PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte NC Finds

timmae
07-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Kannapolis target has vtsc marked down to 8.38. they have tons minus scouts.

timmae
07-11-2006, 11:12 PM
concord tru had the mcfarlane boxed mickey mantle in. i saw a dude buying one. in the ssg CA way, i stashed one for my buddy that collects yankee mcfarlanes. he even wears a yankee hat. i hate the yankees. not really looking for too much lately. all cought up.

timmae
07-26-2006, 11:38 PM
saw the endor wave at concord tru yesterday. i did not pick up any of them(not worth 6.99 plus tax to me). they had them all. may get the chirpa later though. what a lame wave. missed the cars cars. first time they had them in. already got the firetruck and they only had the blue mcqueen left. i did pick up a momaw in baltimore last week when i was visiting at the whitemarsh target. only to see my target in charlotte had 4 when i got back.

El Chuxter
07-26-2006, 11:40 PM
I thought this thread was another continuation of the joke that the Emperor's first name is Charlotte. :)

It sounds like it may be a bit out of the way for you, but is the independent toy store in Cotswold Mall still open? I found many old figures there back in the day (like wave 1 GIJoes five or six years after they were discontinued). It's probably been gone for years, though.

2-1B
07-27-2006, 01:19 AM
I thought this thread was another continuation of the joke that the Emperor's first name is Charlotte. :)

Me too. :D

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Me three fellas. Time to change the title

timmae
07-27-2006, 09:47 AM

It sounds like it may be a bit out of the way for you, but is the independent toy store in Cotswold Mall still open? I found many old figures there back in the day (like wave 1 GIJoes five or six years after they were discontinued). It's probably been gone for years, though.

i get jokes. there was a store on independence that closed last year. i never heard of the cotswold mall? good to see some peeps here though.

El Chuxter
07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
I've not lived there for almost ten years, actually. :)

Cotswold is at the corner of Sharon-Amity and (I think) Monroe. It's a craptastic mall. Which is probably why no one bought toys there.

timmae
07-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I've not lived there for almost ten years, actually. :)

Cotswold is at the corner of Sharon-Amity and (I think) Monroe. It's a craptastic mall. Which is probably why no one bought toys there.

okay that was the independence road store that closed last year. i hardly got down there. i did get a tru rots holo yoda there though.

wahoooo, i got in on the target deals today! thanks target. i wish i could have waited to get the lucas stormy. 4.98 for a battlepack! what a deal!

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Great price on the battle pack. Wish I found one for that price.

timmae
08-07-2006, 04:48 PM
i picked up a 501st today at walmart university. and i said i wasn't going to buy repacks...look out if i find the shock i was going to pass on too.

timmae
08-11-2006, 07:41 PM
i bought 2 more 501st today from themount holly wallmart. pm me if you want a trade or need one or two. also finally got a sarge. wahooo!!!

timmae
08-15-2006, 09:52 PM
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: good thing i stopped home in between hours at work today. i saw a box by my mailbox. i got my 501st from hasbro. then a couple hours later we must have got 4" of rain. how lazy was it that the mailman could not put it on my porch. they just threw it in the bushes. the corner was dented, but the inside was fine. THANKS USPS.:hurt: :hurt: :hurt:

timmae
08-22-2006, 02:33 PM
found 2 shocktroopers at walmart north of the speedway on 29 this morning. bought both. the card is warped a little.

timmae
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
snagged 2 more shock troopers at walmart in kannapolis today. these had the fett holo.

timmae
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
the blue and red troopers are in abundance at all the charlotte tru's. i did not pick up any. was really just looking for an extra scorch. now that i snagged a target unleashed. i think i will stop searchin for a while...just searching for some cheap, but good patio chairs and table(waited too long for the super clearace at targets:mad: :mad: :mad:

timmae
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM
KB got the bb unleashed vader in today...without the sticker of course. 19.99 each. kinnd of strange. i guess hasbro felt bad for leaving them out?:rolleyes:

timmae
09-14-2006, 10:35 PM
picked up the 4 pack palpy set from walmart on rt 16. a deal at 4 figures for 9.96. especially since i passed on the saga palpy this time. i also passed on that luke on the old saga and otc card. so at less than 2.50 you really can't beat it. tru concord finally got the at at in. very nice. i can not justify going 90 bucks on it. although they will sell out before clearance. especially with xmas around the corner.

