PDA

View Full Version : former QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 7

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 3 of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, July 14th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 6 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, vote for it again.

Round 6's vote had a 5-way tie for 2 question slots, so I selected the 2 questions that got the most votes the week before. It would have been a 6-way tie but the very last voter on round 6 pushed a question up above the fracas, had he not voted for it that question might not have gotten asked. This is why your votes matter, every single vote makes a difference as to which questions we ask Hasbro.

Don't forget, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later edit it, add it to the list, and delete the question's post to keep the thread clutter-free. Try to keep the questions as clear and concise as possible. Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=77).

Questions we're asking this week:
What's up with the female action figures? Some of the most collectible figures have been Padmes and Leias, yet it seems like Hasbro's policy is that there's no demand for female action figures such as other Padme outfits, AOTC Beru, Yarna d'al Gargan, Toryn Farr, etc.. Why is that? Might previous problems be the case assortments those figures were in?
Could troop builder figures be made available (indefinitely if possible) on Hasbro Toy Shop after they're taken out of regular circulation?
The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?
ESB vehicles - are there any plans to make a new Rebel Transport ship from Hoth? What about a Bespin Cloud Car?
Will there be a 5th wave of Star Tours figures?
In light of the recent Lucas Family boxset, has there been any consideration given to making other production crew movie cameo figures like Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt from the end sequence on Naboo in The Phantom Menace?Current questions (vote for up to 3):
- Could we get older creatures like the Bantha, Rancor, etc. re-released, and perhaps a US release of the Eopie Creature from the Episode I line which was only released in non-US countries?
- Could we get a re-release of the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
- Will the 501st Clonetrooper using the Super Articulated body ever be made available on a basic card?
- What is the status of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features?
- What is the status of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
- What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?

- Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
- I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- Are more properties aside from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and Transformers planned for the 3" vehicle and 6" Ultra Titanium lines?
- On the local level Hasbro gets only raw info on which items are selling at major retailers, but not specific trends such as what percentage are kids, collectors, hoarders, scalpers; nor why some figures sell poorly (is it a poor figure or the case ratio). Would Hasbro consider hiring collectors as area representatives for the Star Wars line?
- Will there be more Original Trilogy based 3 3/4" figure battlepacks?
- What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?
- With the recent announced conclusion of the 2006 The Saga Collection, does this also mean the end of the "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and/or a new packaging design for the 2007 series?
- With each figure having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- Which version of the Jedi Starfighter will be offered in the Titanium Series Ultra 6" Vehicle line, the Episode 2 or Episode 3 version?
- What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
- Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
- Any chance of getting a Nute Gunray with robes and miter from Episode 2 and 3?
- Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections?
- What's the chance of re-releasing older, harder-to-find figures (such as the Sio Bibble wave, the Admiral Motti wave, etc.)?
- Is there any way that Hasbro Toy Shop could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new product on that site.
- If a figure made the top 25 of the Fan Choice Poll, does that give the figure more of a chance to be made?
- What are the chances of seeing more "battle-damaged" human characters (such as Qui-Gon, Shmi, and Owen & Beru Lars)? Are they considered too gruesome for release?
- In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke and Obi-Wan figures?
- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Why were there only 5 Vintage-style figures this year, and why was Empire Strikes Back left out of the line-up when there are such candidates as Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, the Hoth incarnations of Han, Luke, & Leia, and even ESB style Boba Fett waiting to be made?
- Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- Removable lightsaber blades so Jedi figures could have saber accessories that were "on" or "off" and could be worn on their belts was a good concept, but this made the blades more fragile. Are there any plans to release Jedi figures - both main characters and secondary - with both solid one piece ignited lightsaber and "off" lightsaber hilt accessories?
- What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- Will Hasbro ever produce a figure of the Imperial Trooper in space at the Death Star trench's guns watching as the Millennium Falcon is being tractored into the Death Star? This is different from the Expanded Universe Spacetrooper.
- What are the chances of Hasbro producing a Millennium Falcon vehicle that's actually in-scale (1/18th) with the action figures? If not, what about at least an all-new, larger Falcon with more interior play areas?
- Are you planning on releasing any new Neimoidian figures in 2007?
- With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?
- Will the Republic Gunship turret from the 2002 Saga line's Clone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot ever make a comeback? Will there be a version more in scale with the figures?
- Zizzle has released a 2.5-foot-long Black Pearl pirate ship for their Pirates of the Carribean 4" figure line for around $50. In light of this, why hasn't Hasbro done Jabba's Sailbarge yet, especially when Star Wars is the more popular brand?
- What is the selection process for characters to be made into figures, and what is the best way for fans to increase the chances of the release for a certain figure?
- Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.
- Are you planning on releasing any new Separatist Leader figures in 2007?
- If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- What is with the somewhat recent practice of putting the faces of Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted troopers that we never see unmasked in the movies, especially those who likely are not clones (and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett since the DNA source was killed in Episode 2)? Vote now, and in separate posts, add new questions!

