PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett Premium Format figure coming!!! (Preview Photo!)

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 10:19 PM
CLICK HERE! (http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1661&affiliate=1)

Hoooooollllllly crap! Fans are going to go ape over this sucker! This preview photo could not have been any better, it shows off the right details without giving away the farm.

I love how they show the armor panels separated, thin, and perfect. The weathering paint looks outstanding, and the multi-layer outfit is spot-on. And the gauntlets, hands, and gun look to be quite right. I can't wait to see the whole thing, I may never actually buy one but even knowing it'll exist makes me a little giddy.

SirSteve
07-06-2006, 10:32 PM
VERY NICE INDEED! This one is going to to hurt the old wallet!

If you are going to order it, please don't forget to show your support and order it through SSG! :)

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 10:39 PM
$300 to $350 isn't all that high really considering they offer Flexpay. If I had a more steady income and somewhere to display a 1/4-scale PF figure, I'd totally get this one (and Vader, but I totally missed the boat there). Then again, I don't have $300 so it's easy for me to talk without action. ;)

Blue2th
07-06-2006, 11:01 PM
As SS said it's gonna hurt the old wallet. So far I've only been able to spring for the last two 1/4 SW villans ouch! Not gonna pass on Boba Fett! Must have!How do you order it through SSG? When it is anounced, click on the link through here?

BlueSnags
07-07-2006, 12:52 AM
If they offer the Flexpay deal, I'll probably end up getting a Boba. The preview picture looks pretty damn sweet.

Just got my notification that PF Leia is getting ready to ship...my wallet hurts...

figrin bran
07-07-2006, 02:01 AM
i used to collect everything of boba fett...it looks nothing short of phenomenal but the pricetag...hmm...if i eat only cup of noodles for the next 2 months maybe...

Samuel Windu
07-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Holy crap!!!Must get for sure:yes:

Wonder what is the exclusives piece:bandit:

Sharpy
07-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Hopefully he will feature the same sort of electronic gadgetry as the Vader one did.... let me see... light up chest plate, antenna stalk lights and backpack beacon light shouldn't be too much to hope for...

AmanaMatt
07-07-2006, 08:29 AM
VERY NICE INDEED! This one is going to to hurt the old wallet!

If you are going to order it, please don't forget to show your support and order it through SSG! :)

Ok, being slow today....how do we order it that way? For the exclusive, is it not just through SS direct?

I totally agree that this will rock. I just bought a house, which will make me poor in a way I was not before, but I will still own this one somehow!

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Exclusive piece should be working whip-cord and flame-thrower! :D

Seriously though, maybe it'd be asking too much but they could do ESB-themed guantlets, backpack, and weapon.

Sharpy
07-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Exclusive piece should be working whip-cord and flame-thrower! :D

Seriously though, maybe it'd be asking too much but they could do ESB-themed guantlets, backpack, and weapon.

I was just going to suggest interchangeable gauntlets and backpack... didn't think about weapon... then you can decide which version you want to display today..

Agent23
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Looks really good so far. But, I am not gonna buy it. I will wait for the 12" version.

:thumbsup:

Hellboy
07-08-2006, 02:48 AM
I've been expecting this piece for a while now and even though I was hoping for the ESB version I won't complain because this looks amazing. The colors of the ROTJ costume really pop and the details are very impressive. I can safely say this is a must buy for me. :whip:

Hopefully this won't be a tough one to get as I'm sure it will be the most popular statue in the line to date. I'm not sure if Sideshow is planning on including their Premium Format Figure line in their "Inclusive" program but if they were to ever do it this would be the piece.

In a perfect world the Exclusive would be a Carbonite Han Solo but I'd be happy with the ESB accessories you mentioned JT.

Reefer Shark
07-08-2006, 03:05 AM
I was just wondering if they will try the inclusive deal with Boba as well HB. Hopefully they will. I didn't take me long to make my decision to get this guy. I know he'll look awesome next to Vader!

I've already started prepping my wife for the purchase :lipsrsealed:. Flexpay will be the way to go!

Hellboy
07-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Yeah the Flexpay option is nice. I might have to go that route too since I just pre-ordered the GG Republic Commando statue which will probably be out a month or two before this.

