newspapers, L.A. Times, Dailey News, etc....

Lone Jedi
08-30-2001, 12:38 AM
Wow, no one mentioned The Waterboy. Good, cuz I cannot stand Adam Sandler.

JediTricks
08-30-2001, 12:46 PM
The Waterboy! That's the film I saw the 2nd trailer with, not Deuce Bigalow! I found both films similar in humor and surprisingly more entertaining than I expected. Thanks Lone Jedi for reminding me.

2-1B
08-31-2001, 02:47 AM
I love Deuce bigalow! I'm a Sandler fan too, but I actually rate the Waterboy toward the bottom of his films.

Oh yeah, TPM trailers . . .

I was kinda bummed because the trailer showed Qui-Gon's intro of Obi-Wan and Anakin, and I guess I was expecting more interaction between those two.

And while I'm at it, the scene of the fog with soon-to-be-emerging kaadus was a poor trailer shot because it got me excited for a "darker" sequence when it was anything but !

JediTricks
08-31-2001, 11:14 AM
Caesar, you TOTALLY hit it on the head for that trailer (at least for me), those 2 scenes totally sucked because they weren't what they should have been. I mean, what kind of introduction was that?
"Obi-Wan Kenobi, meet Anakin Skywalker"
"Uh, hey, how's it going?"
"Pretty good, you?"
"Not bad. So...."
"Um... yup."
"Yup."
;)

2-1B
08-31-2001, 01:56 PM
"You're a Jedi too ? ? ? PLEASED to meet ya!"

(insert awkward handshake here)

2-1B
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Especially since Obers called him "another pathetic life form" before even meeting Lil Anners...then he had to put on a nice face when he met the lad.

Slicker
02-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Hello in their!!! *echos back*hello in their...hello in their...

Wow! That's a pretty deep hole! Good diggin', boy!!!

General_Grievous
03-16-2007, 06:18 PM
This ain't going back in the pile yet...

For TPM, I remember seeing the first trailer with the Rugrats Movie. I don't remember seeing the second trailer in theaters.

For AOTC, I think I saw three of the trailers in theaters. I saw the "Breathing" trailer with Monsters Inc, the "Forbidden Love" trailer with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and the "Clone War" trailer with Ice Age.

For ROTS, I saw the first trailer with The Incredibles and the second one with Robots.

Those were some fun times, and in the case of Rugrats, Ice Age, and Robots, I liked the trailers better than the feature presentation. :p

DarkArtist
03-18-2007, 09:20 AM
i saw all the trailors on either the internet or on TV

Bel-Cam Jos
03-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I saw NO trailers in the theater. :mad: Whenever I heard that a certain film was supposed to have a SW trailer (for TPM or ATOC or ROTS), my showing just "happened" to not show it. When I asked, the hell-pful employees would say something like "oh, some of our reels didn't have it," or "no, that was LAST week's showings." :upset:

I did see most of them on TV show promos, though. BTW, how can you see a trailer "on the Internet?" Computers only have SW-related forum posting sites, with typed words and still photos, right? :rolleyes: