PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal?

DarthAngel
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I have a bone to pick, and I'm not really sure who I should pick this bone with. Do I pick this bone with Hasbro because while they are doing the Q & A sessions, they still like to be very secretive with their information? Or do I pick this bone with other collectors, who are also like the executives at Hasbro that stay very secretive about where they get their info from?

Yet another issue that also plagues my mind (aside from the fact that I am a horrible speller), is also with the sad few figures I find in my local store. Do I take this issue up with Hasbro? Do I take the issue up with my local retailers? Do I take this issue up with scalpers (that is of course if I happen to catch them in the act)?

Or is it just me? Am I not asking the right questions? What are even the right questions to ask?

The reason why I have stated all of the above is because here it is July of 2006, and while as an avid fan and collector of Star Wars merchandise, I find it very difficult, let alone frustrating to keep up to date with what is currently out. I find it frustrating because while I have found SOME of the figures from the Hoth, the Geonosis, and the Courascant waves; I'm still trying to get the figures that I missed from the ROTS line. It's even more frustrating because if any of my local retailers have ANYTHING left from ROTS, it is nothing past the Tarkin wave. What gives?

Yet here we are on this website, as well as a few others, talking about figures we are getting in 2007, like the galactic marine, and Elris Heridot (sp?), and yet I can't seem to get any information on a rerelease of the Imperial Shuttle, aside from the Target DCPI number...and this is supposed to be coming out sometime this year. And no matter how much I follow the trail of breadcrumbs from one website to another, no one wants to seem to divulge any info, or even how they got their info.

So I ask you...whats the deal people? Where are you all getting your info from? Why are are we staying tight-lipped like Hasbro? Why is everyone so afraid to give up their info?

Kidhuman
07-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Hasbro will be announcing alot of info over the next few weeks(SDCC) about plans for the future. So while they are being secretive, they have also said to wait until then on alot of info.

dindae
07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Anything from ROTS aside from what TRU has laying around (mainly Luminara here) is gone. They are rereleasing some in the heroes and villians lines. Hasbro is the origin of the tight lipped information. They like to make big annoucements and have us be shocked and awed by it. So they tend not to just lay it out there. Even after trusted site release information Hasbro doesn't come back and confirm it until they are ready. As far as why we are talking about 2007 is because that is the newest information that we got and from what Hasbro announce we only have 2 waves of figures left in 2006 and we have had pictures of those for a while. The imperial shuttle is a straight rerelease as far as we know so there isn't much to say about it except a release date and price (although I don't know either at the moment). As far as how these websites get their info some get it straight from the horses mouth (hasbro) and some get it from a friend or a friend of a friend that has connections and possibly could get fired if the source was divulged. Even if that was not the case all the sites you visit want to be THE place to go for news if they give up their sources its like Coke giving up their recipes.

Bacta Beast
07-09-2006, 11:23 AM
They're rereleasing the shuttle?!!!!!! What?!!!!!!! Where did you hear this? I didn't get the FAO/Kay-Bees version, too pricey.

Slicker
07-09-2006, 12:32 PM
They're rereleasing the shuttle?!!!!!! What?!!!!!!! Where did you hear this? I didn't get the FAO/Kay-Bees version, too pricey.It's a rumor right now but it's starting to circulate.

2-1B
07-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I have a loose shuttle if anyone wants it.

DarthAngel
07-09-2006, 12:48 PM
They're rereleasing the shuttle?!!!!!! What?!!!!!!! Where did you hear this? I didn't get the FAO/Kay-Bees version, too pricey.

Well Bacta, I found out this info from a few otheR Sites. Sadly though outside of the fact that it is supposed to be a Target exclusive, around the $60 price point, the DCPI, and that there is going to be 2 pack in's wit it. Anything besides that, I have no idea.

Hasbro will be announcing alot of info over the next few weeks(SDCC) about plans for the future. So while they are being secretive, they have also said to wait until then on alot of info.

I do understand what you mean Kidhuman, but sadly I remember the last time Hasbro told us they would be announcing a lot of info over the next several weeks was in the weeks leading up to CIII, and the info they released at CIII did nothing but confirm all the speculation that was floating around on different websites. That is why I just don't understand why they are being so hush hush.

As far as why we are talking about 2007 is because that is the newest information that we got.

I can appreciate that, but it just seems so odd because it's like speculation for days, and then all of the sudden BOOM a list of new things to come in 2007, and yet for some reason this information just seems to come out of left field somewhere, and it feels so unauthentic, so unofficial. Oh well.

Kidhuman
07-09-2006, 07:07 PM
I have a loose shuttle if anyone wants it.

If its free, its for me.

Jargo
07-09-2006, 07:23 PM
I have a spare MIB shuttle. well it's not spare, it's a bit big and pricey to have bought just as a spare. I'm selling it.

lovely weather we've been geting. don't you think? summer seems quite clear this year.......