PDA

View Full Version : Will the next Sideshow 12" be from the Scum and Villainy line?

Darth Cruel
07-06-2006, 10:36 PM
The Scum and Villainy Line is being introduced...but there is absolute word yet that the next figure will be from that line. However...the other three lines were introduced with a figure so I am thinking so. And if Boba Fett is getting the premium format treatment...I wonder which figure this will be.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1665&source=070606news

The lasdt line (in red) of this page says it will be!

And here is a thought...the write-up on The Scum and Villainy line talks about the Huts! Wouldn't a 12" Jabba the Hutt done by Sideshow be cool? I will get them at any price!

Battle Droid
07-06-2006, 11:32 PM
12" Nute Gunray!:yes:

BlueSnags
07-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I think the next figure will either be Jango Fett or Greedo.

Darth Cruel
07-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I think the next figure will either be Jango Fett or Greedo.

Those are two of my guesses...but I am not ruling out Boba Fett. They have said they would release characters in multiple formats at the same time and the did it to Maul. But Dengar or Bossk, or IG-88...hell, ANY figure would be great to me!

maatu
07-07-2006, 11:10 PM
i agree.
as i would love to see them make jabba the hutt. that would be expensive. But frickin alsome. i think it's going to be greedo or jango fett. But jabba the hutt. i would porbably just have cow man. i think every collectorof the 12 inch line would be shocked by it. what a stunner if it would happen. is this the last figure for the year then?

Darth Cruel
07-07-2006, 11:23 PM
i agree.
as i would love to see them make jabba the hutt. that would be expensive. But frickin alsome. i think it's going to be greedo or jango fett. But jabba the hutt. i would porbably just have cow man. i think every collectorof the 12 inch line would be shocked by it. what a stunner if it would happen. is this the last figure for the year then?

I told my wife that if they do a Jabba the Hutt, it would be about 2 or 3 feet long and cost about 500.00...she sais I could have the two i would want anyway...I Love her.

Reefer Shark
07-08-2006, 12:10 AM
I told my wife that if they do a Jabba the Hutt, it would be about 2 or 3 feet long and cost about 500.00...she sais I could have the two i would want anyway...I Love her.

All wives should think like that. Could you have your wife call my wife and give her some pointers? :yes:

I hope the figure is going to be Greedo since Hasbro F'd him up so bad. I know this sounds selfish, but since I have the Marmit Boba Fett, Sideshow can take their sweet time with him as far as I'm concerned.

Samuel Windu
07-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Greedo is the first,I guess!!!

JediTricks
07-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I hate to be like this, but if they do Greedo I won't buy him, I just don't want to spend $50 on the character, he's not important enough to me. I'm not a completist though, I didn't buy Kit or regular Anakin.

Darth Cruel
07-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I hate to be like this, but if they do Greedo I won't buy him, I just don't want to spend $50 on the character, he's not important enough to me. I'm not a completist though, I didn't buy Kit or regular Anakin.

I have been thinking about this. Qui-Gon took over a week to sell out (wasn't it two weeks?) and he was a much more popular character than Greedo (who...truthfully...is a weak charcter) so maybe Sideshow should think of making a smaller edition size of him...IF and WHEN they do him. I am not hoping that he will be the first S&V figure. I am hoping for...Dr. Evazan!

JediTricks
07-08-2006, 04:19 PM
I have been thinking about this. Qui-Gon took over a week to sell out (wasn't it two weeks?) and he was a much more popular character than Greedo (who...truthfully...is a weak charcter) so maybe Sideshow should think of making a smaller edition size of him...IF and WHEN they do him. I am not hoping that he will be the first S&V figure. I am hoping for...Dr. Evazan!Actually, it took QGJ a whole month to sell out: http://www.swcollecting.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=329
(I had the hardest time finding the thread about this thread until I realized it happened on SWC and not SSG. :p) A MONTH!!! Holy crap! Regular Kit Fisto took about 2 weeks to sell through. This doesn't bode well for poor Greedo, should Sideshow actually decide to do him. They'd definitely need a smaller edition size for that.

Evazan, there's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I'd buy him either though at $50, maybe not even at half that, there are certain characters I'll only buy small-scale.