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Again, there's a lot of good questions and I could vote for a dozen easy, so it's hard to cull that down to just 3. Since I have 3 vehicle questions in that list, this week I'll make my votes vehicle-themed:

20) Chrome Naboo Fighter (this one was one of the tied questions that I ended up not asking today, and it's MY question no less :( )

32) better-scale Falcon

37) Jabba's Sail Barge

El Chuxter
07-07-2006, 04:36 PM
13 - What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?

37 - Zizzle has released a 2.5-foot-long Black Pearl pirate ship for their Pirates of the Carribean 4" figure line for around $50. In light of this, why hasn't Hasbro done Jabba's Sailbarge yet, especially when Star Wars is the more popular brand?

39 - Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.

Battle Droid
07-07-2006, 05:00 PM
3, 19, and 33.

Battle Droid
07-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Are you planning on releasing any new Separatist Leader figures in 2007?

Jargo
07-07-2006, 05:56 PM
my question:
If hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snub fighter sized.

Jargo
07-07-2006, 05:57 PM
and here are my votes:

Rogue II
07-07-2006, 06:00 PM
12) OT based 3 3/4" figure battlepacks
37) Jabba's Sail Barge
38) Selection process for characters

Kidhuman
07-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Only one vote for me now and that is 37. I

will add my other two later on so I dont have to change anything if new questions arise.

JediTricks
07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Questions 40-41 added.

Jargo
07-08-2006, 09:31 AM
can I change my vote for number 37 to a vote for number 41 please? being a bear of little brain I forgot to wait and vote for my own question. Thank you.

El Chuxter
07-08-2006, 07:46 PM
JT, I'd like to axe #13 from my list of questions and pose a new one inspired by the pics of the Death Star Gunner. And this one can't be a "wait until next week" question.

What is with the sudden, rather ridiculous obsession with putting the faces of Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted figures we never see unmasked, who likely are not clones, and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett?

Feel free to edit it to make it more civil, if you must.

Battle Droid
07-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Temuera Morrison is Jango Fett...

El Chuxter
07-08-2006, 08:43 PM
My point is, every single helmeted character is not a clone. And those that are at the time of the OT are not clones of Jango Fett.

Tycho
07-09-2006, 03:12 PM
37. - Zizzle has released a 2.5-foot-long Black Pearl pirate ship for their Pirates of the Carribean 4" figure line for around $50. In light of this, why hasn't Hasbro done Jabba's Sailbarge yet, especially when Star Wars is the more popular brand?

1. - Could we get older creatures like the Bantha, Rancor, etc. re-released, and perhaps a US release of the Eopie Creature from the Episode I line which was only released in non-US countries?

* An excellent 4 or 5 pack idea with the Eopie, Obi-Wan and baby Luke, young Beru, young Owen, and moisture vaporator!

41. If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.*

Well they're still smaller than snub fighters, however:

Anakin's airpspeeder from ROTS
Obi-Wan's airspeeder from ROTS
the Gian Speeder of the Naboo from TPM
the Lars family landspeeder from ANH
repaints of any of the speeders for great Corsucant or Mos Eisley traffic add-ins
the Rickshaw droid and buggy from AOTC (if that counts)

- there's probably more.
I changed my vote for a large-sized Falcon that I usually support this time because I'd rather have new vehicles over one I already have some version of.