I honestly don't think Sideshow will offer this as an Inclusive because of the price point but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I just may have to take the day off from work to insure I get my order in. :crazed:

BlueSnags
07-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I've already started prepping my wife for the purchase :lipsrsealed:. Flexpay will be the way to go!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Hopefully this won't be a tough one to get as I'm sure it will be the most popular statue in the line to date. I'm not sure if Sideshow is planning on including their Premium Format Figure line in their "Inclusive" program but if they were to ever do it this would be the piece. That is an excellent point, they really need to do this "inclusive" style. I know the Premiums don't move as fast as the 12" but this is Boba freakin' Fett!

In a perfect world the Exclusive would be a Carbonite Han Solo but I'd be happy with the ESB accessories you mentioned JT.Wow, you win the "dreamer of the year" award with that one, that would be the all-time coolest exclusive accessory... of course, it'd also be the most infuriating for those who couldn't get it. ;)

Jayspawn
07-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Damn!

I wasnt planning on buying another Premium Format (at least this year). But that may change -and I'm a sucker for awesome Boba Fett collectibles too. :razz:

Hellboy
07-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Well Boba just went up for pre-order at Sideshow Collectibles (http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1661&affiliate=1). No word on this being in the "Inclusive" program so you better get your pre-order in quick if you want one of these as I'm guessing they won't last long.

I'm not to impressed with the Exclusive and they definitely need to do something about the leaning forward pose but otherwise its perfect.

Reefer Shark
07-13-2006, 11:20 PM
edit post: I just said what HB said - just a minute or two behind!

Got my pre-order in! The exclusive accessory is lame... but the figure looks great!

Hellboy
07-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Nice Reefer! :thumbsup:

False Alarm!! After looking at the pictures closer it appears that the leaning forward pose is the result an angled photograph. He appears to be standing upright in the other pictures and looks spot-on. :pleased:

Blue2th
07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Well Boba just went up for pre-order at Sideshow Collectibles (http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1661&affiliate=1).
Thanks Hellboy. I signed up for the newsletter, but didn't get any news of this! What's up with that? I went right over from your link and got one on Flexpay. :yes:

jjreason
07-13-2006, 11:59 PM
It's amazing. I love the ROTJ armor coloring, I think that was a good choice.

These Prestige Format jobbies are all electronic/battery powered, are they not? What do you think Fett will do when he's "plugged in"?

Hellboy
07-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks Hellboy. I signed up for the newsletter, but didn't get any news of this! What's up with that? I went right over from your link and got one on Flexpay. :yes:

No problem Blue2th glad you got one. :)

For the record I didn't get any notification either I've just been checking the site regularly and figured there was a good chance it was going to go up tonight.

If you aren't getting the SS Newsletter you might want to adjust your spam filter (if you're using one) to allow messages from Sideshow. They release their Newsletter on Thursday nights so you can always sign in on their site and read it that way too. Thats what I do since I usually don't receive my email until Friday for some reason.

Hellboy
07-14-2006, 12:07 AM
These Prestige Format jobbies are all electronic/battery powered, are they not? What do you think Fett will do when he's "plugged in"?

Actually only Vader and Obi-Wan have light-up features. Luke, Han, Grievous, Leia, Luke & Yoda and now Boba don't have any electronics. It would have been nice to have Grievous' Lightsabers illuminate but considering the construction of the piece it probably would have been impossible.

AmanaMatt
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Fett looks great. In the 360 angle, he looks good and has articulated head too! Nice....as for that exclusive: holy cow, that SUCKS big time!

Sharpy
07-14-2006, 04:44 AM
I've signed up to the newsletter and I don't have any spam filter on my email. The last newsletter sent was on the 8th which just had the preview... very odd. If it wasn't for this forum I might have missed out on this piece! Oh well, my order is placed so Boba is MINE!

Blue2th
07-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Fett looks great. In the 360 angle, he looks good and has articulated head too! Nice....as for that exclusive: holy cow, that SUCKS big time!
I agree it does suck. What else could they have done except ESB acsessories or Carbonite Block as HB mentioned? A cut in half rifle? I think I would rather have a Boba Fett lunchbox or something.lol

BlueSnags
07-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Ordered mine last night. :thumbsup:

Sharpy
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I agree it does suck. What else could they have done except ESB acsessories or Carbonite Block as HB mentioned? A cut in half rifle? I think I would rather have a Boba Fett lunchbox or something.lol

Well that would be better than the wall-plate we're getting here. At least it could have been something relating to Fett... Vader got a mousedroid, grievous got a cape. The exclusive should be something that could be used with the figure, not a hub-cap with a logo on it to put up on the wall....

