PDA

View Full Version : question about Master / Paduwan inconsistency

Darth Instigator
07-10-2006, 07:31 PM
I noticed while my kids were watching the Empire Strikes Back in the van that Luke hears Obi-wan's voice while flying in his X-wing, and Obi-Wan says for him to go to Degobah and find yoda, his master or teacher (something to that affect). Was that something they couldn't fix when making the prequels, cause Qui-Gon would be his Master, no? Not Yoda.

Darth Jax
07-10-2006, 08:54 PM
it's just one of the continuity problems with the prequels and OT. however, in AOTC we see that yoda instructs groups of younglings. it's not that much of a stretch to see obi-wan as having had yoda as a teacher. as obi says, truth depends much on your point of view.

Darth Instigator
07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
ahh ok, gotcha

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
if memory serves, he says that Yoda is the Jedi Master who "instructed him" and in many ways, he did. You can see Yoda giving Obi-Wan advice in TPM, AOTC, and ROTS. Yoda was just never Obi-Wan's master.

Darth Instigator
07-10-2006, 11:58 PM
yea but the implication doesn't seem to be that deep, whereas he doesn't say my master Qui-Gon but I guess for that scene he cant very well tell Luke to go visit Qui-Gon now can he?

LusiferSam
07-11-2006, 01:15 AM
You what I think it is? A case of bad story telling, plain and simple. Make up an excuse you want for George Lucas (he's sure to have a lot to pick from at this), but think it just poor form.

2-1B
07-11-2006, 02:38 AM
There's no way that this guy isn't a troll - read the username and look at the threads he's started...trouble written all over him. lol lol lol

Darth Instigator
07-11-2006, 10:52 AM
who are you referring to?

seanmcfripp
07-11-2006, 11:34 AM
who are you referring to?

Caesar can't let go of the mystery of "Who is Slicker'sMom?"

Darth Instigator
07-11-2006, 12:08 PM
well please if you say it enough times people will start to believe it, especially since whatever you are suggesting isn't true. PM me you can call me and interrogate me if you choose but leave it off the boards.

seanmcfripp
07-11-2006, 01:12 PM
well please if you say it enough times people will start to believe it, especially since whatever you are suggesting isn't true. PM me you can call me and interrogate me if you choose but leave it off the boards.

Oh no, it finally happened. :shocked: The symptoms of tertiary stage syphilis have come to bear at last. I could deal with the chancres for all those years (I kinda got to like the smell), but insanity is too much to handle. The long ride of/on Slicker's mom may finally be coming to an end.

I guess it's time we finally take a trip to the clinic boys. We could car pool, or maybe get a group rate. Who's with me? Slick, we know you're clean, so you're exempt...or are you? :eek:

* btw, Darth Instigator: Caesar was kidding. I'm kidding. We're all kidding, exept for the part about Slicker's mom having syphilis. Nothing funny about that. That disease has taken so many of the great ones, and a few not so great ones. Soon, it will take her, and may her dirty soul rot in heck.

2-1B
07-11-2006, 02:09 PM
And soon it will take me. :(

seanmcfripp
07-11-2006, 09:47 PM
And soon it will take me. :(

You'll be missed. I got dibs on your spud gun. And if you don't sell the Firebird before you leave us, you know who to call.

pegger
07-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Qui Gon is also dead...

What's easier to say - There you will meet Yoda, the Jedi Master who trained me

or

There you will meet Yoda, some short guy, ... oh yeah, and he's a Jedi too. He trained my master, who got killed by another sith guy, but don't that that fool you, my master was tough. So was Yoda...even though he got beat the emperor...In any event, the guy you want is on Dagobah...

Darth Instigator
07-11-2006, 11:22 PM
or the most obvious thing, " go see yoda a Jedi Master" not specifically MINE. but you can make it difficult if you want. And I thought Yoda trained dooku who trained Qui Gon?

2-1B
07-12-2006, 02:29 AM
You'll be missed. I got dibs on your spud gun. And if you don't sell the Firebird before you leave us, you know who to call.

I hope the war goes on forever and Ryan gets drafted.