timmae
09-29-2006, 01:01 AM
nothing new here. i did snag a luke/han galactic heroes last week at tru concord. also today i finally got a death star gunner after passing on it for a while. also snagged an unleashed chewy for 8 bucks at kannapolis walmart. i passed on it, but any unleashed is worth 8 bucks. now i have both chewy's.

timmae
12-28-2006, 11:06 PM
finally saw wave 8 at the new kannapolis target. no droids though. odd. they had 2 of each of the e3 clones. i only picked up 1 of each. they were not mint, but i bought them anyway. last time i passed up a kit with no shirt (clone wars white carded) because of condition, i never saw it again.

timmae
01-18-2007, 11:38 PM
saw the battle droids today for the first time. i picked up the one that had 2 in a pack only. i was looking at the shirtless fisto. i may take him back since walmart has some exclusives coming out that i want.

timmae
02-01-2007, 01:30 AM
i snagged the wave 9 figs that i wanted from walmart mooresville(very nice). i need to order some more starcases...going to see what cases are best for the 07 packaging first though. i passed on yarel and padme. no luck on the exclusives yet though. i'm gonna check every day though. i did pick me up the luke jedi unleashed for 11. bucks. the package was in good shape and i missed him first go round. the green tracers left by the sabre glows like the old type antifreeze. very nice in the tube. was going to get one from kannapolis store a couple days earlier, but the packages were hosed.:thumbsup:

timmae
02-07-2007, 01:03 AM
wave 10 walmart exclusives are at 3 walmarts around town in charlotte, nc. wave 9 has been scarce. luckily i got the ones i need from wave 9 already.

timmae
03-07-2007, 12:22 AM
went by walmart university today. i picked up an unleashed shadow trooper. overpriced at 20 bucks(i had to have it ya know), i must add. the anakin one's face looked pretty neat, i don't remember if the carded one was that cool or not, but not worth spending 20 bucks on another one. as a package collector, i like the plastic film they wrapped around the cannister to keep them from scratching...of course i will leave it on. as in 40 yr old virgin...don't remove the film...it loses it's value!:D :D :D

timmae
03-15-2007, 11:40 PM
picked up an obi/durge galactic hero set today at huntersville target. shunned the others. checked kmart for the TAC wave this week 2x. didn't find CARP. not too pumped for the TAC wave. like i said about the saga wave, i got to cut back, and didn't.:tired:

timmae
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
i picked up a galactic hero maul w/speeder and a tac airborne trooper at the tru in concord yesterday. my first maul in gh set. i had to have a maul. not a completeist, but got the durge a while back too. i'm done on them for a while now. also done and out on wave 1 w/just 1. was glad to see the tac fit in the original star case 1's. the stamps look sweeeeeeet. anyone going to c4 that can get me some 1st day issues, i'd pay for your troubles. thanks

timmae
04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
saw 3 of the 6 order 66 packs at the university target last night. nice, but passed at 9.99 for repaints. also saw 3 of the treachery battle packs at walmart on mt holly/rt16 today. i passed on them too. am i cured? at least til i see a mcquarrie fett.

timmae
05-26-2007, 02:11 AM
picked up a comic 2 pack w/luke & r2 from huntersville target yesterday (probrobly the only one i will get). also snagged a mcquarrie stormtrooper.

timmae
06-29-2007, 10:58 AM
i found 2 mcchewey's at concord tru last week. one goes to brentfett.

timmae
08-02-2007, 11:04 PM
passed on a mcchewey at target today. had a lot of the vintage for 2.98!! my check for the coins will go out tomorrow. also i got a call from kb (what service!) and stopped by for my yetti and tongue mcqueen. i'm all caught up w/ cars cars now. hope to find a couple ugh's when they hit.:thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
08-02-2007, 11:08 PM
It's good to see that Charlotte gets new stuff.

My area sure doesn't, that is why I go to Raleigh.

timmae
08-15-2007, 12:25 PM
It's good to see that Charlotte gets new stuff.