Darth Instigator
07-14-2006, 12:48 PM
looks good wish I had $350 to drop on it

ds6161
07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
yea I got lucky too just browsing SW stuff & found a link to it Thur night..

got the newsletter Friday afternoon...

woulda been ****ed if I missed this one...

the wall plaque SUCKS!!!

Darth Instigator
07-14-2006, 01:19 PM
how does this flexpay work? I read their description but if I order today will it charge me today? Or will it reserve then charge on Dec 20th 2006 - $108?

It reads this;

* Shipping costs and any applicable taxes or duties are charged in addition to your last payment.

but I dont know if it means now or then. Also will this get me an exclusive version?

JON9000
07-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Geez you guys are loaded! :jealous:

Blue2th
07-14-2006, 04:33 PM
how does this flexpay work? I read their description but if I order today will it charge me today? Or will it reserve then charge on Dec 20th 2006 - $108?

It reads this;

* Shipping costs and any applicable taxes or duties are charged in addition to your last payment.

but I dont know if it means now or then. Also will this get me an exclusive version?
They don't charge you till the first date mentioned. Yes you can get the Exclusive "plate" That's how I got mine. This is the first time I've used Flexpay, and I've got alot of SS stuf on order.

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 06:25 PM
No problem Blue2th glad you got one. :)

For the record I didn't get any notification either I've just been checking the site regularly and figured there was a good chance it was going to go up tonight.

If you aren't getting the SS Newsletter you might want to adjust your spam filter (if you're using one) to allow messages from Sideshow. They release their Newsletter on Thursday nights so you can always sign in on their site and read it that way too. Thats what I do since I usually don't receive my email until Friday for some reason.The newsletter comes from 5 different addresses, yet last time I checked Sideshow had only mentioned 4 for customers to add to their white list - and the reason there's 4 is because I pointed out before that they listed 3 when there was a 4th email address in play... so naturally they updated their list right before they added a 5th address. :p

as for that exclusive: holy cow, that SUCKS big time!Wow, yeah, no kidding, that's the lamest exclusive I've seen Sideshow ever do. Luckily the figure itself looks awesome. I like how the helmet goes in a little at the bottom rather than just being flat like how everybody else does it.

I agree it does suck. What else could they have done except ESB acsessories or Carbonite Block as HB mentioned? A cut in half rifle? I think I would rather have a Boba Fett lunchbox or something.lolWell, I suggested his ESB gauntlets, rocketpack, and blaster, ANY of that would have kicked this wall thing's ***.

dr_evazan22
07-16-2006, 10:14 AM
I ordered one on Fri. And, I think I might be the only one that thinks the wall plaque is cool. I'm already thinking about ways to present this PF fig with my Code 3 Slave 1, Riddell mini helmet, and getting the plaque in there too!

I'm lovin' it!

edit: added link for photo
Slave 1 and mini helemt (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3005.jpg)

Blue2th
07-16-2006, 12:27 PM
I've got one of those Riddell mini Boba Fett helmets too. That's how I'm going to display my Boba. Bought a special black display cabinet for my SS Premium Vader, and I have the Riddell helmet for that also sighned by David Prowse. Maybe one day SS will make a Premium Stormtrooper to go with the Riddell helmet huh? Would like to get a code 3 Slave one and Vader Advanced, but can't spring for them just yet. All that displayed with some Master Replica pieces would be awsome. I wish Master Replicas would start making mini helmets of the same quality as the Riddells.

JediTricks
07-16-2006, 03:19 PM
I ordered one on Fri. And, I think I might be the only one that thinks the wall plaque is cool. I'm already thinking about ways to present this PF fig with my Code 3 Slave 1, Riddell mini helmet, and getting the plaque in there too!

I'm lovin' it!

edit: added link for photo
Slave 1 and mini helemt (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3005.jpg)
Daaang, your collection is gonna look so badass when you have preimum Boba Fett next to those, please take pics and show us. I have that Riddell mini-helmet, it's awesome, but I couldn't afford the Code 3 ship (as much as I wanted it, I have to eat and keep a roof over my head ;)).

