PDA

View Full Version : Promotions, Ads, Hype?

Sidiously Darth
01-25-2002, 07:55 PM
When is all the hoopla going to start for Ep. II? I know there will not be as much this time around, but the trailers aren't even playing on tv yet.

I work at a tv station and we haven't received a thing regarding tv spots. What are they waiting for, May?

Just wondering.:confused:

JetsAndHeels
01-25-2002, 08:11 PM
I believe the TV spots and the outside promotions will begin in March or April. I know the premiere for the movie is set for April 16th, a month before the release. I read a report stating that we will start seeing promotions and TV spots in March.

Obi-Don
01-28-2002, 07:52 AM
Maybe GL is afraid of over doing it like they did for EPI. I think this is a mistake because the Ads made want to see it more.

GNT
02-01-2002, 10:27 PM
The promotion should start a month before its released because it would be to late if they release it in may :)

Co Jo-Da
02-12-2002, 12:30 AM
Attack of the Clones won't be hyped up very much at all, aspecially when you compare it to The Phantom Menace...

senator jar jar
02-19-2002, 07:05 PM
So are we going to see all the promotional items with pepsi, taco bell,pizza hut and kfc?Does anyone know?

Rollo Tomassi
02-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Sorry, senator. the TiriCon fiasco was such a ...well, FIASCO, that both parties decidied not to continue the agreement. TriCon (the Pepsi Co. owned fast food chains: Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell) took quite a large hit from that insipid cross promotional Feel the Force game. Tie-ins this time around will be very very low key.

No one ever takes my advice that instead of those silly cheapie toys that they offered, they should hook us up with some exclusive Hasbro figgies. I'd being eating tacos, chicken and pizza morning noon and night!!

Sidiously Darth
02-19-2002, 10:55 PM
I'm with you Rollo! I think I could stomach a few months of crap for a few action figures.:D

InsaneJediGirl
02-20-2002, 04:39 PM
Same here:D Another good idea would be to offer other promo
items gained by eating their food.

With less promotion,will there be less promo items to find,such
as stands,posters,store displays?I always enjoy haggling
with managers for their store displays.How could they say
no to this face:D :rolleyes:

Co Jo-Da
03-10-2002, 02:45 AM
Well I'm still waiting for some cool toys to buy, I'm just not impressed with what I've seen so far...