Blue2th
07-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Scum and Villany. It's gotta be Boba Fett first. Of course the timing has to be right so he doesn't interfere with the 1/4 version. Like that would matter with such a popular character. It would be cool to see IG-88 with some die-cast parts. Kinda like SS did the 1/4 scale T-1000.

JediTricks
07-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Scum and Villany. It's gotta be Boba Fett first. Of course the timing has to be right so he doesn't interfere with the 1/4 version. Like that would matter with such a popular character. It would be cool to see IG-88 with some die-cast parts. Kinda like SS did the 1/4 scale T-1000. I can't see them opening with Boba Fett for that very reason you mentioned, they're releasing the Premium Format version and it'll interefere.

Do we need another 12" IG-88, or 12" Bossk, Zuckuss, or 4-LOM for that matter? I think Hasbro did the Bounty Hunters pretty well, except for Jango, Boba, and Dengar.

Blue2th
07-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I am confused by the title. It is the very thing Ben says to Luke as they are looking over the city (Mos Isley is it?) So it sounds like it will be Cantina characters...ho-hum. Though there are many Villains to do outside of that. I'd like to see a better Jango as you say. I hope they at least make a removable helmet. Whereas I don't think I would want a Boba that way. I think the ultimate villain in 1/6 scale would be Grievous. I thought I read somewhere SS would never do him in that scale.

Darth Cruel
07-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I am confused by the title. It is the very thing Ben says to Luke as they are looking over the city (Mos Isley is it?) So it sounds like it will be Cantina characters...ho-hum. Though there are many Villains to do outside of that. I'd like to see a better Jango as you say. I hope they at least make a removable helmet. Whereas I don't think I would want a Boba that way. I think the ultimate villain in 1/6 scale would be Grievous. I thought I read somewhere SS would never do him in that scale.

Grievous would be in the military line. And Sideshow didn't say they would never make him...they just said they couldn't yet. But after seeing the PF Grievous and the detail on the 1/6 Anakin's mechanical arm...I bet that can't just means it would take so much that the figure would cost way to much. And Scum and Villainy opens up a huge section of figures...pretty much everything from Jawas to Aurra Sing to Boba Fett...

There is a classification that has not been given any consideration yet...they may never get made...but if the line were to last long enough...Wilrow Hood and other "Joe Average" characters would need a new classification. Maybe "Denizens of the Galaxy" or something like that but a little less silly.

Edit - Of course, at the rate the lines are moving...it will be 25 - 50 years before Wilrow Hood gets made (thank goodness). And that would go for Yarna Dal'Gargan as well (thank GOD).

maatu
07-08-2006, 09:55 PM
reading all the post i think it will be dr ezaan or how ever you spell it. with exclusive ponda boba's severed arm.

El Chuxter
07-08-2006, 11:17 PM
I would totally be first to get a 12" Evazan. Or any decent-looking Evazan at any size, since Hasbro seems incapable of getting him right.

Darth Cruel
07-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I would be all over the good Doctor myself. I also had a thought about Boba Fett...think of how many accessories he would have.

Hellboy
07-09-2006, 12:09 PM
My guess as to who will be released first is Garindan but Greedo would be the safest choice considering he is seen on the announcement page.

I'd love to see a Leia in Boushh Disguise and Zuckuss produced at some point too.

Darth Cruel
07-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I certainly wouldn't discount Leia Boushh either...as there was a blurb from a quote a month or so ago about the helmet for a particular figure that was giving Sideshow a tough time. And if the spaces that were used to represent that character were accurate, the name of this character would have fit. And in my head...that particular guise would fit in either Heroes of the Rebellion, OR Scum and Villiany.

jjreason
07-13-2006, 05:08 PM
A Sideshow Tusken Raider 12" would be awesome, and could come with a detached 3PO arm for the exclusive. Both scum AND villainy, I might be persuaded to plunk the bucks down for a SS Tusken.

JediTricks
07-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, that'd be cool! They could include the extra outer cloak with big collar that the prequel Tuskens used, then you could have either look.

jjreason
07-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Lots of possibilities for accessories as well: gaffi stick, rangefinders, rifle....

