PDA

View Full Version : The Clonetrooper armor.

Unit-01
01-25-2002, 07:28 PM
We all notice the similarities of a Stormtrooper mixed with a Mandalorian. Right? BUT notice the fin at the top? Like a Kaminoan? I wonder. I'm not saying that is in those suits. I'm just talking about the design of the suit itself.

Jargo
01-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Possibly. Frankly I'm past caring anything about the clone army. If they're anything like the stormtroopers they'll be greatly underused and only serve to become cannon fodder. But knowing the way this film looks we'll get endless shots of them firing aimlessly at CGI thingies and beasties. Why rely on plot when you can just rely on effects and CGI characters?:o

GNT
01-25-2002, 09:02 PM
Maybe the fin thing is just to make the clone run glide through the air faster? Or just to make the suit cooler :)

Co Jo-Da
01-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Look at the TPM, the Royal Republic Guard's had Roman-styled fins but the Emperor's Royal Guard in RofJ had no fin at all. Think the CloneTroopers will evolve the same way...

Lord Tenebrous
01-25-2002, 09:52 PM
Maybe in Episode 3, we'll find out that there's a planet called Mandalore, and they make their armor in their own image.

*sigh*

chewie
01-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Yeah. There will be just about no screen time for clone troopers, I have forseen it.

At least as far as AOTC is concerned.

I would imagine EPIII will be the same way.

browndroid
01-26-2002, 03:33 PM
i agree, any armies in sw will not do crap. they will all end up dieing off with out a fight...

mabudonicus
01-28-2002, 12:48 PM
that the clonetrooper will be more or less protective than stormtrooper armour? Will the CT stuff make the wearer able to withstand stuff like glancing blasts to the gloves or boots, or thrown rocks, or sharpened sticks? I just can't figure this out. I can't imagine it being WORSE than stromtrooper stuff, that's for sure.

Fulit
01-28-2002, 04:22 PM
I'm just glad it doesn't have those little "pecs" the Stormtrooper armor has.