Blue2th, I remember someone, Gentle Giant or MR or Sideshow, talking about doing 1/6th-scale mini-helmets from Star Wars last year, but I guess Tomy beat them to the punch and they never materialized.

Blue2th
07-16-2006, 05:41 PM
I saw those Tomy helmets, but never in person. They looked more toy-like than the Riddells. I was hoping one of those superior collectible companies like Sideshow would pick up where Riddell left off, even doing the insides. I'm not sure of the scale of those 1/2 or 1/3 scale?..... Maybe one of you guys invited to the MR party can ask about em? Though probably more expensive, I'm sure they would be a hit.....sorry getting off Boba topic here.

JediTricks
07-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Tomy's don't look that good to me either, they are significantly smaller of course but it's also the workmanship, they look "good" but not really "top notch" like they should.

The Riddells are, I believe, .45 scale, just under 1/2.

Blue2th
07-16-2006, 06:23 PM
As far as I can remember (maybe I'm wrong) they were the first replica type items offered to the general public. More for adult collectors. Probably inspiring companies like MR. Now we have Attakus, Master Replicas, Sideshow, Code 3 and Gentle Giant. Star Wars collecting has grown up and gotten more expensive too.

dr_evazan22
07-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Daaang, your collection is gonna look so badass when you have preimum Boba Fett next to those, please take pics and show us. I have that Riddell mini-helmet, it's awesome, but I couldn't afford the Code 3 ship (as much as I wanted it, I have to eat and keep a roof over my head ;)).

Blue2th, I remember someone, Gentle Giant or MR or Sideshow, talking about doing 1/6th-scale mini-helmets from Star Wars last year, but I guess Tomy beat them to the punch and they never materialized.

Thanks... I'll be sure to take some pics.

Yeah, that was gonna be the GG Armory Collection. I was really looking forward to that. There were some on display at C3.

Blue2th
07-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Gentle Giant huh? In 1/6 scale? I'm sure they would have been nice. Wonder if there is a photo archive somewhere? Maybe they will produce them sometime.............. Hey you need to get the full size MR Boba helmet and the MR rifle. Then of course you'll need some kind of Mission Impossible security system.lol Eventually I will have to get those items myself to complete the ultimate Boba Fett display.

dr_evazan22
07-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh! Did I forget to mention that I do have the ROTJ Boba blaster on order? Or that I want to upgrade it to a signature edition? My bad.

As for a photo archive... Check to see if there are photo's from the '05 NY Toy Fair, or possibly from the C3.

Armory Vault (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=1769)... Only has 4 photo's in it. Looks like Luke's X-wing helemt and a generic X-wing helmet. You might need to go back to TF '04.

Alrighty, took a little longer as I've never really looked around too much.
NY Toy Fair 2004 (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=1107) 22 pics on 2 pages.

Jayspawn
07-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I was just checkingout Sideshow's more detailed photos on their site -dont think I'm going to be able to pass this one up. I'm a sucker for awesome Boba Fett Collectibles and this about tops em all!

dr_evazan22
11-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I heard about some people getting notices about the 12" Maul. Then, this past week, I noticed 2 overdrafts on one of my bank accts. I called about it tonight and found out it was SS, placing an initial hold.

I hadn't rec'd any emails from SS so I checked my acct status there. And for some reason it shows the Prem BF as shipping soon, even though the product page says 2nd quarter '07 (Dag Luke is due in Jan).

Oh - then SS never actually placed the charge. Will have to call them tomorrow to figure out what's going on.

ds6161
11-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Dr. e..
I've recieved 2 dif e-mails pushing Boba back to about March-May (I forget)
they will do 3 seperate CC charges 1 each month leading up to it...
the 1st e-mail said
Jan 1st charge
Feb 2nd charge
Mar 3rd charge
then Boba would ship end of March...

the 2nd e-mail said they needed to do quality control like MR did with the clone helmets & it would be delayed to April or May...

most of this is from memory but you get the idea...

PS this better ROCK for $300...

Jayspawn
11-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm checking my accounts today for charges. Didnt think Boba would ship to at least Jan/Feb.

dr_evazan22
11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
I had called SS a day or two after last post... They said that somehting else entirely had come in, that there was a clerical error on their part transposing numbers. They said they had already sent a message to my bank about the non-charges. They confirmed that Boba is still on for 2nd quarter.