Okay, so there's 3. That's still not bad!

maatu
07-13-2006, 09:24 PM
it was darth vader.

Darth Instigator
07-14-2006, 12:10 PM
anyone have a coupon code for sideshow I was going to order something but figured I would ask first

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 04:49 PM
There's a coupon code for $5 off your first order after you sign up for the newsletter, check your newsletter welcome message for that (if you haven't signed up for the newsletter, obviously do it now).

Darth Instigator
07-14-2006, 05:25 PM
10-4 :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
07-14-2006, 05:43 PM
I think it's "Welcome." I forgot to use it on Kit. And Qui-Gon. And Vader. But I used it on Maul, and it still worked. :)

Mr Burns
07-17-2006, 10:35 AM
I've got a feeling the first figure will be Jabba's right hand man, Bib Fortuna

I've just visited sideshows comic-con page. On the map of their show lay-out, they have a number of stands. In one and two, there is the 12 inch figures, and there are 5 empty spaces to be announced. Could this mean we will have 5 new announcements in the 12 inch figure line this week?

My guesses are Bib Fortuna, Tuskin Raider, a Leia, a Fett and maybe another Sith.

JediTricks
07-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I highly doubt they'd announce 5 more in that short span of time, my guess is they'll do 1 per month with each month left in the year.

Bib Fortuna isn't a bad guess, he's humanoid with tentacles, they've already pulled that off with Kit Fisto. From a 12" collector who's been collecting for 10 years, I wouldn't want them to do Bib Fortuna simply because Hasbro did a good one back in the day, but almost nobody got their hands on that set a decade ago anyway.

Turbowars
07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure we will see Snow Bunny Padme, Greedo, Panda, Stormtrooper/Clone and Plo Koon. We will also be able to preorder Padme there at the booth. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-18-2006, 03:10 AM
Snow Bunny Padme in the Scum and Villainy line? :D

El Chuxter
07-18-2006, 07:25 AM
She hasn't bathed in a few weeks, and she's been wearing that parka on Tatooine. Pee-yoosa!

AmanaMatt
07-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I just want to see a 12" Jabba with S.Crumb!

tagmac
07-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Bossk would be an amazing figure to do here. Ditto for Zuckuss. Personally, I hope to eventually see a Snowtrooper made. While I don't really collect these, that is one I would definitely get, along with Chewbacca if it were made. I put myself on the wait list for Bespin Han only, but I'm not holding my breath over that one.

BlueSnags
07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
I'd like to see a figure that Hasbro hasn't done yet. There's only been one so far (Kit Fisto) with one on the horizon (Snow Bunny Padme).

It's time for some never-seen-before-in-12"-scale figures.

JediTricks
07-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Bossk and Zuckuss are both figures Hasbro did *somewhat* recently, and both turned out pretty well. Smelly, unwashed Padme on the other hand... :p

So far, Sideshow hasn't done anything crazy big like Jabba, if they pull that off it'd be really surprising.

Darth Cruel
07-18-2006, 01:10 PM
I'd like to see a figure that Hasbro hasn't done yet. There's only been one so far (Kit Fisto) with one on the horizon (Snow Bunny Padme).

It's time for some never-seen-before-in-12"-scale figures.

In my head...these are so much better than Hasbro's that it is pretty much like Hasbro has never done a single 12". These are all new and unprecedented figures to me.

maatu
07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
i think sideshow will release one or two more figures. the padme and then greedo or jabba. that will close out the year.

AmanaMatt
07-18-2006, 09:06 PM
SS has been dropping huge 'hints' that Jabba may be happening, but we'll see tomorrow, I guess!

Darth Cruel
07-19-2006, 07:32 AM
SS has been dropping huge 'hints' that Jabba may be happening, but we'll see tomorrow, I guess!

What were the hints?

Edit - GREAT GOOGELY MOOGELY! If it is true that Bib Fortuna, Leia as Boushh, Jabba the Hutt, the Jabba accessory set, and the Jabba Throne are all on the way...it will be an expensive year for my Sideshow collection.