Slicker
07-09-2006, 03:14 PM
I'll vote for

And if Chux' question gets proposed I'll vote for that as well.

JediTricks
07-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Question 42 added.

Slicker, I've counted your 3rd vote for Chux's new question (#42) as your post mentioned.

2-1B
07-09-2006, 05:24 PM
20) for JT, since his question got shut out on the tie and for his efforts in doing this - my McCallum question is being asked, yay ! :grin: :grin: :grin:

37) for Chux, first for voting for my McC question last time and also for getting Teek on the docket

1) for Slick, for voting McC last time and especially for being such a huge AOTC fan like I am.

Now that McCallum and Double B are being asked, I've no vested interest in most of the other questions so I'll be voting quid pro quo from now on. :D

Turbowars
07-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Whats happening with last Friday's questions? Are they on hold, or being thrown out? Since Hasbro isn't answering them, shouldn't we just wait until SDCC is over to continue?

Kidhuman
07-09-2006, 06:29 PM
They are answering double this week Turbo.

JediTricks
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Turbo, Hasbro is doing double-answers next week, the questions asked on the 30th and on the 7th are getting answered together, so 6 questions per outlet instead of just 3.

Turbowars
07-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh great, so we get more unanswered questions. Why don't we ask them after the Con?

pegger
07-09-2006, 08:11 PM
My first vote - for #38...

Most of the others seem obvious (answer will be: wait till comic con!)

Darth Jax
07-09-2006, 08:46 PM
10, 17, and 32

JediTricks
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Any question they answer "SDCC" to and then don't answer at SDCC we'll ask them to respond to separately from our regular questions, they might not like it but we'll try. We're going to ask everything though as risking 2 more weeks without questions just because they MIGHT not answer some of them really doesn't make sense - we're already in that boat every week, they might not answer anything whether it gets an "SDCC" answer or not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2006, 07:05 PM
21, 24, and 25; I'll keep pimping my own questions until they get answered. :D

Banthaholic
07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
18. Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland

30. - What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?

37 Zizzle has released a 2.5-foot-long Black Pearl pirate ship for their Pirates of the Carribean 4" figure line for around $50. In light of this, why hasn't Hasbro done Jabba's Sailbarge yet, especially when Star Wars is the more popular brand?

Kidhuman
07-12-2006, 01:01 AM
New Question:

With the results announced of the toyfare poll, what are your plans to with the rest of the figures on the list?

JediTricks
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
New Question:

With the results announced of the toyfare poll, what are your plans to with the rest of the figures on the list? Isn't that a bit similar to question 23? LMK how it's different (or if it should be incorporated) so I can use it properly.

Kidhuman
07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Isn't that a bit similar to question 23? LMK how it's different (or if it should be incorporated) so I can use it properly.

Basically the same, must have missed it when I read through it.

My other two choices(first was 37) are 23 and 1

JediTricks
07-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Ok, cool. I've counted your other votes.

What's funny to me is that by looking back on the previous 6 rounds, you can see how fast these questions are moving up the list, we generally always have around 40-50 questions and yet from round 2, the last question #39 is now our question #11.

Blue2th
07-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I vote: Question #1, specifically for the Eopie. Easy to do in a Battle Pack. Question #28, that's an excellent idea! Clone Wars stuff is still hot. Question #31, a Space Trooper! Now I'm gonna have to watch ANH again, but hey if he's in the film and he's a Trooper, he needs to be made.

doch18
07-13-2006, 09:50 AM
How about:

Dark Marble
07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I vote for #'s 1, 32, and 37. :yes:

Devo
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Hmm, don't think I voted in this round so:

Tycho
07-14-2006, 03:42 PM
JT, are you going to cut the voting off here and use these Q&A's for next week because Hasbro made us fall behind or what?