My area sure doesn't, that is why I go to Raleigh.

sometimes...too bad it is not always me that finds em. i've seen at least 10 mccheweys, no mcfetts.:(

Anyway....
NEW FINDS!
at walmart university yesterday, i got 2 nfl replays
Ray Lewis & Julius Peppers. (my favorite players from my favorite teams):love:
could not pass em up as cheesy as they are. 5 bucks each. gonna try and get them autographed. both tough signers, but can be done.:whip:

timmae
08-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Bestest deal ever today:thumbsup:. i've got crappy figs at target on clearance before for 1.18:whip:. walmart by speedway on rt 29 i saw a rots #41 SA clone with a 2.00 red tag on it. only it scanned for 50 cents!lol i went back and found another. 2 Rots #41 clone for a total of 1.07 (they stick it to ya in tax down here, i tell ya.):mad:

timmae
10-02-2007, 11:39 PM
no wave 4 here yet at all. not worried, i only want a couple anyway. i did get my cars tex dinaco signed by the voice...humpy wheeler today at the bank grand opening:thumbsup:. also saw 2 yeti's at walmart on brookeshire...pm me for stash location(hehe). tru in concord had the arena conflict. massive and nice. makes me want to find my arena playset and beasts. easy to pass on as i got the reek, aklay, and big mouse guy seperately (they looked to be diff sculps though. i wonder how much it was. they were sitting on the floor and i didn't feel like taking it to scanner as my back has been bothering me.:mad:

timmae
11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
went to 4 targets today down here. the first stop had cars cartrip, mario, & pit crew filmore. i like the new cards. the last target, i finally found a starkiller! still need a ugh mcstorms-have lots to trade-pm me.:thumbsup:

timmae
12-07-2007, 07:54 PM
found & purchased ewoks at university walmart. no mcsnowies. walmart reduced prices to 5.88 for all figures. (price they should be!)

timmae
03-17-2008, 08:22 PM
found a hasbro rewards check in my mailbox today. wooohooo! to walmart after work tomorrow. says you need to use it in one swoop though. free plastic without using plastic!

timmae
03-18-2008, 09:00 PM
ghetto walmart north of the speedway today, i invested my hasbro check on $3. cantina band sets/in tin(missed the galactic sets at probrobly a phenomenal price too-really why i drove up there)...and to think i was even thinking about spending 26+ bucks on one in 06...a lava droid(tried to pass-but really a cool figure...if i was an opener, i would put my target lava exclusives on top), tridroid, and kashyyyk trooper (saw him a month ago at another walmart and wanted him ever since i passed him by).can't wait for the supertarget to open near my house later this year. that will be the 4th supertarget in charlotte. anyone else got 4?

timmae
04-27-2008, 10:29 PM
ghetto walmart south of the speedway had the cantina galactic heroes sets today for 7 bucks(only the band one...i got the last wuher set last week at 13). picked up one for my buddy. some troopers i stashed got snagged already. only really looking for the 2 fu troopers halfway. not worying about finding stuff as much and not looking as much with gas prices like they are. target over at the university got the fu wave. only had a bent up shadow guard left. so i've seen em all but the troopers here in charlotte. the galactic heroes millenium falcon will surely hit clearance. what a dog!

timmae
06-25-2008, 03:11 PM
ghetto walmart (university) yesterday had saga legends scanning at 3.30 yesterday. i got a bunch. scanned the old band set...they were at 5 bucks a while back...they reput them in at full price of 26+ bucks. but today i saw the droid factory sets and the new comic sets at walmart mt holly and 16. the droid sets looked cool.liked the astromechs, but didn't get any. the comic sets, i really liked the wookie warrior one too, but passed.

mtriv73
07-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Whatever the first town on I-95 is when you cross from VA to NC had a ton of build a Droid packs and the new comic packs at the Super WM. I stopped to get gas and lunch (unfortunately one in the same when bought from WM) and saw the new exclusives along with pegs full of figures from the last 2 years. I picked up another CZ-3 and another comic pack with the wookie. Surprisingly, they had cantina denizens with curved bar sections and a few others that sold through rapidly up here. Unsurprisingly, they had a peg of Moff Jerjerod.

timmae
07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
university walmart had the new galactic heroes on the pegs today. i scanned the jar jar one and it did not scan (the destroyer droid was cool). i'm sure it had the no earlier than the 26th shelf date on the case? i picked up a cars stacy though. along with several of the figrin d'an sets at 3 bucks each.

timmae
07-17-2008, 10:35 PM
picked up a rex at target university tonight. the 1st day sticker got me. was going to pass on this line, but he is cool. dcpi (prob a repeat) is 087061011. also passed on yarna with a 1st day. they had 2 evo troopers and ships too. only a couple order 66 sets left at 6.98.