Mr Burns
07-19-2006, 04:05 PM
I've got a feeling the first figure will be Jabba's right hand man, Bib Fortuna

I've just visited sideshows comic-con page. On the map of their show lay-out, they have a number of stands. In one and two, there is the 12 inch figures, and there are 5 empty spaces to be announced. Could this mean we will have 5 new announcements in the 12 inch figure line this week?

My guesses are Bib Fortuna, Tuskin Raider, a Leia, a Fett and maybe another Sith.So the first Scum will be Bib Fortuna?
Please get me space, as I wollow in my own self-excellence.
You boys need any more info about anything, you only need to ask!

P.S. please excuse my arrogance, but this is the first time I've ever been right about anything in my entire life!!

Darth Cruel
07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Sideshow's website has Bib ordering a week from Friday (July 28th), Leia is ordering Aug 4th, and Jabba is an inclusive on...JUNE 21st? Of next year? I hope it is a typo.

Turbowars
07-19-2006, 07:55 PM
The order date on Jabba makes no sense. Why give us a date if it's for next year. The site even says 2008 that's 2 years away.

Slicker
07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
WOW!! These are great offerings. I may have to actually order my first one with Leia. I'm a sucker for the Boushh disguise.

Turbowars
07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
They fixed it. It's July 21st now. I have been waiting for a 12" Jabba for a very long time. The price is great. Remember Hasbro's Dewback was 80 bucks and that thing sucks! Hasbro better straighten up and come up with something to keep me collecting, because GG and SSC have my full attention.

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Wow, I totally nailed it, absolutely wrong on every level! :p

I think Sideshow is out of their minds, even if these ship months apart, having the preorders so close together will scare potential buyers off.

This is going to be a really hard decision for me, I am almost certain I don't have the display space or finances to do this. My guess is we're looking at around $300 in preorders.

Turbowars
07-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Oh come on JT, I'm sure Steve is paying you well.

OK so SSC got the month right now, but they still have the date wrong. The 21st is Friday and they say Jabba will go on sale Thursday. I guess it doesn't matter to much since it's a inclusive order. I'm still wondering what the domestic exclusive is. I guess it mean exclusive to the US.

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh come on JT, I'm sure Steve is paying you well.AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Paying me, that's funny. No, nobody pays me anything to clean up after the monkeys in this zoo.

So my guestimate of $300 is out the window, they're taking preorders AT the convention, $459!!! Jabba is 119, the creatures 35, dais 195, Leia is 55, and Bib 55.

AmanaMatt
07-19-2006, 11:31 PM
What were the hints?

Edit - GREAT GOOGELY MOOGELY! If it is true that Bib Fortuna, Leia as Boushh, Jabba the Hutt, the Jabba accessory set, and the Jabba Throne are all on the way...it will be an expensive year for my Sideshow collection.

Sorry I did not respond - I am working crazy long hours these days. Do any of you visit Sideshow Collectors.com? It is a cool forum (too) and the Sideshow folks often go there - that is where the 'hints' came from!

jjreason
07-20-2006, 01:31 PM
No "need" to buy the 2 extra figures, JT. The Jabba, Throne and creature pack is right around the number you had in mind initially - the Bib and Leia dont' have nearly the draw for me that 12" Jabba and the 1:1 Yoda bust do.

JediTricks
07-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm afraid there's little chance I'll be buying Jabba, his dais, or the creatures, I can't reasonably afford $120 for Jabba and definitely can't afford $200 for the Throne, so no reason to get the $33 creatures. I don't have the display space and $320 plus tax and shipping I'm looking at probably $400 for just that Jabba setup, and he doesn't even move anything but his arms - it looks great, but it's just not for me. The figures I can do, I am not sure how much I want them since I have the Hasbro ones which are pretty good, but I'm already leaning towards getting Boushh.

Sith Lord 0498
07-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Because the throne is made of higher-quality materials (polystone and fiberglass) and had a Flexpay option, I opted for the entire set: Jabba, the creature pack, and the throne environment. With the materials and size dimensions on it, this will be the centerpiece of my Sideshow SW collection...heck, the centerpiece of my ENTIRE collection (including other genre collectibles)!!