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 03:52 PM
If you haven't heard, Hasbro's not going to be taking our questions today or for the next couple of weeks while SDCC is going on. So what I'm considering doing is keep taking votes on this thread for the next few weeks -- or alternately -- start a "round 7.5" where I kick the highest-voted questions this week right to the top of the order, cull out the poll options answered by other sites today, and give everybody 6 votes on that thread.

(Nicely-timed Tycho :D)

JediTricks
07-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Well, I think we definitely are going to have to do a new voting thread, question #1 got a lot of votes this week (for the first time, I might add) and Hasbro answered something very similar to it with another site:

SWcollector.com: Are there any plans to make any beasts available again like the Dewback, Tauntaun, Rancor, or Bantha; either newly-sculpted versions or re-releases of previous versions?

Hasbro:We're looking at beasts as an '07 possibility, more-so as exclusives, but there are no specific plans right now.

So that seems like it kills that question, and thus all those votes will do it no good. I will try to put something together tomorrow, though I guess at this point there's no freakin' rush.

Blue2th
07-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Rephrase the question or make another, and ask them specifically about the Eopie then please JT? The majority of U.S. collectors never got one.

Turbowars
07-15-2006, 09:32 AM
though I guess at this point there's no freakin' rush.

or point:yes:

dindae
07-15-2006, 11:23 AM
I say compile every question we have that hasn't been asnswered or answered sufficiently and hammer them at SDCC.

Tycho
07-15-2006, 01:17 PM
For those going, we can all meet each other and attend the Hasbro Q&A segment together. What's an hour (11:30-12:30) to you shop-a-holics anyway? (probably money saved, haha). Anyway, it's in ROOM 2 at 11:30 - that'll be upstairs Lasers and Gamorreans.

I suggest JT compile a list of all the Q's not answered yet, and then assign each of us going who's posted in the Comic Con 2006 thread (in the Conventions forum) - a question to ask Hasbro so we get everything answered. The Eopie and Sailbarge are definitely high priorities.

Steve will be there personally and he will probably record all the Q's and A's verbatum. I'm going to take notes and help back him up. I myself wouldn't mind if this column actually had barely any further use because we asked Hasbro everything we could, live and personal. (though JT does a great job and it makes for exciting reading).

JediTricks
07-15-2006, 01:29 PM
or point:yes: If there's no point Turbo, why do you care what the rest of us do with our time on this? Why do you keep posting in these threads? I do this because I want to and because I see the slim rewards for my efforts, this stuff ain't easy, but I know why I'm here, I see what the point is in regards to me. (BTW, your "or point" comment took me 4 passes to finally understand, it was too obtuse :p)

Blue2th, you make a good point, but I bet anything they'll just give the exact same answer as that one. Still, I guess I can put it up and let folks vote on it.

Hasbro claims they're gonna answer our already-submitted questions, I'd hate to waste the audience Q&A time on something that they're going to answer anyway. On the other hand, they may not answer it, or they may answer it with garbage when they finally do. SSG and AF together have 9 questions submitted but not yet answered:

- Will Hasbro be doing more 3-figure, movie-accurate diorama Cinema Scenes/Screen Scenes sets?
- What are the chances of seeing some or all of the A New Hope holochess pieces done as action figures?
- Will we ever see a Moisture Vaporator in toy form?
- What's up with the female action figures? Some of the most collectible figures have been Padmes and Leias, yet it seems like Hasbro's policy is that there's no demand for female action figures such as other Padme outfits, AOTC Beru, Yarna d'al Gargan, Toryn Farr, etc.. Why is that? Might previous problems be the case assortments those figures were in?
- Could troop builder figures be made available (indefinitely if possible) on Hasbro Toy Shop after they're taken out of regular circulation?
- The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?
- ESB vehicles - are there any plans to make a new Rebel Transport ship from Hoth? What about a Bespin Cloud Car?
- Will there be a 5th wave of Star Tours figures?
- In light of the recent Lucas Family boxset, has there been any consideration given to making other production crew movie cameo figures like Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt from the end sequence on Naboo in The Phantom Menace? Now Hasbro may never answer them or may give non-answers, but they could just as easily do the same at the live Q&A, for me only the Troop Builder question I think is worth taking to them live.

