PDA

View Full Version : Color Republic Commando Maquette...

BlueSnags
07-07-2006, 06:58 PM
is at StarWarsShop.com (http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-1467700-10363300) right now. Only 500 pieces. Just bought one...SWEET:bandit:

figrin bran
07-07-2006, 10:49 PM
man, snags you must make some serious dough!

between this and the 1:4 fett, i want both of them but don't have the money for both, let alone one.

Reefer Shark
07-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I noticed that today too, it does look awesome! I bet that guy that painted the bronze one is kicking himself right now lol!

1/4 Fett is killing me. Only seeing a little piece of it and I already know I'm gonna want one. Soooo much money though......

BlueSnags
07-08-2006, 02:19 AM

between this and the 1:4 fett, i want both of them but don't have the money for both, let alone one.

Come on, FB - you gotta get 'em both. Just think - The Commando doesn't ship until November - almost 6 months away. And the PF Fett probably won't be out until Dec/Jan, plus you can select the "Flexpay" option and pay a little at a time. :whip:

Hellboy
07-08-2006, 02:25 AM
I wasn't impressed with the look of the Bronze piece but I did like the sculpture so I ordered me one of these. Yeah it's spendy but given the low production run I'm sure I could sell it for at least what I paid for if I ever needed to.

BlueSnags
07-08-2006, 02:32 AM
I wasn't impressed with the look of the Bronze piece but I did like the sculpture so I ordered me one of these. Yeah it's spendy but given the low production run I'm sure I could sell it for at least what I paid for if I ever needed to.

Same here. The bronze piece did nothing for me. The color version, on the other hand, kicks ***. At 500 pieces, you can't go wrong.

mastermatt24
07-08-2006, 03:40 AM
Maybe its just me, but I think this thing looks like junk- looks like someone took a sharpie and a box of crayons and went at it. I will definitly not be getting this. :thumbsup:

Samuel Windu
07-08-2006, 04:57 AM

Same here.I want both and finally decided to save money for PF Boba;)

Turbowars
07-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Maybe its just me, but I think this thing looks like junk- looks like someone took a sharpie and a box of crayons and went at it. I will definitly not be getting this. :thumbsup:It's called a prototype and crap@ss photography. When it comes to GG they don't screw up paint apps, so I have no worries.

BlueSnags
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
It's called a prototype and crap@ss photography. When it comes to GG they don't screw up paint apps, so I have no worries.

100% correct. This is Gentle Giant we're talking about. Not Hasbro.:thumbsup:

The finished version will look KICKASS. Take my word for it.

Val Da Car
07-08-2006, 07:08 PM
100% correct. This is Gentle Giant we're talking about. Not Hasbro.:thumbsup:

The finished version will look KICKASS. Take my word for it.

This will be my first GG Statue and I so LOOKING Forward to getting it.

Otherwise the Only GG stuff I have is the Ep 3 Bust ups (which I do like) but the GG stuff commands some nice coin compared to buying the Hasbro 3 3/4 figures and occassional MR Mini saber.

But I am a HUGE RC fan and look forward to it.

I have crossed over to the darkside on this one...oh well at least it ships in Nov.

Reefer Shark
07-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Is it really Gentle Giant that's producing this? I seem to remember with the bronze version, it was a GG sculpt, but a different company actually produced it.

IIRC, that one didn't have the Gentle Giant logo anywhere on the box or statue. Does anyone here have one of those?

BlueSnags
07-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Is it really Gentle Giant that's producing this? I seem to remember with the bronze version, it was a GG sculpt, but a different company actually produced it.

IIRC, that one didn't have the Gentle Giant logo anywhere on the box or statue. Does anyone here have one of those?

Sounds like GG did the prototype sculpt and the paint-mastering:

http://starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20060707.html

mastermatt24
07-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, then for your wallet's sake I hope you guys are right, but if it does turn out that crappy I get to laugh big time. :D
I just thought of something- since you guys have acknowleged the fact that this is "only a prototype and the real thing is going to be better" does that prove that you think that the paint job on this one is sub par? :crazed:

Jayspawn
07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
I passed once again. I didnt like the look of the Bronze version either. Never thought it was that great.

jedi master sal
07-09-2006, 12:48 PM

Hellboy, put me at the top of the list should you ever decide to sell it. I'm a HUGE republic Commando fan and desperately want this piece.

Oh and here's a wierd (Paul McCartney kind of strange-You Beatles fans know what I mean) thing. Notice that Sev is the only one pointed in the other direction.... He was the only permanent casualty of the team... Coincidence?? I think not.

-Sal

Hellboy
07-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Hellboy, put me at the top of the list should you ever decide to sell it. I'm a HUGE republic Commando fan and desperately want this piece.

Will do Sal, sorry to hear you missed out on this. Hopefully I will never find the need to sell mine though as I am a huge fan of the Commandos myself. I can think of quite a few things in my collection that I would most likely part with (mostly toys) before I would sell this. :)

jedi master sal
07-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Understood.