Turbowars
07-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm trying to knock some sense into you guys. :hurt: I guess you like answers, we can not answer that at this time.:thumbsup: JT, you are doing a great job putting it together, but at the same time I see no point, as long as Hasbro acts like our Government. I believe I'm allowed to disagree with whats happening here right? Yeah, that's what I thought.

JediTricks
07-15-2006, 03:16 PM
You are, but after a certain point it just comes off as troll activity, an annoying background noise at best. And just because you are wholly unsatified with the answers doesn't mean we all are. For example, questions they've actually answered for me:
Q: You mentioned "new" vehicles in your 2007 STARFIGHTER lineup, does this mean all those new vehicles are going to be starfighters, or is that just the name of the assortment, perhaps just denoting a size/pricepoint? I know you mentioned you cannot reveal the vehicles at this time, but can you shed some light on if this assortment will include ground vehicles such as Tanks, Sail barges or Walkers?
A: That's just the name of the Assortment, at the $19.99 SRP price point. We won't have the details on the new vehicles until the beginning of 2007.
Now, while they didn't answer what all is in it, they did answer part of the question, we now know it's a pricepoint.
--
Q: With so many high-demand characters with speaking roles in the movies that have not yet been made (such as Tey How, Tagge, Ask Aak, Jocasta Nu, Lando in Smuggler's Gear, Queen Jamilla), why do you produce new sculpts, not just re-releases of existing sculpts, for minor characters who were done adequately in the past and who have five seconds or less of screen time (eg, Hammerhead, Garindan, Bossk, Dengar)?
A: The selection of figures for a wave or the year is always a balancing act to keep the widest possible fan (kid and collector) traction in the brand. In many cases the characters you listed as being re-released are more popular than the ones you suggested for new figures overall. While we do like many of the figures you mentioned, and some or all will probably see the light of day over the next few years, the fact is that Cantina aliens and Bounty Hunters are very high-demand segments of the Star Wars figure world. They stand out among others for their strong iconic nature and important role in taking us to a galaxy far, far away in Episodes IV and V.

We may not love the answer, but we get a better look into their thinking, their sad, sad thinking.
--
Q: Does Lucasfilm have the rights to the likeness for the Tonnika Sisters (ANH cantina patrons), and if so is there plans to create figures?
A: Thanks for the question, but that's not something we can comment on right now.
That's an unusual answer from them, it doesn't tell us what we want to know but it's weird that it's not their regular brush-off.
--
Q: Are there any plans for any of the unmade Padme/Amidala figures from the prequels in the foreseeable future? If so, which ones?
A: Yes. We can't provide an exact timetable, but we will occassionally be releasing Padme figures in the future.
Question asked, and while the answer doesn't delve into specifics, it answers the initial question.
--
Q: Is there a possibility of bringing back the 3 3/4" Deluxe figure line?
A: Not right now. It's possible that we may bring back the line when the animated series is released in a few years.
Again, don't like the outcome, but they DID answer the question.
--
Q: What are the chances of seeing Vintage-Style figures for prequels characters?
A: Right now, there are a lot of OTC characters yet to be done in Vintage. In the future, if the series continues, we'll look at doing prequel figures in Vintage style after we have covered off more of the key vintage Kenner figures.

The answer isn't specific enough, but it's more knowledge than when we started.
--
Q: Will there ever be the curved Cantina bar end piece, and if so, when will it be made available and what will it come with? A: Yes. The specifics on when it will be available aren't ready for announcement yet.
Question answered with a positive result.
--
Q: Why does Hasbro not want to discuss specifics in regards to possible upcoming products when Hasbro has no competition for making Star Wars action figures?
A: Excellent question. We manage the flow of information for a variety of business reasons. One advantage to the plan is that we always have upcoming news and collectors don't get bored. When the public knows the line too far in advance, there's a tendency for items new to the shelf to seem old if the line list has been out there for months (case in point last Toy Fair, when our line list was well-known, and the criticism was that there was "no new news.").
A Hasbro policy we've all wondered about is now explained.
--
Q: Are there more new Vintage-Style figures coming, and if so, when can we expect them?
A: Not in 2006, but we're looking at what opportunities might exist for expanding the Vintage figure assortment in 2007.
Vague but answered.

This question was about the rumors floating around concerning the belief that there was a 2nd wave of VTSC, it answered them.
--
Q: Will we be seeing more figures from the Expanded Universe, especially characters beyond just clonetrooper repaints?
A: Yes. There are great characters in the Expanded Universe and we plan to include some of these in 2007. Stay tuned!

Asked just before all this hooplah about EU figures came up, so it turned out pretty well I think.
--
Q: Have you considered new playset ideas, especially modular playsets so collectors can build larger playsets from smaller sets?
A: A scaling playset is a great idea. There has been a lot of discussion internally on whether this could be successful in today's market. However, we continue to see diminished demand for playsets. If we ever see the landscape changing, it's something we could take a look at in the future.
So while we don't like the result, the answer is informative.
--
What is the status of the Star Wars Transformers line, will there be more sets, and if so, when and what next? If no, why not?
It's too early to reveal details, but yes, SW TF will continue into 2007 with new vehicles.
An actual answer.
--
Why did Hasbro suspend the 7" Unleashed line popular with fans and use the brand name for a line of Unleashed Battle Packs 2" micro-statues?
The Unleashed 7" line had fallen off in sales and did not justify the amount of work and expense that producing those figures required. The decision was made to put that scale on hiatus while the 2" line was being drawn up. Because of the nature of the 2" figures (pre-posed in a variety of aggressive poses), it made sense to use the brand on the smaller scale, indicative of the posing, not the scale.
Don't like the result, but a real explanation.
--
How does Hasbro cope with lines such as Unleashed Battle Packs, Star Wars Custom Choppers, etc., which fans believe from the outset won't work, and then the lines fail as suspected?
Popularity of any lines among core collectors is not necessarily an indication for the success or failure of any line. When launching a new line, we take into account the total consumer audience. These lines were intended for the consumer market beyond the core fan base. For example, Custom Choppers was developed for kids new to the line -- and they're the ones who are buying it. And, it was always planned as 2006 line only. Unleashed also has a dedicated following, although the main purchasers are not those who collect the 3.75" figures. Unleashed will continue into 2007, with additional movie themes on tap. More details will be announced at Comic-Con.
Hasbro-think is now better explained.

--
Will there be any new Star Wars Titanium Series 3" vehicle sculpts that have not already been prototyped? (i.e. AT-TE, Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter, etc.) What about Ep I Die Casts that were never released?
Without going into specifics, there will be new sculpts.
Not the most informative, but confirmation of new stuff is better than none.
--
Will we ever get a Spirit of Anakin figure based on Hayden Christensen as seen in the Original Trilogy DVD release?
"Not at this time."
A definitive answer.
--
Will there be more Evolutions figure sets?
"In a movie year, Evolutions was a way for us to include figures with premium articulation in our line. This year, we're doing more of this style figure in the basic assortment, so we did not see the need for a separate line."
Another definitive answer, explaining the "why not" part no less.
--

To me, that doesn't look like a waste of my time, nor that of anybody who voted for those questions. You may want Hasbro to bend to our will, but of course that's not a reasonable expectation. If I thought it wasn't panning out, I wouldn't have wasted the last 20 minutes making this post. :p

Turbowars
07-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for telling me my opinion is Troll like and just background noise. :thumbsup: Oh and yeah you just did waste 20 minutes recapping Hasbro BS.

Tycho
07-15-2006, 03:47 PM
JediTricks makes an impressive case and obviously put a lot of hard effort into answering Turbowars criticism. Turbo seems so angry that I'm prepared to "tuck and duck" at Hasbro's prsentation at Comic Con just in case Turbo starts shooting.

Then again, I'm a bit on the Dark Side, too.

I particularly want to make an issue with all the rest of you because of this:

Q: With so many high-demand characters with speaking roles in the movies that have not yet been made (such as Tey How, Tagge, Ask Aak, Jocasta Nu, Lando in Smuggler's Gear, Queen Jamilla), why do you produce new sculpts, not just re-releases of existing sculpts, for minor characters who were done adequately in the past and who have five seconds or less of screen time (eg, Hammerhead, Garindan, Bossk, Dengar)?

A: The selection of figures for a wave or the year is always a balancing act to keep the widest possible fan (kid and collector) traction in the brand. In many cases the characters you listed as being re-released are more popular than the ones you suggested for new figures overall. While we do like many of the figures you mentioned, and some or all will probably see the light of day over the next few years, the fact is that Cantina aliens and Bounty Hunters are very high-demand segments of the Star Wars figure world. They stand out among others for their strong iconic nature and important role in taking us to a galaxy far, far away in Episodes IV and V.

JT and others might disagree with it, but there are about 20-25 Star Wars characters that are the staple of the line. Luke Skywalker is "Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Captain Jack Sparrow, whomever." If kids can't get him, they are not going to be enthusiastic about creating the "Adventures of Lushros Dofine" and his epic battle against a hologram of Ki-Adi Mundi. The Heroes and Villains cases make a lot of sense to keep them circulating:

1. Luke
2. Han
3. Leia
4. Chewie
5. Obi-Wan (at some age)
6. R2D2
7. C-3PO
8. Darth Vader
9. Qui-Gon Jinn
10. Padme Amidala
11. Darth Maul
12. JarJar Binks
13. Count Dooku
14. Jango Fett
15. Boba Fett
16. Anakin Skywalker (at some age)
17. General Grievous
18. A TF Droid
19. A Clone
20. A Rebel
21. an Imperial Trooper
22. A droid
23. A cantina alien
24. A Jabba denizen
25. A senator, podracer, Geonosian, Kaminoan, Naboo, etc.

As long as these characters are readily available, Hasbro can make Tonnika Sisters or resculpt Malakali, run the gambit on the EU or Ralph McQuarrie concept figures.

But a Comissioner Gordon figure would NEVER sell unless a kid could buy Joker and Batman. For Star Wars, it is Luke, Obi-Wan, or Vader, a Trooper, etc.

Turbowars
07-15-2006, 05:41 PM
JediTricks makes an impressive case and obviously put a lot of hard effort into answering Turbowars criticism. Turbo seems so angry that I'm prepared to "tuck and duck" at Hasbro's prsentation at Comic Con just in case Turbo starts shooting.

Then again, I'm a bit on the Dark Side, too.

I'm not angry, but yeah you might want to take some precautions on Friday.:twisted: The funny thing is this isn't about us. It's about Hasbro beating around the bush and I don't like it. Wait, did you hear that? It sounded like another Troll in the background.:cross-eye

Jangu Fett
07-15-2006, 08:53 PM
4,5, and 10

JediTricks
07-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks for telling me my opinion is Troll like and just background noise. :thumbsup: Oh and yeah you just did waste 20 minutes recapping Hasbro BS.Your opinion isn't troll-like, your constant posting about it is. For someone who feels we're wasting our time, you sure are wasting a lot of time telling us so.

JT and others might disagree with it, but there are about 20-25 Star Wars characters that are the staple of the line. Luke Skywalker is "Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Captain Jack Sparrow, whomever." If kids can't get him, they are not going to be enthusiastic about creating the "Adventures of Lushros Dofine" and his epic battle against a hologram of Ki-Adi Mundi. The Heroes and Villains cases make a lot of sense to keep them circulating:

1. Luke
2. Han
3. Leia
4. Chewie
5. Obi-Wan (at some age)
6. R2D2
7. C-3PO
8. Darth Vader
9. Qui-Gon Jinn
10. Padme Amidala
11. Darth Maul
12. JarJar Binks
13. Count Dooku
14. Jango Fett
15. Boba Fett
16. Anakin Skywalker (at some age)
17. General Grievous
18. A TF Droid
19. A Clone
20. A Rebel
21. an Imperial Trooper
22. A droid
23. A cantina alien
24. A Jabba denizen
25. A senator, podracer, Geonosian, Kaminoan, Naboo, etc.

As long as these characters are readily available, Hasbro can make Tonnika Sisters or resculpt Malakali, run the gambit on the EU or Ralph McQuarrie concept figures.

But a Comissioner Gordon figure would NEVER sell unless a kid could buy Joker and Batman. For Star Wars, it is Luke, Obi-Wan, or Vader, a Trooper, etc. Here's what I'd disagree with: 1) I don't think kids are looking for Qui-Gon figures, they don't sell well because he was only in 1 movie. I don't think kids care about Padme because she was only an action hero in a little bit of Ep 1 and 2. Jar Jar hasn't sold well in 7 years. As much as I like Dooku, he doesn't sell too well either. Battle Droids don't sell that well, but the regular one is the closest to popularity (the Super BD is awful and should have its colors and limbs completely redesigned, the latest Droidekas haven't sold that well either). The rest seems about right.

2) Hasbro's "Heroes & Villains" and other greatest hits cases are not the answer, they're simply a way for Hasbro to keep using those non-selling ROTS molds again even though some stores are still pegwarming the same figures in trashed ROTS packaging, here's what I mean:
Vader ROTS#11 - good figure, decent gimmick, there was a lot of this at the end of the line, but worth having on shelves probably.
Anakin ROTS#2 - bad figure, poor likeness and giant diaper due to action gimmick, not the best Anakin in the line.
Yoda #3 - "meh" figure with crappy accessories.
Bacara #49 - "meh" figure due to lame paint and bad articulation, barely in the movie.
Clone Trooper #41 - good figure, worth rereleasing.
Black Clone Pilot #34 - ok figure with cool but not-in-the-movie paintjob, I can think of reasons to have this on shelves but in white it's a former pegwarmer.
Chewie #5 - "meh" figure with bad gimmick, paint, and articulation, barely in the movie, not the best Chewie to have out, former pegwarmer too.
Obi-Wan Jedi Kick #27 - awful gimmick that almost never works and kills a lot of the articulation, dubious figure that has no job ever being on shelves again.
Grievous Exploding #36 - awful figure, gimmick that nobody likes, bad paint job, why why why?
Monkey-arms Mace #10 - weird facial expression, sculpt hampered by weird gimmick, a poor seller originally and still.
R2-D2 #7 - gimmick ruins this R2, he's not movie-accurate, his gimmick doesn't exactly make sense, he had pegwarming tendencies.
Destroyer Droid #44 - was a rerelease of a lesser rehash of a superior figure, this one's ugly action gimmick and weird neck situation make it a non-starter, plus why is it in the line when they're barely in the movie?To me, that's a crappy ROTS assortment, it's not what anybody's looking for. They had a chance to impress by releasing the finest molds in the line, but instead went completely the other way. Jedi Pilot Obi-Wan, take the R4-G9 and paint it like R2-D2, take the Evolutions Anakin and re-release him (or at least take the Anakin Slashing #28 and give him a hero paintjob and a second, hood-up cloak), 3PO, Dooku, big bad Grievous #9 who is the right height and color, stuff like that, the best versions possible.

They need certain core elements, you're right, but as long as Hasbro tries to moneygrab crappy molds rather than use the best they can, it's going to mean that the whole line suffers.

JediTricks
07-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok, voting is closed in this thread now, I've set up the new thread with the new "vote for 6" rule, and the top 3 vote-receivers from this poll got kicked to poll slots 1-3: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32088

All deleted questions posts in this thread will be restored.

Tycho
07-16-2006, 08:09 PM
You should close this thread JT. Did you forget?

Kidhuman
07-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Done............................

JediTricks
07-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Actually, I intentionally left it open since there was a discussion going on. But I can see why you'd not want to leave it open, in case people get the wrong idea and try to vote here instead of the new thread.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32088